IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2681.png
IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,424 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 569.
#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Gotcha, just loosened it and turned. Checking now. Thanks for the help.

Keep us updated. Did it solve your issue?

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The last small criticism I have is that the main display looks a bit washed out to me. I didnt see any display adjustments in the settings but I may be overlooking them.

The display should have its own control panel on the back of the display. You can adjust the displays settings with it. Just like a computer monitor. My WOZ has one. I have used it too adjust the screen.

#1303 3 years ago

So, a few things I'll say after playing for a few hours. The game isnt nearly as multiball heavy as streams led us to believe. The song modes are usually 1 ball unless you're good at locking balls in the guitar neck. I'm still playing with some sound settings, but I wish the callouts were a bit more audible during songs. This is my first JJP machine and I was hoping for better audio. This game NEEDS an external sub. Luckily I have a spare sitting around I'll hook up tomorrow maybe. An annoying little issue is the one way gate on the ball launch constantly allows the ball to roll back down to the shooter?? Any ideas anyone? The last small criticism I have is that the main display looks a bit washed out to me. I didnt see any display adjustments in the settings but I may be overlooking them. Again, my first JJP. Other than that, the game appears to be in great shape. Everything else works as expected and I see no visible pooling or other playfield issues. It's a fun game, and I must say I'm impressed so far.

There are adjustments on the screen itself..u have to open up backbox to access the back of the display where the buttons are to ajust the picture.

#1304 3 years ago

I just saw Game Exchange updated their LE's from 2-4 weeks special order to 6-12 weeks, and the SE's 4-6 weeks. Haven't heard anything officially yet though.

#1305 3 years ago

So, a few things I'll say after playing for a few hours. The game isnt nearly as multiball heavy as streams led us to believe. The song modes are usually 1 ball unless you're good at locking balls in the guitar neck. I'm still playing with some sound settings, but I wish the callouts were a bit more audible during songs. This is my first JJP machine and I was hoping for better audio. This game NEEDS an external sub. Luckily I have a spare sitting around I'll hook up tomorrow maybe. An annoying little issue is the one way gate on the ball launch constantly allows the ball to roll back down to the shooter?? Any ideas anyone? The last small criticism I have is that the main display looks a bit washed out to me. I didnt see any display adjustments in the settings but I may be overlooking them. Again, my first JJP. Other than that, the game appears to be in great shape. Everything else works as expected and I see no visible pooling or other playfield issues. It's a fun game, and I must say I'm impressed so far.

Had that same minor issue with the ball gate in the shooter lane. Simply yet carefully bend it down just slightly. Issue will be gone.

#1306 3 years ago

I added the Polk PSW10 from amazon for $109 It is perfect now...

#1307 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - 3rd and 4th switch working ?
Then check for loose wires, if optos - are they still in place ?
LTG : )

Quoted from kermit24:

So when you put it in switch test and place a pinball over each switch what do you get?

Ok, spoke to JJP today and they gave me direction on where to look first before taking the upper playfield apart. Good news is that’s where the issue was.

Again the issue was (2 actually);
1. Left center ball lock sensor not working
2.stand up target in upper playfield not working.

Took pictures in case anyone else has the same issue.

Picture 1... where to look;

Picture 2... harness pulled out from wire ties.

Picture 3... the culprit! White wire with brown stripe also another wire tied into same pin (most like stand up target wire).
The pin that goes into the plastic connector was not pushed in all the way so the fix was just to push it I n and the pin locks into place.

Problems fixed. Yay...

All good now.

