Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 560.
#11951 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

damn, didn't have one for a mini post. i want to put one on the naked left inlane post, but would like to match what's already installed from the factory. manual has this pn: 25-006005-06-13. only thing that pops up on google is a replacement set for Pirates on pu-parts.com. frustrating...

You definitely do NOT want to put a rubber on that post. Unless you absolutely love left hand side drains. I tried it, and removed the rubber after about 5 games. It's left off for a reason.

Quoted from swampy:

I replaced the factory sling rubber with 2 1/4 inch titan rubbers. I bought a heap when our first batch of games arrived. They're slightly bigger but don't appear to change the characteristics of the slings. So far so good. The factory ones break easily.

Agreed, the factory sling rubbers don't last and are a size too small. Get titan 2 1/4" and you'll be good to go.

#11952 2 years ago

On the Rad Cals, would Mylar flipper button wear guards be helpful? Not sure if Rad Cals wear or not. And also, would removing the Mylar if it needs to come off later hurt them? Wax Rad Cals before Mylar? Or is there a better method? Thanks.

#11953 2 years ago

Tilt Toppers in the US is working on a GnR topper. Have their AC/DC topper and it is great.

#11954 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

You definitely do NOT want to put a rubber on that post. Unless you absolutely love left hand side drains. I tried it, and removed the rubber after about 5 games. It's left off for a reason.

i think that post wouldn't cause as much damage to the playfield if it had a rubber on it though.

#11955 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i think that post wouldn't cause as much damage to the playfield if it had a rubber on it though.

That was my thinking and I added the rubber in.

#11956 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Just installed the pinwoofer kit with 8 inch sub and tweeters. Wow, what a difference. Everything sounds better and more clear, including the call outs. I also hear sounds like the points incrementing that I really never noticed before. And the bass rocks the machine and is great. I did have to wedge foam on my backglass as it was rattling. Like someone stated earlier, spending $10k plus on an LE and not spending around $350 for the pinwoofer is a mistake. Must have IMO.

Great outcome psexton ! GNR has officially become the top selling title at PinWoofer:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

Have fun!

#11957 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Went by the craft store and picked up clear double stick tape and a sheet of clear plastic. Cut it out as shown and although I only played about 10 games I am thinking this is the permanent fix. No hung balls so far. Thanks cybervenom!

No problem. Happy to help with this annoying problem.

#11958 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Great outcome psexton ! GNR has officially become the top selling title at PinWoofer:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/
Have fun!

Awesome. I think that calls for a proper, dedication to gnr on that page with pics now that Wonka is dethroned.

#11959 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Awesome. I think that calls for a proper, dedication to gnr on that page with pics now that Wonka is dethroned.

That sounds like fun - we reached out to Slash and offered him a complimentary PinWoofer system but received no response (and that's OK). It would have been epic since he was so insturmental during development of the title!

#11960 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

That sounds like fun - we reached out to Slash and offered him a complimentary PinWoofer system but received no response (and that's OK). It would have been epic since he was so insturmental during development of the title!

The team edition may not need one.

#11961 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

As promised, let me know what you think! I forgot to include the power supply in the video, but it is in the video's description.

So who has already done the DYI under cabinet lighting? What do you think of the result?

#11962 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

So who has already done the DYI under cabinet lighting? What do you think of the result?

I tried it and not sure what I did wrong but my hotrails and new Leds were not working at all. It freaked me out so I disconnected everything and all is back to normal. Phew. I could not for the life of me figure out what I did wrong as I am pretty good when it comes to low voltage Leds/wiring.

So now I am running the addressable Leds off a music controller and it works great.

#11963 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

So now I am running the addressable Leds off a music controller and it works great.

Mattyk So I assume the under cabinet lighting is not in sync color and pluse wise with your hot rails? If so, how do you think that compares to if it would have been in sync?

#11964 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Mattyk So I assume the under cabinet lighting is not in sync color and pluse wise with your hot rails? If so, how do you think that compares to if it would have been in sync?

