(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

543 posts in this topic match your search for posts by northerndude. You are on page 1 of 3.
#257 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This thread needs some key posts. Here, I'll do my best:
Some, but not all of the current game junk as of Today:
SKILLSHOT:
- Regular skill shot is the "Noob Noob" target between the Inner Loop and the Garage.
- Super skill shot is the garage.
- Hitting the Inner Loop will multiply the skill shot up to 9x
SLAM SAVE:
- There's an insert by the pop bumper pointing to the drain. If that's on, you have a slam save.
- If the ball hits the pop and then drains immediately, the slam save returns your ball.
- To re-light the slam save, you have to complete the "S-L-A-M" in/out lanes.
MEESEEKS:
- Added by hitting the Meeseeks box target on the right just below the upper flipper.
- You can also get a Meeseeks as a Mystery award.
- Up to 3 Meeseeks at a time can be on the PF in normal play.
- Having a Meeseeks on a shot, BEFORE it goes bad, will multiply the value of whatever that shot gives you
- Having a Meeseeks on a shot, AFTER it goes bad, will divide the shot
- Those multiplier values are indicated by color on the "2x 3x 4x" lights in the middle. Blue = Multiply / Purple (bad) = Divide
- More Meeseeks = More multiplier, so 3 active Meeseeks is how you get the 4x
- Meeseeks do not go away until collected, but reset when the ball drains.
- There is a vanity high score for most Meeseeks used.
- More fun Meeseeks stuff coming soon.
DIMENSIONS:
- You have to charge up the portal gun (vertical stack of inserts in the middle of the PF) to open the portal.
- Any "loopy" shot will add a bit of charge (ramps, orbits), but the spinner adds the most.
- A combo shot from the inner orbit to the garage is always an instant portal.
- Once the portal is open, you have to get to the garage to change dimensions.
- For the first several, you can get there from the right orbit as well as the garage shot.
- When you change dimensions, overall things about the game change and Megaseeds are lit to collect.
- There are all different kinds of dimensions, some are silly, some are cool, some add scoring, some disable game features. Endless possibilities.
- The Megaseeds are what you really want in the other dimensions. Every seed you collect is 5% of your total ball score in bonus, and they last the whole game.
- The portal gun will slowly drain while you are in another dimension - making shots/spinners can fill it back up.
- If you fill it completely (or collect all the Megaseeds) you can jump to another dimension without going back to C-137 first.
- If you jump dimensions, that new dimension will have 4 seeds instead of 3
- Remember to look for orange flashing lights, those are your seeds.
- The last 2 digits of the player score shows you how many Megaseeds you have at all times
- There is also an instant-info page about what your current bonus value is
- There is a vanity award for both "Most Dimensions" and "Most Megaseeds"
GROMFLOMITE BATTLE:
- Locks are lit with the "flooble crank" (remote captive ball between the Right ramp and Rick's ship)
- Lock 2 balls and the scoop lights to start multiball.
- During the Battle, all shots light for jackpots.
- Collecting jackpots is how you light the Super - first super takes 1 jackpot, 2nd takes 2 and so on.
- The Super Jackpot value is a base value PLUS any collected jackpots, so getting more before you collect the super is valuable.
- The Super Jackpot is in the garage. For the first one you can get it from the right orbit, after that it's garage shot only.
- If you hit the inner loop (where the spinner is) before you hit the super, you can multiply the value.
- There is an add-a-ball on the flooble crank during the battle.

Key post??

#461 4 years ago

Super struggling to decide on powder coated coin door or not. I really like the look, wifey thinks the black looks better and matches the black of the cabinet flows in better.

#466 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Purple is the correct answer. Trust me.

I can't have ragrets, If I don't go Kalaxian Crystan Color Matched Coin Door, i'll be kicking myself big time.

#481 4 years ago

For a couple different reasons. If anyone in the 250-275 or so range has a hard on for a low # mid 80’s and wants to make it totally worth my while to wait, send a PM

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Had a couple questions regarding standards, for whenever the Spooky crew sees this.
1. Will a standard come with a Spooky Fang Club Standard Edition #xxx badge like the BSEs have? (You had to be a Fang Club member to buy either, so just wondering)
2. If I don't choose the speaker lights, does the standard still get the black portal grill cover thingies? Or is that part of the speaker light upgrade kit?

BSE gets the portal speaker cover
The RGB lights are a purchaser add-on separate.

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Oh, yeah. But I am in Montana. Not a lot of venues for pinball.

Drive to Regina!

*nevermind, that’s more Minot, if you’re west, you’d be more Lethbridge.

#619 4 years ago

I took purple.
I did not want to regret it

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

So....the "family" adjustment is only for the callouts, right? No video censoring? I expected lots of blood and guts, but the repeated stabbing thing in purge mode might not fly with my wife/kids.

Cartoon stabbing cant be even close to what these kids see these days that we're not aware of, unless they are quite young. I'm not worried about my teens, i'm sure i'm naive about that they know/seen.

#752 4 years ago

Nice stuff!!!!

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Has anyone ever done a timed multiball mode where after the time runs out flippers die, balls all drain, then shoots 1 ball back into play (not a ball loss, just basically that mode is over)? Seems like this idea would be a candidate for something like that.
I know that Space Station has it's 'extra ball' mode that does this, but it's at the end of the game.

Monopoly land grab also?

#945 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Since you have self-appointed the role of ambassador, I think it's reasonable for you to demonstrate the simple quick fixes if they are indeed that simple. Don't dismiss folks who are new to this. Just take a quick tour at the start, less than 5 minutes and no fancy camerawork, just to point out "here on the pf is the adjustment you can make for the plunge shot. Over here is the other adjustment for X. If your ball gets hung in this spot a lot, adjust this part. If your spinner seems sticky, check this alignment and then play better. Check out the service menu for other settings, we recommend XYZ".
We shouldn't need a "early" game number pass to get this secret info; lots of folks talking about it and Spooky can differentiate themselves further ahead of Stern by acknowledging the concerns and sharing the info, and you would probably earn some personal goodwill too. Win-Win.

Whatever happened to asking nicely, being polite, and showing appreciation?

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

My Mini R&M review:
Disclaimer, I’m not good at writing reviews.
I received my game yesterday. I wanted to say that I am a little embarrassed to admit that i post here quite a bit and think about pinball all the time, but have played less than 50 games of pinball in the last 2 years because of my health issues. Having had a brain tumor near my motor cortex in 2018 and surgery to remove it and now dealing with the tumor that has re grown, radiation treatment, seizures ect it has taken a lot of joy out of playing pinball for me. All that said I played more pinball yesterday after I got R&M set up than i have played in the entire year before I got it.
I spent all day setting my game up yesterday as my mental focus is not what it used to be, so I wanted to be extra careful. First off I will say that the game is Stunningly beautiful in person, I was blown away when I opened the box and saw it.
The shots:
I was worried as heard people talking about the difficulty of some of the shots On this game. This is potentially a big problem for me as not being able to hit shots consistently is one of my biggest frustrations when I play pinball.
I start my first game and immediately loop the ball twice as it comes around the upper flipper (I was like wow did I just do that) then I proceeded to hit the left and right ramps easily, the only shot that I fount difficult was the garage shot from the upper flipper, I was able to make it, but it is a tough shot! My understanding is that it was designed that way. There is something about the layout/geometry of the shots on this game that feels very well laid out to me. The shots are challenging but make able and there are tons of different shots to make. A+ on the playfield layout, again you can tell when you play this game how much thought went into the shot layout.
The light show:
What can I say, it is mind blowing! No exaggeration it is the best light show hands down I have ever seen on a game! (I have owned DI & WOZ ect) I was totally blow away by it, so much so that I sat and watched the game in attract mode for a half hour last night.
The artwork:
I love it, so much detail! The cabinet back box and back glass are beautiful and perfectly fit the theme and art for R&M. The playfield art is so cool I kept finding new Details on it. The purple armor
And coin door look amazing, there is a sparkle in the purple, pictures can not do it Justice!
Toys:
The game may look a little sparse compared to a game like dialed in when it comes to toys, but let me tell you, when you are Playing it you don’t think that all all! The game has so many shots and cool features.. like the slam ring (way cooler than I thought it would be!), Danesi lock, immortality field, portal shot to the garage with subway that kicks out to left out lane, Ricks ship etc.
Sound:
This brings the whole game together the sound is amazing it’s like TNA on steroids! The sound and callouts are absolutely incredible. I want to say that the Factory sound system on this game is the best I’ve heard on any game ever, but since I had a powered Polk subwoofer just sitting there I went ahead and hooked it up and it is intense!
The code:
I love the fact that I am playing as Morty! I have to say that for being early code it is already very good with lots to see and do! I can’t imagine how great it will be by the end of the year! Video clips are awesome, custom call outs are great, modes are fun and objectives are well thought out! (profanity set at 95%) I love the direction this code is going in!
Issues with my game.. there were not many:
The left flipper gap was A bit too much so I used my gap gauge and adjusted it. The shooter lane sometimes hits the end of the shooter ramp and bounces back to the auto plunge, this can be an issue if you are in multi ball and the first ball fails to launch and a 2nd ball ejects into the shooter lane as the plunger doesnt have the power to launch both balls at once, I will try Hilton’s fix on this today. One of the legs was making slight contact with the cabinet which could of damaged the decal, the game comes with the good metal cabinet protectors but the way the leg was formed created a slight clearance problem on only one of the legs (I have had this issue on Stern and JJP games as well) I swapped the leg to the back of the game and all was good. On a side note When I set up a game I bolt the legs on and then slide a piece of paper between the cabinet and the leg to make sure there is no contact.
So really very few issues so far.
Updating Code was a breeze!
This game/theme bridges generations! My daughter is 18 and her and her friends know I just got this game, most of them don’t play pinball, but because it’s Rick and Morty they want to know when they can come over and play it. (I guess pinball nerd Dad is cool after all)

This game will never leave my house until the day I die and then my daughter will enjoy it for many years.
Great job team Spooky you guys knocked it out of the park with this game!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats man! All the best with your health

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Any pro-streamers want to come to I/O on Saturday to stream the launch party?
Deadflip has another obligation so cant make the trip.
I would welcome any others. Please PM if interested.

stpcore !!
Stream it man! Get some games in!

