(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7D6D3928-CBAA-4B77-9399-16C3A351E2F8 (resized).jpeg
20231227_100828 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justeverett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago

See y'all mother fuckers in the Summer! Can't wait!

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

#234 checking in!

#235 here...wanna swap spots? lol

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I kinda like the 2-3-4 sequence!
Hoping for an August delivery but based on a recent post talking about containers and butter builds, I don't think there's anyway to accurately predict, but no worries, anytime is a good time for R&M!

I think July-August is definitely possible, but there's not much point in sweating when it gets built. Other than I want to travel up and pick it up! Wanted to do that with Alice Cooper, but life did not allow for it.

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why are decals safe from rings and watches but not a cleared cab?
The whole “It’s $1000 more but fragile AF” thing will keep me from ever going butter. Decals look fine, and I don’t look at the cab while playing.

I haven't read anywhere if decals could be applied onto butter cabs. I went with butter for ACNC because I think the art is some of the best ever put on a pin, but I plan on it staying in my basement for a very long time. With R&M I'm passing on butter because I would like to get it out in the wild for others to play. Don't want to sweat having it damaged.

#398 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is butter fragile or something? I’ve never seen it.

I worry more about it chipping off, but honestly I don't know. I bought some Vivak flipper button protectors from playfield protectors. Trying to do as much as I can to just preserve the finish.

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Just listened to the recent podcast w/ Scott, that dude is way too humble. I've heard him say a couple times "It sold out because of the license, it has nothing to do with me". I can't speak for everyone but just want to clarify for myself at least (cause I know he's around here somewhere), there are VERY FEW designers I would've blindly trusted on a purchase like this, regardless of theme. TNA is one of the sickest, freshest pins I've had the pleasure of playing and I figured if R+M turned out half as good I'd be more than content with it. And after seeing the gameplay videos I can confidently say I'd be buyer even if it was a straightforward "TNA 2.0" theme.
Wanted to throw that out there so he'll hopefully quit downplaying his importance on this game.

For me it was definitely a combination of the theme and Scott. I'm a big fan of Spooky and TNA, so I couldn't pass it up. You don't get passion from any other pinball company out there, but Spooky and their whole team are diehard pinheads (and it shows). Hell look at Eric in the threads constantly talking to everyone. Eric killed the commentary during the DF stream too. How much more do have to say before someone says I need to suck a d*ck? jfc

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Reminds me of that old joke but repurposed..
"So weirdest thing happen to me the other day guys... I was on pinside forum talking about how much I wanted a RaM and I got a PM from this guy JustEverett and he was like:
'Yooo this game is so great and I heard you want 1. If you let me suck your dick I'll give you mine."
Weirdest damn experience of my life. What a freak right?
Anyway. I love playing the hell out of this pin. "

Way to much dick sucking and not nearly enough ball fondling going on in this thread...but maybe that's just me.

#452 4 years ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I see PinballLife has posted their Rick and Morty hinges! https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-200-0101-00
I hope they can/or will consider offering these in the standard powder coat color for us lonely standard buyers!

Damn these look good. Ordered. Guess I'll be looking at a couple spare hinges for a few months.

#458 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I like the Rick and Morty hinges a lot... but I was really looking forward to having the spooky Lemmy ghost hinges and maybe getting them lit up like on the TNA.
Is that even a mod they offer?
Hinges with the Lemmy ghost lit up definitely look better black though... hmmmm so many things to choose from.
Do the Rick and Morty hinges light up?
It would be nice to see a picture of the RM hinges on a BSE RM to help us decide!!!

I just liked the look and couldn't help it. Definitely no lighting up, but that would be cool.

#482 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I like the hinges, but think I would really have to take a sharpie and dot in the pupils.[quoted image]

No way man...the silhouettes look awesome. I'm not sure why anyone would want to try to add this to Spooky's factory options. Back box hindges are a 10 min swap out. Why complicate the process for them?

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I like black way better than the purple. I don't like the coin door standing out. Plus the black works well with the artwork.

Same here. The black just fits the art better imo.

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I was thinking the same thing! This game needs Pinside reviews. There is only one brief review that though positive in tone overall also implies that the game is “clunky” due to geometry.
Hilton - thanks for taking the time to post such an awesomely detailed review! Please take another minute to copy and paste your review to the ratings section for R&M!

Reviews will come once more people have a chance to play it

#803 4 years ago

I actually don’t care so much about ratings, but I am a bit concerned that with most early games going out to locations and the first batch of owners not posting reviews yet that the rating herd momentum could be skewed to a negative bias by players frustrated by what’s sounding like a harder than average pin. Clusters of opinion tend to generate its own momentum even if untrue. The only rating thus far has R&M sitting at 33 between Ghostbusters and Creature. Not shabby but not where it sounds like this game belongs.
If you’ve got one and like it, say so in a rating. Tell others outside of the club what you think. If future code updates and/or factory assembly adjustments make it better or worse, tweak the review.

The ratings are meaningless with so few. It just takes time for a game to settle into a spot in the rankings, as it should. Go look at the ranking history of any game on pinside. They all have large variation early on because there is too little data, then the curve smooths out.

#1064 4 years ago

Pictures don’t do the butter cabinets justice, but here are a few of my ACNC.

081D6989-E1F4-4787-8F1C-46FA4E5A18F8 (resized).jpeg081D6989-E1F4-4787-8F1C-46FA4E5A18F8 (resized).jpeg1263EC62-3E5C-48A9-BDE3-501632E0D1CA (resized).jpeg1263EC62-3E5C-48A9-BDE3-501632E0D1CA (resized).jpeg27E89AAC-9D7D-4138-A975-C0E384F90A30 (resized).jpeg27E89AAC-9D7D-4138-A975-C0E384F90A30 (resized).jpeg699814AA-2F80-46A0-A08D-009EB1E3FCAE (resized).jpeg699814AA-2F80-46A0-A08D-009EB1E3FCAE (resized).jpeg
#1138 4 years ago

The latest episode of the Pinball Players Podcast has a really good segment about host Jeff Parsons' contribution to Rick and Morty as the voice of the narrator in the "Life of Roy" mode. Man, I cannot wait to laugh my ass off at all the great callouts in this game.
https://pinballplayerspodcast.libsyn.com/

1 week later
#1368 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

I know the Meeseeks already feature in the game, but a Teach Jerry to Golf would work as a multiball mode. Jerry Day Care probably has enough video clips, too. The family killing the Cronenburgs would work too, except that we don’t have Jerry/Beth/Summer V/O.

Every time you miss a shot, it adds a ball (another Meeseeks) and just makes it more difficult to hit the next shot lol. That would be hilarious.

#1426 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I really dont want to sell mine #148 but a crazy offer might change my mind lol

I've told all my friends that it would take a crazy offer to make me sell my spot at this point. This game just looks too damn good to pass up.

3 weeks later
#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Have not finished listening yet, but Im really interested in the custom art for TFTC Charlie is talking about!

Me too! The ACNC is my favorite artwork on a pinball machine, so I can't wait to see what he did with TFTC.

#1970 3 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Have not finished listening yet, but Im really interested in the custom art for TFTC Charlie is talking about!

Zornow Must Be Destroyed just shared this on his Instagram account. Man I can’t wait to see the final product Charlie puts together!

01DDAB6D-78F0-4C9C-9A39-33607437F5C0 (resized).jpeg01DDAB6D-78F0-4C9C-9A39-33607437F5C0 (resized).jpeg
#2025 3 years ago

It’s neat how they are all coming out of a portal and so the green from that plus the purple edges do line up with the the colors on the pin...
Maybe someone that has a RM already will buy one and post a pic of it on their machine, that would be nice!
Photo shop anyone...???
I’m out at work otherwise I would try it if I was home on my computer.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm a big fan of Brian Allen's work (I bought his MB alternate backglass and a frame he built when I was at Pinburgh last year), but this is just a total miss for R&M. It just doesn't fit the theme. It's like he took what he did with MB, AFM, and MM, and just copy pasted the work to R&M. Hard pass for me. I would never put that in my game.

#2029 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

He didn't draw it especially for the R&M pin.
Quote from Brian;
This Rick and Morty illustration is something I did officially for Cartoon Network a few years ago and was sold on t-shirts at Hot Topic.

Nowhere in my comment did I say he drew it for the R&M pin. Brian's releasing a backglass that just doesn't fit the theme imo. It is definitely his style of art, but just doesn't mesh with R&M. Or R&M the pin for that matter.

1 week later
#2116 3 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

He also said he removed 4 screws at the begin of the stream, fwiw. I will also be removing those screws from mine when i get it one sunny day!

He also mentioned that Spooky is going to start doing the fixes at the factory.

#2217 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

So after watching the JD stream with wide open swearing I was curious since I can't remember. Does the game have a 1% setting and does it have a setting to automatically change to a different value at a certain time?

This has been discussed before, and they aren't going to do it. I'm pretty sure epthegeek said it will be way too much of a pain to code in.

#2290 3 years ago

I was finally able to flip R&M on Monday. Oooohhhh weEEEeeee. The particular game I was playing had the upper orbit shot fix done. I was totally surprised by how the game shot in a lot of ways. For me the orbit was like butter and the garage shot makeable (albeit very tough). In the second game I played, I hit the upper orbit 3x and collected a solid skill shot (but typically hit it 1-2x and often missed the collect). The difficulty of the ramps really surprised me (particularly the left ramp). I did suggest to the owner that increasing the right flipper power could help on the left. The right was very repeatable from a cradle on the right flipper, but I struggled to find the shot from the left flipper. The scoop seemed to reject a lot, so I'm hoping iepinball shares any fixes on the scoop after mentioning it on the last stream. I couldn't stop fiddling with the magna save. It's a ton of fun to see how it can affect the momentum of the ball (even when it ends up down the drain).

As tough as R&M shoots, I was hooked. It's been said over and over by those who have played the game that this is some of the best theme integration and light shows (if not the best) in pinball. Both are accurate and not an overstatement imo. Per what I expected from a game Scott designed, all the sounds are over the top in the best way. The callouts are hilarious and really help you to forget that you are just dumping coins and being brutalized every game. Well done to TheNoTrashCougar epthegeek SpookyCharlie bkerins David Van Es and everyone involved in this game. It is excellent game that I think will be a hit for many years to come.

#2506 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

I started to airbrush my rick and morty.
I don’t like the purple on the machine, for me green looks much better (the green parts becomes a design like the portal)
The apron I made black, to match better the color from the inside decals and Playfield.
First step is the apron.
And step by step the rest in the next weeks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That apron looks amazing!

