Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 560.
#7501 2 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalPoet:

maybe I misread that somewhere it was a thermal fuse instead of a thermal switch? I have not dug into it anymore other than testing it in coil test and trying to see what others were saying on the thread. I plan on getting ahold of JJP tomorrow. Thanks.

I think it was just assumed it was a fuse of some kind because people weren't familiar with thermal switches. There's always some inaccurate information in the fog of a new release, but it all gets sorted eventually...

#7502 2 years ago

Gnr CE 374 here, ive got about 40 plays on it, then moved it home and now have 8 switch errors all on return 1 J200-1 looking for a loose cable or plug but cant find anything yet, JjP tech is closed today any thing else I can check? All fuses and connectors look to be good. Each switch is good and cat 9 cable on J200-1 to main board with other cat9 cables all looks solid, what else to check next?

Also, bottom left sensor in guitar neck will not detect ball in game or diag mode, it calibrates and says its good but no go, game is unplayable.

D815ADB9-83A8-48CE-8E5B-5AFAE9F6F381 (resized).jpegD815ADB9-83A8-48CE-8E5B-5AFAE9F6F381 (resized).jpegD9ED0B98-DFBC-4A94-8817-320709E43668 (resized).jpegD9ED0B98-DFBC-4A94-8817-320709E43668 (resized).jpeg
#7503 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaketime81:

Gnr CE 374 here, ive got about 40 plays on it, then moved it home and now have 8 switch errors all on return 1 J200-1 looking for a loose cable or plug but cant find anything yet, JjP tech is closed today any thing else I can check? All fuses and connectors look to be good. Each switch is good and cat 9 cable on J200-1 to main board with other cat9 cables all looks solid, what else to check next?
Also, bottom left sensor in guitar neck will not detect ball in game or diag mode, it calibrates and says its good but no go, game is unplayable.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Make sure the center spinner works (it says it's okay), then if it does, check around the Center spinner switch. It's the only one not affected by the row being out. That seems suspect.

#7504 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaketime81:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Had a similar issue on my WWCE. Have you checked all of the 8 pin connectors behind the screen on the board? I had a couple where the end needed to be pushed in, so there was a better connection. After this, all worked well.

#7505 2 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Had a similar issue on my WWCE. Have you checked all of the 8 pin connectors behind the screen on the board? I had a couple where the end needed to be pushed in, so there was a better connection. After this, all worked well.

Got it! thanks Tdavis7065 I pulled the 8 pin connector and reseated it and all is good again!!! Thanks! Now lets get this party started!

#7506 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Are you happy with the game and build quality? How would you compare Gunners build quality to other JJP machines? I ask because we are in for a LE and build issues with JJP scare me.

They are no better than Stern and no worse. I had a lot of issues with my DI. On GNR nothing that you can't work out so far but clearly the move to IL has reduced the quality a little bit. I was totally out on JJP but glad I risked GNR.

Neil.

#7507 2 years ago

Vitty thanks for sharing the install of the cliffy. - how does the game play with the cliffy in the scoop? Both getting the ball in the scoop and the ball ejecting?

Neil.

#7508 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Vitty thanks for sharing the install of the cliffy. - how does the game play with the cliffy in the scoop? Both getting the ball in the scoop and the ball ejecting?
Neil.

Honestly plays much better than stock protector as at least my stock scoop protector was raise off the playfield on both sides. Also getting the scoop lid secured and locked tighter in place helps as well as mine was super loose.

#7509 2 years ago

It looks like GNR owners are too busy having fun playing to vote in Pinside poles. Star Trek better than GNR?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-3-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition-2021

#7510 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

It looks like GNR owners are too busy having fun playing to vote in Pinside poles. Star Trek better than GNR?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-3-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition-2021

I saw that as well...I own both and GnR is way better...We need the GnR fans to start voting as voting closes tonight!

#7511 2 years ago

Must of missed nearly all those pics and i read every post in the thread.

#7512 2 years ago

Current high score on the one at my business.

LTG : )

DSC00473 (resized).JPGDSC00473 (resized).JPG
#7513 2 years ago
HateYou (resized).pngHateYou (resized).png
#7514 2 years ago

<blockquote cite=

Quoted from LTG:

Current high score on the one at my business.
[quoted image]

I SUCK!!!

#7515 2 years ago

Greetings Gn'R Fans,

Our family is moving out to Colorado this summer and will likely be able to purchase this as our first JJP game around the same time. Just a couple questions:

- What are the delivery lead times on the LE at this point?

