Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

380 posts in this topic match your search for posts by romulusx. You are on page 1 of 2.
#348 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks like it but hardly needed to be honest as the ball barely drops an inch. Seems to work fine with what they provided no complaints.

Hey Yelobird how's the pin shoot?

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Looks like another multiball added (line 3). Here we go, hobbit’s 38 multiballs appears to have a contender.

You could order a AIQ instead

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Has anyone been able to successfully pair Apple AirPods Pro to this machine?
What is the trick? I know how to get into the Bluetooth menu and scan and make the AirPods discoverable.

Keith Johnson mentioned the Apple BT last night,I think he said they were aware of and working on game recognizing Apple

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from SaltyRunBack:

Damn....That LE is beautiful. Enjoy.

It is beautiful I hope they can use these artist again.Dirty Donny and Zombie Yeti turned Stern around.
It's funny because I just recently made a post about wishing Chris Franchi worked at JJP,and then I find out from his podcast he was contacted to do just that and had to turn it down!Anyway these new guys did some great work!

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hate to say but this pin is a minor let down.
Too many Multiballs and free play (ball save) add a ball overload, out lane ball resurrect.
Not story driven rules.
Fax Axl and old Slash plus 4 people I never heard of.
Hate the music notes when you roll over a part of the PF breaks into the song (can we disable that please!)
But all that said I’m probably buying an LE because it’s a box of lights and music and bling and to me that’s probably what I love about pinball.
Yes I love tough shots and rules etc. but the wrapping paper is just as important to me and what’s inside and GnR has a great wrapping paper.

You’ve implied and outright said nothing but bad things about a game you’ve never played.Its almost like your trying to talk anybody out of wanting this JJP game.Whats the motivation behind your post.Do you have financial interest in Stern,I can appreciate this or are you just a fan boy trolling?

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

How do you advance cities? How does that factor into getting to wizard modes?

I want to know how they got that cat to walk upright?

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

His name was mentioned in one of the streams I watched. I've seen so many I forget which one along with the name. I'm sure someone here will chime in. But yeah, I love the playfield artwork!! Top notch.
Edit: I thought they said Arian Buhler.

Check out SDTM GnR featurette

#730 3 years ago

Oh teh bucwheat

#779 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I think there will be HUO LEs available long before an order placed today is fulfilled. Especially with Zep coming.

I don’t think so

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I agree but also the reality of pinball is that you need to be comfortable fixing minor issues and lifting the playfield every once in a while. It’s just part of owning a pinball machine. ALL of them will require tweaking and repair.

Hey that shit is a lot better then chipping and pooling JP2 playfields

#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My mate spent $20K on a mountain bike and the chain fell off first ride.

Ha!

#1089 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It’s a good possibility that all LE’s will sell out by early next year.
That’s some serious cash injection into JJP... with that kinda cash that is on the table JJP should invest in getting the factory pumping out the games... Double shifts if they have too!
Get these games out before Stern release another title.. LZ.. I’m not concerned with, but you can bet that Stern WILL be looking at the games they have in development and picking one that WILL derail JJP G&R momentum.
Back To The Future... James Bond.... the hint at one of these games coming out will affect sales

I don’t think a ship the size of Stern could change direction that quickly.
And misdirection would backfire!

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Well, if I had a choice I would have wanted CE #069. Always been my favorite number for some reason.

If you were a hot chick I would care!

#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Adding pinstadiums to GNR is like adding fake boobs to Selma Hayek , it's just not necessary
[quoted image]

OMG now what were we talking about?

#1230 3 years ago

Now that is some badass pictures!

#1334 3 years ago

Let’s find out more about the machine that this picture was taken of?

#1391 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’ve been hearing about wear on the drumsticks... anyone think they will be an issue?

I can only speculate that after 6.25 million plays they will probably be the size of toothpicks!

#1451 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

This shit is stirring to make me regret letting go of a great Funhouse for this game

Did you sell to buy GnR?If you did I don’t think pictures of a very shitty BM66 should effect your decision

#1453 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

It’s the only pin I’ve thought about putting Pin-stadiums on to try and improve the light on the playing surface to trick my brain from seeing the ribbed imperfections

It looks like a plastic privacy screen from the 1950’s

#1464 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I actually traded the FH and 3K for GnR LE, taxes shipping and all so not a bad deal. I was thinking and hoping that they had gotten the
PF issues solved. Looking at that hole on that GnR makes me think they didnt. People can tell me all day long that that is pinball and its no big deal and dimples happen but I call bullshit. I have 20 something year old games without a dimple or wear spot or ink chipping off. That is just not giving a shit about your product. As far as the BM66, Stern has been putting out shit like that for as long as I can remember. I would buy another PF and get over it.

Yelp bird just said his playfield looks fine,it seems to me like the pooling pics could have been from a torched prototype.

#1471 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Well then its a good thing that the tech at Joystix is a good friend and is the one who helped me do the deal and get the FH ready to trade. I will wait for him to help me get it out of the box and let him play the first game because of all his help. he will update the software if needed and make it play perfectly.

And then you get to play,right?

#1476 3 years ago

I got to say it would be nice if someone like Keith from JJP could say something to ease concerns of the machines that are coming out now?I realize that can’t necessarily address the past issues but they need a spokesman here occasionally.

#1479 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

They don't say anything relevant on here....

Keith has been here from time to time to clarify programming and such ?????

#1482 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I tend to dance and jump up and down while playing Aerosmith, i have to say.

Like this

D8DFB038-6ABC-4531-AF6D-17DCD2177780 (resized).pngD8DFB038-6ABC-4531-AF6D-17DCD2177780 (resized).png
#1536 3 years ago

WTF?? Really? Sure that's not photoshopped?

Possible a proto or do they not label prototypes?

#1568 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah sorry not buying a game to see if I like it. Location is fine if they take care of their games. Luckily most do around here.

I know your avatar is the wacky Chevy Chase and I think that's probably his Fletch character,but the way he's holding his finger makes it look like he's getting ready to do a prostate exam?Yikes

1 week later
#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

One obvious thing too, designers only spend the time to use unique side art when the art is good. So when you find it, chances are the art is pretty good. See my post above for the handful of games this has been tried for. I only went back ten years and was relying on my memory banks.
Of course taste is subjective and there is at least one game with unique art that I don’t care for. But generally it adds to your experience because you have more of something good.

The GnR artwork on the playfield is so good does it matter that much?

#2328 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I chuckled at that - That Jaw is somewhat large

Quoted from Palmer:

I immediately think of this
[quoted image]

Me too those were called rat racers?

#2330 3 years ago

Yay that’s right I had a friend in the orphanage I was raised in who could draw that style perfectly,he called them Goomers

#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I KEED I KEED!!!!!
[quoted image]

Ok let’s stop with this one!

#2553 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It’s Guns and Fucking Roses. Never was “family friendly”

Wow fucking Pinside is amazing!

#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Totally an opinion based on the past. I know Eric mentioned wanting to put simple rum bottles on the Pirates game and got shot down. Seeing the CE sign converted to flippers vs guns I made an opinion. No worries Matt provided a great solution.

