(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 404.
#9201 3 years ago

Trying to set this thread on fire, if you like what Eric has been doing with code on this game post a comment.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eric-priepke-is-awesome#post-6024866

#9202 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Everyone's definition of family friendly is different. If your wife would "lose her mind", then I wouldn't take the risk. Your brother is right...it's very adult. I haven't fiddled with family friendly mode on mine, but even if it's "ok", your kids will seek out the show after playing the game. And the show doesn't come with a "family friendly" mode That's what happened to me. Never watched the show before getting the game...bought it because my son (in college) loves the show and asked me to get one.

Thanks to everyone that answered my question. I did watch a Rick and Morty episode tonight and with the answers I received from all the good people here, it seems like I will have to wait on a Rick and Morty Pin until my kids are much, much older, 7 & 8 is just too young. The show is very funny and I'll have to make a point of watching it more, when the kids are asleep. Thanks again everyone.

#9203 3 years ago
Quoted from SgtStryker:

Thanks to everyone that answered my question. I did watch a Rick and Morty episode tonight and with the answers I received from all the good people here, it seems like I will have to wait on a Rick and Morty Pin until my kids are much, much older, 7 & 8 is just too young. The show is very funny and I'll have to make a point of watching it more, when the kids are asleep. Thanks again everyone.

There’s always the headphone Jack on the coin door.... it’s a great pin.

#9204 3 years ago

Lowered my bushings today bitches......(there’s a combination of words I never thought I’d use). Easy to do and makes a big difference. Highly recommended....or at least do it when Spooky make some new ones.

C51BCCE2-08F1-4C80-A940-7F8E4C0E6F18 (resized).jpegC51BCCE2-08F1-4C80-A940-7F8E4C0E6F18 (resized).jpeg
#9205 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lowered my bushings today bitches......(there’s a combination of words I never thought I’d use). Easy to do and makes a big difference. Highly recommended....or at least do it when Spooky make some new ones.
[quoted image]

Great job...perfect height! Not surprised it makes a big difference. How much did you lower the bushing...1/8"? I will do mine next week.

#9206 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Great job...perfect height! Not surprised it makes a big difference. How much did you lower the bushing...1/8"? I will do mine next week.

Yeh, about 3mm or 1/8”. Used my Dremel to cut and then sand smooth.

For what it’s worth, before I cut, I measured against the original Spooky ones against some old 90’s Bally/Williams ones and they were identical.

I actually cut the old BW ones and installed them, that way I had the Spookys as a backup in case something went wrong.

#9207 3 years ago

Tip : When lowering the flippers make sure you have plenty of gap between the playfield and the bottom of the flipper . I've had a few older B&W games with flipper drag and it's not pretty !

#9208 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Tip : When lowering the flippers make sure you have plenty of gap between the playfield and the bottom of the flipper . I've had a few older B&W games with flipper drag and it's not pretty !

you mean the top of the flipper bushing and the flipper bat itself...

#9209 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

you mean the top of the flipper bushing and the flipper bat itself...

No - there is a tool for that ! Pinball Life + PBL-300-0162-00 A wopping .59 cents . After you make the adjustment you can feel just a little up and down movement . If your flipper drags on the Playfield and wrecks the paint - its like someone poured acid in your eyes every time you look at your playfield !

#9210 3 years ago

Considering I ended up placing R&M in the entry to my home, I'm glad I added the butter. Haven't waxed it yet, but plan on doing it after the dust settles on dialing it in. Love the unique artwork on all sides.

IMG_2976 (resized).jpegIMG_2976 (resized).jpeg

#9211 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Considering I ended up placing R&M in the entry to my home, I'm glad I added the butter. Haven't waxed it yet, but plan on doing it after the dust settles on dialing it in. Love the unique artwork on all sides.
[quoted image]

Damm...I'm in for the butter...that does look amazing...

#9212 3 years ago

The naked basketball rim was driving me crazy. Couple pics of the fix.

IMG_3281 (resized).jpgIMG_3281 (resized).jpgIMG_3284 (resized).jpgIMG_3284 (resized).jpgIMG_3289 (resized).jpgIMG_3289 (resized).jpg
#9213 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Which figurines did you use?

#9214 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Which figurines did you use?

They are mini figures made by Jinx. They are sold in a "blind bag" format so you don't know which figure you are getting until you open the package. They are all from "Series 1" but I don't think a Series 2 was ever made. Besides Rick, Morty, and Summer, the spaceship in the garage is one of the figures offered as well.
If you look at post #8686 (right side of the playfield picture) you can see the remaining figures from the set... Tiny Rick, Sad Meeseeks, and Happy Meeseeks.