- What are the LxWxH dimensions of the game?

Thanks in advance!

#7516 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

They are no better than Stern and no worse. I had a lot of issues with my DI. On GNR nothing that you can't work out so far but clearly the move to IL has reduced the quality a little bit. I was totally out on JJP but glad I risked GNR.
Neil.

Thanks very much, I appreciate it.

#7517 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Greetings Gn'R Fans,
Our family is moving out to Colorado this summer and will likely be able to purchase this as our first JJP game around the same time. Just a couple questions:
- What are the delivery lead times on the LE at this point?
- What are the LxWxH dimensions of the game?
Thanks in advance!

LE delivery is ESTIMATED somewhere around late fall/end of the year if you reserve now. Most dists (all?) are taking $1000 non-refundable deposits. CE is sold out. Some dists have had SEs for open sale recently.

The delivery box the pin comes in is 57” x 29 3/4”.

#7518 2 years ago

Installed the shooter lane cliffy protectors tonight. Not the easiest task, but not too bad.

1. Remove the apron and carefully rest it on top of the playfield. It's held on with two screws and two nuts underneath. Can't say I like this design, but it's ok.
2. Remove the shooter mechanism and rest it on the support rail.
3. Remove the first four screws of the rail so you can pull up the light rail enough to slide the protector under it being careful not to crack it. The screws holding the light rail down are long so you have to pull the rail up quite a bit to slide the cliffy under it.

Trough side protector is pretty standard, just three easily accessible screws.

Took me about 30 mins.

PXL_20210322_233833185.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210322_233833185.NIGHT (resized).jpg
#7519 2 years ago

Damn just got a 32M (flawless victory) Thirst for Carnage Album mode! There are points there if you build up the value. I think I started around 75. By far the largest one for me.

61B253C2-5DFA-416D-9816-52CBA7D33CF2 (resized).jpeg61B253C2-5DFA-416D-9816-52CBA7D33CF2 (resized).jpeg
#7520 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

LE delivery is ESTIMATED somewhere around late fall/end of the year if you reserve now. Most dists (all?) are taking $1000 non-refundable deposits. CE is sold out. Some dists have had SEs for open sale recently.
The delivery box the pin comes in is 57” x 29 3/4”.

Thanks for the feedback. Can someone let me know how wide the back box is? Haven’t owned a JJP before so curios how it compares on width to the Stern Jurassic Park I currently have. Thanks!

#7521 2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. Can someone let me know how wide the back box is? Haven’t owned a JJP before so curios how it compares on width to the Stern Jurassic Park I currently have. Thanks!

Should be 29", give or take a smidge. An owner with one on hand can verify, though.

#7522 2 years ago

Well it’s seems my axl lane magnet has failed like many others! When I first got my game it seemed to grab quite a bit and have a very strong grab. Now for the last week or so it very seldom grabs, and it’s very weak. When into coil test and couldn’t get it to work. My question is has anyone asked jjp if there is a permanent solution for this problem? Is just a bad batch of thermal fuses? Bad design? Has anyone looked into just changing the thermal fuse and what is the rating on it? I have been running 1:14. Just updated to 1:19 yesterday.

If it grabs at all, it's working - the fuse will kill it entirely. If you're seeing it grab during gameplay (even weakly), check that magnet coil test more closely...it's a very short pulse and you'll need a ball very close to the magnet when the start button fires it. If it jumps at all, it's firing.

#7523 2 years ago

Well it’s seems my axl lane magnet has failed like many others! When I first got my game it seemed to grab quite a bit and have a very strong grab. Now for the last week or so it very seldom grabs, and it’s very weak. When into coil test and couldn’t get it to work. My question is has anyone asked jjp if there is a permanent solution for this problem? Is just a bad batch of thermal fuses? Bad design? Has anyone looked into just changing the thermal fuse and what is the rating on it? I have been running 1:14. Just updated to 1:19 yesterday.

JJP hasn’t said why they are failing or what the fix is, and haven’t acknowledged the problem on Pinside. The best way to test it is to check for continuity across the magnet’s coil lugs. No continuity means the fuse has popped.

#7524 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Should be 29", give or take a smidge. An owner with one on hand can verify, though.

28" and 13/16ths of an inch ( 29" is good enough )

#7525 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

JJP hasn’t said why they are failing or what the fix is, and haven’t acknowledged the problem on Pinside. The best way to test it is to check for continuity across the magnet’s coil lugs. No continuity means the fuse has popped.

To be clear, the part is a thermal switch, not a fuse.

