Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

883 posts in this topic match your search for posts by screaminr. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1140 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

has anyone made a decent gameplay video ??

I really liked this stream , it's all in French but it's very entertaining .
Keep an eye out for the dancing girls .

#1141 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

when you collect both the Bra and Panties

Bras and panties ?
That does it , I'm in

#1143 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Does it show said women throwing bras and panties?

They did say it has adult video content .
I'm hoping you see boobs in the crowd

#1181 3 years ago

They really have captured the whole tour experience .

Quoted from Mr68:

I paid a lot of money for those tickets and don't appreciate being called names.

Lol , I was thinking of another type of boob .

#1183 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My mate spent $20K on a mountain bike and the chain fell off first ride.

Did he buy a Supreme bike

#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Isn’t the point of the hot rails to not need Pinstadium????

If ever a game was made that didn't need pinstadiums this is it .

#1191 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

You haven’t heard of the newest PinStadium Black Hole TM? It’s a special magnetic cover that goes over the hot rails to reduce the lights by 50%. $299 with de-diffuser.

Lol , 299 bargain

#1204 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed. This game does Not need additional lighting in any way. Anything more simply ruins the primary design.

Adding pinstadiums to GNR is like adding fake boobs to Selma Hayek , it's just not necessary

IMG_20201019_222335 (resized).jpgIMG_20201019_222335 (resized).jpg
#1207 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

OMG now what were we talking about?

Come on romulusx , you know it make sense

#1315 3 years ago

Canada was going on about seeing a picture of chipping.
There was a picture a little back that showed the apparent pooling around a post , looked minor to me , I'm not worried about it .
But is there a picture of chipping on the playfield .
If there was a picture , I would assume it would be all over this thread .
Kaneda is this Game's number one fanboy , I don't know why he would say there was chipping if there wasn't any .

#1319 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

OK- so there is chipping on the scoop hole on a game.. Not sure why no picture has been shown.. but is out there..Clearly making playfields is Hard.
I hear directly that only a handful of playfields are affected.
[quoted image]
I’m still in for an LE!

Looks like they should have continued with the protector around the front .
Not enough to put me off - yet .

#1320 3 years ago
Quoted from JLebowski:

is that a playfield protector?

If there was a protector you wouldn't see the chiping .
Playfield does look a bit scruffy , maybe a bad wax job ?

#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

As a representative from CANADA, I wish to remind everyone that we are not to be confused with Kaneda.
The USA is entirely to blame for that mess.

Lol , I could only be bothered correcting voice-to-text , once .
I don't blame you for wanting to clarify the difference

#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well, you guys did take responsibility for Justin Bieber, so i spose that's fair enough.

Maybe so but what about Nickelback

#1402 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

whats another $20 on a $9500 game?

$9520
Sorry , I couldn't help myself

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

But I'm really worried about the Avengers i ordered at the same time. So many production issues has me second guessing whether to cancel it or not.

Stern has a reputation of reliability .
I have heard about some issues on their newest games .
Elvira - back door shot
Stranger things - demogorgon and magnet lock ball
Jurassic Park - moving T-Rex
Ninja Turtles - diverters and a van lock .
I haven't heard about Avengers because that title doesn't interest me .
I'm not saying these issues are widespread , it's just what I've read .
Some people have said that they are disappointed with the lack of interactive toys on GNR .
To me I can't see much that can go wrong besides coils , switches , optos and the new ball sensors .
As someone who likes reliability , I am very happy with that .

#1410 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

You wanna see pooling?
Have a ganders of my shit box NIB IMDN
What did Stern do - Jack shit...
Or how about my NIB Ribbed BM66?
Crickets!
Here’s hoping GnR is good to me [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that really what your Batman look liked ?
How could Stern not address that issue .

#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I was told not uncommon by Distro who I sent photos to, then sent to Stern apparently....

That Batman is bullshit .
Do you have a consumer affairs over there , a government authority , where you can complain about a product .

#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If the pooling didn’t eventually break off like it did on POTC and Wonka I wouldn’t give a shit either. But here is a ugly reminder of what that will eventually look like. Tell me this is ok?[quoted image]

I wonder what they've changed .
I brought a demo WOZrr with over 2000 plays on it and a nib Hobbit with now over 600 plays, , besides minor dimpling the playfields are perfect .

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

BOTH excellent entertainers/groups.

Pay no attention to me , if you like them go for it

#1529 3 years ago

I spoke to the OZ distributor today .
He's about 15 minutes up the road and has a demo I can play . The only problem is , we are still in Lock down but hopefully that will change after Sunday .
If it all looks good I will pull the trigger .
I've missed out on the first batch but the next lot should come around January- February .
That might be for the best , as it will give me time to sell a pin and maybe they will sort out any issues it might have .

#1542 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You ever wonder why something that was supposed to last a couple of weeks has lasted almost the entire year?

Mate , we were meant to be locked down for 6 weeks , it's been over 3 months now .
But we had one new case today and 0 deaths we're almost beaten this .
It's been hard on everyone especially businesses but with us being sorted out the whole country can open backup .

#1556 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Did Paul give you an indication of when he'll get his first batch to send out?

As he told me I had missed out , I didn't bother to ask but I did hear from someone else that they should be here mid November .

#1560 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Until the next case, or the next. “We have the power, you just do as you are told”.

Many states over here have had 0 cases for months .
In Victoria where I am we've had over 20,000 cases , down to one new case today .
You can control this if you want .

#1567 3 years ago

There have been a few pictures put up of a machine with pooling at helicon brewery , hopefully this is an exception .
https://images.pinside.com/4/fa/4fa77cda8db4f92009f42a6f9c67d2b2a1622aea/resized/large/4fa77cda8db4f92009f42a6f9c67d2b2a1622aea.jpg

#1667 3 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

Interested to see how JJP is wiring the CE soundbars, be it through a splitter or its own amp.

I'm sure I read or heard Eric say there is an extra amplifier on the CE .
If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me .

#1669 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Dunno was posted on fb. I'm enquiring though.

I was wondering how you would have got a machine so quick .
Obviously an early one and hopefully not one with the new super duper spectrum clear coat .

#1671 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I haven't quite pulled the trigger yet. I'm 99.9.% there.....

Me too , hopefully I can go on play it on Friday

#1678 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Then why bring this to the owner thread?
If it’s not your game stir the pot elsewhere.

Whether it's his game or not , it concerns everyone who is considering buying one .
It's not stirring the pot , it's sharing information .

#1682 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

We have 50 GNR threads on Pinside to speculate
This is an owner thread

The chipping isn't speculation , it looks real to me .
Hopefully it's not one of the ones with the new clear coat formula but there's no point putting your head in the sand about it .

#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

It’s quite simple.
A prototype photo vs production game from an owner is a big deal.
Let’s get the facts and not spam this thread

Shmilder said he saw it on Facebook .
How do you know if it's a prototype or a production game , if you have the facts please let us know .

#1691 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The new Mirco clear is not called “spectrum clear coat.” He was demoing it on a playfield for a game called “Spectrum.”
Pass it on.

Lol , I know but it's only name we've got to call them now , since micro hasn't given us one .

#1794 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Hi voigtstr, I'm considering one also, there might be a heap of GnR in Tassie Do you know if yours will be in the first or second shipment? Sounds like there will be two shipments, first being Dec/Jan (I bet Jan) and the second Jan/Feb, which I guess could blow out to March or even later which is when I would expect to get mine if I ordered now.
No-one really knows yet, but I would expect delays, then if it's not delayed it will be a happy surprise

Have you spoken to Paul .

#1797 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Saw Paul last week and had a flip. Pretty sure it's a January delivery, maybe late December if we're lucky. Or at least that's the latest info he told me.

Now we're out of lockdown hoping to go there Friday , maybe he will have some more info .

#1876 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Any suggestions for the Aussie market for a reasonably priced sub? Those recommend here aren't available in a AUS.

Have a look on Gumtree , I got a basically brand new high end Dali for 200 bucks for my hobbit , it's probably overkill but hey , you can always turn it down

#1901 3 years ago

No idea if this helps anyone but it's what I used on my Hobbit

Screenshot_2020-10-28-23-57-17-49 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-10-28-23-57-17-49 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-10-28-23-57-26-10 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-10-28-23-57-26-10 (resized).png
#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

We also looked at the posts... pretty much every skinny post on the game has some level of impact in the clear. It's not restricted to slings, or high impact areas. On this game it's not rippling around the posts, but it looks like the clear is simply delaminating and ghosting around the posts. Nothing of large area at this point, but the change in the clear is evident.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder if these are the new Spectrum TM playfields or they're using up old stock , either way I'm definitely gonna wait for a while and see what happens .

#2018 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That would be a nice adjustment to add. The ability to keep explicit songs / video content, but not explicit callouts. I'll make the feature request.

What's the explicit video content , is it swearing during a song or do you get to see boobs in the crowd .

#2024 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Melissa - she’s got me pegged ... lol..

Ha , I've learnt recently pegged can have another meaning

#2031 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Ugh, oh no... I was meaning she’s got my number... what does it mean in the land of Oz?

I knew what you meant .
It's not an OZ saying .
I thought it was sticking pegs on someone but apparently it's not

#2034 3 years ago

Has anyone got bored of the songs yet .
I'm not a huge g&r fan but I do like a few of their songs , I think I would play them over and over .
It's my only minor concern about the longevity of the game .

#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Nah, there are 21 songs, plus patience if you unlock it. Some of their newer songs I hadn't even heard before are pretty damn good. Better, and Estranged come to mind. Also, the song only plays as long as you keep the ball going, so it's not like they're repeating the whole time. Also, it seems I heard somewhere, that if you take the song the game selects for you, the scoring is higher than if you select your own song. On top of that, you're forced to play songs from different albums if you want to get to the 4 album modes. There are lots of incentives to mix it up.

That's good to know , I'm glad they give you an incentive to play all the different songs .

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Music Bomb - sorry

Don't be sorry , I love that song .
I first heard it on the young ones as a kid .

#2064 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I hate when they are different. I don’t have infinite space to decide which side I want to display, I hate being stuck with the side I don’t like as much. Symmetry please. You can’t see both sides at the same time so I don’t see the benefit.

I totally disagree , I'm not trying to make this a hobbit discussion but I love my Hobbit LE and how the Good Guys are on one side , bad guys on the other side .
If you're lucky they will be surrounded and you only get to see the front but if you have room you have the luxury of seeing both sides .

#2068 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Ha, I was playing that earlier before I posted the official version ..... when they did the episode for University Challenge. Loved the bit where he eats the doughnut and sticks his two fingers up to the shop keeper .... also RIP Rick Mayall - gone too soon

Yeah , Rick died of heart attack while jogging .
University Challenge is great , I liked it when Vivien has his head chopped off and he's kicking it along the railroad .

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not when you’re OCD and can only display one side

That doesn't make sense , if you have one machine you can see both sides , if you have two machines you can pick which side you want , if you have three or more machines at least one will be sandwiched .

#2072 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Definitely enjoy seeing machines with different art on each side. Woz and hobbit nailed it. Star Wars and JP did it great too. I passed on the CE because I like the art and back glass better on the LE I ordered. I do like the CE colors though. That purple is beautiful.

IF the CE came with this art package I would have definitely found the extra dollars to get one .

#2076 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I like not having to choose an art side

I totally understand and that's your opinion and you're more than entitled to it .
Personally , I like having the two sides and it doesn't cost you any extra

#2158 3 years ago

Does anyone know if you still have to change batteries on GNR .

