IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg
IMG_0142 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tata.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1338 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Wonder if Cliffy could make a Clear carbon Fiber so that you don't lose the artwork....don't know if clear is even possible/available.

I was also thinking the same thing for the guitar head 6 ball lock. I would think with all the ball's rolling off that something should be made for that as well that would be clear

Screenshot_20201021-112515_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201021-112515_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:I was also thinking the same thing for the guitar head 6 ball lock. I would think with all the ball's rolling off that something should be made for that as well that would be clear[quoted image]

To add to this... thick mylar underneath to protect the playfield from the balls dropping onto it.

2 weeks later
#2302 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's what I would want on mine. Nice!
Btw with all of these super cool mods it's awesome that we can pair the CE add ons with the superior LE cabinet art you really have the ultimate model. Love it

"superior LE cabinet art" Taking beautifully done artwork already made for concert posters, does not scream pinball cabinet art work. I'm sorry, but it doesn't. It's no different than copying and pasting images of characters from a movie based theme. It looks fantastic, but the CE screams pinball themed GNR original artwork! That's what attracted me to the CE when I first saw it. I'm glad that you're cumming in your paints over it....but please "superior"

#2372 3 years ago

Did you buy the full white or RGB? I would think that RGB lights would wash the color of the translite. Does anyone have any insight on this?

1 week later
#2903 3 years ago

The reason why they haven't sent them out or why we have no timeline yet could be easily understood.... Playfield playfield playfields issues being resolved

#2904 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

The reason why they haven't sent them out or why we have no timeline yet could be easily understood.... Playfield playfield playfields issues being resolved...just saying

#2906 3 years ago

The reason why they haven't sent them out or why we have no timeline yet could be easily understood.... Playfield playfield playfields issues being resolved

1 week later
#3175 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Your distributor or JJP owns your payment. You do not yet own said pinball machine.

Geez....now Pinside has the "Collection Police"

#3193 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Will one lucky CE owner get his before Christmas? We shall see.

Oh PLEASE let it be me

#3202 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

It still needs some scoring/rules tweaking in code, but for the most part, its a great game. Start song as a bonus from the scoop with no way to cancel is infuriating. That's right, I'm mentioning it again, since it happens far too frequently.

Keep on banging the drum! We're thankful to have guys like you that have the game given insight like this. We know they're listening so hopefully they do tweak it.

#3211 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Did anyone else notice the WANTED GNRCE ads went from 14 to 3.

I was thinking the same thing but just felt that people gave up looking. It seems that those that have them now are holding on to them. We'll see what happens when the game starts shipping though

#3264 3 years ago

Wow... definitely not cheap but still would buy the Merch bundle when available in the states

#3283 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

3 feet, 8 inches is a lot of room and a handtruck will work. I have much less room than that with a landing and can move games up with an escalera with no issue. As noted, take it out of the box.

I can attest to that

#3454 3 years ago

Listening to all you guys that have your pinball already is making me so excited for mine to show up. The anticipation is killing me!!!

#3761 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone with an LE installed black chrome blades? I usually add mirror blades to my machines, but I think the LE would look awesome with black chrome. Thoughts?

I put these on my Shadow and totally changed how the game looks and absolutely loved it. I can only imagine how great it would look on a game like GNRLE

#3922 3 years ago

I've never felt better about purchasing a pin as much as I do now after seeing the LZ reveal! Come on CE cannot wait!!!!

#4046 3 years ago

Looking to get a pair of purple lighted flipper buttons. What company makes the nicest purple that would match the CE? Somebody here posted before red ones on the LE which looked great.

#4054 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I read somewhere like 5 years ago that JJP recommends Wizards mist n shine. I’ve been using it since then and love it.
amazon.com link »

Never heard that but sounds good to me... Just ordered it!

#4084 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It works, just go very light, and only spray a little bit on your cloth. I found while it does shine things up nicely, it makes the playfield a little too slippery and the ball does some weird spins and slides rather than rolling, I prefer the blitz wax. I use the wizard on plastics to shine them up but it does have a greasy effect overall.

Thanks for insight. I really appreciate it

#4242 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I think that is the same CE that was shown a while back. Look at the yellow pole.
[quoted image]

It may be the same yellow pole even though every pole in the factory is painted that color. But if you look around the pole everything else is different. So that might just be the area in which they take their pictures. And he is wearing an "ugly" Guns n' Roses Christmas sweater (which I would love!).....Fingers crossed

#4259 3 years ago
Quoted from Balint:

Joined on Tuesday, but I just had to do this before the first play...
[quoted image]

Have you used these before? Or anybody else on this thread? I know it protects the playfield but multiple people told me that dust gets underneath of it and can sometimes make it worse. I also realized this won't stop the pulling from happening either but is what I was told true? I'm only inquiring because I would really like to put one on my CE.