#7526 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

28" and 13/16ths of an inch ( 29" is good enough )

In some gamerooms, that 3/16" can be very important. Thanks for chiming in with the exact measurement.

#7527 2 years ago

May be leaving the club. I think mine is the 1st listed used in Australia, has a premium on it because i'm happy to keep it.

Such a beautiful machine but just to hard for me to the stage that it's not fun.

Hopefully i'll get one again one day (or get to keep mine).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gunsnrosespinball/permalink/350991079664497/

#7528 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

May be leaving the club. I think mine is the 1st listed used in Australia, has a premium on it because i'm happy to keep it.
Such a beautiful machine but just to hard for me to the stage that it's not fun.

I don't do Facebook. What are you asking for it? Is it an LE or a CE?

#7529 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

May be leaving the club.

If you do. I hope you stay active in the club.

#7530 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I promise you, that stage passes...the outlanes are greedy but after a while you learn to anticipate them and the vertical nudges needed to rattle them out of danger.

Don't give up Punkin!

#7531 2 years ago

Haha CE As if.

It's an LE #264 .

Has a set of uninstalled black mirrors from KJS and a lighted button from him that doesn't work. Has lighted flipper buttons (and stock ones) and has a super duper kit from Dan at Pinwoofer that only has the harness in it atm.

$24.5Kau delivered by Bill east coast of Australia. 349 lightly used games. Top score is under 4M.

Email to [email protected] first email (besides the one i already have from LLoyds auctions ) ) get's it.

#7532 2 years ago

It took me a long time to dethrone my wife's 20M score but I did it!

IMG_2911 (resized).jpegIMG_2911 (resized).jpeg
#7533 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

...and I think I may have to sleep in my car now.

#7534 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

...and I think I may have to sleep in my car now.

That’s pretty funny man you almost made me drop my drink...lol

#7535 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Of course you had the benefit of the added power chord bonus and she may not have.

#7536 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:Damn just got a 32M (flawless victory) Thirst for Carnage Album mode!

IMG_20210323_221232 (resized).jpgIMG_20210323_221232 (resized).jpg
#7537 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

$24.5Kau delivered by Bill east coast of Australia.

You should put it on Gumtree to maximize your chances , but at 24.5 I think you'll be staying in the club , if not , you're laughing .
I had Bill / Trent pick up my Hobbit the other weekend , they do a great job .

#7538 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Congrats Derek. Wish i was there to see it. Big increase in GC as well.

#7539 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Congrats Derek. Wish i was there to see it. Big increase in GC as well.

I didn't get it on stream, but I did get it on Scorbit.

#7540 2 years ago

Joined the hobby 1 year ago with the purchase of a Stern Jurassic Park pro. Have played 5,000+ games throughout quarantine and am now ready to look at a second pin. Really enjoyed learning the JP ruleset and building up my skill to (almost) reach escape nublar. Can't wait to dive into a second pin.

I am currently between GnR (LE) or an Avengers IQ (Premium) and am hoping this group can provide a recommendation. I have flipped an Avengers (CE) on location and really liked the flow, speed and combo potentials. It also seems at first glance like it has a similarly deep ruleset like Jurassic Park. Really hoping my local arcade (Wizard's World) gets their GnR LE soon so I can flip and compare.

GnR is my wife and my all-time favorite band. We love the music and have seen Slash in concert with Velvet Revolver as well as Miles Kennedy multiple times. That will likely put us over the top on the decision. Just curious how those of you who own GnR would compare it to Avengers. I really appreciate your feedback!

#7541 2 years ago

I am currently between GnR (LE) or an Avengers (Premium) and am hoping this group can provide a recommendation.

Well since you asked in a GNR thread. And I am the Jersey Jack Pinball Ambassador. Accept no other. You deserve, your wife deserves, the best there is. Guns and Roses it is. You'll be glad you did.

#7542 2 years ago

Joined the hobby 1 year ago with the purchase of a Stern Jurassic Park pro. Have played 5,000+ games throughout quarantine and am now ready to look at a second pin. Really enjoyed learning the JP ruleset and building up my skill to (almost) reach escape nublar. Can't wait to dive into a second pin.
I am currently between GnR (LE) or an Avengers IQ (Premium) and am hoping this group can provide a recommendation. I have flipped an Avengers (CE) on location and really liked the flow, speed and combo potentials. It also seems at first glance like it has a similarly deep ruleset like Jurassic Park. Really hoping my local arcade (Wizard's World) gets their GnR LE soon so I can flip and compare.
GnR is my wife and my all-time favorite band. We love the music and have seen Slash in concert with Velvet Revolver as well as Miles Kennedy multiple times. That will likely put us over the top on the decision. Just curious how those of you who own GnR would compare it to Avengers. I really appreciate your feedback!