#9215 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Definitely adds some visual interest, but it should be smaller at the bottom than the top.

rickandmorty-garage-hoop (resized).jpgrickandmorty-garage-hoop (resized).jpg
#9216 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Looks great! I just ordered a set of those random selection figures off ebay, thanks for the tip.

#9217 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Looks great! I just ordered a set of those random selection figures off ebay, thanks for the tip.

Looks like only Funko's on eBay. You must have picked up the last set of Jinx!

#9218 3 years ago

Good news, everybody!

We figured out that if you break apart some old switch stacks, you have the perfect spacer, which won’t create binding under the playfield.

Literally remove only the 8 screws from each flipper plate foot, and slide one switch stack under each foot of the plate. Use the usual screws you’d find for this mech, and as it turns out there were shorties used on over half the plates from the factory. Probably for good reason originally, pre-footie.

No need to stress, just check the screw length compared with the plate and new footie plus the playfield. Also the flipper, with pressure on the tip, cannot touch the playfield.

Some photos... in whatever order Pinside decided I wanted them. Notice the left flipper after adding new switch stack footies, compared to the right sitting proud as was found stock.

Enjoy!

0EA72EC9-3505-4AD6-A220-C4EB1E5888A6 (resized).jpeg0EA72EC9-3505-4AD6-A220-C4EB1E5888A6 (resized).jpeg28FA7D20-F5BB-4265-A11A-386089953BE6 (resized).jpeg28FA7D20-F5BB-4265-A11A-386089953BE6 (resized).jpeg68DC6F40-5585-46AD-9BDF-B0BAE1EAA645 (resized).jpeg68DC6F40-5585-46AD-9BDF-B0BAE1EAA645 (resized).jpeg7B705D8A-C171-47DD-9AB1-902CA17093EC (resized).jpeg7B705D8A-C171-47DD-9AB1-902CA17093EC (resized).jpegEC996B1E-C799-4FA0-B240-929655D35C60 (resized).jpegEC996B1E-C799-4FA0-B240-929655D35C60 (resized).jpegF158F061-9322-409A-A5B7-9FFF8158D193 (resized).jpegF158F061-9322-409A-A5B7-9FFF8158D193 (resized).jpegF403F23C-3B37-497E-911C-8FC1E4F1DABA (resized).jpegF403F23C-3B37-497E-911C-8FC1E4F1DABA (resized).jpeg

#9219 3 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

Good news, everybody!
We figured out that if you break apart some old switch stacks, you have the perfect spacer, which won’t create binding under the playfield. Literally remove the 8 screws from each plate, and place one switch stack under each foot of the plate. Used the usual screws you’d find for this mech, and as it turns out there were shorties used on over half the plates a from the factory. Probably for good reason originally, pre-footie. No need to stress, just check the screw length compared with the plate and new footie plus the playfield.
Some photos... in whatever order Pinside decided I wanted them. Notice the left flipper after adding new switch stack footies, compared to the right sitting proud as was found stock.
Enjoy!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not advisable due to screw lengths going too long, and/or the original screws now not having good purchase.

Advised against this kind of thing, from @Thenotrashcougar.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/184#post-6023620

#9220 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely adds some visual interest, but it should be smaller at the bottom than the top.
[quoted image]

It is slightly smaller on the bottom. Hard to tell in the photos.

#9221 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Done well given how small the ring is!

#9222 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Done well given how small the ring is!

Thanks. I actually cut it from the mesh screen I removed from under the subwoofer.

#9223 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Not advisable due to screw lengths going too long, and/or the original screws now not having good purchase.
Advised against this kind of thing, from Thenotrashcougar.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/184#post-6023620

Not that I don’t read every post or understand your statement, just saying - same screw length as would normally be used, and check before you go to task.

Also, not suggested for a Noobnoob - and I know you ain’t a Noobnoob, @razorsedge.

#9224 3 years ago

We figured out that if you break apart some old switch stacks, you have the perfect spacer, which won’t create binding under the playfield.

Nice and simple solution t use until new bushings are available.

#9225 3 years ago

The picture that Pin Monk provided makes me want to paint the "box" of the backboard orange now. Lol

#9227 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Nice and simple solution to use until new bushings are available.