2 weeks later
#2672 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Holy shit was Episode 7 last night something funny!!

"Do you suffer from Alzheimer's?" That shit killed me.

#2689 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

...no....just...no! This is absolutely not a casual player's game! IMO of course.
I play occasionally with my GF who was an arcade rat in the 80's and loved Firepower back in the day. I have TNA, too....and she loves that probably more than any other game I have in my man cave, including AFM.
She *hates* R&M. Which is no harm, no foul because we're not married and in our mid 50's with our own kids, our own separate houses, etc.
But if I was married and making a mutual decision involving potentially shared finances for the intention of playing together? I would not purchase R&M with any hope of sharing it with my casual-playing wife.

I have to agree, unless someone is a big fan of the show. I could see this game drawing in a casual player who loves the show. I do think based on the original posters comment about his wife loving the TNA lightshow and sound, I think R&M could fit that bill. Scott does lights and sound like nobody else. My advice is just play it. Especially if you aren't sure.

Personally, I think the game is brutal, but it kept me playing for hours the one afternoon I played it. I could definitely see it defeating a casual players (I felt like it kicked my ass, and i play quite a bit), but even getting my ass kicked on it was a blast.

#2731 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

why not talk about both ?
Kaneda should be getting his game #50 any day now.

Anyone wanna take bets on this? I'm guessing Kaneda never takes delivery of his game and flips it. Thoughts?

2 weeks later
#3112 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Decided to sell my BSE preorder slot. Game 246. I can’t wait to play the game someday but I don’t think I need to own it. Please PM me if interested.

#235 here, and I've played it (#22 not my own game). You are definitely making a mistake.

#3115 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is there a plan to add other multi ball modes besides the Gromflomite battle?

Beta that just dropped has Meeseeks Mania. Go check out the IEpinball latest vid on Twitch

#3166 3 years ago

Seeing what Stern is pulling with the new JP topper activated mode, I just have to give a shoutout to Spooky. Eric is killing this code, and Spooky secured a massive amount of original content and asset for this game. Spooky is working hard to deliver additional modes for as long as they can under the license at no additional cost to the buyers. I can't say enough how much I love Spooky as a company for what they are bringing to the pinball industry. You guys rock!

#3169 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea I’m a spooky fan for life!

Spooky was my first (and only) NIB purchase with ACNC. R&M will be my second NIB. I'm really proud to support a company like Spooky. They strike me as a team of people that really try to do the right thing. Every time I see another company pull some BS, it makes me even happier I choose to buy Spooky.

#3322 3 years ago

Kaneda just posted this fix in the Facebook group, so I thought I would share. I’ve only played one R&M but I definitely had issues with scoop rejects. This is one solution to keep in mind.

EFF27F6F-D38F-4B3E-A368-EE10E082922B (resized).pngEFF27F6F-D38F-4B3E-A368-EE10E082922B (resized).png
#3344 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

For sure! We don't lower those at the factory as a way to protect the wood edge long term! Believe me we spend hours deliberating everything here lol. Seems like every change has Pros/Cons. We really try to be transparent and helpful. Denying everything and claiming our machines are perfect is not our thing

That was my first concern when seeing the "fix", but I did have a ton of trouble making the shot the one day I played the game. And I have always struggled with the scoop on TNA.

2 weeks later
#3894 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've only had my game about 11 days and was on vacation for 3 of those and I just did an audit dump and was surprised to see I already have 169 games played.
-only 7 extra balls.
[quoted image]

I rarely snag an extra ball on my ACNC. My guess is the rules guru Bowen wants it that way. I could be wrong, but limiting most games to 3 balls really prepares players for tournament style play when no extra balls are allowed.

#4042 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

SPOOKY,Will you please have these small things fixed!!!I have had it with buying a new pin and have to do modifications just to get the pin to play correctly!! Now pay attention here SPOOKY,these are the reasons we are going with SPOOKY,now,because Stern can't put out a pin that works from the factory! AP blew it with "Houdini" and "Willy Wonka" was not that good either!! Thanks!!

I'm starting to wonder how many R&M buyers are first time NIB owners (or even pinball owners in general). I've unboxed a lot of games from every manufacturer currently building except American, and there are always issues. I helped unbox a JJP pirates at a local bar and there were all kinds of issues out of the box. I also unboxed another JJP Pirates at a friends and did almost nothing right out of the box. Pinball machines are a complex mess of electronics, mechanisms, and hardware. They are going to have problems. Just calm down and know that Spooky will do more than any other manufacturer out there to help you fix them.

#4055 3 years ago

I totally agree with this. Silence = acceptance.

Literally no one on the forum is saying anyone should be silent about issues. We were all responding to a guy who came on here ranting rather than attempting to have a meaningful discussion.

1 week later
#4271 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

not to worry. a few months lost. 12 more to go.

This the guy refusing to wear a mask in public and saying covid isn't real.

3 weeks later
#4694 3 years ago

Man 235 can't come quick enough. I'm so ready to play this game some more!

#4803 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone with a machine check the bars alongside the scoop aren't lifting. I just had the right one on mine lift right out of the hole and move across slightly, luckily I noticed immediately and switched the machine off. Hitting it with a ball could possibly have scratched the playfield.[quoted image]

Yikes that's not good. Several posts in the ACNC thread about this same issue on the upper pf for the same type of post.

#4838 3 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I fear that these posts only serve to reduce the amount on content available in the end. With the regular updates we are blessed to be receiving, it clearly shows that the game is in the best of hands, and as long as the game is being updated there will of course be bugs appearing.
The alternative route is the Stern route where games just risk being abandoned and owners left in the dark.
Full faith in Eric from my end across the pond.

As dickish as posts like that are, I don't see them holding Eric or Spooky back. Clearly the whole team has a serious passion for pinball and this project specifically. They ain't stoppin' any time soon.

#4958 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Rick and Morty Season 4 is being released on DVD in just over a month! September 22, 2020 according to Amazon!
Very exciting!

Why wait on DVDs? Season 4 is already available to buy on amazon prime.

#4960 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the DVD release was necessary before the video assets from season 4 would be made available for Spooky to use in the game.

Ahhh that's interesting. Didn't know that. Bring on the slut dragons!

shadow-jacker-the-elder-slut-dragon-has-been-in-isolation-for-eons (resized).jpgshadow-jacker-the-elder-slut-dragon-has-been-in-isolation-for-eons (resized).jpg
#5004 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Great. Uninformed people talking about Covid. How fun.

You could skip the first 5 minutes

#5077 3 years ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

Doubt its going anywhere at $99,000...
ebay.com link » Rick And Morty Pinball 50 Butter Cabinet Baby

The dude certainly knows how to get attention...but that seems to be about it.

#5093 3 years ago

This is exactly what happened when the Aussie shipment when out with Alice Cooper. It totally throws the whole number tracking game off and people start going off the rails about what's shipped. We will see a big bounce in numbers once Spooky gets back to state side games. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath (or maybe inhale something else) and calm down.

#5094 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

This is exactly what happened when the Aussie shipment when out with Alice Cooper. It totally throws the whole number tracking game off and people start going off the rails about what's shipped. We will see a big bounce in numbers once Spooky gets back to state side games. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath (or maybe inhale something else) and calm down.

#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

We're all just eager and excited for our games!

I am too. I'm also tired of the constant obsessing everyone is doing over what number has shipped everyday. The obsession seems an to be an asinine exercise to me.

#5101 3 years ago

I’m totally kidding here...
[quoted image]
Oh and is it getting closer to #653 yet?

Well opinions and buttholes...everybody's got one.

#5189 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

I think the flexing piece of plastic is going to need an upgrade or redesign to work long term.
[quoted image]

I just had an idea of a fix for this. I will start working on it and report back for all the owners.

#5208 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It’s August and year end won’t be much longer. Sure this is a fan/game thread ... but what do you think of R&M’s chances to win TWIPY for best game ??? Most owners and players opinion ranges from pleased to over-the-moon. I’d handicap it at 75% right now, with new releases still to come.

Odds are low imo. GNR will be out before year end, so that's the only remaining big wildcard I can think of. Given that there were not many titles released this year, it's basically between Turtles and R&M at this point. Then likely GNR. Given Spooky's small share of the market, I think it will be hard to get the votes for R&M over Turtles or GNR. Time will tell I guess. I guess I'm kind of leaving out Hot Wheels, which I haven't had a chance to play yet.

#5212 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

In a temporary spot until I can shuffle some games around. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Time to roll mother fucker!

#5237 3 years ago

I won't have my game for another month or so, so I can't measure the problem plastic under the spaceship. If anyone who currently has a game is willing to take some measurements please DM me. Thanks!

#5280 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCliftron:

#219 Just invoiced for options this morning

Ok...I'm getting excited. So damn close.

#5281 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I just had an idea of a fix for this. I will start working on it and report back for all the owners.

Follow-up on this as I decide whether to move forward with design and production. I'm looking about ~$500 at least up front costs into this fix plus variable cost of material and time going forward. I figure my breakeven will be selling about 100 units at $30. I see pinball life has the replacement plastic available for $2. The fix I'm coming up with would be a 1 time fix and it would never break again.

So would all the owners rather just keep replacing the plastic with the Pinball life replacement? Or would everyone be willing to spend $30 for a lifetime fix?

#5288 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm getting excited, too. I'm looking for an invite to play that sucker

*Blood sucker

1 week later
#5480 3 years ago

New Spooky Podcast up (in video format). They are talking numbers and production.

#5513 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wubba lubba dub dub!!! 162 is in the house!
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11GDZLe8GTB5yF
I took a few live photos and a 4k walkaround video to try and show off the butter - it really is stunning in person. ZERO regrets on that.
The sound system in this game is the best I've heard in a pin - awesome bass. Unfortunately this translates into massive, and I mean MASSIVE glass rattle.
I'm about to try padding it with some fuzzy velcro - anyone else run into this and have words of wisdom?

Phoenix person looks badass in butter!

#5534 3 years ago

Invoice for 235 received. Out of town for Labor Day weekend, but I’ll get it paid Monday when I’m back.

#5671 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Once you read "great code moment" and don' turn back.....I don't know what to say!

He just needs something to complain about...pay him no mind.

#5752 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

What type of rubbers are included from Spooky? I'm assuming not Titans?

