(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,206 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,206 posts in this topic. You are on page 404 of 405.
#20151 59 days ago

Spooky has new Rick and Morty playfields available on their website right now. If any of you are looking..

#20152 59 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Spooky has new Rick and Morty playfields available on their website right now. If any of you are looking..

Well, those sold out quickly!

#20153 59 days ago

I think there was only one. I had it in my cart, then it was sold out when I clicked pay.

#20154 56 days ago

Anyone have this happen to the ship? It's kinda of stuck in the up position.

Thanks Martin

20240213_184156 (resized).jpg20240213_184156 (resized).jpg

#20155 56 days ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Thanks Martin
[quoted image]

First impression is that Rick's on a bender!!! Then maybe banking for a hard turn... lol.

But seriously, hasn't happened yet on my game of 3 years even with a hairline crack in the plastic mount. I'd 1st check the metal rod that it hasn't misaligned.

#20156 56 days ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Thanks Martin
[quoted image]

Below, the rod can get jammed a but in the sleeve its in, pull PF, give it a wiggle and maybe even can drop a drop of 3in1 to stop it from getting jammed up.

Alsom, a lot of unintended sexual connotation there

P.S> IF you're making an orde with PBL, but a spare or two "hinge" they're like $3

#20157 56 days ago
Quoted from DVDA:

slightly used jerry ramp. about 50 games on it. my friend didn’t like it on his machine for whatever reason. $120 shipped
[quoted image]

Did you install this on his machine? I have one but am nervous installing it since i am not great with stuff like that. I live in Oregon City as well and was looking for help installing it.

#20158 56 days ago
Quoted from Brad25:

Did you install this on his machine? I have one but am nervous installing it since i am not great with stuff like that. I live in Oregon City as well and was looking for help installing it.

Go at it man! You’re not going to break anything!

#20159 56 days ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Thanks Martin
[quoted image]

yes. the rod is probably bent. You can try to fix it yourself or ask them to send you a replacement rod.

#20160 56 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

yes. the rod is probably bent. You can try to fix it yourself or ask them to send you a replacement rod.

I doubt it, mine used to get jammed a bit. Not bent at all

1 week later
#20161 49 days ago

is it just me or is it a bitch to seat the bulb inside the pop bumper

#20162 48 days ago
Quoted from sthippie:

is it a bitch to seat the bulb inside the pop bumper

You mean replacing the little board in there? I had to do that a while ago and it was the most nerve wracking soldering I've done, I had like 3 layers of towels around it.

1 week later
#20163 39 days ago

In case there are any of you left that still want this Blue Crystal mod, I just made a small batch to fulfill a recent order. $55 shipped (CONUS). PM me if interested. Thanks!

rm-bcm (resized).jpgrm-bcm (resized).jpg
#20164 35 days ago

Perhaps this may only be interesting to those who put a ton of time in on this machine like I do, but today after putting thousands of games on this machine I saw a first. During the Blood Dome adventure, I hit all of the required purple shots and then I hit the scoop shot which (almost) closes out the adventure. If you recall, it's a short cut scene with Morty finishing off a guy and yelling at him. This particular time, as the ball was ejected out of the scope, I had a quick shot off of the right flipper back into the scoop (truthfully I was trying to hit the crank for the fatality bonus kill). It had to be no more than 3/4 of a second between the ejection to when it was put back in and BOOM, I got the cut scene AGAIN and the bonus points AGAIN.

Has anyone else snuck the second shot in the scoop quickly and gotten credit twice? I got a kick out of this little "glitch".

1 week later
#20165 28 days ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Thanks Martin
[quoted image]

That just means Rick is drunk again.

#20166 25 days ago

Hey guys I just snagged a R&M and am having an issue straight out the box (this was purchased NIB by someone else but never removed from the box).

The game makes a very loud humming noise that persists throughout gameplay. I made sure all of the connectors were solid. I turned down all knobs on the amp. The noise remains the same. If I completely unplug the power to the amp the noise stops. But if I unplug the aux connection at the board the noise continues. Any ideas?

#20167 25 days ago
Quoted from TheBenk:

Hey guys I just snagged a R&M and am having an issue straight out the box (this was purchased NIB by someone else but never removed from the box).
The game makes a very loud humming noise that persists throughout gameplay. I made sure all of the connectors were solid. I turned down all knobs on the amp. The noise remains the same. If I completely unplug the power to the amp the noise stops. But if I unplug the aux connection at the board the noise continues. Any ideas?

