(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,228 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by jonesjb
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 368 of 405.
#18351 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Can’t really do this. The way flipper button rules work you can’t change them rapidly without problems. Well, I can’t anyway.

Gotcha. Yeah that can o worms best left unopened.

#18352 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Anyone interested in this cover for the pinball glass?
I sold my game so slowly getting rid of stuff I have for Rick and Morty.
$25 bucks shipped to anywhere in the US.
PM me if you are interested.
Thanks
Rich
[quoted image]

whew, what a Jerry time to get rid of a Rick and Morty.

#18353 1 year ago

#BEATTHIS

D41BB031-936B-451A-91C6-0136811D15B8 (resized).jpegD41BB031-936B-451A-91C6-0136811D15B8 (resized).jpeg
#18354 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

whew, what a Jerry time to get rid of a Rick and Morty.

It was a fun game for almost two years and I really thought it was a keeper (I posted it for sale multiple times and changed my mind) but in the end, I guess it just wasn't a keeper for me.

That's pinball though, a lot to choose from and I simply chose something else now.
I have no regrets but truthfully I'm surprised that I don't miss it.

Happy for all you RM owners that are getting some kind of new content. Although it's not actual licensed content I'm sure its fun and is reviving your playtime on your machines.

Peace among worlds @northerdude

db2ea00d2fa7c1b131b7f14d71bf1433 (resized).jpgdb2ea00d2fa7c1b131b7f14d71bf1433 (resized).jpg
#18355 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Anyone interested in this cover for the pinball glass?
I sold my game so slowly getting rid of stuff I have for Rick and Morty.
$25 bucks shipped to anywhere in the US.
PM me if you are interested.
Thanks
Rich
[quoted image]

Oh Morty, I wouldn't put that on the glass, i agree , what's this s*** Rick ?

it was probably the most fun game in your home

#18356 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

#BEATTHIS[quoted image]

How does this even happen? Launch and drain, autosave, then launch and drain again?

#18357 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

How does this even happen? Launch and drain, autosave, then launch and drain again?

That scoop can be impossible sometimes....

#18358 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Challenge mode only gives points for megaseeds before the adventure starts. You can flail around for an hour - but if you don’t hit the scoop to start the challenge, no points.

#18359 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Challenge mode only gives points for megaseeds before the adventure starts. You can flail around for an hour - but if you don’t hit the scoop to start the challenge, no points.

Can’t wait to play it!

Are you also helping on the ultra man/Halloween code?

#18360 1 year ago

Just looking for your guys' personal experiences:

Do you have to reseat connectors often? I seem to go through periods of no-issues, and then will have month long stretches of having to open the game every time I play it to try and get my lights to all work correctly. It seems that every time I play a R+M on location, I notice some lights flickering/going miscolored too, which is in line with my own experience.

I've tried to identify the specific problematic connections, hot glued a few of them, punched a few wires further down, etc, but still have issues. This has been the only problem I've had with my R+M over ~2 years but it's always a bummer when I go to play a quick game and suddenly half my GI dies. Wondering if I'm overlooking an underlying cause or if this is just how things are with the old Spooky connectors.

#18361 1 year ago

I had the light problem big time last year, I finally went and pushed on every connector I could find that had to do with lamps, then disabled the game's shaker motor. It's been pretty good since then, but the RGB connectors are definitely a weak spot in the hardware.

#18362 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Do you have to reseat connectors often? I seem to go through periods of no-issues, and then will have month long stretches of having to open the game every time I play it to try and get my lights to all work correctly. It seems that every time I play a R+M on location, I notice some lights flickering/going miscolored too, which is in line with my own experience.
I've tried to identify the specific problematic connections, hot glued a few of them, punched a few wires further down, etc, but still have issues. This has been the only problem I've had with my R+M over ~2 years but it's always a bummer when I go to play a quick game and suddenly half my GI dies. Wondering if I'm overlooking an underlying cause or if this is just how things are with the old Spooky connectors.