Pinball Life

#5792 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Okay....I have to ask. In recent days, I have see multiple spots sell for $3k - $4k. Some of those spots being very far down the build line. Yet, I have seen fully loaded NIB machines for ~$11k go unsold despite being near ready for pickup/delivery from Spooky. What am I missing?
If my calculations are correct, if you buy a spot for $3k - $4k, you will end up paying $9.5k - $10.5k for a bare bones R&M. Plus you will wait months for the machine (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). However, if you buy a fully loaded R&M for $11k, you get all the features and you can be playing in a few weeks. Again, what am I missing?
Full disclosure, I placed a for sale add on Pinside a week ago for a fully loaded (minus bill acceptor) R&M that I listed for $11k. I got several tire kickers but nobody committed prior to my deadline (I kept the ad open until Spooky contacted me that the machine was ready for pickup). I thought if I was going to sell, it would have been far easier just to have the seller contact Spooky and make arrangements. Anyway, I decided to keep and store.
Again, just curious to the logic. Thanks.

Easier for people to buy a spot for $3-4K than it is to plunk down $11K for a game. Sure it will end up costing the same, but people think, "I'll save up for the final payment." That kind of thinking leads to people having to sell their spot down the line anyway.

2 weeks later
#6072 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Can someone please post pic at what to exactly check pleeeeease. Take a guess whats ready to be set up today!
[quoted image]

Dang, what is that lift cart? Looks fancy.

#6106 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Do you live in a climbing gym?

My thought exactly. My girlfriend said, “it looks hyper modern” when I showed her.

#6184 3 years ago

Dude, I didn’t say they NEED to I just said I would love for them to post the info once in a while. The list I’m sure is not entirely up to date or accurate. I just figured that straight from the horses mouth would be cool.
I wasn’t complaining or nagging or being negative. Just getting anxious waiting.

I guess I’ll get down votes for that....

No need to get anxious. Most people who buy Spooky games understand that they are a small company building in batches, so it take some time. I respect the fact they are pragmatic and don't try to grow to quickly. It's insanely difficult to pull off what Spooky has since its inception, so I trust them to keep doing what they are doing. I would much prefer to seem them absent from the forums knowing they are diligently working than posting pointless number updates. Eric has been super engaged with the community and that says a ton about Spooky. You ever see anyone from JJP, Stern or American on the forums interacting with customers as much as Eric? No. Just let Spooky keep building.

#6240 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Another new beta build for the lab-rat Mortys. I messed around in the guts of things quite a bit, so this beta cycle is a bit more turbulent than other recent passes.

Turbulent juice!

#6304 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

first 100
==========================
2 whysnow WI location testing gm 2.11.20
-- ayce gogi CA now on location 2.18.20c
6 pittfallass GER 7.25.20
7 rotordave NZ 2.15.20 from 4salethread
8 jeffreestar CA 7.08.20c delv 7.08
9 doc_rayden66 MO the silver ballroom 2.20.20c
12 kettchxxii WI 2.11.20 picked up on 2.18.20c
-- trilogybeer WI on location 2.24.20c
18 brixies IL 2.11.20
19 geeks mania WI 2.11.20
20 kevlar UK 6.15.20c revd 6.15.20
-- lymans tavern DC on location 2.19c 2.14.20
-- docquest MA 2.20.20c
21 lyons CO on location 2.24c 2.17.20c gm shipped
26 jackbar NY on location 2,22c 2.05.20 per kaneda telecast
35 msadan IN main st amusmts 2.20.20c picked up gm yest
-- pinball perry IN operator 2.20.20c picked up gm yest
-- pinball life IL 3.04.20c
-- barcade NY on location pinballmap
-- the coin slot MI on location pinballmap
-- silver ball planet on location osaka, JPN pinballmap
-- level1 IL
-- concretehardt OR on location 2.24.20c shout out to PSTAR
vidgameseller padavans.ny in st louis 2.11.20
fortytwo early location gm
-- tilt MN on location 2.27.29c
-- alamo drafthse SF on location 3.01.20c
-- recbar on floor at louisville 3.06.20
-- ocelot brewing VA on location 3.10.20
-- wolfmancat 5.21.20c shows gm in home
34 fymf 2.07.20
39 inhomearcades 5.17.20 NIB gm for sale / sale pending
40s whirdlsoncestood 2,07.20 location gm sanctum
47 coindork 5.21.20c
48 dnapac 2.28.20 says picking up gm in a wk
03.06.20c in coronavirus masks thread
50 kaneda direct/phone
===========================
distributors [~50-100]
PINBALL STAR ~100 allocated
KINGPIN 70 allocated per 2.11.10 post
-- pinballer67 3.15.20 reviews playing games on his machine
-- birdfish PA on location?
51-59 PSTAR
52 pinball palace GA on location 3.06.20c
55 knockerlover VA on location 3.10.20 now owned by n80g80 3.24.20c
56 shakenbake PSTAR route in cincy
59 fatpanda 2.20.20c addon request 2wks prior
picked up on 3.19.20
63 yelobird KPIN 2.11.20 early number
gm at his home 2.29.20c
64 yelobird friend KPIN arcadebar 8.19.20c
65 jhoward1082 KPIN 4.23.20c
70s pmaino 2.28.20c
70s dylanfan71 3.17.20c
72 andrewket 6.03.20c del 6.03.20
73 gryszzz 2.11.20 selling deposit for 5300
74 pmaino 5.16.20c del 6.03.20
75 adamross 6.09.20c del 6.09.20
76 thegunnett PSTAR 5.16.20c 4trade 10,800 9.29.20
77 frankmac 5.29.20c
79 frankmac 2.17.20c 3.12.20 dep 4sale 1250
bot by blackzarak, del 6.02.20
4sale 11k 9.28.20 300plays
80s wizardscastle NITRO
80s mikes 3.02.20c
81 f3honda4me 2.18.20c traded up from 284
82 radiation_king NITRO
83 westbury NITRO
84 northerndude NITRO 2.5.20 post on spooky yt sneakprev video
85 xizor NITRO 6.22.20c arrived today
87 sdtminstl FLIPN/KPIN now brerspidur 9.28.20c
88 ckrueger KPIN
91 waynetrane GERMANY 10.02.20c
93 bagel 5.29.20c
96 kingofgames NETH 7.22.20c rspinball
99 o-from-do 6.12.20c
====================================

I played #22 at Cactus Jack's in OKC.

#6309 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

I got worried about my #246 spot being for sale before reading the next line.

I got word today that mine is going to ship today. Not sure when it will arrive, but it's going to be very close to my birthday which is awesome.

#6315 3 years ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

That is great news! I am 7 numbers after you - have not heard anything yet. Did you pay early? I know Joe invoiced earlier September.

I can't remember when I paid. Whenever Joe sent the invoice lol #235
Based on the list greenhornet listed, several of Joe's slots were in this group, so he's probably swamped. He has a good system of invoicing at the right time. I think he wants to try to put it close to when the game is going on the line so people don't get to antsy. Better than invoicing to early and having people freak out about how long it takes after paying. But I can only speculate.

#6337 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hmmm, 234 (PinballSTAR) and I have not heard any shipping news. Hoping soon!

Shoot Joe an email. This seems odd to me.

#6347 3 years ago

Courier flap coming in hot tomorrow with #235 (no butter)

CourierFlap (resized).pngCourierFlap (resized).png
#6371 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Bumps. Any ideas. My retinas are burning.

Every time I've had issues with a light on ACNC it's been a loose connection. Has anyone posted a wiring schematic for R&M? You could trace all the lines back for the light with an issue.

#6385 3 years ago

Coin door latch is good, so I guess l keep it.

8F783F66-B7F4-4386-B3EE-89C4342F2C2E (resized).jpeg8F783F66-B7F4-4386-B3EE-89C4342F2C2E (resized).jpeg
#6421 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Its kinda surprising that Spooky is still turning out this title with so many little problems ! Thought Spooky would have a handle on this by now! Don't look badly on this post, just not the "tech guy" that most of you seem to be! Don't want to get my pin unboxed to find out its got bugs I can't identify, and can't play!!

No issues with my game. I set it up Thursday and between me and friends, there are probably 50-100 games on it. We had a few crash issues on the 2020.09.28 build that the game shipped with, but the new public code resolved those. I don't get why you only pop up to make negative comments in the owners club thread. R&M isn't in your collection. Do you have a deposit it down?

Bottom line is Spooky has grown so much as a company. Their games improve leaps and bounds with each new game. I have a TNA, ACNC, and R&M in my basement right now, and had a discussion with a friend last night about how much Spooky has improved their product over such a short time.

#6424 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

No issues with your game??? It only crashed with the code it had??? Got new code and it was ok??? 50 to 100 games before it crashed??? There coming to take me away, ha,ha,there going to take me away, ha ha ho ho, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be happy with broken toys and birds and baskets, and flowers and things, there coming to take we awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

1a39jj (resized).jpg1a39jj (resized).jpg
#6427 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What number are you?

He's #499...I know because he PMed me ranting and raving about all my negativity. Pots and kettle or some shit.

#6434 3 years ago

I think it's safe to say anyone who has played this game knows hawkmoon is obsessing superfluously. On to the next dimension, hopefully one without a screaming sun.

rick-and-morty-screaming-sun (resized).jpgrick-and-morty-screaming-sun (resized).jpg

#6436 3 years ago

The screaming sun is THE BEST! That’s when you know you just scored an EB!

I lit my first EB yesterday morning and didn't collect

#6470 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can anyone who's got a game recently tell us if the loop/garage diverter area issues have been taken care of at the factory or is there still tweaking that has to be done?

Both shots were makeable on #235. That said, I pulled the plastic over the re-entry last night to look at the curve on the garage shot. I did adjust to try to make the curve in the rail smoother based on iepinball post 2300. I do think smoothing the curve in the rail helped to make it a little smoother, and I think I will pull the left ramp to take a look at the upper orbit. I'm hoping to get them both shooting like butter. I've also had an issue with the right orbit shot being made, but killing the ball momentum. I've seen the same thing happening on a local MET prem that is out on location. I'll probably take a slow mo video of that to try to figure out what is going on.

#6473 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

My game is shooting well.
When I upped the left flipper strength a little bit, that seemed to help. My right orbit shot into the garage is really nice right now!

I was just thinking on the final game I played last night that I need to up the flipper power a bit. I'm not really having much issue with scoop reject. I was pretty concerned about that after playing the first R&M I found out in the wild, but mine seems pretty solid. I haven't looked to see if they factory installed the washers, but I don't think they did as the scoop is riding fairly flush to the pf.

#6485 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I watched all the attract modes and found them all top notch.

.... but would like to see some more added. Why - because variety is good? My top picks would be:
Real Fake Doors
Strawberry Smiggles

These two plus 'Simple Ricks' would be awesome!

