Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 560.
#7201 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

I just got a call requesting final payment for my LE. I was told except delivery early April, for those wanting to know when LE’s are back on the line

March 3rd, I was called to pay in full by March 12th. Distro said hopefully mid April, possibly may. I was a day 1 order 2 hours after launch.

Quoted from JDub03:

Those waiting on LEs, I also got the email today from my disti. Said delivery early April, I ordered opening week of the machine announced.

Curious what distro you used and how you could get it so early compared to day 1 orders still waiting? Good for you guys. I can’t wait for April!

#7202 3 years ago

What kind of washers came with your sling posts? Mine aren’t flat and have some rings on the underside. Do the rings serve a purpose? Can’t tell if these are generic washers or special ones designed by JJP? I see that even the CE comes with washers on the posts. Thinking of switching them for a cliff carbon washer or something

#7203 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

We’re you a day 1 LE or later?

I ordered on day 2

#7204 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

so far i only had 1 reboot. funny enough the first game since i patched to 1.18. Have been playing alot since then and nothing funny happening besides that huge ass grin on my face.

Mine wasn't first game, maybe 10th game or so. I had already had games where I had cashed out, had applause jackpot and also had drained out, so no common thread on the reboot

#7205 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hahahahaha .... so I made a good choice Titans for a Titan

Lol , touche

#7206 3 years ago

This game is so popular you have to pre-order hoodies .
My wife ordered me a t-shirt over 4 months ago and we're still waiting . She receives code updates and notifications from jjp . I ordered a pinball machine almost 5 months ago and I receive nothing

Screenshot_2021-03-17-21-26-03-67 (resized).pngScreenshot_2021-03-17-21-26-03-67 (resized).png
#7207 3 years ago

Of the 5,000 LE’s being made, does anyone know what number they are on?

#7208 3 years ago

My guess is less than 500 and they aren’t making 5k unless they sell 5k

#7209 3 years ago

can anyone tell me if they cant get 1.18 on the JJP site? When i push the down load button it just shows what the changes are, am I missing something? Lloyds FB one is not there this morning either for upgrading from 1.17 to 1.18

#7210 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My guess is less than 500 and they aren’t making 5k unless they sell 5k

Real question is are they making 5001 if sell 5001.

#7211 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I heard they have sold around 3k of the 5k. That was about a month ago. Not sure where they are now or if that was true.

#7212 3 years ago

We know about how many they can make a month. When you can get a GNR LE without a wait we can do the math. Until then, we really have no idea.

Quoted from Happy81724:

I heard they have sold around 3k or the 5k. That was about a month ago. Not sure where they are now or if that was true.

#7213 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me if your high scores are saved when you do a settings back up? It downloaded successfully onto the stick but took like one or two seconds to do? I am doing a full 1.18 install so would like to know before doing cheers

#7214 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Can anyone tell me if your high scores are saved when you do a settings back up? It downloaded successfully onto the stick but took like one or two seconds to do? I am doing a full 1.18 install so would like to know before doing cheers

Yes they are saved with the backup.

When doing the full install, it might prompt you if you want to do a factory reset by pressing both flipper buttons. If it asks that, let that part of the install time out and your high scores usually are saved. Always backup settings before an update. It's a good ... backup.

#7215 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes they are saved with the backup.
When doing the full install, it might prompt you if you want to do a factory reset by pressing both flipper buttons. If it asks that, let that part of the install time out and your high scores usually are saved. Always backup settings before an update. It's a good ... backup.

Thanks in the instructions by JJP, it says to save your settings and your high scores so one would think they were two different things cheers

#7216 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

They're averaging just under 50 a week, and the CEs are still under 300 shipped, so probably safe to say the sum total made of SE, LE, CEs so far is less than 500.

#7217 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're averaging just under 50 a week, and the CEs are still under 300 shipped, so probably safe to say the sum total made of SE, LE, CEs so far is less than 500.

Thanks. I was trying to gauge how long these would be in production for. Sounds like at least a couple years

#7218 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:Can anyone tell me if your high scores are saved when you do a settings back up? It downloaded successfully onto the stick but took like one or two seconds to do? I am doing a full 1.18 install so would like to know before doing cheers

I did a delta upgrade and didn't backup anything.
All settings and high scores lost!!
Make sure you back them up.

#7219 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like that number should be closer to 900.

#7220 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Seems like that number should be closer to 900.

They weren't at 50/week from the start. CEs are less than 300, for sure, based on serials from recent deliveries. I doubt they've even matched that with LEs so far, but once LEs are back on the line and people post their boxes with the serial as they get them we'll know for sure.