#2161 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Uses the button cell 2032 pc motherboard battery

Quoted from Shredso:

JJP games have a computer with one of those coin batteries. I think they recommend every 3 years.

My Hobbit is over due and apparently it can be a bit tricky to do , if it's not done right .I heard you can wipe the whole thing , and have to reinstall everything .
I don't know if that's correct but it would be good if there was another way where you don't need batteries , one less thing to worry about .
Is it true , you can stuff things up if it goes flat or you install it incorrectly .

#2163 3 years ago

No just carefully do it with the power on and you won't even lose BIOS settings. You cannot wipe the hard drive. I will send you the snip from the manual

Thanks a lot .
What happens if the battery goes flat .

#2167 3 years ago

Loses BIOS settings, will not boot on its own

Thank you so much .
LTG does a great job but it's really nice to see someone from jjp here answering some questions , I really appreciate that .

#2474 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

For the first time Im seeing...Here are a few more shots of the CE that aren’t just the actual promo trailer

Wow , it incorporates speakers , what will they think of next

#2475 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

The game has been in operation for 4 days
5 minutes 22 seconds on average plus with 212 plays the rubbers are already breaking. This is terrible quality We noticed that the flipper rubbers are wico did someone raid a 20 year old warehouse?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man , those rubbers are rubbish .
It's like Rolls-Royce putting the cheapest tyres they can find on their cars .

IMG_20201109_235140 (resized).jpgIMG_20201109_235140 (resized).jpg
#2603 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Rum bottles and the you know Disney mindset now days

Yep , it was Disney that wouldn't let them have rum in the rum bottles , not jjp .
Pretty silly considering no one would have noticed , yet they show ships being blowen up .

#2604 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin: I've always seen $2.00, but maybe thats just a local thing?

Most new games are $2 over here .
I'm not an operator but my theory is ...
You would make more money at $1 a game .
If you change $5 and play a couple of quick games , you're more likely to say fuck it and not play any more .
But the longer you play a game , get the feel of it and learn the shots , chances are , you'll spend the $5 .
If you're in an arcade or barcade or cinema , generally you're filling in time and feel a lot happier pumping in dollar coins than $2 a game , so in the end you'll spend more .

#2649 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

All the places in Brisbane are $1 per game

What , $1 games and the Big Pineapple , you guys sure have it good

IMG_20201111_200024 (resized).jpgIMG_20201111_200024 (resized).jpg
#2663 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

"I’ve heard some rumblings that Paul from Pinball Sales Australia has a container coming this month, but I’m not 100% sure."
Direct from someone at jjp

I'm going to try to go there tomorrow and from what I heard that sounds correct

#2705 3 years ago

Went to pinball sales Australia today and played Guns N Roses .
I have to start by saying Paul is such a cool guy . I mentioned I have a couple problems with my Hobbit and before you knew it , he was handing me parts and showing me mechanisms on how to fix the problems .
Now GNR .
The Game is stunning .
I really like the game play and the shots were great . I think it has good flow , if you can pull it off , I went from orbit to both ramps then two and a half times the inner loop , it felt really good . The left ramp is so clear you can hardly see it .
I like the upper playfield , it was tricky at first but got the hang of it after a little bit .
The skill shot was alright , it's pretty cool how it's got the new sensors .
The flippers didn't feel as Snappy as my Hobbit but it didn't detract from the fun of the game .
The "light rails" were awesome , I thought they would be skinny tubes but they actually really thick .
The demo model I played , the Playfield looked perfect , no pooling , chipping , I didn't even notice any dimples and the rubbers were all sweet to .
It isn't cheap but you can see where the money has gone , even the arm the TV swings out on screamed quality .
Overall such a great fun game , I give it 10 out of 10 . Easily game of the year .
I'm definitely in .

IMG20201113135343 (resized).jpgIMG20201113135343 (resized).jpgIMG20201113135415 (resized).jpgIMG20201113135415 (resized).jpgIMG20201113140730 (resized).jpgIMG20201113140730 (resized).jpgIMG20201113140742 (resized).jpgIMG20201113140742 (resized).jpg
#2708 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Have to agree. Have spoken to Paul by phone a couple of times and via email and he never displays any hint of arrogance or self-aggrandising that most of us would have come to expect in the past. A refreshing change. Totally professional, generous with his time and it would be beyond belief that he would do anything as grubby as compromising customer data.
The more collectors see that it has changed for the better down here the more sales will increase and with any luck it will inevitably flow through to other pinball company domestic distributorships as well when they see that a change in distributors results in a sudden spike in sales from persons who previously refused to buy locally on principle.
Can definitely recommend to others that Paul from pinball sales is someone to do business with for both pre-purchase and after sales support.
Excellent review as well screaminr. This is the only GnR machine in Australia so far?

Totally agree with all your points .
And I know a lot of people who agree with you .
Dealing with Paul was a breath of fresh air .
He came across as very genuine straightforward and no bullshit .
There were so many things I like about the game that I didn't mention , such as the metallic red armour , how good the little high-definition screen was , the animations , the sound , to name a few .
I don't know but I assume that it's the only machine in Australia .

#2714 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I think you can turn the power up on the flippers, i played it and was told it can be adjusted is this correct?
Just tell me you didn't beat Paul's score he would be spewing i nearly beat it but got 2nd.
I was also blown away by this release, Jersey Jack has raised the bar, Awaiting Stern's reply. LED ZEP? anyway its excellent for the hobby.

Yep , you can turn up the power on each individual flipper .
The flippers were more than powerful enough to get every shot .
I'm not saying they felt sloppy or anything like that , they just didn't feel as sharp as my other two games , maybe by a millisecond but I felt that they gave me really good ball control , and in no way they took away fun from the game . Back in the day I thought about buying Lord of the Rings and The Simpsons but I didn't just because the flippers felt so weak and shit .
GNR's flippers feel nothing like that .
To Stern's credit their flippers feel a hundred percent better now .
I don't think I beat anyone's highscore , I did have my opportunity to put my name in a few times but the last thing on my mind was my score , I just entered A and was excited to restart the game .
I was thinking today what I liked most about the game . The overall game looks sick and audio visuals are excellent but the thing I like the most was the playfield shots .
It has some very doable shots and some very tricky shots and the right to left orbit feels so great . The upper Playfield isn't a waste of space and you have a few genuine shots to go for . But my favourite shots in pinball are the outer orbits and this game has 2 of the quickest and smoothest orbits I've played , when that ball shoots around so fast and it is repeatable ( if you're lucky ) it just feels awesome .

#2752 3 years ago

I know I'm about 10 years too late but this is a very good interview with Keith and he talks about when they made the Elvis pin .
He said it was too hard to start one of the five songs .
He said he should have done it differently and used a center scoop to start the songs
( sound familiar ) .
He talks about a lot of interesting stuff .
I've only just discovered topcast podcasts and they really good . I wish people were making podcasts like this today .
http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/topcast_63.mp3

#2818 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

You should also check out the ScorbitVision visualizations available to all users if you get a chance, it can really brighten up a game room. (Although I know some of you guys love your dark and sinister dungeons.) Instructions on how to use all that stuff is here: https://support.scorbit.io/hc/en-us/sections/360011974773-ScorbitVision-Guides
We welcome feedback on all of this of course!

Scorebitvision visualisations .
Anyone know what this does or what it is ?
Sounds cool .

#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

No...sorry for the confusion. To clarify:
Right now, all standard subscriptions are free for a year (see the website).
For ten games, standard accounts (not including JJP games, which are free), you subscribe (aka get licenses) for a flat rate (pricing is $6.99/mo or $69.72/yr for up to 10). Each tier gets you any number of games up to that max, and then the top tier is unlimited. I hope that makes sense.
For hardware, the price drops as you have more active devices total. For each tier, the total cost per unit drops, until you get to $199/unit.
Also, again, all Jersey Jack machines are free. No hardware is required *at all* and no subscription is required (but you do have to register and set up your account or it won't work).
All of this is on this webpage: https://scorbit.io/scorbitron/

Just wondering what the scorebit vision visualisations do in regards to lighting up your game room .

#2864 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

ScorbitVision basically allows you to create four types of web objects:
1. Scoreboards, which are URL that show you a live version of the current game being played in an attractive way for a larger screen. These can be anywhere from 1 machine to 8 machines on a screen. Note that it will display scores and modes where supported (JJP supports modes).
2. Leaderboards, which are URLs that display specific machine's leaderboard or a global leaderboard (we're adding many other types soon). Similar to scoreboards, these can be from 1 to 8 machines on a screen.
3. Slideshows, which are URLs that display Scoreboards and Leaderboards in any sequence, with timers, etc.
4. Streamboards, which are a series of templates that build URLs designed for pinball streaming and OBS.
Here's a demo. The ScorbitVision part comes on after the introductions and the game is going:

Thanks for explaining , it is such a cool idea .
I'm not very tech-savvy .
A couple of questions .
1- if I'm on this thread or anywhere else , could I put the call out to 8 people , to have a comp .
2 - if I buy GNR , I don't ever have to pay for this service .

#2908 3 years ago

It was just announced GNR are coming to Australia next year for massive Stadium concert tour .
They're playing them on the radio all day today and giving away tickets , I don't know if I should go or not as I'll have the concert experience in my back room

#2942 3 years ago

Woohoo , I'm officially on the waiting list .
I just got back from Paul's after putting my deposit on the game .
It was meant to be , Paradise City came on the radio while I was driving to his place .
The game just keeps getting better the more you play it . It is so fast and I got a lot better at the shots the more I played it . It's so cool when Melissa yells out "super fucken skillshot " .
Played the carnage mode , the animations and lighting were awesome .
It would be good if they got Slash to call out " say cheese " before they take your photo .
Paul said the first shipment has left and everybody should have their games by March .
I'm on the 5th or 6th shipment .
The wait begins .

#2945 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

That’s excellent news Screaminr ...

I'm so excited .
I'm very picky about the games I like .
I was 50/50 at first but after playing it , it ticks every box for me .
From the looks of the game , to the playfield layout , the rules , the call outs and the music , it's a 10 out of 10 .
You can just tell so much passion and love went into making this game .

#2946 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

does jukebox mode work on the SE? I cannot figure it out. saw it listed in settings but it was grayed out.

I can't see why it wouldn't , maybe they just haven't got around to coding it for the SE yet ?

#3035 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

1 more time.
SERIOUSLY, JJP, START SONG NEEDS TO BE REMOVED AS A RANDOM AWARD FROM MYSTERY SCOOP.
That is all, thank you.

Or at least give you an option to cancel it ?

#3038 3 years ago

When I put my deposit on the other day , I asked my distributor "where's the pin bar " he just looked at me and said "what ?"

#3082 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I don't get it mate ?
33 games ?
So only one 20ft container ?
Im only guessing cuz I don't really know how
how many Nib's fit in a 20 ft or a 40ft container.
Anyone in the knows the correct answer care to enlighten us please.

It was either going to be 33 or 66 games , so I'm assuming 33 fit into a small container , maybe double in a big container or maybe two small containers .
I'm not sure , just spewing it was 33 not 66 .

#3086 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

A container is either 20 or 40 foot. What are the messurements of the short-sides of the box?

IMG_20201124_210417 (resized).jpgIMG_20201124_210417 (resized).jpg
#3121 3 years ago

It was funny today .
I rang a radio station trying to get Guns N Roses tickets , I got through but I didn't get the tickets .
I spoke to the host for a bit and I told her about the new gnr game , she Googled it and freaked out how expensive it was . I told her it was the best pinball machine ever made and how cool it was .
About an hour later my wife rang me and said I was currently on the radio .
It's the biggest station for tradies and people in our age group .
So GNR got a free plug . I wonder if they'll get a few extra sales .

