(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 363 of 405.
#18101 1 year ago

3ndzonE dimension
Starts 2 multiball and every scoop shot is an add-a-ball (shorter timed dimension to keep the score down or targets are worth way less during?)
If X number of points are achieved in this dimension, make it turn into a negative dimension after the field is flooded with balls forcing targets to get hit and subtract points essentially putting you back to where you started before you entered hah

Can you increase the percentage on how often we hear the "get your shit together" speech on outro? Too good to miss

#18102 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Starts 2 multiball and …

Nope.

#18103 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Bowen is an awesome player & contributed to R&M. His tutorials are the best...enjoy.

What a great video. He is such a great player and I love his Lebowski one too

#18104 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Loved Eternal Darkness, there were so many meta hallucinations that broke the fourth wall. It was very creative.

It really is a shame that game didn’t launch a franchise. It had all the components needed, had the game been on either the PS or XBox it would have been a huge success.

There are a lot of ideas from that game for fourth wall breaks that could mined for pinball…the simulated power loss being but one.

#18105 1 year ago

Ok so was playing tonight… right flipper, ball eject no longer working.. any ideas to troubleshoot ?

Thank you !

#18106 1 year ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Ok so was playing tonight… right flipper, ball eject no longer working.. any ideas to troubleshoot ?
Thank you !

Check the fuses pretty sure there is one that controls those solenoids that likes to blow

#18107 1 year ago

Thank you Epthegeek for all your work on this game, and replying on the thread. It is appreciated and refreshing.

Three modes from Wizard of Oz could be “borrowed” -
Push left flipper button and right flipper is used. (What did you do Morty)

Love how you get a last chance to earn your ball back by making a few timed shots with all the playfield dull.

To stop the so called flippers heating up, take away the holding. Be a crazy mode. Have to earn it back the flippers by hitting a series of targets.

Happy with how the game is. Would also pay for 10 new adventures if Spooky wanted to put that as a different selectable software game option. Gives different guys a chance to put their spin on it.

#18108 1 year ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Thank you !

Same happened to me, it was a 4A fuse. Someone mentioned here that you can run 6A if the problem persists.

#18109 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Because they’re FUN. You’re only ever going to get the 1 mystery award you actually get awarded - the other 4 are useless, so we decided to have some fun.

Sure, interesting but not hilarious... what would be hilarious is to have mystery awards that are triggered in the game, for example, triggering a special dimension with a rainbow effect, triggering an adventure, turn off the display and let a finger of Morty , triggering a whole bunch of things that can be fun, resetting the game with a light off effect can be quite awesome, you know what I mean?
for me the mystery award is not fully exploited, text is just the text..

also can you explain the hidden menu?

I love Rick & Morty, one of my favorites of all time

#18110 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I did add some references to season 5 stuff.
I’m totally going to add “Reset game” though. But then I’ll be tempted to make it like a really tiny chance that it actually hits and you get screwed.

YESS! This is just plain awesome. Totally Rick style

#18111 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:Sure, interesting but not hilarious... what would be hilarious is to have mystery awards that are triggered in the game, for example, triggering a special dimension with a rainbow effect, triggering an adventure, let a finger of Morty

That wouldn’t really be ‘hilarious’ either.

But I would agree that awards that break the fourth wall, could be clever.

#18112 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It really is a shame that game didn’t launch a franchise. It had all the components needed, had the game been on either the PS or XBox it would have been a huge success.
There are a lot of ideas from that game for fourth wall breaks that could mined for pinball…the simulated power loss being but one.

Hot Wheels has a great effect when you qualify red line multiball. Game looks like it powers down, ball drains, and then you get a timed unlimited multiball with a bunch of fanfare. It’s done quite well.

#18113 1 year ago

So my false drain issue still persists, AJ has now sent a 2nd pc board, now a smaller pc board about hcenter right under the playfield. After installing this brand new pc board correctly, the problem is even worse than before and also the spinner sound effect has disappeared. WTF is going on with this game!!!!!! Since Spooky is worth Millions and now have the Luxury to not work on Friday’s, my issue will proceed into another week!!! Game was NIB , 5 months old, home use only and it has been a nightmare keeping it working properly!!! I absolutely love the game, but WOW has it been a headache.
you

#18114 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Hot Wheels has a great effect when you qualify red line multiball. Game looks like it powers down, ball drains, and then you get a timed unlimited multiball with a bunch of fanfare. It’s done quite well.

What about Johnny Mnemonic and the power down, that's fun too.

