(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 404.
#1451 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

If i needed money I think selling pins would be an obvious first choice... at least my wife says so!

Wife, dogs, pins.

Interpretation of order is up to you.

#1452 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

If they want Butter, it's a $50 upcharge.

I'll go to $40.

#1453 4 years ago

Getting some hands on tonight. Will report back with impressions. Expectations are very high on this one

#1454 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Don’t forget to get a picture!
Have fun... you’re going to love it!

Definitely a lot of fun!

No matches set up here yet, and the foam is still on the ship.

Shots are all somewhat challenging, but fun when hit. Flippers are crisp and responsive. Lcd is really nice and the sound system, even when low, feels bass heavy and high quality!

Code is definitely early, yet still really fun and gives you enough options at this point for quarter pumping.

Met my expectations and superseded them for sure!

That said, if anyone is interested in an earlier spot...PM to swap for #384, lemme know if we can swap. I still owe a decent bit on a couple prior NIB games, and definitely could be okay with buying later.

20200309_181508 (resized).jpg20200309_181508 (resized).jpg
#1455 4 years ago

Any word on who we should plan on seeing from the Spooky team for the April 2020 RaM launch party at AYCE Gogi in West Hills?

#1456 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Definitely a lot of fun!
Shots are all somewhat challenging, but fun when hit. Flippers are crisp and responsive. Lcd is really nice and the sound system, even when low, feels bass heavy and high quality!
Code is definitely early, yet still really fun and gives you enough options at this point for quarter pumping.
That said, if anyone is interested in an earlier spot...PM to swap for #384, lemme know if we can swap. I still owe a decent bit on a couple prior NIB games, and definitely could be okay with buying later.[quoted image]

How are the inner orbits on this on, are they getting dialed in?

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Admittedly a tough shot, and can be frustrating...but once you get it dialed in...ripping around it 2-3 times in a row is a blast! I actually find the garage shot easier.

#1458 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

When I played last week, I hit that inner orbit from the top flipper twice a bunch of times. But, it comes around fast!

I have the Getaway and it has the same loop but on RM the ball has to be shot sooner off the flipper which makes it tougher (but still makable).

I think once you play it enough you'll be able to hit that loop multiple times but just like Getaway it's definitely never an easy repeatable shot because of the limited time you have to prepare and the speed. My loop record on the upper flipper orbit on the Getaway is 6 loops for a 2/3 years now. Granted I don't play my Getaway enough but I think that will be a solid record for a while.

I wonder if they'll have a loop record for that shot on RM?

#1459 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Definitely a lot of fun!

what's the deal with the foam???

why aren't they removing it?

#1460 4 years ago

what's the deal with the foam???
why aren't they removing it?

It protects the spring, duh!

#1461 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

There are combo bonuses, you can see the awards in the upper right corner of the screen when they happen. There is also a combo champion.
We decided that because there was so much going on, we did not want to interrupt the music or display or other callouts. It’s definitely a game-by-game decision, there is more visible attention to combos in Alice Cooper.

This makes sense. As long as there's a combo champion I'm happy. Well who am I kidding, I'd be happy either way, this pin is so much fun.

#1462 4 years ago

When I played last week, I hit that inner orbit from the top flipper twice a bunch of times. But, it comes around fast!
I have the Getaway and it has the same loop but on RM the ball has to be shot sooner off the flipper which makes it tougher (but still makable).
I think once you play it enough you'll be able to hit that loop multiple times but just like Getaway it's definitely never an easy repeatable shot because of the limited time you have to prepare and the speed. My loop record on the upper flipper orbit on the Getaway is 6 loops for a 2/3 years now. Granted I don't play my Getaway enough but I think that will be a solid record for a while.
I wonder if they'll have a loop record for that shot on RM?

That's good to hear, I'm guessing they are getting the geometry right? Perhaps something is being done different during the manufacture. The one I played would bounce and deaden off of strait part of the inner loop outer wall and lose most of the momentum (on a legit shot).

