image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 473 of 568.
#23601 1 year ago

I bought my magnet replacement direct from JJP. I forget exactly how much but it was in the low $20s.

#23602 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Looks like my AXL magnet died again. I canā€™t seem to find the replacement on pinball life or Marco. Anyone know where to get them? Think JJP will support the replacement 2 years later?

The coil itself is probably not actually dead. If you can solder, you can replace the thermal switch that is probably just stuck open and likely get it working again for not much.

The stock thermal switch that controls power flow to the magnet coil is NC (normally closed, allowing power flow) with a trigger at 85C (185F) to open the switch and cut off the power. This uxcell one is NC with a trigger at 85C, so it should fit the bill. You can get 4 of them for $5.99+ shipping.

https://www.uxcell.com/temperature-switch-thermostat-circuit-protector-250v-85c-ksd9700-p-441666.html

Note that the casing is electrically conducive so DO NOT remove the clear sleeve that's over it if you go this way. After you've soldered the leads in, just use the electrical tape you unwrapped to get to the bad thermal switch to wrap the replacement one back so it's flat against the coil to sense the temp.

Note that the 80C NC version of this is 25 of them (!) for $10.99.

#23603 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Something messed up in bios setting for start up ? Or new screen has settings different from old screen ?
LTG : )

I don't know , both the screens work , I think it must be faulty components on the boards .
Thanks for asking .
With the jjp tech's MIA these days , it's nice to know you're around .
#JJP get LTG BACK !

#23604 1 year ago

To those on beta code, is the rework really massive or is it just some tweaks?

My wife and I are on the same page with our complaints about the game and had decided to sell, then have been told by several people to hold onto it, our complaints will be addressed in the next code update. Our complaints: songs being worth nothing until you've done a laundry list of pre-song setup, most of the gameplay being outside of the songs. We prefer the Iron Maiden and Rush methods where you pick a song, then the songs are the modes.

I'd gotten excited at the prospect of a code revamp because of these rumors, but realized that people have been working in beta for a long time without hearing about any really drastic changes.

#23605 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My wife and I are on the same page with our complaints about the game and had decided to sell, then have been told by several people to hold onto it, our complaints will be addressed in the next code update. Our complaints: songs being worth nothing until you've done a laundry list of pre-song setup, most of the gameplay being outside of the songs. We prefer the Iron Maiden and Rush methods where you pick a song, then the songs are the modes.
I'd gotten excited at the prospect of a code revamp because of these rumors, but realized that people have been working in beta for a long time without hearing about any really drastic changes.

I haven't seen drastic changes, but then again, my highest score is 14 mil, since I suck at pinball.

One thing I dislike about the beta, is they are messing with song lightshows. I don't know why they are messing with lightshows when most people are complaining about scoring. I know the lightshows are minor detail to most, but it is a feature I really enjoy.

I like to see how the show matches with the song/video. Some do a really good job syncing with the song, and some don't. One quick example is Paradise City. Most of the show is Red/White/Blue signaling (to me) old town/small town America. Then when the lyrics go to "Grass is Green" the entire machine will flash green, and "Girls are Pretty" the entire machine will flash pink, before going back to R/W/B. It showed that the designer tried to integrate with the song. With the beta, the flash of green and pink are gone. I don't know why they would go backwards on song integration.

??

#23606 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Anyone interested in buying the new improved playfields for GNR (main playfield and upper mini playfield).
When I picked theses up I had Eric Meunier sign the main playfield.
The mini playfield is still wrapped in plastic from JJP, I havenā€™t opened it.
I bought these from JJP as part of the deal for the original owners that had playfield issues.
I Paid over $600 for both.... this is supposed to be half of the actual price on these items.
I bought them just in case but my playfields are fine and I already have another one hung up on my wall that I bought at expo last year.
Selling for $600 even with shipping included in the U.S.
I still have the box and shipping material it came in.
Pm me if interested and of course I will donate to pinside for the sale.[quoted image][quoted image]

Iā€™ve been quoted $618 + 325 estimated shipping to UK from JJP.
I will then get VAT/Duty added
This will cost me over 1k GBP.
Nightmareā€¦

#23607 1 year ago

My wobbly record spinner was trapping one too many balls for my liking, so I finally got underneath it and tightened it a bit. I still may need to tinker with the overall height of the record (it seems to sit a tiny bit lower when the playfield is down, even after accounting for gravity), but tightening it up has made that thing spin like a champ. Sure makes advancing in November Rain much easier. I'm getting jackpot amounts back to how I used to see them when I first got my machine. Never really realized why my best scores were lower than before, but it all makes sense now. MANY THANKS to the people who contributed to that topic on this thread already; those old posts were extremely helpful to me!

