Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-obsessed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#242 3 years ago

Put a deposit down yesterday for an LE!
Might have it this weekend!!!

Can’t wait!

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Damn man, nice! Where you order from?

Cointaker

I’m hoping Friday but maybe next week, still waiting to hear back.

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

GnR in the House. Loving it so far. If you like the band you got a game and a back stage pass with this theme. Amazing work Eric and JJP Team.
[quoted image]

Dave, last time I was at your house I think one of my keys fell off of my key ring and went underneath one of your machines.

Ok, if I come by after work today to look for that?

Nice!
Congrats!!!

Hope mine arrives soon!

#605 3 years ago

Soooooo, my distributor says my game should ship today, but call JJP for a tracking number since it's being drop shipped. I then call JJP, and they emailed me the bill of lading from the freight company, still no tracking number though. So I call the freight company and they poke around in their computer and tell me "hmmm looks like our truck showed up for a pickup, but the business has moved"! So, another call to JJP, only to find out my distributor gave the shipping company JJPs OLD ADDRESS!!!! Dammit!!! How many weeks is this gonna cost me?

I feel your pain!

I should be playing my LE tonight but the distributor accidentally took it along with their others ordered to their location instead of leaving it here in Illinois where I live (25 minutes from JJP). So instead of me picking it up today, now I’m waiting for it to get delivered to me next week!

Not too bad of a wait though, plus the distributor was cool, apologized and not charging shipping.

Oh well... it’s just pinball, right?

Plus I’m 10 months in on waiting for Rick and Morty so this wait will be a breeze! BTW I should be getting that soon too!

2020 has sucked so far with Covid and all but it’s about to become not so bad!

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In leu of starting another GnR thread.... I have my first game complaint. I fear from the adrenaline rush and stimulation overload I may end up with carpal tunnel or a heart arrhythmia because of this concert creation! Dam you Eric and JJP, eventually my wife is going to find me laying under this machine while Axel sings me good bye and farewell. TOOoo much stimulation overload! I’m going to play a bagatelle to bring my heart rate back down, then try again.

Don’t forget to look for my keys while your down there...

#611 3 years ago

Not sure what that means?

First world problems.

#896 3 years ago

Just picked up my LE from FedEx!

She’s coming home...Guns and F’n Roses baby!!!!

It’s going to be a Great weekend!

78ACC637-09D5-445E-A86C-F080B92C12ED (resized).jpeg78ACC637-09D5-445E-A86C-F080B92C12ED (resized).jpeg
#943 3 years ago

Just wanted to update from my post yesterday that I picked up my machine.

I’m in the middle of finishing my pinball room which sucks because after work I’d really rather play GNR than do that.

Anyway after painting late into the night last night I decided to unbox GNR in my living room. I only played it for about an hour-ish because it was late and I had to wake up for STUPID work today!

I just want to say that this game is amazing!!!!

I know I only played it a handful of times but oh my God… This thing is loaded, it looks great, it shoots really nice, the sound effects are great, the lights are crazy cool. I could go on and on!

I wasn’t able to turn up the volume because it was after 1am and the wife and kids were sleeping. So I wasn’t even able to get the full experience with the sound system turned up! I can’t wait to crank this thing up and play it again, should be even more amazing!

I’m hoping to be done with my pinball room by Thursday night (down to flooring and an accent wall) so I can really get some games on it this thing!

The good news is I have Friday off so it’s a three day weekend for me!!!

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

... please post pics of your Pinball Room when it’s ready

Will do!

Your game room is amazing!

My game room will be nothing crazy but better than no game room, right!

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Headphones jack is a great option!

Ha ha, great point!

It was late, I was tired and I was just excited to play it for the 1st time! so I wasn’t even thinking about that.

#1158 3 years ago

Ok the pinball room is not quite complete yet... but very close and I couldn’t wait any longer being that I picked up GNR on Tuesday! (I’ll finish up the pinball room another weekend, just trim, lighting and minor painting)

So I set up my games and brought GNR down with my 15 year old son today! Scuffed the walls (oh well) but I chipped a corner of the game..... Fuc#!!!
It’s fine, I guess, it’s under the leg so you can’t see it. But still... damn it!!!

Anyway, here’s a pic.

0894E93F-968D-45B2-B5FE-7ED0B35E0764 (resized).jpeg0894E93F-968D-45B2-B5FE-7ED0B35E0764 (resized).jpeg
#1159 3 years ago

Can anyone offer any help with this? Before I moved my pinball machine earlier, I heard something rattling around inside. Once I got it in the basement and set up, I found these 2 screws.

I’m Not sure where they go.

Any help would be appreciated.

E727F4A3-12B8-4660-9F92-7D856FE03C50 (resized).jpegE727F4A3-12B8-4660-9F92-7D856FE03C50 (resized).jpeg
#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I think I had something similar to those rolling around in my WoZ when it was delivered. Back side of coin door?

Yep!

Thanks dude!

#1166 3 years ago

Anyone else having trouble with guitar ball lock?

Mine recognizes the 1st 2 balls then not the third or fourth (or any after I think).

For now I just bypass it and open the coin door and force another ball into play.

#1173 3 years ago

Ohhhh Hellz no!! Not more coin door issues!!! No one lose their shit!

This is terrible... 2 loose screws!!!!
Maybe JJP will take this game back and refund my money?

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - 3rd and 4th switch working ?
Then check for loose wires, if optos - are they still in place ?
LTG : )

Quoted from kermit24:

Reboot the game. Make sure you are on 1.06 (can download over WiFi) Put into switch test. Place a pinball over each sensor to verify they are working. Reboot the game. I believe the sensors auto calibrate upon each boot up.
These are the non mechanical sensors.

Thanks guys!

I’ll check on this tomorrow and report back.

Much appreciated!

#1182 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Reboot the game. Make sure you are on 1.06 (can download over WiFi) Put into switch test. Place a pinball over each sensor to verify they are working. Reboot the game. I believe the sensors auto calibrate upon each boot up.
These are the non mechanical sensors.

Latest software update corrected the issue.
Thanks!

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:Anyone else having trouble with guitar ball lock?
Mine recognizes the 1st 2 balls then not the third or fourth (or any after I think).
For now I just bypass it and open the coin door and force another ball into play.

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Latest software update corrected the issue.
Thanks!

Still have the issue.

#1208 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Unboxed an LE today and had some Pinheads over. 49 plays on GnR. Everyone including myself were blown away by the experience. I even got my wife to play a few games and she doesn't play. I kept wanting to play again. Collect the band members and get through another song. The upper playfield is challenging to me. I would love to fill it with 6 locked balls, but that seems like its not going to happen for me anytime soon. There is so much going in the game it was nice to have others there to tell you what was on the little screen and what to do. Even my friend who doesn't care for the music enjoyed playing it. Everyone asked when they could come back and play again.

If you backhand from the left flipper it makes it all the way to the upper playfield and there’s a bonus... a lot of the times it goes right into the ball lock!

I find it easier then making that shot from the right flipper because when you get it up there from the right flipper the momentum makes roll right off the upper flipper sometimes and down the drain hole at the bottom of that upper playfield.

#1238 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So when you put it in switch test and place a pinball over each switch what do you get?

So I put the it in the switch test and all the lock ball sensors work accept the left middle one. Also my stand up target in the upper playfield not registering anything either and that also comes up as an error when I turn my game on

It looks like connectors is in but it’s difficult to see and I can’t reach under neath with my fingers because there’s no room under there.

I fear I might have to disassemble and lift that upper playfield.

#1249 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Supposedly it is very easy. I haven't done it yet.

Thanks.

I’ll give it a go, soon I hope.

#1307 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - 3rd and 4th switch working ?
Then check for loose wires, if optos - are they still in place ?

Quoted from kermit24:

So when you put it in switch test and place a pinball over each switch what do you get?

Ok, spoke to JJP today and they gave me direction on where to look first before taking the upper playfield apart. Good news is that’s where the issue was.

Again the issue was (2 actually);
1. Left center ball lock sensor not working
2.stand up target in upper playfield not working.

Took pictures in case anyone else has the same issue.

Picture 1... where to look;

Picture 2... harness pulled out from wire ties.