#1463 4 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

It protects the spring, duh!

#1464 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

That's good to hear, I'm guessing they are getting the geometry right? Perhaps something is being done different during the manufacture. The one I played would bounce and deaden off of strait part of the inner loop outer wall and lose most of the momentum (on a legit shot).

I played 2 different machines and I hit that shot off of both machines and the loop to the house. my gameplay on the 1st machine was limited so I didn't get enough chances and there were the jitters from playing it for the first time to also consider...

*** wanted to add this extra tidbit*** I know I made those shots on the 1st time I played because I paid close attention to how makable those shots were off the upper flipper. I was also concerned of this after watching the stream with JD

#1465 4 years ago

Any one local that wants to let me stream their r&m let me know. I can trade random translites for your time if you want.

#1466 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Definitely a lot of fun!
That said, if anyone is interested in an earlier spot...PM to swap for #384, lemme know if we can swap. I still owe a decent bit on a couple prior NIB games, and definitely could be okay with buying later.[quoted image]

I sent a message to the owner with some of the quirks I found, he was responsive and said he is working with spooky charlie. For not being dialed in, the game was lots of fun and the flow with ramps and orbits felt phenomenal (and FAST, almost like twitch FPS gaming). Put up some good scores as well.

#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

60 games have been finished and boxed up at this point with 20 sitting on the line being played and prepared to box as there always is. I believe we are starting week #11 for the year and we have been a full 10 per week speed for many weeks now. The first couple weeks are obviously always a nightmare and we didn't hit numbers for a bit. Also at the beginning we hold back some to get feedback and make sure we dial them in to the absolute best of our abilities. Elephant in the room question answer is yes. The virus is causing issues in supply but it has not affected our production here so far. Holy crap we have a lot of employees out with the flu though! Some of the early numbers we held also due to direct print cabinet supply. Overall best launch we have had assembly wise.

Eek I’m only 21 games away then!

#1468 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one local that wants to let me stream their r&m let me know. I can trade random translites for your time if you want.

I was told by my distributor March or April. We'll see if that happens or not, but I live in Orland Park and if you're still looking to stream it then, you are more than welcome to come by and stream it or just play it my dude.

#1469 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

This makes sense. As long as there's a combo champion I'm happy. Well who am I kidding, I'd be happy either way, this pin is so much fun.

And oh man can you jack up the combo if you're accurate. I mean, you could : right ramp > left ramp > inner loop (any amount of times) > garage ... (repeat)

#1470 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Not so much, yet. All 9 shots seem a bit touch and go. I imagine the game can be dialed in via what Spooky and Hilton hsve suggested, but natively things are all a bit challenging.

Shots feel good when made, but no shots feel entirely a "given".

#1471 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Shots feel good when made, but no shots feel entirely a "given".

The one Scott mentioned being a given was the "Newb" target. Purposefully put in the sweet spot for that upper flipper. And I am assumng, purposefully underscored.

#1472 4 years ago

Since you cant read the text on the shot from the players position I thought this might help indicate it's the Noob Noob shot.

It's a funko key ring that I painted his eyes the proper white and added the squggily pupils. He's held in place by a wire running under the ramp protector screw to a hole in his head.

https://www.amazon.com/Funko-POP-Keychain-Rick-Morty/dp/B07J6SN2WC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

20200309_204438 (resized).jpg20200309_204438 (resized).jpg81skA25SNPL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg81skA25SNPL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#1473 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

The one Scott mentioned being a given was the "Newb" target. Purposefully put in the sweet spot for that upper flipper. And I am assumng, purposefully underscored.

I think really the most accessible shots are the scoop and the horseshoe. Those are all somewhat 50/50. I felt the other shots, shooting and aiming wise, felt like 30/100 shots, as in not guaranteed when aiming for.

