(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 404.
#3251 3 years ago

Does the update take a while to install? Feel like my game has been stuck on the please wait screen for about 15 to 20 minutes. Will it tell me if the update failed or has it been known to freeze?

#3252 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Does the update take a while to install? Feel like my game has been stuck on the please wait screen for about 15 to 20 minutes. Will it tell me if the update failed or has it been known to freeze?

That’s definitely too long. Power cycle it and try again.

#3253 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That’s definitely too long. Power cycle it and try again.

Thanks ep, that did the trick!

#3254 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nice little highlight from Bowen's stream last night: https://clips.twitch.tv/ClumsyHumbleSangHoneyBadger
Full thing available too - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/641526390

Recognizing the death save is a nice resurrected feature from Data East games. Will they be allowed in tournaments now?

That lower left pop by the flipper isn't very active at all. Does it turn off and on in code or something? WAY less action than a sling in this video.

#3255 3 years ago

I doubt death saves will ever be allowed in tournaments. You can do what you like in the home but it’s cheating in competition.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Recognizing the death save is a nice resurrected feature from Data East games. Will they be allowed in tournaments now?
That lower left pop by the flipper isn't very active at all. Does it turn off and on in code or something? WAY less action than a sling in this video.

#3256 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I doubt death saves will ever be allowed in tournaments. You can do what you like in the home but it’s cheating in competition.

It's cheating even when the game is coded to recognize it? It's literally IN the game's rules. Cheating is generally accepted as meaning operating outside the rules.

And that leads me to...is there a Rick and Morty Death Save champion board for most Death Saves per game?

#3257 3 years ago

Is the death save Animation triggered by outlane switch followed by any other switch in play?

Curious of the logic you used to trigger it.

#3258 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is the death save Animation triggered by outlane switch followed by any other switch in play?
Curious of the logic you used to trigger it.

Yes, that’s what Bowen said on his stream.

#3259 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's cheating even when the game is coded to recognize it? It's literally IN the game's rules. Cheating is generally accepted as meaning operating outside the rules.

The game is also coded to let you restart by holding the start button after ball 1, but that’s not allowed in tournaments either. Your logic here is odd.

The death save thing is just for fun, because it seemed so ‘on brand’.

#3260 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The game is also coded to let you restart by holding the start button after ball 1, but that’s not allowed in tournaments either. Your logic here is odd.

The important question...

Is there a death save leaderboard?

#3261 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The important question...
Is there a death save leaderboard?

No. Just an Easter egg. Would ya’ll quit making me regret having fun? Sheesh.

#3262 3 years ago

love the death save

#3263 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What would the tournament players think of you if they knew you were having fun ? This is pinball , get serious , no time for fun .

#3264 3 years ago

It would be cool if there were a callout for when the game recognizes an "impossible" sequence of switches, such as occurs after a wild bounce into the shooter lane for example, along the lines of "WTF just happened?"

#3265 3 years ago

Already been done... "Dirty pool old man!"

#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Also “You cheat Dr. Jones”.

#3267 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That's clearly different because by doing that you're ending your game and starting another. Death Save is coded to remain within the bounds of the game.

What's the deal with the lethargic pop bumper, though? I was excited to see something NEW being tried, but it looks like a dud. Very little ball action off it from the stream.

#3268 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A death save champion board would be even more fun. We're trying to help you.

#3269 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's clearly different because by doing that you're ending your game and starting another. Death Save is coded to remain within the bounds of the game.
What's the deal with the lethargic pop bumper, though? I was excited to see something NEW being tried, but it looks like a dud. Very little ball action off it from the stream.

Didn’t see the stream but my pop bumper is more lethal then lethargic. Love it with a hate at times. Very creative.

#3270 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Didn’t see the stream but my pop bumper is more lethal then lethargic. Love it with a hate at times. Very creative.

I'd like to see a more active one on the next stream then. I was disappointed with what I saw of it on the 10 minutes of stream I watched. Good to hear it was an anomaly.

#3271 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd like to see a more active one on the next stream then. I was disappointed with what I saw of it on the 10 minutes of stream I watched. Good to hear it was an anomaly.

There are times when the pop is programmed to NOT fire. Are you sure it was not just that?

#3272 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd like to see a more active one on the next stream then. I was disappointed with what I saw of it on the 10 minutes of stream I watched.

10 whole minutes of one stream, huh?

Yeah, you should totally be giving the designers and programmers your notes.

#3273 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There are times when the pop is programmed to NOT fire. Are you sure it was not just that?

That's what I was originally asking because it seemed like it was dead, as if it were programmed to not kick.

#3274 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

10 whole minutes of one stream, huh?
Yeah, you should totally be giving the designers and programmers your notes.

You seem confused by the concept of a question. Because I was CLEARLY ASKING if the pop bumper was turned on and off by code because it seemed dead. For your reference:

"That lower left pop by the flipper isn't very active at all. Does it turn off and on in code or something?"

That's not a programmer note. In the english language, we generally accept that classic format as a question.

#3275 3 years ago

Go to around 12 mins 50 odd seconds - ball hits pop and goes straight into the horseshoe.

Seems to have plenty of kick.

Left ramp seems a tough shot to nail consistently though.

#3276 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Go to around 12 mins 50 odd seconds - ball hits pop and goes straight into the horseshoe.
Seems to have plenty of kick.

Thanks for the answer to my question. There's also a kick straight through the flippers with a ball save in that section.

#3277 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep - just asking questions.

#3278 3 years ago

English language, classic format no less!

#3279 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Would ya’ll quit making me regret having fun? Sheesh.

