(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17,003 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Flynnyfalcon
  • Topic is favorited by 322 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

st (resized).png
12C93DC0-F621-43CF-AFF6-B787925158AE (resized).jpeg
33F0A1A0-4EB8-46A3-A3B6-179FEE482D7F (resized).jpeg
E591E29F-D7F3-4FD6-BD5A-EFEA2EFFF577 (resized).jpeg
2461E9D8-EEB4-42BC-B8C7-653AEDA68BEA (resized).png
BF27D857-8A47-404A-962B-99177FC4FC72 (resized).jpeg
C3F7615D-2EDE-41AF-98AC-E9B101FAE5F8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0231 (resized).jpeg
A6460614-ECE7-430B-ADB7-271176E4A916 (resized).jpeg
F705BEEE-684C-4EA3-8A72-88B8E0B760B0 (resized).jpeg
8FE123B4-5C4B-40D5-BE79-52A91F783FBC (resized).jpeg
51C18A16-D581-4FC6-A4E2-A30C1792DABE (resized).jpeg
88F39836-6A92-4B72-A7C2-0C974BA3793E (resized).jpeg
AEA7950D-C38E-428F-B4F0-06B82C26876E (resized).jpeg
0E14E050-2B14-4341-A434-7769F4073DA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1117 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

84 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (1 year ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (1 year ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (1 year ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (1 year ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (1 year ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (1 year ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (1 year ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justeverett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 1 year ago

See y'all mother fuckers in the Summer! Can't wait!

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

#234 checking in!

#235 here...wanna swap spots? lol

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I kinda like the 2-3-4 sequence!
Hoping for an August delivery but based on a recent post talking about containers and butter builds, I don't think there's anyway to accurately predict, but no worries, anytime is a good time for R&M!

I think July-August is definitely possible, but there's not much point in sweating when it gets built. Other than I want to travel up and pick it up! Wanted to do that with Alice Cooper, but life did not allow for it.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why are decals safe from rings and watches but not a cleared cab?
The whole “It’s $1000 more but fragile AF” thing will keep me from ever going butter. Decals look fine, and I don’t look at the cab while playing.

I haven't read anywhere if decals could be applied onto butter cabs. I went with butter for ACNC because I think the art is some of the best ever put on a pin, but I plan on it staying in my basement for a very long time. With R&M I'm passing on butter because I would like to get it out in the wild for others to play. Don't want to sweat having it damaged.

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is butter fragile or something? I’ve never seen it.

I worry more about it chipping off, but honestly I don't know. I bought some Vivak flipper button protectors from playfield protectors. Trying to do as much as I can to just preserve the finish.

#414 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Just listened to the recent podcast w/ Scott, that dude is way too humble. I've heard him say a couple times "It sold out because of the license, it has nothing to do with me". I can't speak for everyone but just want to clarify for myself at least (cause I know he's around here somewhere), there are VERY FEW designers I would've blindly trusted on a purchase like this, regardless of theme. TNA is one of the sickest, freshest pins I've had the pleasure of playing and I figured if R+M turned out half as good I'd be more than content with it. And after seeing the gameplay videos I can confidently say I'd be buyer even if it was a straightforward "TNA 2.0" theme.
Wanted to throw that out there so he'll hopefully quit downplaying his importance on this game.

For me it was definitely a combination of the theme and Scott. I'm a big fan of Spooky and TNA, so I couldn't pass it up. You don't get passion from any other pinball company out there, but Spooky and their whole team are diehard pinheads (and it shows). Hell look at Eric in the threads constantly talking to everyone. Eric killed the commentary during the DF stream too. How much more do have to say before someone says I need to suck a d*ck? jfc

#432 1 year ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Reminds me of that old joke but repurposed..
"So weirdest thing happen to me the other day guys... I was on pinside forum talking about how much I wanted a RaM and I got a PM from this guy JustEverett and he was like:
'Yooo this game is so great and I heard you want 1. If you let me suck your dick I'll give you mine."
Weirdest damn experience of my life. What a freak right?
Anyway. I love playing the hell out of this pin. "

Way to much dick sucking and not nearly enough ball fondling going on in this thread...but maybe that's just me.

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I see PinballLife has posted their Rick and Morty hinges! https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-200-0101-00
I hope they can/or will consider offering these in the standard powder coat color for us lonely standard buyers!

Damn these look good. Ordered. Guess I'll be looking at a couple spare hinges for a few months.

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I like the Rick and Morty hinges a lot... but I was really looking forward to having the spooky Lemmy ghost hinges and maybe getting them lit up like on the TNA.
Is that even a mod they offer?
Hinges with the Lemmy ghost lit up definitely look better black though... hmmmm so many things to choose from.
Do the Rick and Morty hinges light up?
It would be nice to see a picture of the RM hinges on a BSE RM to help us decide!!!

I just liked the look and couldn't help it. Definitely no lighting up, but that would be cool.

#482 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I like the hinges, but think I would really have to take a sharpie and dot in the pupils.[quoted image]

No way man...the silhouettes look awesome. I'm not sure why anyone would want to try to add this to Spooky's factory options. Back box hindges are a 10 min swap out. Why complicate the process for them?

#614 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I like black way better than the purple. I don't like the coin door standing out. Plus the black works well with the artwork.

Same here. The black just fits the art better imo.

#800 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I was thinking the same thing! This game needs Pinside reviews. There is only one brief review that though positive in tone overall also implies that the game is “clunky” due to geometry.
Hilton - thanks for taking the time to post such an awesomely detailed review! Please take another minute to copy and paste your review to the ratings section for R&M!

