(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 404.
#7601 3 years ago

Newbie owner here, I wanted to set the machine to PLAY MUSIC during ATTRACT MODE to at least cover the sound of that very loud annoying fan (which I will be replacing with the "quiet" fan at some point, thank God!) but I've put the PLAY MUSIC ON ATTRACT MODE to "on" and it doesn't really work. It plays music for literally 5 seconds but then stops. What am I missing?

#7602 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Newbie owner here, I wanted to set the machine to PLAY MUSIC during ATTRACT MODE to at least cover the sound of that very loud annoying fan (which I will be replacing with the "quiet" fan at some point, thank God!) but I've put the PLAY MUSIC ON ATTRACT MODE to "on" and it doesn't really work. It plays music for literally 5 seconds but then stops. What am I missing?

Did you go to the settings and turn on attract mode videos? It will play a variety of things from ants in my eyes Johnson to Mexican armada alien invasion.

#7603 3 years ago
2D81462B-99C6-4BF8-BBA3-2BBC950DA8A1 (resized).jpeg2D81462B-99C6-4BF8-BBA3-2BBC950DA8A1 (resized).jpeg
#7604 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

My original plastic cracked also yesterday night.
Good thing, i have 2 replacement plastics from pinballlife in stock.
But for that issue, we need def a better solution.
[quoted image]

Unfortunately, mine WAS the pinball life version. I tried to stay ahead of the problem and installed it before the factory version broke. Apparently, the modifications made to the pinball life version do not make a difference.

#7605 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just an update on Spooky pin flipper coil temp testing with some temps and fade results. I only have a few more beta tests to finish and these will be ready to go. I had to make a custom bracket for Spooky pins since the Spike configuration wouldn't work, and that took extra testing to make sure it was effective. The cooling kit solves the Spooky pin fade problems in all cases.
(These are all at least 60 minutes of continuous play)
Moderate fade with temps in the low-mid 140s:
TNA, Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle
Severe fade with temps in the low-mid 150s (on the right flipper):
Rick and Morty
Still to be tested: Rob Zombie, America's Most Haunted

So I don’t know if this is the same issue some people are having with their right lower flipper or not but I’m sharing this fix I just did on mine because the scenario seemed similar.

So I’m on day 3 of owning RM and yesterday I started noticing the right lower flipper starting to act funny.

Not flipping sometimes, being weak (meaning ball was pushing the flipper back down) not being able to make the left ramp or shoot the ball more than halfway up the playfield and the flipper would also flutter.

So I checked the coil and it was fine, not binding and seemed ok. Then looked at the flipper button and noticed it wasn’t really making good contact because that long plastic bar that gets pressed by the actual button was just barely engaging the leaf switch contacts. So I tried adjusting those but still had issues.

After removing the switch and using what I had on hand here’s a few pictures of what I did to improve the button, lever and switch contact. I just cut some smaller zip ties up and put one small piece of duct tape around it to keep it where I needed better contact.

It’s working great now!

I know there’s a post about a disc or something that’s from the No Fear pin but I didn’t have that and so, like I said, I used what I had on hand.

Also I just want to say thanks to Chris at Kingpin games for helping me out with the issue. I texted him about it and he called me right away to help. Thanks Chris!

****If you make this same fix make sure the zip tie head is placed in line with the top of the closet leaf switch lever. Look closely at the pictures. The picture I took of the plastic lever out where you can see the zip ties and tape clearly is a picture I took of it before I placed in in the correct position.

***I added a pic of the zip tie size that I used 2 of.
24F67161-933E-46F4-8151-EA7BA373DEAE (resized).jpeg24F67161-933E-46F4-8151-EA7BA373DEAE (resized).jpeg3F900806-7923-46EC-B885-0ABCA96D9495 (resized).jpeg3F900806-7923-46EC-B885-0ABCA96D9495 (resized).jpegE401AB7E-9550-4A0D-BA06-22FC577505E6 (resized).jpegE401AB7E-9550-4A0D-BA06-22FC577505E6 (resized).jpegF3F8EBAA-1D94-4FB8-A17F-121421785564 (resized).jpegF3F8EBAA-1D94-4FB8-A17F-121421785564 (resized).jpeg
A91F0194-B72F-4AE8-B5D9-CBE4A9629799 (resized).jpegA91F0194-B72F-4AE8-B5D9-CBE4A9629799 (resized).jpeg