#1474 4 years ago

Spooky apron cards came in the mail today. Look great!

rps20200309_225002 (resized).jpgrps20200309_225002 (resized).jpg
#1475 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think really the most accessible shots are the scoop and the horseshoe. Those are all somewhat 50/50. I felt the other shots, shooting and aiming wise, felt like 30/100 shots, as in not guaranteed when aiming for.

Wait? Are you saying you can only hit the scoop and horseshoe 50% of the time?

If so, sorry to tell you that the game is not your problem.

#1476 4 years ago

Hey @whysnow...I’m getting a lot of rattlers when shooting the spinner shot. When I hit it, it’s smooth as butter, but other times it’s a butt puckerer. It’s not the spinner...happens before it. Is there an adjustment, or “just play better”.

#1477 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Hey whysnow...I’m getting a lot of rattlers when shooting the spinner shot. When I hit it, it’s smooth as butter, but other times it’s a butt puckered. It’s not the spinner...happens before it. Is there an adjustment, or “just play better”.

Whysnow suggested this:

Quoted from Whysnow:

-Ensure the inner spinner orbit guide rails have a little curvature (not a flat spot at entry) that extends the length of the entry for the shot. This will make this shot easier for noobs/complainers as increased curve will change that later movement into vertical and push the ball through the inner orbit. Go ahead and balance and juice your spinner if you think it is slowing your ball. On my route game, the shot is correctly balance and when you hit it clean, then it will come around so quick you have likely missed it. When you hit is somewhat sloppy, it will still make it around. When you bonk it, then you suck and it is not the game.
Another good indicator you have this shot tuned is a right orbit with diverter to spinner should hit the tip of the UR flipper.

The guide near the spinner is adjustable. If you remove the noob noob target plastic you can acess the screw under it that holds the slotted rail mounting tab. Loosen that screw and you can move the guide.

Spooky also posted a video showing how the spinner position could be adjusted as well.

I'm still struggling with the garage shot from the upper flipper. Other than the upper flipper position, I'm not sure if there is anything else to adjust to make that shot easier to hit. I'm just an average player so I might just need to get better.

#1478 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm still struggling with the garage shot from the upper flipper. Other than the upper flipper position, I'm not sure if there is anything else to adjust to make that shot easier to hit. I'm just an average player so I might just need to get better.

It sounds dumb but when I went to shoot the garage from the upper flipper It seemed that my timing was off on the shot. I normally keep my fingers on the flipper buttons, but when I go for that shot I hover over the flipper button by about 2 inches and it change my shot timing and made the shot easier to hit for me.

#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Oh, I definitely suck, but the adjustments that you made hadn't been initiated.

I also had a ball get stuck on the scoop.

20200309_162058 (resized).jpg20200309_162058 (resized).jpg20200309_160458 (resized).jpg20200309_160458 (resized).jpg
#1480 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Are you saying you can only hit the scoop and horseshoe 50% of the time? If so, sorry to tell you that the game is not your problem.

rather than make light of the fact that not everyone is as good a player as yourself, how about posting some relevant information that may indicate how the game plays for casual players. your route game has 1,000 plays and climbing, what is the average game time.?

#1481 4 years ago

I am a pretty casual player TBT.

Based on stats, games are now close to 3 min (like the majority of games).

Some people are having super long games also. This game is alot like other modern games where you hit levels and then your play levels up.

Once people get the hang of the game, they are getting through 2 modes and a multiball on most games played.
Good games will be 4 modes and a dimension or 2 and maybe a 2nd multiball.
Great games are almost a card completed for adventures, some of the special modes, and multiple multiballs.

Honestly the horseshoe shot is wide open. If you are getting bounces then it is because you are hittin posts and the silicone posts are bouncy. Maybe change them to cliffy sleeves or the hard plastic style to help you out. Honestly, my advice if that is a tough shot is to just play a few more games in a row and work on it. Those shots are both easily fore and back handable.

For scoop, if you are getting rejects, then adjust your scoop hood either up or down slightly. A small fine tune to a scoop can turn it from reject city to directing the ball in.

