(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 404.
#5201 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

I would like one of those please!

#5202 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I would like one of those please!

We should see shipment next week!

#5203 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

We should see shipment next week!

Awesome!!!

#5204 3 years ago

What’s the average wait between paying the invoice and shipping? Just asking because I paid for my game today!

#5205 3 years ago

It’s August and year end won’t be much longer. Sure this is a fan/game thread ... but what do you think of R&M’s chances to win TWIPY for best game ??? Most owners and players opinion ranges from pleased to over-the-moon. I’d handicap it at 75% right now, with new releases still to come.

#5206 3 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

What’s the average wait between paying the invoice and shipping? Just asking because I paid for my game today!

generally 2-3 weeks is what I have been told.

#5207 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It’s August and year end won’t be much longer. Sure this is a fan/game thread ... but what do you think of R&M’s chances to win TWIPY for best game ??? Most owners and players opinion ranges from pleased to over-the-moon. I’d handicap it at 75% right now, with new releases still to come.

What other serious contenders are there, the only one I could see being competition would be TMNT. I haven't played TMNT yet, so can't comment, but it also looks very fun. Although I really like the approachable, yet complex rules with adventures x dimensions x Meeseeks multipliers.

#5208 3 years ago

Odds are low imo. GNR will be out before year end, so that's the only remaining big wildcard I can think of. Given that there were not many titles released this year, it's basically between Turtles and R&M at this point. Then likely GNR. Given Spooky's small share of the market, I think it will be hard to get the votes for R&M over Turtles or GNR. Time will tell I guess. I guess I'm kind of leaving out Hot Wheels, which I haven't had a chance to play yet.

#5209 3 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

what number are you?

#5210 3 years ago

In a temporary spot until I can shuffle some games around.

20200821_172446 (resized).jpg20200821_172446 (resized).jpg20200821_172511 (resized).jpg20200821_172511 (resized).jpg20200821_172600 (resized).jpg20200821_172600 (resized).jpg
#5211 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What other serious contenders are there ...

Quoted from JustEverett:

Odds are low imo. GNR will be out before year end, so that's the only remaining big wildcard I can think of.

Had to research this one. Stern has Stranger Things and Turtles, plus it will have at least 2 more titles. AP has Hot Wheels. CGC should be able to claim MMr Special Edition and Royal Edition, but it will also have Cactus Canyon remake. JJP will have GNR2. DP will have RAZA. Multimorphic has Heist. Maybe a few surprises thrown in ... Valhalla or others.

#5212 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

In a temporary spot until I can shuffle some games around. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Time to roll mother fucker!

#5213 3 years ago

Had to research this one. Stern has STh and TMNT2 plus at least 2 more titles. AP has Hot Wheels. CGC should be able to claim MMr SE and RE’s, but will have Cactus Canyon remake. JJP will have GNR2. DP will have RAZA.

Stern often seems to win due to userbase numbers alone....

#5214 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

I think the flexing piece of plastic is going to need an upgrade or redesign to work long term.
[quoted image]

Okay..I'm shaking my head at this one. This should be on a hinge...plastic is going to break, especially after 10-15 years when it becomes brittle.

#5215 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Stern often seems to win due to userbase numbers alone....

The TWIPY public choice system is obviously too unbalanced to be any real guage of what is really the best game. It's just a popularity/volume survey.

#5216 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

Sorry for using PITA skinny initials but I have been using them for 40+ years.

Do your names all start with ‘I’ or is this just a preferred Set of initials?

#5217 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Okay..I'm shaking my head at this one. This should be on a hinge...plastic is going to break, especially after 10-15 years when it becomes brittle.

This has been discussed.
I imagine an aftermarket fix is coming if they dont do something st spooky.

#5218 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmmm... I'd be careful what you wish for. I agree it needs a more permanent solution but a traditional metal hinge will be ugly up there with all the lighting around it. It's in a very visible spot.

What would be the most aesthetically pleasing fix I wonder?

#5219 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hmmm... I'd be careful what you wish for. I agree it needs a more permanent solution but a traditional metal hinge will be ugly up there with all the lighting around it. It's in a very visible spot.
What would be the most aesthetically pleasing fix I wonder?

You can do it with a spring steel flap (that would probably break from the constant flexing, too, eventually or a nylon hinge with a E clip and spring on the back end. Should look fine. Either would be much more durable than what's there now.

#5220 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can do it with a spring steel flap (that would probably break from the constant flexing, too, eventually or a nylon hinge with a E clip and spring on the back end. Should look fine. Either would be much more durable than what's there now.