Picture 3... the culprit! White wire with brown stripe also another wire tied into same pin (most like stand up target wire).
The pin that goes into the plastic connector was not pushed in all the way so the fix was just to push it I n and the pin locks into place.

Problems fixed. Yay...

All good now.

25899FE6-D8B6-454E-BD89-9C6C4D8D2F22 (resized).jpeg25899FE6-D8B6-454E-BD89-9C6C4D8D2F22 (resized).jpeg74539BB1-B72D-4102-AC36-2C0AECD7B21B (resized).jpeg74539BB1-B72D-4102-AC36-2C0AECD7B21B (resized).jpegDCDA06DB-7D70-4D67-A50C-9C422E2335E1 (resized).jpegDCDA06DB-7D70-4D67-A50C-9C422E2335E1 (resized).jpeg
#1310 3 years ago

Yup!

Gotta love an easy fix.

Thanks for the help guys!

And thanks to Ken at JJP tech support for helping me out over the phone today.

#1431 3 years ago

How do you actually collect the power chord jackpot? I've had it set up a couple times now, and cant seem to collect?

I think I’ve collected it by making the ball lock shot.... or did I hit the stand up target or maybe I hit the button on the lock down bar...

Dang I’m not sure either now!

#1497 3 years ago

Ok guys, next little annoying thing that needs attention. This one probably will require a fix from JJP. When you hit the right ramp and go into the drumsticks, if the ball carries enough momentum, it wont roll down between the drumsticks. It actually rolls between the right drumstick and the inside of the cabinet!! Then when it hits the wire form guide at the bottom, it falls off the end of the stick onto the playfield. There is no guide to the right of the drumsticks to prevent this from happening. Eventually, the ball will form a line down the inside of the cabinet. Not to mention its just annoying to not have the ball feed the flipper. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

I have not seen this happen on mine either.

#1502 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder if the drumsticks are not level

#1504 3 years ago

Here’s a pic of the spacing on mine

476F3448-F131-4332-A255-816BA2FE564B (resized).jpeg476F3448-F131-4332-A255-816BA2FE564B (resized).jpeg
#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Probably a stupid question, but wont be the first or last one I ask. The inner loop shot that goes through the pops, mine hits the pops every time, but is it supposed to?
It seems as if its supposed to continue the other way, like an "s" of sorts. Anyone have to adjust this?

No you can repeat that loop shot.

Oh wait, I’m talking about the loop off of the upper right flipper. I think you’re talking about something else.

#1958 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I’m probably explaining poorly. Hope this pic helps.
I assume the shot is supposed to follow that yellow line. Mine always gets caught in the pops.
[quoted image]

I just played for a while and tried making that shot over and over from left flipper (back handing it) and from the right flipper. Most times it does just go into the pops. I did get it to make that “S” motion once from the right flipper but I’m not sure if that’s the intention of that shot. I think that upper rail is just curved in that direction to take the ball back up toward the top of the pops.

Just what I think anyway...

#2005 3 years ago

Speaking of add a ball, and multiball, remember when everyone (including myself) was worried about too much multiball?? Oh my God, you couldn't get away from the posts complaining about it, and no one even owned the damn machine yet. After putting almost 200 games on it at factory settings, I can say with confidence that JJP knew what they were doing. The 2 ball multiballs are very helpful to building ball save time and bonuses before starting song modes. And, unless you focus on putting balls into the ball lock, most song modes are single ball play. I now cringe when I hit the center scoop and get start song as an award when I havnt had time to lock balls or build my save time up. Seems silly all the bitching we did about the multiballs from the get go. The only adjustment I've made is the initial ball save time after plunge has been turned up a bit (and turned on adult mode of course), everything else is spot on right out of the box.

I don't have that many plays yet (maybe half) but I agree.
It can be tough without some help of a mulitiball!!!

I've had plenty of very short games even with getting a multiball during a song mode!

I also only made those 2 adjustments.

#2133 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. That aside. Have to ask what range of scores are you putting down on this game? This game still beats me down especially those outlanes unless you Really use those tilt warnings. 1-2 million is a good round for me though I have had a few in the 5-7 million range but those are less often.

My scores are about the same usually around 1 to 2M sometimes maybe 3. I’ve had a couple games that were pretty high scoring for me between six and 8 million.

I definitely need to play more though.

#2152 3 years ago

Hey owners,

Does your mini playfield flipper line up with the cut out for the mini flipper or is it off a little like mine???

C6E1BBA3-A01E-42F1-A6AA-8A1BEFEB18B5 (resized).jpegC6E1BBA3-A01E-42F1-A6AA-8A1BEFEB18B5 (resized).jpeg
#2157 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You probably want to loosen the pawl a tiny bit and move it and retighten the pawl.

Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Yea it looks like you need to make an adjustment.
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#2224 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question for owners:
How’s the upper right flipper shots been for you guys. This is one of my biggest concerns on gameplay as I haven’t had much luck looping shots on the location game I play, much less even making the shot. Have you had more success on your home game and/or make any adjustments to that flipper?

No adjustment on mine and I can repeat the upper loop once pretty often but I think I’ve only gotten 3 loops once!

My “professional” advice;
Helps if you’re drinking a few beers...
Funny because the same happens when I play my Getaway HS2 when i’m drinking I usually make more loops! Otherwise I hit about the same 2 or 3 but not consistently.

Hope that helps!

#2280 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ugh! When is mine coming?! Waiting is hard. XD

Dude! Chill!
It hasn’t even been out a month yet!

Think about all those poor saps that ordered a Rick and Morty “last December”and they are still waiting!

Wait... i’m one of those poor saps.

Oh well at least I was able to sneak in and got a GNR!!!

Ha ha just kidding.
Hope you get yours soon!
It’s an awesome pinball machine!

#2281 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Leaving the depot. Countdown to set up......[quoted image]

Prepare to be amazed!

Friendly tip… Don’t try carrying that big’ol son of a bitch in the box!

It’s really heavily as hell! It popped my shoulder when I tried to do that! (Getting old i guess)

I wasn’t gonna set it up right away so I figured I’d bring it into the house with the box and all until I was ready to unbox it. Yeah that was a big mistake!

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

What do you mean man? How much heavier is cardboard box?

That’s what I was thinking!

The base of the box had a 1/2 thick plywood with thick cardboard on either side... that must’ve weighed 50 pounds easily!

Ha ha, seriously though it’s packed well and once it’s out of the box without all the heavy packing material and the legs it’s a big difference. Especially when we’re talking over 350 pounds! Definitely much heavier than my NIB Deadpool was.

Or like I said maybe I’m just getting old.

#2295 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Any tips on checking my magnet? I remember seeing it activate frequently but the past several games it doesnt seem to be working.
Thanks

I noticed the same thing. Mine has not been catching the ball as much it seems like but I did move it and adjust the legs recently. I wonder if that affects it?

#2442 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

my revolver insterts just stop blinking when I lock a band member, they don’t turn green.

I think they stop blinking when you get their insert but green means you also locked a ball for them.

#2443 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I think they stop blinking when you get their insert but green means you also locked a ball for them.

Here’s a pic of 6 band members locked and 5 balls locked.

5ECD1585-4207-4CCE-84BA-DD2A74CEA6DF (resized).jpeg5ECD1585-4207-4CCE-84BA-DD2A74CEA6DF (resized).jpeg
#2460 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image][quoted image]

My Album spinner assembly finally fell apart today after 200 plays.

Yelobird Thanks for the posting the JJP fix info on this! Pulled up your post and all good now.
B81B93D2-6B8C-412B-8933-42DAB13FFED1 (resized).jpegB81B93D2-6B8C-412B-8933-42DAB13FFED1 (resized).jpeg

#2521 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good luck getting it to the upper playfield on stock flipper settings though. Haha

I backhand that shot all the time and everything is stock on mine. I also have a good pitch on it too.

Unfortunately though the rubbers on my game are taking a lot of wear it doesn’t look like they will last very long! I think I have about 200 plays on it.

#2523 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So to clarify. I am able to backhand the left ramp I was questioning the ability to backhand that ramp to actually hit the lock? It will go up the ramp but not far enough currently to award a lock.