#1298 4 years ago

Ooh Wee! I just got some kind of super duper skill shot.. I squanched the ball and hit 2 loop shots in a row and then nailed the garage when it came around the 3rd time.. I got 1.2 million points for doing it and a really cool call out that I can’t remember.[quoted image]

Sounds mighty close to the Three way combo on Whirlwind!

#1327 4 years ago

Meeseeks box arrived today.
12 Meeseeks inside!

I’ll snip the tiny string off (it’s Christmas tree ornaments)

Toss a one or two in the game

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1490 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Since you cant read the text on the shot from the players position I thought this might help indicate it's the Noob Noob shot.
It's a funko key ring that I painted his eyes the proper white and added the squggily pupils. He's held in place by a wire running under the ramp protector screw to a hole in his head.
amazon.com link »[quoted image][quoted image]

Looky looky what arrived in my mailbox today! Lol

Great minds think alike

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1536 4 years ago

Including tax and shipping. Just the change in our shitty ass CDN dollar in the past week has my total going up about $415

Fuckin' covid-19 is making my pinballs cost more

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I claim no responsibility for this awesomeness as I picked it up elsewhere but why isnt this thread called
"The Wubba Lubba Dub Club"
You're welcome

Club name changes weekly. Wubba lubba....... was ages ago

#1773 3 years ago

If it (the hole from the rail) gets to a new location that doesn’t interfere with old hole in wood, drill a small pilot hole in PF, and put a screw in, whoop Dee doo

#1788 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I didn’t think his comment was snide.

I totally did

#1799 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Guys,
Yeah, so this rail adjustment thing is my fault. I put too many tabs on that guide rail which made it very stiff and actually bounced the ball off sometimes. Removing those 2 screws allows the rail to have a bit of flex to it and not bounce the ball off of it and cause it to rattle. I guess it could be worse. Spooky is making the adjustments, but all it really comes down to is removing those 2 screws. You do not need to drill holes or anything crazy. If yours is playing fine, then just leave it as it. Hope that clarifies a bit. I am still learning every single day on the best practices of pinball design.
Thank you,
--Scott

Engineer - over engineerin’

#1852 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Where did you get this ?

Dude, scroll up like 5 or 6 posts. It’s all there! Good to go

1 week later
#2008 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My day project. I installed lighted flipper buttons on R&M. They pulse green. Don’t worry, I didn’t void my warranty for these. I also installed a secondary mean well power supply to run any lighted mods I will be installing.[quoted image]

Those flipper lights match up fantastic. Great addition

#2014 3 years ago

Same thoughts here, doesn’t “match” the aesthetic of the pin IMO

1 week later
#2089 3 years ago

Great stream tonight be deadflip.

Also, holy shit has Eric knocked the coding out of the part so far, if there’s more, it’ll be more unreal

#2093 3 years ago

A couple of those call outs blew my doors off..
The Rick one about 45 mins in? And that morty - fuck Rick, fuck everything, fuck pinball, one of the best I’ve ever heard in the hobby.

Search Deadflip on twitch for the steam . He went forever

#2118 3 years ago

Mail today!!!

Still waiting on #84, but not waiting on pickle rick!!! Got the mod, love it, thx man

C57D41D8-C66E-42AA-A733-0706F81D2DD1 (resized).jpegC57D41D8-C66E-42AA-A733-0706F81D2DD1 (resized).jpeg
#2190 3 years ago

How great would the centre drain call out be the “god damn” from Noob-noob when he has to clean up ricks diarrhea

1 week later
#2437 3 years ago

Holy shit this is going in circles

#2467 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Not to derail, but Karl's work on Pirates is astounding too.
I can't wait till these Rick and Morty vids hit YouTube!

If you have a device like an android box or a smart tv, just go to twitch app and watch them.

I watched this after the fact on my big assed tv on my Nvidia Shield. great streams

#2585 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

For people interested, I just got Brian Allen’s alt R&M backglass and I think it looks amazing. The art style is definitely more “stylized” but I think that makes it pop so much more. It’s all personal preference but I’m a big fan.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool

#2609 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Things that go bump in the night the Spooky Pinball documentary.
This is now available to watch for Amazon prime members...
amazon.com link »
Such a great story, it just makes you appreciate everything about Spooky Pinball.

Like really !?!??
Ffs.

B71C0488-6345-42AB-888E-8AA2F0401CE9 (resized).jpegB71C0488-6345-42AB-888E-8AA2F0401CE9 (resized).jpeg
#2645 3 years ago

This is more impressive than the tickets please guy, you are like 90% cum gutter

#2646 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Well son of a bitch....
Spent this afternoon setting up the R&M that I purchased from CP Pinball. All leveled, cleaned and waxed.
I went ahead and performed some of the tweaks detailed in this thread before even turning her on. I haven't even played a game yet; gotta get in the proper mind set.
Oh yeah, I found this lock sitting in the coin box. Pretty funny if you followed the ACNC thread...

Cmon people, please figure out how to rotate pics. It’s right there!

#2671 3 years ago

Holy shit was Episode 7 last night something funny!!

#2682 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

So are The Orange Mega Seeds just how you collect and increase your bonus after each ball?
If so, then how do you increase your bonus multiplier?

I don’t believe you increase it.
Every mega seed is 5% if your score if I’m right and just adds up as you get more.

IE- 21 mega seeds would be 105% added bonus?

#2771 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Tonight’s episode. Just. Wow.

What a fuckin gem!!

#2791 3 years ago

Stage 1 complete[quoted image]

Hmmm, something that has brought me a smile!!

#2798 3 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

yall are killing me, the proper format is
"I got the email today to customize *and i am build number X*"

EXACTLY!!!!

#2836 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Since Karl didn't show it on the stream last night, and I talked about it on Poormans with Drew & Ian - this is the updated switch test interface (I posted this on the poorman thread over a day ago and nobody noticed [quoted image]

That’s awesome, Abbas even more awesome for the person that’s new to pinball. Wow!

#2846 3 years ago

I swear it takes more energy to complain and appear whiney. I don’t see the point to come
innnanf mention to everyone that your schedule doesn’t match the streamers schedule or vice versa.

Club thread, do your things like that in the other thread. Or not at all would be even more cooler.

#2848 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I didn't say shit about the schedule. I expressed disappointment that the Stream was not captured (and not broadcast in a way that allowed me to watch).
That's it. Spent some time looking for it, then came here to find out that it was not archived.
It took a lot less effort than ankle biting other commentors, that's for sure.

Ok, fair enough.
How come you can’t see the stream?
Device issues? Curious.

#2876 3 years ago

How friggin' close were you guys to getting yours before shutdown then hey?!?!?

Congrats, I'm excited for anyone getting theirs!

1 week later
#3078 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's the "Jerrys Simulation" dimension - not just Human Music. Human Music plays while the switches play sound bits from Jerrys Sim

My man!!

#3093 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Fed Ex called me to schedule delivery for later this week and if a tractor trailer could access my home. I asked where the game was currently and their depot with 30 minutes away.[quoted image][quoted image]

NICE, mine will only be delivered to a depot 270km away and I have to pickup, and that'll feel like fuck all ill be so excited, 30mins - nothing!! LOL

#3094 3 years ago

I've just been reading the # written on the boxes

#3123 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Thanks...does anyone remember what the deposit amounts were for both versions? I don’t remember what they were asking for a deposit.

BSE - $1525? If I recall?
Non - 1000

#3146 3 years ago

Hey all, never had a Spooky, multimorphic pin so have never heard the issue with power supply fan volume/problem or maybe it's not one at all for home environment.
Is it worth spending the $17 for a quieter fan for the power supply. Thx in advance.

#3188 3 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I've got pairs of Mr. Meeseeks, to mount near the Mr. Meeseeks Box available on my site now...
http://LockWhenLit.com/Products.htm
They're $20 for a pair. They are ornaments, mounted to a thin plastic washer, that easily mount to existing posts near the Meeseeks Box. Easily installed and removed with no modifications needed to the game.
For those that would like to make their own, the box of 12 Meeseeks are available from Amazon...
amazon.com link »
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com
[quoted image]

I got my meeseeks box of them at home!

#3191 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I am guessing early 80s are the next to ship any day now. They’ll have that new spooky factory smell.

Can new pin smell and new factory smell come together to create a new smell that ever smelled that will never fade away?

#3198 3 years ago

OoooooooWeeeeeeeeeee!

#3330 3 years ago

I would probable just add one washer at a time until it takes the balls easily. (insert joke here)
Probably easier than rounding or filing the metal edge.

*edit - beat me to it

#3378 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

[quoted image]
Boom!
New pinball Day!!!
Thanks Scott Rob and Spooky!

Congrats!!

Clearly you forgot to get the pic on the side of the box with the “born on” date and build number filled in.

#3385 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It's brutal. Gonna be at least a day. Maybe two.

I can’t even imagine being excited enough you want mine and not just driving 150+ miles and grab it myself, why on earth wait for shipping.

#3413 3 years ago

OoooooooooWeeeeeeeeeee!
I have 5 Meeseeks made up, have my pickle Rick mod awaiting and now a Quiet fan ordered from PinMonk. All this ready and waiting for #84, damn I need a shipping notification!!! LOL

#3416 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm only a few games behind you and live about 70 minutes from Spooky. Tempted to bring a tent down and camp out at Spooky Headquarters until I get that call

YUP! Just plunk down in a cozy lawn chair until they release the goods!!!

#3428 3 years ago

Adding a PF protector would be a bit of a nuisance for the builders as there would most likely be switch adjustments in there.
Prob best to let the customers/third party handle that.

#3430 3 years ago

Fuckin eh Luke!!!!!! Fuckin eh

#3446 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I am amazed you guys can ship these without the topper getting damage
must be some sort of voodoo magic

Someone "flag" this. I know who i'll be coming after

#3463 3 years ago

Wonder who got the "Wayne" machine?

#3513 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Looks like there are five things from Interdimensional cable in the attract mode:
Blips and Chits - commercial
Two Brothers - trailer
How they do it - Plumbus
Ants in my eyes Johnson - commercial
Turbulent Juice - commercial
Hoping they ad How Did I Get Here and the Eyehole Man

What’s about the fake doors ??

