Quoted from PinMonk:
Just an update on Spooky pin flipper coil temp testing with some temps and fade results. I only have a few more beta tests to finish and these will be ready to go. I had to make a custom bracket for Spooky pins since the Spike configuration wouldn't work, and that took extra testing to make sure it was effective. The cooling kit solves the Spooky pin fade problems in all cases.
(These are all at least 60 minutes of continuous play)
Moderate fade with temps in the low-mid 140s:
TNA, Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle
Severe fade with temps in the low-mid 150s (on the right flipper):
Rick and Morty
Still to be tested: Rob Zombie, America's Most Haunted
So I don’t know if this is the same issue some people are having with their right lower flipper or not but I’m sharing this fix I just did on mine because the scenario seemed similar.
So I’m on day 3 of owning RM and yesterday I started noticing the right lower flipper starting to act funny.
Not flipping sometimes, being weak (meaning ball was pushing the flipper back down) not being able to make the left ramp or shoot the ball more than halfway up the playfield and the flipper would also flutter.
So I checked the coil and it was fine, not binding and seemed ok. Then looked at the flipper button and noticed it wasn’t really making good contact because that long plastic bar that gets pressed by the actual button was just barely engaging the leaf switch contacts. So I tried adjusting those but still had issues.
After removing the switch and using what I had on hand here’s a few pictures of what I did to improve the button, lever and switch contact. I just cut some smaller zip ties up and put one small piece of duct tape around it to keep it where I needed better contact.
It’s working great now!
I know there’s a post about a disc or something that’s from the No Fear pin but I didn’t have that and so, like I said, I used what I had on hand.
Also I just want to say thanks to Chris at Kingpin games for helping me out with the issue. I texted him about it and he called me right away to help. Thanks Chris!
****If you make this same fix make sure the zip tie head is placed in line with the top of the closet leaf switch lever. Look closely at the pictures. The picture I took of the plastic lever out where you can see the zip ties and tape clearly is a picture I took of it before I placed in in the correct position.
***I added a pic of the zip tie size that I used 2 of.
24F67161-933E-46F4-8151-EA7BA373DEAE (resized).jpeg3F900806-7923-46EC-B885-0ABCA96D9495 (resized).jpegE401AB7E-9550-4A0D-BA06-22FC577505E6 (resized).jpegF3F8EBAA-1D94-4FB8-A17F-121421785564 (resized).jpeg