There's one connection that powers and/or controls the lights for the entire right side that i have fiddled with often and am still made to fiddle with on a semi-regular basis.

#18363 1 year ago

There is no bug encountered with the last Beta version 2022.08.15
I finished Rick potion 9 with 129M

#18364 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I had the light problem big time last year, I finally went and pushed on every connector I could find that had to do with lamps, then disabled the game's shaker motor. It's been pretty good since then, but the RGB connectors are definitely a weak spot in the hardware.

My shaker is turned off for the same reason.

#18365 1 year ago

Zero.
hope I don't jinx it by saying that.

I've had my #84 since it was made. Pretty much ZERO physical or software issues at any time.

Had a solder come off the pop bumper bulb. Replaced the shitty assed original shooter wire form.

#18366 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

same experience. had weeks where everday a new issue and then finally one day spent an hour pushing on every connector and have had zero issues for like 3-4 months now

#18367 1 year ago

Yes. I've replaced the pop bumper light, and one or two of the lights on the PF due to connection/flickering issues. They are not too expensive. On the loose connections, I went in and just hot glued every connection I saw. Just a little dab, easily peels off if needed. Since then I haven't had any real connection issues. I also have my shaker set to "low"

#18368 1 year ago

I’ve had the magnet light bar go out and the sound feedback issue. That and the rattle from the glass. That’s it for issues.

#18369 1 year ago

Added cliffy protectors, characters, and pinstadiums tonight. Plus fixed my upper flipper issue. Just needed raised. Much better now.

241D948C-F508-4A5B-B053-BA008DEA2227 (resized).jpeg241D948C-F508-4A5B-B053-BA008DEA2227 (resized).jpeg41F85206-705E-4CEA-BF44-758EDE1E4F5B (resized).jpeg41F85206-705E-4CEA-BF44-758EDE1E4F5B (resized).jpeg604EC346-A01D-451B-BE95-6B861B1EAB7C (resized).jpeg604EC346-A01D-451B-BE95-6B861B1EAB7C (resized).jpeg86F25B82-DCA8-4474-860D-99FD02E6385F (resized).jpeg86F25B82-DCA8-4474-860D-99FD02E6385F (resized).jpeg
#18370 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Added cliffy protectors, characters, and pinstadiums tonight. Plus fixed my upper flipper issue. Just needed raised. Much better now.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the meeseeks! nice job!

#18371 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks so good !
meeseeks are stil available? i think not
what do you think about adding a UV pinstadium with sidemirror on this game ?

#18372 1 year ago

I finished installing the precision flippers and bushings last night.

Only weird thing I ran into was I had previously adjusted the rail that feeds the upper flipper so the ball would roll smoothly from rail to flipper. After installing the the new bushing and flipper, I was getting a hop from rail to flipper (flipper rubber sticking out a bit farther from the rail). Different flipper rubber too, but not sure what that was all about. I moved the rail back pretty much to it's original position and that gave me a smooth transition.

Shoots crazy fast and seems like a new game. Might have to figure out how to lower the flipper power a bit.

Hope these precision flippers hold up, because I can't see going back to stock flippers on this game. Played a ton last night. Turned it off and went to bed. Went back and played some more.

Screenshot_20220818-080622_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220818-080622_Gallery (resized).jpg
#18373 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I finished installing the precision flippers and bushings last night.
Only weird thing I ran into was I had previously adjusted the rail that feeds the upper flipper so the ball would roll smoothly from rail to flipper. After installing the the new bushing and flipper, I was getting a hop from rail to flipper (flipper rubber sticking out a bit farther from the rail). Different flipper rubber too, but not sure what that was all about. I moved the rail back pretty much to it's original position and that gave me a smooth transition.
Shoots crazy fast and seems like a new game. Might have to figure out how to lower the flipper power a bit.
Hope these precision flippers hold up, because I can't see going back to stock flippers on this game. Played a ton last night. Turned it off and went to bed. Went back and played some more.
[quoted image]

nice, how much were they?

#18374 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

nice, how much were they?

150 bucks for a 3 flipper kit with bushings.

