(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 404.
#9801 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So a few things.
No one has played a standard (just as a point)
But additionally, if a person hasn't played a R&M they shouldn't be reviewing it.
More people have NOT played a R&M than have.

I agree that you shouldn't review a game you haven't played, but if you've played the BSE Edition then you've played a Standard. It's the same exact game with a different trim color.

#9802 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No one has played a standard

Those who have played a standard, built out of order due to bulk overseas shipping considerations, would probably disagree with this statement.

#9803 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Those who have played a standard, built out of order due to bulk overseas shipping considerations, would probably disagree with this statement.

Wasn't aware of that, but...that number is? loowwwwwww

#9804 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wasn't aware of that, but...that number is? loowwwwwww

Unless you're reviewing powder coat coloring, the point is moot as they're the same exact game under the glass.

#9805 3 years ago

BSD and standard should not have separate ratings in the first place. I am pretty certain that armor color does not affect gameplay one iota.

#9806 3 years ago

I wasn't clear, I'm not debating they are the same game. But it doesn't matter. ^^ what he said.

#9807 3 years ago

I played a standard way back in March at Pinball Life!

Actually, it was the prototype but it didn’t have all the bling so yeah it was a standard!

349E4257-8EE8-47B1-BDF7-3C13564541BD (resized).png349E4257-8EE8-47B1-BDF7-3C13564541BD (resized).png
#9808 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I played a standard way back in March at Pinball Life!
Actually, it was the prototype but it didn’t have all the bling so yeah it was a standard! [quoted image]

That one on the left of R&M is a legend. Wish I could play one more game on trilogy again.

#9809 3 years ago

Yea, my standard plays the same as my buddy down the roads BSE. I think there are 4 standards here in N.z.qnd a few more in Aussie too

IMG20200927102049 (resized).jpgIMG20200927102049 (resized).jpg
#9810 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Yea, my standard plays the same as my buddy down the roads BSE. I think there are 4 standards here in N.z.qnd a few more in Aussie too
[quoted image]

After seeing mine so much, it looks strange to see the grey speaker panel on that

#9811 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

After seeing mine so much, it looks strange to see the grey speaker panel on that

I like the grey trim
It looks good how it blends in with the black of the top of the cab,

Totally agree that standard shouldn't have its own rating...... But BSE owners rating a standard, is a lot more qualified then say.. someone who put 3 games at the local bar, had thier ass handed to them, got shitty about it, then rated 4/10 when they get home (there are heaps of those in the BSE ratings)

#9812 3 years ago

I’m going to have to find some speaker covers for my standard. Standard comes with purple legs? I will upgrade to the purple coin door. Purple on the bottom of the machine and grey up top.

#9813 3 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

Standard comes with purple legs?

No, the wrong legs shipped with some of the aforementioned overseas Standards.

#9814 3 years ago

(To be) standard pleb here. Personally I greatly prefer the gray siderails and maybe even the speaker panel, but I really like how the purple legs tie into that part of the machine's artwork (same reason I prefer the "dark space continuum" of the Standard siderails over the artwork).

Memo to Spooky: When Order 2000 / Game 738 hits the line, if you have any purple legs left that you don't know what to do with, I'll glady take a set, buy some extra protectors, and promise not to complain about 'em!

#9815 3 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

I’m going to have to find some speaker covers for my standard. Standard comes with purple legs? I will upgrade to the purple coin door. Purple on the bottom of the machine and grey up top.

Nah, they come with grey legs, spooky sent me purple by mistake, and I don't care enough about something like that to email them asking for the correct color, plus I think the purple legs look pretty sweet on there

#9816 3 years ago

I think many BSE buyers bought the BSE because they would get the games first. If I was in AUS and knew I’d get the game with the same timing, I’d probably go standard also. I love the purple however.

#9817 3 years ago

I was not ready for another game that is why I went standard. Have a DE Simpsons coming also. So I need to store two games. Need more room.

#9818 3 years ago

I wanted the BSE for the color scheme etc.. but was not ready for the game (and still am not... lol) so I requested the highest possible BSE number from my distributor. Looks like my time is coming soon so I need to figure out how to deal with 5 pins with room for 4. Ugh.. I really do not want to get rid of one and I think ACNC might be on the chopping block as much as I love that game, unless I can clear out enough of the garage to house ACNC in there.