Reviews will come once more people have a chance to play it

#803 1 year ago

I actually don’t care so much about ratings, but I am a bit concerned that with most early games going out to locations and the first batch of owners not posting reviews yet that the rating herd momentum could be skewed to a negative bias by players frustrated by what’s sounding like a harder than average pin. Clusters of opinion tend to generate its own momentum even if untrue. The only rating thus far has R&M sitting at 33 between Ghostbusters and Creature. Not shabby but not where it sounds like this game belongs.
If you’ve got one and like it, say so in a rating. Tell others outside of the club what you think. If future code updates and/or factory assembly adjustments make it better or worse, tweak the review.

The ratings are meaningless with so few. It just takes time for a game to settle into a spot in the rankings, as it should. Go look at the ranking history of any game on pinside. They all have large variation early on because there is too little data, then the curve smooths out.

#1064 1 year ago

Pictures don’t do the butter cabinets justice, but here are a few of my ACNC.

081D6989-E1F4-4787-8F1C-46FA4E5A18F8 (resized).jpeg1263EC62-3E5C-48A9-BDE3-501632E0D1CA (resized).jpeg27E89AAC-9D7D-4138-A975-C0E384F90A30 (resized).jpeg699814AA-2F80-46A0-A08D-009EB1E3FCAE (resized).jpeg
#1138 1 year ago

The latest episode of the Pinball Players Podcast has a really good segment about host Jeff Parsons' contribution to Rick and Morty as the voice of the narrator in the "Life of Roy" mode. Man, I cannot wait to laugh my ass off at all the great callouts in this game.
https://pinballplayerspodcast.libsyn.com/

1 week later
#1368 1 year ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

I know the Meeseeks already feature in the game, but a Teach Jerry to Golf would work as a multiball mode. Jerry Day Care probably has enough video clips, too. The family killing the Cronenburgs would work too, except that we don’t have Jerry/Beth/Summer V/O.

Every time you miss a shot, it adds a ball (another Meeseeks) and just makes it more difficult to hit the next shot lol. That would be hilarious.

#1426 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I really dont want to sell mine #148 but a crazy offer might change my mind lol

I've told all my friends that it would take a crazy offer to make me sell my spot at this point. This game just looks too damn good to pass up.

3 weeks later
#1953 1 year ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Have not finished listening yet, but Im really interested in the custom art for TFTC Charlie is talking about!

Me too! The ACNC is my favorite artwork on a pinball machine, so I can't wait to see what he did with TFTC.

#1970 1 year ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Have not finished listening yet, but Im really interested in the custom art for TFTC Charlie is talking about!

Zornow Must Be Destroyed just shared this on his Instagram account. Man I can’t wait to see the final product Charlie puts together!

01DDAB6D-78F0-4C9C-9A39-33607437F5C0 (resized).jpeg
#2025 1 year ago

It’s neat how they are all coming out of a portal and so the green from that plus the purple edges do line up with the the colors on the pin...
Maybe someone that has a RM already will buy one and post a pic of it on their machine, that would be nice!
Photo shop anyone...???
I’m out at work otherwise I would try it if I was home on my computer.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm a big fan of Brian Allen's work (I bought his MB alternate backglass and a frame he built when I was at Pinburgh last year), but this is just a total miss for R&M. It just doesn't fit the theme. It's like he took what he did with MB, AFM, and MM, and just copy pasted the work to R&M. Hard pass for me. I would never put that in my game.

#2029 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

He didn't draw it especially for the R&M pin.
Quote from Brian;
This Rick and Morty illustration is something I did officially for Cartoon Network a few years ago and was sold on t-shirts at Hot Topic.

Nowhere in my comment did I say he drew it for the R&M pin. Brian's releasing a backglass that just doesn't fit the theme imo. It is definitely his style of art, but just doesn't mesh with R&M. Or R&M the pin for that matter.

1 week later
#2116 1 year ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

He also said he removed 4 screws at the begin of the stream, fwiw. I will also be removing those screws from mine when i get it one sunny day!

He also mentioned that Spooky is going to start doing the fixes at the factory.

#2217 1 year ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

So after watching the JD stream with wide open swearing I was curious since I can't remember. Does the game have a 1% setting and does it have a setting to automatically change to a different value at a certain time?

This has been discussed before, and they aren't going to do it. I'm pretty sure epthegeek said it will be way too much of a pain to code in.

#2290 1 year ago

I was finally able to flip R&M on Monday. Oooohhhh weEEEeeee. The particular game I was playing had the upper orbit shot fix done. I was totally surprised by how the game shot in a lot of ways. For me the orbit was like butter and the garage shot makeable (albeit very tough). In the second game I played, I hit the upper orbit 3x and collected a solid skill shot (but typically hit it 1-2x and often missed the collect). The difficulty of the ramps really surprised me (particularly the left ramp). I did suggest to the owner that increasing the right flipper power could help on the left. The right was very repeatable from a cradle on the right flipper, but I struggled to find the shot from the left flipper. The scoop seemed to reject a lot, so I'm hoping Troz shares any fixes on the scoop after mentioning it on the last stream. I couldn't stop fiddling with the magna save. It's a ton of fun to see how it can affect the momentum of the ball (even when it ends up down the drain).

As tough as R&M shoots, I was hooked. It's been said over and over by those who have played the game that this is some of the best theme integration and light shows (if not the best) in pinball. Both are accurate and not an overstatement imo. Per what I expected from a game Scott designed, all the sounds are over the top in the best way. The callouts are hilarious and really help you to forget that you are just dumping coins and being brutalized every game. Well done to TheNoTrashCougar epthegeek SpookyCharlie bkerins David Van Es and everyone involved in this game. It is excellent game that I think will be a hit for many years to come.

#2506 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

I started to airbrush my rick and morty.
I don’t like the purple on the machine, for me green looks much better (the green parts becomes a design like the portal)
The apron I made black, to match better the color from the inside decals and Playfield.
First step is the apron.
And step by step the rest in the next weeks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That apron looks amazing!

2 weeks later
#2672 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Holy shit was Episode 7 last night something funny!!

"Do you suffer from Alzheimer's?" That shit killed me.