#6514 3 years ago

Does anyone know the shots for taking Roy off the grid? Is it just all bad decisions?

#6533 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

All of our games ship with protectors! Possibly confusion on what those are?

I was just about to say that the game has these protectors on it. Not sure how the scenario played out with gonzo73 that led to a decal tear. I typically lift my machines with a modded harbor freight lift. I learned early on lifting with your back to adjust level is no fun. Best $130 I've spent in this hobby. Escalara is the next best buy, but not nearly as cheap.

#6534 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Hit the Meseeks target to show the Rick shot.

So to take him off the grid it will be 10 shots? A meeseeks target followed by the Rick shot, then rinse and repeat until all 5 decisions are made?

#6537 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

My friend and I picked up a used Escalara and split the cost. Still not cheap but worth every penny!

I bought used from a friend. I think I hauled machines up and down my stairs 6-7 times before I knew I had to buy one. Every time I use it I say it's worth its weight in gold.

#6541 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What do you mean by take Roy off the grid?

I just remember iepinball saying in his stream that with the right shots a player could take Roy off the grid like in the show. I don't think he ever did it, which doesn't bode well for me.

#6674 3 years ago

I definitely recommend putting some bally Williams style legs on your game if you haven’t received it yet. IMO there is definitely an issue with the legs R&M comes with. They have an odd taper that causes the cabinet to rest on the leg and damages the decals I swapped mine out to some old legs I had lying around and they do not make contact. I have only had my game about a week. I did email spooky bit haven’t heard back yet. I just figured if I could prevent one more decal from tearing then I did a good thing. I added a comparison to the B/W leg I had laying around.

18C761E1-1B0C-4EEB-B727-6798E243EA79 (resized).jpeg18C761E1-1B0C-4EEB-B727-6798E243EA79 (resized).jpeg4E0B65E2-6C3C-4B55-A12C-7E8709BED51C (resized).jpeg4E0B65E2-6C3C-4B55-A12C-7E8709BED51C (resized).jpeg67EFB513-A4C2-4BBC-9AB5-61557E2BFB7C (resized).jpeg67EFB513-A4C2-4BBC-9AB5-61557E2BFB7C (resized).jpegBC785567-CA02-4DFC-8C5C-7809115C525C (resized).jpegBC785567-CA02-4DFC-8C5C-7809115C525C (resized).jpeg
#6688 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Why do people have to make things more difficult then they have to be. Just add additonal metal leg protectors until the leg does not come in contact with the cab. It's better then pincabs and felt. I have been doing this since Transformers and typically just double them up on all my games just to be safe. I keep a few sets on hand that way if I bring home a new game I can add them at the time I put the legs on.

The game ships with metal protectors already in place and the issues still happened. So maybe instead of dismissing a clear issue, you could add something useful to the conversation. No one has time for know it alls who are contributed nothing to a conversation.

#6689 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Very similar to the issue I had on the back legs for Dialed In. I just put two nylon washers between the inside leg and the metal standoff and that moved it out enough to stop the contact with the cabinet. Short of a leg redesign, a thicker metal standoff would also take care of this.

I think between this and the felt I may be able to prevent further damage. Thanks for the tip.

#6744 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Holy crap, getting R&M next week, what should I do to protect the decal from the legs??

I haven’t tried the nylon washer suggestion yet, but that and the felt is what I’m going to try. Just make sure when you install your legs there is space between the leg and the cab.

#6745 3 years ago

I just turned up the lower right and upper right flippers on my game (40 and 25 respectively) and increased the lower right hold power to high as I was getting a lot of dips when the scoop kicked out. First game after making the adjustments was the best I’ve had.

620AE2AF-2F8E-41B6-ADA3-1A8DD6097616 (resized).jpeg620AE2AF-2F8E-41B6-ADA3-1A8DD6097616 (resized).jpeg
#6748 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is there any reason not to put the hold strength to high?

You’d have to ask SpookyLuke or someone more knowledgeable than myself on that one. At first I was thinking the EOS switch needed adjusted by decided to try this first when I saw the option.

#6767 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

All Current stock legs seem to allow for plenty of room! Looking into the possibility of just a few oddities or a box of lemons!
In the meantime guys I recommend using extra after market protectors just to be safe.
Also keep those leg bolts tight!
We are increasing the thickness of our metal protectors to allow more room also! Always lots of solutions in the works!

This is why I love Spooky. They don't shy away from issues that come up like every other manufacturer has done time and time again. I can't say enough how awesome of a company Spooky is. I have TNA, ACNC, and R&M in the line right now, and it's so clear how much Spooky is improving in such a short span of time. I'm a Spooky fan for life.

#6864 3 years ago

#6907 3 years ago

Spooky love fest over here.

2B0BCB61-463E-45E3-8B85-3858B4ECB82D (resized).jpeg2B0BCB61-463E-45E3-8B85-3858B4ECB82D (resized).jpeg
#6909 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

I’ve always wanted to try TNA.

Great game. I’m lucky enough to have a friends at my house currently.

#6919 3 years ago

I was adjusting the rollover switches and swapping rubbers to Titans when I noticed this plug hanging in the front of the cabinet. Anyone know what it’s suppose to connect to?

825129C1-BF6C-4FC9-B41A-9B11C7E87BE1 (resized).jpeg825129C1-BF6C-4FC9-B41A-9B11C7E87BE1 (resized).jpeg
#6924 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That is for a dollar bill acceptor. Unused if you don't connect one.

Thanks! I didn’t think it could be something that came loose as everything was working fine.

#6932 3 years ago

I said on the ACNC thread, and it holds true with R&M, Titan rubber play soooooo much better than the extremely bouncy pinball life rubbers. Yesterday I fully swapped out to Titan clear rubbers with purple Cliffy poly posts. Along the way I adjusted a bunch of the roller over switches as they were riding way too high and occasionally hanging up the ball (I ended up putting a thing piece of furniture foot pad felts under the open end of the switches and it worked really well). I also took the two screws loose on the orbit that returns the ball ro the upper flipper and I used a straight edge to align the flipper and the orbit so that the ball feeds smoothly in both directions (before adjustment it was feeding too far out from the flipper for a smooth shot). I did have to give the rail a slight tap with a rubber mallet to push the rail guide under the wood rail.

After a handful of games I highly suggest all the tweaks with the exception of maybe the Cliffy post rubbers. I’m considering changing those to titans as the cliffy’s are just a little thicker and I’m getting some hang ups on both of the right orbits. I’m also still getting a complete loss of ball momentum on the right orbit occasionally, but I’m not sure why. My upper orbit is so fast and smooth it’s hard to get more than 2-3 loops, but it’s a lot more fun than the clunky rejects I was getting sometimes before.

I also worked on Alice Cooper yesterday (replacing some broker rubbers), and I just have to say how much of an improvement spooky has made in terms of Serviceability. R&M is a cake walk to disassemble, service, and re-assemble. Props to spooky on an excellent game and massive improvements in design.

#6989 3 years ago

To everyone just putting plastic protectors on when the legs are pinching your cabinet, I’d advise you don’t do that. It will just expand the area of contact and make a larger problem. If your legs are part of the recent batch that seems to be flawed, contact spooky.

#6992 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

My “recent batch” was back in June.

Did you contact spooky?

#7087 3 years ago

Oops
Thanks for posting that correction!

Total Jerry move! just kidding my friend. At least it wasn’t a porn hub link.

#7129 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I like the magnasave a lot too. Takes some strategy.
Question about it: on mine magnasave won't activate if flippers are being flipped or held. Is this correckt? I'm used to it at this point - thought maybe this was discussed as an early quirk of the game, but not sure.

I hope I’m not the only one who’s starting furiously tapping for the magnasave while playing other games.

#7189 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Yes, I've already done that, but again...why? It doesn't actually solve the problem, it just makes it bearable while not dealing with the actual core issue which is a design flaw. That's like applying velcro to things in your car that are rattling because your wheel alignment is out.

Adjusting the amp in no way equates to a design flaw. I wish Spooky would just start shipping the amp turned down a bit so we would quit seeing this complaint. It's getting old. Seriously, just turn the three little knobs until it sounds good. It's really not difficult.

#7225 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Unhook the internal sub and hook up external. Problem solved. I did this literally day one of owning and never looked back.
It is crazy to me that spooky hasn't figured this out b/c the shake is so extreme on this game!

I do agree that Spooky needs to just turn it down before shipping games. Look at how it brings out the whiny compainers. It just baffles me that so many people see EQ settings as a design flaw. It's laughable. I adjusted mine day one and there is still a ton of bass and the overall sound is so much better than what any other manufacturer ships (with the exception of maybe the new GNR system...I have only played a couple games so I can't judge that one yet). Speaker Gate 2020!

#7229 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

No one is saying it is a design flaw. You have to turn it all the way down and then literally a hair up without it rattling the whole game! Just not a lot of range of control. I really want to pump up the bass more so maybe I need to just buy an external sub.

I thought someone verbatim called it a design flaw earlier, but I could be wrong. It just seems like such a dumb discussion to me. There are plenty of options to get the sound each person wants and people just complain about the rattling non-stop. It just gets old.

#7296 3 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Are the beta releases on the website? Or is there an email list?

Eric had to limit the betas because of some issues. I’d guess he’s still testing with reliable beta testers, but there nothing public because of the issues that came up about a month ago.

#7362 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ever heard of American pinball? They are just as passionate, and they are on the forums like Scott is, helpful and going above and beyond.
*Disclaimer, I own neither Spooky or AP pins. Someday!

Congratulations, you pulled a quote from 8 months ago and made some non sequitur statement. I like American too, so I'm not sure why you would feel the need to make your statement. Pinside never ceases to amaze me.

#7388 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unloading the container with a forklift (or moving it around the receiving warehouse). Pretty clear it was dropped.

Definitely looks like a drop or at least a tip over during transit. That's the top end of the box, so if it tipped over it could have split the cab like that. Makes me think Spooky should start using those shipping tip-o-meters like JJP games have on the box. Man it would suck to ship a game half-way across the world only to see a game has tipped in shipping and have to not accept the shipment.

#7414 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’d like to have more indication when you collect a mega seed like a sound effect.

Maybe a probe that lets you know you crammed those megaseeds way up your butthole?

#7466 3 years ago

Decided to play one quick game this morning before work. First adventure starts and it's Roy. I made it to 4 Rick shots before accidently hitting a non-rick shot to end the mode. So damn close to taking Roy off the grid!

#7471 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How do you determine Rick shots?