It's the only mod I have on the game.

#18375 1 year ago

Morty's Mindblowing Single Adventure Challenge is now available: https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/

To use it: You must enable "Adventure Challenge Mode" in the R&M "Feature" settings

When it's on: There are several new pages in the attract mode:
- "Sigma Morty" - For the name entered for the most Adventure/Dimension Combos
- The C-137 Home Team - For all the adventure challenge highest scores when in dimension C-137 (No Megaseeds)
- 11 Adventure Champ Pages that show the 3 highest Feature, Positive and Negative dimension combo scores.

To Start a challenge: Hold the right flipper button and anti-gravity button together for 4 seconds in attract mode. If you want to do multi-player, pick the adventure & dimension, then once the game starts, hit start to add players.

What are the rules:
- You get one ball
- There are no multiballs
- You stay in the dimension you choose at start (opening the portal and making the shot will add seeds)
- You don't earn points until you start the adventure.
- If you complete the adventure, your turn/game ends.

Extra thanks to jonesjb for tons of testing on this beta cycle. And most of them.

#18376 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

150 bucks for a 3 flipper kit with bushings.
It's the only mod I have on the game.

I wonder why the game would shoot faster with this mod...are they lighter than "stock" flippers? Curious. What motivated you to take the leap? Do you have this mod on other pins?

#18377 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I wonder why the game would shoot faster with this mod...are they lighter than "stock" flippers? Curious. What motivated you to take the leap? Do you have this mod on other pins?

Metal vs plastic flipper. I imagine there isn't any give/flex you would get from a plastic flipper. More power transfers to the ball.

#18378 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Morty's Mindblowing Single Adventure Challenge is now available: https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/
To use it: You must enable "Adventure Challenge Mode" in the R&M "Feature" settings
- The C-137 Home Team - For all the adventure challenge highest scores when in dimension C-137 (No Megaseeds)
- 11 Adventure Champ Pages that show the 3 highest Feature, Positive and Negative dimension combo scores.
To Start a challenge: Hold the right flipper button and anti-gravity button together for 4 seconds in attract mode. If you want to do multi-player, pick the adventure & dimension, then once the game starts, hit start to add players.
What are the rules:
- You get one ball
- You stay in the dimension you choose at start (opening the portal and making the shot will add seeds)
Extra thanks to jonesjb for tons of testing on this beta cycle. And most of them.

Hell yeah!!!!!! Thank you Eric! :-DDDDDDDDDD

#18379 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I don't understand the physics. I think the ball is being hit harder? But the apparent difference these make in the play/shots of the game wasn't why I wanted them.

I saw these flippers being mentioned in the Godzilla thread. Maybe a month ago? I was interested because you can change the position of the flipper without lifting the playfield and messing with the clamp that holds the shaft.

I'm not into doing flipper rebuilds because of the trouble I've had. I think I'm done and all set, but then I play a game and one of the flippers starts floating because I didn't tighten the clamp enough. Oh, but don't make it too tight.

Then the trouble of getting both flippers at the same exact angle. Under the playfield with the allen wrench, trying to hold the flipper in place.

Most people might not have any trouble with rebuilds. That's cool. I suck. This sounded good for me, especially after reading the review thread about them.

I also purchased a 3 flipper kit for Godzilla, but I can't install them until I figure out the issue with my upper flipper on that game. I'm currently getting tech help from Stern. Soon as that's resolved, I'll put them in there.

My Metallica and DE GnR both need flipper rebuilds. When I do them, I'd also like to put these in those games.

I also like how they look. Shiny new toy.

#18380 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What are the rules:
- You get one ball

Hey Eric, thanks for the update. Unfortunately, after installing the update, balls don't get ejected...in challenge mode or normal mode. Ball search activates and doesn't correct the situation. I tried disabling the feature and it still misbehaves (doesn't eject any balls).

Any ideas?

#18381 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hey Eric, thanks for the update. Unfortunately, after installing the update, balls don't get ejected...in challenge mode or normal mode. Ball search activates and doesn't correct the situation. I tried disabling the feature and it still misbehaves (doesn't eject any balls).
Any ideas?

