(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 404.
#6751 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wish the decals weren't placed so close to the leg protectors or the leg protectors were more well judged in the first place rather than all these home remedies.

I think one of the problems is that the metal protectors are too thin.

They fit good over-all, but could be much thicker and still look good.

I have installed many sets with no problems.

But im using my stash of new williams legs from 20 years ago.

The new legs you can buy appear to be slightly thinner material.

They also appear to be formed at less than or about 90 degrees.

My old legs are formed at about 100 degrees, slightly beyond 90 degrees square.

#6752 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think one of rhe problems is that the metal protectors are too thin.
The fit good over-all, but could be much thicker and still look good.
I have installed many sets with no problems.
But im using my stash of new williams legs from 20 years ago.
The new legs you can buy appear to be slightly thinner material.
They also appear to be formed at less than or about 90 degrees.
My old legs are formed at about 100 degrees, slightly beyond 90 degrees square.

Agree, it does look like there is a pinch in there that goes less than 90 degrees.

#6753 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is there any reason not to put the hold strength to high?

It does seem counter intuitive to not set hold strength to high, but, after watching Karl's stream and seeing how easily he makes the left ramp and having a conversation with him about it I set mine to medium on his recommendation. The reason being keeping the coil temperature down keeps it's power up. Worked for me, I can definitely make more left ramps with hold strength set to medium.

#6754 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Holy crap, getting R&M next week, what should I do to protect the decal from the legs??

Quoted from BoJo:

double up with 2 sets of metal protectors

#6755 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

It does seem counter intuitive to not set hold strength to high, but, after watching Karl's stream and seeing how easily he makes the left ramp and having a conversation with him about it I set mine to medium on his recommendation. The reason being keeping the coil temperature down keeps it's power up. Worked for me, I can definitely make more left ramps with hold strength set to medium.

Spooky flipper coil cooling kits are getting close to being done. As with the spike kit, they seem to solve coil fade completely, holding coil temps under 110F regardless of how hard you play, whereas without cooling they are 140F and up. I had to re-design them for Spooky machines (edited to clarify - this is not an official Spooky product!) due to the flipper placements, and it took a little more hardware, but the result is cooling roughly similar to the spike kit.

#6757 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCliftron:

I just ran into another game where I hit this shot twice and the megaseed on it didn't collect. I did see the loop light get triggered, so I grabbed the audit logs off the game and will send those along to epthegeek.

I adjusted the switch to be more sensitive, which helped but I was still getting unregistered shots. So I bent the end bit of the guide towards the switch and that has fixed it.

20201019_215806 (resized).jpg20201019_215806 (resized).jpg
#6758 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

so .... another years wait for game 530?
Not sure anymore if I can wait that long

We were shut down for 3 months... We increased to 15-16 games a week to make up for that. So no not another year.

We have been using the exact same decals, the exact same leg protectors, and the same legs for the last 2000 games.
I am currently looking into what caused the sudden issue as I cannot recall 1 single report of this on any of our other games. I am thinking possible defect in the legs but I am not sure.

#6759 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We were shut down for 3 months... We increased to 15-16 games a week to make up for that. So no not another year.
We have been using the exact same decals, the exact same leg protectors, and the same legs for the last 2000 games.
I am currently looking into what caused the sudden issue as I cannot recall 1 single report of this on any of our other games. I am thinking possible defect in the legs but I am not sure.

50/60% increase in production!
That is awesome!

Keep cranking them out Spooky!

Thanks!

#6760 3 years ago

#381 is now going to Reply Museum in Tarpon Springs FL instead of our home.

#6761 3 years ago

Just throwing this out there, but would the legs/decal issue have anything to do with the holes themselves rather than the legs? If it was the legs, wouldn't they be pushing the decals on the front as well, rather than just the sides? I checked mine and all 4 are on the sides rather than the front. If you rotated the legs would they then push on the front/back decals or still on the sides? Has anybody seen the decal issue on the front decal?

#6762 3 years ago

All Current stock legs seem to allow for plenty of room! Looking into the possibility of just a few oddities or a box of lemons!

In the meantime guys I recommend using extra after market protectors just to be safe.
Also keep those leg bolts tight!