Unfortunately, I ran into shooter lane sensor issues after I put the playfield back down. I was able to launch some balls just into the skill shot area, and the ball would drain into the playfield area without registering at all. Could that possibly be because I either loosened some connections, or pinched some wires in the playfield/cabinet when putting the playfield down? I put the playfield back up/down again and it *seems* a bit better, but still not as good as before. My plunger also wasn't firing at full power the first half-dozen launches or so, but that seems to have worked itself out. Not sure if one is related to the other or not...

#23608 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'd hate to see you leave the club, but I doubt there's going to be an overhaul to gameplay.

Have you seen this post?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/427#post-6895594

Eskaybee lists some tweaks you can make to the settings that might change the way you approach the game.

I only changed 2 settings, which now that I think about it, both were just simple time changes. I changed the album qualifying time from 180 to 30 and increased the powerchord timer to 25.

I've really enjoyed just these 2 changes as it has opened up other parts of the game that I either skipped (album modes) or I would only achieve if I was having a once a month type of game (multiple powerchords during a song, have 3 or more balls left at the end of song, achieving multiple encores)

I also wanted to mention multiple encores as a way to make songs valuable. You don't necessarily need to go through the laundry list of patches and pre-song multiballs to get a decent score out of a song.

I just had a game this weekend where I had no pre-song multiballs maxed, no relevant scoring patches and maybe 4 or 5 balls locked. Had a 67 song value for Better, encore, next song Night Train, 129 song value, encore, next song Mr Brownstone , 174 song value, blew it, quick drain. Got 33 million out of all that, which probably would have been 3 times that for a good player, but I didn't do any pre-song grinding and that was great score for me.

#23609 1 year ago

Can somebody who loves their flipper setup post a picture of their lower flipper positions? I added the new precision halo flippers but Iā€™m getting a lot of bouncing from the outlane off the top of the flipper bats and canā€™t seem to find the sweet spot position-wise.

#23610 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Nightmareā€¦

Yeah shipping is crazy

#23611 1 year ago
Quoted from killborn:

I'd hate to see you leave the club, but I doubt there's going to be an overhaul to gameplay.
Have you seen this post?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/427#post-6895594
Eskaybee lists some tweaks you can make to the settings that might change the way you approach the game.
I only changed 2 settings, which now that I think about it, both were just simple time changes. I changed the album qualifying time from 180 to 30 and increased the powerchord timer to 25.
I've really enjoyed just these 2 changes as it has opened up other parts of the game that I either skipped (album modes) or I would only achieve if I was having a once a month type of game (multiple powerchords during a song, have 3 or more balls left at the end of song, achieving multiple encores)
I also wanted to mention multiple encores as a way to make songs valuable. You don't necessarily need to go through the laundry list of patches and pre-song multiballs to get a decent score out of a song.
I just had a game this weekend where I had no pre-song multiballs maxed, no relevant scoring patches and maybe 4 or 5 balls locked. Had a 67 song value for Better, encore, next song Night Train, 129 song value, encore, next song Mr Brownstone , 174 song value, blew it, quick drain. Got 33 million out of all that, which probably would have been 3 times that for a good player, but I didn't do any pre-song grinding and that was great score for me.

Great post

#23612 1 year ago

Changing the album qualifying time had never occured to me.

I think that a freaking brilliant idea. 3 minutes is a long time for someone like me. I could do 60 seconds and be much happier. Even 90, just cut it in half.