#3670 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, the fact that the stickers and sleeves are the biggest issue with this game currently is a true testament to the dedication of Spooky and their commitment to quality. The internet can be a tough place filled with negativity, Spooky just doesn’t generate drama. They provide no troll food.

Yup!
So I have some spare post sleeves here at home and I grabbed a few from titan with a separate order. Whoop de shit, I need to replace an .85c part after a hundred or two games? Least of my worries

#3716 3 years ago

BTW all, after watching Zach stream (which was awesome also) - damn am I glad I bought the pinmonk quiet fan already! It was like a free advertisement for the quiet fan when he flicked the switch to ON.

#3719 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

*NEW* Rick & Morty First Look & Unboxing

Quoted from delt31:

Link for stream?

Scroll up ^^

#3727 3 years ago

Awesome

#3889 3 years ago

Ripping into the city today to go pick up #84!!!!!

#3899 3 years ago

Wassssssup mother fuckers!!!
270k home

B9768002-E874-42DC-8124-6A6A09E0673E (resized).jpegB9768002-E874-42DC-8124-6A6A09E0673E (resized).jpegB6BB1200-FEE2-4143-A127-D48CE206B0C4 (resized).jpegB6BB1200-FEE2-4143-A127-D48CE206B0C4 (resized).jpeg38396777-15A1-4007-9EBF-43A001727711 (resized).jpeg38396777-15A1-4007-9EBF-43A001727711 (resized).jpeg
#3902 3 years ago
Quoted from Westbury:

#83 just landed in the Mile Zero city today as well!! looks like me and you will be up to the same shenanigans tonight!
Cant Wait to unbox this beauty!

Right on bud!!!

#4020 3 years ago

Well, got the pin Tuesday, but was able to only mess with it this evening as I’ve been at the lake.
Overall, I’m at a great and a bit pissed off mood about my pin so far.
Plays pretty great, I find the garage shot decent, I’m nothing sbort it awful to the spinner.

But as for the build, couple issues that I’m not happy with. A connector was off, really struggled to find the issue, and the pins the connector should have been on were full of glue so the connector would never have been on it for testing.
Once I toook my glass off, I couldn’t get it back on, the back of playfield glass trim is way off (too low) and I had to pry it up to get the glass to slide all the way up, after I was fuckin tired of messing with that, I went to take it off, the glass trim had 10 holes in it, the wood was split from the builder trying to get screws in and just kept trying over and over, that was rushed or missed in inspection as the one looking at it would have struggled mightily to get glass back on I’m sure.

Coin door installed sloppy I think also, as some cabinet decal bubbled up on top middle near bolt, I might be able to loosen and smooth out decal and re/tighten

Everything else pretty great. Gotta work on the glass rattling though, stuffed a couple small cut cable ties in between glass trim and rails to alleviate that. Prob 80% better for sure

Anyway, those are my first impressions.

#4022 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hmm.
I had to read this twice.

Fixed something. I had a autocorrect for the word back “of” playfield glass trim

Not back glass trim, sorry.

#4024 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hmmmm, maybe take some time and make a few adjustments and just be excited that you are one of only 750 people on THE PLANET to own this machine. If you have any serious troubles Spooky support is very responsive and always willing to help you resolve any and all problem.

I didn’t say they weren’t responsive, and really, you want to give me that and say how I should feel?
I am and have been excited. I love playing the pin and I can’t stop hitting Start.
If you dropped 13 G’s on a pin, you’d be justifyingly critical about quality. I’m not talking about playfield or parts quality, I’m talking about human putting parts together quality. I have never heard of anyone had issues like this out the first 100 that have said anything, so hopefully I am the only one that got the Friday afternoon employee trying to rip out for a beer pin that maybe rushed a bit. I have done the same thing at work myself.

#4041 3 years ago

Wow!
I don’t think we need to rag on spooky pinball. They’ve been doing a great job of voluntarily fixing things and chiming in here on pinside when owners have issues.
The biggest difference between Spooky and other pinball manufacturers is while the other guys are cutting corners, using cheaper parts, producing overall lesser quality pins and raising their prices.... it seems like spooky is going out of their way to make improvements and produce a product that justifies what you pay for it. And, they listen to their buyers!
Not sure about you but that makes my buying decision a lot easier.
Just my opinion...

Yup, my pin issues don’t have me troubled as far as not still being a Spooky cheerleader. I have to fix things, (not tweak) that blows, but I’m a big boy and I’ll figure it out here.

#4053 3 years ago

Lol, I loosened the door and removed the top bolt. Tried to push cab decal back down flat but it bubbles back up today.
I’ll maybe try something else tonight or tomorrow

*** in other news, which one of you clowns left to ur cheeseballs container out???

https://apple.news/AiVCk2gkVQDG1yEKiaNlDCA

#4073 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

That's a great idea, thank you for the suggestion. I think I'm a bit more limited being in Canada though.

No you’re not, call Spooky and call the distros.

#4103 3 years ago

I know Scott mentioned way back that 6.9 is the pitch he had, BUT, what has everyone had theirs with success so far?

#4145 3 years ago
Quoted from Tricyclejon:

Just paid the balance on my Rick and Morty #118 it’ll be here Thursday. Anything I should be looking out for when setting it up??

Read "key posts" link and sift through..

#4149 3 years ago

I would NEVER put pinstadiums in an R&M

Some games, yup, this one..nope

#4249 3 years ago

Top100 R&M climbing a bit, make sure you give this sweet rig an honest review and let it be seen where it should end up in the overall ratings folks. Let the hard work and energy that the team put this together climb up up up

#4281 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The fan is not that bad.

Yeah it is.

Worth every penny getting a quieter one.

I’m also in the mindset that spooky shouldn’t be swapping out parts in a contained power supply they are buying in bulk either.

#4303 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is there a way to get the knocker to fire on a match when the game is set on free play? I've tested the knocker and it works, and have it set to on, but can't find anything in the menu in regards to turning it on or off during a match.

My knocker works in test but doesn’t in game or match.
I have up to date code

1 week later
#4456 3 years ago

OMFG, I got to pick my own adventure. I know, I know the score blows chunks as I even got a Second extra ball in there, but it was so cool. I picked Roy then drained . But I got one stamp on a fresh second card.

E520BFBB-8C5E-457F-8809-3625425464EB (resized).jpegE520BFBB-8C5E-457F-8809-3625425464EB (resized).jpegD26253E0-A791-4472-86EB-5937EE2F5EC5 (resized).jpegD26253E0-A791-4472-86EB-5937EE2F5EC5 (resized).jpeg
#4488 3 years ago

Uhhhhh, awesome thread name hasn’t been changed in a while...... TheNoTrashCougar

#4494 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

What is a butter cabinet?

Direct print and clear coated cabinet artwork instead of applied artwork decals

#4515 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

If I ever decide they are necessary I would add the fluorescent ones.

I would put them is no matter what. for a cheap option, AND that ball flies around at a high rate of speed, any help to save plastics is smart in my books.

#4547 3 years ago

Hey all, found a little nugget I had to tweak fix, here’s what I did, hope this doesn’t happen to you, but might save some troubleshooting for you in case it does.

I had a coil firing intermittent but quick and repeatedly. I couldnt see it to see what could have been hitting, it was only the sound and nothing was moving g. so I lifted the PF and had to check while game was on, what it was was the leaf switch for the scoop to register a ball inside wasn’t getting enough travel upwards to show the switch was open. It was pressing in the bottom of the scoop metal and was staying closed. You’ll see right at the spot where my yellow stick is pointing. I had to bend the switch down a bit so it could travel up and release. Just an FYI for anyone that may stumble upon this.

This pic is aiming back up the scoop from below it.
6E166157-3710-45BA-B9DB-6B64E054A981 (resized).jpeg6E166157-3710-45BA-B9DB-6B64E054A981 (resized).jpeg

#4550 3 years ago

Has anyone else had the same problem as much as me?!! I probably have the ball coming down the right ramp, sucking back like I hit a wedge into the green, and ripping right and down the outline? I’m probably getting it 30%+ of the time, and it’s really fucking up some nice balls.

I’d like a simple tune up. Do I just need to slow it down a bit? Remove some spin?

Signed - frustration

#4568 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Hard Hat Morty is actually Dancer Morty from Big Morty’s strip club. [The more you know star]

I love when cowpoke Morty was backing off the stage when shit was going down in the strip club.

#4637 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

RAM is stepping up in the world. At least in the world of Pinside where it ranks in the Top20. Time will tell how it turns out, but more importantly it needs a lot more ratings to be considered legit.

Oh, this fuckers legit! Legit

#4642 3 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Does rick & morty not come with a tilt bob? Ours seems to be missing. Didn't come installed, didn't find it in the packaging, or inside the cab.

My weight was stapled inside bottom of cab in a small bag. Might have missed it. Just give them a holler, they’ll get ya made right!

#4644 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Setup my game today, awesome carrier service. My ball launch will reject from the end of the wireform 2-3 times before getting a supershot over the top of the shooter lane - can someone post what it’s supposed to look like?

Check spooky YouTube. They have Luke I believe doing a very very minor adjustment for that.

Actually, go through the threads Key Posts, everythig you’ll want is in there

#4661 3 years ago

Vat of acid episode nominated for an Emmy

#4665 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agree, while I wouldn’t be disappointed in more, the existing:
...Layer of adventures
...Plus a layer of dimensions and mega seeds
...Plus a layer of Meeseeks
Create a nice balance of depth as well as approachability.
Add in another multiball, more dimensions/adventures and maybe a wizard mode and the pin is pretty much perfection. At this point I think additional dimensions and adventures would benefit the game more than additional complexity. But that’s just an opinion.

I seriously dont need another multiball. The groflomite multiball isn’t hard to achieve, I’ve also had meeseeks mania during groflomite and that was insane, stack that during another dimension and during an adventure, holy fuck.

#4671 3 years ago

I give a fuck if a YouTube video says the words wizard mode on it. The code is fantastic on this, but the gameplay is even better, I don’t need deeper or more at this point. I’m quite pleased already.

