Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 560.
#4351 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Meh. I've had my LE for over 2 months now (#134) - I'm already bored with it.
I'm am 100% kidding - this is an incredible machine!!!!

Hah you had me for a sec. how do you like it compared to dialed in? GNR has been such a great experience it has me looking at wanting another JJP.

#4352 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Meh. I've had my LE for over 2 months now (#134) - I'm already bored with it.
I'm am 100% kidding - this is an incredible machine!!!!

You got me. I was like whaaaaaat.

#4353 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Trust me. It is!!

I don’t know about that...I paid in full for my LE several weeks ago and still waiting on shipping information.

#4354 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I don’t know about that...I paid in full for my LE several weeks ago and still waiting on shipping information.

The last of the LE’s are going out. The CE’s are on the line ASAP and from what I’m told they will make all 500 at once.

#4355 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Try to get all the album patches before doing one as it doubles your score. AVOID desert demolition (use your illusion I).

I actually never tried getting all the album patches before going into the mode. I've never gotten more than three songs in one game at this point. I've only had it a few weeks. I finally put up a 50 million-point score last night. Starting to get the hang of it...

#4356 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

From JJP or a distributor? If the latter, you may be in a queue for after the CE run.

#4357 3 years ago

Anybody leaving in Denver Colorado how bad is weather at the moment? I’m bummed out my GNR ship from JJP on the December 21st and when I check the tracking shows its stuck in Colorado due to weather delay and it was supposed to arrive in California yesterday
Was really hoping to arrived before the holidays it’s looking like a sad 2020 for me..

#4358 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Once I got the call to pay up in full it took about 3 weeks before I got shipping confirmation. Arrives tomorrow if everything goes well.

#4359 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hell yea! Can’t wait to see the playfield and COMA feature. But more importantly, I can’t wait for more people to experience GNR PINBALL!!!

Eskaybee and I got our games the same day and I really enjoy your posts as I feel our progression into this game as been very similar. I’ve rated this game a 10 and have gotten some flags for it, but the game has gotten even better since I’ve rated it and learned more of its complexity. Each song in this game feels like a wizard mode to me. The risk/reward of how valuable you want to make the song has been the challenge for me. There is not a lot of value in boosters, but finishing a song with as much boosting as you can do is incredible. Like Eskaybee said, there are few pinball experiences that match an applause jackpot mixed with an encore into the next song. I love JP2 also, and I think EHOH is a “10” pin for me also, but there is something about GnR that sets it apart from any other pin right now!

#4360 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Once I got the call to pay up in full it took about 3 weeks before I got shipping confirmation. Arrives tomorrow if everything goes well.

When did you order initially out of curiosity? I ordered day 1 within probably 2 minutes of them going on sale and my LE just shipped yesterday. They seem to still be fulfilling at least some day 1 orders almost 3 months later. Demand is definitely outstripping supply

#4361 3 years ago

Anyone else have the center loop drain to the right outlane? I have the machine at the perfect angle for me so I don't want to adjust the pitch. I don't want to bend the metal either. Wondering if anybody has an easy fix? I was thinking of maybe a little piece of rubber right at the tip.

#4362 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

When did you order initially out of curiosity? I ordered day 1 within probably 2 minutes of them going on sale and my LE just shipped yesterday. They seem to still be fulfilling at least some day 1 orders almost 3 months later. Demand is definitely outstripping supply

Day 1 within 60 seconds.

#4363 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Anyone else have the center loop drain to the right outlane? I have the machine at the perfect angle for me so I don't want to adjust the pitch. I don't want to bend the metal either. Wondering if anybody has an easy fix? I was thinking of maybe a little piece of rubber right at the tip.

Left to right level ok? Haven’t had that issue so far.

#4364 3 years ago

Hard to find anything to criticize about this game. I believe more meat will be added to collecting cities plus the missing wizard mode.

As to whether to playing a song to completion is a strategy, yeah it’s real. I do it and have completed encore five times now and feel it is a worthwhile goal. My only issue with the game code is that I think it is too hard (impossible) to start wizard mode. As it stands you need to have played 4 albums plus Tour and Slash. Currently when you qualify an album you must start it at the scoop. You cannot skip starting it and you cannot start building to another song. So you must (play song(s) -> play album) x 4 + play Slash and Tour. I do not think that is possible, prove me wrong. And if you did it, was it because you were good and it ain’t no thing, or were there 30 mph winds blowing in your direction?