We are increasing the thickness of our metal protectors to allow more room also! Always lots of solutions in the works!

#6763 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

All Current stock legs seem to allow for plenty of room! Looking into the possibility of just a few oddities or a box of lemons!
In the meantime guys I recommend using extra after market protectors just to be safe.
We are increasing the thickness of our metal protectors to allow more room also! Always lots of solutions in the works!

Thank!

#6764 3 years ago

Playfully bitter that I'm one of the builds over 700, but excited that I get all these slight improvements =)

#6765 3 years ago

@spookyluke
Thank you guys for always doing your best for a great product and customer support is amazing!

#319 is getting closer and closer! time to start season 1 again for a marathon

#6766 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Just throwing this out there, but would the legs/decal issue have anything to do with the holes themselves rather than the legs? If it was the legs, wouldn't they be pushing the decals on the front as well, rather than just the sides? I checked mine and all 4 are on the sides rather than the front. If you rotated the legs would they then push on the front/back decals or still on the sides? Has anybody seen the decal issue on the front decal?

Its a 90 degree rectangle box. If the legs are slightly over formed to 85 degrees (ish) it will pinch the art the same on all legs. I just add felt pad to back for additional shimming and all good. Sounds like Spooky already addressed the issue.

#6767 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This is why I love Spooky. They don't shy away from issues that come up like every other manufacturer has done time and time again. I can't say enough how awesome of a company Spooky is. I have TNA, ACNC, and R&M in the line right now, and it's so clear how much Spooky is improving in such a short span of time. I'm a Spooky fan for life.

#6768 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Scratch all that,
The light driver board, in the center of playfield, above the opto board is wonky.
We got it to light, by pressing on the power connector but it wont stay on, or sych colors.
And of course there are a zillion wires in the way. Shit.
[quoted image]

you might try to remove all of the hot glue from the connectors and then reseat them. I had that issue with the upper 2-digit segments because the hot glue was actually under the connector instead of holding it in place. this was causing the connector to not seat properly and only work intermittently until I removed the hot glue.

#6769 3 years ago

Cheers!
Is there any more photos and details to be seen regarding the addon options?

Whats the inner art decal like? And target decals erc? Having difficulty finding concrete info besides the price

Morten

#6770 3 years ago

Thanks JM, I will try this. Its definitely an intermittent connection,

To much hot glue makes sense, its everywhere.
I got the board to light up and the string of
lights, by pressing on the power wire. Then goes off with no pressure applied.

The big problem is the board is in the center of the playfield, and every wireloom in the game is in the way.

I'm gonna fix it!!!

#6771 3 years ago

Replying to GROO.

My tear is in the front right face of the cab, all other corners are just pinched/creased.

#6772 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Cheers!
Is there any more photos and details to be seen regarding the addon options?
Whats the inner art decal like? And target decals erc? Having difficulty finding concrete info besides the price
Morten

Consider simply looking at the “image gallery” at the top of this thread. Pictures of everything you’ve requested can be seen there Multiple times.

#6773 3 years ago

Which post sleeves are people using for Titans? The standards or 'Stern slim tapered'

#6774 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Which post sleeves are people using for Titans? The standards or 'Stern slim tapered'

I threw the slims on.
They are the closest to what was already installed.
Unless you want tighter shots of course.

#6775 3 years ago

About to get my game tomorrow. epthegeek how can I get the beta builds so that I can help you bugfix?

#6776 3 years ago

I've just noticed the 2 flashers in the topper light dimly whenever the shaker motor operates? anyone else noticed this or can test their machine? Easy to test in coil test, just pulse the shaker and look up . Not a huge problem, obviously, unless it's indicating a possible fault with my machine.

#6777 3 years ago

Trying to compile a list of all the adventures.

Blood Dome
Total Rickall
Get Swifty
Whirl Dirly
Pirates of the Pancreas
Pickle Rick

What is the Roy life choices one called? Am I missing any others?

#6778 3 years ago

Roy a life well lived.

#6779 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

Trying to compile a list of all the adventures.
Blood Dome
Total Rickall
Get Swifty
Whirl Dirly
Pirates of the Pancreas
Pickle Rick
What is the Roy life choices one called? Am I missing any others?