Is cost an issues for you? GNR LE is $10,500 plus shipping. A used AIQ premium is $7000-7200. That is a big difference that could find another game entirely!

By the way, take your wife’s lead - if she’s on board with GNR LE. Make your deposit immediately and be happy.

#7543 2 years ago

If you’re a big GNR fan, then it’s almost a no brainer. AIQ is very appealing, I ponder daily what game I can sell (Not GNR) to get one.

Personally, I feel GNR is one of the best pins ever made, but that doesn’t mean it’s for everyone. I don’t think you could go wrong with either decision to be honest. Getting an AIQ Premium could prove be easier and cheaper than going for GNRLE.

#7544 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You should put it on Gumtree to maximize your chances , but at 24.5 I think you'll be staying in the club , if not , you're laughing .
I had Bill / Trent pick up my Hobbit the other weekend , they do a great job .

Don't want to sell it that much. If i don't sell it now for that sort of 4k premium, i'll never sell it as i do like it and wouldn't sell at a loss or to break even. It'll just get moved down the back with the other machines before it's time. AFM has been up the front since i got it last December, longest yet.

I'll leave it up for sale for a day or two and then withdraw it and still be happy.

#7545 2 years ago

Well I've only played a handful of games on an Avengers LE (it was a fun game), but in my opinion its not even close....GNR by a country mile....the problem is finding a GNR u can get in a reasonable amount of time....if I was u I would pick up a nice HUO AIQ premium or LE and play that for 6 months while your waiting for your GNR LE

#7546 2 years ago

JP and GNR are pretty damn close in terms of overall package. I probably give the edge to GNR, JP is so good there aren't many better, but GNR is one of them. I own both, I love both.

#7547 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

By the way, take your wife’s lead - if she’s on board with GNR LE. Make your deposit immediately and be happy.

Make your deposit immediately. Receive your game in a year or so.

I'd say you can probably pick up an AIQ right now and geek out on it for months and pick up a used GNR later.

OR do the AIQ now, place your deposit on GNR, and in 9 months when it's ready for final payment, sell AIQ.

#7548 2 years ago

I owned both. AIQ has better shot layout and the subway is cooler then anything on any of the GnR models. Fun wise GnR is more fun to try to build up jackpots and the songs are so fun to play. AIQ is really well done light wise for a Stern but falls short with the theme direction they went. AIQ code is pretty complex but once you figure it out its pretty decent. Where as GnR its full on GnR experience. So with that said id find a GnR and play it first before deciding. Give it a few games to get the shots down. If it clicks with you and the wifey go for it, it should be a easy pin to sell if you decide its just not for you.

#7549 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Make your deposit immediately. Receive your game in a year or so.
I'd say you can probably pick up an AIQ right now and geek out on it for months and pick up a used GNR later.
OR do the AIQ now, place your deposit on GNR, and in 9 months when it's ready for final payment, sell AIQ.

THIS.

Deposit on the jjGnR. Use some of the other money to buy the AIQ. Enjoy the AIQ while you wait the 8 months or so for your jjGnR, then sell the AIQ at the end and take delivery of the jjGnR. Why wait with nothing?

Also, if Stern really is imminently announcing their next pin, maybe wait for that before choosing what pin to spend your jjGnR wait with.

#7550 2 years ago

Finally got this to update from 1.16 to 1.19. I had to do a full delta upgrade direct to the motherboard. So turned it on and went to usb update, unplugged the cord pictured. Put in the usb and clicked enter to update. It did it super quick so I thought it failed but it actually worked!

017F15E1-187D-4782-A701-1FBB8BE07AB0 (resized).jpeg017F15E1-187D-4782-A701-1FBB8BE07AB0 (resized).jpeg071C2A34-C78A-44E0-AC13-77FBDCD19641 (resized).jpeg071C2A34-C78A-44E0-AC13-77FBDCD19641 (resized).jpegE103D8C2-E4BB-4351-B0D2-87909FC2836F (resized).jpegE103D8C2-E4BB-4351-B0D2-87909FC2836F (resized).jpegEEA0E5CE-51E7-476A-A1FC-957CB066549C (resized).jpegEEA0E5CE-51E7-476A-A1FC-957CB066549C (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairmount, IN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/151 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.