For the ball hang up on edge of the center scoop, just nudge it up and it will come off easily. For the owner, you could file the front edge if you want, or drop the scoop just slightly, but that metal edge it to protect the hole. Honestly a non-issue as a small nudge will free it if it does get stuck there.

#1482 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Spooky apron cards came in the mail today. Look great![quoted image]

ICYMI, Post #1474 has a picture of the Apron cards... peep the instructions on the left and look through it. It's a bit funny, but I'd like to highlight that we are getting a MEESEEKS MANIA MULTIBALL. I hope THIS is relative to the episode where they grow increasingly infuriated with Jerry and his awful golf skills lol.

Excited to see what that will be all about

#1483 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Since you cant read the text on the shot from the players position I thought this might help indicate it's the Noob Noob shot.
It's a funko key ring that I painted his eyes the proper white and added the squggily pupils. He's held in place by a wire running under the ramp protector screw to a hole in his head.
amazon.com link »[quoted image][quoted image]

Too funny.
I am in the process of building the same thing, including whiting the eyes to "de-Funko" it.

#1484 4 years ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

ICYMI, Post #1474 has a picture of the Apron cards... peep the instructions on the left and look through it. It's a bit funny, but I'd like to highlight that we are getting a MEESEEKS MANIA MULTIBALL. I hope THIS is relative to the episode where they grow increasingly infuriated with Jerry and his awful golf skills lol.
Excited to see what that will be all about

Add-a-ball is one of my fav things so hopefully this will come with a long and ample stretch of time to keep pumping them out.

Would also be cool to see the good 'ole white knuckle RESTART multiball timer ticking down on one of the multiballs. You don't see this that often anymore and it's always satisfying to manage to fire it up again at the last second.

-message to EP- Don't forget to add the WMS style "grace period" to these events that we have come to know and love
"JUST managed a last minute jackpot!"

Great job BTW!

#1485 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh, I definitely suck, but the adjustments that you made hadn't been initiated.
I also had a ball get stuck on the scoop.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow who's game is that they havent even removed the shipping protector from under the ship

#1486 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Wow who's game is that they havent even removed the shipping protector from under the ship

I'm thinking the first 100 games played, it was still boxed.

#1487 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm thinking the first 100 games played, it was still boxed.

Maybe they only got it half unboxed and couldn't wait any longer to play.

#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Add-a-ball is one of my fav things so hopefully this will come with a long and ample stretch of time to keep pumping them out.
Would also be cool to see the good 'ole white knuckle RESTART multiball timer ticking down on one of the multiballs. You don't see this that often anymore and it's always satisfying to manage to fire it up again at the last second.
-message to EP- Don't forget to add the WMS style "grace period" to these events that we have come to know and love
"JUST managed a last minute jackpot!"
Great job BTW!

Thinking of making duplicate accounts just so I can thumbs up this more , but please yes! I love the chase of going after jackpots, while keeping attention on Add-a-ball!

#1489 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Thinking of making duplicate accounts just so I can thumbs up this more , but please yes

You may get moderated just for thinking that. Lol

#1490 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

amazon.com link »[quoted image][quoted image]

Looky looky what arrived in my mailbox today! Lol

Great minds think alike

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1491 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

You may get moderated just for thinking that. Lol

Well it was just a joke to stress my enthusiasm for the suggestion.

#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There were definitely instances of rattling shots. Definitely with the scoop, and you mentioned possible fixes.

The spinner, again needing adjusted, would either clear resoundingly or hit the spinner and deflect back and trickle downwards.

But at the player level I'm at, yeah...maybe I'd aim for those shots, and him them half of the time. After that, the game was dictating how or if the shot went through.

Ultimately, whether I suck, the game sucks, etc. It doesn't matter. A game needs balance, and this game definitely has a few routine makeable shots, but easily half of the others seem pretty challenging. I always feel a game needs to be approachable for a player of any level, and a person unfamiliar with pinball would definitely be rejected pretty frequently.