Rum bottles and the you know Disney mindset now days

#2625 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Oh goodie, more stuff to look forward to soon
[quoted image]

Wait what????

#2645 3 years ago

It’s pinball man!

#2659 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What , $1 games and the Big Pineapple , you guys sure have it good
[quoted image]

The giant pineapple is way cool!
Route 66 cool

#2665 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's what Paul told me too, but he told me it should be leaving 'early' this month, but that was a week ago. So looks like after xmas we'll see them.

If the games have been crated and loaded,how long does it take to go from port to port?

#2668 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Hang on and i'll goolge that for you.

Wow was this sarcasm?

AB5DF427-DA49-4DC1-BEE2-27ED46492388 (resized).pngAB5DF427-DA49-4DC1-BEE2-27ED46492388 (resized).png
#2670 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No, if it was sarcasm i would've used the lmgtfy link. I honestly went and googled, took a screen shot to help you as you asked.
Is it that you are not used to people being nice to you?

Dude sorry for the smart ass response thank you

#2692 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Palmer hope you feel better soon and test negative for the covid. Having some extra days for the clearcoat to cure will be a good thing. Good luck, you will have it up and running soon.

Maybe he can take it out of the box and wait for a couple months for the clear to dry completely?

#2700 3 years ago

Gotta ask, were you working on anything, or installing any mods before the sound went out?

First thing I ask is what did I do?

#2706 3 years ago

Rose approved of the cool hat

71B5597B-B811-4DFF-B1E9-8C9C8A0CAFA8 (resized).png71B5597B-B811-4DFF-B1E9-8C9C8A0CAFA8 (resized).pngFCA8B189-AD92-4F2E-AB79-34D0C8D53F31 (resized).pngFCA8B189-AD92-4F2E-AB79-34D0C8D53F31 (resized).png
1 week later
#2975 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I agree for sure.

Scoring issues has always been something Keith and crew have revisited to make fair and more balanced.

#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I second this ... and depending on the wait, I might anyway. JJP's has great marketing, but their sales communication sucks!

JJP has great marketing!Wow I didn’t think I’d ever hear anyone say that?

#2985 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Look at their GnR launch, look at their revised Social media presence, look at them extending into non-traditional media with the GnR launch. So yes, their marketing is working. Their communication and delivery suck ass.

I was being kind of a smartass because they were so bad at it in the past.Yes this GnR reveal changes everything!

#2987 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Totally agree. If I didn’t have a good relationship with my distributor, I would totally ditch my order and get one used / a year from now. They pretty much lied to the public by presenting an image of games falling out of the doors at launch. In reality, they appeared to have been working for quite some time to get that number of games ready and we’re all spoken for or going to Distributor show rooms. There weren’t many, if any, ready for the customers that lined up after the launch. I should have known better. Shame on them for deceiving us and shame on me for taking the bait. The silence now is not helping.

Lied to the public really I don’t remember games falling out of the doors or Eric telling us there was hundred ready to ship!I heard from the beginning there were a approximately 100 LE’s ready to go.
I will agree they need to do a much better job at communicating game deliveries!

#3019 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The GNR logo inserts spell “Guns N Ross” and that lights mystery.

Please tell me they didn’t spell Rose wrong!

#3108 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Here's a screenshot during one of songs in Jukebox mode with the setting Music plus Video & Lights.
[quoted image]

The translite looks good with the extra lighting

#3177 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My momma talkin' to me tryin' to tell me how to live
But I don't listen to her 'cause my head is like a sieve
The world's comin' to an end, I don't even care
As long as I can have a limo and my orange hair
And it don't bother me if people think I'm funny
'Cause I'm a big rock star and I'm makin' lots of money

I just googled Woolgollga to see if it was a real location.I pulled up pictures and wow nice view!

#3185 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You are getting a LE right? Why are the CE’s not in the line?

I think they’re running a batch of LE’s and gear up for all those CE’s with those beautiful shiny playfields!

#3191 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Look forward to seeing a CE one day. Also excited by thought of seeing a CE playfield in person.

I think JJP would be wise to show us the first CE off the line with a SDTM Zach close up at the factory.Also show the line full of this sexy beast!

#3260 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Well aren’t we nasty. Ok, it’s a nonstop issue with some. Feel better?

Yeah Mac I feel better now!Love me some crazy Pinside

#3284 3 years ago

I love just bringing pins into my garage cave!I do feel your pain though I use to take out cast iron tubs in one piece as a younger man

#3294 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Told the wife I would sell one for GNR... I’m in no hurry
[quoted image]

So,what do you think of your first JJP and more what about GnR?

#3326 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and what they want in a game .
I have limited space and money , so for me the whole overall package is very important .
I want a theme I like , a deep Keith Johnson ruleset , a few ramps and flippers , great shots , fun layout , call outs , art , theme integration , video and audio assets of the theme and for it to be fun for people who aren't into pinball as much as me .
Then there are the non gameplay features .
A quality cabinet , the high gloss decals , full length rails under the playfield , Bluetooth for headphones , new sensor switches , internet connectivity , free scorbit , awesome animations , the on/off switch in the proper place , the camera that puts you in the concert or takes a selfie with you with Slash , even the arm the LCD swings out on .
Reliability is a big thing for me as well , it has diverters and a spinning disc but they are kinetic , less chance for things to break down .
Has anyone mentioned it has the best light show ever put into a pinball machine
Game of the year ? More like Game of the 21st century .
To me GNR ticks all the boxes .

Testify brother!!!Totally agree GnR game of the year

#3330 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I didn't even get around to mentioning the symbols on the pop bumpers , the drum sticks ramp , the guitar head ball lock , the guitar string habbit trail , the cat walks , the awesome sculps , the guitar pick spinners that glow all different colours , piano keys that make different sounds as you roll over them , the articulating spotlights , the album covers on the spinning disc , the second LCD which shows actual video from the concert .
Talk about a world under glass .

Now your preaching to the choir brother !

#3341 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There’s just too many owners for it not to win.
My personal opinion on game of the year (and I’ve played all 4):
GNR > R&M > Hotwheels > ....................AIQ.

So are you saying GnR is best?

#3343 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Of those 4 pins, yes. R&M is really close, what a cool game!

That’s what I thought but the dots threw me a bit and I peak at your pin collection.Thanks for being real instead of a fan boy.I have 2 JJP’s but I can easily say I enjoyed DP and JP 2

#3347 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Rick and Morty is like JP2 for me. Good game to play and shoot, but the repetitive callouts do my head in and i wouldn't have them in the house.
Shoot the left ramp and get to the garage. Fuck

One shot games get old quick!I loved Bride Of Pinbot but after owning for a while I’m ready to sell her.

#3360 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Here’s a wild guess - they were trying to figure out the problem.

Lol just what I was thinking.God damn it it took a fucking week what the hell is wrong with those people.

#3371 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why? Almost everyone in this thread doesn’t have the game. Club threads are for owners and fans. Always have been.