You can backhand that shot so it makes it into the upper playfield but I get a lot of them that goes straight into the locked ball area! Which is great when that happens!

If it doesn’t make it straight into the Bolock area then you have to end up trapping it on your small flipper of the upper playfield. Then a lot of the balls roll right off and drain in the hole of that upper playfield. Which sucks when that happens! Ha ha

#2550 3 years ago

Umm, what about the big ass revolver that comes up for mystery, loads bullets into it then shoots one off?

That’s not family friendly…

#2564 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Rather impressed with all the side Album modes in this game. Whoever did the animations on these Bravo! Haven't done "shall we play a game" mode yet but that is my evening goal anyway lol.

I don’t even know how to get any of those modes yet but when I get them they are really cool! I’ve gotten to the “ala MK”fighting mode twice, the break down the walls mode about 3 times and slash solo once. I don’t think I beat any of them though... oh and the cart racing one like twice!

This is loaded with a lot to do! Animations are really well done too!

I need to sit down and start learning how to actually play this game. Been so busy though so I’ve just been enjoying the show as I play.

Like you I’ve been trying to go for as many ball locks like Kermit24 mentioned and it definitely pays off. But yeah you end up draining more, I think, curse you risk reward! This game is not easy by any stretch. The streams that show multi balls happening are definitely misleading. I consider myself decent at controlling multi ball play but on this pin it’s tough! But fun as hell!

#2566 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Didn't find anything in the JJP search. Is it possible to restart GnR after a poor ball 1? (not that I would......) But a do over mulligan by holding the start button. Is that possible or am I doing it wrong?

hit the menu button and it drains your ball and you can restart.

Otherwise there’s a setting to use the start button to restart.

I left mine off so I don’t use it!

#2569 3 years ago

You get to those modes by playing a combined 3 minutes of song from any one album. Each album has its own mode. Like tear down the wall is the mode for use your illusion 1. Three minutes of song play qualifies the mode (silver status) , 6 minutes (gold), 9 (platinum), and I think there's diamond level as well. Just higher scoring for extra levels. Hit the scoop once song is done to start the mode. HOWEVER, I wish I could choose to not start the mode, and keep building my album play time instead. Kermit24, is this possible that you know of?

Thanks!

Took a screenshot of this.

#2578 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Anyone else have a magnet that doesnt seem to be working? Used to see it several times a game, now havent seen it in days.

Did you check the wiring underneath?

Or look for a test mode in diagnostics?

#2580 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

No idea how I got it but played "Shall we play a game" last night, I thought my entire game was crashing. Insanely cool mode.

Nice!

Just made it to that mode tonight on my 3rd game! Had a long lasting multi ball on whatever song I was playing (don’t remember) then the scoop was lit up all red after. Shot the scoop and it started “Shall we play a game” mode. Very, very cool mode! Even more cool I defeated the mode!!!

83F06AF0-AB69-47FC-999A-628BC948A411 (resized).jpeg83F06AF0-AB69-47FC-999A-628BC948A411 (resized).jpeg
#2583 3 years ago

My record assembly came loose again.

Attaching the exploded view from the manual.

I can’t seem to tighten #4 to the disk #11.

I put pressure on the spinner and tighten #15 with my 1/4 nut driver but it doesn’t seem to tighten up. So I’m guessing it’s stripped or maybe I just need to lift the decal up and put a screw driver on #16 while tighten #15?

But then, if I lift the decal, will my decal on the disk be ruined?

EE2A1710-0C15-4499-8F57-DA1C61A70973 (resized).jpegEE2A1710-0C15-4499-8F57-DA1C61A70973 (resized).jpeg
#2585 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

it says it on your high score - the song was "Better"

Oh yeah

#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Are you using locktite?

yep

#2641 3 years ago

Last 10 or so games I thought my plunger felt a little different and even sounded different. I was right! Opened the coin door and peeked inside and found the rubber tip of the plunge sitting inside the cabinet.

are these supposed to just pop on and off? Do they pop back in easily? Or is this going to just keep happening?

***must’ve popped off while I was lifting and lowering the playfield trying to fix the record spinner.

0DECB191-1C8C-47E7-9FB7-B5220B6B2E16 (resized).jpeg0DECB191-1C8C-47E7-9FB7-B5220B6B2E16 (resized).jpegCD392925-2E98-4DA9-80DD-F89FAE661F65 (resized).jpegCD392925-2E98-4DA9-80DD-F89FAE661F65 (resized).jpeg
#2644 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Check how close the plunger tip is to contacting something when you raise and lower your playfield. On just about all of my JJP pins I need to pull the plunger just a bit to lower the playfield or that will happen. I don't have my GNR pin yet, but check it.

That must’ve been it. Been lifting and lowering the playfield due to my record spinner falling apart. And when I lower my playfield down everytine it is a very tight fit and it fights me. It must’ve grazed it and pulled it off one of those times.

Thanks!

Damn it!

#2646 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s pinball man!

Yeah yeah yeah....

I edited my post. My bad, I assumed it just broke but it was probably my doing.

I got my panties out of a bunch, now it’s your turn!

#2675 3 years ago

Was going to install my numbered LE plate onto my machine tonight but after trying to line things up I realized I couldn’t!

Never mind, I figured it out. I couldn't see the threads in the screws that are there. So the screws for the plate go through the screws that are in the wood.

Damn my old bad eyes!

#2677 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you try the screws where the yellow arrows point ?
[quoted image]

yep I just did and edited my post.

thanks!

I'm a newbie to JJP (with old man eyes)

Got it on now.

20C5DB59-5C2E-4FCF-BD82-3E85AAFAA788 (resized).jpeg20C5DB59-5C2E-4FCF-BD82-3E85AAFAA788 (resized).jpeg
#2726 3 years ago

Got my new record spinner assembly yesterday and installed it.

Emailed JJP on Tuesday night about the issue (had to register my game on Wednesday) then they sent out the part for right away.

A big Thanks to Barry over there for helping me with this and sending it so quickly!

91ADD267-D1F9-46B1-8C89-A309F848650B (resized).jpeg91ADD267-D1F9-46B1-8C89-A309F848650B (resized).jpeg
#2785 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

New code out! 1.08.
=== Game Code
+ added Scorbit scoring and mode support
+ added attract mode jukebox
* fixed an issue with song album progress not showing for the song Patience
* corrected an issue where Shall We Play A Game? did not start the
background music on time
+ added a brightness adjustment for the lit bass guitar on the left ramp on
the Standard Edition
* changed mystery default difficulty
* changed "Continue Add Ball" adjustment to "Continue Add-a-Ball Limit". i
can be set from 0 (No add-a-balls) to 9 or unlimited. default is unlimited.
this is per-song
* fixed power chord add-a-ball
* songs now kill on-the-road modes on start
* various other bug fixes and improvements
=== Core Code
+ added initial Scorbit support
+ added initial NTP/Time Zone support
* network settings are now cleared on factory reset
* fixed crash at game start when camera is disabled
* sped up network initialization greatl

Thanks!

Downloading it now.

3AC2C965-4282-485B-A92A-908A1D92B07D (resized).jpeg3AC2C965-4282-485B-A92A-908A1D92B07D (resized).jpeg
#2860 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

I must be the only one having trouble updating . All other updates went smooth but this one takes forever then cancels . The usb I tried to use dont work either but I have always had issues with Jersey Jack machines sometimes being difficult to update . Sterns are much easier .
waiting waiting waiting
[quoted image]

I’m having the same issue but just figured it was my WiFi connection and the kids using up the speed in their stuff.

Haven’t tried a usb stick yet.

#2998 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Ball very often gets stuck here when the metal clamp comes down and holds it. Anyone else experience this?
[quoted image]

I’ve got about 300 plays on my LE and haven’t seen that happen once.

Can’t really tell from your pic what’s holding the ball?

If that’s the gate holding the ball... I’m not sure your gate is working correctly or maybe it’s not positioned correctly?

#3000 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is the kind of round plastic piece that secures it still there ? Usually crank that tight and that does it.
Page C-56 in the manual item #8
If you need the manual you can download it from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support under Downloads under Pirates

This help?