#4687 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

BSE #141 checking in. Shipped 7/22 and arrived 7/29. Great game, so many laughs. Maybe I can stop obsessively checking this thread now .... doubt it .
[quoted image]

No, you won’t stop.

#4703 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

BSE #134. Just picked it up from distribution hub in Colorado. Butter cabinet. Hopefully I’ll have it set up tonight. Can’t wait to get home.
[quoted image]

Saaaweeeeeeet’

#4707 3 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

I've tried a few times but I don't think they are open today

Keep checkin cables

#4852 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What do the different colors on the Morty adventure card represent? I hadn’t noticed this before.

I'm going to assume completed, failed, drained adventures?

#4857 3 years ago

I just had a MB during Blood Dome, that didn’t go well

#4952 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Rick and Morty Season 4 is being released on DVD in just over a month! September 22, 2020 according to Amazon!
Very exciting!

There’s still dvds?

#4962 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Ahhh that's interesting. Didn't know that. Bring on the slut dragons!
[quoted image]

This.

Slut dragons unite!!!

#4967 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Got build sheet for #186
Wondering what the Interior Graphics look like
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thnx

They’re uninspiring but ok.
Be worse without them. I’d have liked them to have some pop

#4972 3 years ago

Right on, you’re rocking it Eric!

#5015 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

At this rate Spooky will be making RMs for the next 2-3 years.

no, not gonna happen.

#5124 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So how good is this pin ?? I promised my 2 boys they get next picks on pins .I had an opportunity to purchase downstroke on a Bloodsuckers that was due by Christmas that would’ve gave me enough time to get $ together.I was talking w nice guy selling and told him I needed till next morn to see if my 2 boys would agree to combine on it .Took them kayaking next day n they agreed but when we got back it was sold now I’m wondering what we missed out on .Please tell ...as if I go after another it will cost me more I’m on the fence .

Shouldn’t have hesitated.

#5166 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I just found out that no. 158 has been held up by my own stupid special request
note to self: do not, I repeat, do not ask scott to sign any more games. I meant to sign it with a marker!!!
and I won't even go into what eric did

Well, clearly you want to tell us, you brought it up and you can't do a built up and, you know......not deliver :0

#5169 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

and I won't even go into what eric did

Oh, I figured you had something more in depth there.

So you asked them to sign it and they signed it, ok.

#5305 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is done - new setting in the Feature settings to independently set the audio volume for the cable clips. You can even turn it off entirely, if you wanted that for some reason.

Dude, love it!! Being able to turn down is great

Quoted from zaphX:

Are you suggesting they are using clips without having the rights? Why would they do that?

He specifically says “if they get the rights to them”

#5345 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Every time it’s during Pickle Rick so far. I’ve played it twice and it’s happened twice. Had to restart both times.
Just some initial observations getting going...
The ball seems to hang up a little at the top of the inner loop for me. I have to check that out.
That garage shot from the upper flipper is hard, it’s flows nicely when I get it, no rattle, just it’s a hard shot, wonder if a small flipper adjustment might help a hint.
I have the pitch at 6.5 and plays well, is that low for the game? I couldn’t find a level anywhere on shooter lane or anywhere else on the game.
Other than that I’m super impressed! The quality feels great, the gameplay is really fun, it’s an awesome game!

Use the key posts in the thread for that inner loop tweak, just pinch the lane guides together a bit.

1 week later
#5476 3 years ago

You want to see how good the butter cabinet looks?

Take a peek at the Fish Tales member thread, and search the pics put up by Bryan Kelly, you get a sense of how unreal that looks.

#5497 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone still looking to get in? I have a standard on order, I believe #546 but will be built at the end because Bloodsuckers come first. Ordered via Joe at Pinball Star. Location close to me got one, and having access to one to play for a $ a game I can't justify keeping mine on order. Let me know.
-Tommy

DING, DING, DING. there, someone can jump on this

#5524 3 years ago

I said “hey google” play the evil morty song,
It did then proceeded to play all the songs heard in R&M. I’m hearing “Goodbye moon man” by Fart right now, LMAO

#5589 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Game currently has 8 adventures, right?
Roy: A Life Well Lived
Total Rickall
Whirly Dirly
Look Who’s Purging Now
Pirates of the Pancreas
Pickle Rick
Get Schwifty
The Blood Dome
Each is unique, challenging and fun. Some I’ve beaten and others, not yet. There is also a lot of action created from locking balls, starting multiballs and visiting dimensions. Everything feels complete and imo, the topper is integral to the game aesthetic. The one area needing attention is the number of adventures offered, so the obvious question is how many are currently planned? I don’t want redundant or insignificant adventures added just to jack the numbers. From a gut feeling, I suggest 16 adventures would be pretty awesome, whilst 24 would be most excellent.
Eric or Bowen once indicated there were 12 adventures initially brainstormed. Surely 1-4 adventures might be created from Pinside ideas. So Bowen or (Eric, Luke, Charlie, David), now that you are approaching game build #200, how many modes are coming?

Personally I feel if they even get to 12 they have gone above and beyond for me.
Any pre tv screen game basically have 4-6 different “modes” and are quite repetitive.
I also don’t believe they’d ever take a mode from our ideas. These have probablybeen figured out long ago and in the works/donealready.

#5687 3 years ago

Ok!
I put the new code in two days ago and I have produced the “non-clip screen” a few times now.
I played a couple games, went normal.

Went and worked on another pin for an hour or so, left game on, came back and hit start, I get video, but no clips, nothing from an adventure start, no pickle Rick video, No match sequence,

#5697 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Did you not have video issues on the code it came with? Do you remember what build date the software was?

This new symptom is from the 08/26 on Spooky site.

I’ve updated consistently since June

#5715 3 years ago

Yeah I watched it before but just don’t remember the part where they said they would be up to 15 a month. I probably just missed it or I’m old and I forgot
But I hope they do get up to 15 a month! That would be awesome for everyone!
Let’s go Spooky!!!

Ooooweeee, 15 a month, too slow!!!!!

#5791 3 years ago

Play the fucker, I fuckin love the shit out of my R&M!!

#5857 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Suggestion to add an ability to turn off the Shaker during the match screen. The game really shakes crazy. I've turned the match screen off bc of it.
Or maybe just lower the Shaker effect for the match screen?

I turned my shaker intensity down, I like it like that

#5874 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

What level % of filthy, is yours set at?
I was thinking 25% would make it funnier, so it sounds random.

100%, it’s always funny. I went down a couple notches and then put it back to 100 already

1 week later
#6123 3 years ago

Keep it up Eric, you’ve been nabbing these little things nicely.
The ignorant or bitchers or the ones without games don’t know how good we have it

#6150 3 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hey guys,
After cranking my game to 6.8 degrees, I can’t post pass on the right. But I can on the left.
Do you guys slightly adjust the flipper up in this case so you can pinch the ball in the post pass?
Lots of modes are left flipper dominate. I’m helpless without an effective post pass. I broke $14M in my first 20 plays. But it took a lot of luck getting to the left flipper safely.

Not for BloodDome

#6179 3 years ago

GNR coming out Monday (possibly ready to ship) others already unboxing other new games. I really wish I had could have my Rick and Morty already.
Would love for Spooky pinball to give us an update here on Pinside, every once in a while, to let us know what the latest build # is.
A lot of meeseeks out here existing in pain...
On the bright side I didn’t have a order in on a RAZA! [quoted image]

Dude, there’s a comprehensive list of delivered and paid for.
Why the need for Spooky to reply?

#6196 3 years ago

Love the new matches!
Mix it up baby!!

#6203 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got game 185. I am getting air balls off right ramp. Some are flying off the ramp at the top. Also a lot of rejection out of center hole.
[quoted image]

knock down the flipper power maybe? Is the game at the correct pitch? For centre, and all other issues. Read the "Key Posts" in thread, many fix any issues easily and right away.

#6247 3 years ago

Down

#6252 3 years ago

Yeah, i'm sure it's most balls fondled

#6278 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Where can I download the Beta code??
Have a game ready for location, would like the most stable version of the code. Thx!

Then don’t get beta code, use the code from spooky for stable

#6280 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCliftron:

I just updated to the September public release code and ran into a freeze up after restarting at the end of ball two. I know there is a way to get logs, but I'm not sure what the exact procedure is for it. Is it just to pop a thumb drive onto the board?
Also, I'm getting some bricking around the inner loop behind the car. Has anyone else run into this and fixed it?
*EDIT: Figured out the log dump, just had to stalk Eric's posts on the thread

If your looking at gameplay physical issues/changes. LOOK AT THE KEY POSTS IN THIS THREAD

#6342 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

Patience isn't my strong suit. LOL

Get it?!?? Get it?

#6353 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

R & M just made my 12 year old cry.
It's that great.
For those of you still waiting, it's worth it.

Cry happy? Because R&M

Cry because she/he got told to fuck right the fuck off ?

#6399 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

#273 final payment in! Shipping soooooon

Fuckin' eh boyeeeeeee! Oooooooooweeeeeeeeee

#6435 3 years ago

The screaming sun is THE BEST! That’s when you know you just scored an EB!

#6466 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

I can't speak for everyone, but 192 shoots great out of the box. Loop goes good, once you find it, it's sweet, I hit it all the time, got a 5 or 6x once. Loops better then my getaway or bk2k, but every now and then it clunks and stops, but that is rare.
Garage shots hard, but works fine when you hit it. I adjusted the rail feeding the upper flipper, just dropped it as close to the flipper as the slots in the tabs allow, that's the only playfield adjustment I made. Left ramps a hard shot, just adjusted the flipper power up to 38 on the lower flippers and that took care of that.
I'm loving the game, only game I've ever cracked up laughing over.... But I've never said fuck you so much to a pinball machine before!!
So much personality
Refreshing change

Exactly!!!!

#6623 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

242 has made it home!
Had some issues out of box - a cable came unplugged in the back box which was preventing the machine from booting all the way. One of my speaker LEDs does not work, the connector is burnt on the speaker side. The amp in the bottom of the machine was free floating (none of the 4 screws were present, or present in the cabinet). The balls it shipped with were pitted and one had a huge gouge in it, I promptly replaced them with silverjets.
I am also having some issues with the flippers dropping when hit with a hard impact from a ball. I have not had much time to troubleshoot that yet.
I called support for help locating the unplugged cable and Luke answered and was very helpful.
Overall pretty happy, the game is very TOUGH! Worth the wait for sure.