Quoted from delt31:

And it's official. GnR in the house. Mirrors look great on these. Got them from cointaker.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m officially calling this Friday Night Lights

#3440 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Awesome. Yes the three in-lanes are VERY important when cycling through and allow you to collect patches quickly if you are paying attention. That one key detail took me a few weeks to figure out!!

This sounds a lot like Wonka discussions with us trying to figure out all the complexities that is Wonka!

#3738 3 years ago

Beyond what I figured out in my original post, no, unfortunately not. The biggest issue on mine was the brightness being up to 90%. I turned it down to zero, and would have went lower if I could. That brightness was washing out the color of the whole screen and still is to a small degree.

Eric should set the best standard for screens and then each screen should be checked for picture quality on the QC line.

#3768 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’d like to see some polish on the lighting effects on some songs as well. Picky perhaps, but some have a bit more zing than others.

Each songs lighting was designed by different programmers.

#3832 3 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

450 arrived this weekend, built in Dec a few days earlier. Not surprising a very beautiful game, extremely detailed, strategic game play. Absolutely amazing LE artwork, these tour posters are incredible, much more glossy in person, happy with it. I hooked up a Polk psw10 through pinsub ms posi taps and sounds amazing! Could leave it as is and wouldn’t need much of anything else. Gonna try one of those hologram toppers. Congrats to all receiving.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Should be a nice contrast of games?
Let us know how they compare later of course.

#3863 3 years ago

The GnR to Led Zeppelin comparisons will be full speed ahead in just a few minutes.I want to be first to say the artwork on JJP GnR kicks the shit out of LZ in the art department!Led Zeppelin is the greatest rock band of all time,but I think GnR kicks their ass when it comes to pinball machines.I reserve the right to modify my opinion over time but I don't believe I will need to!

#3873 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Genuinely considering either Zep or GnR.
Still think Zep will be the better shooter.
But, GnR LE vs Zep LE?
GnR LE is just head and shoulders better in every way.
I mean, it's not even close. Wow.

Well it’s just the truth that anyone can see if they’re honest!Is your avatar from Crime of the Century?

#3884 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Got these today and wants to share. liorillusion is an incredible talent. Absolutely beautiful.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude that is sic

#3932 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Pinball is fun, I've played quite a few machines and enjoyed some more than others. GnR is the only pin that put a permanent smile on my face the whole time I was playing it. It's fun, I'm not going to over analyze the shots, flow, art, music etc..to me it was instant fun and that's exactly what I want from a machine.

That’s the best kind of reveiw!!!

#3938 3 years ago

Somebody with skills should do a side by side comparison pics of GnR LE and LZ LE playfield and overall view to show the differences in art style!I hope JJP continues to pick and use talented artist

#4089 3 years ago

That's the first time I've seen this particular video and all I can say is it's a home run

#4198 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I wonder how Eric is going to feel winning game if the year with this masterpiece?

One thing is for sure Jean-Paul will get animations of the year!!!
Twich IE pinball now

#4199 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Slash put his cigarette out on your PF! One of a kind!

Dude you beat me to it

1 week later
#4548 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Thanks for the info, so is around 7 degrees when the top of the bubble is touching the 3rd from bottom hash mark? I know the manual says touching the 2nd from bottom hash is 6.5, but my digi level is totally untrustworthy and I'm back to bubbles at the moment(: I feel like as I came down to 6.5 that pop bump stuck spot got stickier, whereas steeper it was easier to gently nudge it out to the right.
I'll have to look closer at what you're saying about the spinner, I just thought there was too much wiggle room on the right side of it and a slow ball was getting wedged in the gap, again my thought was more speed/pitch could prevent that but if the spinner is sticking then thats a different issue I need to address.
On the diverters I'd like to know if other ppl have used any kind of lubricant like what some ppl put on spinners? Otherwise my plan has just been to play the heck out of it (not hard to do!) and see if I can break them in a little before it goes into our parlor.
That left drain's a monster too it totally reminded me of Guardians/Star Wars when I first got it so I bumped that post up, I'd rather folks on location have the best experience to want to keep playing, its tough enough for anyone just stepping up to the stage! At least I know Karl has the game at home so I don't have to worry about him putting up long games at my tavern(:

Get one of these and a moderately priced torpedo level and you’ll be in business

AAD46187-A438-4651-BC94-6AA1083C95AA (resized).pngAAD46187-A438-4651-BC94-6AA1083C95AA (resized).png
#4594 3 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

This is just one benefit of purchasing your game from a trusted distributor - the good ones are unbelievable advocates.

You got that right!I had an early Wonka that was a real lemon I called Zach @ Flipnout and he worked directly with JJP to work it out.By the way I still love playing it!

#4596 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe he'll be one of the surprises people find in their game ?
LTG : )

For tech support?

#4613 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

October 5, 2020 - GNR trailer! Pin release of the century! Amazing game and marketing job by JJP! I call my distributor and order a game.
94 days later ...
Jan 5, 2021 - no game and not expected to ship for a month or two.
Yes, I am whining about a luxury item, a toy. Someone get me some cheese!

If your talking about a CE I’ve got plenty of cheese here for you if your tired of waiting?

865FA707-9466-43DC-8027-4EC0019A0695 (resized).png865FA707-9466-43DC-8027-4EC0019A0695 (resized).png
#4616 3 years ago

It so beautiful!!!

#4636 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

What is this?
[quoted image]

Wtf?

#4647 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's a joint dispenser. Blunts out the bottom and scoobies out the top.

Does anybody want to venture a guess what the hellthe white switch is for.

#4676 3 years ago

GnR artwork looks great from the pictures on this site.I haven't had a chance to see in person and was curious from actual owners what they thought?

#4682 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

But hows it play? Lots of interesting ratings.

IE Pinball steams can show you the ins and outs of gameplay and this cat knows how to play!

#4684 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I second that. Jesus Christ he is a good player. I was like damnnnnnn when I saw his stream.

It’s not just that it’s the quality of the audio and video.Also the angles and how the display the field and lcd’s

#4701 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

My guess is a software or firmware update from JJP is necessary. No doubt the technical team is on to it.
Edit , just realised Kermit recognises the problem as well.

This is true

61A28EC1-D0D6-4A1B-B7D8-EFD9040045D7 (resized).png61A28EC1-D0D6-4A1B-B7D8-EFD9040045D7 (resized).png
#4932 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I pull the VODs for exactly what Skip said. Not a fan of anything having muted audio, and better to pull anything where there's a DMCA chance since Twitch doesn't have the best track record for dealing with DMCA claims. There aren't any live takedowns yet thankfully and hopefully Twitch never reaches that point.
About YouTube uploads, I generally only put the best games up there to not crowd that channel, and try not to post the same game over and over again. For these, unless something extraordinary happens, it's live viewing only.

What’s your opinion on whether you think more experienced players will enjoy GnR for an extended time?

#4971 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Hope this is true. Finally decided to pull the trigger on a SE and then saw this on the Jersey Jack site and my distro isn’t taking new orders either. Hope this is the case, don’t mind the wait- perhaps back on the line this Summer?

I bet they’ll be back on line around late March early April.