There is a Hail Mary strategy to starting Wizard mode now from playing Patience. I played it today and was 4 minutes into the song and lost the ball. It distributed 1 min per each album. If I had played 4 seconds it would have distributed 1 second per album. So in my mind that should count in the current rules as having played all 4 albums, without a need for a change (other than adjusting software to work). I had already played Tour and Slash and after getting 1 minute unto each album, it didn’t work as expected. If so, it should have blinked at the scoop to start the wizard mode.

If it were to have worked, then there is one path to get to Wizard mode. To be more specific, it won’t be achievable to play through and start a wizard mode (without playing Patience) on a regular basis by the top 10% of players, top 5% of players or even top 1%. That is too hard in my book and there should be an adjustment to dumb down results to the masses. I think changing - played albums - to - started song in each album - would put it within reach. Then I suggest making - started song in each album - as the default setting. Played albums - would be available at flip of a switch in the menu, along with a warning. Am I being too shortsighted in my overview?

#4365 3 years ago

My only criticism of the design is that the SE model is missing too much without the upper playfield. On SE you shoot left a turnaround ramp instead of the upper playfield on LE. Why do I think that omission is important. The upper playfield is your center for ball handling (think ball fondlers) and decision making. Prior to starting a song, a trip to the top can 1) put (1-6) balls into a physical ball lock and start album mode 2) hit lights target and start a multiball 3) qualify 2 band members 4) spell amp and start a multiball 5) spell GNR and collect patch and 6) spell GNR with short drain. In addition to being able to do these six things, I can pick which one I want to do, an accomplish that one specifically. It puts the player in control. There are additional uses of it during song modes too. I don’t know how the software chooses which of these items to award simultaneously for the SE, but the path to choosing one’s own destiny is taken away with the disappearance of that big, beautiful, upper playfield.

For location play, the SE can be all right, as most people don’t know where to begin. But an LE on location is appreciated by average+ players too. Both seem to be viable products.

#4366 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My only criticism of the design is that the SE model is missing too much without the upper playfield. On SE you shoot left a turnaround ramp instead of the upper playfield on LE. Why do I think that omission is important. The upper playfield is your center for ball handling (think ball fondlers) and decision making. Prior to starting a song, a trip to the top can 1) put (1-6) balls into a physical ball lock and start album mode 2) hit lights target and start a multiball 3) qualify 2 band members 4) spell amp and start a multiball 5) spell GNR and collect patch and 6) spell GNR with short drain. In addition to being able to do these six things, I can pick which one I want to do, an accomplish that one specifically. It puts the player in control. There are additional uses of it during song modes too. I don’t know how the software chooses which of these items to award simultaneously for the SE, but the power to control one’s own destiny is taken away along without that big, beautiful, upper playfield.

And that is one of my main reasons i went for the LE. And i love the artpackage of LE way better over the other ones.

#4367 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Left to right level ok? Haven’t had that issue so far.

Yes, it's spot on. I might adjust it a little bit just to see if it makes a difference.

#4368 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The last of the LE’s are going out. The CE’s are on the line ASAP and from what I’m told they will make all 500 at once.

LE’s aren’t sold out. The last of the day 1 orders?

#4369 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Wow, my center loops usually will hit right at the plunge exit, well above the outline.

#4370 3 years ago

Need some help, where is switch # 85 located?

20201230_181222 (resized).jpg20201230_181222 (resized).jpg
#4371 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I don’t mean sold out. I mean the LE’s on the line are done for now. CE’s next til 500 are made.

#4372 3 years ago

IMG_3640 (resized).jpgIMG_3640 (resized).jpgIMG_3641 (resized).jpgIMG_3641 (resized).jpg

Lockup enter switch

#4373 3 years ago

My only criticism of the design is that the SE model is missing too much without the upper playfield. On SE you shoot left a turnaround ramp instead of the upper playfield on LE. Why do I think that omission is important. The upper playfield is your center for ball handling (think ball fondlers) and decision making. Prior to starting a song, a trip to the top can 1) put (1-6) balls into a physical ball lock and start album mode 2) hit lights target and start a multiball 3) qualify 2 band members 4) spell amp and start a multiball 5) spell GNR and collect patch and 6) spell GNR with short drain. In addition to being able to do these six things, I can pick which one I want to do, an accomplish that one specifically. It puts the player in control. There are additional uses of it during song modes too. I don’t know how the software chooses which of these items to award simultaneously for the SE, but the path to choosing one’s own destiny is taken away with the disappearance of that big, beautiful, upper playfield.
For location play, the SE can be all right, as most people don’t know where to begin. But an LE on location is appreciated by average+ players too. Both seem to be viable products.

Loved your post before this and upvoted it, well thought out and well explained. Looking forward to seeing mine soon i hope.
The comments above don't seem valid when you could have negated all your points by just spending more money and buying the next model up, which most of the people in this thread seem to have done.