That’s right it is not in sync. But honestly I am very pleased with how it came out. I doubt I would be any more satisfied if it was tied to the hotrails. If I can add a video I will

#11965 2 years ago

hi guys. I have a major center scoop draining issue. I have adjusted the power several times (increase and decrease) with no success on reducing the drain rate out of the center scoop SDTM.

any ideas from fellow owners?

do you think I should "tweak/Bend" the scoop itself, or try "duct taping" the topp of the scoop to change its trajectory/momentum out of the scoop?

thanks, and ENJOY your GNRs. Its the best game in my gameroom, and possibly the best game I've ever played!

#11966 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

That’s right it is not in sync. But honestly I am very pleased with how it came out. I doubt I would be any more satisfied if it was tied to the hotrails. If I can add a video I will

Mattyk a video would be great! In the meantime do you have a link to your music controller and did you hard wire the sound input from the game through a 3.5 mm plug or similar or instead does the controller pickup ambient sound from it's microphone input? Thanks!

#11967 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

hi guys. I have a major center scoop draining issue. I have adjusted the power several times (increase and decrease) with no success on reducing the drain rate out of the center scoop.
any ideas from fellow owners?
do you think I should "tweak/Bend" the scoop itself, or try "duct taping" the topp of the scoop to change its trajectory/momentum out of the scoop?
thanks, and ENJOY your GNRs. Its the best game in my gameroom, and possibly the best game I've ever played!

Try adding a couple of washers underneath the two bolts on the left side (under the playfield) that hold the scoop to the playfield. I did that and now it throws the ball to middle of the left flipper everytime. Much better.

#11968 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Mattyk a video would be great! In the meantime do you have a link to your music controller and did you hard wire the sound input from the game through a 3.5 mm plug or similar or instead does the controller pickup ambient sound from it's microphone input? Thanks!

Hopefully this video works. Here is a link to the controller. It pics up should through its internal mic. I have it plugged in using the same surge protector the OP used so it turns on and off with the pin

ALITOVE WS2812B WS2811 WS2815 LED Controller Music Sync Bluetooth App Control by iOS Android for WS2812 WS2813 SK6812 WS2801 Dream Color Addressable LED Strip Matrix Panel Pixel Light, Mic/AUX Input https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H15ZC8D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_6EJ902KAYXDS0WEZ1G92

#11969 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Try adding a couple of washers underneath the two bolts on the left side (under the playfield) that hold the scoop to the playfield. I did that and now it throws the ball to middle of the left flipper everytime. Much better.

Thanks! I'll try that out asap!

#11970 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Hopefully this video works. Here is a link to the controller. It pics up should through its internal mic. I have it plugged in using the same surge protector the OP used so it turns on and off with the pin
ALITOVE WS2812B WS2811 WS2815 LED Controller Music Sync Bluetooth App Control by iOS Android for WS2812 WS2813 SK6812 WS2801 Dream Color Addressable LED Strip Matrix Panel Pixel Light, Mic/AUX Input amazon.com link »

Video looks great. I think I may actually prefer it out of sync, especially on the colors. It may make it more interesting. Also I like the fact that I don't have to cut into the wires of the game. Ordering now. Thanks!

#11971 2 years ago

Success! An LCD on the apron is incredible! I see so much more information now without having to look way up at the back corner - how many shots remaining for band members, shots remaining for song mb objectives, number of switch hits left during ignite the flames, etc, etc.

I have a few details to work out still - the oem PF LCD does NOT work with an HDMI splitter (at least not the splitters I’ve tried), so I haven’t been able to run them both at the same time. The aftermarket LCD works fine with the splitter though - I have another LCD coming that I plan to swap out with the oem LCD in order to run both.

The current LCDs I’m working with are TN panels - it would be nice to find cheap IPS panels that would offer better viewing angles. The TN panel is fine on the apron, but not sure how it will be on the PF.