They are all listed in here ;

http://tiltforums.com/t/rick-morty-rulesheet/6391

#6780 3 years ago

Here is the complete list. You forgot The Purge

Quoted from epthegeek:

More rules dumping ... Just basics, no fine scoring details or what not.
ADVENTURE: Roy - A Life Well Lived
- Roy is a 5 decision deep branching narrative, if you make it through all 5, Roy's life ends. If you drain early; well, that's a tragedy.
- Shots lit Green make 'positive' choices, shots lit Red make 'negative choices'
- Roy's age is shown on the digit display in front of the scoop.
- Positive choices advance the age a bit more than negative choices do, and there's a bonus for your age at the end.
- Consecutive similar decisions (positive/negative) are multiplied based on the string (2x, 3x, etc)
ADVENTURE: Total Rickall
- Rick, Morty (they're the drops/ship), Beth and Summer (targets) are lit to kill parasites.
- Each hit kills at least one parasite, some shots kill more
- Every time you make a shot, the parasite value goes up a bit, then slowly falls - so keep firing!
- Kill all the parasites to decontaminate the house and end the adventure.
ADVENTURE: Whirly Dirly
- Shoot the right orbit, inner loop, or ship u-turn (if open) to advance the ride toward the edge of the Immortality Field
- The right ramp lights for a kill shot hurry-up when you're near the edge
- If you make the kill, or the hurry up times out, you go back to looping
- You get 3 attempts at the kill shot before the ride ends, and you need to make 2 of them to take out both Risotto and his henchman.
ADVENTURE: Purge
- On the purge planet, the locals move left to right and are indicated by purple inserts.
- To start, you have to keep them from getting to Morty on the right orbit. You have to buy enough time for Rick to build the communicator.
- If a local makes it to where Morty is, the insert will flash red and you have a few seconds to save him.
- If Morty dies, the adventure is over.
- If you hold off the locals long enough, the Summer target will light to call her and have her send the armored suits.
- Once the suits are summoned you have to stay alive long enough to receive them. If you can do that; party time.
ADVENTURE: Pirates of the Pancreas
- Shoot the ramps to spell out Pirates of the Pancreas to get the ride turned on!
- Each shot to the ramps adds 3 seconds to the timer.
- If you take too long, Rick may have to come rescue you from inside Ruben.
ADVENTURE: Pickle Rick
- Phase 1: shoot the pop or sling to kill roaches to work towards the first evolution of Pickle Rick
- Phase 2: shoot the targets to kill rats with your upgraded pickle-self
- Phase 3: shoot the ramps and loops to take out the goons at the consulate (phase 3 is timed).
More adventures still to come!

Added 118 days ago: ADVENTURE: Get Schwifty
- You have to make shots while the song plays to impress the Cromulons and save earth.
- Each shot will move their sentiment toward the positive.
- If you hit nothing for a while, their opinion of your skills will start to sour.
- If things get really dire, all the shots will light and you can hit ANYTHING to get back on track.
- The shots are in groups: Loops, Targets, Ramps (The "Ship" shots vary their group based on current state) and will be lit purple.
- You get points every second you're in the "positive" and points for every made shot.
- If you get the meter to the top, points drastically increase.
- End the song in the positive for an additional "vote bonus"

Added 80 days ago: Adventure: Blood Dome
- Four shots on the right side are lit
- Each lit shot will only work 3 times max, then it will disappear.
- Each time you hit a new one of the 4 shots, the shot value increases by 50,000
- It takes 7 shots total to any of the 4 lit shots to light the scoop to complete the adventure.
- You have a max of 25 left flipper flips to finish the mode - get to zero and it will end early.
- If You complete the mode with left flips remaining, you get a bonus based on how many remain.

#6781 3 years ago

If anyone has been pondering our headphone kit checkout this video that MarkA made. Grab your headphones and take a listen!

Mark recorded the audio that was coming directly from the headphone jack. If you have your headphones on when you listen, it sounds just as it would if you were playing the machine. If you haven't received your machine yet, this is going to get you even more psyched (yes, I'm a product of the 80s ) to get your machine!