#4997 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

That has happened to me quite a few times. It'll just get stuck in that right corner hitting the pops over and over again. Horrible way to lose a jackpot!

Keith and crew should address this,I know on Dialed In and I believe WW when your in timed modes and then enter pop bumpers the timer stops.

#5003 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

CE coming in the morning from R&L. Can’t wait to join the club.

I’ll bring the beer and coke just tell me how to ge there!!!

#5006 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Well, it’s an 80’s pin, so all that’s missing is a stripper to do the coke off of.

Reminds me of my youth!And they said coke was not addictive Haha

#5009 3 years ago

This fat Axel argument is hilarious.
In an over enlightened woke ass country we can still make fun of a middle aged white man!

#5011 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Must be a bunch of young body builders on Pinside.....

Oh that’s right it’s been awhile since I’ve been to a pin show!It’s amazing how good of shape everyone was in

#5018 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

If you’re a GnR fan and don’t know this show.. watch it... immediately
Love the way he intros Slash

Wow lots of energy!I used that snake move on the dance floor the chicks loved it. Good music bad the video would be so grainy.Check out this one on You Tube see if anyone knows the intro song?

IMG_1084 (resized).PNGIMG_1084 (resized).PNG
#5020 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You might want to leave now. I’m in va.

I drove 22hours to pick up my first pin Whirlwind two days before Christmas 2007

#5124 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

We specifically chose not to honor this because it is very specifically tied to the timing of the songs/video. So Applause and Slash Solo won't change in this regard, because they are synced up to external events (the song). Think of it as part of the charm (damn, should've cashed out when I had the chance!). Encore is still a good reward because you don't have to requalify the song.
However, we probably WILL put in the ability to cancel jet action by holding the flippers, but that's not in there yet. And it will most likely only work during times that really require it, like Applause and Slash Solo.

Thanks Keith

#5165 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Friday night Fun in MN![quoted image]

That’s probably the first time I didn’t look at GnR first lol

1 week later
#5420 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

LoL GnR will be my 3rd pin. Started collecting at Christmas. I’m hooked.

Welcome to the club!!

#5431 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Joining the club end Thursday or Friday of next week, weather permitting, picking up a standard edition. I went from having no JJP games to getting 3 in the last few months, Dialed In, Wonka and now GNR.

You have chosen wisely.

#5617 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ok I’m on a roll today, here’s another easy high-impact DIY mod for your SE
I placed some clear domes over the bulbs on the stage and it really enhances the lighting and adds depth to a pretty flat area. I used some carefully applied double sided clear mounting tape and it looks awesome.[quoted image][quoted image]

Sweeeeeet!!!!

#5643 3 years ago

I try to be grateful for what I have but seeing these I’ve joined the club is making me jealous!

#5690 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Also added LED strip around the translite for even lighting. Did the same with Dialed In and Wonka.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is the translite mod lighting yours?

#5694 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ll piggy back off that; what are the chances Guns n Roses plays a halftime show at the super bowl? Hopefully in my lifetime

I would be looking forward to halftime more then the weekend!
At least last year we had Shakira shaking that fine ass

#5816 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

i have my LE arriving next week and am living in Europe. Just could not wait and took the hit. Do not think i will regret it. Feeling like a kid waiting for christmas.

I’m jealous

#6087 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Those left ramp targets are brutal no doubt! Straight to the outlanes often! And yes, the time to react to those hits is basically nil.
AFM (original WPC) just has those slingshots that literally throw the ball back and forth, and alien targets that give big airballs, screaming fast orbits, etc.
JJP slings and flippers are way softer in comparison. Sluggish even.

Can’t the rubber and settings be set up to kick it up.I’ve found that games like DI and WW are sometimes not set up properly.Mine are set up fast and my buddies commented how much faster

#6104 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you downloaded it from the USA mirror, please try the EU mirror. Maybe you got a bad download.
Try a different USB stick if you can. The game might not like the one you used.

It sounds like the dude needs to back away have a beer or two and tried again later!

#6113 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

How will that fix it?

Sometimes when I’m doing complicated plumbing and tile layouts I have to walk away relax and come back at it.It jousts my little brain a rest

#6164 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Average out at just under a 24 pack a day. Only mid strength though.

We will just say our goodbyes now?
Lol 24 cans a day?

#6173 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Gotta die of something.
I'd rather die from having too much fun than die from being too healthy. Got a text from my neighbour at 3.02am this morning telling me for the sake of friendship to turn the music down
It's all Ando's fault i tell you.
Pinwoofer going in shortly, stand by for todays meltdown.

So right!Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we may die!

#6277 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Love these shooter rods, i'll have to buy another batch as i only have one left now and got a Theatre of Magic last night that needs it.
So much better in the hand than a plastic knob.
[quoted image]

That is cool have you got everthing working ok now?

1 week later
#6519 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

That is an amazing line up Neil!

Yay no shit that’s a killer collection!

#6609 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So after collecting a song jackpot the flippers go dead? That’s normal behavior.
Collect applause jackpot —> flippers die —> encore sequence plays —> ball get ejected into the shooter
Maybe I’m missing something.

Quoted from cybevenom:

My GNR is feeling right at home. Gameroom upgraded and GNR is taking over.

You be Rockin!!!

#6658 3 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

Pic's or it didn't happen....

Ha I was thinking it it but was leary of asking.lol

#6867 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

One game and it was probably only my 20th game ever on it and to add insult to injury the crowd sensor board is shot so no make some noise multiball. I expected deep deep code since its Keefer but seems they spent alot of time on songs but not depth if your like me and try to destroy a game. Ill have to look at my score tonight when i get a chance but i think it was only 25 million or so. I know we've talked about SW premium before and that games got more depth to make it to the end then GnR, im stunned!!! My best on SW is 7.5 billion as a reference.

It’s stunning isn’t it?If you had purchased the LE version I would buy it off you right now!

#6887 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Its great to have a battle and fun time with a pin that can stick it to you when you make a mistake or get ripped off with a cheap drain, IMDN does this really well. Also a great feeling when you kick the games ass and you get rewarded

Quoted from Psw757:

I wouldn’t expect them to not since they mfg easily 3-4x the amount of machines in a year then any other mfg.

Is this the GnR owners thread?

#7149 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Our favorite Pinball Podcaster is going to have a field day with the lack of QC from JJP on these Software Updates...first they break the Wifi...then they break the game. I guess I’ll be waiting a while to update....

Kind of a surprise here didn’t know you were a JJP fan?

#7219 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're averaging just under 50 a week, and the CEs are still under 300 shipped, so probably safe to say the sum total made of SE, LE, CEs so far is less than 500.

Seems like that number should be closer to 900.

#7269 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're averaging just under 50 a week, and the CEs are still under 300 shipped, so probably safe to say the sum total made of SE, LE, CEs so far is less than 500.

Seems like that number should be closer to 850.

#7367 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They weren't at 50/week from the start. CEs are less than 300, for sure, based on serials from recent deliveries. I doubt they've even matched that with LEs so far, but once LEs are back on the line and people post their boxes with the serial as they get them we'll know for sure.