#4374 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Need some help, where is switch # 85 located?
[quoted image]

Mike it’s likely that the white packing foam pushed the switch wires together on top and shorted them. Happened on my game.

#4375 3 years ago

LE#169 has landed today and... what a game !

I love GnR, and this is why I pulled the trigger the day after the announcement for a LE. There was a lot of hype and buzz around the light show, how "amazing" it was, and this game was a Winner...

I can certify that this was NOT overhyped, and this game is blowing my mind since I installed it ! The light show is truly a new yardstick for the pinball industry ! HOMERUN for JJP !

I have 3 questions regarding the game:
- when the ball "drain" from the upper playfield, it goes to the right outlane 8 out of 10 times. Is it normal ?
- when the ball goes up the right ramp, it does not stay in between the drum sticks but between the right one and the cabinet, then hits the metal ramp wall and gets pushed onto the playfield instead of going down to the right flipper. Is it normal ?
- when the ball gets into the left lock of the center guitar, and gets released, it's 8 out of 10 times a SDTM. Is it normal ?

FYI, my game is currently setup around 7' (instead of 6.5' as recommended).

#4376 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

LE#169 has landed today and... what a game !
I love GnR, and this is why I pulled the trigger the day after the announcement for a LE. There was a lot of hype and buzz around the light show, how "amazing" it was, and this game was a Winner...
I can certify that this was NOT overhyped, and this game is blowing my mind since I installed it ! The light show is truly a new yardstick for the pinball industry ! HOMERUN for JJP !
I have 3 questions regarding the game:
- when the ball "drain" from the upper playfield, it goes to the right outlane 8 out of 10 times. Is it normal ?
- when the ball goes up the right ramp, it does not stay in between the drum sticks but between the right one and the cabinet, then hits the metal ramp wall and gets pushed onto the playfield instead of going down to the right flipper. Is it normal ?
- when the ball gets into the left lock of the center guitar, and gets released, it's 8 out of 10 times a SDTM. Is it normal ?
FYI, my game is currently setup around 7' (instead of 6.5' as recommended).

Not normal for questions 1, 2 or 3. Double check side-to-side level and lower the pitch. You probably need to head to the issues thread for these items, and I am interested in hearing the solutions.

#4377 3 years ago

Looking forward to my CE in 2021! Happy new year all!

#4378 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I might be playing the game wrong. I'm still learning and there is so much going on with this game. When I build up the booster jackpots before the songs my applause jackpots are much higher than the mid-song jackpots, especially if I get to fan frenzy.

To clarify, when I was referring to completion, I was talking about "completing the game" not songs. I was responding to someone else asking about whether it was possible to complete the game. Definitely worth more to make it to the end of the song then cashout part way through.

#4379 3 years ago

On the SE the ramp always returns to GNR letters, the ramp also gives you the locks and for hit the lights you get that from combos between the ramps. In generally everything you listed is just different on the SE. GNR letters and locks are easier on the SE, while hit the lights is harder arguably. Additionally getting AMP is definitely harder because you either need a bounce into that lane or need to schatz the inlane.

#4380 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Post #1509 and a few before that may solve this issue

#4381 3 years ago

Not normal for questions 1, 2 or 3. Double check side-to-side level and lower the pitch. You probably need to head to the issues thread for these items, and I am interested in hearing the solutions.

Issues thread? Why wouldn't we discuss issues here? This is the owners thread, what better place to ask for advice?

#4382 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

No, definitely not the last of day 1 orders.

#4383 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

To clarify, when I was referring to completion, I was talking about "completing the game" not songs. I was responding to someone else asking about whether it was possible to complete the game. Definitely worth more to make it to the end of the song then cashout part way through.

My bad! Lol. I missed a response in there. I have myself thinking I was doing something wrong in the song. Lol.

#4384 3 years ago

LE is the way to go with this game without a doubt.

Quoted from daley:

On the SE the ramp always returns to GNR letters, the ramp also gives you the locks and for hit the lights you get that from combos between the ramps. In generally everything you listed is just different on the SE. GNR letters and locks are harder, while hit the lights is harder arguably. Additionally getting AMP is definitely harder because you either need a bounce into that lane or need to schatz the inlane.

#4385 3 years ago

Was playing and heard something hit the bottom of the cabinet. Found this underneath and trying to figure out where it came from. Anyone know where this belongs?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4386 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Was playing and heard something hit the bottom of the cabinet. Found this underneath and trying to figure out where it came from. Anyone know where this belongs?
[quoted image]

I found the same two screws in my cabinet. I couldn't tell where they came from.