Raise your hold power on lower right flipper,

#6648 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Hey guys, can someone take a picture of thier shaker motor and post it R&M of course. And where its mounted??
I might have a slight problem.[quoted image]

Uhhhhh, you don’t have a shaker motor
Also, was it yourself that said your amp want screed into cab either?

Not coool

#6666 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is that a apron magnet? I like it

He custom painted it

#6698 3 years ago

I run this for every update, been spot on for every use!

5CD50172-D4CD-454B-BBA0-92D22C1C5193 (resized).png5CD50172-D4CD-454B-BBA0-92D22C1C5193 (resized).png
#6739 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

#237 arrived today after an absolutely horrible experience w/ R&L Carriers. They “forgot” to put it on the truck on Thursday and Friday, and it finally showed up at 7am this morning (Saturday). I’ll never use them for shipping a pin in the future.
Handful of issues that I’m going to be working my way through - many of these have been reported by others.
- Right flipper button has issues. Top flipper engages first, followed by the bottom one, so I’m guessing the wires are backwards on the dual leafs. The bottom one also doesn’t engage reliably.
- Ridiculous levels of bass. I’ve dialed the sub volume just a hair over completely off (counter clockwise). Seems like it is way too sensitive to the tiniest adjustment. I will need some kind of anti rattle tape for sure.
- Shaker motor is also way too strong, so I’ll open it up and tweak the angle between the weights.
- Getting quite a few air balls on the right ramp. Does it need some kind of shield/protector there? Maybe flipper strength should be dialed down.
- Looks like I’m having the cab decal issue around the legs that others have reported recently. I’m going to either add an additional protector, or some washers/shims. This is more than a little annoying, and makes me not want to play it until I figure out a solution.
Glad to finally have my machine, but wish it were a bit more “ready to play” out of the box.

I believe there's three power settings for shaker, don't go changing weights until go through settings.

#6782 3 years ago

Not shitting on the product.
Does a product like this work in a pin easily?

2069337C-320E-49CD-870A-FBE294B70D20 (resized).png2069337C-320E-49CD-870A-FBE294B70D20 (resized).png
#6858 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinz:

I had very unresponsive standups too but after adjusting the leaf switches it sorted them.

I HAD to adjust stand ups, hardly a shot would register. All good after a tweak!

#6918 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Have a question when starting a ball with the ball save display at the bottom sometimes has red lights (what does that signify?) and is there any other information when those lights are a different colors?
Also my insert light is having an issue one Morty doesn't change colors with the rest.

Lift the PF, push in all the connections for the bulbs, they will go the incorrect color if loose. The lights are red because you haven't hit the spinner yet to charge up the lights!! and turn them green

edit: whoops, I mis read, wrong lights interpreted for red

#7005 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Does anyone have buyers remorse? especially at the premium prices.....Im on the fence.
I do yes. Selling after a week or so.

That's a shame, I love mine so much.

#7008 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Please do tell all the issues you had. You’ve had 4 weeks. Doesn’t look like you posted anything after you got your game until now.

He doesn't necessarily need to have issues, & doesn't have to like it either, maybe doesn't like the work Fuck or the game.

Edit- ok, he has issues.

#7029 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My R&M took a lot of adjustments had the glass off at least a dozen times in the first 2 days. Luckily nothing major but it seems to be a game that has a lot of different tolerances or various build quality.
I still love R&M tho it’s super tough I’m not seeing more than 2 modes on one full game yet. The shots are tough as hell not like so many other games where the shots are all obvious and makable.
I was thinking about GnR still might but might not like all the multiball modes. I love MB but don’t need to have more time playing MB than not that seems to take away the special feel when you do get to MB.

I’ve chosen my own adventure 3 times since June I would estimate. I have got to a point where I have a game plan every game an idea what I want to accomplish each ball.
I get the locks opened up on the flooblecrank, I lock balls, if I’m lucky enough to get a portal shot in there, I can start an adventure, during a multiball, in another dimension, when that happens and you hit some jackpots, the score can rise nicely.
It’s also fun to play a game where you use attack the modes, see how well you can do, and see how many you can get through, doesn’t usually result in a large score if you aren’t collecting seeds, but also a satisfying game

#7031 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yea I like that I can just try to complete adventures to get to choose your own or sometimes I play for big points. Stacking Grom MB with an adventure while either in another dimension (or activating it on a super jackpot) is really fun and has not gotten old. Now if you can plan it so you are close to MeeSeeks MB, then you can get some serious big points! The best is when you have a nice Jerry bonus built up and you miss the target by a hair. Looooooooserrrrr.

My other guesstimate is I’ve hit Jerry about 10% or less on my final shot, damn that’s a tough one to get at the bottom of those targets

#7048 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have not gotten meseeks MB yet.

I think almost every OR every shot turns blue! to collect

#7053 3 years ago

I couldn't get the right one on the main platforms, was able to make my rug on aliexpress. I had to search it as space themed doormat or something like that.

This will go in front of R&M FO SHO!

#7116 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

You will get better when you start hitting the inner loop and garage shot more consistently. Make sure you go for the flubel crank a lot, you need a big charge on the anti-gravity for it to be effective, really hold that button down to suck the ball back. That also gets you the gromflomite mb's going, they are crucial.
What usually happens is I walk up to the machine and it kicks my butt for two or three games. Then all of a sudden I get things going and the multiballs stack, dimensions start popping, everything happens at once and the big scores happen. It can definitely be a one ball kind of machine, two balls that net you 2M and then one that gets you 35M. Hang in there and accept the challenge to get better at the game and it will reward you like nothing else. I think some of the people that give up on it never get to that point to feel how exciting the game is when you start actually having good games. It's like that for most games I just walk up to and play for a bit, if I just have crappy games I'll think the machine isn't that good, if I have great games and lots of stuff is happening it seems like a really fun game! This just isn't a game you walk up to and have good games on, it takes practice. But I think that is what gives it so much longevity in a home environment, it will always be challenging.

Nailed it

#7118 3 years ago

I've learned so much more ball control from R&M than I ever thought or knew I could learn. I go to my other pins and some feel like a joke compared to R&M. I have to get my brain to slow back down and play to those other games speed.

I am a better player because of R&M

#7130 3 years ago

Hell no, I even somehow hit the effin thing on other pins and even the left outlane!! whats wrong with me

#7173 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Season 4 has finally dropped on Hulu! I can’t wait to start watching it and I wonder if this means any new S4 content for the code is approved/released this week!?!???

Season 4 has long been aired, this should be nothing new for content

#7177 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

There’s been discussion about how Adult Swim wouldn’t allow Spooky to release S4 content until the S4 DVD’s came out, so finally dropping the whole season on Nov 1 on Hulu (and HBO I think) is potentially reason for content to be approved for release. Charlie also said something in that podcast to the effect of some cool stuff possibly already done but waiting to be unlocked/turned on, so again maybe they’re just waiting for Adult Swim to say OK...

Ok, cool, fair enough. I was wayyy off

#7200 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Does anyone have a recommended fix for getting the mini loop on the right side to register more reliably? I'm only getting about 30%-40% of the shots registering (on the second switch on the shot).
Prediction... this shot will be Rick and Morty's equivalent to the lower ramp shot to the right ring!

LOL< does it matter? I can't hit that damn shot anyway, HA

#7238 3 years ago

HEY EVERYONE - if you haven't pre-bought or don't have your quiet fan kit by now, you're nuts

#7245 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I made what I though was the impossible shot - upper flipper to the left ramp. The ball must have deflected just perfectly off the pin on the left side of the ramp entrance and had enough power to make it to the top. Total luck, and I was totally surprised!

I've 85% done this a few times, but wont finish the trip

#7257 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Jerry Edition 231 is scheduled to be delivered Thursday 11/5, 12pm-6pm......loooosssssssssseerrrrrrrr

Fuck I hope this thing plays unreal and perfect for ya!

#7274 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

How long do you have to pay the invoice from Spooky once it's issued?

probably until it`s built. But they wont ship it out, unless its part of a group that it needs to go in

#7276 3 years ago

Fight, fight, fight, fight!!

#7315 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

How tall is that topper? I can't fit anything more than 9" tall. . Are there any other aftermarket toppers for this?

It’s about 87” tall with topper.

Pin is 75”
Topper 12”

#7349 3 years ago

#84. Connector

CE43DFBA-6033-4B50-81E8-82F9D9482C97 (resized).jpegCE43DFBA-6033-4B50-81E8-82F9D9482C97 (resized).jpeg
#7365 3 years ago

Crappy for a couple of those items for sure. The connections, thats been pretty normal. I bet the cabinet corner split must be all the movement for being in transit that long?

#7469 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Decided to play one quick game this morning before work. First adventure starts and it's Roy. I made it to 4 Rick shots before accidently hitting a non-rick shot to end the mode. So damn close to taking Roy off the grid!

I’ve got to FOUR and drained. So close!

#7589 3 years ago

I don't know how far away.....can't answer that.
But in Charlies interview on super awesome pinball show a few weeks ago, he talked about new modes already done, waiting on approval. He said he had done some voice acting of a very "spooky" character in a upcoming mode (I really hope it's scary Terry bitch!!). There has also been talk ages ago from Eric of a "Rick potion no.9" wizard mode.
I'm no insider, just what I heard on a podcast

Scary Terry is in the game, if you touch buttons with no game started it says stuff like....'hands off my buttons....bitch" in a Scary Terry style voice

#7646 3 years ago
Quoted from jayfrost:

Thought I would update this thread with delivery info. Machine number 312 is now (rightfully) sitting home in Chicago. As the machine was very cold since it was stored in a trailer for delivery over the weekend, it will be resting and warming up before powering it on. Glad its home and looking forward to trying it out very soon.
[quoted image]

As you'll have time, (and you may be already) go through EVERY connection on the pin, check the connectors for any glue blocking anything

#7656 3 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I bought a machine without lighted speakers. Does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit them or install another kit?