I'll be doing this as soon as I can find it in the menu. Hahahaha

#23613 1 year ago

Also, looks like

Quoted from killborn:

Have you seen this post?

^^ This!!
Those 2 timers are critical to making powerchord and album modes more lucrative. My album scoring is typically higher than my song jackpots (granted I do well in the album).

Remember; doing well in songs isnā€™t just about doing well pre-song; yes it can help, but the faster you can progress through the waves, the higher jackpots become, ultimately increasing the final jackpot.

Pre-song priorities (or options) should be:

1. Ball locks - getting 4+ locks increases song level quite a bit and is relatively the easiest pre-song task.

2. Fender patch!

3. Booster multiballs: this is subjective. Starting any of the 4 booster multiballs is extremely easy (got a problem with that? Fix your settings!! ) - but, you need to do well in the booster mbā€™s in order to drive your song level up, otherwise you played them for no reason. so itā€™s no gimmie. Prioritize. Sometimes itā€™s worth not starting a booster so itā€™s lit for when you cash out of a song and use that booster for collecting band members and locks.

4. Patches: fender/Vader/Duff for band frenzy. Fender/T-shirt/poster for control and ball trapping.

5. Loops: x number of loops rewards band member items. Each item increases song level +5.

Listen; you can be Karl Dā€™Angelo or the super elitist and try to maximize all 5 of those priorities; if you like to grind. Or you can be more realistic and just go for a few. The truth is; you can boost the scoring in songs quickly by progressing through waves, getting powerchord jackpots, or starting band frenzy. And (typically) playing a 2nd or 3rd song off encore will negate all that pre-song setup anyway. EDIT: Also (unconfirmed), if you cash out of a song then get back into a song without draining your song level will be the same or higher (end EDIT). Also, if you adjust settings so not everything is on extra easy, youā€™ll find more features of the game like album modes, powerchords, and cashing out of songs more meaningful.

If youā€™re trying to maximize everything pre-song every game, i imagine youā€™d get burnt out quick. Thatā€™s like trying to get the perfect set of gems, with max level avenger, and max captain marvel x5 on avengers. Itā€™s cool to try it once in awhile; but youā€™ll burnout quick if thatā€™s all you do. Expand your horizons.

2 year owner - GNR rocks!

#23614 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Changing the album qualifying time had never occured to me.
I think that a freaking brilliant idea. 3 minutes is a long time for someone like me. I could do 60 seconds and be much happier. Even 90, just cut it in half.
I'll be doing this as soon as I can find it in the menu. Hahahaha

Keep in mind; reducing the timer doesnā€™t just make qualifying it easier, but it boosts the album level faster once you get to the timer threshold. So a 30 sec timer will start boosting album levels faster when your 30 secs into a song, which in turn, makes album modes more meaningful (scoring wise).

#23615 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Can somebody who loves their flipper setup post a picture of their lower flipper positions? I added the new precision halo flippers but Iā€™m getting a lot of bouncing from the outlane off the top of the flipper bats and canā€™t seem to find the sweet spot position-wise.

I've had the original precision flippers and just recently installed the Halos last week. I haven't had any ball hop with either version.

The left flipper bat is aligned with the lane guide and the right is slightly lower. Titan silicone rubbers.

IMG_20221119_211543__01~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20221119_211543__01~2 (resized).jpg
#23616 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

C08847B2-D8AE-4C52-B5DA-512671C99091 (resized).jpegC08847B2-D8AE-4C52-B5DA-512671C99091 (resized).jpeg
#23617 1 year ago
Quoted from killborn:

Have you seen this post?

I'll try these tweaks and clear the scores. Since my game has been down for two months with a busted transistor, hopefully this will feel like a reboot. (Crazy how quick and easy my tech replaced this transistor.)

#23618 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Nightmareā€¦

Iā€™ve made the purchase, sent it to Kruzman for clear coating and then Iā€™ll still have shipping to Israel and tax. Will come closer to 2000$ in total but hey itā€™s a CE one. Oh the joy

#23619 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Iā€™ve made the purchase, sent it to Kruzman for clear coating and then Iā€™ll still have shipping to Israel and tax. Will come closer to 2000$ in total but hey itā€™s a CE one. Oh the joy

#23620 1 year ago

Fcuk me!