25899FE6-D8B6-454E-BD89-9C6C4D8D2F22 (resized).jpeg25899FE6-D8B6-454E-BD89-9C6C4D8D2F22 (resized).jpeg74539BB1-B72D-4102-AC36-2C0AECD7B21B (resized).jpeg74539BB1-B72D-4102-AC36-2C0AECD7B21B (resized).jpegDCDA06DB-7D70-4D67-A50C-9C422E2335E1 (resized).jpegDCDA06DB-7D70-4D67-A50C-9C422E2335E1 (resized).jpeg
#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Ok, spoke to JJP today and they gave me direction on where to look first before taking the upper playfield apart. Good news is that’s where the issue was.
Again the issue was (2 actually);
1. Left center ball lock sensor not working
2.stand up target in upper playfield not working.
Took pictures in case anyone else has the same issue.
Picture 1... where to look;
Picture 2... harness pulled out from wire ties.
Picture 3... the culprit! White wire with brown stripe also another wire tied into same pin (most like stand up target wire).
The pin that goes into the plastic connector was not pushed in all the way so the fix was just to push it I n and the pin locks into place.
Problems fixed. Yay...
All good now.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work all. Easy fixes are the best fixes.

#1310 3 years ago

Yup!

Gotta love an easy fix.

Thanks for the help guys!

And thanks to Ken at JJP tech support for helping me out over the phone today.

#1311 3 years ago

With the games strong sales would you think JJP does an LE Topper? They did on Wonka so I figured it was likely on GNR.

#1312 3 years ago

I love a good fix story! Well done!

#1313 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

How did you hook up the Polk? Curious to see if line out? tapped the cab speaker? or another way? No hum or ground loop issues?

#1314 3 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

How did you hook up the Polk? Curious to see if line out? tapped the cab speaker? or another way? No hum or ground loop issues?

I have all my jjp pins alligator clipped to the cab woofer. Has always worked well with no issues.

#1315 3 years ago

Canada was going on about seeing a picture of chipping.
There was a picture a little back that showed the apparent pooling around a post , looked minor to me , I'm not worried about it .
But is there a picture of chipping on the playfield .
If there was a picture , I would assume it would be all over this thread .
Kaneda is this Game's number one fanboy , I don't know why he would say there was chipping if there wasn't any .

#1317 3 years ago

OK- so there is chipping on the scoop hole on a game.. Not sure why no picture has been shown.. but is out there..Clearly making playfields is Hard.

I hear directly that only a handful of playfields are affected.
67380F14-6D7B-447A-B5D4-269C9BC1C4D4 (resized).jpeg67380F14-6D7B-447A-B5D4-269C9BC1C4D4 (resized).jpeg

I’m still in for an LE!

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

OK- so there is chipping on the scoop hole on a game.. Not sure why no picture has been shown.. but is out there..Clearly making playfields is Hard.
[quoted image]
I’m still in for an LE!

That thing needs a cliffy ASAP.

Also the playfield is all scuffed and smudgy, is that a playfield protector? Or has this game just seen tons of play already? Preproduction model maybe?

#1319 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

[quoted image]
I’m still in for an LE!

Looks like they should have continued with the protector around the front .
Not enough to put me off - yet .

#1320 3 years ago
Quoted from JLebowski:

is that a playfield protector?

If there was a protector you wouldn't see the chiping .
Playfield does look a bit scruffy , maybe a bad wax job ?

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

[quoted image]
I’m still in for an LE!

Scoop gets absolutely HAMMERED in GNR, both on purpose and on accident. Hope the cliffy doesn't make the scoop too tough like on KISS.

#1322 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Scoop gets absolutely HAMMERED in GNR, both on purpose and on accident. Hope the cliffy doesn't make the scoop too tough like on KISS.

Scoop looks wider than normal. Can anyone confirm?

#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

[quoted image]
I’m still in for an LE!

Scoop looks Smashed !

Surprised a solution has not been applied ?

C'mon JJP you can do better

#1324 3 years ago

Looks like the Mantis is slightly higher than the PF...and a Cliffy might cover up the lettering.

#1325 3 years ago

Scoop outer edge doesn’t look to be flush.
At the Scoop front where the playfield slopes the scoop doesn’t look to slope that much or it is not aligned properly . It the ball is hitting that as it goes in/ comes out you are going to have a ball that is covered in dings/ dents/ burrs.. that is going to scratch the hell out of the playfield..

But 100% right, JJP should have made a assembles that covers the edge too..thinking AFM saucer hole Cliffy over to you!

#1326 3 years ago

JLebowski maybe right..