#3146 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Amazing.
Is there any link to hear this?

Sorry mate no link to what I said yesterday .
Curious to which bits they played , as I was talking to the host for a few minutes .
Here is a link to the station , if you want to hear what's going on over here .
https://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne

#3147 3 years ago

I really like the guitar on the SE , wonder if you can get them and if there's any place you could fit it on the LE

IMG_20201126_215821 (resized).jpgIMG_20201126_215821 (resized).jpg
#3214 3 years ago

https://m.soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-533-exclusive-mirco-pf-news

Quoted from Rat:

Is this video still available? and if not why? I'm looking for confirmation of the new improved playfields.

Kaneda has said on his latest podcast , micro have changed their process and will have a hole underneath where the apron goes , and will screw in a post , to see if there is pooling .
Apparently it can take a month or more for the pooling to show up , so not sure how this would work .
After playing the demo with over 1000 games on it and seeing the playfield and rubbers in perfect condition , I'm willing to take the gamble .

#3217 3 years ago

If you want to hear a stern fanboy talk total crap about GNR then watch this .

Everyone is more than entitled to have their own opinion and not to like a game .
But to hear the garbage he's spews , trying to put down the game is just ridiculous .
He also fails to mention that Turtles and Avengers have way more reported issues than GNR.
But as a stern fanboy , you would expect that .

#3269 3 years ago

Dammit , the T-shirts only go up to 2xl .
I'll have to loose my beer gut

#3318 3 years ago
Quoted from Kyleman:

Man this game...I got my le from flip n out pinball tonight.I never played a game with this many layers.I'm speechless....Everything from here on out will be compared to this.I own Elvira hoh that I love and would never get rid of...but this is the new standard.the Golden age isn't the 90s it's now.I got it thinking maybe it's hype there is not a lot going on in the playfield as far as toys or as a "Hobbit" or "woz" boy I didn't get it til now.Best I've played all around.Oh and I love the plunge unlike some "different"Oh mine had clear washers around the post too and looks great.

Well done , sounds like you will really enjoy it.
The game is on another level , it makes my Hobbit look old .

#3325 3 years ago

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and what they want in a game .
I have limited space and money , so for me the whole overall package is very important .
I want a theme I like , a deep Keith Johnson ruleset , a few ramps and flippers , great shots , fun layout , call outs , art , theme integration , video and audio assets of the theme and for it to be fun for people who aren't into pinball as much as me .
Then there are the non gameplay features .
A quality cabinet , the high gloss decals , full length rails under the playfield , Bluetooth for headphones , new sensor switches , internet connectivity , free scorbit , awesome animations , the on/off switch in the proper place , the camera that puts you in the concert or takes a selfie with you with Slash , even the arm the LCD swings out on .
Reliability is a big thing for me as well , it has diverters and a spinning disc but they are kinetic , less chance for things to break down .
Has anyone mentioned it has the best light show ever put into a pinball machine
Game of the year ? More like Game of the 21st century .
To me GNR ticks all the boxes .

#3329 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Testify brother!!!Totally agree GnR game of the year

I didn't even get around to mentioning the symbols on the pop bumpers , the drum sticks ramp , the guitar head ball lock , the guitar string habbit trail , the cat walks , the awesome sculps , the guitar pick spinners that glow all different colours , piano keys that make different sounds as you roll over them , the articulating spotlights , the album covers on the spinning disc , the second LCD which shows actual video from the concert .
Talk about a world under glass .

#3397 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Given the contribution from Slash and the access to all the assets, I can’t imagine GNR not winning. If we want to send a message to the manufacturers that theme, assets, and integration matter, GNR needs to win and people need to keep buying it. Look how much improved JP is with the alternate audio and video. Think about how much better DP would be with MOVIE assets. Similar story with AIQ.

I think Avengers will win due to all of the Stern and Keith fans out there , no matter how good a game is from any manufacturer they just won't vote for it .
Apparently GNR has sold more than all the WOZ's put together already .
As all these games get to customers , I bet in the future , we will see GNR in the top 3 on pinside .

#3400 3 years ago

GnR has not sold more than all the WOZ put together already.

Maybe the person I spoke to , meant Australia .

#3401 3 years ago

I've said it before but with all the technology and Innovations in these games , it would be nice if they gave you a remote control to turn them on and off and adjust the volume .

#3444 3 years ago

Besides the 21 songs , how many modes are in the game .

#3472 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

22 Songs including Patience actually.
Others:
4 Album modes (all single ball)
Slash Solo
Tour Mutiball
On the Road (loops hurry up)
Light the Flames (Pyro) Multiball
Throw the Lights (Lights) MB
Make Some Noise (Crowd) MB
Turn it Up (Amps) MB
Coma (Ball save mode)
Coma Multiball
Not in this Lifetime Wizard

Thanks mate , I played a carnage mode that looked like a fighting video game , is that in your list under another name .

#3475 3 years ago

No worries , that explaines it .
thanks guys

#3505 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I own all of these. I don’t really care who wins game of the year, I want them all to be successful and continue building games.
My quick thoughts on each (so far)
R&M: Toughest shooter, best callouts, great humor and light show
GnR: Best integration, best light show, best sound, linear ruleset
Hot Wheels: Best shooter (hard to beat a well done fan layout), great light show and fun ruleset, weakest theme
AIQ: Best layout, great flow, deepest rules(not always a positive), weakest of the bunch in animation and callouts
All will be in my collection for quite a while.
[quoted image]

The light up Flipper buttons look really good .
Alot better than the yellow , they must have had a few left over from The Hobbit LE's

IMG_20201207_224451 (resized).jpgIMG_20201207_224451 (resized).jpgIMG_20201207_224522 (resized).jpgIMG_20201207_224522 (resized).jpg
#3538 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

screaminr are the illuminated red ones now stock?

I have no idea , I just showed the picture of them looking cool .

Try the usual suppliers or just google them.
Check out pinball spare parts Australia
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=flipper+button

#3558 3 years ago

They look great .
I think I will have to get some .

#3560 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Hey guys, I made a super cool unboxing video of my new GNR LE, the video goes live at 11:30am CST Monday! please stop by and give it a watch!!

Great unboxing video .
I really enjoyed it , looking forward to your game review .

#3561 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Australian group buy?

Ha , I nearly did , it was a fucken' nightmare trying to order them , I got a new credit card but it only remembered my old credit card and wouldn't let me enter in new numbers , every time I tried to restart it , it would add another one to the cart . They made me enter my state in the Canada only section , very confusing .
In the end I paid with PayPal . PayPal said they were $89 Pinball life said they were $63 , I don't really care how much they cost , they just so look cool .
You can adjust the brightness , make them blink and pulsing .

IMG_20201208_233954 (resized).jpgIMG_20201208_233954 (resized).jpg
#3614 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

FYI - I posted the Patch Sets on the Tilt Rulesheet. Spoiler Alert, but if you are interested.
http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

This was really interesting , should be made a KEY POST .

#3676 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Patch tips helped, my first 10+ mil game [quoted image]

Lol , you don't look very happy for someone who has just got the Grand Champion score .
They need Slash or Melissa to call out " say cheese " or " smile " before the game takes your picture .

#3700 3 years ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

Any news on when the CE’s are shipping?

IMG_20191218_225902 (resized).jpgIMG_20191218_225902 (resized).jpg
#3744 3 years ago

So Led Zeppelin is the next Stern game .
LED ZEP is my favourite band but I can't see it getting anywhere close to GNR , especially when Slash gave Eric and the team Everything they could want and more .

#3745 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone with an LE installed black chrome blades? I usually add mirror blades to my machines, but I think the LE would look awesome with black chrome. Thoughts?

Check out post #1225 .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/25#post-5918143

#3923 3 years ago

If I was on a desert island and could only listen to One band it would be Led Zeppelin but if I could only play one pin it would be GNR .

#3924 3 years ago

When people say GNR doesn't have flow or no satisfying shots , I totally disagree .
For me , it does have great shots and Flow , if you're able to do it .
If you have a ramp that's so fat you can get it from any Flipper it takes away from the challenge for me .

#3978 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

It is infinitely more likely we'll see the twitter ones, but usually at least someone catches stuff reported here. This one was relayed to me this morning.

There are limits to our cruelty.

This is basically it. The featured member and "next up" featured member are in the bottom right of the song display.

G'day Keith
Any chance of having a setting for not shooting the ball out of the scoop until you want .
So you can go get a beer or take a piss .

#3979 3 years ago

I got my bright mods LED Flipper buttons today , they came really quickly and I paid for the cheapest delivery option .
I know it's not a big deal but it's going to be a long wait for my machine , so I have to get excited about the little things .
I hope they don't come with a side of Corona because I'd hate to be the guy that introduces it back into our state .

IMG20201218134936 (resized).jpgIMG20201218134936 (resized).jpg
#4037 3 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:I am moving and downsizing my collection. I sold off my MMr, MB, BM66LE and SWLE. Even though I am trying to downsize the G&R interests me. I have never owned a JJP game and haven't even really played too many. What are the thoughts on G&R adding to my collection? I was ok with letting the MMr and MB go because I still have AFM. Is there a long wait right now if I ordered one? I would be looking at getting them LE.

I'm not the biggest GNR fan but I do like a few of their songs .
After putting a couple of hours on the game , it is totally awesome .
JJP put so much effort into their games , besides the theme integration ( the world under glass ) the deep rules , extra LCD screen , the best video animations , amazing lighting and excellent sound .
I really like all the quality details which put them over the top , like the chunky full length rails under the Playfield , the on off switch where it should be , the service menu where it will show you a picture of the Playfield and will light up with every switch you touch , headphone jack , no chipboard in the bottom of the cabinet , a proper Lockdown bar , besides the SE's they all come with a shaker motor and invisi glass .
GNR's all come with Bluetooth and internet connectivity and also Scorebit for free so you can play people anywhere .
If you like Guns N Roses you can't go wrong but I would still play it first , to make sure that it's for you .

#4120 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

ltg which machines did they offer printed ones?

I know rrwoz came with one , Le Hobbit has one , pirates CE came with one , not sure about dialed in or wonka .
The Hobbit manual is as thick as a Melways .

IMG20201221194344 (resized).jpgIMG20201221194344 (resized).jpg
#4122 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Thanks. Ive started collecting physical manuals. I like them for what they are. I have a Di and hobbit. Looks like I have few more jjp ones to hunt down.

I think it will be hard to get people to part with them and they were like 100 bucks each .
You can always go to Officeworks and get one printed up .

#4145 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

new place to get stuck
[quoted image]

Is that at Paul's , I got one stuck on the guitar block ball head and a few times in the pop bumper area .

#4149 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Any playfield issues on the one at Pauls? Pooling etc? Being the only one in Australia I'm sure it's had a lot of plays

When I last played it , it had over 1000 games , and no bullshit , the Playfield looked perfect , there were tiny dimples but I had to get down low on an angle to try to see them .
The best bit is , with the new batch of games going out , no one has reported any Playfield issues . ( touch wood )

#4158 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I did notice some very slight pooling on the lower post of the left sling. But very minor.

Looked like light reflection to me .

IMG_20201223_080056 (resized).jpgIMG_20201223_080056 (resized).jpg
#4161 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Either way very minor

Yep , and it was from the first batch , the new ones seem to be good so far .