OMG. I left a flag on from my dev setup. Figures. I'll have to rebuild and reupload.

#18382 1 year ago

I just updated, same issue.

Quoted from snaroff:

Any ideas?

#18383 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I don't understand the physics. I think the ball is being hit harder? But the apparent difference these make in the play/shots of the game wasn't why I wanted them.
I saw these flippers being mentioned in the Godzilla thread. Maybe a month ago? I was interested because you can change the position of the flipper without lifting the playfield and messing with the clamp that holds the shift.
I'm not into doing flipper rebuilds because of the trouble I've had. I think I'm done and all set, but then I play a game and one of the flippers starts floating because I didn't tighten the clamp enough. Oh, but don't make it too tight.
Then the trouble of getting both flippers at the same exact angle. Under the playfield with the allen wrench, trying to hold the flipper in place.
Most people might not have any trouble with rebuilds. That's cool. I suck. This sounded good for me, especially after reading the review thread about them.
I also purchased a 3 flipper kit for Godzilla, but I can't install them until I figure out the issue with my upper flipper on that game. I'm currently getting tech help from Stern. Soon as that's resolved, I'll put them in there.
My Metallica and DE GnR both need flipper rebuilds. When I do them, I'd also like to put these in those games.

No doubt being able to fine tune the flipper position topside is a really sweet feature (assuming the adjustment is tight/robust, of course). Getting it right using standard flipper mechs is always a bit tedious/stressful.

The only downside is revisiting ball guides (like you've mentioned). I might give the product a try on Godzilla, a game that I haven't tweaked at all (unlike R&M

#18384 1 year ago

New file is up. Sorry for the problem with the first one.

#18385 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

No doubt being able to fine tune the flipper position topside is a really sweet feature (assuming the adjustment is tight/robust, of course). Getting it right using standard flipper mechs is always a bit tedious/stressful.
The only downside is revisiting ball guides (like you've mentioned). I might give the product a try on Godzilla, a game that I haven't tweaked at all (unlike R&M

I was just looking at Titan low bounce flipper rubber. Says it's thinner than regular rubber. If I try those rubbers out, I might have to move the rail back again!

#18386 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I was just looking at Titan low bounce flipper rubber. Says it's thinner than regular rubber. If I try those rubbers out, I might have to move the rail back again!

I use the low bounce rubber on my R&M.

#18387 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I use the low bounce rubber on my R&M.

I think I need it. You notice a difference?

#18388 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Yeah there is definitely a difference. Bounce passes feel better. I feel like I have a more control with them. I'd try them out. Worst case you waste a couple of bucks.

#18389 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I saw these flippers being mentioned in the Godzilla thread. Maybe a month ago? I was interested because you can change the position of the flipper without lifting the playfield and messing with the clamp that holds the shaft.

I ordered a set of these myself...I had been waiting for them to make the bushing for the Spooky machines...but he forgot to tell me they were done ....glad to hear its working good. This is really the machine I thought of when I was reading about them...that left ramp is tough shot. original flippers have some much bounce and slop in them..has to rob some of the power.

#18390 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

How long did it take to install? Is it just like a standard flipper rebuild?

#18391 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Awesome! Any different instructions for Mac users?

#18392 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How long did it take to install? Is it just like a standard flipper rebuild?

The only thing that sucks is that the 3 screws holding in the bushings have nuts behind them, so you have to take out the entire flipper mech to get at those. Doesn't take too long if you've done it before.

Detailed instructions are included. Watch some flipper rebuild videos on YouTube while you wait for the parts. Take pics while you work.

#18393 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Awesome! Any different instructions for Mac users?

Nope. Just make sure the filename is right and throw it on a FAT32 usb stick.

#18394 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No problem! Just glad I was able to catch it quickly.

Hey, is there a list of all the dimensions somewhere?

#18395 1 year ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:In any pinball in history is it possible to get just TWO POINTS hahaha

POTC - you can steal all the points from another player and they can end up with a zero point game!