A couple of pics:

013ABDA9-0575-46BF-80E5-1A637238231B (resized).jpeg013ABDA9-0575-46BF-80E5-1A637238231B (resized).jpeg

B28C62C8-01A7-4E8E-A073-5C93AB966F05 (resized).jpegB28C62C8-01A7-4E8E-A073-5C93AB966F05 (resized).jpeg

#11972 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The current LCDs I’m working with are TN panels - it would be nice to find cheap IPS panels that would offer better viewing angles. The TN panel is fine on the apron, but not sure how it will be on the PF.

What size is the panel? A quick look on Alibaba and I see $15-$30 7" IPS panels. There's not a lot of action on screen so you could also consider (P)VA panels.

#11973 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What size is the panel? A quick look on Alibaba and I see $15-$30 7" IPS panels. There's not a lot of action on screen so you could also consider (P)VA panels.

I’ve never used Alibaba - I need to check that out - I’ve just been using eBay.

7” panel, 800x480, HDMI, preferably with a long ribbon - I had to use an extension on mine as the ribbon was only about 3”.

#11974 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

You don't really notice it too much from the player's perspective, unless you get a chance to look up while you're playing to see the light on the wall behind the machine. It's more noticeable if you play in low lighting for sure. If you are playing with others, you will definitely notice it way more when it's not your turn since the machine will not be blocking a lot of the light you cannot see under it from the player's perspective. It does look pretty sick in attractive mode either way.

Is the juice worth the squeeze? I like to build stuff, and $130 is not too bad for the total cost of parts. I would say it's worth it if you like to build things yourself.

#11975 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Success! An LCD on the apron is incredible! I see so much more information now without having to look way up at the back corner - how many shots remaining for band members, shots remaining for song mb objectives, number of switch hits left during ignite the flames, etc, etc.
I have a few details to work out still - the oem PF LCD does NOT work with an HDMI splitter (at least not the splitters I’ve tried), so I haven’t been able to run them both at the same time. The aftermarket LCD works fine with the splitter though - I have another LCD coming that I plan to swap out with the oem LCD in order to run both.
A couple of pics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow!!! That's amazing!!! Well done!!!

#11976 2 years ago

Have a 4 week old NIB CE - anyone else having issues with what looks like a wrinkle in protective film on the CD? I tried to peal it off but doesn't look like there is anything to remove...any thoughts?

IMG_8846 (resized).jpegIMG_8846 (resized).jpeg
#11977 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I’ve never used Alibaba - I need to check that out - I’ve just been using eBay.
7” panel, 800x480, HDMI, preferably with a long ribbon - I had to use an extension on mine as the ribbon was only about 3”.

Ohhh, yeah. For this kind of thing Alibaba is what you want. It can take a while to zero in on the supplier and panel you want, but there is much more selection and options (IPS/PVA leds, oleds, etc). Only downer is shipping time and cost is a drag. DO NOT let them ship anything using "Alibaba Shipping." It's like overseas smartpost - super crappy last to leave service to save them money on shipping and costs about the same as DHL/FEDEX/UPS. If you can wait 3 weeks, regular mail is super cheap, it just takes a long time.

#11978 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Have a 4 week old NIB CE - anyone else having issues with what looks like a wrinkle in protective film on the CD? I tried to peal it off but doesn't look like there is anything to remove...any thoughts?
[quoted image]

Yes mine is like that as well?

#11979 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Yes mine is like that as well?

Interesting. I emailed Jjp to see if it’s something they will replace under warranty.

#11980 2 years ago

Does anyone out there know if v 1.21 has issues with connecting to WiFi? Thought those issues were resolved in earlier versions. Trying to get to 1.22 but cannot as WiFi will not connect. Maybe I have to do it with the thumb drive?? WiFi issues not yet resolved??

#11981 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Does anyone out there know if v 1.21 has issues with connecting to WiFi? Thought those issues were resolved in earlier versions. Trying to get to 1.22 but cannot as WiFi will not connect. Maybe I have to do it with the thumb drive?? WiFi issues not yet resolved??

1.21 up to 1.22 should work on wifi but if it isn't, then do the delta update via USB.

#11982 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:Success! An LCD on the apron is incredible! I see so much more information now without having to look way up at the back corner - how many shots remaining for band members, shots remaining for song mb objectives, number of switch hits left during ignite the flames, etc, etc.
A couple of pics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That looks sick , great job .