Worth noting what razorsedge said, referring to Mr. Danesi. If anyone does this and wants to revert to using the new bushing, sans-footie, check them screws or add new wall art.

#9228 3 years ago

ISO new R&M playfield.
j/k j/k j/k

nah they are just new alternate flipper line up holes

#9229 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

nah they are just new alternate flipper line up holes

Hahaha. Love it!

#9230 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Ah, I thought it was 3d printed. With fabric mesh, you'd have to get out your sewing kit to cinch up the bottom a bit to mimic an actual new basketball net shape.

#9231 3 years ago

Good news, everybody!
Literally remove only the 8 screws from each flipper plate foot, and slide one switch stack under each foot of the plate. Use the usual screws you’d find for this mech, and as it turns out there were shorties used on over half the plates a from the factory. Probably for good reason originally, pre-footie.
No need to stress, just check the screw length compared with the plate and new footie plus the playfield. Also the flipper, with pressure on the tip, cannot touch the playfield.
Enjoy!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty cool solution! (if you have switches lying around to dismantle...which I don't Definitely easier than disassembling the flippers, but I'm sticking with the Scott/Spooky approved solution of lowering the bushing.

Yeah, the different size screw dance must be a real PITA when populating these PF's. I noticed it when I lowered the scoop as well...was weirded out by the different sized screws (originally thought it was a mistake). Then realized the larger screws were used in places where pop-up dimples won't be seen. Ouch.

Would love to hear the folklore on why these really amazing PF's are ~1/8" thinner. Can't be $$, since Spooky goes all out on the BOM. Will be interesting to see if the next Spooky game goes back to standard size plywood. Really not a fan of the smaller screws for mounting the flippers! Much prefer 1/2" all around.

#9232 3 years ago

Pinsider jonesjb brought to our attention an issue with the tight orbit in R&M - as depicted in the video:

The problem appears to be the orbit lane is a bit too wide, thus sometimes not mechanically triggering the roll over switch....jonesjb asked if we could come up with something similar to what we did for Rob Zombie's upper playfield....and we did...

We got confirmation from our tester pinball_ric that all worked well.... you can see it installed on the playfield...and by itself.....

Please PM if interested in the newest MRS from M&M Creations for Rick & Morty!

Thanks,

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

20201220_180101 (resized).jpg20201220_180101 (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9233 3 years ago

Pm sent. Cool idea

#9234 3 years ago

What he said...

PM sent.

#9235 3 years ago

Mine doesn't do that...

Never seen it not register on my game after positioning the switch more apropriately ... did need to adjust the switch, but same with 2 dozen other switches in the game when I first got it.

Ball guides do seem to vary a fair bit across copies, as well. Ball guide in the images there has a odd profile with a sharp kink. On my game a ball can't escape there without triggering the switch.

Great bolt in solution for games with a problem though!!

#9236 3 years ago

I would have to be able to hit that shot before it could not register.

It's a tight one!

#9237 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Pinsider jonesjb brought to our attention an issue with the tight orbit in R&M - as depicted in the video:

The problem appears to be the orbit lane is a bit too wide, thus sometimes not mechanically triggering the roll over switch....jonesjb asked if we could come up with something similar to what we did for Rob Zombie's upper playfield....and we did...
We got confirmation from our tester pinball_ric that all worked well.... you can see it installed on the playfield...and by itself.....
Thanks,
Matt & Dan
M&M Creations[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool solution! Pm sent. I've noticed that mine has recently started missing that switch on occasion. This seems like a more permanent solution than having to periodically adjust that switch.

#9238 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Cool solution! Pm sent. I've noticed that mine has recently started missing that switch on occasion. This seems like a more permanent solution than having to periodically adjust that switch.

No periodically about it here though, once, done. Like any other rollover micro. It just was badly adjusted on instalation like many others.

I corrected the height, and also repositioned, then done the screws up firm in the appropriate position, it won't need re-adjusting again later

Just saying, or wondering even, after adjustment my game never misses this switch. That's all.

My ball guide isn't quite the same shape though I think, either.