#7606 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

So I don’t know if this is the same issue some people are having with their right lower flipper or not but I’m sharing this fix I just did on mine because the scenario seemed similar.
So I’m on day 3 of owning RM and yesterday I started noticing the lower flipper starting to act funny.
Not flipping sometimes, being weak (meaning ball was pushing the flipper back down) not being able to make the left ramp or shoot the ball more than halfway up the playfield and the flipper would also flutter.
So I checked the coil and it was fine, not binding and seemed ok. Then looked at the flipper button and noticed it wasn’t really making good contact because that long plastic bar that gets pressed by the actual button was just barely engaging the leaf switch contacts. So I tried adjusting those but still had issues.
After removing the switch and using what I had on hand here’s a few pictures of what I did to improve the button, lever and switch contact. I just cut some smaller zip ties up and put one small piece of duct tape around it to keep it where I needed better contact.
It’s working great now!
I know there’s a post about a disc or something that’s from the No Fear pin but I didn’t have that and so, like I said, I used what I had on hand.
Also I just want to say thanks to Chris at Kingpin games for helping me out with the issue. I texted him about it and he called me right away to help. Thanks Chris!
****If you make this same fix make sure the zip tie head is placed in line with the top of the closet leaf switch lever. Look closely at the pictures. The picture I took of the plastic lever out where you can see the zip ties and tape clearly is a picture I took of it before I placed in in the correct position.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting this. I keyposted so people can find it if they run into this problem.

#7607 3 years ago

I'm starting to notice my upper right flipper not engaging when the button is pressed, making for some missed garage and spinner opportunities....aww geez, it seems to go limp.
Went through flipper tests, checked the button contacts, all seem ok. I hope it's not stage fright when I add the pressure to target a specific shot. Hopefully it was just tonight's performance anxiety.
That upper flipper is on wingman probation, I'll be keeping an eye on him.

#7608 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

Maybe the ship coil needs tweaked to be less powerful? I've got a lot of games on mine and have not had any problems yet, but I did buy a backup plastic just in case.

Indeed, can't it be adjusted down in power?

Another place I see there could be a variable that impacts this, the two nyloc fixings farthest from the ship... if these are left without tension (or loose) so that only the locknut holds them in place, I think that could well be spreading the flex enough then to prevent the rapid breakage, The flexing will be less concentrated and spread over more areas of the plastic since that mounting point can now change angle and move a little, rather than being held so rigid and forcing the flex to concentrate along that one line.

This is a factor that could be quite variable at the factory. First thing I will be doing is making sure those two bolts have some slack.

#7609 3 years ago

So I’m on day 3 of owning RM and yesterday I started noticing the lower flipper starting to act funny.
It’s working great now!
***I added a pic of the zip tie size that I used 2 of.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now we can see how backwards staging is possible only from adjustment, and without swapped wires

Normally that first switch blade would be longer, meaning it Must close before the second switch can be pushed closed. Not sure why such an unusual reach-over (and short blade?) setup has been used. I suppose there must be some good reason.

#7610 3 years ago

Tonight I was playing and while holding the right flippers, the lower right coil made a really loud humming noise compared to holding the left flipper where the humming sound was much lower. Both flippers are on medium hold strength however +5 in power each from factory settings. Is it normal to hear a noticeable humming while holding a flipper?

#7611 3 years ago

Does anybody know where we go to get the service manual for Rick and Morty?

Like this one for TNA...
https://www.ipdb.org/files/6444/2017_Total_Nuclear_Annihilation_Service_Manual_dated_4_17_2019.pdf

#7612 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Tonight I was playing and while holding the right flippers, the lower right coil made a really loud humming noise compared to holding the left flipper where the humming sound was much lower. Both flippers are on medium hold strength however +5 in power each from factory settings. Is it normal to hear a noticeable humming while holding a flipper?

Vibration, buzzing, etc. Whitestar Sterns were really bad for this. It still can happen. Tighten stuff up or if that doesn't stop it, add rubber dampening rings if it bothers you.

#7613 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Is it normal to hear a noticeable humming while holding a flipper?

Yes, play any recent Stern.

Try adjusting the coil stop. Generally the buzzing is the plunger oscillating against a worn or misaligned coil stop.

rd

#7614 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Now we can see how backwards staging is possible only from adjustment, and without swapped wires
Normally that first switch blade would be longer, meaning it Must close before the second switch can be pushed closed. Not sure why such an unusual reach-over (and short blade?) setup has been used. I suppose there must be some good reason.