#2689 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

...no....just...no! This is absolutely not a casual player's game! IMO of course.
I play occasionally with my GF who was an arcade rat in the 80's and loved Firepower back in the day. I have TNA, too....and she loves that probably more than any other game I have in my man cave, including AFM.
She *hates* R&M. Which is no harm, no foul because we're not married and in our mid 50's with our own kids, our own separate houses, etc.
But if I was married and making a mutual decision involving potentially shared finances for the intention of playing together? I would not purchase R&M with any hope of sharing it with my casual-playing wife.

I have to agree, unless someone is a big fan of the show. I could see this game drawing in a casual player who loves the show. I do think based on the original posters comment about his wife loving the TNA lightshow and sound, I think R&M could fit that bill. Scott does lights and sound like nobody else. My advice is just play it. Especially if you aren't sure.

Personally, I think the game is brutal, but it kept me playing for hours the one afternoon I played it. I could definitely see it defeating a casual players (I felt like it kicked my ass, and i play quite a bit), but even getting my ass kicked on it was a blast.

#2731 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

why not talk about both ?
Kaneda should be getting his game #50 any day now.

Anyone wanna take bets on this? I'm guessing Kaneda never takes delivery of his game and flips it. Thoughts?

2 weeks later
#3112 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Decided to sell my BSE preorder slot. Game 246. I can’t wait to play the game someday but I don’t think I need to own it. Please PM me if interested.

#235 here, and I've played it (#22 not my own game). You are definitely making a mistake.

#3115 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Is there a plan to add other multi ball modes besides the Gromflomite battle?

Beta that just dropped has Meeseeks Mania. Go check out the IEpinball latest vid on Twitch

#3166 1 year ago

Seeing what Stern is pulling with the new JP topper activated mode, I just have to give a shoutout to Spooky. Eric is killing this code, and Spooky secured a massive amount of original content and asset for this game. Spooky is working hard to deliver additional modes for as long as they can under the license at no additional cost to the buyers. I can't say enough how much I love Spooky as a company for what they are bringing to the pinball industry. You guys rock!

#3169 1 year ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea I’m a spooky fan for life!

Spooky was my first (and only) NIB purchase with ACNC. R&M will be my second NIB. I'm really proud to support a company like Spooky. They strike me as a team of people that really try to do the right thing. Every time I see another company pull some BS, it makes me even happier I choose to buy Spooky.

#3322 1 year ago

Kaneda just posted this fix in the Facebook group, so I thought I would share. I’ve only played one R&M but I definitely had issues with scoop rejects. This is one solution to keep in mind.

EFF27F6F-D38F-4B3E-A368-EE10E082922B (resized).png
#3344 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

For sure! We don't lower those at the factory as a way to protect the wood edge long term! Believe me we spend hours deliberating everything here lol. Seems like every change has Pros/Cons. We really try to be transparent and helpful. Denying everything and claiming our machines are perfect is not our thing

That was my first concern when seeing the "fix", but I did have a ton of trouble making the shot the one day I played the game. And I have always struggled with the scoop on TNA.

2 weeks later
#3894 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've only had my game about 11 days and was on vacation for 3 of those and I just did an audit dump and was surprised to see I already have 169 games played.
-only 7 extra balls.
[quoted image]

I rarely snag an extra ball on my ACNC. My guess is the rules guru Bowen wants it that way. I could be wrong, but limiting most games to 3 balls really prepares players for tournament style play when no extra balls are allowed.

#4042 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

SPOOKY,Will you please have these small things fixed!!!I have had it with buying a new pin and have to do modifications just to get the pin to play correctly!! Now pay attention here SPOOKY,these are the reasons we are going with SPOOKY,now,because Stern can't put out a pin that works from the factory! AP blew it with "Houdini" and "Willy Wonka" was not that good either!! Thanks!!

I'm starting to wonder how many R&M buyers are first time NIB owners (or even pinball owners in general). I've unboxed a lot of games from every manufacturer currently building except American, and there are always issues. I helped unbox a JJP pirates at a local bar and there were all kinds of issues out of the box. I also unboxed another JJP Pirates at a friends and did almost nothing right out of the box. Pinball machines are a complex mess of electronics, mechanisms, and hardware. They are going to have problems. Just calm down and know that Spooky will do more than any other manufacturer out there to help you fix them.

#4055 1 year ago

I totally agree with this. Silence = acceptance.

Literally no one on the forum is saying anyone should be silent about issues. We were all responding to a guy who came on here ranting rather than attempting to have a meaningful discussion.

1 week later
#4271 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

not to worry. a few months lost. 12 more to go.

This the guy refusing to wear a mask in public and saying covid isn't real.

3 weeks later
#4694 1 year ago

Man 235 can't come quick enough. I'm so ready to play this game some more!

#4803 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone with a machine check the bars alongside the scoop aren't lifting. I just had the right one on mine lift right out of the hole and move across slightly, luckily I noticed immediately and switched the machine off. Hitting it with a ball could possibly have scratched the playfield.[quoted image]

Yikes that's not good. Several posts in the ACNC thread about this same issue on the upper pf for the same type of post.

#4838 1 year ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I fear that these posts only serve to reduce the amount on content available in the end. With the regular updates we are blessed to be receiving, it clearly shows that the game is in the best of hands, and as long as the game is being updated there will of course be bugs appearing.
The alternative route is the Stern route where games just risk being abandoned and owners left in the dark.
Full faith in Eric from my end across the pond.

As dickish as posts like that are, I don't see them holding Eric or Spooky back. Clearly the whole team has a serious passion for pinball and this project specifically. They ain't stoppin' any time soon.

#4958 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Rick and Morty Season 4 is being released on DVD in just over a month! September 22, 2020 according to Amazon!
Very exciting!

Why wait on DVDs? Season 4 is already available to buy on amazon prime.