#7221 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They weren't at 50/week from the start. CEs are less than 300, for sure, based on serials from recent deliveries. I doubt they've even matched that with LEs so far, but once they're back on the line and people post their boxes with the serial as they get them we'll know for sure.

How can you tell from the serial number? Is it the last 3 digits?

#7222 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

How can you tell from the serial number? Is it the last 3 digits?

Yes. The collector's plate numbers are decorative only, they don't mean anything, production-wise. The serial number is the key item for production numbers.

#7223 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

I did a delta upgrade and didn't backup anything.
All settings and high scores lost!!
Make sure you back them up.

Did full install from 1.16 to 1,18 and backed up the settings which includes your high scores. All good and so far see no bugs however i have only played about 6 games before getting tied back up with work ! Follow JJPs instructions to the T and things went smooth!

#7224 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. The collector's plate numbers are decorative only, they don't mean anything, production-wise. The serial number is the key item for production numbers.

Which numbers of the serial are the ones we can tell by? I have a SE and last 3 digits are 284 and was made end of February.

#7225 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Which numbers of the serial are the ones we can tell by? I have a SE and last 3 digits are 284 and was made end of February.

So with the last CE posted of 280 5 days ago, that plus yours is 564, and that's without LEs. So maybe they are at around 900 total.

#7226 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Did full install from 1.16 to 1,18 and backed up the settings which includes your high scores. All good and so far see no bugs however i have only played about 6 games before getting tied back up with work ! Follow JJPs instructions to the T and things went smooth!

Instructions on JJP website?

#7227 3 years ago

So to illustrate the point that nobody outside the factory knows, your 'safe to say' has pretty much doubled in an hour.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from PinMonk:

So with the last CE posted of 280 5 days ago, that plus yours is 564, and that's without LEs. So maybe they are at around 900 total.

#7228 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Which method did you use to create the USB fob? I've tried both dd (my usual go-to) and UNetbootin twice and the fob won't boot (no OS found). dd usually works for me on the first go.

#7229 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

So to illustrate the point that nobody outside the factory knows, your 'safe to say' has pretty much doubled in an hour.

Well, the ~50/week was roughly right and the rampup wasn't that long, apparently. I just didn't believe the math that said that would mean ~900.

I didn't realize they were shipping that many SEs. I was just watching the CEs mostly. But now that I know, I'll pay more attention to the LE and SE box posts. We can know pretty closely by adding all three as long as people post their boxes on arrival so the serials can be tracked.

#7230 3 years ago

Just got my invoice for my LE. Yay. Should have within 2 weeks. Lets hope she comes in one piece.

#7231 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just got my invoice for my LE. Yay. Should have within 2 weeks. Lets hope she comes in one piece.

Congrats, you'll love it!

Speculators said that they would produce all the CE's together. Said speculators say there are ~300 odd CE's made and they know JJP only produces 50 machines a week (somehow). If you follow that then 2 weeks would mean they only make ~400 CE's. Also means that they have found an instant shipping method or that if it takes a week to get delivered then only ~350 CE's made.

SpeculationNotMuchUsePunkin

#7232 3 years ago

1.14 > 1.18 WiFi update work yes or no?
Or should I not risk it and just go usb?
Or, should I just wait for 1.19?

These code updates coupled with a non working magnet have kind of taken the sails out of playing the game. Hoping to turn that around this weekend. First update code; second replace magnet coil.

#7233 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, the ~50/week was roughly right and the rampup wasn't that long, apparently. I just didn't believe the math that said that would mean ~900.
I didn't realize they were shipping that many SEs. I was just watching the CEs mostly. But now that I know, I'll pay more attention to the LE and SE box posts. We can know pretty closely by adding all three as long as people post their boxes on arrival so the serials can be tracked.

Keep up the great work counting what has gone out the door. I am with you, I think JJP are making around 50 games per week.

#7234 3 years ago

Sorry for the repeated bugs, guys. It is unfortunate but there's not enough internal resources to test everything every time, but it's not like we don't ANY testing. Anyway, we are testing 1.19 now which does in fact solve the crash and as a bonus also solves what I believe is the actual problem with infinite encore (I did a previous fix for this which turned out to be a red herring for the most common problem).

The crash bug was related to some additional not-directly-related-to-the-rest-of-the-fixes code to address display bog. The crash is resolved, and the display still looks a lot better than it did.

In all cases, we tried to turn around code to solve the previous problems, and sometimes, especially recently, it caused other, potentially worse, problems.

Not saying 1.19 is bug-free, but it should be a much better experience than everything else lately. If you are so inclined, here is an iso link: https://we.tl/t-O5LJgPQOD6 Otherwise you can wait for wifi or usb delta tomorrow.