I took slow start up into consideration

#7370 3 years ago

It’s good to hear the downloads are getting alittle smoother.On the SE washers I think clear would have been a better choice

#7388 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I'm waiting until Desert Demolition is coded and hopefully a fix for the magnet code before I update from 1.08. Nothing but a headache for virtually no gain the past few weeks on code. These mini updates seem useless, as all they are doing is fixing newly introduced bugs.

Sourpuss!

#7412 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

To a fanboy like you, I suppose. I'm just pragmatic and can actually see both the good side and bad side of things. I know owners threads are supposed to be all positive hype to some people, but honest discussion is okay imo. And yes, I own the game and like the game. Have you even played it yet?

Discussion is ok but your input is pretty much always negative.

1 week later
#7745 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A> Starting the video with "Yeah, hey, I'm Slash" was unexpectedly charming. Is there anyone with interest in this video unaware of what Slash look like?
B> Didn't know Slash called JJP and not the other way around to get the jjGnR project started.
C> Hearing Slash say "and so on and so forth" was worth the watch alone.

That was pretty sweet how the band checked in to thank everybody involved.I do know that Slash actually had an interest in the 1994 machine being made.I could never be too cool to not want to be on a pinball machine!

#7846 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

you better stream her playing the game that way then.

CITPP

#7861 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Maybe JJP will eventually have a fix for this, but they sure aren’t acknowledging it openly yet.

I’m sure Keefer & crew is looking into it.I know you’ll probably call me a JJP fanboy but they do have a record of fixing issues like this

#7864 2 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I reported my magnet wasn't working and they sent a replacement. Should I install it or wait until software/hardware are updated?
Anyone here know what could be done to utilize the magnet less, to make the coil/resistor last longer? Not sure if that's a software issue... It would seem like the coil/resistor would work as many times as needed for a certain amount of times. Is this a bad batch of hardware they have with the combo they sent me?

I don’t know about this particular problem but I do know for certain these types of issues do come up.
I had three DI playfield screens before it was resolved,the good thing was Frank just kept helping until we got it right!

#7874 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Which is what I did with the first 3 issues with my game. BUT, many people are posting "when does the magnet activate"? So should those questions be ignored by those of us that know? Should I just post GOTY videos all day long? Sometimes, when there is a known issue (let's say the spinner on LZ), a company says "we realize there's an issue and we're working on a fix". Some companies don't I suppose. But, wow, one can't talk objectively about a JJP problem without the fanboys taking offense. Every single time. Owners of the game are asking questions and the question is being answered here.

Don’t act all butt hurt and then go back to LZ thread and trash talk GnR.oh yeah I’m a fanboy so don’t bother saying it!

2 weeks later
#8521 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Dude just fuck off. I'll discuss my issues with my game if I want.

Fortunately those are from an early run.Fortunately Sterns didn’t have this issue?

#8524 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern has absolutely had this problem (and warped playfields, both concave and convex recently) to varying degrees on Jurassic Park and newer.

I was being a smartass!The above JJP criticism was just out of the blue from a collection that’s all Sterns

3 weeks later
#9617 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

If you put down carpet you just inherited the task of vacuuming so there's something to be said for keeping it low maintenance. Just open the garage door and fire up the leaf blower and all good!

Get this they don’t stink!

C34AB74C-0D72-4CD4-A000-70EA1A3E867E (resized).pngC34AB74C-0D72-4CD4-A000-70EA1A3E867E (resized).png
#9768 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Definitely pass on this game.
Move on to another thread.

Move along troll!

#9789 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Move along troll!

Psych?

#9988 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Again, its not Mirco that is the issue here. Mirco did not create the artwork going under the posts, JJP did. JJP is the one’s at fault, not Mirco. They only do what JJP tells them to do and work with JJP artwork. Mirco did not create the artwork that is under all the posts. Everyone else in the industry does not put artwork under the posts now. JJP has done this for years and has not changed their process, so the results are always going to be the same. JJP could change vendors and still will have same issues. With a JJP PFs, it is not a matter of if, but when will the PF go bad.

This is a owners thread!

#10072 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This is the very least they could do to restore some kind of good will. It’s hard to believe almost any amount would bankrupt a billionaire owner. Fixing all these defective machines is the only thing to do. Can’t blame friends that now don’t want to take delivery, for fear they’ll end up sorry out of luck. So unfortunate and how can anyone enjoy playing a game with such a large purchase, that has ugly constantly staring them in the face while playing? No customer should have to pay for a replacement, but then again, aren’t the replacement PFs going to potentially have the same issues? Toy Story was on the radar, but not now.

Toy Story on your radar?Right

2 weeks later
#10832 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Anybody documenting all the washers changes vs playfield dates? I’m lost
[quoted image]

Is Vinnie on vacation in Bora Bora?

#10877 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Guys be sure to get the Cliffy for the center scoop… I lost a large flake of art off the front of mine last nite… the Cliffy (and a little glue) will repair and cover the damage but DON’T TRUST IT! Protect it.

Is your avatar from the Sega Genesis game of the same name?
My first son and I played the hell out of that one !

#10900 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The name is from the Genesis game, but the avatar Judge Dredd on a ColorDMD in honor of my first game.

That’s cool I was meaning the name and I recognize the pic.That’s one of my first games and one I wish I had back!

#10952 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Love this game but I have no idea how it works after 6 months
I went into a song with 163 level song value and got an applause jackpot for 15 million... then I go into encore with a song value of 13 and I get a 45 million jackpot
I don’t get it!

Your first sentence is funny as hell I felt the same way about Wonka,even after Zaphx broke it down.But I still got higher scores!haha

#10969 2 years ago

This should be fun!!!

757BA855-535A-486D-8D6B-5116E65FE47C (resized).png757BA855-535A-486D-8D6B-5116E65FE47C (resized).png
#10975 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Hmmmm, fly to the GnR show or stay at home while the in-laws visit... decisions, decisions...
Btw, charge your phone!

I know what I would try to do!
Thanks for heads up

#11182 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

$199 plus shipping

Great price!

#11220 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

How about trolling somewhere else and stay the hell out of the owner's thread with your incessant bullshit.

Right on brother!See you later Jimmy!

#11339 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Really? Are they 'working their hardest to get this resolved'. From what I hear they had this problem in the past. That does not lead me to believe your statement.
Do you have a playfield issue and did they solve it? I have a unit that they claimed had a fix, that fix made the pooling further out from the post. Now the new fix it plastic washers under the first fix.
What do I expect them to do? I expect them to ship me a new playfield.
Regardless of their absolutely ridiculous warranty that doesn't warranty anything there is a Consumer Rights Act. It says that any products you buy must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose as described. They are in breach of this Act. A pinball machines playfield is the most important part of the game. If you bought a car and the hoods paint started chipping off you would not let them mail you a sticker to cover it, would you? That is exactly what they are doing here.
They are also not at all friendly or apologetic. I wrote what I felt was a pretty damn friendly email, got nothing of that in return.

Have you ever studied GMCand Chevy peelers?