Crazy there was still one in a box!

#20168 25 days ago
Quoted from TheBenk:

very loud humming noise that persists throughout gameplay\

Check the fuses on the main board behind the backbox screen. Mine would loose power on the right side once in a while and always had a hum, figured out the fuses were loose on that board (one on each corner) and haven't had an issue since.

#20169 23 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm considering trying to acquire a R&M now that they are hitting $10K on the market instead of $12.5K. I'm on the fence as I've never been able to play one in a home environment.
1. What do you love about it?
2. What do you hate about it?
3. It still seems a bit high dollar for a Spooky. Without the rarity, does it feel like a $10K game?
Thanks for your input!

I'm in the U.K and was going to post something similar; I have an AFM Remake LE which I love and was thinking maybe the only game which would make AFM leave is if I was offered a Rick'n'Morty as a trade. I love the show, but with so few R&M in the U.K I haven't got to play one

#20170 22 days ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

I'm in the U.K and was going to post something similar; I have an AFM Remake LE which I love and was thinking maybe the only game which would make AFM leave is if I was offered a Rick'n'Morty as a trade. I love the show, but with so few R&M in the U.K I haven't got to play one

If you love the show you'll probably love the pin - the theme integration is where shines! No other pin's call-outs have made me laugh as much as R&M! Rules and modes are relatively simple and fun. Very unique bonus mechanic. And it's fast, really fast! But the pin needs to be dialed in to play well. For me, I spent more time tweaking this pin than any other I've owned, and not simple stuff, I'm talking altering the rail curvature on orbits. The flippers also required major upgrades; bushings, fans, Precisions. And even when dialed in, it can still be brutally hard with brick shots everywhere. And yet, I love the pin and constantly come back for "just one more game"! It will never leave my collection!

#20171 21 days ago

I think R&M just might be my all time #1 game right now, perhaps just narrowly beating IMDN. I love the simplicity of the code, the shots (once dialled in) are super satisfying and its a fast, brutal, one with (usually) short game times. It sounds amazing, the light shows are terrific and the assets from the show are there plus some great callouts by the real voice actor, and even the coder dropped an update with some new dimensions recently - you can't really ask for more (ok, you COULD ask for some later season stuff, but that's never gonna happen).

This game comes with a HUGE disclaimer though: it absolutely has to be tweaked and dialled in. I have played another R&M where it was an awful experience. Left ramp couldnt be hit, the garage shot was next to impossible etc. Mine also required some tinkering. You really do have to either find a good example or spend a bit of time making some adjustments. A perfect shooting R&M though, is about as good as it gets for me.

#20172 19 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I think R&M just might be my all time #1 game right now, perhaps just narrowly beating IMDN. I love the simplicity of the code, the shots (once dialled in) are super satisfying and its a fast, brutal, one with (usually) short game times. It sounds amazing, the light shows are terrific and the assets from the show are there plus some great callouts by the real voice actor, and even the coder dropped an update with some new dimensions recently - you can't really ask for more (ok, you COULD ask for some later season stuff, but that's never gonna happen).
This game comes with a HUGE disclaimer though: it absolutely has to be tweaked and dialled in. I have played another R&M where it was an awful experience. Left ramp couldnt be hit, the garage shot was next to impossible etc. Mine also required some tinkering. You really do have to either find a good example or spend a bit of time making some adjustments. A perfect shooting R&M though, is about as good as it gets for me.

Yep. I spent months dialing mine in (I was an early adopter). The other mod that helps is precision flippers.

#20173 19 days ago

I beat Love Potion #9 for the first time ever last night. Really cool. Lots of different animations and callouts. So gratifying. I’ve always bricked every shot and completely fucked up every time I’ve been to it
Put up just over 104,000,000

#20174 19 days ago

Just added a simple mod over the center scoop. Hey NorthernDude, thanks again for fixing me up with that flex plate.

P3230228 (resized).JPGP3230228 (resized).JPGP3230229 (resized).JPGP3230229 (resized).JPG
#20175 19 days ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Just added a simple mod over the center scoop. Hey NorthernDude, thanks again for fixing me up with that flex plate. [quoted image][quoted image]

No probs. Looks good.