This picture has surfaced.. but is unclear of what game it is from.. if it is from a production game with 1000’s of plays/ prototype assembly or if it is out of a recently unboxed game with a few hundred.. I don’t know..

The scoop sides are dented/buckled, especially the left side.. Don’t look to be attached to the inside of the scoop- so what?.. a protector that goes round the back that protects the scoop sides?

#1327 3 years ago

damage on a scoop is the most normal thing in pinball... and not an indication of play field quality. Have you guys seen original MB scoops? Yes it sucks that they didn’t put a proper cliffy on it but there are solutions/preventions to this

#1328 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

The display should have its own control panel on the back of the display. You can adjust the displays settings with it. Just like a computer monitor. My WOZ has one. I have used it too adjust the screen.

Quoted from bigd1979:

There are adjustments on the screen itself..u have to open up backbox to access the back of the display where the buttons are to ajust the picture.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Had that same minor issue with the ball gate in the shooter lane. Simply yet carefully bend it down just slightly. Issue will be gone.

Quoted from Jecco74:

Thanks for the info everyone! I'll have a look at it after work today.

#1329 3 years ago

Mylar up folks

#1330 3 years ago

Scoop needs more than Mylar

#1331 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Well it's not exactly what I'd call a lot of points or anything

It definitely is if you build it up and cash in a triple. Got over 300-400k from it before. Nothing to sneeze at. It’s pretty easy to light.

#1332 3 years ago

Anyone know if the center post in the left outlane is supposed to have a rubber on it??
[quoted image]

I was missing the same rubber on my JJP POTC....they told me to add one and it helps.

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

[quoted image]
I’m still in for an LE!

Wonder if Cliffy could make a Clear carbon Fiber so that you don't lose the artwork....don't know if clear is even possible/available.

#1334 3 years ago

Let’s find out more about the machine that this picture was taken of?

#1335 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Canada was going on about seeing a picture of chipping.
There was a picture a little back that showed the apparent pooling around a post , looked minor to me , I'm not worried about it .
But is there a picture of chipping on the playfield .
If there was a picture , I would assume it would be all over this thread .
Kaneda is this Game's number one fanboy , I don't know why he would say there was chipping if there wasn't any .

As a representative from CANADA, I wish to remind everyone that we are not to be confused with Kaneda.
The USA is entirely to blame for that mess.

#1336 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

As a representative from CANADA, I wish to remind everyone that we are not to be confused with Kaneda.

I was in Toronto once in 1990. All I can remember is that it was $11 for a Big Mac. Beautiful city

#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

damage on a scoop is the most normal thing in pinball... and not an indication of play field quality. Have you guys seen original MB scoops? Yes it sucks that they didn’t put a proper cliffy on it but there are solutions/preventions to this

possibly ... but in such a short time?
My AFMr still looks great

#1338 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Wonder if Cliffy could make a Clear carbon Fiber so that you don't lose the artwork....don't know if clear is even possible/available.

I was also thinking the same thing for the guitar head 6 ball lock. I would think with all the ball's rolling off that something should be made for that as well that would be clear

Screenshot_20201021-112515_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201021-112515_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:I was also thinking the same thing for the guitar head 6 ball lock. I would think with all the ball's rolling off that something should be made for that as well that would be clear[quoted image]

To add to this... thick mylar underneath to protect the playfield from the balls dropping onto it.

#1340 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

To add to this... thick mylar underneath to protect the playfield from the balls dropping onto it.

It is already there. Large mylar section.

#1341 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

[quoted image]
I’m still in for an LE!

Almost looks like someone took a screw driver and hammer to that scoop! it's bent to crap. perhaps this has something to do with the chip? There is no way this is a new machine less than a week old??

#1342 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Almost looks like someone took a screw driver and hammer to that scoop! it's bent to crap. perhaps this has something to do with the chip? There is no way this is a new machine less than a week old??