Call and buy the kit it it would have come with? PBL maybe if Spooky doesn't have to sell?

#7665 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Can’t understate the rules on this game, and though it shoots tough it is highly combo-able. Also ripping the spinner will hook about any player.

The rules are amazing easy to “get” after a handful of games and come easily. The lit shots and Rick yelling at you instructions at times is straight forward

#7666 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

What is the speaker grill you are referring to? I don't see one under my woofer. When I look under the cabinet, there only appears to be a soft, mesh screen in the speaker hole, not a (assumed metal) grill that might cause rattle.

The mesh vibrates so much it creates more ratios to entire unit actually.

#7679 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How many dimensions did you reach in one game? I keep seeing the same 3 or 4.

The farther or more dimensions you go, they get more diverse or bad/good for you.

#7687 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I believe I’ve only seen the fart and scream and water and TNA dimensions. Probably was some others but can’t remember. Also I’d like if they had some description call outs to say what the dimensions are. Other than this is a good dimension (or such).
Lightning flippers are slightly shorter than standard are used on BSD for one example.

I like them, also, I don’t want to see random, want to have to earn the new/good stuff, make me work for it so when I get there I feel an accomplishment in the game and go wow, cool, something I haven’t seen

#7751 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Can someone please help me understand what the different editions are of this game? I know there is a Blood Sucker edition, but don't know what that means in terns of differences and don't know what other different editions there are...
I'm getting pulled into wanting one of these, and want to know which edition to track down if I should come off the fence totally!
Thanks!

Have you read up on this?
Have you used the "Key Posts" in this thread? The difference is merely cosmetic as you have to choose most of your add ones yourself. I'm not trying to be a shit, but read up you'll find out all the info if you try even a little bit.

#7752 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Have you read up on this?
Have you used the "Key Posts" in this thread? The difference is merely cosmetic as you have to choose most of your add ones yourself. I'm not trying to be a shit, but read up you'll find out all the info if you try even a little bit.

Also, you can't buy one, you don't get to choose. You can only buy someone else's spot as they sold out a year ago.

#7773 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Another option, much easier, is to offer the option to truly randomize. Not sure why the people that care about scores think they have to then restrict people like me, who think folks who care about scores is embarrassing.
Just offer the option. Move on

Whoa.

#7809 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

In honor of the GnR release, is there a Multi-BALLS dimension? You know...BALLS. Like BALLS.

lol, there's no shortage of balls talk in there!

#7819 3 years ago

I must be in the whiner dimension right now, this ISN’T a problem people

#7832 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

FYI. I still have a handful of the blue crystal mods in anyone is interested. The price is $55 shipped. Just send me a PM if you would like to purchase. Keep safe!

These are great and look sweet people!! Don't hesitate.

The only single negative could be is they don't turn off, but the mod gives a great look to the game!!

#7843 3 years ago

Was just on an absolute heater. 23 mil about, ran into my severalth dimension, 2 balls locked, just lit my adventure, Rick yells, points are with more in this dimension !!! I have about 15 seeds. Drained, lol, would have been a monster, I suck..... I’ll be back for more though!!!

#7855 3 years ago

Meeseeks multiball
Groflomite multiball

#7944 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Does anyone know if it's possible for a European buyer to import a game 2nd hand from the US and be able to use it in Europe? I believe Stern have blocked this option by making the games not function when the mains frequency is 50Hz, as it is here... so only their games configured for export will actually work in Europe... just wondering if Spooky do the same thing? There is also the voltage difference, but this is very easy to deal with, even if there is no easy terminal re-location on the transformer...

Call Spooky

#8001 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Unboxed #175 5 days ago. Game is incredibly brutal, but it's such a blast. Just nailed the left inner loop and left orbit/garage combo...so fast...amazing feel. Leveled mine @ 6.9 yesterday as recommended...was at 6.5. Shots feel pretty well dialed in from the factory. For now, not going to pursue many of the tweaks mentioned in this thread. Until I get better at the game, it's hard to be critical of the shot precision/flow!
Really basic question (don't want to lift the PF or remove the glass for the answer). Is the saucer simply on a spring, or is there a mech that pokes it to bobble/bounce? Thx.

There’s a mech on a rod that pokes it up and down

#8011 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I just had my best game (28M) and as luck with have it, the software flaked out during the game. When starting an adventure, the screen was blank/purple and the audio was silent. After 10 seconds or so, the adventure would start and audio came back. The adventure was playable, but the audio/video was hit/miss. When the game ended, same thing...rather than see the cool match sequence, the screen was blank/purple with no audio/explosion. Game didn't freeze/crash, but it was clearly very confused. Rebooting the machine brought the game back to normal...
Has anyone else seen this behavior/bug? Does Spooky have a bug submission process? I believe I'm running the latest build (2020.08.26).

I think you want the October 12 build? Isnt that the freshest/solid one? going by memory here

#8053 3 years ago

I added washers below mine myself as an early recipient. I believe you newer folk has them installed? I also bent my scoop top down a bit, I get few very few rejects

#8067 3 years ago

Just got my PORTAL to stand in whilst playing!

For anyone wondering, I think I got the 80cm one on AliExpress. You have to search space theme portal or something of the sort, Rick and morty didn’t bring it up

A748F366-CAD3-42A7-B30F-3F677480B08A (resized).jpegA748F366-CAD3-42A7-B30F-3F677480B08A (resized).jpeg
#8072 3 years ago

So, OMG, seriously first game on my new portal!
Had my phone nearby and caught the ending. My best game before ever was 33+ mil. Layed a beating on this fucker. I was in a night vision dimension for like forever at the end, the entire pin pure green for quite a while.

#8087 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Lol ... and ending with a rather appropriate "Peace oot!!"

Yeah, thought it was funny as it was the first time I ever recorded and that voice clip hit

#8105 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I unpacked #175 one week ago and I've been really pleased with the build quality overall. The game has incredibly strong "bones"...the PF and cabinet are exceptional. Tweaking shots/mechs has become part of pinball...for good or bad. Took me 1 month to "dial in" my Iron Maiden and Dialed In. I'm pretty happy with the way my RM #175 shoots out-of-the-box. Scoop rejects are currently my only annoyance.
In an ideal world, all the shots would be fully dialed in. Since this is tough to do apparently, I would simply like more guidance from the manufacturers about what tweaks they recommend (after the game is out for 6 months or so). In the old days, Stern would issue "Service Bulletins". Pinside has become the place to go for such tweaks, however there is often conflicting opinions. Would be great for the manufacturers to decide whose idea is the best and publish their opinion. For example, I want to reduce the number of scoop rejects, and would prefer to implement a Spooky approved solution.

If you have checked. There's currently only a couple things. Early on, Spooky put out a couple videos on how to tweak a couple things, IE- the shooter lane rejects (which i'm still struggling with after 5 mos owning) and I believe the scoop. If they are sending the product out like it is currently, i'm assuming that's the way they want the production models out in the world. If you want to tweak/adjust something,, that's up to you.
I'm seeing a lot of "this shoots well out of the box". and a few "I needed to tweak this' from buyers...... Spooky has adjusted from the early games out and has done those things with a couple items on the pin already.

#8123 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Nope, only when the portal gun is charged, portal is ready.

Correct, if the gun isn't charged, it should hit the orbit down, rip the spinner and fire across to the bottom right of playfield.

#8143 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

Anyone have a link for the pinball monk spooky coil coolers? can't seem to find them on pinballmonk.com

Not on PinMonk site, they are in his pinside shop here though

#8185 3 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

For subwoofer breathing, can I just drill a few holes with a spatula bit through bottom of cab or is air release not that simple?

No, don’t use a spade bit for that, you won’t be happy with the results. Rarely do those make a nice circular hole.
You’ll want to use a proper hole saw for that job.

Mine has the ports cut in from Spooky

Here’s mine from bottom view. (Yes I removed the speaker “grill” cover). Just a hair under 2” port holes

47A7E9DA-37F6-4B8D-87D1-CAE667CBC68E (resized).jpeg47A7E9DA-37F6-4B8D-87D1-CAE667CBC68E (resized).jpeg648FF388-E334-4D79-AE6C-178794F4458E (resized).jpeg648FF388-E334-4D79-AE6C-178794F4458E (resized).jpeg
#8204 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can anyone offer advice on a LED question? I notice that at times the lights will turn odd colors, however when I do the RGB test in settings every light can display in the four colors properly. What should I do to fix?

Make sure they’re all tight and seated properly.
I had some rando colors for instance in my portal gun row, one would be mis colored, I seated the odd coloured one better and it lined up to the rest

#8304 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Are we sure the game was functioning properly? Did he get through 10 adventures and play the 3x one really well? I've had the game for a 1.5 months and only get around 30 mill on the best games.

If you get a really good stack going with an adventure/good dimension/multi ball you can BLOW up a score if you're getting seeds while doing it

#8317 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Not trying to second guess the score, it just seems oddly high given the megaseed count and what you describe. I've had some games with 20 plus megaseeds and finished the adventure card only be in that 30 mill ranges.

It's all about crushing "super fuckin jackpots" while in a good dimension while inadvertently hitting meeseeks, & seeds and in Pickle-Rick!! LOL, thats the payoff

#8337 3 years ago

Seriously folks, how deep is the appreciation for how great playing and addicting this game is for you guys?
I find it after 5 months owning it as fantastic as the first day still and I’m as still as addicted to pressing Start.

*Even though I can’t seem to get my shooter lane perfected, even as I’ll have 30 perfect shooter lane games, the power seems to be a little volatile from press to press of launch (or Squanch in my case)

#8357 3 years ago

here.

It’s about 87” tall with topper.
Pin is 75”
Topper 12”

#8359 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

The key to me nailing down my shooter lane was that the wire form was not securely seated into the playfully (see picture) it would sometimes move up and down. So no amount of adjustment at the other end would get it consistent . I pushed it down into the playfield and glued it from the bottom. It is way more consistent now, and rejects are less than 1%[quoted image]

Thank you, i'll follow up with that, didn't think to look at the beginning of the rail. Mine are super consistent, then it'll fail at the top 10 times in a row

#8472 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Definitely need to add to the combos on both R&M and ACNC. Both are tough to string together those 5+ shot combos, but when you do it's solid gold. It would be nice to have some additional rewards when a player manages it.