Case in point, my first of about ten games, I scored 1.8 million. Felt pretty decent. Then I floundered for several games, and then my last game was 2.8 million.

I know when I played Wonka my first ten games, I wasn't nearly as consistent as I am now with those massive ramp entrances. My reflexes definitely became honed. But....with a game like JP2....I still can't dial in routine shots much at all.

#1493 4 years ago

Here are my impressions after playing this game for almost 2.5 hours straight.

The game feels great. Flippers have a very nice snap to them, PF looks like glass (very impressive) and it definitely comes across as Spooky's most refined game to date. Sub woofer on this thing really bounces and the art pops really well. Even the topper is a nice touch in person. Although I'm still not as crazy about the purple, overall nice package.

- Theme integration. Home f'ing Run Spooky. It's a so satisfying having well placed drops with the real voices and they sound like care was actually taken when recording them - like the person wanted to be there, the great visuals that tie in, the effects, sounds, and the music is so good. I was laughing even with the bleeped out cursing. Even in this early code, they nailed it and I can't wait for more. You just can't pinbrowser this type of thing and get the same impact (and this is from someone who has released mixes for GB, JP, etc). Great job.

- Toys: Bummer there isn't a real toy on it. The U loop really isn't that satisfying and although there is a lot going on, that would have really enhanced the experience.

- Layout: It took some time but I really started to get the feel of it. I'm not very good and was not even breaking a mill in the beginning and left with a high score of 4.7m. I can see this game still being fun for novices but it's def on the challenging side. Top right flipper has two of the trickiest shots in the game (although first try I successfully hit the left orbit off of it!).

Some key takeaways

1) Pop bumper is awesome. It didn't pop as much as I wanted it to but likely an adjustment.
2) Garage shot from Top Right Flipper - DEF findable. I was able to hit it with skill vs luck.
3) Left Orbit Spinner shot - I just don't know. When I hit it, the feeling was great but I couldn't "find" it like the garage shot. Once I did get it going though with one successful hit, I was able to loop. Jury is still out for me but I left with a positive impression b/c it was just so much fun when it worked. Reminded me of JP2 loop shot which is also very hard although I think this is even harder.
4) Left Ramp - a complete fake out. When I was first playing, it seemed to be a very hard shot as it's not lined up straight but once my brain realized nothing was really blocking it, I was able to hit pretty well. It's steep but totally a makeable shot.
5) Right Garage shot - very easy, will be go to for portal. The shot next to it on the left is rather tight but feels great and didn't feel cheap. Overall, the shot layout was satisfying.

Light Show - as crazy as this sounds, the light show during normal non MB or portal modes was rather tame/lacking. It wasn't bad but the light show REALLY kicks in during Portal modes or MB modes or even attract modes. I get that you want to keep it special but I would like to see more light show during normal play.

Code - early. Not STh early but early. What's there though is great. For one mode (where you're shooting red or green and you select the guys fate).....the next green or red shot after you're successful so come on MUCH earlier b/c you're left hanging on where to shoot next as the goal is to keep all red or all green for max points.

Random notes:

1) Tilt was insane - likely an adjustment thing
2) Music sometimes stopped for no reason
3) Need that game over music back! Evil morty
4) Garage/Portal return to the left flipper is FAST. Kind of like POTC JJP back to the left flipper from Scoop
5) Magnet button really didn't play a big role - barely worked. I liked having it and I get it - the magnet doesn't work to fully stop the ball like most others - but it just didn't feel like it had any impact at all.
6) UI really needs to be worked on to make things clearer
7) Ball hang up by middle scoop. I nudged forward which worked but tilt was so extreme I would full tilt which was a bummer.
8 ) Did I mention the music is awesome?
9) More portal variety. I'm sure this will come with updates but I felt like I saw the same two portals each time. One was a sound effect which was funny at first but not sure if that will become really annoying as an owner.