Do whatever you want! 99% of us "love" your work. 1% only "like" it because they feel the need to criticize and question things to feel important.

I love your work. Gimme what you got!

#3280 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You seem confused by the concept of a question. Because I was CLEARLY ASKING if the pop bumper was turned on and off by code because it seemed dead. For your reference:
"That lower left pop by the flipper isn't very active at all. Does it turn off and on in code or something?"
That's not a programmer note. In the english language, we generally accept that classic format as a question.

I don't think guitarded is confused by what a question is, it looks like the chain he was replying to is where you state:

"What's the deal with the lethargic pop bumper, though? I was excited to see something NEW being tried, but it looks like a dud. Very little ball action off it from the stream?"

In this sentence, you attribute that the lethargic nature of he pop bumper to it being new.

#3281 3 years ago

The pop bumper on my machine is anything but lethargic.

#3282 3 years ago

How many have received butter cabs? Impressions?

#3283 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How many have received butter cabs? Impressions?

I have. #34. Butter cab looks amazing. I have it well spaced but still next to my ACNC butter cab and I specifically like looking at one side of either cab and seeing the glossy reflection of the other cab looking back.

#3284 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I have. #34. Butter cab looks amazing. I have it well spaced but still next to my ACNC butter cab and I specifically like looking at one side of either cab and seeing the glossy reflection of the other cab looking back.

Post a pic so we can tell how excellent the butter cabinet really is.

#3285 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Also, "Sneaky Lock!"

#3286 3 years ago

10 Minutes of a Bowen Stream isn't going to show off the Pop. Bowen is a control player and if you want to see him utilize the Pop, you are gonna have to ask him to do so.

Watch Karl or Jack Danger play. Their Pops are both scorching fast and because they both will play with a lot less intent on maintaining control, you will see the Pop in action.

But, it's danger and Bowen generally avoids dangerous plays in pinball.

Or, don't and keep asking questions rudely.

#3287 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Yep - just asking questions.

You missed the kicker .... ie.

#3288 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

The colour in both acnc and rm would be perfect for butter I would think.

#3289 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why is that? It’s a skill just like every other pinball skill. It’s not random or pure luck. Is it too easy once you get the hang of it?

#3290 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I don't think guitarded is confused by what a question is, it looks like the chain he was replying to is where you state:
"What's the deal with the lethargic pop bumper, though? I was excited to see something NEW being tried, but it looks like a dud. Very little ball action off it from the stream?"
In this sentence, you attribute that the lethargic nature of he pop bumper to it being new.

Well, if you completely ignore the very clear question that came before that, I guess that works.

#3291 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why is that? It’s a skill just like every other pinball skill. It’s not random or pure luck. Is it too easy once you get the hang of it?

According to a large proportion of people it is not in the general spirit of the game. Same as slide saves and bang backs. It's a grey area though, and subjective.

#3292 3 years ago

Really I don’t understand why is this being blame on spooky regarding a death save program issue, please argue with your local tournament personal, spooky just added a feature for fun No need to make this a big deal. Let’s make pinball great again....ooh wait am I going to get hate for using someone’s slogan now? Now I feel like a meeseek there’s no point to love life in this world.

#3293 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Watch Karl or Jack Danger play. Their Pops are both scorching fast and because they both will play with a lot less intent on maintaining control, you will see the Pop in action.

Uhh... Karl is about as skilled of a control player as you’ll see... Your ultimate point that that the pop is plenty powerful is correct though. :-p

#3294 3 years ago

Not a huge deal, but I wish the mode objectives would be displayed a little sooner. For instance, on Purge when Ricks ship is being stolen from Morty, it would be convenient to be able to read the rules during the animation, prior to the ball being ejected from the scoop. Hope this isn't due to a licensing issue.

On a side note, I'm really loving the new update. Ripping that spinner always felt good, but is even more enjoyable now with the shaker. Almost makes me feel like the anti-gravity device could maybe use a little force feedback as well.

#3295 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Really I don’t understand why is this being blame on spooky regarding a death save program issue, please argue with your local tournament personal, spooky just added a feature for fun No need to make this a big deal. Let’s make pinball great again....ooh wait am I going to get hate for using someone’s slogan now? Now I feel like a meeseek there’s no point to love life in this world.

Whaaaat? Just talking about death saves in general. Nothing to do with Spooky. Cool feature if R&M recognizes and rewards them.

#3296 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Uhh... Karl is about as skilled of a control player as you’ll see...

Karl is a monster player.

But he flips on the fly a lot more than Bowen does, as far as I can tell. I'm not studying film here. Just biding my time waiting by watching streams.

But, yeah...all of those guys are really good players who can play with as much control as they want to.

#3297 3 years ago

Just confirming this is the Shaker to buy for this game? Or are they beginning to install the Shaker at factory?

https://www.pinballlife.com/spooky-pinball-shaker-motor-kit-for-p-roc-system-machines.html

#3298 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just confirming this is the Shaker to buy for this game? Or are they beginning to install the Shaker at factory?
https://www.pinballlife.com/spooky-pinball-shaker-motor-kit-for-p-roc-system-machines.html

Factory option - the code for the shaker just got implemented.

#3299 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That is the correct shaker.

#3300 3 years ago

Is the shaker already supported properly with the last code? Have to choose my options today and still think about the best setting. Has anyone ordered the plastic protectors btw? Couldn´t find a pic or description so far. I would guess it´s a pair of clear plastics for the slingshots or is there even more protection? At the moment I would go for the plastics, the RGB speakers, the interior sidegraphics and the target decals.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,800 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.