#9239 3 years ago

So I came up with a cheep solution $22.00 for flipper coil fans. Got these off Amazon Portable Neck Fan, 2600mAh... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0893WDPS2

They are quite powerful holds a long charge and can be positioned in any direction. Mounted to service rail with tie strap and ran a usb charger from service outlet in game. Flipper stay cool no matter how long I play. Only issue is remember to turn them off when I’m done playing. Game is amazing just got love potion #9 and sucked at it. Now to get back on that horse. Happy flipping
Al

BCFE2CC4-81D1-46A1-9E14-CD52733092C6 (resized).jpegBCFE2CC4-81D1-46A1-9E14-CD52733092C6 (resized).jpeg1E33A6B2-1753-4606-8391-ECAFF678D473 (resized).jpeg1E33A6B2-1753-4606-8391-ECAFF678D473 (resized).jpegFF925EBD-115B-4786-B659-2C1926A09206 (resized).jpegFF925EBD-115B-4786-B659-2C1926A09206 (resized).jpeg

#9240 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Thanks,
Matt & Dan

Is it a proximity sensor?

#9241 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is it a proximity sensor?

Magnetic reed switch

#9242 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, I thought it was 3d printed. With fabric mesh, you'd have to get out your sewing kit to cinch of up the bottom a bit to mimic an actual new basketball net shape.

I'm good with it as is.

#9243 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I would have to be able to hit that shot before it could not register.
It's a tight one!

C'mon it's easy to hit. Just aim for the ramp or the orbit...

#9244 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Somebody’s been listening to some snake jazz.

hey man ur very brown.

All hail boognish

#9245 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Thanks,
Matt & Dan

great idea, my ball was actually banking off the roll over switch and causing it to bend to the right. First time adjusting and bending the wire and it sure was a pain, you really have to bend it perfectly or else the switch gets stuck down after a roll over. I finally got it right and ordered 2 more switches to just replace if the problem arises again.

I would love access to this product you made. PM me if its available please. Thanks

#9246 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I’ll give an explanation why I threw R&M into the fire for a glimpse of RAZA after the sale is done.

The sale is 98 % done so here is the detailled explanation.

It started herr:

Quoted from Makakka:

You can start every mode without finishing anything prior. That is the first code layer.

Then

Quoted from Makakka:

The game just got better with the latest code announcement. A huge step from no wizard mode to 1 wizard mode +option for more wizard mode...

That was almost 5 months ago. The newest code update includes Rick potion Nr.9. But Charlie said in the last podcast that AS already asked when the game is finished they were suprised the game was not finished ie they already got sick of approving content. So new adventures season for season is probably a myth at least I dont rely on that.

Talked to Müller from deeproot about code and was very satisfied. I want deep code. Actually RM is like TNA an arcade shooter. That is not for me. Kaneda also sold his RM bc of that. Also Im not super into the theme I find the intro music on every ball pretty annoying for example.

Im happy Im out of here. Enjoy.

#9247 3 years ago

Problem for you modders out there. The Jerry/Summer/Beth target are very close together and move. As you can see in the photo below, Summer is now in front of Jerry (and overlapping). If you hit Summer, Jerry also gets pushed (and might trigger). A mod (or suggestion) to keep these targets aligned would be great!

IMG_2920 (resized).jpegIMG_2920 (resized).jpeg
#9248 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

AS already asked when the game is finished they were suprised the game was not finished ie they already got sick of approving content

Jeez, the horror of being an AS executive, approving content and such. Glad I don't have that job!

#9249 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Problem for you modders out there. The Jerry/Summer/Beth target are very close together and move. As you can see in the photo below, Summer is now in front of Jerry (and overlapping). If you hit Summer, Jerry also gets pushed (and might trigger). A mod (or suggestion) to keep these targets aligned would be great!
[quoted image]

I know there are 3D printer switch alignment things for single switches. I wonder if a triple can be made easily

#9250 3 years ago

Spent a few hours fine tuning a some issues on my RnM yesterday and just thought I’d summarize them here. There’s a heap of fixes listed in the key posts, but mine is a relatively recent build (August I think) so some of the early issues mentioned in this thread have been fixed already. I haven’t got any issues with the upper left loop or inner right loop or divertor which obviously need fixing on some games and are detailed in this thread.

All these fixes made a huge difference to playability and first game after I more than doubled my high score.

- move the ball guide that sits above above the rhs top flipper so that it sits flush to the flipper.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/46#post-5613100

- remove screws and re shape lhs lower garage loop

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/37#post-5552517

- re-gap all the switch targets - mine were too far apart.

- Fine tuned flipper switches, eos switches and sling/pop switches.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/77#post-5706913

- lowered / ground down the bottom flipper bushings approx. 3mm / 1/8”

- fixed glass rattle with zip tie under glass channel.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/71#post-5698660

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
8,800 (OBO)
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.