#11352 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Yes I had a chevy truck peeled paint and the paid dealer to repaint it!!!!!!

What if it didn’t start peeling until it was 5 years old and your rolling down Hwy 41 and large chunks start to pass your face as your doing 75

3 weeks later
#12172 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Thank you for sharing. Gives reference to where production is currently.

So that’s approximately 1600 units made?

1 week later
#12647 2 years ago

Sweeeeeeet

#12648 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Don't worry about Neil , he's a big Led Zeppelin fanboy .
It's funny how he talks about jjp quality with chipping playfields but never brings up Led Zeppelin playfields being warped like bananas , you can't mylar against that

This is true try going over to Led Zeppelin owners thread and make one negative comment.He was enraged that I said the artwork sucked compared to GnR.Can you imagine my nerve to say such a thing.The whole bunch went apeshit on me.Somebody my me aware that an owners thread was not the right place for my comments.I listened and learned.Some Stern fans need to practice what they preach!

1 week later
#12860 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

LE 1704 has been delivered. I ordered 12/16 through distributor.
[quoted image]

You’ll be rockin in the free world!

2 weeks later
#13398 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Huh?

#13442 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Nut driver will work better than a Phillips to loosen and retighten the screws to adjust the scoop. I did not need to remove the upper playfield

Magnetized nut driver!

#13444 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'd go with any other option that doesn't support JJP.

Hey man this an owners thread there are a hundred threads right now on Pinside to bash JJP!

#13452 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Hey man, i'm an owner.
The question was asked and i gave my answer, it's not about bashing anyone, it's about not supporting a company that doesn't look after their customers.

I guess I’m just exhausted reading all the negative shit on Pinside!

#13469 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I highly recommend this set for adjusting leaf switches.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK
Attach and bend as close to the base as possible.
Don't use needlenose pliers; they will twist the switch.

What he said^^^^^^^^

1 week later
#13743 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Ok , so now my spinning disk record looks like a real record. I stuck small Phillip's screwdriver into center of decal and got the wobble gone. Now has a perfect hole in center just like a real vinyl record

Nothing wrong with a little hole.

#13751 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You don't want one in an organ, or a tire. Disaster in a boat or plane.

Uh ok?

#13770 2 years ago

Check the up vote?

#13776 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

No problem at all.

Hey man it looks like your birds have flew the coop!

1 week later
#14414 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

The last time I asked my distributor they said JJP gave them a pretty rude answer over the phone. When they called and asked for any information on when my game might be ready to ship they were basically told, "you're lucky we sell to you and you'll get your game when we decide to ship it to you." Between this and the playfield issues that JJP doesn't seem to be helping customers with, I don't think I'll be dealing with JJP again. They burned me on the many light board issues on my WOZ and now this. The customer service in that company is really lacking in my opinion.

You should probably just cancel your order?It will probably just get worse from here on out?

#14445 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure they have a no weapon policy at this convention^^^^^^^

#14530 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Omg, I pondered that for a good 28 seconds or so before it clicked and I belly laughed so fast I choked! Priceless.

I did the same that was funny!

#14544 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It is when I'm writing the sentences.
And my original BAC comment was not a verbal jab of any type.

Good luck.

#14556 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Geez. Get off each other’s jocks. The BAC is clearly a joke but probably not funny to a recovering alcoholic. But, English is English, and slang is slang. And the formal definition of jab (slang aside) is generally negative. A rough poke of something sharp isn’t pleasant.
And for the record I tend to agree with the fade. Not noticing and not happening are two different things. I would bet my house and firstborn that every GNR fades (scientifically and qualitativey for those sensitive to it) when you play deep into a game save for games with PinMonk’s fans.

Not part of the argument I was just wishing Vespula good luck!

#14587 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Might be your actual USB stick. JJP pins are picky about them, and I don't know what the criteria is for USBs that are ok, and ones that just do not work. If you have some other brands around, try that.

I think PNY 8 or 16 is the one mostly recommended

#14834 2 years ago

That’s a nice topper!

#14879 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Whenever my GNR arrives I’m definitely installing PinWoofer and an external sub. Dan sells an add on for the GT kit that provides a line-out for a sub with volume control inside the cabinet.
I did this to my Deadpool and holy s*** what a difference! First time I turned on DP with the new sound system my wife could hear and feel the pin from the other end of the house, on a different floor, and thought the neighbors were hosting a backyard party

Quoted from cybevenom:

After 3 broken servo motors (2 times the same one) i got tired of it and switched them all to the emax servo's which zaphx recommended. Out of the box they allready feel heavier and more durable. Time will tell. Just glad to have the can light working again in full swing during the songs.

Eric should change vendors if possible!

#14894 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Waiting for the next update so this version of Rocket Queen can be added to the adult mode.
Besides, what's better than a rapping Axl?
(Fast forward to 3:30 for his quick rap verse)

What did he say?
Nevermind just kidding

#15039 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Next time? Why would you put yourself through this playfield issue again?
There'll be no next time for me and JJP.

Yea we know already .

#15041 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I’m also done with all the PF issues at JJP, till they are verifiably fixed, with proof of at least a thousand plays and minimum of a year in service. Plus an actual warranty backing up JJPs claim the issues are fixed. It’s getting old that we the customers are being accused of causing the many JJP poor quality PF issues.
[quoted image]

Is that a picture of you Jimwet I kind of visualize you like that.Oh hey somebody said something negative about Godzilla’s artwork better get back to work.

#15045 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Are you on JJP's payroll?? Broken record.

This is a JJP GnR thread so when trolls like Jimwet come in just to take pot shots at people who like GnR I will speak up.Go to Godzilla thread and read his responses to everyone who says anything slightly negative about Stern pins.I wish I was on JJP’s payroll I could use the extra income with inflation being what it is right now

#15095 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My first guess would be that it's installed backwards.

I picked up a Doctor Who about 9 years ago for $900 because the Time Expander motor was wired backwards!The previous owner was frustrated because it didn’t play right he said.I miss the good old days

#15130 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I finally rang my distributor to ask him if he knew when my game was coming , for the first time since I ordered in November .
He said it was on a ship
And now for the long trip down under , at least another 5 or 6 week wait
[quoted image]

In a world and time where things seem to move so fast!

#15378 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Tazzie always gets forgotten about , hopefully it pays off when China invades us

Wait..what..The Chinese are coming the Chinese are coming!!
P.R2021

#15390 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Every post you make is negative. It gets tiresome. Try embracing some positivity?

Good advice hope he takes it!

#15575 2 years ago

Next question is why don’t they fix the problem at JJP?

#15588 2 years ago

Because on JJP’s, flipper fade is
[quoted image]

Is this your step dad?you really don’t seem to like him very much

#15589 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yeah, what PinMonk said.
Any more questions?

Lol

1 week later
#16112 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:I imagine getting the rights to use it may be an issue since GNR didn't write it. I'm actually surprised they were able to get Live And Let Die into the game for the same reason, I think Slash was able to pull some strings with Paul McCartney.