By either just shooting every unlit shot, or by hitting the meeseeks target. If you hit the meeseeks target, it will light the Rick shot blue.

#7572 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Someone is going to have to make a steel flapper to fix this properly I think.

This was my plan, but the general consensus seemed to be that there wouldn't be enough buyers to make it worth the upfront costs.

#7579 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

Did they pause shipping for the new legs?

It takes time to work out the issue with the leg manufacturer, get replacements, and powder coat them. Spooky knows it's an issue, so I'm sure they are working hard on a solution to get everyone taken care of. Everyone affected by this will just have to be patient (me included).

#7602 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Newbie owner here, I wanted to set the machine to PLAY MUSIC during ATTRACT MODE to at least cover the sound of that very loud annoying fan (which I will be replacing with the "quiet" fan at some point, thank God!) but I've put the PLAY MUSIC ON ATTRACT MODE to "on" and it doesn't really work. It plays music for literally 5 seconds but then stops. What am I missing?

Did you go to the settings and turn on attract mode videos? It will play a variety of things from ants in my eyes Johnson to Mexican armada alien invasion.

#7655 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

It seems strange to me that people keep saying it's always both front legs. I can't imagine how but is it somehow possible the cabinet at the front isn't square?

Think of the angle a pin sets at. All the legs have the same issue (being too narrow of an angle). The front is just where the issue shows as players are nudging the game and causing the legs to dig in the into the cab. The back legs have less torsion and therefore are less of a problem. All the legs that have an angle under 100 degrees need to be replaced. No amount of adding any kind of protectors is going to change that.

#7664 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

How do the F bombs get dealt with? I'm assuming they are bleeped out, or are the call-outs changed to eliminate them?

Couple of question from a curious potential member to this club:
1) What's the best things about this game...?
2) Is there a family setting? I want my fucking 11 year old daughter to like it.
Thanks!

Can’t understate the rules on this game, and though it shoots tough it is highly combo-able. Also ripping the spinner will hook about any player.

#7669 3 years ago

One thing I've picked up on that adds fun and uniqueness to this game are things like modes that, for example, make all flippers flip at once, and isn't there a mode that counts the number of flips and ends when you hit a certain number?
And how does the timer between the flippers tie in with things?
Any other unique stuff like that that I've missed?
Isn't there a shot that requires you to hit the pop which is the left sling and then drain immediately, or have I mis-understood that one?

I think what you are referring to are the dimensions. Dimensions are currently my favorite thing to chase in the game. Last I read in the tilt forum there are 25. One deactivates the pop bumper, some don’t affect any mechanics of the game but change scoring. Last night I got to the black ops mode. The entire pf goes black then when the lights come back on there is nothing but night vision green.

#7680 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How many dimensions did you reach in one game? I keep seeing the same 3 or 4.

I think last night was my most ever at 7. My only complaint with the dimensions would be that it is so tough to ever see them. It would be cool if they were totally random or maybe an option to make them random. I could see wanting to have them in a set order for tournament play to keep everyone on equal footing. But in a home environment, it would be nice to have them totally random just so they can be experienced.

#7681 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Are those adjustable flippers? WTF?

Here I was thinking lighting flippers were the way to go

#7686 3 years ago

So how random are they at the moment?

You mean there's a flipper to has lights in them to provide some lighting?

I googled lighting flippers to drop a link here for you and the first thing that came up was this thread you started 8 years ago...damn that's funny. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lightening-flippers

#7702 3 years ago

That's funny!! So by lighting flippers you mean lightning flippers... I get it now

Oh yeah, I didn't catch the typo. A very Jerry move on my part.

#7704 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I understand the idea but if I am only seeing 1-2 dimensions a game I will never see deep dimensions. My portal shot is still problematic.
It’d be nice for an option of just random dimensions. I can see why not if people are playing against each other for points wouldn’t be fair if one player get good dimensions and the other not. But I play solo most times so I’d love to get more variety at least as a menu option.

Are you using both the right orbit and the garage shot to jump to dimensions? I've had the game about a month and I'm already seeing a big increase in how many dimensions I can get to. I'm always trying to get a good rip on the spinner and hit one of the two shots that lead to the garage.

#7707 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes, I’m getting both shots, the left orbit garage shot for me is still very bad. I’m not sure why, it’s not rattling or reject once it’s in there it’s more the feed or shot off the flipper that I can only make the opening like 10% of my attempts.

I did pull the plastics off that side and tried to adjust it a bit to make the curve more smooth. I'd say my efforts have made it maybe 10% better. I think the only other thing I could do to improve mine at this point is to remove the light that is right between the guide and the side rail. I don't really want to do that. But it is definitely a tough shot.

#7710 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I had an issue with my garage shot (& inner loop) as well. I ended up moving the rail above the upper flipper and the rail leading to the garage using the yelowbird and iepinball modifications as a guide. I drilled a new hole for each rail (first tab hole) and tucked one rail tab under the black wood side rail on both of them. I kept the lightbulb on the garage rail, but it’s right up against it. It shoots very nicely now. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Both your changes look like exactly what I did. I reviewed the other posts and tried to emulate the fixes. That smooth feed off the right orbit it the biggest improvement I made to the game. Having the ball return smoothly to the flipper vs hopping out all the time is soooo much better.

#7724 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

There are really 25 dimensions in the game right now?
Had friends over Saturday and played for a few hours. I remember fart, scream, no ramps. Maybe one or two more? Was drinking.
We don't suck either. We all had games around 10m.
Please don't worry about punishing less skilled players at my house.

It takes some time and focus to get to the deeper dimensions. Honestly that’s a good thing. It keeps players coming back for more. The lazy ass in me just wants instant access to all the crazy higher level dimensions, but the pinball addict in me loves tracking them down one by one. Found night vision last night, twilight zone and all buttons activate all flippers tonight. It’s tough because you get into a new dimension and have no idea how to play the game suddenly (see no pop bumper dimension). This game is so damn good.

2F4644E0-81D8-4E75-A5F2-DD29A39715AE (resized).jpeg2F4644E0-81D8-4E75-A5F2-DD29A39715AE (resized).jpeg
#7746 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I am a vote for leaving dimensions as-is.
There should be things that you only get to see in a good game, things that you need to earn and play well to obtain.
Not everyone will battle the King of Payne on Medieval, or attack Mars on AFM, so what? That doesn’t mean those modes should just be thrown at you if you change a setting.
If you must have the OPTION, then take the option to close up the outlanes and put long ass flippers on your game so you can’t drain.
That sounds better than trying to force change to the way that the game was intended, if the programmer wants it that way.

I don't think an option is a bad thing, but I agree that the current set up is great. Basically to have a chance at finding a new dimension beyond the standards, a player needs to get 6-7 dimensions deep. It's definitely not easy, but very doable. To me the challenge makes finding new dimensions more rewarding once you get there (much like your wizard mode analogies). Bottom line is different strokes for different folks.

#7762 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You guys are killing me. The dimensions ARE randomized.
You start with a RANDOM feature dimension, then a RANDOM positive dimension, then a RANDOM negative dimension.
There are a *FEW* held out of the first THREE dimensions because they make things significantly harder to play. Period.
The dimensions are just seasoning. Switching things up. Adding in the chaos of the R&M universe. They are not a "major portion" of the code or the rules, really. You get the megaseeds in EVERY dimension, which *IS* the major bit. That's why you want to change dimensions.

You're killing it, Eric. Please ignore us pontificating pinheads.

#7818 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:Exactly. I have found a game for sale and am still deliberating over it... from various posts on here, repetition of 'modes' (in this case: dimensions) is concerning me... I get that dimensions that can confuse or punish a novice player should be held back, and this is what will happen when you select to not truly randomise... for someone who is not scared by these later dimensions, however, why not allow that player to side-step the early game repetition?
I understand that some have suggested setting the game to 10 balls as a way to experience the later dimensions, but personally I feel this would be cheating the main part of the game... obviously...

You two are dead wrong on this. Getting to another dimension is one good rip on the upper loop and then one of two other shots. I cannot believe people are somehow making such an awesome feature into a negative. Pinside never disappoints.

#7839 3 years ago

Then you would obviously choose the option to leave it as it is... how is it wrong to want a simple option to not want it how you want it? Have you no will power so that if the option is there you won't be able to resist flipping it to random and then go and spoil the game for yourself?
It's already random after the first repetitive dimensions, so it would be a piece of cake to make it all random... and satisfy those here that are complaining about repetition... easy code tweak for great improvement for those who want it... and those who don't have ZERO reason to complain at the thought of it because they can simply leave it turned off... win win...

As this conversation has evolved I have changed my mind on this a bit. At first I thought, "Why not throw in a completely random option?" As I've continued to think about this, I like the current set up. Sure you see underwater, farts, and wilhelm basically every game, but after only having my game a month, I'm regularly getting to 6-7 dimensions per game. Getting to 3 dimensions for the EB is always a good idea, and it's really easy if you hop from one to the next without going back to C-137.

My point with that last post was that it's pedantic to continue the conversation.

#7841 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Exactly, this is really only an issue at the beginning of ownership. Once you start dialing in the shots getting to new dimensions is trivial with the genius of the diverter at the right orbit either charging the portal or going to the garage in addition to the inner loop and garage shot. on a normal/bad game you will be going to 3-4 dimensions once you are comfortable, and a ton more when you have a good game. Its a good design those early ones you just grab seeds and bail to the next with no negatives.

I think this is the best thought out and most polished code on any Spooky game. The pontificating masses on pinside tend to belabor things which need not even be mentioned. I think fully random would take a lot of the thrill out of finding the next dimension. Thrill of the hunt.

#7956 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It looks like i mst have a location for my game inthe spring.
Ive never routed a game but have repaired hundreds and restored dozens.
I ordered my game with the bill acceptor door.
Does it come pre-wired for a bill validator or do i have to order a cable?
Also what bill validator and stacker is recommended for Spooky games?
What coin mechs give the fewest problems right now?

There is a cable for the bill acceptor because I posted on here asking what it was for. Someone told me it's for the bill acceptor. Not sure on your other questions as I don't route.

#8110 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Do you just troll this thread looking for a chance to repeat any negative comment made? Do you even own the game?
Your schtick grew old a long time ago...

I’d suggest not feeding the trolls. Before you know it they will be PMing you with their complaints

#8166 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Don't know "justeverett", so I'm not sure I get the point/humor. When you get your #499, you'll thank all of us who are posting problems/fixes so you can then fix YOUR "precious purchase"!

Hawk has a problem with me because I told him to f*#% off when he PMd me after I downvoted one of his post. I just try to ignore him.