671BEB05-4740-4603-B811-B24B25E9AEC0 (resized).png671BEB05-4740-4603-B811-B24B25E9AEC0 (resized).png
1 week later
#3287 3 years ago

I agree with taking the head off the machine. I have a crappy stairway to my basement with a nightmare 90 degree turn.

Here’s a couple pics of before and after bringing down my GNR and RM within a month of each other.

I just finished my basement in august too!

Anymore pins get moved up and down, I’m removing the heads!

20A99C4C-800B-45DE-98A0-73B820D6BD02 (resized).png20A99C4C-800B-45DE-98A0-73B820D6BD02 (resized).pngB08B0C47-C0FA-4DC5-A689-50CD6DD76B8B (resized).pngB08B0C47-C0FA-4DC5-A689-50CD6DD76B8B (resized).png
#3290 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As it looks like it was simply Close but fit, consider simply putting a 36"x36" sheet of UHMW or even a half sheet of 5$ paneling against the wall when you plan to move games. Plastic/wood are more forgiving then plaster.

Thanks!

Yeah that was a noob move on my part.

#3476 3 years ago

I got a ball stuck last night from a crazy bounce...

Been getting a lot of flying balls lately in the area just below the pops.

B5ADDD3F-5D9B-48CF-B74A-24343FAB1ADA (resized).jpegB5ADDD3F-5D9B-48CF-B74A-24343FAB1ADA (resized).jpeg
#3483 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What is your flipper power at?

I think I did turn it up slightly, I might have to back it off.

Thanks.

#3490 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

I have been having this issue a lot on my SE. Launches from below the pops to the point that balls will end up on the stage.

I almost forgot until your post.

Yeah I recently got a ball locked into the guitar lock area (from a ball launched up near the pops) and I thought... man am I good or what!!!?

#3497 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Yeah so I discovered my issue. The record was not attached tightly to the shaft. Which allows it to seesaw, even when level with the playfield. If I push down on one edge it can essentially dip almost a quarter inch. Hard to photograph but two photos below try to show the difference. It was causing balls to slam into the wood and launch. Also caused the mylar to lift and the playfield art to separate along with it.
The design flaw here seems to be there is no way to tighten that screw without removing the record decal since it covers the screw.
I have a support ticket with JJP open to try and figure out how to fix.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man that really sucks, sorry dude.

Thank you for posting this though. Because it made me realize my record assembly was sitting to low (most likely causing my crazy air balls) so I loosened the white plastic nut on the record assembly below and adjusted the height to be flush with the playfield.

Prior to this... I had a similar issue like you where my record assembly kept getting loose and it would sit lop-sided. I had done the repair from the bulletin with the loctite but I couldn’t correct it because the screw on the record assembly would not tighten. I realized the same as you that the screw under the decal is kinda a bummer because you have to break through it (decal) to get at it. Anyway they sent me a new record assembly and all was good after that.

Good luck with yours!

#3511 3 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Our LE arrived on Friday in time for my birthday. Great game so far. We also received a signed poster.
Lots of praise for the game play and the experience
Only changes I would make after 50 games or so...
Use the action button to snap when the pictures are taken & leverage WIFI to connect to Sonos. Or convince Sonos to add Bluetooth
We really love this game glad we jumped on it early. [quoted image][quoted image]

Happy belated birthday Rob! (Your neighbor in Lake Zurich)

Congrats on finally getting GNR!

#3512 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You use the action button to cycle through the patches. Once you leave it on a patch it will always be going for that patch. You can hold the left flipper and hit the action button to go "back" if you ship a patch. You can do this before you plunge also. The patch benefit is displayed in the playfield LCD. Important: All THREE inlanes can be cycled to move the GNR letters over. Also, the drain on the upper PF spots a GNR letter. Make sure you cycle the flippers to have as many GNR letters as possible when it drains up there.

My game lets me change the patch anytime now without holding the left flipper button.

I don’t think it that before the update?

#3686 3 years ago

I got tired of looking at a bunch of pictures of myself so I turned off the features where it takes a pic at the end and when it shows all the pics from high scores.

It’s still on so that you’re displayed on the lcd while playing though. And i think it still watches me drink beer too!

#3688 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s always watching you. I got a kick out of watching the high score tables for the first time. Kinda fun. Got a cool one with my daughter and slash too. Looks like he’s really there I love it![quoted image][quoted image]

It’s a cool feature for sure. I’ll probably turn mine on whenever there’s company over, otherwise, like I said it’s just a bunch of pictures of me.

#3691 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

LOL , I thought so also. In reality though, my fat ass makes me look like a fat ass.

LMFAO! (F in this case stands for FAT)

#3764 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just came down to play my GNR today. The opto's underneath the skill shot are not working. I checked for loose wires or something unplugged. So far I do not see anything anyone else run into this problem thanks.

My opto sensors (some) stopped working on my guitar lock when I first got my machine. Ended up being a wire not fully seated underneath a Playfield on One of the harnesses.

If you haven’t checked this already I would recommend following the wires for those sensors to whatever harness state plug into or board, And look closely at the wires to make sure they are fully pushed into the connectors.

69C7CC19-1B4C-40D8-84C9-CA1B3B82D4D9 (resized).jpeg69C7CC19-1B4C-40D8-84C9-CA1B3B82D4D9 (resized).jpeg
#4020 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

#193 checking in! Now I just need to figure out the rules. Played a couple of games and have no idea what is going on.
[quoted image]

LMK when you do, I've had my game since it first came out and I still haven't figured it out! I basically go for locking as many balls in the guitar as I can, collecting whatever patches I can and maybe shooting the band member shots some extra times before I start a song. I don't think I've had a game over 15 million yet but I bet if I knew what the hell I was doing I would have plenty! Oh well, when I figure things out more it'll be that much more fun...

What album cover did you get on your spinner???

#4032 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not one mention of the booster modes. If you want a big song you need lights, pyro, amps, and crowd. If not you will have weenie scores.

Okay thanks for the tips!

#4034 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

This helped to at least get me going in the right direction:
http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

I meant to print this out a couple weeks ago and never got around to it.
So thanks for the reminder.

This will definitely help!

Thanks again.

#4164 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

new place to get stuck
[quoted image]

Ha ha, I had that exact same scenario on mine like 2/3 nights ago! It worked its way out during the multi ball it happened on. So I didn’t get a picture.

I turned my flippers down slightly since I had turned them up a little for a bit more snap in the flippers. We’ll see if it happens again.

I was also getting crazy bounces in the left side that would just throw the ball into a left drain. Also will have to see if this improves or goes away after the adjustment.

#4245 3 years ago

Merry Christmas fellow pin heads!

New GNR stream from Karl...

1 week later
#4466 3 years ago

I just swapped out the flipper rubbers on my GNR... OH MY GOD what a difference! I put super bands (I think) they’re off my Getaway HS2. Can someone take a close look and confirm if those look like super bands?

I love the way this game plays now! I hated the bounce that the flippers had before, it drove me crazy and I couldn’t get good ball control. The gameplay is amazing now. I was really hating the gameplay before with the original flipper rubbers from JJP.

I can’t believe I didn’t swap them out before.

Here’s a pic with my new flipper rubbers.
74FC3FF0-5518-4CE0-9540-CF5296DAF7C1 (resized).jpeg74FC3FF0-5518-4CE0-9540-CF5296DAF7C1 (resized).jpeg

#4591 3 years ago

<blockquote cite="#6057570"One question I do have is the spinning record suppose have some play in it? Mine isnt low or wobble or anything, but I can pull up on it and seem to cant tighten screw anymore.

That’s normal.

#4593 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

This game is awesome, but the drains sdtm are real. The game is a lot tougher then I thought it was going to be. One question I do have is the spinning record suppose have some play in it? Mine isnt low or wobble or anything, but I can pull up on it and seem to cant tighten screw anymore.

That is normal for the spinner.

#4656 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I am 6' 0".
Slash (who is 5' 10") is somehow still taller than me in the selfie photos, including when I stand on my toes like Black Swan.
I hope they shrink him down in the next code update.

It’s the slash hat, that’s all.