#4960 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the DVD release was necessary before the video assets from season 4 would be made available for Spooky to use in the game.

Ahhh that's interesting. Didn't know that. Bring on the slut dragons!

shadow-jacker-the-elder-slut-dragon-has-been-in-isolation-for-eons (resized).jpg
#5004 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Great. Uninformed people talking about Covid. How fun.

You could skip the first 5 minutes

#5077 1 year ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

Doubt its going anywhere at $99,000...
ebay.com link » Rick And Morty Pinball 50 Butter Cabinet Baby

The dude certainly knows how to get attention...but that seems to be about it.

#5093 1 year ago

This is exactly what happened when the Aussie shipment when out with Alice Cooper. It totally throws the whole number tracking game off and people start going off the rails about what's shipped. We will see a big bounce in numbers once Spooky gets back to state side games. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath (or maybe inhale something else) and calm down.

#5094 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

This is exactly what happened when the Aussie shipment when out with Alice Cooper. It totally throws the whole number tracking game off and people start going off the rails about what's shipped. We will see a big bounce in numbers once Spooky gets back to state side games. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath (or maybe inhale something else) and calm down.

#5097 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

We're all just eager and excited for our games!

I am too. I'm also tired of the constant obsessing everyone is doing over what number has shipped everyday. The obsession seems an to be an asinine exercise to me.

#5101 1 year ago

I’m totally kidding here...
[quoted image]
Oh and is it getting closer to #653 yet?

Well opinions and buttholes...everybody's got one.

#5189 1 year ago
Quoted from ripple:

I think the flexing piece of plastic is going to need an upgrade or redesign to work long term.
[quoted image]

I just had an idea of a fix for this. I will start working on it and report back for all the owners.

#5208 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It’s August and year end won’t be much longer. Sure this is a fan/game thread ... but what do you think of R&M’s chances to win TWIPY for best game ??? Most owners and players opinion ranges from pleased to over-the-moon. I’d handicap it at 75% right now, with new releases still to come.

Odds are low imo. GNR will be out before year end, so that's the only remaining big wildcard I can think of. Given that there were not many titles released this year, it's basically between Turtles and R&M at this point. Then likely GNR. Given Spooky's small share of the market, I think it will be hard to get the votes for R&M over Turtles or GNR. Time will tell I guess. I guess I'm kind of leaving out Hot Wheels, which I haven't had a chance to play yet.

#5212 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

In a temporary spot until I can shuffle some games around. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Time to roll mother fucker!

#5237 1 year ago

I won't have my game for another month or so, so I can't measure the problem plastic under the spaceship. If anyone who currently has a game is willing to take some measurements please DM me. Thanks!

#5280 1 year ago
Quoted from MrCliftron:

#219 Just invoiced for options this morning

Ok...I'm getting excited. So damn close.

#5281 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I just had an idea of a fix for this. I will start working on it and report back for all the owners.

Follow-up on this as I decide whether to move forward with design and production. I'm looking about ~$500 at least up front costs into this fix plus variable cost of material and time going forward. I figure my breakeven will be selling about 100 units at $30. I see pinball life has the replacement plastic available for $2. The fix I'm coming up with would be a 1 time fix and it would never break again.

So would all the owners rather just keep replacing the plastic with the Pinball life replacement? Or would everyone be willing to spend $30 for a lifetime fix?

#5288 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm getting excited, too. I'm looking for an invite to play that sucker

*Blood sucker

1 week later
#5480 1 year ago

New Spooky Podcast up (in video format). They are talking numbers and production.

#5513 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wubba lubba dub dub!!! 162 is in the house!
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11GDZLe8GTB5yF
I took a few live photos and a 4k walkaround video to try and show off the butter - it really is stunning in person. ZERO regrets on that.
The sound system in this game is the best I've heard in a pin - awesome bass. Unfortunately this translates into massive, and I mean MASSIVE glass rattle.
I'm about to try padding it with some fuzzy velcro - anyone else run into this and have words of wisdom?

Phoenix person looks badass in butter!

#5534 1 year ago

Invoice for 235 received. Out of town for Labor Day weekend, but I’ll get it paid Monday when I’m back.

#5671 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Once you read "great code moment" and don' turn back.....I don't know what to say!

He just needs something to complain about...pay him no mind.

#5752 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

What type of rubbers are included from Spooky? I'm assuming not Titans?

Pinball Life

#5792 1 year ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Okay....I have to ask. In recent days, I have see multiple spots sell for $3k - $4k. Some of those spots being very far down the build line. Yet, I have seen fully loaded NIB machines for ~$11k go unsold despite being near ready for pickup/delivery from Spooky. What am I missing?
If my calculations are correct, if you buy a spot for $3k - $4k, you will end up paying $9.5k - $10.5k for a bare bones R&M. Plus you will wait months for the machine (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). However, if you buy a fully loaded R&M for $11k, you get all the features and you can be playing in a few weeks. Again, what am I missing?
Full disclosure, I placed a for sale add on Pinside a week ago for a fully loaded (minus bill acceptor) R&M that I listed for $11k. I got several tire kickers but nobody committed prior to my deadline (I kept the ad open until Spooky contacted me that the machine was ready for pickup). I thought if I was going to sell, it would have been far easier just to have the seller contact Spooky and make arrangements. Anyway, I decided to keep and store.
Again, just curious to the logic. Thanks.

Easier for people to buy a spot for $3-4K than it is to plunk down $11K for a game. Sure it will end up costing the same, but people think, "I'll save up for the final payment." That kind of thinking leads to people having to sell their spot down the line anyway.

2 weeks later
#6072 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Can someone please post pic at what to exactly check pleeeeease. Take a guess whats ready to be set up today!
[quoted image]

Dang, what is that lift cart? Looks fancy.

#6106 1 year ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Do you live in a climbing gym?

My thought exactly. My girlfriend said, “it looks hyper modern” when I showed her.