#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Here are my impressions after playing this game for almost 2.5 hours straight.
The game feels great. Flippers have a very nice snap to them, PF looks like glass (very impressive) and it definitely comes across as Spooky's most refined game to date. Sub woofer on this thing really bounces and the art pops really well. Even the topper is a nice touch in person. Although I'm still not as crazy about the purple, overall nice package.
- Theme integration. Home f'ing Run Spooky. It's a so satisfying having well placed drops with the real voices and they sound like care was actually taken when recording them - like the person wanted to be there, the great visuals that tie in, the effects, sounds, and the music is so good. I was laughing even with the bleeped out cursing. Even in this early code, they nailed it and I can't wait for more. You just can't pinbrowser this type of thing and get the same impact (and this is from someone who has released mixes for GB, JP, etc). Great job.
- Toys: Bummer there isn't a real toy on it. The U loop really isn't that satisfying and although there is a lot going on, that would have really enhanced the experience.
- Layout: It took some time but I really started to get the feel of it. I'm not very good and was not even breaking a mill in the beginning and left with a high score of 4.7m. I can see this game still being fun for novices but it's def on the challenging side. Top right flipper has two of the trickiest shots in the game (although first try I successfully hit the left orbit off of it!).
Some key takeaways
1) Pop bumper is awesome. It didn't pop as much as I wanted it to but likely an adjustment.
2) Garage shot from Top Right Flipper - DEF findable. I was able to hit it with skill vs luck.
3) Left Orbit Spinner shot - I just don't know. When I hit it, the feeling was great but I couldn't "find" it like the garage shot. Once I did get it going though with one successful hit, I was able to loop. Jury is still out for me but I left with a positive impression b/c it was just so much fun when it worked. Reminded me of JP2 loop shot which is also very hard although I think this is even harder.
4) Left Ramp - a complete fake out. When I was first playing, it seemed to be a very hard shot as it's not lined up straight but once my brain realized nothing was really blocking it, I was able to hit pretty well. It's steep but totally a makeable shot.
5) Right Garage shot - very easy, will be go to for portal. The shot next to it on the left is rather tight but feels great and didn't feel cheap. Overall, the shot layout was satisfying.
Light Show - as crazy as this sounds, the light show during normal non MB or portal modes was rather tame/lacking. It wasn't bad but the light show REALLY kicks in during Portal modes or MB modes or even attract modes. I get that you want to keep it special but I would like to see more light show during normal play.
Code - early. Not STh early but early. What's there though is great. For one mode (where you're shooting red or green and you select the guys fate).....the next green or red shot after you're successful so come on MUCH earlier b/c you're left hanging on where to shoot next as the goal is to keep all red or all green for max points.
Random notes:
1) Tilt was insane - likely an adjustment thing
2) Music sometimes stopped for no reason
3) Need that game over music back! Evil morty
4) Garage/Portal return to the left flipper is FAST. Kind of like POTC JJP back to the left flipper from Scoop
5) Magnet button really didn't play a big role - barely worked. I liked having it and I get it - the magnet doesn't work to fully stop the ball like most others - but it just didn't feel like it had any impact at all.
6) UI really needs to be worked on to make things clearer
7) Ball hang up by middle scoop. I nudged forward which worked but tilt was so extreme I would full tilt which was a bummer.
8 ) Did I mention the music is awesome?
9) More portal variety. I'm sure this will come with updates but I felt like I saw the same two portals each time. One was a sound effect which was funny at first but not sure if that will become really annoying as an owner.

Great honest review!
thanks.

#1495 4 years ago

Got to play #28 last night and what a blast!! 5 million plus on my first game, but could not beat that in the few games Played. Love how the left ramp makes your eyes think that it is not makeable. Was able to make the far left orbit , risk reward shot for sure. Multiball is great, reminded me of Dr. Who. Absolutely love the pop bumper sling!!! Really enjoyed it. Hope Spooky will continue to put different, odd, strange placements of items as that really makes a game experience fun !!!