#9819 3 years ago

If anyone is having issues with the tight loop shot not registering I highly recommend the magnetic reed switch from M&M creations. Pm Sonic. Went in easy, really satisfying having that shot register finally. I also replaced the right loop switch next to it. Was having issues with the ball hanging up on it.

#9820 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

If anyone is having issues with the tight loop shot not registering I highly recommend the magnetic reed switch from M&M creations. Pm Sonic. Went in easy, really satisfying having that shot register finally. I also replaced the right loop switch next to it. Was having issues with the ball hanging up on it.

Thanks Drew!!!

#9821 3 years ago

marking this for later.

#9822 3 years ago

Been waiting to ask if someone had thrown this in and if it fits in both position of that loop. If I am in for one, I think I am in for 2...

#9823 3 years ago

So this works the best for me. Longer metal leaf

20210111_132051 (resized).jpg20210111_132051 (resized).jpg20210111_132114 (resized).jpg20210111_132114 (resized).jpg
#9824 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

So this works the best for me. Longer metal leaf
[quoted image][quoted image]

What's up with the foil?

#9825 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

What's up with the foil?

..At first look I thought I saw a pile of weed in there.....

#9826 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

What's up with the foil?

Collect Solder or crap that falls when repairing so it doesnt end up in the cabinet, just a guess tho

#9827 3 years ago

Good Evening All,

Trying to help my buddy get his machine together but the bolt that secures the head just drops through the center hole and there doesn't appear to be anything for it to thread to and no where that appears correct. Is this the correct or are we missing a part?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Resized_20210111_171541 (resized).jpegResized_20210111_171541 (resized).jpeg
#9828 3 years ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

Good Evening All,
Trying to help my buddy get his machine together but the bolt that secures the head just drops through the center hole and there doesn't appear to be anything for it to thread to and no where that appears correct. Is this the correct or are we missing a part?
[quoted image]

That bolt looks kinda small. Fold the head forward again and look on the cabinet part that the head lines up with. Are there threads present? If so, your bolt's too small or too short. If not, then you need a T-nut or whatever Spooky uses there so the bolt has something to go into.

#9829 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That bolt looks kinda small. Drop the head and look on the cabinet part that the head lines up with. Are there threads present? If so, your bolt's too small. If not, then you need a T-nut or whatever Spooky uses there so the bolt has something to go into.

Yes we have been all around the upper cab and lower and there is nothing at all.

#9830 3 years ago

Yes we have been all around the upper cab and lower and there is nothing at all.

Should have a washer under that bolt too, to contact the earth braid.

rd

#9831 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Spent this afternoon solving my R&M audio issues. Solution cost $10 I purchased this spacer from Amazon and bought 4 2" screws to accommodate the spacer/cabinet

Shout out to snaroff here on the felt MDF spacer ring for the subwoofer.
I spent the $10 thinking "meh, what could it hurt."
Left my screen on.

It improved my sound/vibration issues 10 fold.
Didn't even realize how rough it was.

#9832 3 years ago

Started a flipper bushing adjustment this evening. Fairly easy and straight forward. Fuck, what a nuisance tightening the flipper though, frustration.

Made an old rewards points flipper spacer.
I also tore up an old beat up switch stack, I got two wafers out of it to space the one side of the flipper plate up on the “inside” of it to level out the flipper also. One down, one to go.

0C6DF264-46EF-4A72-A948-9860FD497642 (resized).jpeg0C6DF264-46EF-4A72-A948-9860FD497642 (resized).jpeg18732D1A-2EC9-4324-8AD9-1088221701A3 (resized).jpeg18732D1A-2EC9-4324-8AD9-1088221701A3 (resized).jpeg717F968A-6BE0-43F4-8B1F-D7DF27B38073 (resized).jpeg717F968A-6BE0-43F4-8B1F-D7DF27B38073 (resized).jpeg
#9833 3 years ago

May I ask where your ordered the bright buttons?

Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Quick review for those interested...
The hooked on pinball lighted rail kit and pinball life RaM hinges.
I was a bit skeptical on the hinges I liked them but also felt bad taking off the spooky logo from the hinge / machine. They looked good but look a lot better lit up... like Rick himself I suppose.
The portal light is nice as well and really sticks out when your in a dim room or without the overhead lights up.
Install - install was easy. Really just a screw driver and some clear tape and 1 socket to swap the hinges if you do that as well.
Overall I am happy with it. And looks good with the bright button upgrade as well.
On suggestion would make is that I would like to have ability to have it fade I and out. Something simple set it and forget it like the bright buttons use... that would really make it pop and stand out.
Right not they are just on or off with the button.
If anyone know how to make that happen (fade in and out) let me knownthat would look bad ass[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#9834 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Anti rattle tape arrived today.
Outcome = fantastic. Dampens the bass from the glass, even dampens and softens up the shaker on machine overall. Good stuff. Now what to do with 5 rolls!?. As 5 rolls was cheaper than 2 on Amazon.
I will use on my DP as I swapped out al the speakers in it and have a tad bit of glass rattle here and there on it
[quoted image]

Is this the stuff you bought?

2FEC08D4-4D98-4C21-B187-22FE3EF537AB (resized).png2FEC08D4-4D98-4C21-B187-22FE3EF537AB (resized).png
#9835 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Is this the stuff you bought?[quoted image]

Yup, do it.

#9836 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

What's up with the foil?

Just laid some down as a barrier and in case I wanted to smoke some heroin

#9837 3 years ago

Good Evening All,
[quoted image]

There isn't a hole further to the left? I also had a washer too

#9838 3 years ago

Someone is sitting at a desk wondering why there's a run on Anti rattle tape.

#9839 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

Just laid some down as a barrier and in case I wanted to smoke some heroin

Always an A1 plan.

As the scouts say .... “Be prepared”

Thumbs up!

rd

#9840 3 years ago

Game froze on latest code. Not sure if Spooky folks are tuned in on this thread. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/870642069

#9841 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Game froze on latest code. Not sure if Spooky folks are tuned in on this thread. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/870642069

They are. See any post by @epthegeek.

#9842 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

That’s not a freeze. It’s a logic/timing issue when you end an adventure exactly when the ball drains and it doesn’t proceed to the bonus right away that I haven’t figured out mostly because i haven’t been able to recreate it. This is the first report of it happening on purge, and the first video of it that I’ve gotten, so thanks. It should have gone onto The bonus after 30 seconds of nothing happening though, there’s a catch-all if it gets lost.

#9843 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Been waiting to ask if someone had thrown this in and if it fits in both position of that loop. If I am in for one, I think I am in for 2...

I installed 3 last week. The two like you mentioned and the third one in the inner (spinner) loop. I adjusted the ball guide on the to the point where the inner loop switch became questionable.

They’re really fantastic switches. Highly recommended.

#9844 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That’s not a freeze. It’s a logic/timing issue when you end an adventure exactly when the ball drains and it doesn’t proceed to the bonus right away that I haven’t figured out mostly because i haven’t been able to recreate it. This is the first report of it happening on purge...

Happened to me on Get Schwifty.

Multi-ball + Get Schwifty + end of mode, all balls drained at the same time. ‘Perfect storm’ kind of thing.

#9845 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Happened to me on Get Schwifty.
Multi-ball + Get Schwifty + end of mode, all balls drained at the same time. ‘Perfect storm’ kind of thing.

Schwifty is what has been getting reported - doesn't matter about the multiball.

#9846 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I installed 3 last week. The two like you mentioned and the third one in the inner (spinner) loop. I adjusted the ball guide on the to the point where the inner loop switch became questionable.
They’re really fantastic switches. Highly recommended.

I put two MRS on our machine, they work flawlessly. Cannot recommend the seller enough.

#9847 3 years ago

So does anyone know why the flippers get stuck UP after they are hit pretty hard from a pop slam or scoop return?

#9848 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

So does anyone know why the flippers get stuck UP after they are hit pretty hard from a pop slam or scoop return?

If your flipper is sticking up on R&M it's usually the EOS needs adjusting, adjust it so its made very slightly earlier than it is now. Too early and you'll suffer a lot of flipper knockdowns, too late and you'll get sticking flippers. This is of course assuming you don't have any mechanical binding going on.

#9849 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

the PinballPro Anti-Rattle Tape AR-1 is expensive, but works as advertised.

Thanks for the mention, keep in mind folks this is enough to do approximately 3 games. So for about $6.65 a game seems like the least expensive thing out these days!

#9850 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Thanks for the mention, keep in mind folks this is enough to do approximately 3 games. So for about $6.65 a game seems like the least expensive thing out these days!

Do you just apply one strip to the top of the glass or is there some other way to install it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 20,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/197 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.