Or just use a more appropriate plastic, one of the several available not prone to cracking as the current material obviously does. This has been covered before. The material is obviously not entirely suitable for the job it is asked to do. It isn't SpaceX science

**PeT-G is modified from PeT by the addition of Glycol. This makes PeT-G much more Brittle than PeT or Polycarbonate. It also means PeT-G is much cheaper. PeT-G is a bad choice for the application. The ship just needs the correct polymer for the given application (Lexan or Polycarbonate, not PeT-G). Simple.

#5221 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Or just use a more appropriate plastic, one of the several available not prone to cracking as the current material obviously does. This has been covered before. The material is obviously not entirely suitable for the job it is asked to do. It isn't SpaceX science

Even PETG will eventually crack and probably break if being bent slightly over and over and over as it appears that does (I don't have one to verify the action or how far it's being bent when activated). A springloaded joint seems like the best long-term solution.

#5222 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Even PETG will eventually crack and probably break if being bent slightly over and over and over as it appears that does (I don't have one to verify the action or how far it's being bent when activated). A springloaded joint seems like the best long-term solution.

You're describing what is already happening. I think you may have mis-read my post?

It is made of PeT-G currently, as far as I am aware?. That is the problem. It should be a material resistant to cracking/brittleness which PeT-G is Not!. Use better polymer, no problem

I have no issue really for myself, easy access to Lexan/Polycarb here in the form of Impact Faceshield refils as a fringe benefit, that s#it is tough as old boots mate and *Will Not Crack* , if it happens for mine I'll just make an improved one from a repurposed personal impact protection screen.

Lexan or Polycarbonate can Fold In Half and Not Break. It will tend to Strech yield under extreme or repeated strain rather than crack or break.This is why they don't skimp out for Nascar Windscreens.... Lexan will not so easily permit entry of stray wheels or other debris. It's your Life man! . No skimping!

**Squanching still okay

#5223 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It is made of PeT-G currently as far as I am aware. That is the problem. It should be a material resistant to cracking/brittleness which PeT-G is Not!. Use better polymer, no problem
Lexan or Polycarbonate can Fold In Half and Not Break. It will Strech yield under extreme strain rather than crack or break.This is why they don't skimp out for Nascar Windscreens.... Lexan will not so easily permit entry of stray wheels or other debris. It's your Life man! . No skimping!
**Squanching still okay

I don't know what they're using, but it looks like plain acrylic to me.

Polycarbonate is strong for impact resistance, but is not suitable over time for repetitive bending. It WILL stress crack from repetitive minor bending. Potential cleaning products used in/around the playfield will accelerate that. Also, the thicker the piece, the more likely the stress cracks over time. Pretty sure there's a better answer for that area that doesn't involve any plastic piece.

#5224 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Polycarbonate is strong for impact resistance, but is not suitable over time for repetitive bending. It WILL stress crack from repetitive minor bending. Potential cleaning products used in/around the playfield will accelerate that. Also, the thicker the piece, the more likely the stress cracks over time. Pretty sure there's a better answer for that area that doesn't involve any plastic piece.

No I think the design is just fine apart from material selection, and whatever way you slice it Lexan will outsee the life of the spring, and also by very scientific definition either alternative polymer in fact Will handle Many Many (terry) folds more action than that Actually Brittle Already PeT-G.

I'm okay with people not interested in the realities of polymers or engineering, I'll sort mine. Just trying to help everyone else. All good

*It does Not need to be replaced by a needless ugly hinge or other metal part. Period. Also we have been here before, a few posts after yours there the material is clarified Without Doubt, and it is behaving like PeT-G too, much more brittle than Polycarb or Lexan, many folds.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/87#post-5743770

What happens if the 2 fasteners farthest from the ship are released? (to alow the flex over More Material, less flex per area, use the Zig AND the zag?) *EDIT: never mind the fastners I think it might assemble differently than I assumed*

#5225 3 years ago

I was playing the other day and mid game I saw something slide down the play field. A plastic protector cracked in half on the left side.

Maybe there is something wrong with the plastic?

#5226 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

I was playing the other day and mid game I saw something slide down the play field. A plastic protector cracked in half on the left side.
Maybe there is something wrong with the plastic?

Which one?

#5227 3 years ago

Under noob noob. Not that you need to see a broken piece of plastic, but behold...

1C8F3BA4-92AA-4087-905A-CEF3E70DD1C4 (resized).jpeg1C8F3BA4-92AA-4087-905A-CEF3E70DD1C4 (resized).jpeg
#5228 3 years ago

Does Spooky charge shipping on top of everything else? Thanks

#5229 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Does Spooky charge shipping on top of everything else? Thanks

Yes or Free pickup

#5230 3 years ago

It was under 400 plays when the ship flex plastic broke on mine. Maybe the length of travel was too far on my machine or the plastic was bad. Sure we will see in time if it's a detective design. A metal hinge might not look too bad as there are already several exposed nuts and bolts in that area.

