(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 100.
#2751 1 year ago

Got the final payment email! Looking like late August.

#2752 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This has caused me to start checking my E-mail even more. I'm 399 and waiting patiently. Honest. I'm being patient.

#2753 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

What number are you?

Is Spooky on pace to finish UM/HLW in 2022 or not a chance?

#2754 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What number are you?

They stated they would finish both titles this fall.

#2755 1 year ago

Hey Spooky, the ISO update link on your site is for 1.0.7.

Can you get your shit together please and update things in a timely manner? This isn't complicated. Now I'm stuck sitting here when I have time on a weekend and I can't update my game because you half ass this stuff that really should take like two minutes to fix.

#2756 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Can you get your shit together please and update things in a timely manner? This isn't complicated. Now I'm stuck sitting here when I have time on a weekend and I can't update my game because you half ass this stuff that really should take like two minutes to fix.

just checked their site, its 1.08 ? https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#2757 1 year ago

The link to the docs is 1.0.7: http://www.spookypinball.com/UM/UM_restore_instructions_1_0_7.txt

Those of us on Mac can't use the pkg version, we need the ISO version.

#2758 1 year ago

After 4 weeks of use, the mystery scoop deflector on my Ultraman was bent backwards resulting in difficulty making shots to the scoop. I bent the deflector back to a 45 degree angle and the now the shot is much more reliable. I’ve seen a few posts about replacing the scoop to fix this issue. My question is, which replacement deflector is the most rugged and least likely to bend in the future. Bending the scoop back to 45 degrees every few weeks is not my preferred solution.

F802F576-1D80-4D44-A76E-7919BCAB0E51 (resized).jpegF802F576-1D80-4D44-A76E-7919BCAB0E51 (resized).jpeg
#2759 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What number are you?

420. I believe they will finish by this fall.

#2760 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

420. I believe they will finish by this fall.

Yea, they really started pumping these out. Spooky really has reached the next level of production. They are living the dream.

#2761 1 year ago

4 Weeks in the house and still loving it. Every day.

And I haven't even Updated to 1.08 yet.

Saw Zetton for the first time today. Super fun Mini-Wizard mode. Didn't get past the 4th lock, though.

Should get to updating this week. Nevertheless, having a ton of fun with it so far. If it improves from here, so much the better.

#2762 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's coming soon. We're working on another small update, which we want to packaged into the ISO.

#2763 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

4 Weeks in the house and still loving it. Every day.

Glad there are so many that are really loving this game!
I’m in the same boat, but picked mine up April 30th
Have played it nearly every day since, now going on 3 months
I “was” playing my Godzilla non-stop before I received UM, but have only played 2 games of GZ in that 3 month period
Keep coming back to UM

Link to my very early review, pics are a dear friend who helped me set it up
-
https://thepinballloft.com/2022/05/02/ultraman-66/

BTW, today is the exact day a year ago when Spooky gave me my assigned game number (#191)

D37A4C64-6FAF-40EB-96D4-C391C798C28E (resized).jpegD37A4C64-6FAF-40EB-96D4-C391C798C28E (resized).jpeg39CBBD3F-13BE-4B25-8E2A-60166B1EC4E2 (resized).jpeg39CBBD3F-13BE-4B25-8E2A-60166B1EC4E2 (resized).jpeg

#2764 1 year ago

New glass cover, came out ok but not the clearest image. Does the trick and keeps the glass clean. Like the fact the cast is in the photo.

D87531C7-3AE7-457F-899F-F7586A34F48E (resized).jpegD87531C7-3AE7-457F-899F-F7586A34F48E (resized).jpeg
#2765 1 year ago

Going to have to do some soldering tomorrow.

Can some one please post a pic of switch bank 7’s plug.

2C086D42-0018-49CB-86FE-5F1B52368340 (resized).jpeg2C086D42-0018-49CB-86FE-5F1B52368340 (resized).jpegA99075BB-53B0-4046-8CD4-816A295D38E9 (resized).jpegA99075BB-53B0-4046-8CD4-816A295D38E9 (resized).jpeg
#2766 1 year ago

{{{~ sigh ~}}}

And solenoid bank 2 - taking note of the stripe color on the orange wires.