#4670 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Maybe someone can help me out clearing up a weird issue/question I have about collecting patches. I feel like my game may be having some kind of issue either in the software code or maybe something else. I see the display for collecting GNR letters to award the patch on the screens. The ball will roll over the left in lane switch for GNR or fall from the upper playfield to collect a letter and sometimes I do not get awarded the letter. Other times I will get awarded the letter and then keep playing a ball and notice my letter or letters are taken away or cleared. The game will chime the appropriate sound when the ball rolls over the switch or falls from the upper PF. All switches work properly and register. This seems like something in the code or rules? Anyone notice this or am I just not understanding the rules properly? I feel like I remember the GNR letters clearing/resetting once or twice when the ball rolled over the right inlane for JAM letters. It just seems random and bizarre.

You can scroll through what patches you have and how many letters if you trap the ball up on your flipper then with the other flipper button press that and that will highlight the letters for the current Patch you have selected.

#4671 3 years ago

Also if you are on a patch and have collected one or two letters but want them to apply to a different patch… Trap your ball up select the patch you want then keep hitting the other flipper button until those letters appear for that patch.

Ideally you would select your patch before you plunge your ball. But, if you forget and you’re on a patch that you don’t really wanna collect the letters for then that’s when you can change it like I mentioned before.

#4691 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Light that beautiful stage with our New Guns and Roses Custom 3D Stage spot light cover Mod. Small detail mod to cover the metal bracket OEM light. Vented cover fixture from all sides with raised GnR monogram details. Simple install and reversible. Guns and F'n Roses! In Stock Now.
www.TheModCouplePinball.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You guys make such cool mods!

Very nice.

Don’t forget to give us a picture of those mods on the playfield zoomed out so we can see what it looks like with the rest of the game.

I love the drums mod you posted previously. I might have to visit you again…

#4771 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

These are the cherry on the top!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

very nice!

just ordered a set and they are on sale too!

#4803 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If it helps I cut a 2x4 and prop the back end of playfield up (to bottom of cabinet )with front on the stands .Everytging is completly out of the way ,easy as throwing a magnet on your refrigerator .

I’m interested to see this process, if you can elaborate a little more or have pics.

#4815 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

First off welcome aboard! Which piece exactly fell off?? Find it hard to believe the cymbal would be a tough find. The acorn nut would be likely. Most of the assembly from the hex stud up is loctited into position. The acorn nut is possible though. Get a good light and search back of playfield and more importantly the Back of the inner game cabinet as the part would likely roll back there when lifting the playfield. Here is a pic and a link to the manual for better part identification.
https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/
[quoted image]

You keep flashing that sexy drum mod on this thread just to tease us...

I want it!

I don’t see it on your market page here on Pinside.

#4844 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks guys I’m going back into depression lmao

You should hit up Zack Meny. He’s in Indiana maybe he’ll let you come and check it out and, You know let you kick the tires, if you’re interested in buying one…

#4859 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Lmao ...even though he’s in Indiana he’s 4 1/2 hrs away .I have talked with him I’m sure We’ll meet up at some point .I’m just getting started let’s see how much insanity my wife can take

Show up at around 11 PM… but just make sure you tell him Dave from the mod couple said it was OK.

#4867 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Off the Modcouple site... $109.00

Very nice mod!
A0A0B6D3-C557-4364-8FBE-9D5D5BFF159C (resized).pngA0A0B6D3-C557-4364-8FBE-9D5D5BFF159C (resized).png

#4915 3 years ago

I get so pumped when I get a 2 or 3 ball power chord and Karl just got a 6 ball power chord like nothing...

It’s official.... I hate him.

#5047 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This game is sick. Holy shit. I love it. Beautiful and plays great right out of the box. All connections to the topper are there as well. Only small issue is the spring to the plunger is to weak. It won’t even make it past the gate. I can switch out the but the ones I have are too powerful so the skill shot is to hard to make. Other than that, I’m loving it. See ya later. Going back to learn new stuff.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Make sure you didn’t sheer the rubber tip off your plunger like I did lifting and reseating the playfield. There’s barely any room there and it happens easily.

Someone else here on pinside suggested to always pull the plunger back when you lift/drop the playfield in or out to avoid that from happening.

AF27CD55-A1EC-41D2-8B19-3D085046AC77 (resized).pngAF27CD55-A1EC-41D2-8B19-3D085046AC77 (resized).png
#5048 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This game is sick. Holy shit. I love it. Beautiful and plays great right out of the box. All connections to the topper are there as well. Only small issue is the spring to the plunger is to weak. It won’t even make it past the gate. I can switch out the but the ones I have are too powerful so the skill shot is to hard to make. Other than that, I’m loving it. See ya later. Going back to learn new stuff.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Make sure you didn’t sheer the rubber tip off the plunger like I did.

Someone else here on pinside suggested to always pull the plunger back all the way when lifting/dropping the playfield.

9D750C6E-BEBA-444D-97EB-ABC9164DE53C (resized).jpeg9D750C6E-BEBA-444D-97EB-ABC9164DE53C (resized).jpeg
#5075 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

no one else finds this kind of clunky?

Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

It really is a mix of pitch, level, flipper rubber, coil strength (or fade)... On some days I can hit 2-3 loops without any clunk, some times I nail it so accurately and hard that the ball flys out of control.
Happens a ton also on JP2 (raptor tower shot) and IMDN (that upper loop from the inner flipper can be incredibly hard to hit)

I wouldn’t call it clunky… It’s a makeable shot for sure I’ve also hit it two or three times in a row. Two times a lot three times maybe only once or twice!

I do get a lot of shots that come back and don’t actually make it around that upper loop. But when that shot is made spot on it’s back to your flipper in less than a second!

2 weeks later
#5670 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Awesome, would you mind posting a photo of yours with the blades installed?

I have these on mine, they look great! Just a reminder to everyone though... there’s barely any room between cabinet and playfield so my blades got nicked right away. That sucked! Oh well, I need some of the blade protectors now.

Here are some pics;
3EA5FB10-78A4-4436-980F-2A19F6A384AA (resized).jpeg3EA5FB10-78A4-4436-980F-2A19F6A384AA (resized).jpeg6DF854CE-DA76-4780-B7DB-A7E192D3F80B (resized).jpeg6DF854CE-DA76-4780-B7DB-A7E192D3F80B (resized).jpegCCDB2206-7C8C-4AFA-AC88-38C1B75D49CF (resized).jpegCCDB2206-7C8C-4AFA-AC88-38C1B75D49CF (resized).jpegE1BFE371-2F38-4AA3-8120-F733263190F8 (resized).jpegE1BFE371-2F38-4AA3-8120-F733263190F8 (resized).jpegED5222C1-9998-4DA1-B5F8-3586C98A8899 (resized).jpegED5222C1-9998-4DA1-B5F8-3586C98A8899 (resized).jpeg

#5680 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You're BUSTED![quoted image]

I took the tilt Bob out for the pics because it was causing a glare...

Ha ha!

Actually, I totally forgot to put it in and I’ll blame it on getting Rick and Morty right after GNR. Truth be told though, I play RM a lot more than GNR. And, yes, the tilt Bob is installed on Rick and Morty!

On GNR I definitely don’t push the game around that much anyway... nudging yes and a lot. Oh well! Not like I was posting any big scores on the thread anyway or trying to hide anything! My GC score is too embarrassing to post here so I won’t even say what it is.

Good catch though! (You ball buster!!!)

I’ll make sure to get that installed ASAP!

#5681 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I have installed many side blades and never had to remove a playfield, can't imagine that was easy, seems very stressful and a lot could go wrong vs. nicking a $75 pair of side blades.

So super easy and worth it to remove. There’s usually plenty of wiring to remove it but you just have to keep it close to the machine. Also, you just need a second pair of hands. My 12 year old has helped me before and my wife helped me on GNR.

Here’s a pic of mine with playfield removed. Tool chest is the perfect height and size for it.

FBF56065-4860-47D3-BDEA-BD6867AD1E68 (resized).jpegFBF56065-4860-47D3-BDEA-BD6867AD1E68 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6169 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Or only 3 an hour for 8 hours a day, sounds like a sensible diet.
Cured my diabetes anyway!

I’ll drink to that!

Cheers!

C7F3FE87-2A53-4F18-8A77-64178D4B6D02 (resized).jpegC7F3FE87-2A53-4F18-8A77-64178D4B6D02 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6448 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I mean it’s pretty clear when the scoop turns a blinding blue

One blue light while 300 others are going?