#5231 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

No I think the design is just fine apart from material selection, and whatever way you slice it Lexan will outsee the life of the spring, and also by very scientific definition either alternative polymer in fact Will handle Many Many (terry) folds more action than that Actually Brittle Already PeT-G.
I'm okay with people not interested in the realities of polymers or engineering, I'll sort mine. Just trying to help everyone else. All good
*It does Not need to be replaced by a needless ugly hinge or other metal part. Period. Also we have been here before, a few posts after yours there the material is clarified Without Doubt, and it is behaving like PeT-G too, much more brittle than Polycarb or Lexan, many folds.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/87#post-5743770
What happens if the 2 fasteners farthest from the ship are released? (to alow the flex over More Material, less flex per area, use the Zig AND the zag?)

Maybe just cut the plastic and glue on a hinge with a high performance adhesive.

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=125113&catid=597

https://www.amazon.com/FarBoat-34%C3%9730mm-1-3%C3%971-2inch-Tranparent-Hardware/dp/B083PT3NFW/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa

https://www.amazon.com/Acrylic-Transparent-Plastic-Folding-Storage/dp/B087PG17GP/ref=mp_s_a_1_5

But i agree. Lexan or makrolon would suffice.

#5232 3 years ago

Looking forward to joinging the club... However not there yet but getting really close.

Crazy question - if someone has some time today could they possibly snap a 'straight on' picture of each of the side art of just the body of the machine ?

My daughter and I are going to attempt to make a rick and morty pinball cake.... we have this edible printer and just cannot find any shots that are not at an angle of the side art (thus they will not print proportionally)

if you could do that an PM me that would be very helpful!

I will post picture of the cake however it turns out !

#5233 3 years ago

Less than 100 plays and it looks like a crack has started to propagate. I am confident Spooky will provide a fix. If not, this will be a fun problem for our community to solve. Challenge accepted!

Note: Shaker motor has been off since day one, so not sure it is a contributor.
20200822_111136 (resized).jpg20200822_111136 (resized).jpg

#5234 3 years ago

Maybe just lengthen that piece of plastic so the stressed part is further away therefore reducing the angle it's forced into.

c6a03e70817a1a3edce50ad96873ea556a70f566 (resized).jpgc6a03e70817a1a3edce50ad96873ea556a70f566 (resized).jpg
#5235 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Less than 100 plays and it looks like a crack has started to propagate. I am confident Spooky will provide a fix. If not, this will be a fun problem for our community to solve. Challange accepted!
Note: Shaker motor has been off since day one, so not sure it is a contributor.
[quoted image]

Aw geez, aw man... Wonder if I should sell my preorder spot ‘cause of this

Nah.

#5236 3 years ago

Could it be as simple as drilling holes at the end of the cut lines to reduce the stresses?

Edit: Nope.... corner already rounded.

20200822_170758 (resized).jpg20200822_170758 (resized).jpg
#5237 3 years ago

I won't have my game for another month or so, so I can't measure the problem plastic under the spaceship. If anyone who currently has a game is willing to take some measurements please DM me. Thanks!

#5238 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

ship flex plastic broke

Quoted from xfassa:

looks like a crack

1, 2...

#5239 3 years ago

#156 shipped 18 Aug. I didn't get or ask for a tracking number Yesterday I was called just before they closed to arrange delivery Tuesday. That's when I was given a tracking, When i did track it (It was FedEx freight) I realized it had been at the fedex warehouse 20 miles from me since 5 am that day. I totally would have picked it up and been playing it all weekend. In fact I probably will go Monday. It will be the first pin we've had in our new Honda Crv. So I hope it fits (out of the box obviously.) Anybody put one in a Gen5 Crv? (2017-present).

#5240 3 years ago
Quoted from LoneStarPinball:

So I hope it fits (out of the box obviously.) Anybody put one in a Gen5 Crv? (2017-present).

You won't have a problem.

#5241 3 years ago

How is charging the portal on the inner orbit supposed to work? I saw a stream yesterday where it was looped three times in a row and didn't max.

#5242 3 years ago

Wow. Takes some effort to get to this plastic. Honestly, tearing machines apart and learning how they work is half the fun.

20200822_164435 (resized).jpg20200822_164435 (resized).jpg

20200822_165905 (resized).jpg20200822_165905 (resized).jpg20200822_165845 (resized).jpg20200822_165845 (resized).jpg

#5243 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How is charging the portal on the inner orbit supposed to work? I saw a stream yesterday where it was looped three times in a row and didn't max.