#4241 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I think that is the same CE that was shown a while back. Look at the yellow pole.
[quoted image]

That CE art package is really growing on me .
Still love the LE though .

#4283 3 years ago

Will the Playfield protector affect the sensors for where the piano keys are .

#4321 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

unlike the dirty molded heads
[quoted image]

I went dirty molded head
I wanted a aluminium or Chrome skull for the Shooter rod but I couldn't find any .
IMG_20201230_011514 (resized).jpgIMG_20201230_011514 (resized).jpg

IMG_20201230_011724 (resized).jpgIMG_20201230_011724 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4706 3 years ago

Skull shooter Rod came today .
It's pretty cool , lots of detail .

IMG_20210110_173217 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_173217 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_173249 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_173249 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_173334 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_173334 (resized).jpg
#4708 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You get mail on a Sunday?

The Couriers come all days and hours now , it was good thing to wake up to .

#4754 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

EDR = Enhanced Data Rate
It was a much bigger deal back when the BT 2.0 spec was released.
I have been told that we will soon see a software update that should hopefully address the existing BT connectivity issues.
This is my Yamaha SR-C20A sound bar ("topper"), which honestly outperforms any similar-sized/priced Bose, Sony, or Vizio.
It has two full size drivers, dual passive radiators, and a built-in 3-inch "sub." You can also turn off the front LED indicators within the app.
[quoted image]

A few questions from someone with no soundbar experience .
Does it make a big difference
Does it sound good
Does it automatically pair when you turn the game on
Does it work in conjunction with the back box speakers
Is there a delay
Thanks for any feedback .

#4820 3 years ago

Ordered some decals for the symbols .
Nice little touch , I don't think you can go wrong for 7 bucks but it cost 3 times as much to get them sent down under .

IMG_20210113_222837 (resized).jpgIMG_20210113_222837 (resized).jpg
#4895 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Nice work on the side blades!! They match the LE look really well. I was going to do black chrome, but I think I like this even more. Thank you for sharing!

After giving it a lot of thought , I think the black mirror blades are the way to go .
They accentuate the light show but not overpowering and give the whole cabinet a more dynamic feel .
My only concern is how tight it will be and possible scratches , I hope cabinet protectors will solve that problem .

#4923 3 years ago

Are you able to do a line out from the game and plug it into your amplifier so you can run it through your home theatre / stereo .
Why bother with a sound bar or possibly subwoofers or speaker upgrades , just plug it into your home theatre and have it cranking .

#4968 3 years ago

Pin graphics has released new Sabian symbol decals that are theme correct .
I'm going to stick with Zildjian because they're the ones I remember seeing in film clips growing up .

IMG_20210118_003104 (resized).jpgIMG_20210118_003104 (resized).jpgIMG_20210113_222837 (resized).jpgIMG_20210113_222837 (resized).jpg
#5129 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

now, where to mount this
[quoted image]

I totally understand the excitement .
It's fun looking for mods you can put in .
I have a long wait ahead of me .
So the next best thing is having something arrive in the mail that you can put on your machine once you finally get it .

#5154 3 years ago

Has anyone tried to play each other using scorbit .

#5176 3 years ago

Vittty posted this in the CE thread .
Are new SE and LE owners seeing this sign under the left-hand side of the apron .

IMG_20210124_021941 (resized).jpgIMG_20210124_021941 (resized).jpg
#5269 3 years ago

Just a reminder for everyone to vote in the twip's and obviously put GNR game of the year , as it deserves to be .
https://twipys.com/2020-twipys-ballot/

#5273 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I have one in my pirates but didn't have one in both my dialed in and hobbit. The noise makes you jump when your not expecting it!
https://pinballmods.co/jersey-jack-pinball-mods/jjp-startup-pop-eliminator-device

I like the Pop at the start up , let's you know the Pinball is alive

#5295 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can't really call it a pop if you are comparing it to my Whirlwind. It sometimes makes a crack like a rifle on power up.

Ha Ha I suppose it does sound like bang bang

#5346 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

It was a bit of a stuff up. Mate here was told his was in first container but then notified it’s not. He’s not very happy as that was the deal with him placing order. I’m not a music pin person normally but I can see me trying one down the track. LEs should be easy to grab with 5000 floating around. I wonder how many they will actually sell. It will take some years to get 5000 out there. Better this than all the different variations like WoZ

I made the mistake of waiting to play it first .
I'll be lucky to be in 3rd or 4th shipment .

#5348 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Yeah I want to play it but I guess I’ll be waiting for the 2nd or 3rd shipment to even play this bad boy. So I’m guessing end of feb or March before I even lay eyes on one

I have to sell my Hobbit like you did , so I'm not too worried about the wait .
After playing it , it was spectacular and I knew , I had to get one .

#5359 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Let me know if you end up wanting to let your Hobbit go. A local guy i know has fallen in love with my BA and was shopping for one. not sure if it's still on his radar or not.
Now that i think of him, i have to contact him anyway, his Celts was due about now and i want to play it.

I'll send you a message when I get home from work .

#5361 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

WAYYyy off topic but my daughter and I watched a documentary on Australia last night and dam you guys are lucky. What a beautiful country. On our must visit bucket list.

If you ever make it to Melbourne ID be more than happy to show you around .

#5393 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

The BT connectivity on this game is still jacked. You'll get to make an initial connection, but you won't be able to discover or reconnect that same BT device once you power down the game. Same applies if you try to use two different sets of the same product (for example, two sets of Galaxy Buds+). Based on my testing, once it recognizes one, it won't recognize anything with the same device name.
HEADPHONES
I have successfully tested the following:
- Bose Sports Earbuds
- Jabra Elite 75T
- Sony WF-SP800N
- UA/JBL Project Rock X
- Yamaha E700
**Recognized AirPods Pro, but would not connect.
For now, I recommend a good set of over-the-ear wired cans (preferably something decent with 40mm drivers). ANC is nice, but not mandatory.
SPEAKERS
I have successfully tested the following:
- Yamaha TSR-700 AVR (output to 4 in-ceiling speakers above the game + 8" sub)
- Yamaha C20 soundbar
- JBL Control X
- JBL Charge
As you can imagine, the in-ceiling speakers were awesome. The powered JBL Control X stereo pair is also sweet. I would place the sound bar at #3.
Don't bother wasting your time with a small portable speaker. Your ears deserve better, so just stick with the GNR speakers.
Of course, for the speaker, you can always go wired vs. Bluetooth, but I prefer versatility that comes with Bluetooth.
I'm positive that JP will get it worked out.

Can you do a line out to your home entertainment system

#5427 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Absolutely, but it would be a semi-long run to my AV receiver. Will probably do it if the BT fix takes longer than expected.

Thanks mate , I've got months to wait until I get mine .
Is it HDMI out or a splitter what's involved .

#5437 3 years ago

I heard a rumour jjp is going to release a topper that is better than the CE and Lior is going to have a topper that needs laptop for it . Decisions , decisions , better start saving your money .

#5565 3 years ago

If I had to guess , I would say that they have sold more pins than they thought they were ever going to make , so why not put a extra thousand bucks on them , it's all gravy from here .
It sucks if you wanted one and haven't got around to putting in your order .
I've heard they have already sold over 3,500 games . GNR will sell out .
After running at a loss for so long , it's time to cash in .

#5597 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

- and hopefully they will develop a fund for customers with play field issues.

Besides some games in the first batch , there have been no more reported playfield issues .
( at least in this thread )
The game at my distributor , now has over 3000 games on it and the playfield still looks perfect .

#5598 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Apologies for continuing to post my scores here. Couldn’t help it with this one.
[quoted image]

This is what the owners thread is for , keep them coming .
I doubt I'll ever have a score worth posting but if I do , this is where I will post it .

#5609 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

For anyone that has installed mirror blades, are they the same size as the old Bally? Was wondering if I could swap out the mirror blades in my Dr Who. Thanks.

https://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

IMG_20210206_030043 (resized).jpgIMG_20210206_030043 (resized).jpg
#5640 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

especially the “Super Friends" and "The Muppet Show" ... I remembered my childhood in my grandmother’s home huh! Thanks for posting the pics!

I used to love watching Super Friends on the Saturday morning cartoons and The Muppets on a Sunday evening .
Ah the good old days .

#5645 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I try to be grateful for what I have but seeing these I’ve joined the club is making me jealous!

Did you end up putting in an order and if you did did you get in before the price rise .

#5702 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Bally/Williams mirror blades do not fit.

Who did you get them off ?
Pinballdecals says they will fit .
The black and gold blades are way too expensive to buy if they don't fit .

IMG_20210208_215300 (resized).jpgIMG_20210208_215300 (resized).jpg
#5703 3 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Did anyone figure this out? Bluetooth seems to almost be useless on the game is this something JJP is working to fix?

Apparently they're working on it .

#5802 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

==============================================================================
== Version 01.13 February 10, 2021 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: 1b89e578009834c9304861ab4c712988 ==
==============================================================================
- note: this is a "full" install release
=== Game Code
+ improved scorbit integration. added QR Code popup that allows players
to scan from the Scorbit app and go directly to the current game session,
choosing player 1 if it's not already been claimed
+ added extra adjustments for adult content to allow that allows for seperate
control over the song, video, and callouts
* fixed bug in Don't Cry song mode that caused game to crash on SE games
* improved handling of launching balls while other balls are present in the
Skill Shot lane
+ added an adjustment for Ball Plunge Save Limit. the range is 1-9, unlimited,
and the default is 3. this is the number of times in-a-row the game will
save the ball (regardless of ballsaver state) when a ball is plunged
directly into the outhole
* fixed bug that caused game to crash if Coma qualifying was set higher than 5
* fixed bug in Power Chord that caused game to crash
* reduced the upper right flipper coil strength default and max
* fixed bug that caused Coma to not work properly after taking a song
jackpot with the ballsaver still active
* various other bug fixes and improvements
=== Core Code
* added ability to instantly recalculate replay value
* improved Bluetooth connection handling
* tweaked sensor test to not need the action button
* sped up sensor autocalibration a bit
+ added network name to WiFi connection-failed screen to aid in
troubleshooting
* various other bug fixes and improvements

My wife ordered a GNR T-shirt for me through our local disturber , now she gets code updates from jjp

#5803 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I have to try eventually a Limited Edition as well, the LE art is indeed insanely beautiful!.

I'm so happy I got in on the LE .
When I first saw the three models , I thought the LE was easily the best art package but the more I see of the CE the the better it looks .
After seeing yellow brick road at my distributor with the sparkle Playfield , I can just imagine how good the CE looks , also with the extra art on the Playfield and the mirrored rad cals , I'm sure it would be a sight to behold in real life .
Congrats on scoring one .

#5804 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Uses all the buttons, reverses flippers, puts the player in charge of manually activating the pop bumpers with the action button - crazy stuff.

[quoted image]

Quoted from allsportdvd:

At times the action button was your flipper button, then the flipper would switch, then the action button was left flipper only and others.

That was one of my favourite things about woz , weak flippers , no hold flippers , ect .
I wish they did stuff like that on more games .
Bring it on!

#5841 3 years ago
Quoted from abendix:

Thanks - all good now !!!

When did you get your machine .

#5865 3 years ago
Quoted from abendix:

I was luckily in the first batch so it arrived a week ago . Loving it !!!

Lucky you , just in time for Lockdown

#5869 3 years ago

Have you got your game yet punkin .
Edit - what am I thinking , you're busy playing shit out of it .