There's a combo champ in R&M i'm sure??

#8479 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Totally agree with the roy callouts and narration.
On the other hand, I am putting my hat in the ring for a "limit screams" option for the screaming dimension. Both mutiballs going during that dimension is horrible.

The non-stop screams during multi ball is part of the mayhem, love it!! Same as the farts

#8527 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

When the call-out says "Shoot for the car!", they are referring to the ball lock, i.e. the spaceship, correct?
Originally I thought it was the GARAGE (car, garage) but it's the ball lock, right? (just wanna be 100% sure)

Yup, the horseshoe lock!

#8545 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Got a chance to put some serious time on my new R&M last night... So much fun, but definitely punishing! Hopefully it will make me a better player in the long run. It's been a while since I've owned such a brutal game, but it's so entertaining I can't stop pressing the start button. The modes, the call outs, the dimensions... It's all so well done! I love the magnasave....I had a couple great saves with it, and a few f-ups It's especially exciting knowing there is more to come, considering how fun it is in it's current state.
I didn't have to do many adjustments out of the box. The ball launch was rejecting at the end of the wireform, just needed to bend it a bit and then bumped the coil power down by one notch and now it is perfect. Tweaked the amp to mostly eliminate the rattle. A think a couple shots may need some minor tweaking (had several good clean shots to the spinner loop that clunked on something towards the top of the loop and didn't make it all the way around). The shaker was set on high at the factory, and I thought the machine might launch into space! Bumped that down to low and it's still pretty intense, but good. Speaking of which, the shaker integration is great on this game! So is the sound system! All minor issues, and otherwise shoots great out of the box.
Had a couple code bugs. Both happened when I was starting a mode and multiball at the same time. One time the game completely rebooted, and the other time the call outs completely vanished for the rest of the three player game (a reboot fixed that). Sorry - first night with friends over so I didn't grab logs.
Overall, I'm super impressed and loving it. Can't wait to play more and start finding the shots a little better than night one . Thanks Spooky! Bravo!!

I can’t believe how much better of a player I am after having my R&M after 5 mos.

#8573 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I too have this problem. There is a reason Stern uses covers over the tops of their ramps I guess.
I increased my PF angle to 6.9 and it happens less often, but man when it does the ball just goes sailing.

I’ve never had one air all from a ramp shot

#8578 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

can I see a detailed pick of your ramp and flap please?

Sure, i`ll slide the glass and get some shots later, no probs

#8600 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Huh, really? Here’s Janky:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Here, let me grab some scotch tape and...there, got that fixed....

#8617 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

Here's my flaps.
My right ramp doesn't sit flush and you can see my left flap digging into the pf on the right. My left ramp shoots fine though but 20% of the time I get airballs on the right ramp with the left flipper.
I stick with using my right flipper for my right ramp shots now.[quoted image][quoted image]

Those ramps are crooked as balls

#8620 3 years ago

Looks like the screws missed the holes and are not lined up straight

#8634 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

While I don't really agree with your choice of putting a plumbus on the pop bumper from a design standpoint - I have to admit, you executed it very well.

I agree, great looking mod, bang on. Just an awful place for it, imo.

#8648 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is that something that will be going on machines or do we just need to plan on ordering one? Just asking because my machine is still a number of months out.

Why plan if an airball is never gonna happen? Like I said, i've never had one. I'm sure many others haven't? maybe i'm assuming things

#8668 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I’ve been getting some balls stuck in the upper right section of the PF, wedged between the side of the cabinet and the wire form, after it gets ejected from looping through the left ramp. At first, I would remove the glass to free it, but i’ve learned a nudge that jostles the plumbus will save some time and effort. It’s caused a tilt a couple times, but nothing a swig of beer and hitting the start button can’t fix!
I’ll have to pay closer attention to the flap and eject mech to see if there’s an adjustment to make. I was wondering if anyone else gets stuck in same place, and if a post or some type of add-on is whats’s needed.
[quoted image]

I'm guessing the exit isn't pointing straight down the lane, check where the ball drops out

#8680 3 years ago

Holy! For me, i'm not giving up my R&M spot for a raza.....wowza!

#8689 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

So much fun to play... and put mods on too.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really like the crystal mod, the tiny family in front of the house-(great touch) and the pack 'O Meeseeks

#8690 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

I had the same problem and my solution was to put playfield rubbers on the bottom to keep it from rising up. I posted about it a few pages back.

SO< i finally lifted my PF and checked out my shooter lane, THANK YOU so much for the suggestion on the loose-ish shooter lane rail that wasn't tight into the wood. I never noticed it was a bit loose on the inner piece of wire. I put a couple of those 3/16 tiny post rubbers on it, MUCH more consistent now!

#8723 3 years ago

Anyone have the instructions on what to do when you perform a system update and get a brick out of it.
I've done every update since June and all the betas until November, never had an issue updating.

I turn it back on, does a little blip in the top left of screen, now I think I see a cursor flashing in top left corner.

#8725 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Re-download and run the software update again.

I re-formatted usb, put the downloaded copy back on, and re-did the update once.

Should I re-download original? and then start again?

#8779 3 years ago

Well, no progress for me...

Tried to update at dinner time, it wouldn't seem to boot, I formatted USB, tossed the file back on, tried again to no avail. I am now home after work. I downloaded another file after dinner. Put it on a USB, and I have the same outcome. The game turns on, get a tiny text spill out of the top left corner.

Then the GI comes on and I have a blank screen with a tiny cursor flashing in the very top left corner.

If I put the USB in at this point. I get the full screen of Game Updating, please wait (or whatever it says), and I reboot after and its back to blank screen

p.s. I tried pressing F1 with a keyboard plugged in and it didn't seem get me anywhere

#8786 3 years ago

Well, no progress for me...
Tried to update at dinner time, it wouldn't seem to boot, I formatted USB, tossed the file back on, tried again to no avail. I am now home after work. I downloaded another file after dinner. Put it on a USB, and I have the same outcome. The game turns on, get a tiny text spill out of the top left corner.
Then the GI comes on and I have a blank screen with a tiny cursor flashing in the very top left corner.
If I put the USB in at this point. I get the full screen of Game Updating, please wait (or whatever it says), and I reboot after and its back to blank screen
p.s. I tried pressing F1 with a keyboard plugged in and it didn't seem get me anywhere

GOT IT, thanks to Christopher...
changed to a different USB, re did everything, loaded up!

only bad thing, shes back to square one, lost everything. I was to the point finally where it was exciting to get initials in, for a mode or a high score.
I do have a file with scores and settings I think, i wouldn't mind trying to get settings and high scores back in

#8798 3 years ago

Someone is streaming the new code tonight I saw on a FB soooky page, I’m sure of it

#8827 3 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

The other day, i played a couple games where i bumped the right flipper strength up to 32 and i was hitting the left ramp pretty well.. but i wasn't sure if it's considered cheating among high score chasers. I don't necessarily want to make it easier, just possible. I want to play the game at the challenge level intended by those who made the game. Tough balance i suppose.

Hey, don’t worry about any of that, do WHATEVER it takes to make it fun for you!

#8897 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just tried to update my game but after I rebooted it says update required.
Did I need to unzip the code or do I need to update twice?
It was an empty USB stick.

I just had the same thing happen. I did it three times, then I changed to a different USB stick, it worked perfectly.

#8903 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

When I tried to update the first time it didn't work for me. I had bought bigger storage space drive, then found my daughter's old lady bug drive was able to format it to fat32 and it worked like a charm. So the wife got a nice new drive and I get a lady bug for my future updates.

The one I have working for my update this week. I got a marker and tape and labelled - Spooky R&M Update, so I don't fuck it up next times

#8910 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Sweet! Now I know what to do
Thanks!

Best if the ball is moving slow, and looks like it’s gonna go out the right side, kind of tap, tap, tap it, it can suck that ball clean out and to the left flipper if it comes out nice.

#8980 3 years ago
Quoted from ninjedi:

#385 shipped!!! Should be fun to play over Christmas!
Might arrive in a couple days... so 1 year and 1 day of waiting!
Thanks for the Spooky crew for getting their weekly quotas up... I was thinking it would be in the new year after the covid shutdown.

Right on, +1 for another R&M in Canada

#9009 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm glad to hear that you appear to have located the issue. I was thinking about you this afternoon when I was playing my R&M and was paying more attention to my left ramp shots...I make them with such ease, the ball sometimes can really go flying up and around to the upper flipper at speed.
On another issue, when I hit the right orbit shot to the garage, the ball sometimes goes so fast through there that it skips right over the hole and comes back down. I'm sure that this happens to everyone to one degree or another, but it really seems to happen more often than I think it should. Maybe 20% of the time.
Is there anything that can be done about this? Seems like the options to fix this would be pretty limited.

Knock down your left flipper power a few ticks?

#9049 3 years ago

Rule #1 - for everyone, be nice. It's Christmas, be helpful, positive and not bitchy. I love this thread, good helpful ideas and comradery is soooo much better

#9062 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Yo' pinball people.
Ok... spent some time on the phone with the mfg. We have never changed anything in the flipper mechs and have been running the same everything since day one here at Spooky over the course of well over 2,000 games to date in that regard.
BUT... looking at older Spooky games here vs Rick and Morty ... you pinball maniacs ain't wrong. The flippers do sit a bit higher with this same ol' same ol' Wms style bushing.
ALSO BUT... some of you do see this as a problem. And we all do agree here that this CAN BE IMPROVED REGARDLESS.
So... since it can be improved... our manufacturer has agreed to work with us and yep, we'll be getting our very own Spooky Pinball specific flipper bushing tooling put together.
Anyone who feels they want to change theirs out, give us an email: [email protected] ... it will take a couple months (best guess) to get this tooling change tested, made, and in stock but we'll happily replace your bushings and obviously they'll be factory installed on all future production.
So there you have it... you spoke, we listened. Anyone who wants a set of 3 bushings for Rick and Morty we'll happily ship you them free of charge.
Hope that helps, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Peace, love, and all things pinball ya'll.

And that right there folks, is how it's fuckin done!!!!

All you others....take note.