#18115 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

So my false drain issue still persists, AJ has now sent a 2nd pc board, now a smaller pc board about hcenter right under the playfield. After installing this brand new pc board correctly, the problem is even worse than before and also the spinner sound effect has disappeared. WTF is going on with this game!!!!!! Since Spooky is worth Millions and now have the Luxury to not work on Friday’s, my issue will proceed into another week!!! Game was NIB , 5 months old, home use only and it has been a nightmare keeping it working properly!!! I absolutely love the game, but WOW has it been a headache.
you

Have you checked for a loose wire on the trough switch? Had that on a batman66, glitching causing it to think it had drained. Sounds like a shorted trough wire that may be have gotten worse when you moved the harness around to install that new board

#18116 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

you

Spooky works 4 10-hour days. Been that way for years.
So when you got the game, it was used?

Added 20 months ago:

You've also added a bunch of mods? Coil fans and replaced all the roll over switches with MRS switches?

#18117 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

So my false drain issue still persists

Just checking, did you make sure the trough switch bodies are not tightened down too aggressively, as was suggested? Mine were too tight as well.

Probably not a bad idea to check the rest of the microswitches in the game for the same gremlin. True of any game, I suppose.

#18118 1 year ago

Eric, thanks so much for considering more code! How about more of Scott’s music, maybe a jukebox mode?

#18119 1 year ago

Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but the spookypinball.com website is not working. There is a new.spookypinball.com site but the link to code updates for R&M and other games do not resolve.

#18120 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Gizmos:

Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but the spookypinball.com website is not working. There is a new.spookypinball.com site but the link to code updates for R&M and other games do not resolve.

Can confirm I'm having the same issue too. I wanted to see if I had the latest code, but links from the spooky website to the Rick and Morty code update don't currently work.

#18121 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I guess I could do that. Since we didn’t have a solid way to indicate “shoot here to continue combo” on the inserts with everything else going on I didn’t really prioritize it.

Ugh. It’s been too long. There’s already a longest combo high score; “Flow Mobius”

#18122 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Negative:
b4-llz - Ball search dimension

Eric hard at work adding stupid ideas from kids like me on the internet. I'm gonna be so pumped if this actually makes it into the game.

EPatwork.gifEPatwork.gif
#18123 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Kaneda just posted this fix in the Facebook group, so I thought I would share. I’ve only played one R&M but I definitely had issues with scoop rejects. This is one solution to keep in mind.
[quoted image]

Necroreply! Post 3322 in the sticky! Since it has been two years since this solution was introduced, would anyone mind sharing their experience? I have quite many scoop rejects and really wanted to apply this adjustment but was always reluctant about lowering the mech due to fear of PF damage. Pics and approximate number of plays would be a helpful gauge how this fix holds up over time.

#18124 1 year ago

Ok here's my two dimension ideas to throw in.

Complimentary Color ‘Odd Pairs” dimension (0dd-P8irs)

All Colors are the opposite of what they normally would be.

The Opposite of…
Green is Red, Blue is Orange, Yellow is Violet, White is Black, Etc….

——

Painting Dimension (Sp4y-p4lnt)

Each light that can register a hit or ball pass starts Blue, when hit turns red, hit again yellow, green, teal, purple etc. If target gets to white its points are doubled? Not sure if the scoring or color change is possible just wanted to throw in some ideas.

#18125 1 year ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

Ok here's my two dimension ideas to throw in.
Complimentary Color ‘Odd Pairs” dimension (0dd-P8irs)
All Colors are the opposite of what they normally would be.
The Opposite of…
Green is Red, Blue is Orange, Yellow is Violet, White is Black, Etc….
——
Painting Dimension (Sp4y-p4lnt)
Each point target starts Blue, when hit turns red, hit again yellow, green, teal, purple etc. If target gets to white its points are doubled? Not sure if the scoring or color change is possible just wanted to throw in some ideas.

I like both of your ideas, although the second might be a bit too complex to code as a dimension.

I have two negative dimension ideas:

1. How about an impatient Meeseeks dimension as a negative? All Meeseeks get angry after 5 seconds.

2. A Don't touch it dimension... Everytime the pop bumper is hit, You lose one collected megaseed (or maybe 10% of your score).

#18126 1 year ago

Why would MRS switches and pin monk cooling fans cause my issue? Game has been a nightmare from NIB 5- months ago. Game didn’t work properly with the stock roll over switches,,thank Hod MRS was invented. AJ is difficult to communicate with, he isn’t specific. Sends me replacement PC boards but doesn’t set the dip switches or mentions anything about stock dip switch settings, maybe one got changed during my left drop target issue from day one, it would be nice if a Owners Manual existed. These games are mostly purchased by Old people that like paper!!!! Feel free to call me anyone to help me troubleshoot this game, i believe my dip switches must be out of adjustment??? Frustrating 305-215-2075 Absolutely love this game otherwise!!! Just Epic, makes me laugh every ball!!!!