#5870 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Might be looking to trade my tastefully modded POTC LE for a GNR.

Why would you want to trade your pirates for an average game , not a great shooter , with a useless upper Playfield , just OK code and annoying sounds

IMG_20210213_200608 (resized).jpgIMG_20210213_200608 (resized).jpg
#5874 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Because I’m willing to give it a try. Doesn’t mean I’ll keep it forever though.
Your right though, I may really f’ing regret doing it.

I'm just teasing . After your comments , I was just surprised to see you wanted one .
I've had time on both and don't think you will regret it but hey everyone has their own opinion .
Shows you how good the game is , it can even convert the non-believers .

IMG_20210213_200822 (resized).jpgIMG_20210213_200822 (resized).jpg
#5875 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Fucking gold. You can't get away with nothing on the interwebs.
Wish i could upvote X 1000

It's sitting in the shed here (11pm) after being dropped off by Bill a couple hours ago, I'm waiting for my mate Matt to come tomorrow afternoon. He put a deposit in same day as me (before me he reckons) and didn't get his game in this go, so I'd love to share the unboxing with him.
[quoted image]
Sides' it's comp day tomorrow and practicing would be cheating.
edit; and no way am i reading the big red instructions. promise.
We'llDealWithItThenPunkin

Congrats .
It must be a nice feeling knowing it's sitting there .
Half the fun is unboxing and getting that new pinball smell .
I've got a long wait ahead of me but I'm loving living through everyone and watching them receiving their games .

#5880 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

POTC is by far the least played game in the house.

I tried to sell my spot for pirates CE (at cost price) for months and only had one phone call .
It's only worth so much now because they are no longer making it .
GNR is a truly fun game and when that's no longer available the prices will do the same .
Grab the cash for pirates while its in demand .

#5978 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Paul from pinballsales.com.au just rang and told me he'd sort a new rail for me. Also asked after my flipper issue.
Good service right there.

Paul has been great to me , he gave me parts to fix my Hobbit , when they didn't work , he came over and fixed it for free , I hadn't even brought anything off him , great to see I wasn't the exception .
I tried to pay him and he wouldn't accept it , so I gave him a Dan Murphy's voucher .
I'm more than happy to do business with him in the future , unlike my previous distributor ( Wayne) Mr pinball .

#6009 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I need a part number or something so i can order them here in Australia is all.

Is the part number in the manual ?
I don't know if this helps but this is what I found on my Hobbit .

IMG20210216225448 (resized).jpgIMG20210216225448 (resized).jpg
#6242 3 years ago

A lot cheaper at , pinball spare parts Australia .

IMG_20210221_224013 (resized).jpgIMG_20210221_224013 (resized).jpgIMG_20210221_224511 (resized).jpgIMG_20210221_224511 (resized).jpg
#6284 3 years ago
IMG_20210222_215748 (resized).jpgIMG_20210222_215748 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6480 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A> This isn't a new problem. You're only reading about it so much because there's a solution for it now and people enjoy having the option.
B> Flippers still work, even when faded. You just don't get top performance out of them. Same fade story since forever.
C> You're right, there is no argument, fade is not new. JJP didn't invent it. Ask tournament players about classic 1980s and 1990s B/W machines that faded on them late in a tournament.
There's no hoping required. For jjGnR, if you play 30 minute sessions or less you will likely not notice fade at all. If you play longer sessions (especially if you trap up) you will likely notice fade. This isn't a defect, it isn't new, but there is a ready made solution now if you don't like it. Simple.

I think you're misunderstanding the chakapakuni , he's just saying IF flipper fade is a major issue why isn't fixed from the factory .
I have owned Wizard of Oz , The Hobbit , Get Away , and Fish Tales , all of them have been played for 3 to 4 hours Non-Stop on end , at Barbeques & Parties , and I've jumped on them and have still been able to the hit all the shots .
Obviously none of the people who play my pins are professional and trap up and cause the coils to heat up .
I totally get what you're saying , as you have temp sensors on Carl playing the game .
In this case I don't think anyone is out of line by what they are saying .
PS , if I install the fans , does that void my warranty .

1 week later
#6877 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Cant believe this, 6 new Sterns in a row no issues now grab a new JJP and within 2 days issue after issue.

Yep , Stern games hardly ever have any issues .
Although , they seem to have some problems with the up and down spinner on Led Zeppelin and they had issues with the subway on Avengers , also the diverter on Turtles was a bit dodgy , Stranger Things had more faults than you could poke a stick at , Elvira had back door issues .
Shit , now I think about it Stern has as many or more issues as any other manufacturer .
Sounds like you were lucky not to have any issues .

#6950 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Your explanation is a little confusing, but I think I see what you're saying. I think you're missing something about this. You don't progress lanes. You only light lights, which can then be moved. You can "Cash in a full set" anywhere. You are not progressing the lane. You are collecting sets of lights.
Usually this is done horizontally. In the case of most games, you are collecting a word that the outlanes and inlanes are spelling out. You don't need to roll out both outlanes to collect the word, you just cycle the unlit lights in to the inlanes at the correct time.
This is crucial to understand. You are NOT completing Lanes... Just light Sets.
So, you can collect 2 lights by rolling over the right inlane spelling "J" and "A" towards Jam. REMEMBER you haven't collected those letters specifically, you've merely collected 2 lights in that lane. Then if you make the left ramp, you can use the flippers to cycle the 2 lights you collected in the Right inlane over to the 2nd of the left inlanes, and complete a set on GNR to award a patch. OR you can bump them over to complete "AMP" and start multiball.
One Caveat I'll issue is that SOMETIMES when the ball drops from the upper playfield, I'm awarded 2 lights. I'm not sure if that's a switch error, or something I'm accidentally activating via code. Anybody have clarification on that??

This should be a key Post .

#6951 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Seems most people ”get it”.
The maxim you can't please all people all the time certainly holds.

IMG_20210312_135829 (resized).jpgIMG_20210312_135829 (resized).jpg
#7169 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

This is the 1st time that I’m buying rubbers, so there’s a particular size or all of them are standard?
Thanks

First time buying rubbers ay , they come in all sorts of sizes .
Personally I always buy extra large

#7205 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hahahahaha .... so I made a good choice Titans for a Titan

Lol , touche

#7206 3 years ago

This game is so popular you have to pre-order hoodies .
My wife ordered me a t-shirt over 4 months ago and we're still waiting . She receives code updates and notifications from jjp . I ordered a pinball machine almost 5 months ago and I receive nothing

Screenshot_2021-03-17-21-26-03-67 (resized).pngScreenshot_2021-03-17-21-26-03-67 (resized).png
#7337 3 years ago

Has Cliffy made a protector for the scoop . After seeing some people have some chipping , I think it is a must-have .

#7339 3 years ago

https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Quoted from screaminr:

Has Cliffy made a protector for the scoop . After seeing some people have some chipping , I think it is a must-have .

Apparently he has .

#7536 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:Damn just got a 32M (flawless victory) Thirst for Carnage Album mode!

IMG_20210323_221232 (resized).jpgIMG_20210323_221232 (resized).jpg
#7537 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

$24.5Kau delivered by Bill east coast of Australia.

You should put it on Gumtree to maximize your chances , but at 24.5 I think you'll be staying in the club , if not , you're laughing .
I had Bill / Trent pick up my Hobbit the other weekend , they do a great job .

#7626 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can someone point me to the post where the balls draining from the guitar lock fix is please? i remember it was a rail bend or a little clear bump glued on, but can't remember the details.
My left one is stdtm 90%

Is this the one you're thinking of ?

IMG_20210326_191645 (resized).jpgIMG_20210326_191645 (resized).jpg
#7628 2 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Hi gunners,
finished the topper incl. soundbar yesterday. Now the LE is the better CE because of it's artwork [quoted image]

Gday Rocanich
Looks great .
How did you connect the soundbar .

#7658 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, I did submit I was just curious if it’s a problem others have had and how was it handled by jjp. They are reviewing it now
Try this link. Maybe google photos works
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UN2Cg9CBWR12xfX49

From your decals to the actual cabinet , I hate to say it but your game is a lemon . Apparently jjp is only doing buybacks , which I think is pretty shity , please keep us updated on how you go , I really hope you get a satisfactory outcome .

#7760 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Time to change my appetite for spaghetti for something more appetizing... or destructive
My "Appetite For Destruction" arrived today (Amazing, just 8 business days to Canada).
I want to thank Ken H. and Nathan L. from “Jersey Jack”... simply an amazing Customer Service! Thank you.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Man , what a nice piece of wood .

#7803 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

My wife told me the same....
thanks Scream

No wonder , when she's got a Titan

Quoted from pinballjah:

I think they look great together May sell the DE at some point.
[quoted image]

If you do , you should let Titan , oops , I mean Roller know

#7805 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hahahaha.... jinx

Like , first in best dressed and you are in the same country.

#7829 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Cruel and unusual punishment. My wife texted that JJP emailed for final payment on our LE...I took it hook, line, and sinker...APRIL FOOLS!

That's mean as , I like her style though

#7830 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

They are sending me a new cab and the distributor is doing the swap. I guess the only thing that stinks is how long Will the swap take as I don’t know if that’s quick or slow

That's really good news .
It renews my faith in jjp customer support .

#7850 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Maybe JJP will eventually have a fix for this, but they sure aren’t acknowledging it openly yet.

If it is a major problem you would think you would hear lot more about it .

#7851 2 years ago

Just watched the Twipys , congratulations again , for game of the year . Such a well put together thank you video .
( and let's be honest , nothing else came close )

#7854 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What game will JJP have in this contest in 2021?

Hate to be boring but if everything goes to plan it should be Toy Story .

#7857 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Which is what I did with the first 3 issues with my game. BUT, many people are posting "when does the magnet activate"? So should those questions be ignored by those of us that know? Should I just post GOTY videos all day long? Sometimes, when there is a known issue (let's say the spinner on LZ), a company says "we realize there's an issue and we're working on a fix". Some companies don't I suppose. But, wow, one can't talk objectively about a JJP problem without the fanboys taking offense. Every single time. Owners of the game are asking questions and the question is being answered here.

If there are problems , I think they should be addressed publicly , I've only seen a few people post about magnet issue .
But if there are issues , people should talk about them to put pressure on jjp to fix whatever the issue is .

1 week later
#7908 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What to do here, seems a bit odd to have two sides that have “Truck this Side Only”. Are others’ boxes like this?
[quoted image]

That's a pickle . If I had to guess , I'll go the left side , it looks like the original side .
Glad pinside is back , great to see everyone again .

#7910 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

a day after my birthday last sunday a package arrived. It was a package i won on facebook from Dayne Henry jr's fanpage. Dayne apparently heard i won the giveaway and knew i had the LE pinball machine for which he did the artwork on the playfield and the backglass. He added a little something i was told. Never expected it to be a sketch of Axl Rose which he made for the machine and he hand colored it. It wil be framed and get a place in the gameroom by the pinball machine for sure.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks sick , great if you could get that as a large print .
You're a lucky guy .

#7947 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

in my "Attack From Mars" the record has been his for the past 2 years
Cheers

So he's a chip off the old Titan

#7991 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Funny, I thought I was the only person that bought mods before they actually had the game

Nup , my pile of mods is growing , just fun to have something arrive in the mail while I'm waiting for my game .

#8038 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

feel ya.
I am going to get the Pin shoes

I've got a hardwood floor , 14 bucks no worries , I've got two pins , so I'll get two lots .
28 bucks + the exchange rate , no worries , how much for shipping ?