#18396 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What are the rules:
- You get one ball

Can not over state how much I love stuff like this, adds a lot of replay value/variety to home games (especially for us guys with small collections). Excited to get this loaded over lunch.

So what's next Eric?

#18397 1 year ago

Collected from various sources-

Dimension----description----------Effects----Category
17-R4MP5-----3x Ramp------------Scoring!-Positive
BW00-P--------3x Spinner-----------Scoring!-Positive
mega-sl4m---5x Slam Ring------Scoring!-Positive
L4ne-------------10x In/Out Lane--Scoring!-Positive
g0tu-Fam------3x Family Target-Scoring!-Positive
CMB-0----------3x Combo-----------Scoring!-Positive
H4-+ch---------3x Scoop------------ Scoring!-Positive
Hv3-LT---------3x Scoring on the LEFT half!-Positive
Hv3-RT---------3x Scoring on the RIGHT half!-Positive
Ye-Zu5----------1000x RICK TARGET SCORING! Positive
d3d-BMP-------SLAM RING is disabled! Negative
d3d-SLi----------Slingshot is disabled! Negative
d3d-SPn--------Spinner is disabled! Negative
d3d-CRnk------Flooble-crank is disabled! Negative
d3d-BOx--------Meeseeks Box is disabled! Negative
d3d-F4m-------Family targets disabled! Negative
W3k-LT---------1/2 Scoring on the LEFT half! Negative
W3k-RT---------1/2 Scoring on the RIGHT half! Negative
FL-33p-----------Activates all flippers together. Yells “FLEEP!” Negative
FL-2p-------------Upper flipper activates with left flipper button. Negative
W1L-HM--------All targets / slings play the ‘Wilhelm Scream’ Feature
13u-TT----------Just passing through … Feature
TW-z0n3--------Removes all color from LEDs Feature
BLK-0p----------Night Vision Engaged! Feature
b1-ind------------GI Lighting Strobes Feature
N0-ramp5-----TNA Lampshow & Music Feature (also Ramps = 0 pts)
sp-0ng3--------Underwater dimension Feature
gR-w0of--------Where are they, Summer? Feature
r5h-0ur----------Expressions of frustration. Feature
sp-0tz------------It’s like a Hollywood premiere in here. Feature
sw-4mpy-------Watch out for them gators! Feature

New aug 2022- may be incomplete/incorrect:
Feature:
fr0-0p ---------- Froopyland - unlimited ball save because you can't die in froopyland
nc-17 ---‐------- all switches throw swear words
Kl4-ck --------- Switches trigger knocker (YIKES) - Off by default. Requires knocker enabled.

st4-mpz ------- Multiply scoring by green stamps
t3h-dub -------- 2x megaseeds for each collected
f0n-du1 --------Targets increase Gromflomite jackpot value-
cRk-d4t -------- Flooble Crank always awards a seed for the duration

Negative:
b4-llz ----------- Ball search dimension
bl4-nkz -------- Barren - only lights 1 seed
k4rk-Lnd ------ Meeseeks spawned while in dimension have 1/2 of the usual 'go bad' time

#18398 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

POTC - you can steal all the points from another player and they can end up with a zero point game!

In P3's Ranger in the Ruins, you can eat a rotten apple and get negative points.

#18399 1 year ago

I really like this upgrade...allows me to see specific dimensions ...awesome Eric...

#18400 1 year ago

pinballM stumbled across an unfortunate bug in the public build -- If you try to start a challenge, and the game can't start for some reason (misisng balls, credits) it exits the challenge menu, but doesn't re-generate the attract mode 'pages', and will then crash if you touch a flipper button.

Some missed regression testing on my part. I made a change AFTER I had the "it didn't start right" bit in there and didn't re-test it. I will get that fixed, but not right away - in case anything else turns up. In the meantime, just be aware it's going to likely crash on you if the challenge fails to start correctly after you pick your adventure/dimension.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
9,699 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
There are 20,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 368 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/368 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.