The sound is amazing! I enjoy using headphones even when no other machines are on. It feels more immersive! The sound is amazing too!

I'm playing R&M more than I do any of our other machines. I just love this game!!!!

Kit features: Machine mute, Master Audio Control, Headphone Volume Control, Sub Out (Subwoofer not included)

Cost is $180. If your coin door is purple we will gladly mount the kit on your plate at no extra charge.

Feel free to message me with any questions.

Thanks.

~Sandra

P.S. We also have something new in the works for R&M. We should be announcing it in the next week or so. It's in Beta test right now.

#6782 3 years ago

Not shitting on the product.
Does a product like this work in a pin easily?

2069337C-320E-49CD-870A-FBE294B70D20 (resized).png2069337C-320E-49CD-870A-FBE294B70D20 (resized).png
#6783 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Does a product like this work in a pin easily?[quoted image]

Good question!
Easily???, no (IMO). How many times does Bluetooth work flawlessly? I still can't get my Bose to hold a connection to my phone while I am on a call with my PC! Drives me crazy! Pinnovators chose to stick with a direct connection for now because you simply plug in your headphones and it just works.
Will BT get perfected on Pinball? Absolutely! But for now, our kit gives you everything you need at your fingertips. (mute choice, game level, headphone level).
The other issue is there may be a delay in the audio from the machine to your head (latency) I belive they have improved on that since I last checked.
I hope that answers your question.

Did you get a chance to listen to the audio in the video yet? It's amazing! Scott did a great job on the sound!!
Mark

#6784 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Does a product like this work in a pin easily?[quoted image]

I've got one in my car (older aux jack no Bluetooth) and in my 90's receiver in the garage so I can play music from my cell phone. That being said the car one went bad, lost stereo.
I replaced it and this one you can't wiggle it or it loses power. I bought a new one for my garage and it works great. You get what you pay for, try to find a brand name. Not something pumped out in mass from China with no quality control.

#6785 3 years ago
Quoted from MarkA:

Good question!
Easily???, no (IMO). How many times does Bluetooth work flawlessly? I still can't get my Bose to hold a connection to my phone while I am on a call with my PC! Drives me crazy! Pinnovators chose to stick with a direct connection for now because you simply plug in your headphones and it just works.
Will BT get perfected on Pinball? Absolutely! But for now, our kit gives you everything you need at your fingertips. (mute choice, game level, headphone level).
The other issue is there may be a delay in the audio from the machine to your head (latency) I belive they have improved on that since I last checked.
I hope that answers your question.
Did you get a chance to listen to the audio in the video yet? It's amazing! Scott did a great job on the sound!!
Mark

To quote "Chopper":

"It either Works, or it uses Bluetooth ... but it can't be fu@king both!"

#6786 3 years ago

Spent the day playing #262. So much fun! TheNoTrashCougar absolutely nailed the music.

#6787 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Spent the day playing #262. So much fun! thenotrashcougar absolutely nailed the music.

It is so much fun! My favorite part is when I get to Roy: A Life Well Lived and die. Some of the ways it says Roy does just cracks me up!

Agreed the music is great!

#6788 3 years ago

Got my #247 today. When I first turned it on, it kept going to the BIOS screen. Turns out the power cable (under playfield) connecting to the SSD drive was disconnected. Working great now. Now I just have to get some anti-rattle tape for the constant shaking glass from the subwoofer. So loud! Do you guys turn the music setting down to compensate? I futzed with the gain on the amp and it's loud even at the lowest setting.

#6789 3 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

Got my #247 today. When I first turned it on, it kept going to the BIOS screen. Turns out the power cable (under playfield) connecting to the SSD drive was disconnected. Working great now. Now I just have to get some anti-rattle tape for the constant shaking glass from the subwoofer. So loud! Do you guys turn the music setting down to compensate? I futzed with the gain on the amp and it's loud even at the lowest setting.

The amp knob closest to the coin door is the sub volume. Turn it barely above zero.

Same thing with the hard drive power cable disconnected under the playfield for 253. There was no strain relief for the cable and it was a simple Z connector. Room for improvement there.

#6790 3 years ago

“So class, this here is where the number 231 is less to but greater than numbers like 262, 247, and 253.”