Ha ha

Man this game has a lot of stuff going on all at once and when your flipping 3 to 6 Balls around on top of all that....

This game is sensory overload.

That and I am getting old too.

5 months later
#13611 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

My first NIB is in at my reputable distributor. Question…. How were your games delivered to you all, in the box and unboxed and assembled in your home or unboxed and assembled remotely at the distributor location? I’m a bit nervous because my guy is assembling remotely then putting it on a truck…. Suggestions?

Maybe he could record the unboxing on his phone for you? And, capture the serial number during the recording.

1 month later
#15914 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

the nights will get colder. GnR needs a cover[quoted image]

I agree.

8D2171BF-1E99-48E9-9918-68333899C3E9 (resized).jpeg8D2171BF-1E99-48E9-9918-68333899C3E9 (resized).jpeg
#15920 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Where'd you get that?

I just used the GNR banner image and had a photo site (collage.com) print off a fleece blanket (baby blanket size). They usually have really good deals like 60, 80% off or even free sometimes.

I’ve done it on most my pins, here’s some pics of others…
5DD19723-B020-4406-82B4-78FBF0F1739E (resized).jpeg5DD19723-B020-4406-82B4-78FBF0F1739E (resized).jpeg87338801-EE1F-479F-978B-AB010870A8E7 (resized).jpeg87338801-EE1F-479F-978B-AB010870A8E7 (resized).jpegBFE30EAA-12E2-4B25-B2BD-4BE555239BD8 (resized).jpegBFE30EAA-12E2-4B25-B2BD-4BE555239BD8 (resized).jpegE0EE3817-D522-44BE-92D8-1D02D41AB4DF (resized).jpegE0EE3817-D522-44BE-92D8-1D02D41AB4DF (resized).jpeg

84058F43-7E75-4652-A302-FB91949FB07B (resized).png84058F43-7E75-4652-A302-FB91949FB07B (resized).png
#16026 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Nope I actually like it, I'll post a video of the intro one sec.
HD is still processing:

Wow, that was totally ripped off from the Rick and Morty pin, thelighting effect from the space ship on multi ball...

Oh well! I have both games and I love it!

time too update my code!!!

#16029 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Similar but different, after-all it is a spot light effect and there are all but so many ways to represent that. I believe they did an awesome job adding the intro with the spot light effect that even carries onto the 27" monitor along with the speech introduction of the band and then followed by simulated camera flashes from the audience. This was very well played on JJPs part.
I also have a R&M BSE and love it....

yep, I agree... GNR's is more magical.

But, they are both awesome!

And, they are both excellent games.

#16069 2 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

"totally ripped off" is a little harsh, don't you think?
Anyway, I hadn't seen a R&M game until your mention. I put a similar (although understated) effect in Dialed In for the spotlight Match sequence years ago. (And in The Hobbit for dragon fire during "The Fall of Erebor" before that. )
--Ted

I was totally kidding.

Actually, I’ve never seen that effect before RM so I just assumed it was a first. My bad! I guess I didn’t know what the heck I was talking about, so sorry for that.

This is similar but more awesome’er!

I downloaded the new code last night and have to say…. Great job on this!!!! It’s amazing.

Thanks!!!

#16071 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

keefer Updated code today.
Had a few rounds and on my last game, had mr brownstone going and managed to lock both balls i had going into the guitar power chord. Then one of them dropped back onto the playfield and SDTM. Which is when the sound turned off, flippers stopped responding but everything else carried on as if I was playing the song. The other ball remained in its lock position and there was no ball search.
Turned the game off and rebooted. Now it’s searching for that ball. I’ll do the calibration and hope that works, but thought I’d check if anyone else had anything like that? Made a video of the whole thing but o guess I can only upload images here

Yes that happened to me last night to (ball search but all the balls were in the trough) after installing the new code.

It was late and I had to go to bed for work today so I just left it. I’ll have to check it out after work today.

I hope it’s just a minor glitch.

2 weeks later
#16967 2 years ago

Picked up some new wall art at Expo for my pinball room…

F99EA0AB-1FF7-4C77-96AD-5084A935CE36 (resized).jpegF99EA0AB-1FF7-4C77-96AD-5084A935CE36 (resized).jpeg
#16970 2 years ago

The GNR CE (with speaker on the sides) setup at expo was amazing!

I have GNR with a subwoofer and it’s sounds great but this sounded amazing! Planning to move my machine into a corner and do the same, eventually.

E3BCFBE7-542A-4A22-924D-CB139DD4AC7C (resized).pngE3BCFBE7-542A-4A22-924D-CB139DD4AC7C (resized).png
#16973 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

so nice you got one.. Wish i could to replace the one that is falling apart in my game as i play it.
My name is Rich Too . Send it to me. Ha
Bottom left Quality Emblem . Bahhhh lmao

I don’t think you’d want this one…
It’s a seconds/reject playfield.

Did you get on the JJP list for a new play field at a discounted price?

If not get in touch with Barry at JJP.

#16986 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

How did they have these connected? Through the headphone port???

They had an amplifier sitting behind it and from what I understand that was connected to the board inside with some type of y connector that went from headphone type plug to two rca type cables. (I think)

I will be getting better instructions on this hopefully and will try to post it on this thread.

#16992 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

For anyone else dense like me in the future trying to install the JJP "Once in a Lifetime" topper...I'll confirm this did work. The baby blue wired plug is the one (see my picture in post above). Wifi update to 1.25 also worked well...with coin door open. Coin door closed it failed. For some reason. Sweet.

Thanks for posting.

I’ve been sitting on mine for a few weeks and need to get that thing installed.

3 weeks later
#17957 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This was a weird ball hangup I just had. I jammed itself between the return ramp and the left ramp right side target.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ve gotten that one about a dozen or so times in the one year I’ve had the game. Don’t know if I want to address it yet or not lol.

Same.

It’s happened on mine at least a half dozen times or more in the past year.

9 months later
#22780 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I know the feeling. This game is never leaving my collection. After what happened last june i decided to have something made to celebrate its awesomeness.
[quoted image]

What happened last June?

1 month later
#23067 1 year ago

Haven’t been in this thread for a while and not sure if this has been discussed or not.

Just curious, are a lot of you buying the back up playfield?

Thanks.

#23079 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes. They reached out and only had the CE main, they offered to sell that now or wait until both are in stock and ship both which is what I decided.

I stopped over yesterday to pick mine up, they had both. To be clear I was on the list.
I got a bonus since I was there in person.

Eric is awesome!

BDCF8FC5-D24E-4435-9CE8-2FC7DCE8B7C5 (resized).jpegBDCF8FC5-D24E-4435-9CE8-2FC7DCE8B7C5 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#23560 1 year ago

Congrats now pimp the sound out with pin woofer or add a subwoofer!

You love it even more.

#23569 1 year ago
Quoted from butterz:

Any of you guys want to try and beat my high score?
[quoted image]

Nice.

Walk us through with what your strategy was to get there…

#23574 1 year ago

Anyone interested in buying the new improved playfields for GNR (main playfield and upper mini playfield).

When I picked theses up I had Eric Meunier sign the main playfield.

The mini playfield is still wrapped in plastic from JJP, I haven’t opened it.

I bought these from JJP as part of the deal for the original owners that had playfield issues.
I Paid over $600 for both.... this is supposed to be half of the actual price on these items.

I bought them just in case but my playfields are fine and I already have another one hung up on my wall that I bought at expo last year.

Selling for $600 even with shipping included in the U.S.

I still have the box and shipping material it came in.

Pm me if interested and of course I will donate to pinside for the sale.

092E6B4F-E097-4534-B605-122B55D49F89 (resized).jpeg092E6B4F-E097-4534-B605-122B55D49F89 (resized).jpeg505787F7-BDA0-426C-AE87-178158128DAA (resized).jpeg505787F7-BDA0-426C-AE87-178158128DAA (resized).jpeg
Added 15 months ago:

Not for sale anymore.