#8303 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

LOL, yes he's an adult. The thing is, he has his own place, which means over the past 6 weeks since our R&M was delivered, he's only played for maybe 4 hours total. Whereas I've been playing an hour or more almost every day, and well... like you say, most of us are just Jerry's!

Are we sure the game was functioning properly? Did he get through 10 adventures and play the 3x one really well? I've had the game for a 1.5 months and only get around 30 mill on the best games.

#8316 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I can say for sure the pin was playing properly. He drained the last ball (#4) during the 9th adventure.

This ^^^

Not trying to second guess the score, it just seems oddly high given the megaseed count and what you describe. I've had some games with 20 plus megaseeds and finished the adventure card only be in that 30 mill ranges.

#8318 3 years ago

It's all about crushing "super fuckin jackpots" while in a good dimension while inadvertently hitting meeseeks, & seeds and in Pickle-Rick!! LOL, thats the payoff

Hitting those supers does feel good

#8396 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Anyone have a suggestion on how to reduce the center scoop rejects? I'd say one out of three direct shots will reject. I've tried bending the scoop lower and higher. Higher made it worse. Lower maybe helped a bit. I've also tried adding a small felt pad but that made it much worse. I feel like the problem is the ball hitting the back of the scoop and then then leading metal edge. Adding washers to lower the metal below the wood would probably solve the problem, but then the wood would take a beating. Maybe a cliffy instead? This is the last thing I need to resolve to get the pin really dialed-in nicely.

Search in this thread. You can add a washer to the underside of the scope bolts that will lower it slightly. It makes it easier to hit.

#8454 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Seems like alot more shipping damage with R&M then ACNC. Are all games going through FedEx now or does it depend on location?

Just a lot more attention on R&M. Alice Cooper owners thread is about 5K posts after 2 years. R&M club thread is not even a year old and 8K+.

#8471 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

What's awesome is on both of these games I prefer to play on the fly, for the most part. It's fantastic! I love going right at those centre targets on TNA! Makes you a much better player if you can do it, which sometimes I do, sometimes not so much.
R&M is a lightning speed flow monster when your making your shots. Feels like more attention/reward could be given for combos though, I haven't noticed anything in the way of callouts, sound effects, etc. Love the way IMDN rewards combos and the Death Blows.
My attention span is apparently too short to trap up every shot. YMMV.

Definitely need to add to the combos on both R&M and ACNC. Both are tough to string together those 5+ shot combos, but when you do it's solid gold. It would be nice to have some additional rewards when a player manages it.

#8505 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Woah 3 days from options to invoice? I thought the invoice was when it was ready to ship?
Damn I've got to get my Skateball sold this week

I'll take that Skateball

#8675 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

RAZA is out so I sell my spot #357 BS still unproduced due to EU tax slash ie first in line for U.S. customer. Anyone interested pm (1.5k premium).

Selling a R&M spot to buy RAZA is the Jerriest of Jerry moves.

#8678 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Maybe the guy is just a huge fan of...
innovation.

Is that TMed innovation? Or just the regular kind?

#8683 3 years ago

Quick question, after you spell slam and the pop bumper is flashing again (like the initial seed) is that not supposed to be another mega seed?

Spelling SLAM lights the slam save (i.e. when the pop bumper drains you it gives you the ball back). Nothing to do with mega seeds.

#8699 3 years ago

NEW CODE!

Quoted from Rum-Z:

Oooooo... new code with 4 new adventures is supposedly out! Lemme know how it is (future owner of #504 here).

Added Rick Potion No. 9 and Scary Terry adventures plus 4 feature dimensions.

#8704 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Code is live on their site! 2 new adventures, 1 of them available only on a full punchcard so we now have a "wizard mode" of sorts. Spooky just upped modes from 8 to 10... for free! Looking forward to (hopefully) more updates over time!

Glad to see they aren't following the deeproot subscription model. Oh and spooky actually builds games.

#8711 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I am out of pinball for good, if subscription model catches on.
Or start collecting B/W games again!

Same. While the idea of an internet connected machine seems intriguing, I think the drawbacks outweigh the positives. Can you imagine getting a virus on your new $9K pinball that fucks up the computer? Not to mention, pins are already expensive toys...hard to justify continuing to pay for the machine long after it's purchased.

#8722 3 years ago

Lunch may run a little long today.

740104B1-9402-4D01-9183-D25FA1EA7468 (resized).jpeg740104B1-9402-4D01-9183-D25FA1EA7468 (resized).jpeg
#8823 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Is the game too easy, do you have it easy set up or are you just an amazingly skilled player? :O

Number of starting punches definitely makes a huge difference. After my first time making it to Morty's choice on the default, I moved it down to 2 starting punches. I haven't made it since then, until last night when I bumped it back up to 4. I just wanted to see Rick Potion No 9. Made it there after 3 games. Time to move it back down to 2 punches

#8847 3 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

I just received my Titan black friday stuff today, so I'm going to put some glow in the dark rubbers on and see if anything changes. Off topic, but I was curious to finally see what the hype was about on those Titan pinmats, since they cost double what some anti-fatigue mats run.. Decided to splurge on one, because if it works, it will be priceless to me. I've only had a few minutes standing on it so far, but damn this thing feels like quality for sure. Time to put some hours in and see how it does on longer sessions.

I have a concrete floor in my game room, so I love the Titan pinmat when I'm barefoot. I'm not a fan when I have shoes on as I feel too high up, but that's just a preference. I typically just pull it in front of whatever game I'm going to play barefoot. I'm not going to buy one to put in front of every machine. I also have a second one that I use at my standing desk. They are great for that!

#8853 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Just got a pin mat and feeling too high is definitely taking some getting used to.. shorter people who have used it love the added height though

I'm 5'10" and with shoes it feels awkwardly tall. But dang it feels good when I'm not wearing shoes.

#8908 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

I'm happy to say I haven't had any issues with mine.
I've been trying to figure out how use the the anti gravity once it's charged and when to use the 3rd button. I know the button drains the anti gravity and tried pushing it when the ball drains, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there a complete rule set written somewhere?

I use it most when I see the ball heading in the direction of the right side. If it’s past the A then you’ve waited to long. The worst is snagging the ball and then dropping it at the wrong millisecond of the pulse and burning yourself. It’s so much fun though.

#8939 3 years ago
Quoted from CWiehler:

Does anyone else find themselves tapping the magnasave button area on their other games now?

All the damn time. The Rick and Morty Phantom magna save effect.

#9057 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Yo' pinball people.
Ok... spent some time on the phone with the mfg. We have never changed anything in the flipper mechs and have been running the same everything since day one here at Spooky over the course of well over 2,000 games to date in that regard.
BUT... looking at older Spooky games here vs Rick and Morty ... you pinball maniacs ain't wrong. The flippers do sit a bit higher with this same ol' same ol' Wms style bushing.
ALSO BUT... some of you do see this as a problem. And we all do agree here that this CAN BE IMPROVED REGARDLESS.
So... since it can be improved... our manufacturer has agreed to work with us and yep, we'll be getting our very own Spooky Pinball specific flipper bushing tooling put together.
Anyone who feels they want to change theirs out, give us an email: [email protected] ... it will take a couple months (best guess) to get this tooling change tested, made, and in stock but we'll happily replace your bushings and obviously they'll be factory installed on all future production.
So there you have it... you spoke, we listened. Anyone who wants a set of 3 bushings for Rick and Morty we'll happily ship you them free of charge.
Hope that helps, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Peace, love, and all things pinball ya'll.

This is why you ghouls are the best!

#9150 3 years ago

Pulled my right bushing last night. Going to a friends place to trim it down a bit. Will report back with before and after pics.

#9176 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

In engineering, part of the fun is that most changes to existing assemblies will have unintended consequences. You just need to think through and catch them. Anyway, I would just wait for the new bushing. That bushing spacer will not work and it is not worth the risk of putting a spacer under your flipper mechs, using too long of a screw, and ruining your nice playfield.

Yesterday I pulled the right side bushing and used a belt sander to grind off 1/8”. Before removing I marked the pf level on the bushing so as to not grind off too much. After reinstalling I could have done a little more as the ball is still hitting too low on the flipper imo. I agree with Scott that it’s not worth trying to engineer your own solution. It’s really tight down there and I’m not going to take it apart again until I have the updated bushings. Just too much of a pain. I also lowered the flipper tip to match the hole in pf (slightly lower than it ships from the factory).

Results: it definitely is resulting in better shots to the left ramp. One drawback (I think as a result of lowering the flipper) is that I can no longer backhand the right ramp. After reading Scott’s comment that he never intended the right ramp to be backgandable I think I’ll leave it. At least until. The new bushing comes in.

The pic shows the difference between the factory and after grinding the bushing down.

2F40C068-AE75-4903-9242-FC9E633EB11F (resized).jpeg2F40C068-AE75-4903-9242-FC9E633EB11F (resized).jpeg
#9280 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

A couple questions.
I think I'm going to have to remove the head in my driveway in order to get it in my house and upstairs. Does the shipper contact you before delivery? If it's raining i'd obviously like to put off delivery a day. How hard is it to remove the head? I've only ever had older B/W which have all be really easy, any tricks I should know?

search for removing the head in this thread as it's been discussed, and highly discouraged.

#9408 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Thanks. Did you just hand tightened the stand offs or use a nut driver? I have a kit here I need to install.

I used my Milwaukee electric screwdriver during the install. With a 6” extension it made it easy to quickly install everything. Definitely need to give it a hand tight check after running up the bulk of the threads.

#9422 3 years ago

Time to open the hood again, since I trimmed down the bushings and lowered the flippers I've been getting more air balls. I also put new green titan rubbers on. Not sure if its a combo of both but going to raise my right flipper a little. Morty got a little aggressive with the basketball hoop as its laying in the driveway now. Gives me a chance to do some other tweaks while I'm in there. Forced me to stop hitting start.[quoted image]

Turn down the flipper power. It's likely that now your flippers are making more direct contact with the ball so the higher power could be too much after your adjustments.

#9603 3 years ago

Spooky definitely had a lot of room for improvement in the overall build, and they know that. They created a thread to solicit pinhead input on how they can improve. After working on TNA, ACNC, and R&M I can see they are continuing to improve. The ease of dissembly on R&M compared to Alice is huge, and the R&M code is more polished ACNC. As much as spooky has grown, they are still a fraction of what Stern is. It takes years to refine a product like stern has. Think of the teams of engineers working on stern games. Last thing I will say is the LCD doesn’t bother me at all.