#9086 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Anyone else try out the "diverter assist inner loop" setting? I turned it on and it made my inner loop shot even smoother than before! I'm very happy with the results.
[quoted image]

Super cool!

#9130 3 years ago

I like my shaker in R&M, I have it on low, and its a real good subtle but effective shaker action

#9138 3 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

There are even machines in the 500's that are already in peoples hands. This was due to the cost savings of filling out a shipping container.
Pretty sure i read that even a SA machine was already built as well.

I think it was a standard that had Kalaxian Crystal legs shipped with it

#9194 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Scary Terry in the house. Had to rob a meeseks stand but worked great. Hides some of the cords.

Awesome, nice idea

#9267 3 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

The eagle has landed bitches!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!
Wow, they’re pumping them out

1 week later
#9442 3 years ago

I don't see the need for a third flipper cooler as it shouldn't have a shot that will need that type of upped or sustained power to make. Garage shot/spinner loop shots should be more than ok with any flipper power

#9662 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I like to play in a dark room and have Pinstadium's on many of my games. I have an extra set and was considering installing them on R&M. Have you added Pinstadium's? Do they plug into the service port? Pleased with the result? Thanks for any feedback.

I think you'll lose lots of the lightshow with Pinstadiums man

#9772 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I had a good 2-shot combo in the game today, unintentional but still a fun one to try to pull off. With no locks lit, I hit the left side of the flooble crank, which richoched into the left car lock, which had opened a moment prior.

I've done this several times, and every time I shake my head and know it was bullshit, but lucky

#9785 3 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Just tinkering today. Just did this as a test.
If somebody wants to pipe it to a bigger display the DVI channel on the MB is live.
[quoted image]

I was thinking about tossing the video out to one of my tv’s for fun. Doesn’t it have an HDMI out to use?

#9790 3 years ago

Anti rattle tape arrived today.
Outcome = fantastic. Dampens the bass from the glass, even dampens and softens up the shaker on machine overall. Good stuff. Now what to do with 5 rolls!?. As 5 rolls was cheaper than 2 on Amazon.

I will use on my DP as I swapped out al the speakers in it and have a tad bit of glass rattle here and there on it

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9792 3 years ago

So, kind of hilarious on how awful I was in a game today. Played at least two multiballs, started on the factory 4 stamps. I was able to make it to Rick potion #9 (hilarious song btw) and hardly made one shit the entire game. Worst score ever to get as far as I did I’m sure! HA

DF4E29C5-B185-445E-8DEA-FC0B55C3B127 (resized).jpegDF4E29C5-B185-445E-8DEA-FC0B55C3B127 (resized).jpeg
#9810 3 years ago

Yea, my standard plays the same as my buddy down the roads BSE. I think there are 4 standards here in N.z.qnd a few more in Aussie too
[quoted image]

After seeing mine so much, it looks strange to see the grey speaker panel on that

#9832 3 years ago

Started a flipper bushing adjustment this evening. Fairly easy and straight forward. Fuck, what a nuisance tightening the flipper though, frustration.

Made an old rewards points flipper spacer.
I also tore up an old beat up switch stack, I got two wafers out of it to space the one side of the flipper plate up on the “inside” of it to level out the flipper also. One down, one to go.

0C6DF264-46EF-4A72-A948-9860FD497642 (resized).jpeg0C6DF264-46EF-4A72-A948-9860FD497642 (resized).jpeg18732D1A-2EC9-4324-8AD9-1088221701A3 (resized).jpeg18732D1A-2EC9-4324-8AD9-1088221701A3 (resized).jpeg717F968A-6BE0-43F4-8B1F-D7DF27B38073 (resized).jpeg717F968A-6BE0-43F4-8B1F-D7DF27B38073 (resized).jpeg
#9835 3 years ago

Is this the stuff you bought?[quoted image]

Yup, do it.

#9876 3 years ago

Luke just announced a big butter cab part shipment in. May have sped things along for you buttery guys/gals

#9949 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

All this meeseeks talk has me thinking that occasionally a Kirkland meeseeks should pop up when the meeseeks target is hit. Man I bet Eric loves all of our creative input

Kitkland meeseeks for score divisors, regular for multipliers

#10080 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Do you have a good link?

I have all mine sitting in my "downloads" folder on my pc. I can create something i'm sure in google for someone to grab if they wanted.

#10087 3 years ago

Here's the Oct 12, 2020 code.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bdBHOJlh2IcL0HUuWzCPxjsT6sBgJHp-/view?usp=sharing

Hey Spooky, don't be shy to tell me to fuck right off by me sharing this if you don't want it floating around.

Here's the December 8 code

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nqrKLkIcEfqtjfHKFlGdM0lfWujdCtBs/view?usp=sharing

#10090 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Can someone rec USB sticks for this sorta thing. (Pref BBuy options over Amazon)
I am a complete luddite with NO computer/tech savvy.
I have no idea what updating will entail, but I am guaranteed to have all sorts of issues achieving one without issue.

There definitely is a best option. If I remember correct, 8gb minimum, (maybe even preferred) a better quality stick best (brand name) and get a fast USB 3

I use this and it works well. Except that one time it didn't, LOL

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00C5K8E1A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01

#10096 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's a public build. No real harm in it. I just don't understand why anyone would want to go backwards. There have been significant fixes in every public release thus far.

Yeah, me neither, but just lending a hand

#10146 3 years ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

To everyone having issues with the update USB....
The issue is not with the USB stick (unless it is inoperable) it is with the way it is formatted. They need to be formatted to FAT32 and that is no easy task if you do not understand disk formatting. FAT32 was never meant for large amounts of storage and is a very old format. The easiest solution is to use a program called guiformat on a windows computer. If you have an apple it's going to be easier to find someone with a windows you can use. Although this is very simple to some of us make sure you read the instructions a few times to understand the process before attempting.
---
Feel like I need to say this... IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS DO NOT TRY IT, you could end up erasing your computer or external drives. Again I am saying attempt this at your own risk.
---
1 - Find a USB drive with at least 8gb, the updates are getting bigger and you will probably need at least that down the road (You can also use a microsd card with a usb adapter, technically the same thing to a computer)
2 - Copy and paste the Download Link to your web browser >> (http://krikzz.com/pub/support/everdrive-gba/tools/guiformat-x64.Exe)<<
3 - Do not plug in the USB yet. If you did just eject it for now.
4 - Start up guiformat and write down the list of active drives you see in the drop down. C: E: etc... These are the important ones you DO NOT want to erase (When you plug in the USB a new drive will be recognized and added to the list and that will be the one you select)
5 - Close the program guiformat (It will need reopened to recognize the USB device once you plug it in)
6 - Plug in the device you want to format (Windows needs a few moments to recognize the drive) (Remember what you plugged in will be ERASED)
7 - Start up guiformat again and select the USB device (THIS IS THE DANGEROUS STEP) You should now see and know without a doubt the new drive in the drop down menu is the USB you just plugged in, If you have any doubt see step 3.
8 - Leave the block size at its default, no reason to change it. Go ahead and start the format. There will be some text zipping by that shouldnt take long, you are looking for the line the says DONE.
9 - Drive should now be formatted to FAT32, go ahead and copy the update to it and continue with the manufacturer/programmer instructions. Make sure you are using the BLUE USB port in the machine.
10 - Keep the usb in or near the machine for reuse so you never have to do this again

Someone "Key Post" this! Is that just a moderator thing? if so...please. this will help others

#10180 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Jerry Edition 231 checking back in. I've had this game for over 2 months now. I really do enjoy this game, from a pin experience to an entertainment experience.
One huge downside for me is that this is the only R&M pin I've played. Just mine. During these California quarantine times, neither me or my friends that have played mine have been able to play on any other R&Ms, so we have no comparisons. So for me, the biggest bummer it that I have no other R&M to compare mine to so that I can even tell if my game is "off" and "needs" some tweaking.
Either my game seems to be flipping well out of the box, or I'm just naïve and don't know if there's something that needs a fixin'. Either way, I'll keep flippin for fun, and worry about tweaking once I have a chance to play on other R&Ms.

Take the glass off. Go into switch tests and press on all the stand up targets, see how the respond, or bounce a ball off them, see if they register, may have to tighten up that gap as mine were "virgin straight" also and they did not register very well. Roll the ball around the orbits, make sure they (switches) register there also. things like that will at least help you know if your getting a fair shake during gameplay

#10184 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I have always been a little bothered by the rattling that happens when Rick's ship operates. The u-turn ball stop plunger also operates the ship via a secondary metal linkage plate that pushes a small rod to hit the ship and deflects it up. This plate is loosely fit and rides up against the sides and the plunger and its all metal-to-metal contact between the coil rod and the sides of the coil mount bracket. My fix was to put the same anti-rattle tape on the sides of the coil bracket that I used on the glass and add rubber washers on either side of the coil rod along with a plastic washer on the coil spring side to keep it from eating into the rubber. This will limit the plunger travel a wee bit.
It's now pretty silent and doesn't sound like it's falling apart!
I also found the plunger was a tad higher than the playfield and added a washer under the coil assembly plate. I'll see how these tweaks affect the ball stop in the u-turn when I play it tonight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

NICE idea.. I have my R&M so tightened up that the only thing that rattles now from sub and shaker is that metal ship mech under PF, ha! I'll toss a little tape on it, thx

#10232 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

BTW - it would be great if someone who has been through it could put together a consolidated list of the recommended adjustments to dial in this game. Perhaps that has been done????

Use the key posts, that will help

Btw, his pin never gets boring

#10320 3 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

If anyone can confirm they are seeing the new bushings installed on any recent builds they receive, that would be fantastic!
Or if Spooky can let us know when the switch over occurs in production to help everyone understand when the new bushings by request will be available?
Thank you!

Send them and email or pick up the phone and give them a ring.

#10423 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Yes it is. Is this something to be concerned over? Every other aspect of the cabinet seems fine so far.

The plastic guide at the top of the glass under the head was totally off skewed on my R&M when I got it in June, had to remove and re-attach as my glass wouldn't re-seat into it and was wonky. Fairly easy fix, that was day 1 for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sleepy Hollow, IL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
543 posts in this topic match your search for posts by northerndude. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=northerndude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.