#11983 2 years ago

I searched this thread ab an hidden egg of the GnR, but didn´t find anything, or I missed it.

See a tour video:
During Attract mode hit the the buttons as followed in a row:
2 x right
7 x left
1 x right
14 x left
1 x right
18 x left
2 x right

have fun
Hidden egg3 (resized).jpgHidden egg3 (resized).jpg
Hidden egg2 (resized).jpgHidden egg2 (resized).jpg

#11984 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I searched this thread ab an hidden egg of the GnR, but didn´t find anything, or I missed it.
See a tour video:
2 x right
7 x left
1 x right
14 x left
1 x right
18 x left
2 x right
have fun
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Key post mods .
If you were going to find out about something like that , I thought this would be the place where you would see it first , I suppose not .

#11986 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

[quoted image]

It’s a $.50 sticker

Just email JJP and they will send you a new one (album of your choice). Once your current sticker gets too beat up to look at, swap it out

#11988 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The resolution needs to match 800x480. If the resolution of the monitor is higher, the image won’t fill the entire screen (if it even works at all).

Yeah cheers. There are multiple options there including appropriate resolution

#11989 2 years ago

fyi, support told me they get their rubbers from Pinball Life, so they have to be PerfectPlays.

#11990 2 years ago

anybody try/recommend a shaker?

#11991 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It’s a $.50 sticker
Just email JJP and they will send you a new one (album of your choice). Once your current sticker gets too beat up to look at, swap it out

Thanks! I did - just waiting for them to respond. Good to know.

#11992 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Thanks! I did - just waiting for them to respond. Good to know.

I was under the impression your original email was in reference to clear film over the silver record , and not the center album art sticker. Did I misunderstand?

#11993 2 years ago

Hey there, I have a question re: attract mode sounds; I have mine set to "on" and I figured out how to get the jukebox working, but the attract mode sounds don't seem to come on?

I waited like 10 minutes, hit the flipper button, and nothing. Are these not coded in yet?

Does the camera noticing you and doing something (some callout or whatever) work in attract mode?

#11994 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

See a tour video:
2 x right
7 x left
1 x right
14 x left
1 x right
18 x left
2 x right
have fun
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That is a lotta presses! I will have to check that out soon though.

#11995 2 years ago

My May LE build does not have the washers or longer posts.

When I created a ticket with JJP to get them, this was their response:

Do to supply issues we are unable to send out washers or longer posts.
JJP does not recommend altering your playfield.
If you feel you need to add these items,
Pinball Life and Marco Specialties have the information and can get you what you need.

#11996 2 years ago

I think i counted 22 used GnRs in market today...So no reason to wait if you want one anymore. Even a few CEs in there.

#11997 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

My May LE build does not have the washers or longer posts.
When I created a ticket with JJP to get them, this was their response:
Do to supply issues we are unable to send out washers or longer posts.
JJP does not recommend altering your playfield.
If you feel you need to add these items,
Pinball Life and Marco Specialties have the information and can get you what you need.

May version GNR manual has the new warranty verbiage... your build is May... so that may be the reason. Dunno, just sayin'

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_May2021.pdf

What is covered on the game?
Our Limited Warranty covers only the items listed below (“Covered Parts”) from the date the machine is shipped to JJP’s authorized distributors (or directly to the original owner), for the period of time indicated (the “Warranty Period”):

1. Printed circuit boards (game logic). Warranty Period – Sixty (60) Days.
2. LCD monitor. Warranty Period - Two Hundred Seventy (270) Days.

What is not covered on the game?
JJP’s Limited Warranty does not cover anything other than the Covered Parts during the Warranty Period.

#11998 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I was under the impression your original email was in reference to clear film over the silver record , and not the center album art sticker. Did I misunderstand?

Yes it's the clear part. Is it all one sticker?

#12000 2 years ago

did anybody ever make a video to install those pinmonk cooling fans? i did not install mine yet

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/240 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.