The flipper leaf switches sit lower due to the plunger coil mech.

There’s just not enough room for normal placement so they were forced to lower it and use the plastic lever to extend and continue the reach of the strike on the flipper button. Unfortunately, that plastic lever doesn’t do a great job of making contact on both switches/contacts.

IMO....It’s too flexible and when you press the flipper button it gets pushed way up at the top where the flipper button is but the contacts are much lower about halfway down that extended plastic lever. So a lot of the pressure that’s normally applied by the plunger of the button directly onto the switch contacts is lost/wasted at the top.

98E4E418-7965-49E3-8F78-607EBEC41DC1 (resized).jpeg98E4E418-7965-49E3-8F78-607EBEC41DC1 (resized).jpeg
#7615 3 years ago

Soooooo, there's new code yet?

#7616 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Soooooo, there's new code yet?

I keep waiting for a wizard mode to be created so I can finally set the punch card at 0 and play it for "real".

#7617 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I keep waiting for a wizard mode to be created so I can finally set the punch card at 0 and play it for "real".

What happens when you complete the punch card currently?

Today I am uploading the current code and getting the game dialed in some more. Due to the two hurricanes that hit my city and a move I’ve not put nearly enough time on the machine, that changes starting today.

#7618 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What happens when you complete the punch card currently?
Today I am uploading the current code and getting the game dialed in some more. Due to the two hurricanes that hit my city and a move I’ve not put nearly enough time on the machine, that changes starting today.

When you complete 9 adventures the 10th will light up and you get to choose and play a "Morty's Choice" adventure. The scoring will be multiplied by however many green stamps (successfully completed adventures) you have on the card. Got there last night and failed miserably

https://www.twitch.tv/izzypinball/clip/MoistSmokyCocoaCclamChamp

#7619 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Did you go to the settings and turn on attract mode videos? It will play a variety of things from ants in my eyes Johnson to Mexican armada alien invasion.

Yeah but they only play every 10 mins or so. I was looking for music to play throughout the attract mode, but it stops after 5 seconds. I guess it's another bug, not sure. I just wanna block the sound of the fan at this point.

#7620 3 years ago

Anyone have a similar issue to this? None of my other machines have this type of wear between the lockdown bar and side armor.

Thoughts?

IMG_20201114_154023 (resized).jpgIMG_20201114_154023 (resized).jpgIMG_20201114_154030 (resized).jpgIMG_20201114_154030 (resized).jpg
#7621 3 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Anyone have a similar issue to this? None of my other machines have this type of wear between the lockdown bar and side armor.
Thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

If the lockdown bar can wiggle up and down a little, it causes this. Seen it on a number of pins. Put a small bit of some mylar on the rail to stop it from getting worse.

#7622 3 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

All machines have the tendency to get this wear.
It depence of the surface and your gaming intensity how fast this wear can appear.
I always put 3 layer of mylar on the siderail.

#7623 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the lockdown bar can wiggle up and down a little, it causes this. Seen it on a number of pins. Put a small bit of some mylar on the rail to stop it from getting worse.

Sucks. Mylar placed - should be something everyone does when they get their pin.

#7624 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

It depence of the surface and your gaming intensity how fast this wear can appear.

You live and you learn. There should be a newbie NIB pinball owner thread to include all these tips - I think I am going to start one to help out others.

#7625 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

It also depends in the amount of play in the lockdown bar. They're not all the same.

#7626 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It also depends in the amount of play in the lockdown bar. They're not all the same.

Dumb noob question but how do you tighten a lock down bar ? are there adjustments ?

#7627 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Dumb noob question but how do you tighten a lock down bar ? are there adjustments ?

The ones you can tighten have two screws underneath on the machine when you lift off the lock down bar. RM does not.

#7628 3 years ago

I was speaking with another owner whom had seen his machine from the container, said on his game the playfield hangers came out of the lockdown receiver. Playfield dropped into the cabinet.

I assume the spring loaded clips allowed it to come out. Either it's not positive lock enough, or there were some extreme forces involved. Idk.

I get the reasons for the change, but still imho it was a mistake to move away from the positive lock receiver/lockbar setup. It allowed adjustment, provided more support for the bar (brass screw heads), and more secure.

#7630 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

There should be a brass screw in the middle of the receiver when you take the lockdown bar off. Turn that to tighten/loosen the bar. Doesn't apply to the newer Spike/Spike2 snap on lockdown bars.