#9709 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Spooky - can anyone say if the leg issue has been resolved? I'm ordering some parts and wanting to know if I need those protectors.

Definitely not resolved. Spooky has sent me 2 sets of legs and they all touch the cabinet. Worse yet, I realized my Alice Cooper has contact points as well. It’s chipped my butter cab on Alice.

#9723 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I received my new legs, and they were much better and fixed, to be safe, I put a black plastic protector with felt underneath... however, I used rubber cement on both the felt and plastic protector (let it dry), then stuck together. Works perfectly.

Wish I could say the same. All the legs I’ve received after the originals are slightly better. It looks like Spooky tried to spread the waist apart a small amount. But in both cases one side has plenty of clearance on one side, then the other side makes contact. I still have an old set of BW legs on my game after 3 months owning it. I’m waiting to hear back from my distributor at this point. I really don’t need spooky sending out another art of legs that don’t work.

#9737 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We don't choose any spread or dimensions. We order these in from the same supplier everyone else does. Not custom at all.

I don’t know what’s going on with the supply, but I have 10 legs all with the same issue. Making this comment does nothing for the gouges in my R&M or the chips coming off my Alice Cooper butter cab.

57F76B5A-5B15-4E28-B61D-C8A324C1A0C2 (resized).jpeg57F76B5A-5B15-4E28-B61D-C8A324C1A0C2 (resized).jpegDDA28B44-B9B9-4419-9F0B-48E3EB1670A7 (resized).jpegDDA28B44-B9B9-4419-9F0B-48E3EB1670A7 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#9824 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

So this works the best for me. Longer metal leaf
[quoted image][quoted image]

What's up with the foil?

#9902 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Rather than just ghost this; I can't answer you. Sorry.

Basically R&M is the Hotel California of games...now that Eric has checked in, he can never leave.

#9932 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Selling this Avengers LE to prepare for Rick and Morty payment . Willing to trade for a R&M
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/107404

Super tempting. AIQ is a theme I have no interest in, but every time I play the pro at a local spot I’m really drawn in. It’s a great game.

#9947 3 years ago

All this meeseeks talk has me thinking that occasionally a Kirkland meeseeks should pop up when the meeseeks target is hit. Man I bet Eric loves all of our creative input

#9971 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Does ACNC have a scoop that fires directly at the flippers?

Not as straight on as TNA & R&M. The scoop fires at the right flipper but from the left side of the game. Either hold the flipper up and it will tip over (or sometimes drain), or live catch the ball when it comes to the right flipper.

#10007 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

And those 5 sold out.
Starting a list so I can make a larger batch:
1 - calfdemon
1- gac
1- jonesjb
1 - mikes
1- docquest
1 - USMCSGT0331
1 - attack7
1- monkfe
1 - kidchrisso
1 - jigz
1- estrader
1- eagle14
1- cooked71
1- SR230CC
1- loumatt
1- pinbalt
1 - Jherre6
1 - dendoc
1 - Soulstoner
1 - Chisox
1 - goingincirclez
1- bemmett
1- db666

This is exactly what I was envisioning a few months back as a fix for this issue. I'll take one.

#10010 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Always?
Mine is still going strong, and I play the shit out of my R&M.
I bought several replacements from PBL when I placed my last order because of all the warnings about it breaking. Haven't had to use it yet.

Same here. I'm over 500 plays on mine with no issues, but I did buy a couple replacements to have on hand.

#10101 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I've spent a blistering hour or three on "tweaking". Changed the flipper rubbers and replaced the fan that sounded like a Concord landing in the living room.
I "could" fool around with some of the guides but it's playing damn good so I figure I'll wait.

I've probably spent ~5-6 hours including: adjusting both the garage shot and upper loop guide rails, full replacement of rubbers to titans, and fixing the bushing on my right flipper. I'm still fairly new to pinball, but it's all been similar to what I've done with other games. Seems like there is always something that bothers me enough to require a little tweaking.

#10107 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

There are some different methods for the garage shot rail adjustments with some ending up scratching the playfield or being implemented by spooky later on. Have we had a post that says what to try and achieve over all for these? I seem to get some bricks on the garage shot opening i would love to solve but it seems like multiple approaches are covered.

I've taken that side apart twice trying to dial it in, but did most of the adjustment the first time. I think what helped mine the most was loosening the siderail and removing the screw closest to the siderail near the end of the curve. Removing that screw and tucking that tab under the siderail was the only way I was able make a really smooth curve. I also moved the screw for the entrance. I didn't really take any pics of my changes. It's still a really tough shot, but these changes helped it flow a lot better. Prior to those changes I was getting a lot of rattle outs and rejections.

#10154 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

So I removed the subway yesterday, what I found in the subway was half dozen or so decent sized slivers of clear that seem to have flaked off from the bevel of the portal hole, from where the ball bashes hard at it.
[quoted image]
So I came up with a "mantis" style hole protector to help things.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
It's just some 2-1/2" milk tube, with 1mm SS sheet fabricated so that there are four mounting holes. 2 surplus screws that used to be in ball guides along with 2 that already held the subway, keeping it firmly in place.

Excellent protector design! This should be a key post for sure.

#10171 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Speaking of the flipper issue. Is it possible rather than cut the bushings down to put washers under the flipper assembly (underside of pf)? This wouldn't require you to take apart the flippers to adjust. Doesn't sound like the factory fix for this is going to be any time soon.

I suppose if you got longer screws for the 4 flipper assembly mounting bracket then added washers. Seems like that would risk the screw poking through the topside of the pf. I can't think of another way washers could be used to solve the issue given the way the bushing mounts to that bracket.

#10245 3 years ago

Around 4 weeks, I believe.

Where did you hear this? I haven't seen or heard any official word on this since they announced they were going to do it.

#10254 3 years ago

He was asking about delivery on his machine from options list.

My bad I thought you responded to his comment right above that asking about the bushing.

#10343 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I voted for R&M in every category. Was hoping it took home some awards.

I voted my honest opinion in every category. R&M was top of the list in almost every one.

#10380 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Wow - you guys went crazy on the rollover orders : ) I'm down to my last order to build/ship....that was a lot of orders to fill - but on that point, I've sent out a ton of R&M MRS'....everyone getting them, working good...all copacetic?
Matt
M&M Creations

Mine finally came in last week. Lost in transit for a while, but the package arrived in tact. Haven't installed yet.

#10447 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I got mine a few days ago and they had the PBL protectors on (and I had ordered a set). I dry fit the legs with the installed protectors and the front legs looked like they would rub if they bent/twisted at all they were so close so I doubled up. Plenty of space after that.

Spooky sent me several sets of legs, some better than others, but all were touching the cabinet at some point. I've compared the legs to an old bally williams set I have at the house, and the R&M legs definitely have an odd waist (for lack of a better term). I even ended up comparing this back to my Alice cooper and those legs were the same.

Spooky ended up sending me a couple sets of metal standoffs. I put those on between the leg and the installed metal standoffs and the legs no longer touch on either game. If I could go back to when I received my game, I would just have an extra set of standoff ready to create the additional spacing.

#10531 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Some one need to make black mirrors for this game. Its the only way.

I just saw a post in the R&M Facebook groups where a guy fit black mirror blades to his game. He shared a few pics but no detail on where he got the blades.

#10537 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I've been told you can cut the mirror blades to fit with the right tools... May be worth trying for this pin.

Here are two of the three pics he shared.

2AA8F4C8-6120-4B6F-95D2-92A3F046B0E4 (resized).jpeg2AA8F4C8-6120-4B6F-95D2-92A3F046B0E4 (resized).jpeg7778E0AD-B7B0-49C7-B9EA-7DE3DAF9856B (resized).jpeg7778E0AD-B7B0-49C7-B9EA-7DE3DAF9856B (resized).jpeg
#10558 3 years ago

Second time this post has broken for me. Could be an opportunity for the mod community to figure out a more stable solution.

088F65D3-8A50-43AA-9A88-3863396D2664 (resized).jpeg088F65D3-8A50-43AA-9A88-3863396D2664 (resized).jpeg
#10563 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It looks like it's mounted in the wrong place and the tension from the ramp trying to pull it over breaks the 3D print at the layer level. How's it mounted to the plastic? Moving it over a half inch would likely solve the problem. Also more infill could make it stronger. What does the infill look like for the tube section?

In picture was the replacement post spooky sent. I mounted it exactly as it was mounted from the factory. I’m assuming it’s correct, but I guess it could have been installed incorrectly at the factory. Just seems unlikely.

#10564 3 years ago

Here is the inside of the post. It attaches to the plastic just south of the meeseeks target via three screws that come up from under the plastic into the bottom of the post.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10572 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yikes. That's only like 10-20% infill at most. Nowhere near enough for the force that has on it.
There are THREE screws holding that to the plastic? Can you take a picture of the other side of the plastic, or take what's left of the base off the plastic so I can see where the screw holes are?

I can’t find a pic of the underside from the last time I fixed it, but here is the bottom of the post. There are 3 holes in the bottom of the post and the screws go through 3 holes drilled through the plastic to attach the post.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10576 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I'd get a hex post and attach that with a screw from the bottom side using the hole that lines up best with the ramp (though that will now put force on the plastic if the hex post isn't lined up directly below the ramp connector) and then drill out that whimsical trim and slide that over the hex post then attach the ramp. This is really corner cutting by Spooky and should be addressed in the unbuilt machines.

Hopefully they will offer a solution to address the issue. I will try to figure out something with the hex post. That’s a good suggestion.

#10586 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Hex post solution is looking good. Megaseed tree is getting some detail work and I'll have v0.3 ready shortly, which should be the last one. This goes in to the playfield, plastic is not part of the support structure. [quoted image]

A hex post like this is probably what spooky should have done from the start. So damn cool you already have a design cranked out!

#10686 3 years ago

Bit confused reading some of these posts.
Right now thinking about adding this game, AIQ or GnR to my collection.
This looks like a great game and yes, lots of tweaking required - but as long as you get there in the end, that is dooable.
Then I read about PROC flippers falling when struck.
I played Cactus Canyon Continued - it has PROC and flippers were great.
Is this an issue that I would make me put this game further down the list?

Of R&M, AIQ, or GNR I'd take R&M. It's definitely brutal and most people who only play a couple games can't get into the game play. I think it's just tough to find the shots at first (similar to JP for me). AIQ is a great game, and definitely on my list eventually, but I can't stand the theme. GNR is a fancy light show box to me. I've played a lot of games on a local SE and I just can't get into it.