TIA

Oh, and beware of the wiring crimps to the pins if you’re monkeying around with the board.

799FE436-A856-40E4-B6A5-94130E32FBBB (resized).jpeg799FE436-A856-40E4-B6A5-94130E32FBBB (resized).jpeg

#2767 1 year ago

Hard to get to...this work?

20220726_190810 (resized).jpg20220726_190810 (resized).jpg
#2768 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

[quoted image]

Thank you!!

#2769 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

{{{~ sigh ~}}}
TIA
Oh, and beware of the wiring crimps to the pins if you’re monkeying around with the board.
[quoted image]

Ugh, Everyone wanted maximum production speed well here's the sacrifice you get with poorer quality trying to rush them out the door.

#2770 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

[quoted image]

Thats not good.

#2771 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

{{{~ sigh ~}}}
TIA
[quoted image]

Ouch...

#2772 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ugh, Everyone wanted maximum production speed well here's the sacrifice you get with poorer quality trying to rush them out the door.

Yeah. I don't know if Spooky uses a crimping machine or hand crimps, but it seems to be an issue. Spooky, take your time, we will be fine.

#2773 1 year ago

Is there any more info from Spooky regarding if they are done with fix's and code?
Is this it??

#2774 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Yeah. I don't know if Spooky uses a crimping machine or hand crimps, but it seems to be an issue. Spooky, take your time, we will be fine.

Well everyone wants them to rush these games out the door, they want them to ramp up production and this is the end result.

To me some minor tweaks are expected, full on cabling/crimping is not IMO.

#2775 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Is there any more info from Spooky regarding if they are done with fix's and code?
Is this it??

Code is not done. They continue to work on it daily.

#2776 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Is this it??

Way more to come.

#2777 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Spooky introduced automated Molex crimping with HWN/UM… Photo is in their Facebook timeline:
Molex  (resized).jpegMolex (resized).jpeg

#2778 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Spooky introduced automated Molex crimping with HWN/UM… Photo is in their Facebook timeline:
[quoted image]

Perhaps it needs calibration. Loose crimps seem to be an issue.

#2779 1 year ago

Yesterday’s has Ultraman Science Patrol communicators back in stock. I have one, and it is fun and high quality. These had been out of stock for a long time.

https://www.yesterdays.com/collections/ultraman

Ultraman (resized).pngUltraman (resized).png
#2780 1 year ago

Small update for Ultraman:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kO_J6gmrRVolubsi6hwooa6y7CLuKhSu/view?fbclid=IwAR0vY-IBk3Uc4gN07HZePrZoAdNuiIDl9KSIcLlLC1LuUcOtQQZdjzt99sc

There is also a new ISO image on the Game Support page for those Mac users.

#2781 1 year ago

Not sure if anyone has posted a DIY IPS upgrade:

Parts ordered:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08WHG12V3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W5DTGKC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

3D printed brackets another Pinsider (sorry, couldn’t find the user name) posted on Thingverse (honestly, you could likely find a suitable bracket at any hardware store): https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5140450/files

Total cost ~$130
Total time ~20min

Parts:
38385197-E7C6-46A4-86E9-435EF72DCC56 (resized).jpeg38385197-E7C6-46A4-86E9-435EF72DCC56 (resized).jpeg

Connect cable, then stick the PCBs to the back of the monitor using self-stick PCB standoffs:
5A3BB02D-DD84-4438-A7C2-9469D457721C (resized).jpeg5A3BB02D-DD84-4438-A7C2-9469D457721C (resized).jpeg

To install, remove the lock, loosen the speakers (don’t need to remove, just run the nuts all the way to the end of the bolts), unplug the power and HDMI cable, remove monitor bolts, slide out existing monitor leaving the plexiglass behind. Slide in the new monitor and attach power and HDMI, then add brackets and reinstall monitor bolts, tighten speaker bolts, reinstall lock.