It almost looks weird to me to not see a kalaxian crystal over the scoop, lol

#20176 17 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

No probs. Looks good.
It almost looks weird to me to not see a kalaxian crystal over the scoop, lol

my crystal took a ball hit, now sits in a box...looks like Rick could take a some balls to the face and not break with that flexible tab...I like it...available ?

#20177 17 days ago

All anyone needs to do to get this mod is to find the part. It is the talking Rick by RP minis Here is one - https://www.target.com/p/rick-and-morty-talking-rick-sanchez-bust-rp-minis-by-running-press-paperback/-/A-87436708

Break the part from talking base and cut out a small piece of metal to fit. I simply used glue tape to secure Rick. Under $20. Not often you can do a pinball mod so cheap.

b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpgb5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
#20178 16 days ago

My spinner lane shots were completely failing last week and was surprised to see that the metal guide had broken at the lowest anchor point. I've had the game nearly 3 years and this is the first pf part to fail. Fabricated a 90 degree aluminum bracket and used double sided gel tape to secure the metal guide until Spooky's replacement part arrives. I'm probably going to keep the "temporary" fix in until that fails, in part to see how long it lasts. RAM is still my absolute favorite game.

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpgRAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
#20179 16 days ago

In case there are any of you left that still want this Blue Crystal mod, I just made a small batch to fulfill a recent order. $55 shipped (CONUS). PM me if interested. Thanks! [quoted image]</blockquote

Thanks for this great mod! It feels like it should have been there from the factory.

#20180 16 days ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

My spinner lane shots were completely failing last week and was surprised to see that the metal guide had broken at the lowest anchor point. I've had the game nearly 3 years and this is the first pf part to fail. Fabricated a 90 degree aluminum bracket and used double sided gel tape to secure the metal guide until Spooky's replacement part arrives. I'm probably going to keep the "temporary" fix in until that fails, in part to see how long it lasts. RAM is still my absolute favorite game.
[quoted image]

Did you have the guide "tucked" behing the rubber sleeve bumper? I imagine if you didn't it would be taking a pretty good hit each time the ball got looped...

#20181 16 days ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

[quoted image]

I also love the game...it just fires on all cylinders (once it's been dialed in, which takes some effort With only 750 produced, it's shocking to me that it isn't more in demand...especially given the cool/modern license. Wish the battery dying didn't require so much effort to recover from, but now I simply replace the battery every year before it dies.

#20182 15 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Did you have the guide "tucked" behing the rubber sleeve bumper? I imagine if you didn't it would be taking a pretty good hit each time the ball got looped...

Good question: I had the guide set flush with the rubber sleeve to allow seamless ball flow. As part of the early dialing in I had to adjust that guide, sliding one of the upper anchor points underneath the left wood pf rail. I left one lower mid guide anchor point unsecured to avoid drilling another hole into the pf. When I install the replacement guide I'm going to secure all anchor points to provide maximum support.

#20183 15 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I also love the game...it just fires on all cylinders (once it's been dialed in, which takes some effort With only 750 produced, it's shocking to me that it isn't more in demand...especially given the cool/modern license. Wish the battery dying didn't require so much effort to recover from, but now I simply replace the battery every year before it dies.

I actually multi meter my batteries before and as I remove them to learn my drawdown based on my home usage. So far I'm finding 2 year replacement schedule is more than safe. I totally agree that a 2 dollar battery replacement is little cost to preserve our $10k toys. Changing these batteries while the game is still on is easy enough.

1 week later
#20184 8 days ago

Anyone interested in trading their R&M for a Wonka Ce? If so give me a shout!
Pictures and videos of it here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19EMQqQyFeLQYwAuR5cWyVmtvwtqXg7DF

Jeff in Greer SC

#20185 7 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Jeff in Greer SC

Good luck. Rick and Morty is great game. I had some out of town family over last weekend and they seemed to really enjoy R&M.

#20186 7 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Think about when it came out. Covid, low production numbers, and an IP that should not have been as engaging as it is all lead to a significantly undiscovered machine from most of the general public. It's also a game with some limitations ( future modes never completed, geometry can generously be described as angular/tight, and build qa issues). This said, I believe its a top twenty game. There are few machines that are as fun and immersive as RAM, and I will continue to assert it's Spooky's masterpiece to date.