E8EBC66C-73A7-4A4F-946F-4CCDC5E734CC (resized).jpegE8EBC66C-73A7-4A4F-946F-4CCDC5E734CC (resized).jpeg
#6791 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

“So class, this here is where the number 231 is less to but greater than numbers like 262, 247, and 253.”
[quoted image]

The Jerry Edition.

#6792 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:“So class, this here is where the number 231 is less to but greater than numbers like 262, 247, and 253.”
[quoted image]

If Spooky doesn’t make a “Jerry Edition” plaque for #231 and lovingly adhere to speaker panel and include at least 3 bags of cheese balls in the cab they can squanch themselves.

#6793 3 years ago

#234 was delivered yesterday. I'm starting to get it dialed in and it's playing really well, such a fun pin! Absolute first thing everyone needs to do is dial down the sub! Even so I've ordered anti-rattle tape. You may notice the special edition Jerry legs - I pulled them out of storage because the perty purple legs would have damaged the side-art. Waiting for Spooky to come up with a solution or maybe I'll just try felt protectors. Other than that, no real issues out of the box

20201020_233611 (resized).jpg20201020_233611 (resized).jpg
#6794 3 years ago

Been on the fence about showing this new mod I’ve been developing for awhile now (2 weeks) but I now feel like my prototype is ready to be seen. Custom Speaker Panel Jerry Edition badges for the 230’s! :
EB929ED8-FF41-4B2F-8AA2-FAF9106C5881 (resized).pngEB929ED8-FF41-4B2F-8AA2-FAF9106C5881 (resized).png

*Also in classic Red

#6795 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Been on the fence about showing this new mod I’ve been developing for awhile now (2 weeks) but I now feel like my prototype is ready to be seen. Custom Speaker Panel Jerry Edition badges for the 230’s! : [quoted image]

IN....I’m a YUGE fan of that classic Jerry look. So spot on for that extra Jerry sizzle!

I would so add that to the panel!

#6796 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

#234 was delivered yesterday. I'm starting to get it dialed in and it's playing really well, such a fun pin! Absolute first thing everyone needs to do is dial down the sub! Even so I've ordered anti-rattle tape. You may notice the special edition Jerry legs - I pulled them out of storage because the perty purple legs would have damaged the side-art. Waiting for Spooky to come up with a solution or maybe I'll just try felt protectors. Other than that, no real issues out of the box [quoted image]

What’s up with the black legs?
Why aren’t they Kalaxian purple?

Are all the 230’s Jerry editions?

#6797 3 years ago

There are consequences to all these Mortys that have Prestiged to receive their higher numbered games...especially “THOSE” times, you little junkies!

- DtF
(“Soon To Be” Proud owner of a Jerry Edition)

52A68F7D-1BDE-44C9-9F95-367D2C40F4F7 (resized).jpeg52A68F7D-1BDE-44C9-9F95-367D2C40F4F7 (resized).jpeg
#6798 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

There are consequences to all these Mortys that have Prestiged to receive their higher numbered games...especially “THOSE” times, you little junkies!
- DtF
(“Soon To Be” Proud owner of a Jerry Edition)[quoted image]

#6799 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

What’s up with the black legs?
Why aren’t they Kalaxian purple?
Are all the 230’s Jerry editions?

There have been some issues with the legs from spooky having a fighters angle than they are supposed to and as a result, digging into the machine a bit. For those without leg protectors on hand, best to use different legs for now. That's why the different legs here.

#6800 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCliftron:

There have been some issues with the legs from spooky having a fighters angle than they are supposed to and as a result, digging into the machine a bit. For those without leg protectors on hand, best to use different legs for now. That's why the different legs here.

I also tried using PinGuards, but as MikeS mentioned a few pages back, the purple legs just pressed into the plastic which pressed against the side-art. I'm sure if I had tightened down the bolts it would have started to press in and eventually cause damage. I see a couple solutions here, new legs which are stamped correctly, thicker metal protectors, or double-up on the current metal protectors. Metal washers might also work but that seems like a hack. I'm sure Spooky will come up with a fix.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sleepy Hollow, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/136 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.