#1496 4 years ago

Here's my impressions of the R&M Recbar unboxed at LAX this past weekend. Grain of salt: I'm a decent player who can sometimes hold his own at the A/B cutoff line when I bother to enter a tournament, but practice and consistency is not my forte especially of late. Game was freshly unboxed Thursday and quickly cordoned off to convert it to DBV for charity, and setup with as-shipped code. Code was updated to fresh drop on Saturday.

Thursday (setup day) I was a walking zombie but snuck in three quick free plays with another player. I somehow instantly found the spinner shot and it was great to hit and lightning fast. In fact, my biggest takeaway was that R&M plays MUCH faster than it looks - TNA fast, even. It's somehow faster than it looks on streams! This is weird because it has a longer field with more to do and more divergent paths than TNA, so you'd think it might be a touch slower, but it isn't. Which is AWESOME. I was able to make every shot including the upper-flipper-garage with ease when clean, but if I was off even a hair they "rattled" as someone put it... so this game is not forgiving. I was clearly not up to playing anything Thursday (I was sooo tiiired) but the guy I played with was a beast who put up 10M+ on two of the games, so I clearly witnessed the game is smooth and playable when you know what you're doing.

Saturday I was feeling much better and my wife, a friend, and I lined up for charity. We literally walked over fresh off a 20+ minute rookie game on JP2... and R&M handed us our collective asses in about 5 minutes. Fortunately I was able to achieve multiball and a dimension change, but drained right when Wilhelm kicked in ARRGH! Ended with 1.5M and felt satisfied as it was my first game while fully "conscious". I agree the horseshoe is backhand-able from the left, though I paid dearly for trying off the right. Ramps feel so smooth when hit; the garage kickback gives no warning so if you think you'll make it you better be ready!

The sound on this game is killer, and the callouts and integration are just perfect. A little more variety wouldn't hurt though... while waiting in line a lot of them start to feel maybe a little too familiar... but then the game itself is so fast you almost don't even notice while playing.

I should also mention: just before we got our turn Saturday, someone was streaming the Alabama State Champion having a go... he casually racked ~23M like it was no big deal. Bastid!

Sunday, my 15yo daughter (not a diehard player) had a go - her first game. She fought valiantly and lasted over 3 minutes... somehow never could hit the lock when she needed it, and then when she finally did she couldn't hit the scoop! So there is definitely a learning phase to finding the shots... but you can recover if you stay on your toes. Meanwhile she hit that "impossible" left ramp two if not three times in a row... would be nice to see other rewards for combos.

Final / Random thoughts:

- The game is fast and brutal; tough but fair.... and FUN. If you like TNA-style freneticism, this is your game. R&M humor might keep your frustration from building
- The lines were non-stop at LAX and even on Sunday the pf looked like it did on Thursday: glass smooth. Great job Spooky!
- DBV clearance is apparently an issue, as Recbar couldn't get any of theirs (and they have PLENTY) to fit. However, I'm sure it must be a "certain make/model requirement" given other locations having this out to earn. For the show they resorted to simply letting the bills dump into the cab
- Out of box the game had the "dual spotlight" multiball effect... by Saturday the "single spotlight" was installed... Single is better, BY FAR.
- "Full adult" mode is every bit hilariously salty as you can imagine. I don't know what "Family percentage" was set for the public show, but it seemed (I could be wrong) like there were fewer callouts overall. Most you could easily fill with your own imagination; the bleeps were funny
- speaking of sound: who needs a shaker? You won't if you have the volume set loud enough.... this one rattled the glass so much I thought it had spinning donks.
- Magna-Save? If you can see the future, maybe... time we realized "oh shit right outlane!" was already too late. I don't think I ever saw anyone successfully pull it off.
- The pop bumper is a better toy than the ship: just amazing placement and config.
- I obviously was not monitoring the game the whole time, but during the show I never witnessed any crashes, hangs, or stuck balls. Never heard complaints or rumors of such, never saw the playfleld raised... and I passed that machine seemingly every 10 minutes (the music is still stuck in my head). Great job (again) Spooky!
- One negative takeaway, maybe a fluke to this one game, but the BSE powdercoat did not feel pleasant or smooth to my hands. The lockdown felt rough and uncomfortable in spots and I swear I even felt a slight sliver-ish poke once. But that color sure is fantastic!