I totally agree although this area needs a much better protector. This scoop is gonna take a beating. Unfortunately in the past JJP has had a problems in this area. They tried to make their own protector for DI LE and it was crap. I had to replace mine with Cliffs version. I really don't understand why they don't go to Cliff and have him make protectors that can be factory installed. I mean whats another $20 on a $9500 game?

#1343 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I totally agree although this area needs a much better protector. This scoop is gonna take a beating. Unfortunately in the past JJP has had a problems in this area. They tried to make their own protector for DI LE and it was crap. I had to replace mine with Cliffs version. I really don't understand why they don't go to Cliff and have him make protectors that can be factory installed. I mean whats another $20 on a $9500 game?

CGC put the scoop protector on my MB LE I just bought from them. This was just "Factory", as I didn't ask for it. That's the sign of a company that obviously sees the consumer "want" and cares about quality.

BTW - Selling that MB so I can get this GnR CE. We'll see if that's a good or bad move in time.

#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Well, you guys did take responsibility for Justin Bieber, so i spose that's fair enough.

#1345 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

CGC put the scoop protector on my MB LE I just bought from them. This was just "Factory", as I didn't ask for it. That's the sign of a company that obviously sees the consumer "want" and cares about quality.
BTW - Selling that MB so I can get this GnR CE. We'll see if that's a good or bad move in time.

mine has one as well. It was nice to see CGC recognized this was a problem area and provided a solution.

#1346 3 years ago

I joined the club today!

Just a heads up - I had a "trough errror" that was a result of 3 plugs pulling free from the motherboard in the head (right side of board) - I found a 2 years old thread about Pirates with the exact issue - and with that info, I plugged them in and all was fine. Here's a link to that old thread if you had that issue - it has to do with how the zip tied the cables and folded the head:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brand-new-jjp-pirates-unpacking-trough-error

Another note- I also had a tilt bob error. I didn't realize they installed it and it was surrounded by foam causing it to lock as tilted. I removed the foam and again, all was well.

The machine is beautiful - and absolutely Jack's best effort yet. Incredible, effort all around.

Now to enjoy the machine!
IMG_3102 (resized).jpgIMG_3102 (resized).jpgView recent photos (resized).pngView recent photos (resized).pngIMG_3110 (resized).jpgIMG_3110 (resized).jpgIMG_3112 (resized).jpgIMG_3112 (resized).jpgIMG_3115 (resized).jpgIMG_3115 (resized).jpgIMG_3119 (resized).jpgIMG_3119 (resized).jpg62499247993__DAC825EA-67BE-4BAA-B0D3-C9730A9910DF (resized).jpg62499247993__DAC825EA-67BE-4BAA-B0D3-C9730A9910DF (resized).jpg

#1348 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I joined the club today! - the machine was literally built yesterday in Chicago (10/20/20), shipped to Mike at Automated last night, and in my home (Long Island, NY) this AM (10/21/20.)
Just a heads up - I had a "trough errror" that was a result of 3 plugs pulling free from the motherboard in the head (right side of board) - I found a 2 years old thread about Pirates with the exact issue - and with that info, I plugged them in and all was fine. Here's a link to that old thread if you had that issue - it has to do with how the zip tied the cables and folded the head:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brand-new-jjp-pirates-unpacking-trough-error
Another note- I also had a tilt bob error. I didn't realize they installed it and it was surrounded by foam causing it to lock as tilted. I removed the foam and again, all was well.
The machine is beautiful - and absolutely Jack's best effort yet. Incredible, effort all around.
Now to enjoy the machine![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Jelly jelly. Amazing turn around from factory to distributor to your house!

#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Jelly jelly. Amazing turn around from factory to distributor to your house!

Right? It's crazy it was finished yesterday and in my home. My DialedIn was 3 weeks old from manufacture to delivery. I'm so excited for Jack and the team.

This is a true hit.

#1350 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I joined the club today! - the machine was literally built yesterday in Chicago (10/20/20), shipped to Mike at Automated last night, and in my home (Long Island, NY) this AM (10/21/20.)
Now to enjoy the machine![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Same as others - jealous but happy to see they are making them at least. Awesome pics - very nice. Enjoy it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,424 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/27?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.