A continuous run of the spinner currently maxes at 3x normal shot - so if you loop it and keep it spinning you hit that max and stop. The thing to do is combo the inner loop where the spinner is with the garage shot - that combo will always fill the meter and start a dimension.

#5244 3 years ago
Quoted from LoneStarPinball:

#156 shipped 18 Aug. I didn't get or ask for a tracking number Yesterday I was called just before they closed to arrange delivery Tuesday. That's when I was given a tracking, When i did track it (It was FedEx freight) I realized it had been at the fedex warehouse 20 miles from me since 5 am that day. I totally would have picked it up and been playing it all weekend. In fact I probably will go Monday. It will be the first pin we've had in our new Honda Crv. So I hope it fits (out of the box obviously.) Anybody put one in a Gen5 Crv? (2017-present).

Shipped Tuesday and landed Friday, not too bad. Maybe I'll be playing mine by next weekend!

#5245 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A continuous run of the spinner currently maxes at 3x normal shot - so if you loop it and keep it spinning you hit that max and stop. The thing to do is combo the inner loop where the spinner is with the garage shot - that combo will always fill the meter and start a dimension.

You’re doing an incredible job, so please disregard as appropriate (just a humble opinion)... would it be worth resetting 3x normal shot count if the opto switch gets triggered on additional loops?

#5246 3 years ago

Are these two bolts fastened through and fixed to the plastic below it??

c6a03e70817a1a3edce50ad96873ea556a70f566 (resized).jpgc6a03e70817a1a3edce50ad96873ea556a70f566 (resized).jpg

If so, and all they do is hold down that end of the plastic, the problem might be alleviated by simply removing these two fasteners. Or maybe kept loose, rubber gromet and nylok?. The flex is then spread through the two outer aspects as well as the original point, Ricks ship may have more varied movement though.

#5247 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Could it be as simple as drilling holes at the end of the cut lines to reduce the stresses?
Edit: Nope.... corner already rounded. [quoted image]

Corner rounded is not the only important consideration, radius makes a difference, as does surface finish. Bigger radius is better, to a point. Too big and there is not enough plastic body remaining for strength.

I might have to re-consider saying no design changes should be needed, the narrow slot ending creates a concentrated stress point.

A Larger Radius will distibute and reduce the Concentration of stress across a larger area of the material. I think the very concentrated strain at that very very small and rough radius there is just too much for the PeT-G. It's a little bit like "tear here". Combined with those two bolts clamping that end fairly firmly to the surrounding plastic?.

Some radius or another, a simple keyhole relieif at the end may be enough for a legitimate and effective fix, SpookyLuke ?

RaMshipSpring (resized).jpgRaMshipSpring (resized).jpg

**"Drilling" a hole Might seem like a great idea at the time, but Please DON'T try it! . Likelyhood is shattered plastic parts, for multiple reasons. It also has potential to cause injury considering that. Just saying.

Having a keyhole there is on the right track though I think. Along with relaxing the two bolts somehow, maybe.

#5248 3 years ago

c6a03e70817a1a3edce50ad96873ea556a70f566xx (resized).jpgc6a03e70817a1a3edce50ad96873ea556a70f566xx (resized).jpg

Maybe One bolt in the Centre only would alow the more desirable flex pattern, less concentrated. Combine with some keyholes. Done?

Of course this could lead to cracking the plastic beneath around the one bolt hole, concentration, if bolted tight. A washer/rubber gromet, and so not firm mount might cover it.

Is it possible this is the difference between games where the ship Lasts, and the few where it Doesn't Last? .... Bolts Tight, rather than Relaxed?

I'm thinking those two bolts at the end need to be there for stability and to keep the end of the plastic spring from raising, but also need to have some amount of loose slack so that the plastic can flex across that whole "bolted" area. Nylocks holding that "loose" position.

#5249 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

[quoted image]
Maybe One bolt in the Centre only would alow the more desirable flex pattern, less concentrated. Combine with some keyholes. Done?
Of course this could lead to cracking the plastic beneath around the one bolt hole, concentration, if bolted tight. A washer/rubber gromet, and so not firm mount might cover it.
Is it possible this is the difference between games where the ship Lasts, and the few where it Doesn't Last? .... Bolts Tight, rather than Relaxed?
I'm thinking those two bolts at the end need to be there for stability and to keep the end of the plastic spring from raising, but also need to have some amount of loose slack so that the plastic can flex across that whole "bolted" area. Nylocks holding that "loose" position.

Or.... just use the correct polycarbonate plastic much easier and rather low cost fix. I’m sure they will address this in no time.

#5250 3 years ago

I'm guessing drilling the holes at the end of the slot would break it using a drill bit. But if you used a dremel and cone shaped grinding stone, that would probably work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/105 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.