#6184 1 year ago

Dude, I didn’t say they NEED to I just said I would love for them to post the info once in a while. The list I’m sure is not entirely up to date or accurate. I just figured that straight from the horses mouth would be cool.
I wasn’t complaining or nagging or being negative. Just getting anxious waiting.

I guess I’ll get down votes for that....

No need to get anxious. Most people who buy Spooky games understand that they are a small company building in batches, so it take some time. I respect the fact they are pragmatic and don't try to grow to quickly. It's insanely difficult to pull off what Spooky has since its inception, so I trust them to keep doing what they are doing. I would much prefer to seem them absent from the forums knowing they are diligently working than posting pointless number updates. Eric has been super engaged with the community and that says a ton about Spooky. You ever see anyone from JJP, Stern or American on the forums interacting with customers as much as Eric? No. Just let Spooky keep building.

#6240 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Another new beta build for the lab-rat Mortys. I messed around in the guts of things quite a bit, so this beta cycle is a bit more turbulent than other recent passes.

Turbulent juice!

#6304 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

first 100
==========================
2 whysnow WI location testing gm 2.11.20
-- ayce gogi CA now on location 2.18.20c
6 pittfallass GER 7.25.20
7 rotordave NZ 2.15.20 from 4salethread
8 jeffreestar CA 7.08.20c delv 7.08
9 doc_rayden66 MO the silver ballroom 2.20.20c
12 kettchxxii WI 2.11.20 picked up on 2.18.20c
-- trilogybeer WI on location 2.24.20c
18 brixies IL 2.11.20
19 geeks mania WI 2.11.20
20 kevlar UK 6.15.20c revd 6.15.20
-- lymans tavern DC on location 2.19c 2.14.20
-- docquest MA 2.20.20c
21 lyons CO on location 2.24c 2.17.20c gm shipped
26 jackbar NY on location 2,22c 2.05.20 per kaneda telecast
35 msadan IN main st amusmts 2.20.20c picked up gm yest
-- pinball perry IN operator 2.20.20c picked up gm yest
-- pinball life IL 3.04.20c
-- barcade NY on location pinballmap
-- the coin slot MI on location pinballmap
-- silver ball planet on location osaka, JPN pinballmap
-- level1 IL
-- concretehardt OR on location 2.24.20c shout out to PSTAR
vidgameseller padavans.ny in st louis 2.11.20
fortytwo early location gm
-- tilt MN on location 2.27.29c
-- alamo drafthse SF on location 3.01.20c
-- recbar on floor at louisville 3.06.20
-- ocelot brewing VA on location 3.10.20
-- wolfmancat 5.21.20c shows gm in home
34 fymf 2.07.20
39 inhomearcades 5.17.20 NIB gm for sale / sale pending
40s whirdlsoncestood 2,07.20 location gm sanctum
47 coindork 5.21.20c
48 dnapac 2.28.20 says picking up gm in a wk
03.06.20c in coronavirus masks thread
50 kaneda direct/phone
===========================
distributors [~50-100]
PINBALL STAR ~100 allocated
KINGPIN 70 allocated per 2.11.10 post
-- pinballer67 3.15.20 reviews playing games on his machine
-- birdfish PA on location?
51-59 PSTAR
52 pinball palace GA on location 3.06.20c
55 knockerlover VA on location 3.10.20 now owned by n80g80 3.24.20c
56 shakenbake PSTAR route in cincy
59 fatpanda 2.20.20c addon request 2wks prior
picked up on 3.19.20
63 yelobird KPIN 2.11.20 early number
gm at his home 2.29.20c
64 yelobird friend KPIN arcadebar 8.19.20c
65 jhoward1082 KPIN 4.23.20c
70s pmaino 2.28.20c
70s dylanfan71 3.17.20c
72 andrewket 6.03.20c del 6.03.20
73 gryszzz 2.11.20 selling deposit for 5300
74 pmaino 5.16.20c del 6.03.20
75 adamross 6.09.20c del 6.09.20
76 thegunnett PSTAR 5.16.20c 4trade 10,800 9.29.20
77 frankmac 5.29.20c
79 frankmac 2.17.20c 3.12.20 dep 4sale 1250
bot by blackzarak, del 6.02.20
4sale 11k 9.28.20 300plays
80s wizardscastle NITRO
80s mikes 3.02.20c
81 f3honda4me 2.18.20c traded up from 284
82 radiation_king NITRO
83 westbury NITRO
84 northerndude NITRO 2.5.20 post on spooky yt sneakprev video
85 xizor NITRO 6.22.20c arrived today
87 sdtminstl FLIPN/KPIN now brerspidur 9.28.20c
88 ckrueger KPIN
91 waynetrane GERMANY 10.02.20c
93 bagel 5.29.20c
96 kingofgames NETH 7.22.20c rspinball
99 o-from-do 6.12.20c
====================================

I played #22 at Cactus Jack's in OKC.

#6309 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

I got worried about my #246 spot being for sale before reading the next line.

I got word today that mine is going to ship today. Not sure when it will arrive, but it's going to be very close to my birthday which is awesome.

#6315 1 year ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

That is great news! I am 7 numbers after you - have not heard anything yet. Did you pay early? I know Joe invoiced earlier September.

I can't remember when I paid. Whenever Joe sent the invoice lol #235
Based on the list greenhornet listed, several of Joe's slots were in this group, so he's probably swamped. He has a good system of invoicing at the right time. I think he wants to try to put it close to when the game is going on the line so people don't get to antsy. Better than invoicing to early and having people freak out about how long it takes after paying. But I can only speculate.

#6337 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hmmm, 234 (PinballSTAR) and I have not heard any shipping news. Hoping soon!

Shoot Joe an email. This seems odd to me.

#6347 1 year ago

Courier flap coming in hot tomorrow with #235 (no butter)

CourierFlap (resized).png
#6371 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Bumps. Any ideas. My retinas are burning.