#20187 7 days ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Think about when it came out. Covid, low production numbers, and an IP that should not have been as engaging as it is all lead to a significantly undiscovered machine from most of the general public. It's also a game with some limitations ( future modes never completed, geometry can generously be described as angular/tight, and build qa issues). This said, I believe its a top twenty game. There are few machines that are as fun and immersive as RAM, and I will continue to assert it's Spooky's masterpiece to date.

I also think it's Spooky's masterpiece. When you look at what Stern is charging for really "meh" toppers, the butter is well worth the $$ (and just a work of art).

#20188 7 days ago

Anyone had similar flipper issues before with R&M? My upper right flipper for some time has semi regularly failed to flip, or sometimes flipped late. Today, my son who's been playing it a fair bit recently believes the lower right flipper is exhibiting similar issues. I'm yet to open her up to take a look yet, thought I'd yell out first incase the problem has been previously discussed and solved.

#20189 7 days ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Anyone had similar flipper issues before with R&M? My upper right flipper for some time has semi regularly failed to flip, or sometimes flipped late. Today, my son who's been playing it a fair bit recently believes the lower right flipper is exhibiting similar issues. I'm yet to open her up to take a look yet, thought I'd yell out first incase the problem has been previously discussed and solved.

I'd take a look at your flipper button since the right side is a staged flipper.

#20190 7 days ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I'd take a look at your flipper button since the right side is a staged flipper.

Yeah, this ^^^ Also double check the solder on that upper flipper coil, I have seen one of the wires there just barely be attached and cause strange issues.

#20191 7 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Jeff in Greer SC

I'd do a straight trade but you're pretty far.

#20193 6 days ago

New to the club and have a lot of reading to do. Just picked up my game yesterday from the original owner (huo game). Are there any game specific maintenance items that need to be addressed or bulletproof in got any game components?

Anyone have a rubber list or sheet? Coil sleeve list (I like to change these out on new to me games.

#20194 6 days ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

New to the club and have a lot of reading to do. Just picked up my game yesterday from the original owner (huo game). Are there any game specific maintenance items that need to be addressed or bulletproof in got any game components?
Anyone have a rubber list or sheet? Coil sleeve list (I like to change these out on new to me games.

It’s likely your original owner did some “out of the box” tune ups.

But, check the many “Key Posts” and go through them. You may recognize problems of he didn’t

#20195 6 days ago
Quoted from BradyScribbles:

when I go to reset high scores, the machine hangs and I have to hard reset. Has that happened to anyone else? I'm on version 22.09.02

Same here. Build 2023.03.22. I've tried factory reset. Anyone else? This is a frustrating bug as I just bought one secondhand and don't want the guy's scores on it.

#20196 6 days ago

In my opinion, MRS for the loops, IPS screen, and Precision Flippers are upgrades that any owner should look into.

#20197 5 days ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

In my opinion, MRS for the loops, IPS screen, and Precision Flippers are upgrades that any owner should look into.

Awesome, the previous owner put MRS on it, will be my first game with them, was thinking of putting them on my Elvira as well, so a good opportunity to test. Will check out the IPS, do the Precision flippers address any of the "weak coil" feedback that seems to be common with this game?

Quoted from northerndude:

It’s likely your original owner did some “out of the box” tune ups.
But, check the many “Key Posts” and go through them. You may recognize problems of he didn’t

Thank you, that's a good path forward.

#20198 5 days ago

Awesome, the previous owner put MRS on it, will be my first game with them, was thinking of putting them on my Elvira as well, so a good opportunity to test. Will check out the IPS, do the Precision flippers address any of the "weak coil" feedback that seems to be common with this game?

Thank you, that's a good path forward.

Yes, the Precision Flippers improve them to the point you need to turn down the flipper power considerably.

#20199 4 days ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Yes, the Precision Flippers improve them to the point you need to turn down the flipper power considerably.

Will check them out, are the hollow ones a hundred bucks better than the solid?

#20200 4 days ago

Will check them out, are the hollow ones a hundred bucks better than the solid?

The hollow kit is $25 more than the solid ones. I think the look of the hollow ones are worth it for RaM, as you can see the playfield art through them. Maybe you were looking at ones with the keyed shaft, as that costs more. The keyed shaft makes them easier to install, but that option wasn’t available when I bought mine. I broke a few bolts figuring out that I needed to grind the inside of the pawl to get a tight enough fit. If I had it to do over again, I’d go with the hollow bats, bushings, and keyed shafts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 13,500.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,206 posts in this topic. You are on page 404 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/404 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.