#4387 3 years ago

Believe they are from left ramp diverter....

#4388 3 years ago

Yes I think you are right. Appears to be #12 in the pop up diverter assembly. Though I can’t seem to find the flat or split washer.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4389 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Yes I think you are right. Appears to be #12 in the pop up diverter assembly. Though I can’t seem to find the flat or split washer.
[quoted image]

There was a service bulletin on that mech that my distributor sent to me. The split washer wasn’t included on a small run of games. JJP sent me a kit with the 2 screws, 2 flat washers, and 2 lock washers with instructions. Easy Peazy fix, takes a 7/64” Allen wrench.

Hit up your distributor to have JJP send you out the washers kit (or go get them at Lowe’s or Home Depot?).

#4390 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There was a service bulletin on that mech that my distributor sent to me. The split washer wasn’t included on a small run of games. JJP sent me a kit with the 2 screws, 2 flat washers, and 2 lock washers with instructions. Easy Peazy fix, takes a 7/64” Allen wrench.
Hit up your distributor to have JJP send you out the washers kit (or go get them at Lowe’s or Home Depot?).

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/Service%20Bulletin_GNR_Left_Ramp_Diverter.pdf

#4391 3 years ago

Thanks guys for the response. Going to run out to Home Depot and get this fixed up.

#4392 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Issues thread? Why wouldn't we discuss issues here? This is the owners thread, what better place to ask for advice?

Exactly. There is no issues thread. This thread is where we help each other.

#4393 3 years ago

images11 (resized).jpgimages11 (resized).jpg

#4394 3 years ago

The GNR logo patch lights special. When i collect the patch for the life of me I can't find where the special is lit. Anyone know? Thx

#4395 3 years ago

Back to https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/88#post-6046120

I have (almost) fixed the drumstick behavior, but I am unable to fix the drain from the guitar lock (left side from player point of view is SDTM), and I think the rate of drain in the right outlane on a drop from the upper playfield is abnormally high.

I share 2 slo mo video in case someone has an idea. FYI, I leveled properly my game.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0h5n8hH4PHiPC

thanks for your help and Happy New Year !

#4396 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Back to https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/88#post-6046120
I have (almost) fixed the drumstick behavior, but I am unable to fix the drain from the guitar lock (left side from player point of view is SDTM), and I think the rate of drain in the right outlane on a drop from the upper playfield is abnormally high.
I share 2 slo mo video in case someone has an idea. FYI, I leveled properly my game.
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0h5n8hH4PHiPC
thanks for your help and Happy New Year !

You’re game is missing a rubber on the exit of that loop which is supposed to redirect it into the rubber just under the uppper right flipper.

6E39C576-2985-4642-9AD3-E344C646E2AA (resized).jpeg6E39C576-2985-4642-9AD3-E344C646E2AA (resized).jpeg

What did you do to fix your drum stick ramp? I occasionally have the same thing where it’ll hop over the right drumstick and ride the side cab and drumstick.

#4397 3 years ago

Unfortunately I have a rubber on that post, I replaced it with a Titan's one, it's a little better but still gets too many drains in the right outlane.
BTW, what is the black pad you have in the center of your guitar ? Is it something you've added ? I dont have anything there, and the SDTM from the guitar is the most annoying problem, nothing you can do to save a good game when the ball is released from that spot

For the drumstick issue, it was mainly due to the extra steepness of my initial setup. After getting close to 6.5', the ball gets rarely between the drumstick and the cabinet.

#4398 3 years ago

I believe you just loosen and adjust it...

Quoted from Eskaybee:

What did you do to fix your drum stick ramp?

#4399 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Unfortunately I have a rubber on that post, I replaced it with a Titan's one, it's a little better but still gets too many drains in the right outlane.
BTW, what is the black pad you have in the center of your guitar ? Is it something you've added ? I dont have anything there, and the SDTM from the guitar is the most annoying problem, nothing you can do to save a good game when the ball is released from that spot
For the drumstick issue, it was mainly due to the extra steepness of my initial setup. After getting close to 6.5', the ball gets rarely between the drumstick and the cabinet.

For the guitar lock release, is have you checked your left/right level near the back of the game?

For the lower playfield drain, you can adjust the ball guide there slightly. It’s a bit of a pain since you need to remove the left ramp. Loosen two screws, push ball guide forward and tighten. Game pitch is an easier adjustment. Try to go to 6.7

#4400 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

That black pad is a small piece of drop dead ball foam - I was experimenting with it to help with the SDTM on that left ball release. Temp fix til I really investigate further.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.