Every time I've had issues with a light on ACNC it's been a loose connection. Has anyone posted a wiring schematic for R&M? You could trace all the lines back for the light with an issue.

#6385 1 year ago

Coin door latch is good, so I guess l keep it.

8F783F66-B7F4-4386-B3EE-89C4342F2C2E (resized).jpeg
#6421 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Its kinda surprising that Spooky is still turning out this title with so many little problems ! Thought Spooky would have a handle on this by now! Don't look badly on this post, just not the "tech guy" that most of you seem to be! Don't want to get my pin unboxed to find out its got bugs I can't identify, and can't play!!

No issues with my game. I set it up Thursday and between me and friends, there are probably 50-100 games on it. We had a few crash issues on the 2020.09.28 build that the game shipped with, but the new public code resolved those. I don't get why you only pop up to make negative comments in the owners club thread. R&M isn't in your collection. Do you have a deposit it down?

Bottom line is Spooky has grown so much as a company. Their games improve leaps and bounds with each new game. I have a TNA, ACNC, and R&M in my basement right now, and had a discussion with a friend last night about how much Spooky has improved their product over such a short time.

#6424 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

No issues with your game??? It only crashed with the code it had??? Got new code and it was ok??? 50 to 100 games before it crashed??? There coming to take me away, ha,ha,there going to take me away, ha ha ho ho, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be happy with broken toys and birds and baskets, and flowers and things, there coming to take we awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

1a39jj (resized).jpg
#6427 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What number are you?

He's #499...I know because he PMed me ranting and raving about all my negativity. Pots and kettle or some shit.

#6434 1 year ago

I think it's safe to say anyone who has played this game knows hawkmoon is obsessing superfluously. On to the next dimension, hopefully one without a screaming sun.

rick-and-morty-screaming-sun (resized).jpg

#6436 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

The screaming sun is THE BEST! That’s when you know you just scored an EB!

I lit my first EB yesterday morning and didn't collect

#6470 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can anyone who's got a game recently tell us if the loop/garage diverter area issues have been taken care of at the factory or is there still tweaking that has to be done?

Both shots were makeable on #235. That said, I pulled the plastic over the re-entry last night to look at the curve on the garage shot. I did adjust to try to make the curve in the rail smoother based on Troz post 2300. I do think smoothing the curve in the rail helped to make it a little smoother, and I think I will pull the left ramp to take a look at the upper orbit. I'm hoping to get them both shooting like butter. I've also had an issue with the right orbit shot being made, but killing the ball momentum. I've seen the same thing happening on a local MET prem that is out on location. I'll probably take a slow mo video of that to try to figure out what is going on.

#6473 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

My game is shooting well.
When I upped the left flipper strength a little bit, that seemed to help. My right orbit shot into the garage is really nice right now!

I was just thinking on the final game I played last night that I need to up the flipper power a bit. I'm not really having much issue with scoop reject. I was pretty concerned about that after playing the first R&M I found out in the wild, but mine seems pretty solid. I haven't looked to see if they factory installed the washers, but I don't think they did as the scoop is riding fairly flush to the pf.

#6485 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I watched all the attract modes and found them all top notch.

.... but would like to see some more added. Why - because variety is good? My top picks would be:
Real Fake Doors
Strawberry Smiggles

These two plus 'Simple Ricks' would be awesome!

#6514 1 year ago

Does anyone know the shots for taking Roy off the grid? Is it just all bad decisions?

#6533 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

All of our games ship with protectors! Possibly confusion on what those are?

I was just about to say that the game has these protectors on it. Not sure how the scenario played out with gonzo73 that led to a decal tear. I typically lift my machines with a modded harbor freight lift. I learned early on lifting with your back to adjust level is no fun. Best $130 I've spent in this hobby. Escalara is the next best buy, but not nearly as cheap.

#6534 1 year ago
Quoted from newovad:

Hit the Meseeks target to show the Rick shot.

So to take him off the grid it will be 10 shots? A meeseeks target followed by the Rick shot, then rinse and repeat until all 5 decisions are made?

#6537 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

My friend and I picked up a used Escalara and split the cost. Still not cheap but worth every penny!

I bought used from a friend. I think I hauled machines up and down my stairs 6-7 times before I knew I had to buy one. Every time I use it I say it's worth its weight in gold.

#6541 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

What do you mean by take Roy off the grid?

I just remember Troz saying in his stream that with the right shots a player could take Roy off the grid like in the show. I don't think he ever did it, which doesn't bode well for me.

#6674 1 year ago

I definitely recommend putting some bally Williams style legs on your game if you haven’t received it yet. IMO there is definitely an issue with the legs R&M comes with. They have an odd taper that causes the cabinet to rest on the leg and damages the decals I swapped mine out to some old legs I had lying around and they do not make contact. I have only had my game about a week. I did email spooky bit haven’t heard back yet. I just figured if I could prevent one more decal from tearing then I did a good thing. I added a comparison to the B/W leg I had laying around.

18C761E1-1B0C-4EEB-B727-6798E243EA79 (resized).jpeg4E0B65E2-6C3C-4B55-A12C-7E8709BED51C (resized).jpeg67EFB513-A4C2-4BBC-9AB5-61557E2BFB7C (resized).jpegBC785567-CA02-4DFC-8C5C-7809115C525C (resized).jpeg
#6688 1 year ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Why do people have to make things more difficult then they have to be. Just add additonal metal leg protectors until the leg does not come in contact with the cab. It's better then pincabs and felt. I have been doing this since Transformers and typically just double them up on all my games just to be safe. I keep a few sets on hand that way if I bring home a new game I can add them at the time I put the legs on.

The game ships with metal protectors already in place and the issues still happened. So maybe instead of dismissing a clear issue, you could add something useful to the conversation. No one has time for know it alls who are contributed nothing to a conversation.