1 week later
#11038 3 years ago

Adjusted the rail to my upper right flipper today because I noticed there was a lot of space between the path of the ball and the flipper... also the rail was overlapping the line in the artwork (not aligned straight with it).
[quoted image]
Now the gap is better (smaller) and the rail lines up nice and straight with the artwork and flipper.
I noticed a significant improvement in the upper loop and the garage shot immediately.

I made the same adjustment to my game, so
The ball transfers smoothly from the rail feed to the upper flipper. It made a huge difference in the smoothness of the game play. Before I was getting tons of ball hops off the rail/flipper that just led to the side to side chaos R&M can create.

5DE9D76C-FD79-4F96-B75E-72700A3332B4 (resized).jpeg5DE9D76C-FD79-4F96-B75E-72700A3332B4 (resized).jpeg61ADF9BE-BCD9-4236-A9FD-11400FA1D563 (resized).jpeg61ADF9BE-BCD9-4236-A9FD-11400FA1D563 (resized).jpeg
#11053 3 years ago

For me, I was just not getting consistent shots off that flipper. I know the shots are difficult but it was way to inconsistent. I’m not a professional pinball player by any means but I know I at least have some consistency in making shots. There were times I could make the upper loop multiple times (2/3 or up to even 5 times) and then there were times I couldn’t make the same shot even once in a game.
I did this late last night so I didn’t play that much or long after I made the adjustment but I did play a handful of games and noticed a huge improvement right away. I was making the loop and garage much more and I also noticed they were nice smooth clean shots. I’m glad I decided to make this adjustment and I hope I’m right about the improvement. Super excited to put a lot of games on it now and can’t wait to see how my scores improve!
I hope...
Did you notice any improvements in scores after you adjusted your rail???

Definitely improved scores. The ball hop of that rail and flipper made it really tough to control the ball (or even just drain down the middle)

6 months later
#16020 2 years ago
Quoted from KenPin:

Yes. Closest pinsiders with one are in Wichita and Kansas City, but I don’t know them.

My place is always open if you want to figure out a time to stop by and flip. Just hit me up....and yes pizza and beer helps lol

8 months later
#17701 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

While new legs is probably the best answer, it is important to know there is nothing inherently wrong with using the original legs. As I said, many of us just double stacked the protectors and it's been fine.

I did this fix as well, but I still don't understand how people say the legs were not the issue. I received 3 different sets of legs from Spooky and they all had the same issue. I compared every set to a spare WPC set I had and in all cased the R&M legs had much more of a "pinch" in the area directly under the metal standoff which caused every set to rub the cabinet.

Yes, the second metal stand off creates enough room that the legs no longer touch, but that's a janky fix imo. Love my game, but this was definitely the most frustrating part of buying R&M for me. No one at spooky would even acknowledge there was an issue, when clearly their was (and still is apparently).

#17703 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

This is not accurate. They addressed it directly in this thread.

I could have missed it in the thread. I was referring to my direct correspondence with them. The legs are clearly tweaked. Anyone who has compared to another set of WPC legs can see it instantly.

3 months later
#18672 1 year ago

I decided to try a set of the precision flippers out on R&M. Wasn't super into the idea of them in general, but I've always felt there was a lot of inconsistency with R&M. For that reason, I thought I would at least try them. I have only played about 15 games since installing them, but they do seem to make a big difference in terms of consistency and hitability of the shots (left ramp specifically).

I've put a ton of time into dialing R&M in, as I think it's a great game, but just needed a little extra TLC. One big issue was everyone struggling to hit the left ramp. Because of that I had the coil power dialed way up and installed pin monk coil fans to try to keep the heat down. I did some testing for him on ACNC and they definitely perform as advertised. After installing the precision flippers, I knew immediately I was going to have to turn the power WAY down. The game was playing so insanely fast and the flippers were hitting with a ton of power. Even after turning the power down, all the shots are hitable (more hitable than with the power up really).

Also had the girlfriend flip a game. She's always complained about the clunkiness of spooky games, so she's a tough sell. One game and she said it feels like a totally different game. All that said, I don't think I'll put precision flippers on every game I own, but I think in certain instances they can make sense.

#18674 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Thanks for the review. Definitely want to try out them out. My game plays pretty well right now but I am still getting some flipper fade even with the pin monk fans. I think having these rigid flippers would allow me to turn down he power and that in turn should make the coils cooler. Did you install one on the upper flipper as well?

I installed all three precision flippers, but I only have the two fan pin monk system. I ordered that before he offered the three fan kit. Plus I never struggled with fade on the upper flipper.

#18676 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yeah haven't had any issues with the upper flipper and I also have the two fan kit. But mine was the prototype as I helped get temp readings for pin monk. It really is just the left ramp shot for me. I can hit it but it gets harder during long games.

Definitely been the only shot everyone constantly complains about. I even considered using a dremel to cut down the hole that feeds the ball behind the back box. I figured doing that would make it just slightly less steep, but I decided against that much augmentation.

#18684 1 year ago

I am not a fan of changing flippers on games, but if they make a shot that is unnaturally steep, easier to hit, then maybe I need to reconsider.
Did you put a precision flipper on the 3rd flipper as well?

Yes, I did replace all three. My only complaint is that I had the feed off that upper orbit to the upper flipper perfect. After the install, I started getting some ball hop (similar to before I adjusted the guide when I first bought the game NIB). I just moved the rail out a bit to eliminate the ball hop.

2 months later
#18888 1 year ago

Are these precision flippers having any effect on flipper fade?
Or maybe people have turned up the power or used fans to counter fade?

I had to turn my power down quite a bit after installing them, so it has to help. Less power going to the coils=less heat.

#18904 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

been forever, but weren't half the screws in the mounts longer, and half shorter? I recall having to mark them when putting spacers in.

Yep. That’s how mine was.

#18938 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Looking for some advice... and figured I'd get a "biased" opinion
I've listed my R&M for sale as I don't think it's smart for me to hold such a valuable collectible during an upcoming recession...
Anyways, I was hoping for a cash sale, but someone has offered me Avengers IQ: Premium + cash. I figured I could always sell the A:IQ later, as it's likely easier to get a buyer for that over R&M, since it's of less financial value.
Now for the biased opinions... am I making a huge mistake getting rid of this beautiful collectors item? The game itself is quite fun, but not $12kUSD fun to me at current market value.
Being relatively new to the hobby (2 years now), does R&M have the potential to be an even higher value collectors item in the future, or is it likely to be treated as just another out of production pinball machine?
I'm not opposed to keeping it, it took a hell of a lot of time and money to make its way here, so I'm just looking for opinions.
Thanks everyone!

I own both and wouldn’t make the trade. With that said, AIQ is becoming one of my favorite games to shoot. It has a ton of flow and always leaves me wanting one more game. R&M is a little more clunky, but has flow as well if you are hitting shots. But the game is so damn funny. I doubt there’s ever another game as funny as R&M.

2 weeks later
#19108 1 year ago

So green stamp is completing adventure.
Yellow stamp is a free adventure.
White is played not completed.
I get pink stamps?
What are these?
Just realised my white stamps are actually pink?
Anyone has this?
Actually in attract mode my playfield white leds take on a pinkish hue...

Never noticed a pink light on the stamps. Sounds like a flaky LED or a loose connector to me

#19116 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm kinda weird about things that change gameplay. I find it interesting so many people say 'makes it so much easier to play'....when...that...well...I dunno...seems like....I don't even know how to put it into words. I realize on this game there are lots of tweaks, but. I'm torn. If it was just a cosmetic thing, that'd be one thing, but I'm actually not really a fan of the looks of them (no offense).
I can completely get behind the locking/tightness, of the mech, etc.

My big motivation for trying the precision flippers was that everyone struggles to hit the left ramp. I kept upping the power, but then you deal with flipper fade. I thought maybe this would solve that issue. I think it did, and I don't regret the swap a bit. I've always thought spooky flippers felt a bit off. Not sure why, but just how I've always felt. I'm thinking I'll swap my Alice Cooper's next.

1 week later
#19155 1 year ago

I was having issues with the scoop ejecting straight down the middle, so I turned the scoop eject ball save on, but it didn’t do anything

Did try adjusting the scoop power?

1 month later
#19336 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Coming soon in case anyone is interested in Purple!
[quoted image]

I'd love a set of these for ACNC!

#19342 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Speaking just for myself, I'd prefer a single anodized color rather than this 2-tone.

Second this. I prefer a full anodized.

3 weeks later
#19479 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Which precision flipper kit do folks prefer? The solid bats or the lighter see through style? [quoted image]

For R&M I ordered the solid silver bats, but I was a fairly early adaptor before there were other options. I did order the hollow ones for ACNC. Haven't received so don't know.

#19482 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

What color did you go with for ACNC? I got some black ones for mine

I went with the anodized purple. I think they will look killer!

2 weeks later
#19558 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Pickle Rick peaking out is hilarious. Looks great!

#19572 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I bought one too. how long did it take to install?

I’ve been curious about the install as well. Spooky made a lot of progress in terms of serviceability on R&M imo. The only thing I’ve never figured out is how to remove the plastic above the uturn. Last time I was shopping the game I was going to remove it and install the metal flap, but couldn’t figure out how to remove it

4 months later
#19876 7 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Precision Flippers completely elevate this game.

Every spooky game plays better with precision flippers.

2 months later
#19924 5 months ago

I bought one of those lock pick kits as well. Doesn't take much practice to be able to beat a simple lock like is on a pinball machine. I've tried a padlock and my house door with no luck. Haven't put much time into it, but it would be a pretty handy skill that could help get a person out of a bind. Definitely glad to be able to do it rather than drilling locks on games missing keys.

#19939 5 months ago
Quoted from ExportZ:

I'm a new rick and morty owner, BS #399.
Do I need to read all the tech key post or were some of them only problematic in the first batch?

Play your game and see if you run into any issues. I spent a lot of time tweaking various rails in the game and other things to dial it in. I would expect most of the R&Ms needed some tweaking.

2 weeks later
#19979 4 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That Jerry ramp shot ain't easy. Sure as hell doesn't feel like a cheat mod, but it is fun when you make it. I think it's cool adding another shot to the game, especially since those targets aren't really fun shots to begin with.

The whole point of the standups seems to be forcing the player into a bit of chaos. Will the ball ricochet back to the pop? Will it go to the sling? Adding an out is definitely a cheat mod. I do think it's a really cool and well executed mod, but I don't understand why anyone would think a modification that significant that makes the game easier is not a cheat mod.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods
Interactive
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justeverett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=justeverett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.