#4262 3 years ago
Quoted from Balint:

I’m using these for a couple of years now and had no issue with dust. It just gives me a peace of mind. No dimpling, protects the scoops and all of the switch holes as well as the place where the ball falls off the ramp. It does make the gameplay a little different though.

I appreciate the insight. Could you further elaborate on the different gameplay?

#4267 3 years ago
Quoted from Balint:

Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like it’s a softer surface than the clear. I see it like this, I can always remove it, it’s not an irreversible thing

I'm sorry to keep asking questions but it seems like you have the most knowledge that I've spoken to so far about these. Have any of your machines seen anywhere on the protector from continuous use? And how would you like to come out to Philadelphia and put mine on?

1 week later
#4442 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I ordered oct 14th, I was just told 2nd quarter of 2021.

If the CE's start to be built on Monday and there staying with them until all 500 are built, you're looking at least 10 weeks until they get back onto the LE and SE package if they're producing 50 a week.

#4577 3 years ago

So one thing I'm getting is that we should be replacing all the rubbers on the game with something like a Titan. Does anybody have a list of all the rubbers or is somebody offering a kit for this game already that I can purchase from my CE?

#4580 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There is already a ring list on Titan. In my opinion the only Must on arrival are the (2) flipper rubbers. Stock is Old School rubber and will not last and for me throw the game off.

Tyvm... Putting in my other today

#4635 3 years ago

What is this?

Screenshot_20210107-182908_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210107-182908_Chrome (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4889 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I put similar rgb exterior lights on a few games of mine a few years ago that were triggered by different things. While it was neat it wasn't very noticeable in my dark room while playing and I haven't bought any since as it doesn't add much to the player perspective. It was cool lighting up the room as a spectator but its mostly just me playing anymore . Still neat to have on the ce with all the other differences but only thing I really wld ever see is the playfield and topper/ sound bar . I dont think the the ce is in anyway superior especially for 3k more but it's a gorgeous package and I wld get one if the option came up for a fair number. However the le is amazing in it's own right and I'm totally fine with it as im sure many others are also. I'd even be happy with the se and what it offers for the price. Jjp did a great job on all g@r models and bc of that they have their best selling pin and a machine that most people will want in their collection at some point. Great job to everyone involved...

Don't forget the COMA lock

#4909 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Where’s this flap and post you speak of? I only see a solid apron on my le.

It's only on the CE edition

1 week later
#5219 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have 1.12 Lloyd!

You have the updated code and you have your CE... yeah I'm f#@$ing jealous When mine FINALLY shows up, we're going to have to play against each other on Scorbit

#5226 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Added a couple of speakers to my game to match the one on the backboard decal.
[quoted image]

Sold! They look fantastic. Put me down for a set. They look like they should have been there from the beginning

1 week later
#5462 3 years ago
Quoted from Nemotheeskie:

I added a PinWoofer to my LE a few days ago. What a difference it makes! I had debated between adding this or just an external sub and am very happy with choice. It definitely adds to the concert experience. I have to give a shout out to Dan at PinWoofer for customer service. I ran into a couple of issues and he had offered to walk me through it over the phone. I ended up figuring it out on my own but he still called me a couple of days later to see how it was going and to make sure I was up and running. Now back to playing...

I bought one as well. Dan has reached out to me several times to see if I needed any help. I told him I'm still waiting for my CE to arrive. He said for me to call him when it does and he'll walk me through it. Excellent customer service. Can't wait to put this into my machine with the sound bar. A truly concert experience!

#5466 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

The upfiring mid-range speakers and separate tweeters in the head of the machine are actually really good and so Pinwoofer (Dan) didn't recommend needing to replace those.
The cabinet sub was also actually a good quality but I replaced it with likely a slightly sturdier woofer speaker that came with the Pinwoofer amp.
It is likely tuned and tested to work with the amp but I suppose if you wanted to spend a few less $$ you could just get the amp alone.
If you buy it and do an install, be sure to follow all of the wiring instructions provided. I didn't properly affix the ground wire to a plate on the back of the head and Dan had to talk me down from a mild heart attack when the machine wouldn't output any sound.
Was 100% my fault but (as you can see from the other posts here), Dan was very helpful and actually CALLED me after I sent an email to walk me through it.
Is Pinwoofer absolutely necessary for GnR? No. But does it make the experience better by allowing you to tune the game audio to your liking? Yup.
Could you get away with just an external sub? Maybe/Likely. But I wanted something more "fully contained" in the machine...
I liked Pinwoofer enough that I bought a FULL set (including the 5.25" replacement set of speakers) for my JP Premium.
Really noticeable difference on that machine.
Hope that helps but if you're in doubt or have questions, just get in touch with Dan. He knows is stuff and is super helpful.
(Also cool to help a company that really wants to do well by pinball collectors/enthusiasts)

I was told that it makes the callouts more crisp sounding as well

#5470 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I just watched the video. Does it make a big difference?

If you want to wait until my CE comes in, I'll let you know. I was planning on taking videos and pictures of the game out of the box stock. Then add the cosmetic mods and pinwoofer and take more videos and pictures as to show comparison especially with how it sounds and Lermods translite mod looks.