#6689 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Very similar to the issue I had on the back legs for Dialed In. I just put two nylon washers between the inside leg and the metal standoff and that moved it out enough to stop the contact with the cabinet. Short of a leg redesign, a thicker metal standoff would also take care of this.

I think between this and the felt I may be able to prevent further damage. Thanks for the tip.

#6744 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Holy crap, getting R&M next week, what should I do to protect the decal from the legs??

I haven’t tried the nylon washer suggestion yet, but that and the felt is what I’m going to try. Just make sure when you install your legs there is space between the leg and the cab.

#6745 1 year ago

I just turned up the lower right and upper right flippers on my game (40 and 25 respectively) and increased the lower right hold power to high as I was getting a lot of dips when the scoop kicked out. First game after making the adjustments was the best I’ve had.

620AE2AF-2F8E-41B6-ADA3-1A8DD6097616 (resized).jpeg
#6748 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is there any reason not to put the hold strength to high?

You’d have to ask SpookyLuke or someone more knowledgeable than myself on that one. At first I was thinking the EOS switch needed adjusted by decided to try this first when I saw the option.

#6767 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

All Current stock legs seem to allow for plenty of room! Looking into the possibility of just a few oddities or a box of lemons!
In the meantime guys I recommend using extra after market protectors just to be safe.
Also keep those leg bolts tight!
We are increasing the thickness of our metal protectors to allow more room also! Always lots of solutions in the works!

This is why I love Spooky. They don't shy away from issues that come up like every other manufacturer has done time and time again. I can't say enough how awesome of a company Spooky is. I have TNA, ACNC, and R&M in the line right now, and it's so clear how much Spooky is improving in such a short span of time. I'm a Spooky fan for life.

#6864 1 year ago

#6907 1 year ago

Spooky love fest over here.

2B0BCB61-463E-45E3-8B85-3858B4ECB82D (resized).jpeg
#6909 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

I’ve always wanted to try TNA.

Great game. I’m lucky enough to have a friends at my house currently.

#6919 1 year ago

I was adjusting the rollover switches and swapping rubbers to Titans when I noticed this plug hanging in the front of the cabinet. Anyone know what it’s suppose to connect to?

825129C1-BF6C-4FC9-B41A-9B11C7E87BE1 (resized).jpeg
#6924 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That is for a dollar bill acceptor. Unused if you don't connect one.

Thanks! I didn’t think it could be something that came loose as everything was working fine.

#6932 1 year ago

I said on the ACNC thread, and it holds true with R&M, Titan rubber play soooooo much better than the extremely bouncy pinball life rubbers. Yesterday I fully swapped out to Titan clear rubbers with purple Cliffy poly posts. Along the way I adjusted a bunch of the roller over switches as they were riding way too high and occasionally hanging up the ball (I ended up putting a thing piece of furniture foot pad felts under the open end of the switches and it worked really well). I also took the two screws loose on the orbit that returns the ball ro the upper flipper and I used a straight edge to align the flipper and the orbit so that the ball feeds smoothly in both directions (before adjustment it was feeding too far out from the flipper for a smooth shot). I did have to give the rail a slight tap with a rubber mallet to push the rail guide under the wood rail.

After a handful of games I highly suggest all the tweaks with the exception of maybe the Cliffy post rubbers. I’m considering changing those to titans as the cliffy’s are just a little thicker and I’m getting some hang ups on both of the right orbits. I’m also still getting a complete loss of ball momentum on the right orbit occasionally, but I’m not sure why. My upper orbit is so fast and smooth it’s hard to get more than 2-3 loops, but it’s a lot more fun than the clunky rejects I was getting sometimes before.

I also worked on Alice Cooper yesterday (replacing some broker rubbers), and I just have to say how much of an improvement spooky has made in terms of Serviceability. R&M is a cake walk to disassemble, service, and re-assemble. Props to spooky on an excellent game and massive improvements in design.

#6989 1 year ago

To everyone just putting plastic protectors on when the legs are pinching your cabinet, I’d advise you don’t do that. It will just expand the area of contact and make a larger problem. If your legs are part of the recent batch that seems to be flawed, contact spooky.

#6992 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

My “recent batch” was back in June.

Did you contact spooky?

#7087 1 year ago

Oops
Thanks for posting that correction!

Total Jerry move! just kidding my friend. At least it wasn’t a porn hub link.

#7129 1 year ago
Quoted from canea:

I like the magnasave a lot too. Takes some strategy.
Question about it: on mine magnasave won't activate if flippers are being flipped or held. Is this correckt? I'm used to it at this point - thought maybe this was discussed as an early quirk of the game, but not sure.

I hope I’m not the only one who’s starting furiously tapping for the magnasave while playing other games.

#7189 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Yes, I've already done that, but again...why? It doesn't actually solve the problem, it just makes it bearable while not dealing with the actual core issue which is a design flaw. That's like applying velcro to things in your car that are rattling because your wheel alignment is out.

Adjusting the amp in no way equates to a design flaw. I wish Spooky would just start shipping the amp turned down a bit so we would quit seeing this complaint. It's getting old. Seriously, just turn the three little knobs until it sounds good. It's really not difficult.

#7225 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Unhook the internal sub and hook up external. Problem solved. I did this literally day one of owning and never looked back.
It is crazy to me that spooky hasn't figured this out b/c the shake is so extreme on this game!

I do agree that Spooky needs to just turn it down before shipping games. Look at how it brings out the whiny compainers. It just baffles me that so many people see EQ settings as a design flaw. It's laughable. I adjusted mine day one and there is still a ton of bass and the overall sound is so much better than what any other manufacturer ships (with the exception of maybe the new GNR system...I have only played a couple games so I can't judge that one yet). Speaker Gate 2020!

#7229 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

No one is saying it is a design flaw. You have to turn it all the way down and then literally a hair up without it rattling the whole game! Just not a lot of range of control. I really want to pump up the bass more so maybe I need to just buy an external sub.