IMG_20210414_225206 (resized).jpgIMG_20210414_225206 (resized).jpg
#8060 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Wow
Of course, RTBB just down the road from you in Melbourne has these with much more affordable postage:
https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/silicone-leg-leveler-casters-set-of-4/
Highly recommended for hardwood and cement floors, less so for carpet (like me) as they can leave some staining

Thanks mate , coin taker had a $30 shipping option I went with that . I should have looked around locally but at the time I just couldn't be stuffed

#8131 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I used a Dremmel with a cutting tool, but I know others have used tin snippers with success as well. It wasn’t a huge chore but certainly not plug n’ play. That said, the end result is fucking beautiful so it’s worth the hassle! The added reflection really amplifies the visuals!

Did you go with the normal mirror Blades or black mirror blades .

#8195 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The difference tween hobbit and GnR for me is the game is also tougher for me to keep the balls alive in the Gunners.
Hobbit you can go for the side challenges and still have fun, build a decent score and walk away thinking you've had a blast for 1/2 hr.
Gunners it is only one game in 4 or 5 where i feel like i've achieved something or had some fun. My average scores are around the 1.5million (best is under 5 and GC score on mine), i'm not a very good player and my reaction times are just not quick enough to save the ball from the left ramp posts most times. Off those targets and straight down the guts.
I also run out of stamina on GnR, forget to breathe when i've got all those balls going and start losing concentration because i am tiring so quick and shaking so much.
Funny i can punch the speedball for 15mins straight and not be panting.
It's just not as much fun for lower class players as Hobbit.
It's much more beautiful though, and i am slowly starting to gain more ball control skills by playing it. I don't hate it like i hate JP, IM and ACDC. (Iron Maiden, well maybe not hate...)

If GNR is like an onion , The Hobbit is like a bag of onions .

#8197 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well said young man.

How shiny are your black mirror blades are they really like a mirror , from kjs .

#8384 2 years ago

Hopefully the holes on the top of the back box are for a topper , I heard JJP was going to make one for the le .
Seems a waste of time to drill them if they're not going to make one .
Hey Roller , do these holes look the same as you have on your CE .

IMG_20210420_225103 (resized).jpgIMG_20210420_225103 (resized).jpg
#8385 2 years ago

With delivery expectations set for tomorrow, I want to be sure I can play after setup.
Since it’s going to be a 110v in a 220v power source, I asked a few months ago how to make the change. LTG can you please refer me once again to the page in the manual showing how to make the change? I can’t find that post.
also (in screenshot attached below), there is this comment to consider - someone wrote back when I originally asked....
Is this true? Do I need some sort of hardware for a 110/220 swap?
Or can I just follow the manual?
My dist and also Barry @ jjp also said this was a simple change. Thanks! Not sure I’ll be getting any sleep tonight.
[quoted image]

Wouldn't the game be set up for your country ?
I never had to adjust anything for our 240 V .

#8453 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

So either it's not enough fade to matter or people aren't playing their gnr pins for extended periods? why isn't this being talked about as a number one issue unless the fade just isn't enough to affect game play? It's there a gnr flipper fade post that's on fire that I'm missing out on?
Just because it's noticeable maybe doesn't equate to enough to significantly impair game play? I'm really curious if it's just a known pin "thing" but not really a showstopper or much of an issue?
However, obviously there's enough chatter about it that it became a setting in the beta code, so there is that... Is there a hard stop playing this pin all out for a certain period of time like say 45 to 60 minutes where this fade becomes such an issue and you literally have to stop playing and let the coils cool down because you just can't make shots due to the fade?
I'd really like to know from the people that have their gnr pins, both the ones who just got them and are probably and hopefully wearing them out having a blast and those that have had them for months.. you all are in the position to comment on real world experiences with this. Thoughts?

I've played GNR twice and each time for about an hour . I never noticed anything and was still able to make all the shots . I used to play my Hobbit for 2 to 3 hours at a time and it has lots of multi balls and same thing , never noticed anything and could still hit all the shots .
I don't doubt what PinMonk and Chuck are saying .
I did hear someone say on a podcast that they thought because we have 240v over here , it helps with the flippers . I don't know , either way it hasn't been an issue for me .

#8455 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Next time you play, backhand the left ramp. After 30 mins try it again.

Will do , I'm positive I was able to do that last time but I will really keep an eye on it next time . Even when there were parties here and people were playing The Hobbit for the afternoon , I would jump on it and would still be able to play it just like normal .
I'm not disputing the coils can heat up and get weaker .
I just never found it to be a problem .

#8457 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It usually isn’t a problem for most. But can become frustrating if there’s a shot that is really sensitive to ball speed. You may only notice that at the start of a session, right ramp backhands Zip up there and later ones only trickle up there. I’m talking ones that go all the way up to the upper flipper. I’m sure on the SE it never matters.

I wonder if there's any truth in our different voltage makes a difference ?

#8573 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay so to summarize here's what I did to remove the upper play field to put on the cliffy on the scoop:
For pictures I just referenced Vitty's post which was on page 150 of this thread I believe.
1. Removed bass guitar wire frame... Just two nuts and two washers holding in place... Entire assembly goes straight up 90 degrees to the play field and then pulls out of the holes in the upper play field.
2. Remove two nuts holding axl in place. Removed axl
3. Lift playfield. Locate molex connector and rj 45 to upper playfield unplug.
4. The next part requires some patience there's a yellow and green wire that runs up to a control board also ties into a black and red wire... In order to have enough slack to lift the playfield you'll need to trace this wire from the upper play field to the connection point and unplug it take your time you'll find it. Also will require cutting zip ties to give yourself some slack Make sure to take plenty of pictures. Again I didn't remove the upper playfield entirely I simply provided enough slack to the cables that were there that once the playfield is lowered I was able to lift it up and put a microfiber towel underneath to protect the upper playfield from the main.
5. Remove the two screws holding the scoop protector in place.
6. Lower playfield.
7. Remove the left spotlight wiring so that you're not putting any undo stress on the light when you lift the playfield.
8. Remove four screws in the upper play field a long magnet really helps here.
9. Carefully lift up on the upper play field and have a thick microfiber towel at the ready to be able to slide underneath to protect the lower surface from the upper If you feel resistance stop make sure that you have clearance on the wires below You shouldn't have to move it that much we're only trying to get it out of the way so that we can get to the scoop assembly.
10. Next unscrew the two nuts holding the metal guitar shelf guide and remove
11. Unscrew the nut holding the plastic in place which also doubles as a one-way ballgate, You should be able to lift the plastic off now.
12. Using a hex driver, loosen the two posts, one has a ring bumper on it, The other has a larger ring that spans to a post.
13. Unscrew the two screws that are holding the vuk ball guide... You should now be able to remove the two brackets that hold the blue rubber bumpers
14. Remove the inner scoop protector... I did this by pushing down on the front and pulling up on the back work slowly so is to not damage the scoop hole.
15. There will be some adhesive left over on the playfield from the previous mantis protector I left mine in place as it still had enough stickiness to function to hold down the cliffy
16. Here's where we may differ My cliffy's once installed needed to be ground down a little bit with the Dremel because I had them interfering with the two ball locks and metal was scraping... You may be okay but this is definitely a place you want to make sure you have clearance before you screw everything back together.
17. Insert the new cliffy by putting the front end in first, The clip should spring to the playfield and the sides need to be slightly pinched and it should just pop right in
18. Insert the back wall inner cliffy protector again trial fit to make sure you have clearance
19. Now just reassemble everything in reverse order starting with the vuk ball guide to lock the cliff in place followed by the two rubber bumper brackets and then the posts
20. Once you've reassembled the top playfield lift it up again and resecure all the wires that you loosened and cut zip ties for.
21. Make sure none of your wires are crossing the vuk, and also make sure you have slack on your left spotlight so that it can move freely.
That's it... It sounds a lot worse than it actually is Just be sure to take your time take lots of pictures label stuff if you're not sure don't rush This is definitely not something you're going to knock out in a 30 minutes..It took me about three hours talking my time.
Couple of notes that I did as extras:
I put a couple drops of blue loctite on the two scoop ball guide screws
Couple posts back I showed were the wires crossed in front of the metal frame housing for the left spotlight here's where I put some mylar to protect the wires from frame over time over time again maybe overkill but I'd rather have a little overkill protection than have to send away for a new assembly due to cut wires
For the dremel cuts on the cliffy, I used a sharpie to mark the areas that needed to be cut, used a simple sanding wheel at high speed ..go very slowly.. as you only want to remove what metal is interfering and no more
Also while I had to play field off I took the opportunity to replace whatever PL slings and rings that they had assembled with Titan clears
Hope this helps

Great job for documenting your steps . I've got Cliffy's on order and I'm dreading the install .
It's been said before but why can't jjp work with Cliffy . Jjp put in a horrible looking protector that doesn't even protect the front of the scoop , unlike Cliffy's protector which looks great and you know it will do the job .

IMG_20210424_230145 (resized).jpgIMG_20210424_230145 (resized).jpgIMG_20210424_230309 (resized).jpgIMG_20210424_230309 (resized).jpg
#8574 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

What company makes the best mirror blades for this game in the US? Mine comes in on Monday.

I'm trying to find the best black mirror blades in Oz . If anyone has any suggestions I would love to know .

#8587 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

That's a great summary pinballgas !
You're spot on with your description of the improved stereo imaging. One example - the loops have stereophonic effects that track the ball from side to side which was very clever. There are countless other wonders in the track that you simply cannot hear with clarity out of the box. Here is the link again:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/
Below is some reading in case you're interested in our assessment:
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-audio-overview/
Have fun!
-Dan

I really want to get one of these , would love to see a , step-by-step video install .
I watched the Wonka install and thought it rushed a few steps , and wasn't very clear and with the new tweeters install , I'm just not sure .
I don't want to spend a lot of money on this mod and fuck up , the install process .

#8701 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Have you tried Kurt at KJS Pinball in Brisbane?

Yep , all roads seem to be leading to KJS.

#8708 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Minor NIB issues that I've had in 3 days on my LE: (this isn't to bag on JJP but merely to point out things to look for for new owners)
This is my first JJP and despite these little issues listed below (which I wish weren't present on an $11k machine) it's still a beauty, rock solid and plays amazing. I am just now getting past the shock phase of the new pin and getting into the rules etc...now that most of the issues are worked out...it's really opening up and becoming a blast to play.
Look out for these gotchas
1. 150 games in..Spotlight on right servo arm broke - and will not go up/down...3 games later spotlight on left will not test properly and is intermittent up down and makes grinding noises
2. Coil stop flew off left flipper assembly, landed in coinbox while playing - fixed - just needed to be reattached and tightened - 2 others were loose upone inspection
3. Pawl bolt right flipper snapped on it's own in first 5 games - replaced myself
4. Both Drumsticks mylar came off on bottom, interfered with one way gate assembly near right orbit and pops, had to remove and re - mylar - looks perfect again
5. Wrinkling around left flipper button - fixed myself with hairdryer and guitar pick to smooth, looks 100% again thankfully
6. Replaced all rubber with Titans as 4 of them were split already without a ball being played
7. Sticker on record lifting around bumber post - living with it for now....may ask JJP for a new sticker if it gets worse but so far it looks like it's not spreading and doesn't affect play
8. Pop bumper bottom position has design flaw where ball comes to rest on skirt and bumper. Fixed with foam piece on skirt, hidden from view while playing so not a huge deal, but I hope they address it or design a new skirt
9. W wire gate on left ramp came off a couple times, a simple pressure on the right vertical support bracket towards the ramp stopped that - 2 second fix
10. Backglass rattling in backbox, fixed with a small piece of weather stripping on back of glass frame
Now I don't expect perfection as pinball has always been a play and repair hobby in my opinion. However, in most of my issues above, either just a little more QC or better parts would have made all the difference.
I had similar issues with both my Sterns (Star Wars had the outlane rollovers reversed - my first pin, had to rewire that, also had major shorting issue from debris in GI sockets...JP had the Dinosaur jaw fall off, broken newton ball, poorly aligned shooter lane return, digging in guiderails, broken coilstops, so again, it's pinball...This stuff is actually fun an the process of figuring out broken things and repairs is something I honestly enjoy and with each new issue you learn something new.
But to answer your questions
Yep, have the 1st issue, it's just a sticker, you can get another from JJP
2nd issue, yes there are mods in the works, the CE thread has people making deflectors and I think PinMonk may start making them
[quoted image]

Mate you're doing a great job documenting everything and I'm learning a lot to look out for from your issues .
I've every post in this thread and it's the first time I've heard about the Milar coming off the drumsticks . It sucks to have these problems but you seem as though you're taking them in your stride .