That’s exactly what happened.
You tube Flipnout GnR first intro video

1 week later
#16664 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Authenticity.. pyrotechnics at a gnr rock concert and It clearly says high voltage. No surprise.
[quoted image]

You beat me to it!

#16665 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

I’ve gotten plenty parts and quickly after talking to Steve and Frank when he was there.I think the expensive playfield problems is where they’ve drawn the line unfortunately.They should make Mirco replace every fucking one of them!I’m tired of the dragging on and on.Fix it already so we can just talk about how great the games are

#16732 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Only complaint is audio sux, but pinwoofers will be here tmrw or Wednesday so I'll manage

Congratulations first JJP?

#16811 2 years ago

Invisiglass appears to be on my LE

All JJP LE’s and CE’s have Invisaglass

2 weeks later
#17676 2 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

No what that means is that I will probably sell or trade the one I have.

Sell the GnR to me cheap and buy a couple Sterns for your collection.

2 weeks later
#18181 2 years ago

For GnR music fans: I just saw a bit on NFL Network advertising their new song Hard Skool being debuted tomorrow morning on NFL Network

1 month later
#19081 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Fantastic light show, great sound, nice art package, nice jukebox mode , filled with wank factor but forget what it was meant to be! a pinball machine and when it does it plays like a dog.
3 different machines now and someone ask3d me , GI or GNR . Gilligans all the way, NO CONTEST.
Most overhyped pin out there .
Aussie pub bands for the win. AC/DC is, was the tip of the talent ice berg.

You lost all credibility with:
Gilligan’s Island>GnR LOL!!!!

#19179 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

So at this point you just carefully back up?

7 months later
#22688 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Short answer is we don't know. It *seems* like the volume of posts about bad playfields with chipping, pooling, and clear coming off has dramatically lessened since late summer of last year, but some people have still reported problems with their Fall 2021 GnR playfields - a LOT LESS, but some. I haven't seen any posts about similar issues with Toy Story 4 playfields, and mine was fine. So...maybe.
Mirco KNOWS how to make bulletproof playfields. He did it with Hobbit. It's just slower and more manual steps (aka more expensive). Maybe JJP FINALLY gave him a long-overdue ultimatum to go back to that method or lose their business? Hard to say. But whatever they did, it seems to have helped.
So I don't know if this extends to Mirco's repro playfields, too, or is just for JJP playfields that get a better process and extra care now, but the situation seems to have improved.

I think JJP finally gave them an ultimatum after they found another resource in case they didn’t get their shit together!

1 month later
#23225 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This is probably the best playfield art JJP has done to date. Even came with the mylar sheet.[quoted image]

GnR is beautiful!Hands down one of the best looking pins of all time.

2 months later
#24023 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Here’s the Rick and Morty spotlight effect.
Ehh… maybe GNR is better
Both very cool though!

Your right the GnR intro is better!
That is hands down the coolest ever

4 weeks later
#24295 1 year ago

Just got my gunners!Thank you Zach @ Flipnout Pinball!
What’s the best way to run speaker thru to cabinet bass speaker lol
This is the most beautiful of pins!

#24297 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Wait.. 2 years and almost 200 posts later... You get the most active lurker award! Congrats on both achievements!

I’m busted!Somebody has to defend JJP games from the haters! I’ve seen and played this pin a time or two.I finally let go of my beloved Dial In for this beauty.

#24319 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Seller was understanding & willing to help me pay for new invisiglass. He says he didn't know & I believe him. He's got good reputation here. Maybe the previous owner did it. & it is jersey jack standard glass. Has this been known to happen from the factory?

My buddy’s Wonka SE came with Invisiglass.

#24324 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to fix my playfield problem. GNR was my first pin...I've since bought a Rush, can't believe what a better machine it is compared to the JJP mess. They promised to send me a washer kit, but after waiting forever, they told me they wouldn't be sending it because they changed their policy. My family really hasn't played the game much in the last year.. don't want to make the issues any worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Is this your Rush?

EF9E48A4-9A2A-4ECD-B199-BD0167A4F831 (resized).pngEF9E48A4-9A2A-4ECD-B199-BD0167A4F831 (resized).png
#24352 1 year ago

Is there supposed to be a spotlight on the Axl and skulls sculpt?If not I think there should be.In the past I would use the Pinball Life spots with the incandescent bulbs.Anybody added something and how did you do it?

#24380 1 year ago

Where do I specifically find these three settings?Are they grouped together or individually?Thanks

BDB9E161-2868-4317-90A5-FA0A8A0DAAF9 (resized).pngBDB9E161-2868-4317-90A5-FA0A8A0DAAF9 (resized).png
#24383 1 year ago

What to do?Can’t shake it out.

4C6BDD12-0A2A-4240-921E-DF326ACE585D (resized).jpeg4C6BDD12-0A2A-4240-921E-DF326ACE585D (resized).jpeg
#24394 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me where the setting is to disable the magnet please? Also is there one to disable spotlight movement? I can't find either setting.
</blockquot
Already asked above

#24429 1 year ago

I keep reading about all of the beta testing and I have a question.
Is this all done in preparation to release a compiled update?

#24447 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I don't mind GNR but they are not really at their peak performance these days, are they?
Hell I bought a Rush game only knowing one song and honestly owning the game made me more of a fan.
I don't even want to tell you what I spend on POTC and those movie SUCK! LOL!!!

Wtf is wrong with you man this is a GnR owners thread!At least he’s actually singing instead of lip syncing like most so called artists nowadays.Oh I’ve played Rush and GnR smokes it for lunch

#24454 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely could be a lot worse...

Is he singing in Portuguese?

#24457 1 year ago

New owner here!Since GnR has been in the lineup the wife has started playing pinball again.We’re actually learning the rules together.Anyway my son Andrew came over and fired up GnR and played four games straight.When he finished he turned around to me and says Now that’s the every music pin should be!Damn that was fun!

#24467 1 year ago

It looks to me that there’s a tiny amount of clearance when you pivot metal over Cliffy protector?

#24472 1 year ago

My buddy and I were talking about the bang up lighting and animation job they’ve done with GnR.Can you imagine what a Pink Floyd game could look like?I might start doing drugs again or at drinking to a mello buzz lol

#24475 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What to do?Can’t shake it out.
[quoted image]

Still getting stuck!!Anyone else experience this issue?I’m at 6.8 degrees.I guess I can put all new balls in and try that.Have others had issues with this game doing this?

#24480 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your wireform looks higher up ( or guitar part lower ) than in my game.

It looks like there’s only two nuts at the lower part of wire form and a single screw at the top?

#24482 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It looks like there’s only two nuts at the lower part of wire form and a single screw at the top?

I think I have the answer now thanks to MikeS.I didn’t realize the strings lifted out of upper playfield
I like to ask to many questions before I start lol

#24483 1 year ago

I think I have the answer now thanks to MikeS.I didn’t realize the strings lifted out of upper playfield
I like to ask to many questions before I start lol

DONE!