Before/after:
87A172CE-07D9-4CF9-981A-1EFB4C739CB4 (resized).jpeg87A172CE-07D9-4CF9-981A-1EFB4C739CB4 (resized).jpeg
399E5571-3612-4E27-A361-D134F998F825 (resized).jpeg399E5571-3612-4E27-A361-D134F998F825 (resized).jpeg

#2782 1 year ago

Updated!

Looks good so far.

"adjust difficulty related to Ultramans health decay" - Easy Medium Hard - yay!

UM V1.08a
UPDATE Right subway ball eject routines redone
UPDATE Jirahs mode ending didn’t force full game light update
UPDATE Jirahs mode game feature added to adjust difficulty related to Ultramans health decay
UPDATE Spacium store, extra ball was not awarding collection properly
UPDATE “Skillshot Clear” option renamed to “Timed Plunge”
UPDATE sling power was not applying the correct value at the right time
UPDATE menu/start button added into switch test
UPDATE outlane save store item feature changed a bit and also updates its lights properly
UPDATE wizard mode was not stopping any existing ballsave timers that were currently running
UPDATE Baltan mode progress saves up to the restart hurryup phase
UPDATE Baltan videos were blocked off on mb restart, but never restored properly on super jackpot collection
UPDATE If voice volume boost setting is 0, music ducking does not get used
UPDATE store/mode select music changes

#2783 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There is also a new ISO image on the Game Support page for those Mac users.

Where? I only see the .pkg download.

#2784 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Where? I only see the .pkg download.

There is a link within the Reimage / Mac instructions...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13xwQq4p78BHvLiZhU1hqa8Dg5W_G-nV4/view?usp=sharing

#2786 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Not sure if anyone has posted a DIY IPS upgrade:
Parts ordered:
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
3D printed brackets another Pinsider (sorry, couldn’t find the user name) posted on Thingverse (honestly, you could likely find a suitable bracket at any hardware store): https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5140450/files
Total cost ~$130
Total time ~20min
Parts:
[quoted image]
Connect cable, then stick the PCBs to the back of the monitor using self-stick PCB standoffs:
[quoted image]
To install, remove the lock, loosen the speakers (don’t need to remove, just run the nuts all the way to the end of the bolts), unplug the power and HDMI cable, remove monitor bolts, slide out existing monitor leaving the plexiglass behind. Slide in the new monitor and attach power and HDMI, then add brackets and reinstall monitor bolts, tighten speaker bolts, reinstall lock.
Before/after:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The after image looks brighter but the “free play” text looks harder to read.

#2787 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

The after image looks brighter but the “free play” text looks harder to read.

Just my crappy camera work, it looks better after

#2788 1 year ago

My ultra man plays great first few plays of the day however i noticed the screen gets glitchy and delayed along with the sound (the delay gets really bad like 5 seconds)as i play longer and longer. Power cycle doesn’t help. Is this a heat issue? Anyone have this problem and have a suggestion on how to fix it?

#2789 1 year ago

Alrighty, finally updated and played some games on 1.08a! Looking good, lots of good new stuff!

Here are some aesthetic things that jumped out at me that I think can definitely be addressed:

-In the new U.I., the "monitor" in the middle of the screen is 1 to 1, and the footage within it is now "squished" from 4:3...so everything looks skinny. I hope that this can be fixed. Either make the monitor frame 4:3 (just bring the top and bottom in a bit), or just crop the sides of the footage so the proportions of the footage stay correct. The full screen footage is cropped top & bottom to 16:9 rather than stretched (which is good!)...so hopefully that won't be a problem for the footage within the UI monitor.

-There are a lot of "glitchy" looking transitions. For example, sometimes when it goes from footage back to the dashboard UI, you'll see just the red numbers on their own for a split second before the rest of the screen pops on. Or you'll just see a white flash on the UI for seemingly no reason. Hopefully they can make these transitions & timing smoother.