#8874 2 years ago

I’m thinking there should be some sort of sequence we can follow on the flippers, kind of like what you would do for an Easter egg. When the ball is stuck in the jets, you could flip 2L 3R, for example, and that would give all jets one hit to clear the ball. Much better than taking the glass off and losing that balls play.

I really like that idea .
Also what about a flipper code to pause the game , to fix a ball trap or just to go take a piss and grab another beer

#8875 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Can someone please tell me who it was that's selling a lighting kit to illuminate the backglass borders that are around the display? I'm sure I read that someone was selling this somewhere in this 178 page thread. Thanks

From what other people have said you should be able to use one of these USB LED strip from Jaycar .
It's a lot cheaper and should work ?
I'm not 100% sure but I'm sure someone well let us know , if it doesn't work .
https://www.jaycar.com.au/power-batteries/lighting/led-strip-lighting/c/0EB?sort=popularity-desc&q

#8904 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Am I supposed to remove these felt/foam inserts between the legs and the cabinet? When I unboxed they were there for protection and I assumed they were the protectors between the legs and the cabinet. The unboxing instructions doesn't mention them so maybe I'm just dumb and they don't belong there.
[quoted image]

I would keep them there , looks like a new thing they're doing .

#8908 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

They are indeed for protection. They keep your cabinet from getting gouged up. All my JJPs have em!

Yep , I use them as well . They do have the built in ones now but the felt ones give me a bit of peace of mind . Really glad to see jjp are including them now .

#8914 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've no doubt the foam works, but the mylar is invisible to me and it works too.
Choose your poison till JJP comes up with a better post.

What shape and how big did you cut the Mylar .
Every time I've played the game it's happened to me at least a couple of times , how did they not pick up on this during the design phase .

#8935 2 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Just an FYI…I’m on 1.20 and got my first Encore freeze in a long while. It appears that it is mostly fixed as I think this was a fringe case with the timing. I was on Mr. Brownstone with one ball left, and I lost the ball down the left outlane with a Coma ball save in play…during which the song then went into the Applause jackpot timing (last 15 sec of song). Unfortunately I didn’t hit the center scoop in time and lost a big jackpot. The game then went into the Encore animation and froze.
I’ll submit via JJP support ticket to let them know too. Anyone else seen this one crop up again?

I would let Keith know on this thread .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program

#8957 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Walmart sells Monster LED strips for 65" TVs that cost only $5. They are the perfect size for the monitor and full RGB with a remote. Nothing special at all is needed and I've done this mod myself on all my JJP games.

Stupid question , why are people adding LEDs to their TVs ?

#8959 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

They put them around the bottom and sides of
The backglasss around the display, so it lights up.

So you pull the back off your TV and put them in internally ?

#8966 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

LOL no just for backlighting I would imagine. In fact looking at the product I bet that’s what they’re doing here and I was thinking something different.

Just watch some YouTube videos on it , totally stupid idea if you ask me . The last thing you would want is bright lights coming from behind your TV .

#8970 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

You’ve missed the point (I think).
It’s to make the art on all areas of the back glass visible not have bright lights in your face. You don’t see the lights through the glass, you see illuminated art.
Same issue occurred on hobbit/dialed in and pirates.
Imagine a stern pin in which only half the back glass art lit up.

Yep , I was talking about TV's not the pins .

#9010 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I just installed black mirror blades. I too was concerned about clearance but it's actually fine. No issues raising or lowering the playfield at all.

Did you get them from kjs are they really shiny .

#9013 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Can you post some pics of the black mirror blades

Check out Post #1225 . Thanks to TheGunnett .
Or type in " black mirror blades " in topic search .

IMG_20210503_224704 (resized).jpgIMG_20210503_224704 (resized).jpg
#9051 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I would gladly pay JJP extra to have a playfield like Haggis.. free from dimples, pooling, chipping, missing art.. That would eliminate most modern pin issues

You beat me to it .
It's been a while since any of these issues have been reported here .
If it is a small random issue now , I don't know why JJP doesn't make Micro give people new playfields , at the minimum , to try the keep them happy .

#9054 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak: What I don't understand is how Hobbit playfields made by Micro are pretty much perfect, probably the best quality playfields on JJP games. Micro seemed to change something with how they are making playfields. It's on JJP though for continuing to use them and sell products with quality defects.

Yep , my Hobbit Playfield was perfect after thousands of balls .
What I don't get is why would you let a third party make your product look so bad .

#9143 2 years ago

Quoted from zaphX:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

IMG_20210505_231748 (resized).jpgIMG_20210505_231748 (resized).jpg
#9320 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Australia has more than 250 day one orders still waiting to be fulfilled (287 of all models were ordered on day one)
The CEs will be sorted very soon but I fear us LEs will be waiting some time…

Looks like I'm screwed , I waited a month before ordering . On the plus side hopefully they have assembly down pat by the time I get mine .
Now , I did order a t-shirt 6 months ago , tell me it takes that long to make one of those

#9383 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I noticed that the condom, bra, and underwear patches are still accessible in "non-adult mode."

Again, I know this is GNR, but I do wish there was a way to hide these particular patches, including the lighter.

What's the world come to .
Condoms , bras and undies and even lighters are now offensive ?

Quoted from highdef:

In all seriousness, how does JJP address this in somewhere like Utah? I imagine their endgame is to sell as many games as possible.

Isn't Utah the state where you can have as many underage wives as you want , I wouldn't be looking to them for moral guidance .

IMG_20210509_165756 (resized).jpgIMG_20210509_165756 (resized).jpg
#9422 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Not that any of this matters, but I was buying Richard Pryor, Andrew Dice Clay, and Eddie Murphy cassettes in grade school. I started going to bars at 17 and was hanging out on tour buses when I was 19. I toured with bands like Slayer and Black Sabbath (a band that influenced GNR) as soon as I hit my 21st birthday. I am definitely the wrong person to lecture on morality and censorship.
Unfortunately, you have to walk a thin line in today's world and I wanted to know how parents navigate it. Just because YOU think it is OK, doesn't mean others do.
I never once said I agreed with it, nor did I create the "movement." Again, I am the wrong guy to lecture on this topic. I was simply asking this question since I do not have kids.

#9512 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

This pin just set a very high bar that we might not see crossed (even by JJP) for a while (if ever)

Spot on Chaka .
Beides how well it is designed and with all the lighting innovations and all the assets you could want , it was ready in 2019 but because of covid they had an extra year to polish the game , I don't think we'll ever see that again .

#9514 2 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

I'm sure this is my fault for not noticing prior to putting any games on it! Anyone with a new LE may want to check the position of theirs. LE #953. Looks like a design flaw of the plunger length or the adjustment length. A slow motion video with the diverter in the fully raised position shows the bottom nut barely clearing the bashed in playfield.
[quoted image]

Clearly not your fault but thank you for making everyone else aware of this issue .

1 week later
#10028 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Again, its not Mirco that is the issue here. Mirco did not create the artwork going under the posts, JJP did. JJP is the one’s at fault, not Mirco. They only do what JJP tells them to do and work with JJP artwork. Mirco did not create the artwork that is under all the posts. Everyone else in the industry does not put artwork under the posts now. JJP has done this for years and has not changed their process, so the results are always going to be the same. JJP could change vendors and still will have same issues. With a JJP PFs, it is not a matter of if, but when will the PF go bad.

We had such a good run with no reported playfield issues and now all of a sudden it's like an avalanche .
I want my game to stay in as good as condition as possible , so I brought a Cliffy set which arrived the other day (but there was no carbon fibre part ?) You can just see the quality compared to what jjp offers . Cliff made the ordering process really easy and was a great guy to deal with .
It was my decision to pay for the extra protection against wear and tear but when you have art work literally ripping and flaking off the Playfield you know there is a big issue .
Micro obviously have some problems in their process and for jjp to basically tell you " to piss off " when you have a problem , is beyond disappointing .

IMG20210523161137 (resized).jpgIMG20210523161137 (resized).jpgIMG_20210523_200541 (resized).jpgIMG_20210523_200541 (resized).jpg
#10031 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Feel for you. This is unacceptable and you shouldn’t have to pay for “extra protection” just to try to save your big purchase from destruction. I’m sure there are a ton of unreported GNR PF problems from people who don’t even come here to pinside and show their photos. Way too much money to spend to have JJP tell us to get lost or ask what do we want them to do about it? JJP solution: send a $2 washer kit, that exacerbates the issue even more. There will be a ton of fire sale GNRs on the market, with few buyers, whom don’t want rubbish play fields in their collections. That big chunk out of your Gibson neck looks terrible. Which one of us would accept a new car with the paint and finish cracking and crinkling and flaking off all over the place, just after driving it 150 miles?

No need to " feel for me " as I haven't received my game yet .
Buying a Cliffy set is just a personal peace of mind thing .
I had a Woz RR and the Playfield was sweet as and I also had a Hobbit le and the Playfield was perfect after thousands of balls .
I also had a deposit on a potc ce but after waiting for over 18 months and with all the mechanical issues and the Playfield issues and the code not being up to what I wanted , I let that go , how stupid do I look now .
I am still going to go ahead with my GNR purchase , the game is that good but if all my art work comes off the Playfield and JJP tell me to " fuck off" , I will never buy anything off them again .

#10128 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Greatest game of the decade is disappointing because there aren't enough mechs?

Lol , I haven't heard that song since I was a kid .
The lack of complicated mech's is one reason why I went for GNR . It's a band pin and doesn't need complicated mechs , I love how it has some kinetic diverters and a VUK , some opto's and the new sensors . I totally understand why some people want lots of Interactive mech's , I want to play Pinball not fix pinball .
No one wants to hear about Playfield issues ,
the last thing I want to do is , do research on whether I need petg or silicone washers or Milar circles or how many , or whatever other crap , but it is what it is , and if we didn't have these shit playfields , I wouldn't have to bother about it .
I understand that some people don't want to hear about it but closing your eyes and putting your hands over your ears and say , la la la la won't make the problem go away .

#10191 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

For anyone in Australia looking for (hopefully) solutions.
https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/clear-petg-fender-washers-3-4-7-8-1/
[quoted image]

Are they flexible like the plastic on Tupperware .
And why is JJP installing metal washers , a hard surface is not gonna help with a soft clear coat .
If you have any of that ball deflector stuff left put me down for a bit , I'll chuck it on the pile of stuff I've brought for GNR , if this game doesn't rock up , I'm screwed

#10192 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Wow lots of topper coming for this game. I have heard JJP is releasing, then there's Lior's and now also Pinball Bazaar. Great to see some options. I can't wait to see when they are all released.