#18127 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I have two negative dimension ideas:

2. A Don't touch it dimension... Everytime the pop bumper is hit, You lose one collected megaseed (or maybe 10% of your score).

I don't think the game would be able to keep up with my negative score.

#18128 1 year ago

Was a wiring schematic, parts list, or user manual ever released? Not the user created version floating around that gets pointed to in this thread. I’m talking the real deal, official document from Spooky. Is there a PDF downloadable from their website? It would great to have on hand for troubleshooting and parts replacements.

#18129 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

1. How about an impatient Meeseeks dimension as a negative? All Meeseeks get angry after 5 seconds

This one’s a winner, but not this harsh. “Kirk-lnd: Meeseeks 50% off!” - any Meeseeks spawned in that dimension will have half it’s normal timer.

#18130 1 year ago

What about a Jerryboree! dimension where you're in the Jerry daycare, hitting the Jerry target X amount of times does something, and any/all Jerry lines that Justin did could replace any/all switch audio

#18131 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

What about a Jerryboree! dimension where you're in the Jerry daycare, hitting the Jerry target X amount of times does something, and any/all Jerry lines that Justin did could replace any/all switch audio

Justin doesn’t do Jerry.

#18132 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Justin doesn’t do Jerry.

Cyril does.

#18133 1 year ago

That could make for a great pin too...

coked out pam multiball.

#18134 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Justin doesn’t do Jerry.

Aw gees that’s right, my bad, just seemed like a negative place to be stuck in

#18135 1 year ago

Fyi I'd suggest turning down the diverter power. Not sure if I just had a faulty ball guide but the diverter ended up cracking and bending my ball rail guide, closing off the inner loop. Had to wait for spooky to manufacture a replacement for me. I now have my diverter power set to min. Might need to turn it up if it doesn't open/close fast enough on min, but I'll need to test play for awhile first.

PXL_20220803_185316021 (resized).jpgPXL_20220803_185316021 (resized).jpgPXL_20220803_185318742 (resized).jpgPXL_20220803_185318742 (resized).jpg
#18136 1 year ago

https://soldmy.org/pin/rm

Build 2022.08.02:
- Added: 3 new settings menus to enable/disable FEATURE, POSITIVE and NEGATIVE dimensions
- Added: New check/warning to make sure at least 1 of each dimension is enabled before starting.
- Added: Dimension: 't3h-dub' - (Positive) 2x megaseeds when collected
- Added: Dimension: 'f0n-du1' - (Positive) Targets increase Gromflomite jackpot value
- Added: Dimension: 'cRk-d4t' - (Positive) Flooble crank always awards a seed
- Added: Dimension: 'st4-mpz' - (Positive) Multiply scoring by green stamps
- Added: Dimension: 'nc-17' - (Feature) Just a bunch of cursing
- Added: Dimension: 'fr0-0p' - (Feature) Froopyland! Unlimited ball save
- Added: Dimension: 'Kl4-ck' - (Feature) Switches trigger knocker (YIKES) - Off by default. Requires knocker enabled.
- Added: Dimension: 'b4-llz' - (Negative) Ball Search ?!
- Added: Dimension: 'bl4-nkz' - (Negative) Only one megaseed spawns
- Added: Dimension: 'k1rk-Lnd' - (Negative) Meeseeks spawned while in dimension have 1/2 of the usual 'go bad' time
- Added: New mystery award option - Shake Megaseed Tree - adds up to 3 new seeds.
- Added: New setting to auto-light adventure start on each ball ("ALL")
- Changed: Trimmed the Morty "He sure says bitch a lot" line with junk at the end
- Changed: Cromulons "Hooray" will only add "Look" 1/5 times.

#18137 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Build 2022.08.02:
- Added: 3 new settings menus to enable/disable FEATURE, POSITIVE and NEGATIVE dimensions
- Added: New check/warning to make sure at least 1 of each dimension is enabled before starting.
- Added: Dimension: 'f0n-du1' - (Positive) Targets increase Gromflomite jackpot value
- Added: Dimension: 'Kl4-ck' - (Feature) Switches trigger knocker (YIKES) - Off by default. Requires knocker enabled.
- Added: Dimension: 'k4rk-Lnd' - (Negative) Meeseeks spawned while in dimension have 1/2 of the usual 'go bad' time
- Added: New mystery award option - Shake Megaseed Tree - adds up to 3 new seeds.
- Changed: Trimmed the Morty "He sure says bitch a lot" line with junk at the end

SWEET!!! Thanks Eric!!

#18138 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I did add some references to season 5 stuff.
I’m totally going to add “Reset game” though. But then I’ll be tempted to make it like a really tiny chance that it actually hits and you get screwed.