I thought someone verbatim called it a design flaw earlier, but I could be wrong. It just seems like such a dumb discussion to me. There are plenty of options to get the sound each person wants and people just complain about the rattling non-stop. It just gets old.

#7296 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Are the beta releases on the website? Or is there an email list?

Eric had to limit the betas because of some issues. I’d guess he’s still testing with reliable beta testers, but there nothing public because of the issues that came up about a month ago.

#7362 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ever heard of American pinball? They are just as passionate, and they are on the forums like Scott is, helpful and going above and beyond.
*Disclaimer, I own neither Spooky or AP pins. Someday!

Congratulations, you pulled a quote from 8 months ago and made some non sequitur statement. I like American too, so I'm not sure why you would feel the need to make your statement. Pinside never ceases to amaze me.

#7388 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unloading the container with a forklift (or moving it around the receiving warehouse). Pretty clear it was dropped.

Definitely looks like a drop or at least a tip over during transit. That's the top end of the box, so if it tipped over it could have split the cab like that. Makes me think Spooky should start using those shipping tip-o-meters like JJP games have on the box. Man it would suck to ship a game half-way across the world only to see a game has tipped in shipping and have to not accept the shipment.

#7414 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’d like to have more indication when you collect a mega seed like a sound effect.

Maybe a probe that lets you know you crammed those megaseeds way up your butthole?

#7466 1 year ago

Decided to play one quick game this morning before work. First adventure starts and it's Roy. I made it to 4 Rick shots before accidently hitting a non-rick shot to end the mode. So damn close to taking Roy off the grid!

#7471 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

How do you determine Rick shots?

By either just shooting every unlit shot, or by hitting the meeseeks target. If you hit the meeseeks target, it will light the Rick shot blue.

#7572 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Someone is going to have to make a steel flapper to fix this properly I think.

This was my plan, but the general consensus seemed to be that there wouldn't be enough buyers to make it worth the upfront costs.

#7579 1 year ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

Did they pause shipping for the new legs?

It takes time to work out the issue with the leg manufacturer, get replacements, and powder coat them. Spooky knows it's an issue, so I'm sure they are working hard on a solution to get everyone taken care of. Everyone affected by this will just have to be patient (me included).

#7602 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Newbie owner here, I wanted to set the machine to PLAY MUSIC during ATTRACT MODE to at least cover the sound of that very loud annoying fan (which I will be replacing with the "quiet" fan at some point, thank God!) but I've put the PLAY MUSIC ON ATTRACT MODE to "on" and it doesn't really work. It plays music for literally 5 seconds but then stops. What am I missing?

Did you go to the settings and turn on attract mode videos? It will play a variety of things from ants in my eyes Johnson to Mexican armada alien invasion.

#7655 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

It seems strange to me that people keep saying it's always both front legs. I can't imagine how but is it somehow possible the cabinet at the front isn't square?

Think of the angle a pin sets at. All the legs have the same issue (being too narrow of an angle). The front is just where the issue shows as players are nudging the game and causing the legs to dig in the into the cab. The back legs have less torsion and therefore are less of a problem. All the legs that have an angle under 100 degrees need to be replaced. No amount of adding any kind of protectors is going to change that.

#7664 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

How do the F bombs get dealt with? I'm assuming they are bleeped out, or are the call-outs changed to eliminate them?

Couple of question from a curious potential member to this club:
1) What's the best things about this game...?
2) Is there a family setting? I want my fucking 11 year old daughter to like it.
Thanks!

Can’t understate the rules on this game, and though it shoots tough it is highly combo-able. Also ripping the spinner will hook about any player.

#7669 1 year ago

One thing I've picked up on that adds fun and uniqueness to this game are things like modes that, for example, make all flippers flip at once, and isn't there a mode that counts the number of flips and ends when you hit a certain number?
And how does the timer between the flippers tie in with things?
Any other unique stuff like that that I've missed?
Isn't there a shot that requires you to hit the pop which is the left sling and then drain immediately, or have I mis-understood that one?

I think what you are referring to are the dimensions. Dimensions are currently my favorite thing to chase in the game. Last I read in the tilt forum there are 25. One deactivates the pop bumper, some don’t affect any mechanics of the game but change scoring. Last night I got to the black ops mode. The entire pf goes black then when the lights come back on there is nothing but night vision green.

#7680 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How many dimensions did you reach in one game? I keep seeing the same 3 or 4.

I think last night was my most ever at 7. My only complaint with the dimensions would be that it is so tough to ever see them. It would be cool if they were totally random or maybe an option to make them random. I could see wanting to have them in a set order for tournament play to keep everyone on equal footing. But in a home environment, it would be nice to have them totally random just so they can be experienced.

#7681 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Are those adjustable flippers? WTF?

Here I was thinking lighting flippers were the way to go

#7686 1 year ago

So how random are they at the moment?

You mean there's a flipper to has lights in them to provide some lighting?

I googled lighting flippers to drop a link here for you and the first thing that came up was this thread you started 8 years ago...damn that's funny. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lightening-flippers

#7702 1 year ago

That's funny!! So by lighting flippers you mean lightning flippers... I get it now

Oh yeah, I didn't catch the typo. A very Jerry move on my part.

#7704 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I understand the idea but if I am only seeing 1-2 dimensions a game I will never see deep dimensions. My portal shot is still problematic.
It’d be nice for an option of just random dimensions. I can see why not if people are playing against each other for points wouldn’t be fair if one player get good dimensions and the other not. But I play solo most times so I’d love to get more variety at least as a menu option.

Are you using both the right orbit and the garage shot to jump to dimensions? I've had the game about a month and I'm already seeing a big increase in how many dimensions I can get to. I'm always trying to get a good rip on the spinner and hit one of the two shots that lead to the garage.