Yep .
Loir's topper should be great , with lasers and rgb's and interactive with the game but the price will probably be mental .
Pinball bazaar topper , probably in the Middle with some 3d Image's and cool lights .
JJP topper , maybe plexi with lights .
With what I have pictured in my head , I don't think you could go wrong with any of them , just go with whatever suits your budget .

#10193 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Bunnings doesn't have anything similar?

You're making me hungry , I want a sausage

#10246 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I see your point. But it’s $1000 vs. $10000 out of my pocket for the gamble. Just not willing to stomach that. Know when to hold them, know when to fold them, and know when to run...as a wise man said.

Mate , don't throw away your deposit .
Wait for your game and sell it nib .
Lots of people have no issues and have perfect playfields .
Even if you had an issue with your Playfield , it's not like jjp is gonna do anything about it anyway .
Just like people paying 38 k for NIB potc ce , buyer beware .

#10283 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If you're getting or have a game with no damage yet, one thing to try would be to take an xacto knife with a new blade and carefully score the playfield right around the base of the post. Cut through the clear and art so any twisting or other movement of the post isn't transferred to the surrounding art.
If you make the cut right against the post you'll never see it. Don't add any washers, and if a small washer is already there just score around it. Goal is to separate the clear under the post from the clear surrounding it.

There's no way I'd try that , especially before you see a problem .
IF I do get pooing , I'll go with yelobird's method to fix it and move on .
But that doesn't mean we should stop complaining about the issue and let JJP off the hook .
They need to fix this for once and for all .

#10285 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Exactly Scream, I’m close to 2,000 games x 5 balls (=10,000 balls played, "0" issues)…
Scream, you and Chaka, both of your LE’s are going to be two of those with "0" issues as well mate! Period!

Thanks mate , great to hear you've got no problems . I'll say that diamond coat spell as well , just to be safe
Are you getting deep into the game , have you seen The Wizard mode yet ?
I wish I had my game we've just gone back into lockdown again

#10288 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Be patient about your game mate, mine was ordered Oct-5th and I got it on mid February, the wait was worth it 100% in my case

It's hard , but what's getting me through this is buying bits and pieces while I'm waiting .
I just want to see the 3 toppers to decide which one to get .

#10292 2 years ago

lol , you crack me up
If you do have any issues Zach will look after you .

Quoted from pinballj:

I ordered through FlipNOut, so I assume that is almost ready for delivery, and if it has issues, will just follow the typical path of letting my distro know and then jjp.
I just can't wait to have fun with it. If there are issues with it, I sure hope JJP and Mirco (or cough cough not Mirco?? ) gets it right for future titles.
Anyway, love reading this thread when it is about strategy, mods, fixes in that order.

IMG_20210528_202425 (resized).jpgIMG_20210528_202425 (resized).jpg
#10294 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think their fix was washers but also to not screw down everything so hard.
If someone was really worried about it, I would recommend people loosen posts and either hand tighten or very carefully tighten with a tool.
I wouldn’t do this. You just don’t need to.

I think you've got a good point , how freaking hard do you screw down the post for the washer the end up looking like this .

IMG_20210523_234652 (resized).jpgIMG_20210523_234652 (resized).jpg
#10299 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way. If the art adheres to the wood correctly, you can tighten the post down until it disintegrates, and all that will be left is a white ring on the clear/art where the post damaged it from being over tighten.
Long story short, if the art and clear is applied correctly, this issue shouldn’t even be possible.

I agree 100% but if it wasn't screwed as hard maybe you could get away with it . Maybe ?

#10307 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Washers are on order and I will be adding them to the cliffy install project and rubber replacement as well. Just sharing the build date and timeline, for those that are low on plays, keep an eye out. It might be better to do it proactivly.

I read somewhere PinMonk was doing mylar circles for the bottom of the posts , that could be the way to go .
Is that correct pin Monk

#10362 2 years ago
Quoted from gump79:

Looks good!
Been working on some cab lighting myself. Started under cabinet first. Need to install the head next.

That looks totally awesome , like fooflighter said would love to know how you did it .

#10507 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm a bit confused about the washer situation as there seems to be so many options now.
Can someone please rank these in order of best solution to worst and and experience you've had post installment (how many plays post operation)
PETG washers
Titan Silicone washers
Cliffy Carbon Fibre washers
JJP Issued washers
Mylar Circles
Post sized washers

The whole thing is a head fuck .
It would be great if jjp knew the correct answer but obviously they don't and are guessing just like the rest of us .
The problem seems to be , a hard post pushing on a soft surface makes it Bubble Up and eventually pop .
So a metal washer would just spread the same issue further out .
So I'm going to go with the yelobird's method and put a Mylar washer down , that way if it does ripple up , it will all be held in place and won't just tear off and leave a blank space on the plywood .
Hope for the best , prepare for the worst

#10510 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

One side or the other needs to hire a chemist, someone who understands the properties of these materials, why they won't bond, and how to make them bond.
A consultant would cost a few bucks, but this is getting crazy.

My Hobbit playfield was beautiful , who knows what they've changed since then .

#10564 2 years ago

#10566 2 years ago

#10623 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Questions on these cliffy carbon fiber washers. Going to loop Cliffy in here too.
1- How sticky is the sticky side?
2 - If art is already tearing, and you slap this baby down and stick it ot the playfield, would you ever be able to remove it without pulling all that art with the carbon fiber washer?
3 - Would it be better if they didn't stick to the playfield? Is there a piece of plastic over the adhesive backing that you could just choose to not remove?
4 - Cliffy Would you make them without a sticky side?
5 - Cliffy Would you make them with a smaller inside diameter, so a washer wouldn't be needed and it would center better?
If these are dumb questions, I apologize. I've never held one in my hand. I've only seen pictures.

You could always turn it over so the sticky side is up .
Or use some metho or whatever to remove the sticky .

#10831 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:Whoa there great game but still not POTC by a long stretch

Couldn't agree more .
GNR has full assets , on Pirates you just see props not characters , you don't even get the pirate song .
GNR doesn't have 125 versions of the same mode.
GNR has a fun Wizard mode which is actually programmed .
GNR is also popular , not just because it's no longer available .
It doesn't have multiple threads on fix issues .
You don't have to buy kits to make it quieter .
I tried to sell my Potc ce for cost price for months and months and only ever had one phone call .
It's only valuable now because it is rare not because of how fun it is .
I still like the game but it does not compare to GNR .

#10928 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am so exhausted by all the damn playfield posts on here.
Nobody talking about the game any more, it's all "look at my posts" or "mine seems ok I guess I'm lucky."
Does anyone buy pins to, you know, play them?

I'm sick of people saying they are sick of hearing about the Playfield issues .
Take it to the I'm sick of hearing about the Playfield issues the thred

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-sick-of-hearing-about-gnr-playfield-issues#post-6324676

#10933 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm just so sick of hearing about it constantly, it's ruining Pinside. I've been leaving the playfield threads alone BTW.

Nobody wants to hear about it , everyone wishes it never happened .
You posted about your issues and put a picture up of your Solutions but now if anyone else does the same you're sick of it . You're a good guy and you're very helpful but it does seem to be like the pot calling the kettle .

IMG_20210608_235822 (resized).jpgIMG_20210608_235822 (resized).jpgIMG_20210608_235846 (resized).jpgIMG_20210608_235846 (resized).jpg
#10938 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's because in my view we've identified the issue and potential workarounds. What else is there to say? What's the point of 1000 "me too" posts?

The point of 1000 me to posts , is to put pressure on jjp and micro to fix the issue .
If everyone had your attitude of I'll fix it myself and move on , why would they feel the need to resolve the issue .
And by the way , no one is stopping you from talking about the modes you like , game play tactics or anything else .

#11027 2 years ago

Is it just me or is pinside not working , I can't see shit .

#11094 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Where is everyone getting the clear petG washers? I ordered cliffys and he sells carbon fiber rings for the posts. Do you think this is just as good as the petG that’s clear? It seems like carbon fiber would protect the playfield is put underneath of the metal washers.

This is one place you can get them .
https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html
Personally I think Mylar circles are the way to go .

#11121 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Well I would feel ashamed to charge 400 bucks for something that simple... I mean, there's literally zero engineering involved, it's pure connectivity.
I'm not really in the business of doing mods, as I have a full day job which satisfies me fully. I would be willing to provide DIY instructions with one caveat : I don't have the game yet so I don't know where are the game ledstrip connections and what they look like
If the other pinsider who did it could post picture of the original game connectors and their location, I'm sure both of us should be able to come up with something comprehensive for the electronic noob to follow.

That's very generous of you .
As someone with zero knowledge in this area , I would happily pay a couple of hundred bucks for a plug-and-play solution . It's such a cool mod , I'm sure it's just a matter of time before Pin Stadium , Ler mods , the mod couple or someone else comes out with a kit .

#11127 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s not an easy plug and play situation for a modder to pull together as you have to tap into the data lines, which require soldering, and you’ll need an external power supply. It’s not hard or expensive to do, but you do need some electrical skill. Personally, im not going to do it because as someone else mentioned, the hot rails are not always in sync with each other and you’ll just get a jumbled mess of colors at times. The only thing I’ve done is install sound activated led strips that I plugged into the wall outlet and they seem to work just fine.

I really like the idea of extra lighting from behind the cabinet , do you have a product for the sound activated LED strips you mentioned .

#11165 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

ZaphX deactivated his account?

I hope he wasn't offended by the take it to the " I'm sick of hearing about the playfields thread "
It was genuinely meant in a lighthearted , tongue-in-cheek way .
A few people were pissed , even after it was explained that it was a joke , I get it , but that's not going stop me from trying to have some fun and lighten up the place .
Sometimes we can all get a bit too serious about what's meant to be a fun hobby .
Although , there's nothing funny about art work coming off your playfield .
Jjp needs to come up with a better solution than buying your game back , which no one wants to sell , because it's such a great game .
It's such a pitty these Playfield issues are detracting from such a awesome game that Eric has made .

#11225 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Good discovery and hoping this fix works…maybe we need to tell Doc too….
[quoted image]
Lol

When you were saying that crap in the Playfield thread , I thought whatever , say what you want . And when you said GNR has no flow , I knew you had no idea .
But when you say that shit here , like I said before , your opinion is irrelevant and yep I'm right .

IMG_20210615_231507 (resized).jpgIMG_20210615_231507 (resized).jpg
#11226 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW GNR TOPPER JUST ANNOUNCED!!!
The Officially Licensed JJP Guns N' Roses Pinball Topper Accessory
Looks great, affordable, and easy to install. Scheduled to start shipping in Aug/Sept.
Buy yours not before its too late! #buybuybuy
Flip N Out Pinball
flipnoutpinball.com
[email protected][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think the topper looks good and is an affordable price . If it had a couple of rotating spot lights I would be in . I just want to see the other two before making my mind up .

#11283 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

This is what is did better then nothing,nylon sleeve reduced to a snug fit
[quoted image]

Another quick and easy way could be to use some plumbers silicone tape , or electrical or sticky tape , to pad it out ?
Your way looks much more professional , I'm just thinking if you have nothing else .

IMG20210616223349 (resized).jpgIMG20210616223349 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
883 posts in this topic match your search for posts by screaminr. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.