You have access to later season stuff? What are the chances of getting like a paid for "season 2" dlc. I thought the idea of no labels on the punch card allowing for future seasons to be implemented was a genius and innovative thing to deploy in pinball; especially this pinball with an ongoing show of yet to be aired content. 750 owners, $100 each, that's $75k is that enough to commission you for dlc?

Edit: Lol I posted this literally as you drop a code update

#18139 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Build 2022.08.02:
- Added: Dimension: 'k4rk-Lnd' - (Negative) Meeseeks spawned while in dimension have 1/2 of the usual 'go bad' time

Woot. That was fast! Thank you!

#18140 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Build 2022.08.02:

I know you're doing this on your own time and thank you, will you accept donations through Paypal or another pay app?

#18141 1 year ago

I am picking up a Rick and Morty today and new code drops. Talk about timing!

#18142 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Build 2022.08.02:

Wow, this is awesome! What a pleasant surprise. Thanks a million!

#18143 1 year ago

A note about how the Dimensions settings menus work - in case it's not obvious enough.

The dimensions always go: FEATURE first, then POSITIVE, then NEGATIVE and they repeat.

So they go:
1st - FEATURE
2nd - POSITIVE
3rd - NEGATIVE
4th - FEATURE
5th - POSITIVE
6th - NEGATIVE
.. etc ..

So on the FEATURE menu, you have options of "1st or later", "4th or later", "7th or later" and "OFF".
If you set it to "1st or later" - it can show up any time
If you set it to "4th or later" - it can be the SECOND FEATURE dimension or any one after
If you set it to "7th or later" - I can be the THIRD FEATURE dimension or any one after

The same kind of thing applies to the POSITIVE and NEGATIVE, they're just shifted a bit on numbering.

NOTE: The restrictions as to 2nd/3rd only work if you have the "Dimension Difficulty Restrictions" setting turned on! (Default setting)

Hopefully that makes enough sense to everybody else and I'm not too crazy.

You have to have at least 1 dimension from each category enabled or the game won't start (and will warn you as to what's missing).
The "nc-17" dimension requires that swearing be set to ALWAYS or it won't actually enable.
the "Kl4-ck" dimension requires that the knocker be enabled in the machine standard settings or it won't actually enable.

#18144 1 year ago

Thanks Eric.

#18145 1 year ago

I don't even own this game but I still appreciate Eric's continued work on it

#18146 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A note about how the Dimensions settings menus work - in case it's not obvious enough.
The dimensions always go: FEATURE first, then POSITIVE, then NEGATIVE and they repeat.
So they go:
1st - FEATURE
2nd - POSITIVE
3rd - NEGATIVE
4th - FEATURE
5th - POSITIVE
6th - NEGATIVE
.. etc ..
So on the FEATURE menu, you have options of "1st or later", "4th or later", "7th or later" and "OFF".
If you set it to "1st or later" - it can show up any time
If you set it to "4th or later" - it can be the SECOND FEATURE dimension or any one after
If you set it to "7th or later" - I can be the THIRD FEATURE dimension or any one after
The same kind of thing applies to the POSITIVE and NEGATIVE, they're just shifted a bit on numbering.
NOTE: The restrictions as to 2nd/3rd only work if you have the "Dimension Difficulty Restrictions" setting turned on! (Default setting)
Hopefully that makes enough sense to everybody else and I'm not too crazy.
You have to have at least 1 dimension from each category enabled or the game won't start (and will warn you as to what's missing).
The "nc-17" dimension requires that swearing be set to ALWAYS or it won't actually enable.
the "Kl4-ck" dimension requires that the knocker be enabled in the machine standard settings or it won't actually enable.

kinda makes sense to me but i'm stupid. If you want completely random dimensions, you need to turn OFF "Dimension Difficulty Restrictions"?

#18147 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

kinda makes sense to me but i'm stupid. If you want completely random dimensions, you need to turn OFF "Dimension Difficulty Restrictions"?

Turning off the restrictions would make it completely random as long as the dimensions are anything but “off” — I should say, which dimension you get per category is random. The ‘feature / positive / negative’ rotation does not change.

Alternately setting the feature dimensions to all 1st or later, positive to 2nd or later and negative to 3rd or later would have the same effect.

#18148 1 year ago

Never done it, is it possible to get a negative score? (assuming 0 seeds - which I guess is nearly impossible).

#18149 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Never done it, is it possible to get a negative score? (assuming 0 seeds - which I guess is nearly impossible).

That's how you unlock the Jerry Dimension

#18150 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Build 2022.08.02:
- Added: Dimension: 'k1rk-Lnd' - (Negative) Meeseeks spawned while in dimension have 1/2 of the usual 'go bad' time

OMG. Yes!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 363 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/363 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.