#7631 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I was speaking with another owner whom had seen his machine from the container, said on his game the playfield hangers came out of the lockdown receiver. Playfield dropped into the cabinet.

Wow what a nightmare the entire consignment has been! Do you know if his was one that was stacked on its side on top?

#7632 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There should be a brass screw in the middle of the receiver when you take the lockdown bar off. Turn that to tighten/loosen the bar. Doesn't apply to the newer Spike/Spike2 snap on lockdown bars.

These are newer Stern style. No brass screws.

#7633 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Wow what a nightmare the entire consignment has been! Do you know if his was one that was stacked on its side on top?

I think it was a bottom one, correctly oriented, another game perched on top of it.

#7634 3 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:You live and you learn. There should be a newbie NIB pinball owner thread to include all these tips - I think I am going to start one to help out others.

You are right, but not only for NIB user.
Guess there will be something inside the web.

But there are always things you have to pay for, and the result is experience.
You def cannot read everything before it happens.

F.ex. my 2nd pin was a TAF, and i wanted to clean the apron a little bit.
Soft rag and water only, - bäm suddenly the motive came off. - Learned something again.

#7635 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah you are right, and stainless steel siderails are having less problems, plus you'll not see the traces so eye-catching.

I'll grab the moment to praise your fan again. Big thanks !
Please send the coil-cooling mod to Ministry of pinball as soon as possible when it is ready too.

#7637 3 years ago

They might look pretty nice on top of the back box with a pinball in its arms (instead of butter).

#7638 3 years ago

I kind of have a crush on ButterRobot 'Mom', now.

#7639 3 years ago

They might look pretty nice on top of the back box with a pinball in its arms (instead of butter).

Put a whitewater dome on the top and let it aimlessly wander around Lol... "Oh My God!" ...

#7640 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Yeah you are right, and stainless steel siderails are having less problems, plus you'll not see the traces so eye-catching.
I'll grab the moment to praise your fan again. Big thanks !
Please send the coil-cooling mod to Ministry of pinball as soon as possible when it is ready too.

Ministry has a pretty large order about to go out so they will have stock of a much wider array of Pinmonk stuff pretty soon.

#7641 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ministry has a pretty large order about to go out so they will have stock of a much wider array of Pinmonk stuff pretty soon.

Great news, - perfect!

#7642 3 years ago

Flipper knockdown: I've adjusted EOS following the various instructions in this thread, but I still get some left flipper knockdown off the pop bumper. Is this fixable through adjustments, or is it just how it's going to be with the pop bumper throwing down at the flipper so hard?

#7643 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Flipper knockdown: I've adjusted EOS following the various instructions in this thread, but I still get some left flipper knockdown off the pop bumper. Is this fixable through adjustments, or is it just how it's going to be with the pop bumper throwing down at the flipper so hard?

You can turn the hold power up in settings.

#7644 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You can turn the hold power up in settings.

Ah, I hadn't done that. Will give it a try. Thanks!

#7645 3 years ago

Thought I would update this thread with delivery info. Machine number 312 is now (rightfully) sitting home in Chicago. As the machine was very cold since it was stored in a trailer for delivery over the weekend, it will be resting and warming up before powering it on. Glad its home and looking forward to trying it out very soon.

IMG_0156.HEIC (resized).jpegIMG_0156.HEIC (resized).jpeg
#7646 3 years ago
Quoted from jayfrost:

Thought I would update this thread with delivery info. Machine number 312 is now (rightfully) sitting home in Chicago. As the machine was very cold since it was stored in a trailer for delivery over the weekend, it will be resting and warming up before powering it on. Glad its home and looking forward to trying it out very soon.
[quoted image]

As you'll have time, (and you may be already) go through EVERY connection on the pin, check the connectors for any glue blocking anything

#7647 3 years ago

Do games with the butter cabinet get shipped blanket wrapped?

#7648 3 years ago

Someone has posted a while back a link or pic to a leg bolt shim/spacer that slid over the leg bolt and protected the leg itself from the bolt gouging it...can you repost the link...can't seem to find it..Thanks

#7649 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Do games with the butter cabinet get shipped blanket wrapped?

Yes

#7650 3 years ago

I bought a machine without lighted speakers. Does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit them or install another kit?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Decorations
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Colts Neck, NJ
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/153 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.