-I think it's time to ditch the "two halves coming together/moving apart" thing during mode select/start. It looks choppy & is often glitchy. Sometimes less is more. IMO, just have that Kaiju select screen pop on when you hit the scoop. Pop off or flash transition it to the mode start footage. It'll be quicker & look better.

The only "gameplay" change I'd like to see is a ball save option for the drop-lock shot on the right. When you hit that shot and it goes STDM, it makes you not want to hit that shot. I think that shot deserves a quick ball save, if anything as an optional setting.

#2790 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-There are a lot of "glitchy" looking transitions. For example, sometimes when it goes from footage back to the dashboard UI, you'll see just the red numbers on their own for a split second before the rest of the screen pops on. Or you'll just see a white flash on the UI for seemingly no reason. Hopefully they can make these transitions & timing smoother.

I'm getting lots of video lag also in the Spacium store and when a Monster Battle starts. It's really bad.

#2791 1 year ago

Getting LOTS of hang-ups here requiring glass removal. Anyone else deal with this and have a fix? Didn't see it mentioned.
ball hang (resized).jpgball hang (resized).jpg

#2792 1 year ago

Try adjusting the spinner bracket back towards the red line in this photo. Pushing it back by hand squares it up to the shot and let's the spinner preform better. Do a little at a time and test it to your satisfaction. That worked for me and the hang ups where almost gone..

3971F38B-625E-4FA3-AA08-AE3055497A89 (resized).jpeg3971F38B-625E-4FA3-AA08-AE3055497A89 (resized).jpeg
#2793 1 year ago

I am not a tech guy, it seemed my game had more bugs after 1.08.
This update cleared up most (so far) of the games glitches.

That said I agree completely with,
There are a lot of "glitchy" looking transitions. For example, sometimes when it goes from footage back to the dashboard UI, you'll see just the red numbers on their own for a split second before the rest of the screen pops on. Or you'll just see a white flash on the UI for seemingly no reason. Hopefully they can make these transitions & timing smoother.

Thanks spooky and keep us posted.

#2794 1 year ago

Anyone have their Balton server motors twitch like crazy?

Sometimes my middle one will shake and shake like it’s having a seizure. Then finally it will stop until it’s called for it to move again. Anyone know how to fix this on the servo motors?

#2795 1 year ago

That servo is about to die. There is a Replacement in your coin box for when it stops completely. Some folks have been replacing their servos with a type that has metal gears instead of plastic and they are much more reliable (as well as affordable)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0874JS7BX

Very easy to install, plug and play.

Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone have their Balton server motors twitch like crazy?
Sometimes my middle one will shake and shake like it’s having a seizure. Then finally it will stop until it’s called for it to move again. Anyone know how to fix this on the servo motors?

#2796 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That servo is about to die. There is a Replacement in your coin box for when it stops completely. Some folks have been replacing their servos with a type that has metal gears instead of plastic and they are much more reliable (as well as affordable)
amazon.com link »

Can someone share the model servo they are using? Thanks!

#2797 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Can someone share the model servo they are using? Thanks!

He linked it right above your post

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0874JS7BX

#2798 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

amazon.com link »

Damn! This thing has like less then 20 plays that’s insane that it would wear out that fast.

Thanks so much for providing that info.

#2799 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

He linked it right above your post
amazon.com link »

Wow... oops.. thsnks!

#2800 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’ve had a weird bug my last two games. When I get the ball in the Danesi lock but then drain before releasing the Danesi lock ball, my game will not end and the ball search will not release the ball. The ball doesn’t even get released when you cycle the power, you have to pull the glass. Not sure if this is a software issue or hardware issue.

So, this issue persists for me. The drop target works fine, it does trigger both to go up and to go down…but if there is a ball locked in the Danesi lock and I drain, the drop target (though absolutely triggering) does not have the strength to pull down and release the ball…so it’s a glass remover every time if I don’t release the ball.

Any ideas on the issue or the fix? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you all in advance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.