Soon we'll be announcing some ways we'll mitigate these issues in the future.

#7235 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

How did you work that out?

Victor has been counting the games through serial number for months. I know who I am going to believe and it is not you!

#7236 3 years ago

Forgot to add, just as a reminder...

If you are CURRENTLY on 1.15, 1.16, or 1.17, you MUST do a USB update. Internet will not work. A delta usb update should be fine, though.

Remember, it's what you are CURRENTLY running, not what you are going TO.

#7237 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Forgot to add, just as a reminder...
If you are CURRENTLY on 1.15, 1.16, or 1.17, you MUST do a USB update. Internet will not work. A delta usb update should be fine, though.
Remember, it's what you are CURRENTLY running, not what you are going TO.

thank Keefer!

#7238 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

My LE ends on 133 and was shipped just before the CE's went on the line. It recieved it in Europe on february 19th.

#7239 3 years ago

I’m anxiously waiting for an LE...ordered mid January...if JJP is that low on shipment, I’m looking at another year of waiting...oofff. I guess that frees up funds for other pins in the meantime.

#7240 3 years ago

Sorry for the repeated bugs, guys. It is unfortunate but there's not enough internal resources to test everything every time, but it's not like we don't ANY testing. Anyway, we are testing 1.19 now which does in fact solve the crash and as a bonus also solves what I believe is the actual problem with infinite encore (I did a previous fix for this which turned out to be a red herring for the most common problem).
The crash bug was related to some additional not-directly-related-to-the-rest-of-the-fixes code to address display bog. The crash is resolved, and the display still looks a lot better than it did.
In all cases, we tried to turn around code to solve the previous problems, and sometimes, especially recently, it caused other, potentially worse, problems.
Not saying 1.19 is bug-free, but it should be a much better experience than everything else lately. If you are so inclined, here is an iso link: https://we.tl/t-O5LJgPQOD6 Otherwise you can wait for wifi or usb delta tomorrow.

Thanks anyways Keith, you guys jumping on it and even release patches in the weekend shows dedication. It sucks that bugs creep up but if programming was easy everyone would be doing it. It wil get there eventually. Just like Desert Demolition

#7241 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Thanks anyways Keith, you guys jumping on it and even release patches in the weekend shows dedication. It sucks that bugs creep up but if programming was easy everyone would be doing it. It wil get there eventually. Just like Desert Demolition

Can we please change the desert demolition music? Game hardly feels like we should be at a rodeo. Cant wait to see what Keefer comes up with because the others are a blast to play! If anyone having problems with getting to 1.18 I would wait till 1.19 is ready. Keefer if you are at 1.18, I would assume you can now use the wifi to delta up to 1.19?

#7242 3 years ago

Guess that answers my question. Waiting for 1.19. Thanks keefer!

#7243 3 years ago

Awesome update! Thanks for the transparency!

#7244 3 years ago

I ain’t updating!!!!!

#7245 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

How did you work that out?
Victor has been counting the games through serial number for months. I know who I am going to believe and it is not you!

I worked out what PinMonk said by reading his posts. You should try it. I quoted both posts in the post you quoted of mine, so you should manage.

As far as believing me, there's no need as i haven't said anything about the numbers as i'm not an exec at JJP so wouldn't a fucking clue. I have only quoted different claims here from other people and extrapolated them.

Stick up for your mate's claims by all means, but don't attribute any claims to me as i haven't made any.

And by the way, i think PinMonk seems like a great bloke and i have a great deal of respect for most of what he types.

#7246 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I ain’t updating!!!!!

I like all the hard work going into making this already amazing game even better! Fine tuning at its finest! Thanks JJP!

#7247 3 years ago

1.19 is an ISO, I formatted with Rufus and it's a bootable ISO now. Do I remove the serialized USB key and use the new one there? Tried in the usb connector behind the coinbox but it doesn't recognize it.

I'll be a guinea pig

#7248 3 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

1.19 is an ISO, I formatted with Rufus and it's a bootable ISO now. Do I remove the serialized USB key and use the new one there? Tried in the usb connector behind the coinbox but it doesn't recognize it.
I'll be a guinea pig

Did you turn the game off and let it boot with the usb drive installed.

#7249 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Did you turn the game off and let it boot with the usb drive installed.

Yes plugged into the coinbox USB. Trying a different USB stick now.

#7250 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Keefer if you are at 1.18, I would assume you can now use the wifi to delta up to 1.19?

Yessir, when it goes live.

Dd will get done if I can ever stop working on bugs, which is hopefully now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.