#5607 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

How do I order?

Yes I want these as well. Link to site to purchase these please!!!

#5610 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Will these become available via Ministry of Pinball in the Netherlands? I am thinking this will be a musthave on my incoming GNR LE.

I have CE coming. Would love to purchase theses immediately

#5753 3 years ago

Just for you LE guys. My friend and I are still waiting for a call to pay in full for our CEs from a distributor and JJP. Based off times it takes for people that were requested their full payment it's looking like mid March for us. Which is fine with us considering hopefully all the kinks have been worked out

#5872 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Why would you want to trade your pirates for an average game , not a great shooter , with a useless upper Playfield , just OK code and annoying sounds
[quoted image]

Saw this coming and deservedly so

#5973 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Automated, Pinball Star and Flip N Out all posted today about receiving new SE stock next week

I'm still waiting to hear from JJP about PIF for my CE

#6072 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The CE going out was more what I was curious about .

My buddy and I are still weeks away from getting our CE's

#6075 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Saving the best till last
If SE's are sneaking in between CE's , I can only imagine that there may be some component delays.

Haha.... Im 100% fine with being number 500

#6171 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I’ll drink to that!
Cheers!
[quoted image]

#6214 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Has anyone else done this. I have a set of usb leds and want to light up the border of the back glass and was wondering if there is a place to plug this into or do I have to tap into 5v somewhere?

Yes. Lermods has an awesome lighting kit just for this

1 week later
#6426 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha, it'd be too much to keep track of. I've had people trying to do that for literally weeks. It'll be in the two pinmonk stores (here on pinside and on pinmonk.com) late next week and then I'll ship off of that order list.

Can't wait to order these. Can't wait for my CE to show up as well I'll add it to the mountain of mods I have for the game

2 weeks later
#7023 3 years ago

I don't have a digital meat level so where on the bubble should the pitch be for around 6.8°. I have a party starting in 2 hours and I want to make sure it's just right thank you guys very much

#7274 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They weren't at 50/week from the start. CEs are less than 300, for sure, based on serials from recent deliveries. I doubt they've even matched that with LEs so far, but once LEs are back on the line and people post their boxes with the serial as they get them we'll know for sure.

My CE was delivered last Friday. Serial #320

#7276 3 years ago

I should also state it was shipped with code 1.16 with no issues so far with anything. The flow the game is phenomenal.

#7416 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

For me, having the game a month now and playing the hell out of it.... Damn this game is hard on flipperrubbers, in a week i changed the stock JJP rubbers as the were about to snap. Titans installed on all flipperbats. Today had to change out my bottom flippers again. Chunks of rubber gone at the tips. But thats the same as complaining about how many times you have to fill your car with gas while driving 600 miles a day. Things wear out after constant use. Gonna order some more titans to have some on hand.
Other than that now i start to get the hang of the rules this game is pulling me in more and more. I love it. Even the frustration of losing a 60 million jackpot will have me walk away in disgust but keeps me coming back to take that hurdle some day. I hope it will come soon.
Back to playing now as i hear Melissa shouting for my attention. Cya all later.

Super bands!!! Put mine in the second night and they still look the same today after a week of continuous play

#7419 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Are you happy with the game and build quality? How would you compare Gunners build quality to other JJP machines? I ask because we are in for a LE and build issues with JJP scare me.

My CE was delivered a week ago and has been flawless out of the box. It seems the early buyers unfortunately became the quality controllers for jjp early on.

#7514 3 years ago

<blockquote cite=

Quoted from LTG:

Current high score on the one at my business.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

I SUCK!!!

#7606 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Just looked and mines off to! Got to adjust the shooter lane stopper a bit to so it stops letting the balls come backwards while I'm in there.
[quoted image]

Mine kept on coming off too. So I took a pair of needle noses stretched it out stuck it back in and then gently bent it downwards and it hasn't come out since and works perfectly

#7614 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Mine kept on coming off too. So I took a pair of needle noses stretched it out stuck it back in and then gently bent it downwards and it hasn't come out since and works perfectly

I should have elaborated on where I bent it. After it goes through the ramp on the outside is where I bent it downwards to lock it in

#7615 3 years ago

My ball keeps on getting stuck on the inside spinner to the right side of it when returning to the flippers. It wasn't happening in the beginning at all but now it's starting to do so regularly. I know someplace way back in this thread there was a fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated

#7723 3 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Where can I buy a GNR Standard? I'm in FL. Used or new.

Screenshot_20210329-182829_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210329-182829_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7824 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Well that’s too bad-
Say you just bought this for her on unboxing day.
[quoted image]

Send me the link to that swimsuit. My girlfriend would look great playing the game wearing that. And she would totally due it to get a rise out of me.

#7826 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I can't tell you if that is real or not, but that is one shitty photoshop job.....

It won't be on my girl

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tata.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=tata and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.