- As for comparison to JP2: So, it turns out JP2 (premium... the moving Trex is a MUST)... is easily my other favorite new game, and IMO they are quite a bit different. "Casuals" can walk up to JP2 and have a nice long game hitting shots, achieving modes and multiballs, seeing cool animations, and feeling accomplished. Neither I nor my two daughters had never played it before, and my other friend is not a player, yet we all had great rollicking times on JP2. Then we moved to R&M and had our asses thoroughly mashed. For myself, it's apparent that JP2 *does* have some challenging shots that are not easy... but it is also well balanced with some easy stuff that welcomes you and keeps you busy, too. So, JP2 is probably the better "all around fun for everyone" game... R&M is the punisher that demands your respect, and I can see how people might get frustrated once the novelty wears off. Watching people in line, very few got close to 1M their first go. Recbar told me that aside from that 23M pro fluke, better players were all in the 7-10M range. Some competitive players I know well gave it a shot and reported lower scores.

Since I'm a dark-humored masochist at heart, I welcome the challenge of R&M but my friends will probably hate me. Thankfully my wife is also more excited that I have one coming. Rest assured, R&M will make you a better player - you have no choice in the matter.

If you read this far, thanks for your patience. I tend to ramble at times but hope I stayed on point.

#1497 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

If you read this far, thanks for your patience. I tend to ramble at times but hope I stayed on point.

Excellent write up dude. I wish you would have kept rambling

#1498 4 years ago

Had a thought.

Biggest gripe for me, of legitimately few, is the shooter lane and skillshot could have easily been significantly neater.

Why on earth is this designed to PLOP on the playfield?

Just having it shoot straight, no incline, and soft plunge to where it does drop, or longer plunge to the left flipper, would have been better than what exists.

Ideally.....with the incline, and the fact that each shot is coming via the portal gun, there could have been three varied sizes of holes with portal graphics leading into a subway to shoot for just ahead of the end of the existing shooter lane wireform. Each one in turn would offer a different starting bonus or points, and then with that fantastic second trough, possibly could have shot out immediately into the left flipper lane, or maybe elsewhere depending on the portal.

This shooter lane aspect seems lackluster in design, in an otherwise really fast and frenetic higher skill level game.

#1499 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Had a thought.
Biggest gripe for me, of legitimately few, is the shooter lane and skillshot could have easily been significantly neater.
Why on earth is this designed to PLOP on the playfield?
Just having it shoot straight, no incline, and soft plunge to where it does drop, or longer plunge to the left flipper, would have been better than what exists.
Ideally.....with the incline, and the fact that each shot is coming via the portal gun, there could have been three varied sizes of holes with portal graphics leading into a subway to shoot for just ahead of the end of the existing shooter lane wireform. Each one in turn would offer a different starting bonus or points, and then with that fantastic second trough, possibly could have shot out immediately into the left flipper lane, or maybe elsewhere depending on the portal.
This shooter lane aspect seems lackluster in design, in an otherwise really fast and frenetic higher skill level game.

Well...I kind of thought the same thing...but then I realized MB does the same thing.

#1500 4 years ago

I had thought this as well. Why wouldn't the launch have been able to full plunge into portal. This would make the game capable of reloading its staged re-entry ball .... if nothing else it could make sense just for this, but would have wanted a regular plunger for the skill shots.

If that's all there is to pick on... well that's pretty damn good! ... and the way it turned out is fine anyway... means we won't be needing to clutch a plumbus to squanch the ball!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.