#23575 1 year ago

Have a couple more things…

1. A brand new set of the GNR Legendary art blades by Tilt graphics. $70 and this includes shipping in the U.S.

2. I have a JJP translite of GNR if anyone is interested in that? The translite is not really made to be back lit but it can be… I put it up to one of my lit frames and the light does come through. Or I’m sure it it would look amazing framed. Also, I had it autographed at expo by the whole team that worked on GNR. $150 plus shipping.

Here is a picture of what the art blades look like... the set i'm selling is new and unopened in the original package.

B1D6A99B-EBD5-4FEE-9CFD-8F50FDAA8A51 (resized).pngB1D6A99B-EBD5-4FEE-9CFD-8F50FDAA8A51 (resized).png
F52E5CBB-5372-4273-94FD-E7A352F3BE3E (resized).jpegF52E5CBB-5372-4273-94FD-E7A352F3BE3E (resized).jpeg
3699E5AE-2FC9-4CAC-92F7-75C9A277954F (resized).jpeg3699E5AE-2FC9-4CAC-92F7-75C9A277954F (resized).jpegCF022625-7432-4EB1-B927-115CA4ABA6C7 (resized).jpegCF022625-7432-4EB1-B927-115CA4ABA6C7 (resized).jpeg

Added 15 months ago:

Not for sale anymore

#23610 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I’ve been quoted $618 + 325 estimated shipping to UK from JJP.
I will then get VAT/Duty added
This will cost me over 1k GBP.
Nightmare…

Yeah shipping is crazy

#23619 1 year ago

I’ve made the purchase, sent it to Kruzman for clear coating and then I’ll still have shipping to Israel and tax. Will come closer to 2000$ in total but hey it’s a CE one. Oh the joy

#23621 1 year ago

I’ve made the purchase, sent it to Kruzman for clear coating and then I’ll still have shipping to Israel and tax. Will come closer to 2000$ in total but hey it’s a CE one. Oh the joy

At least it’s still less than a TS4 CE

1 month later
#24013 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I have to say, the GnR LE has one of the most incredible LED light shows on any pin ever. Maybe even THE most incredible light show ever. It's simply stunning with all the LEDs that are in that machine.
That said, the 1st time I ever played a GnR LE was at a person's home. Then I played about 6 games on a GnR LE at Pintastic last year.
Now, to the point of this post...
On the machine at the person's home, there was this lighting affect that was the best & most creative thing I've personally ever seen in a pin. It was a spotlight affect.
Now, the way this worked was, the machine goes completely dark. No lights on at all. Then, this spotlight affect emanates out of the ball trough & shoots right up the playfield in an ever widening beam and goes up onto the back glass. It starts as a narrow beam at the trough & gets wider & wider as it shines up the darkened playfield & actually carries up onto the backglass utilizing the back box LEDs to do so. So the circle part of the spotlight (about 3 inches wide) is on the back glass itself. It circles & bounces all around just like you'd see from an actual spotlight at a real concert that starts at the back of the auditorium & moves around on the stage curtains while you're waiting for the band to come out & start playing.
In a word, it...was...AWESOME! And just so you fully understand, it utilizes all the playfield & back glass LEDs to achieve this affect. It's not just 1 bright LED coming out of the ball trough. It starts at the trough, but goes up the playfield utilizing the playfield & back box LEDs themselves to create the affect. It goes right up the playfield in all white light & up onto the back glass.
I saw this affect at the person's home, but not on the machine that was at Pintastic, nor on the few I've seen out in the wild. I've never seen it on a YouTube video, nor heard anyone make mention of this affect either. Has anyone else seen this affect on their personal machine?
I ask because I am picking up my GnR LE on Sunday & I want to make sure I enable that affect on it.
Thanks all.

it’s in all of them with the correct code update.

Rick and Morty has something almost exactly the same and it happens right before a multi ball. I might even say it’s better effect because it’s looks like the space ship on the playfield is casting the spot light on the playfield and it goes from side to side. Also very cool!

#24015 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

That's awesome! Never seen that on R&M, but I've only seen that machine once and my daughter played it and didn't activate that.
Thanks for the response back Obsessed.
May I ask, how does that affect activate? What sets it off/gets it to work?
I thought it was in attract mode when it started on the machine I saw it on, but it may have been after I started a game and was looking at the playfield and checking out the shots. I forget. I was just blown away by it. What an awesome idea and add. Especially on a concert themed game. Love it!

I know it’s the 1st game after you power the machine on. That’s what mine does. Then I think it’s random after that… maybe

#24016 1 year ago

Here’s the Rick and Morty spotlight effect.

Ehh… maybe GNR is better

Both very cool though!

#24018 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Hey Obsessed.
YOU MAY BE RIGHT! THAT'S EXACTLY WHEN IT DID IT! The guy turned on his machine and as I was looking at the playfield and it's shots, that's when it did it. And other than at that 1 time, I never seen it do it again. I do hope it also works with the game play, or even just randomly in attract mode. It's too cool of a feature and a lot of programing for it to only happen once at start up.
That R&M feature is definitely cool. Especially that how it's integrated into the game play itself. I still think the spot light is much better though. I mean, that thing goes right up onto the back glass and looks seemless. It's just so awesome.
Thanks for all your responses back Obsessed
I appreciate you brother.
Someone should post up a video of the spotlight feature here so that others who don't have the game or haven't seen it can understand what I was talking about and appreciate how awesome it is.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/320#post-6546029

#24077 1 year ago

Damn damn damn… I think my Slash hat light never worked too!

2 months later
#24789 1 year ago

Hey JJP… when will we see this GNR code update???

Seems like everyone is just waiting for it.
9DA1D55E-9944-4786-B41F-4CA1CFE168C7 (resized).jpeg9DA1D55E-9944-4786-B41F-4CA1CFE168C7 (resized).jpeg

#24845 12 months ago

I’ve owned GNR since October of 2020. I wouldn’t exactly call it crying. It would be nice to see the update after having this machine so long.

Inquiring about a code update that’s been talked about, for like a year now, seems reasonable to me. Even though it falls on deaf ears… I doubt JJP reads anything on this thread anyway.

#24867 12 months ago
Quoted from holminone:

I'm going to bitch and pile onto the need for a code update... I "love" this game but also have grown to hate it. I love the experience it provides, but I hate the effing slog nature and dissatisfying nature of it. It seems SOOOO EFFIING easy to fix.... PLEASE JJP... REWARD ME for feeling like the effing rock star I feel like when I'm playing fabulously (and the opposite... don't reffing insult me with shitty scores and jackpot when I feel like I'm playing well)... When I'm kicking ass, juggling multiple balls, hitting shots... GIVE ME SOME EFFING POINTS for crying out loud. It shouldn't just be band frenzy. It should be related to a LOT of things (you have a EFFING MULTI CORE PROCESSOR capable of conducting BILLIONS of calculations per second. SHIITE for crying out loud. COUNT some SHIITE- challenge yourself. Use time as a variable. Count time I'm juggling multiple balls without draining. Count time I have balls hitting shots near simultaneously while I don't have any locked and give me some reffing points for the effort. Measure the time between simultaneously excellent shots and reward for EXTRA for when I dial in two awesome shots in near succession during multi-ball. GET EFFING CREATIVE and NON LINEAR for FUUUUCHS SAKE. GEEZ. Go take some math classes if you need to. But DO SOMETHING. This shire has to change. I don't want to sell it but eff.

Fuc#in A brother!!!

You said it… exactly what it feels like with scoring when you play this game.

Love my GNR but it could be so much more better with a simple scoring fix.

I hated it at first and was going to sell it but I forced myself to ignore the scoring and settle for what it does. Plus my wife convinced me it was a great game and she is always right… seriously though it is an amazing game.

But, damn it if the scoring doesn’t still bother the shit out of me!

#24877 12 months ago

Good stuff guys. Makes sense and although I have a good idea of how the rules work in GNR I’ll admit I’m not completely aware of how all the rules work… probably far from it.

I think my highest score I achieved on my machine was like 36 million. I know I’ve had some bigger jackpots that would’ve landed me a higher score but unfortunately I wasn’t able to cash them in. Most of the games I have are usually in the lower 3 to 10 millions. A lot of times it feels like I had a great game but not a great score. But one thing is for sure, every time I have a great game (low scoring or not) I always walk away feeling like this pin is amazing and it’s a keeper.