#23621 1 year ago

At least itā€™s still less than a TS4 CE

#23623 1 year ago

Super-early reminder!

Though I assume you mean November 30.

#23624 1 year ago

Check out this custom shooter rod the girlfriend of the year made for my gnr....

Resin cast with pigment..

Resized_Resized_20221012_222142 (resized).jpegResized_Resized_20221012_222142 (resized).jpegResized_Resized_20221012_222147 (resized).jpegResized_Resized_20221012_222147 (resized).jpeg
#23625 1 year ago

Had a good game today

MAX song score, nailed a huge Applause Jackpot, GC

Only used one Extra ball during game

20221201_105651 (resized).jpg20221201_105651 (resized).jpg20221201_105707 (resized).jpg20221201_105707 (resized).jpg20221201_110143 (resized).jpg20221201_110143 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23626 1 year ago

My apology in advanced if this question has been asked before, but has anybody figure out how to adjust the spinning disk for Slash? Mine has become wobbly and the ball gets trapped there too often. I raised the playfield and even removed the disk out where I can adjust the hight, but it is the wobbly effect that I'm trying to eliminate.

#23627 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

My apology in advanced if this question has been asked before, but has anybody figure out how to adjust the spinning disk for Slash? Mine has become wobbly and the ball gets trapped there too often. I raised the playfield and even removed the disk out where I can adjust the hight, but it is the wobbly effect that I'm trying to eliminate.

Underneath the label in the center of the record there's a screw you need to tighten. If you ruin the sticker getting to it, JJP sells spares. Some people have cut an "X" with an xacto knife to access the screw, but that permanently affects the sticker.

#23628 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Had a good game today
MAX song score, nailed a huge Applause Jackpot, GC
Only used one Extra ball during game
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Your score alone was just shy of your previous GC... I've never maxed the song value, that's way cool.

I've had one game that was insane.. Just one.
66 million is on my song scoreboard on out ta get me.. no idea how I did it but I remember the feeling... The stars aligned. That's where I got my GC of 71 million.... and I've never come close to it again.

Congrats on your game. Wish I'd been there!

#23629 1 year ago

Instead of a Powerchord award when you have balls locked and drain the last ball in play. It should be called ā€œPowerDrainā€ Award. Getting Melissa to do a powerdrain award call out would be sweet bliss too!

Also; anyone else think the album modes and wizard modes need more polish? Sound effects, call outs, intensified music as you progress, moments, etcā€¦?

#23630 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Also; anyone else think the album modes and wizard modes need more polish? Sound effects, call outs, intensified music as you progress, moments, etcā€¦?

Yes, yes, and yes.

#23631 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Underneath the label in the center of the record there's a screw you need to tighten. If you ruin the sticker getting to it, JJP sells spares. Some people have cut an "X" with an xacto knife to access the screw, but that permanently affects the sticker.

Got it thank you so much. It is worth a try. I'll let you know by tomorrow how it worked out.

Again thanks.

#23632 1 year ago

Got it thank you so much. It is worth a try. I'll let you know by tomorrow how it worked out.
Again thanks.

Which sticker do you have?

#23633 1 year ago

Has JJP come out and said the intent of the beta code? Would like to own one again if they are serious about making the modes worth playing with balanced scoring opposed to just going after song jackpots.

#23634 1 year ago

Again thanks.

I just had to fix my wobbly record spinner this week. I wanted to see if I could adjust it without cutting a slit in my decal. I was able to push down on the center of the decal with my thumb, and use a nut driver on the underside, and eventually got it to tighten. Of course, now I have the round shape of the screw top starting to show through the decal, so maybe not worth the extra effort after all.

I also played with the leveling of the record. Definitely seemed like "level" while the playfield was up equated to slightly too low once the playfield went back down. I got quite a few airballs skipping up the backside of the record spinner, so I readjusted it to make it a tiny bit higher.

#23635 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Which sticker do you have?

Chinese Democracy

#23636 1 year ago

Just tightened the top screw under the record label and everything is now working percfectly. Thanks for your guidance.