If the code stays the same that wouldn’t be the deciding factor, for me, to keep or get rid of it. But, I do feel like a lot of people would enjoy it more if the scoring improved.

1 month later
#25403 10 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Attention PanzerFreak
JJP made a post on their Facebook page earlier today about Godfather, Toy Story and Guns N' Roses all being available for order.
Someone commented "Is gun's and roses going to get new code to balance the game? Not in this lifetime lol" to which JJP replied "all you need is just a little patience. "

Patience starts to wear thin after YEARS of waiting…

And if we’re picking song titles for this stuff, Stern’s on new code would be… It’s so easy.

3 months later
#25994 7 months ago

What about new code?

Is the correct place to post about when we’ll see new GNR code?

3 weeks later
#26072 6 months ago

In game audits why would there be a big discrepancy on games started to games played?

I’ve never restarted any games on GNR.

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

2 weeks later
#26144 6 months ago
Quoted from imnitguy:

Can anyone confirm if a JJP GnR LE will fit in a 2007 Honda Fit base? I am going to pick one up tomorrow and I would rather take my Fit for gas and rain reasons but I need to be sure it will fit. Thanks for any immediate feedback!!!

Your width of the cargo door should be plenty, the height opening will need to be right around 32 or 33 inches. The length may be a little tight according to what I see on your vehicle dimensions. You have about 52” on your Honda fit and the machine is easily the same if not a inch or two longer (with the shooter).

It may fall through your vehicle though, this sucker is heavy!

2 weeks later
#26267 5 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

GnR 2.0 is released! Not sure if this is much different than Beta 35 but we have new code.
[quoted image]

Is this an early April fools prank????

#26278 5 months ago

Sooooo, an update that's NOT actually an update? What are the actual benefits of this so called "update"?

This…

Quoted from daveyvandy:

Well now PanzerFreak can at least reset his counter

#26327 5 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Me? I’m a first run OG . I’ve fixed more spotlights than we have fingers and toes.
I’ve seen it all:
Playfield pooling, washers, PETG washers, ironing the damn playfield to fix pooling, owners fault! (That was priceless), larger posts, flipper angles (is backhanding the left ramp to collect patches cheating?), blue nubber replacement, terrible scoring imbalance, SDTM from guitar lock, Mylar peeling on drumsticks, magnet coil thermal switch failures, constant tweaking of orbits and scoop, weird communications error pop ups on screen... I think that covers almost all of the hot button issues over the years. Oh yeah, there was a time when their code update broke Wi-Fi and freaked people out. Good times.
I was really hoping this last code update would have fixed what everyone complained about code wise. Unfortunately naming it 2.0 means to me they have put this code to bed.
Oh well. Great light show and a blast for guests to play

How many plays does your GNR have?
I’m OG too and have about 1200 plays never had any failures

1 month later
#26708 4 months ago

He could look like a hairy ball sack… music is still amazing!

Now if JJP could drop a real #ucking game code update that makes this pin even more amazing!

We’d be good!

I’m hanging on to mine and hoping this happens, one day!

Oh and while they’re at it, maybe they can add Sympathy for the Devil, wizard mode!!!

#26711 4 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

For a minute I thought you we're going to say you are swapping. Phew!

Whatchu talkin' bout Willis? It's not there?

Whatchu talk’n bout? Willis…

Are you telling me that song is in the game???

Don’t tell me I’ve owned this game for 3 years and didn’t know that song was in it!
Say it ain’t so.

#26714 4 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

NSFTD is the final wizard mode. Others have played it.
Couldn't tell you anything about it because I doubt I'll ever get there.. At least, not in this lifetime.
My only hope is the modified settings that I've got now which have changed the game completely for me totally different feel. So now all I need is a lot of time.

So…. Just did some research.
Turns out we’re both right.

I don’t want to say anymore than that though.

#26716 4 months ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

The final wizard mode doesn’t have the song Sympathy for the Devil, I wished it did as it is one of my favorite songs, much better than The Rolling Stones version, but don’t think it will ever happen as I’m sure it would be a licensing nightmare and Slash really hated recording it (rumors have it that it was the song that broke the camels back when they split back in early 2000s)

Yep!
That’s what I didn’t want to say.
The wizard mode is named NSFTS but unfortunately the song is not in it.

BTW…
Sorry if my posts led to this spoiler and disappointment about the song not being in the mode. It looks like a really cool mode though!

#26723 4 months ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Hey gang! Sooooooo, wifey just gave me the green light (woohoo!!) and I’m close to pulling the trigger on a NIB LE. This could be my first JJ machine and I just want to know what I should be aware of in purchasing this game. Are there any playfield issues I need to be aware of? What are must have mods for this game? Will I need any type of playfield protectors of any sort ? Or will I be good to go out of the box ? There’s lots of posts in this topic for me to go through and I’m gonna give it my best shot but any help from you all would be great!

Beer goes really well with pinball! Get plenty of beer!

Congrats!

1 week later
#26809 4 months ago

Don’t worry guys you know JJP is working on a speedy fix for this problem. It’ll be in there next regularly scheduled update…

#26839 3 months ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I’m not sure. I haven’t really inspected that closely but there’s something going on for sure.

Probably something minor.

Like LTG said check the wires harnesses are not holding them up. Then just check for connections that are not properly seated or actual wire pins inside the connector not seated.

Good luck.

1 week later
#26886 3 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I feel like the flipper strength is just not good on my GnR. Even with the coil setting to max, cooling fans, and Precision flippers, I still find left ramp shots often don't make it all the way up or reject when the diverter is raised. Any suggestions? Maybe I just need to rebuild the flippers mechs?

Maybe this is worth asking, what pitch are you at?

#26893 3 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'll double-check but pretty sure I'm at a typical 6.8 (or close) pitch.

I have all my pins set to 6.7 usually.

Have had GNR 3 years now (coil power at 27 I think also, I don’t have coil fans) and I've always been able to make the left ramp from the right flipper. Even all the way into the guitar neck ball lock! I can also always back hand the left ramp from my left flipper. Flippers definitely don’t feel as strong as Stern but my GNR has always been solid on making all the shots in the game.

2 weeks later
#27017 3 months ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I’m having a Christmas Eve party at my house and I’m going to let people play my brand new GnR. I’m sure it’s going to be a hit, but I’m a little worried about how much it’s going to be played. It’s going to be a 4 hour-ish party, will the machine be ok if played for that long? Anything I should do to make sure it goes ok?

It will do fine. They will love it!

My GNR is 3 years old too and it performed just fine during my son’s HS graduation party we had this summer. We had about 75 people in our house (my pinball room always had about 10 to 15 people in it playing) GNR was a big hit and it was always going.

I hope you have a subwoofer on GNR so they can feel all the great bass. (Actually there’s too much bass after the last bs update ) still though an external subwoofer on this pin is a MUST!

1 week later
#27081 83 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

What was the original price on that?
Such a disappointing topper. Most are though.

Under $200

#27103 81 days ago
Quoted from wrd1972:

Has anyone removed the playfield from the cabinet and set up against the side like you can any B/W pin? Looks like there is not enough wire length to the PF to do this. I simply need the PF out to install some new side-blad decals.

I have. There’s enough wire to set next to the machine on a table or rolling tool box like I did.

You definitely want a second person to lift the playfield out and to put it back in. Takes leas than a minute each time and makes installation of art blades super easy.
IMG_6139 (resized).jpegIMG_6139 (resized).jpeg

IMG_6140 (resized).pngIMG_6140 (resized).png
1 week later
#27205 69 days ago

Scored this baby for $120 on my local FB marketplace today!! Barely used! Even though I already have a Pinwoofer setup, this is going under my GnR! I need that bass!!

These were sold at my local Costco about 2/3 years ago for a few hundred I believe and then they kept dropping the price because they weren’t moving or maybe because they had a lot of them. But definitely not to $120.

I snagged mine for $200 after they matched their lowered price.

This is a great subwoofer. I have one for my home theater setup in the basement. It rocks my entire house and it sits on LVP flooring with concrete slab underneath!

Might be a little overkill for a pinball machine but for $120 bucks, who cares!
Great purchase for $120 bucks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
12,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-obsessed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.