Quoted from PinMonk:

#23637 1 year ago

I've been concentrating on Power cord .
I Got It Up to x 8 but didnt lock any balls
The next game I Got It Up to x 3 and had 5 balls locked but then got gready trying to get it x more
Lots of stuff in this game to keep you coming back for more .

#23638 1 year ago

Played Toy Story ( fun game ) the other day and it gives you three chances to take your photo , it would be a nice upgrade to GNR as I have so many dodgy pictures I would want to redo

#23639 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Nice! Your score alone was just shy of your previous GC... I've never maxed the song value, that's way cool.
I've had one game that was insane.. Just one.
66 million is on my song scoreboard on out ta get me.. no idea how I did it but I remember the feeling... The stars aligned. That's where I got my GC of 71 million.... and I've never come close to it again.
Congrats on your game. Wish I'd been there!

Thanks man, I still say this game has one of the biggest buildups/payofs in pinball. So unique to the collection. This game regardless, of what people say about the multiball , I think, prepares your mental game for bringing order to the chaos rather than flailing away. That buildup to the applause shot is crazy though. Soon as you see the ball saver fade and have to start playing very carefully, the ante keeps rising and rising until you almost drain out of panic. I have learned to try a slow it down a bit though. The initial "no trapping allowed" during songmode that was initially hailed in streams as the only way to play songs is a bit overblown. That's why there is a meter. Trapping up and using the meter as a timer is a better usage. Versus keeping the skull headbanging the entire time.....Can really make a difference in tournamnet playing as well when score versus progression is a factor

#23640 1 year ago

I'm off to see this theme live in person today , hopefully it's as good as the game is .

#23641 1 year ago

Does anyone know where I can find a map of switch locations for an LE?
I have a switch error all of a sudden on startup and I canā€™t locate where the switch is and I canā€™t seem to find a map in the manualā€¦ am I missing it?
Thanks guys!

#23642 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:Does anyone know where I can find a map of switch locations for an LE?
I have a switch error all of a sudden on startup and I canā€™t locate where the switch is and I canā€™t seem to find a map in the manualā€¦ am I missing it?
Thanks guys!

Doesnā€™t it show you on the screen where the switch is, during the switch test?

#23643 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Played Toy Story ( fun game ) the other day and it gives you three chances to take your photo , it would be a nice upgrade to GNR as I have so many dodgy pictures I would want to redo

It's not really 3 chances at the picture - that's just for the GC and it uses all 3 pictures it takes on a photobooth picture strip, which fits with the theme of the game.

#23644 1 year ago

So a couple options for you... if you need one...

order the entire set from JJP and put your choice on, $39 plus shipping
https://pinballwizard.com/products/guns-n-roses-platinum-record-decal-set

or I ordered the set from JJP a while back in case I would ever need it, and if thats the one you want, I've got that one if you want it pm me your address and I can mail it to you for $10 bucks.

#23645 1 year ago

Three sets left - ready to ship - great stocking stuffers.
Never before offered as a complete set!
Contains one Spotlight Assembly upgrade kit PLUS Four EMAX 3054 servos !
SPOTKIT (resized).pngSPOTKIT (resized).png

#23646 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

So a couple options for you... if you need one...
order the entire set from JJP and put your choice on, $39 plus shipping
https://pinballwizard.com/products/guns-n-roses-platinum-record-decal-set
or I ordered the set from JJP a while back in case I would ever need it, and if thats the one you want, I've got that one if you want it pm me your address and I can mail it to you for $10 bucks.

Thanks

#23647 1 year ago

Mr brownstone lights show on jukebox mode with beta is crazy good!!!

#23648 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm off to see this theme live in person today , hopefully it's as good as the game is .

I can say from personal experience... It is!!! No more microphone souvenirs tho..

#23649 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I can say from personal experience... It is!!! No more microphone souvenirs tho..

Yeah, that totally sucks. Talk about one ruining it for everyone.

#23650 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that totally sucks. Talk about one ruining it for everyone.

Don't think she meant to headbutt that mic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 473 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/473 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.