#24485 1 year ago
Quoted from ConstantDrain:

When you reattach the distal end of stings (above and the the L of the L flipper) make sure they are not torqued to one side or the other. I tried to center mine to drop more centered in the in lanes. By doing so it raised the L side of the rail ever so slightly and the ball would get caught.
You can lift the whole pinball machine and tilt back and the down and this will unstick the ball.

What Lift the machine up lol I felt like it but I didn’t.I thought of centering more but thought it might do what you said. I’m glad I asked about removal it’s much simpler then I thought

#24486 1 year ago

Does anyone know what triggers the divertor on the right ramp by the speaker stack?

#24488 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I think it’s triggered by “on the road” and when the inner loop or coma shot is needed during a song or mode

Thank you sir

#24503 1 year ago

Spent a little time the last couple of days looking at foo fighter threads.
I think the funniest post was saying It’s the best rock pin ever lol
Only eight songs and appears to look like Rock & Roll Scooby Doo!

#24507 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Well... gotta be consistent and truthful. FF does look pretty good and, IMHO, the best band attempt by Stern.
Still expect to prefer GNR.

It looks like a super fast shooter and a fun pin But GnR kicks rock&roll ass!!!

#24545 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You bought the game to use as a jukebox? Would just buying GNR’s greatest hits on cd for $10 be a better option if you hate the gameplay?

Just joined the Gunners club recently and tonight the first time I fired up the jukebox.Not just music but concert footage and animations!
Oh and the crew here play the shit out of game!

#24565 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Eskaybee is the real deal. Very thoughtful, comprehensive list of tweaks to settings we all have right now that really works to make the game more enjoyable.

It is definitely an improvement.Now bring out the code updates!( not beta)

#24575 1 year ago

Is that Pinball Jesus?

#24709 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Panzer, if you contacted JJP via email, text, phone, billboard, radio ads and etc to mention code updates as often as you do here, maybe they’d do something.
pinball_keefer please spare us from Panzer’s disappointment and his constant reminders and help save us from the madness.

Right on brother!

1 week later
#24827 1 year ago

A little help please.I got earbuds for a gift how do you connect to GnR Bluetooth?My Wi-Fi is connected.Also does Wi-Fi stay connected until you disconnect?

#24829 1 year ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I never could connected with Apple Earpods; other BT Headphones like Jabra works, also external BT speaker

I got these connected but the volume level was pretty low with the pin pushing too volume

#24843 12 months ago

Volume on my ear buds is pretty low on my GnR.Volume is maxed out to get anything and still weak.
Other owners have this problem?
Any ideas?

#24857 12 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mine is like this. I think someone mentioned to try swapping cables or reseating cables or something. I still haven’t bothered investigating but open ears lol.

More about cables helping if somebody wants to chime in?

#24889 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

The beta code fixed this issue for me.

Thanks

#24890 12 months ago

I don’t have the patience to look thru the ever disappearing topic post lol so…My center scoop has just started to not kick balls out the way it use to Sometimes I have to wait for it go thru the troubleshooting routine and then it kicks out.Only happens sporadically at this point.
Do I need to adjust or clean something?

#24893 12 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Go into switch test mode and check that the cherry switch in the scoop is triggering correctly - drop in a ball and make sure the switch goes green. In my case, the metal tab on the cliffy (that wraps under the pf) had bent slightly and was preventing the ball from sitting flush in the hole and triggering the scoop switch.

Thanks a lot sounds easy enough

#24908 11 months ago

Anybody hear Jack at the TPF seminar mention how many GnR’s they’ve sold?

#24915 11 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I was listening to Kaneda's Saturday morning TPF walk through and he talked to Neil McRae who mentioned that a kit might be coming out to improve the flippers on past JJP games including GNR. I hope that's true!

Who does Neil McRae represent?
I thought maybe CGC but not sure.
If Kaneda is right this time(?)this is good news.More for my GnR then WW.

#24941 11 months ago

New owner so I realize this is old news to most here.I had issues with three items that were hampering my enjoyment.The center hole was tossing ball SDTM and the cherry switch had become erratic.The upper right flipper important for center loop shot was difficult.
I cut my teeth in newer pinball with Whirlwind’s upper ramp so I got adept at these shots.Anyway took advice on washers under center hole mech and noticed the two set screws for coil had falling out.
Did repairs and cranked up upper right flipperand man this is a new fucking GnR’s!!!!Love it

#24943 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Love old news.
For me if center scoop was going sdtm, I would look at loosening the two screws holding the scoop shield in between the snubbers and pivot it to an angle that throws it to the left flipper and tighten down. That shield is adjustable.
Glad you're getting it dialed in and finding the enjoyment we all share! I was right there with you when I got mine.... Excited for you because it gets waaaaay better from here as you get deeper into it... Ask me how I know! Smart purchase

Right on brother!

#24947 11 months ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Totally at a loss, but my distributor has always been awesome, so will see what they say tomorrow. NIB game, playfield will not sit in, no matter how much force is used. Just will not line up with the lockdown bar receiver. Axel came with a busted arm, cab graphics bubbled, invisiglass scratched. Never had a NIB with so many issues before

This sucks what is the number build date?Mine born March 22 and is perfect.

#25011 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

Heard back from Ken at JJP. He said the CE topper plugs into the blue wire 2pin near bottom left corner of backbox and the light strip on computer case plugs into one of the yellow/black 2pin connectors. I’ll switch it around tonight and hopefully be back up and running. Swapped in a Bose sound bar for the CE sound bar and added a Polk sub. All connected with some Pinwoofer accessory boards.

There goes the neighborhood!!

1 week later
#25215 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not that surprising. Some GnR owners are tired of waiting for the code to be polished and maybe expanded a bit and there are a LOT of new pin options top jump to. GnR pricing is really great on the used market right now if you're a buyer...
Also, if you're in the market to buy, ask if the seller got a spare playfield. JJP was offering new spares at 1/2 price, and many owners did it for insurance. You may be able to get that made as part of the deal.

When I was looking at getting a GnR part of my decision was a gamble that they would update code.
I knew it was a gamble but the pin is so fucking cool and beautiful I couldn’t resist any longer.
I traded my 5 year old DI for it.
I’m happy with deal because I had played out on DI?
Keefer please finish code on GnR
you know it needs it and I’m sure it keeps you awake at night so just do it!!!!

2 weeks later
#25355 10 months ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Thinking about just changing up the collection. I’d love to try a godfather in the collection

I’ve thought of selling a lot of stuff for The Godfather!!

#25359 10 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Your collection is pretty sweet. If it were mine, I'd probably get rid of the Godzilla. Or maybe the RCT. I said I was going to get rid of something for my Godfather, but I've yet to do anything. I'm working on making more room again somehow instead.

I sold a couple pins and opened up some slots if you want me to babysit for awhile.

#25375 10 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

So after not playing Pinball for about 10 to 14 days, I know, I deserve to be in the doghouse for that, I play Guns N’ Roses tonight. On my last game, I blew a 35 million point jackpot on welcome to the jungle and the screen comes up to enter initials and says “hey buddy, want to sign your name?” I said, “no, I fucking don’t” and just hit end without typing anything. Duff fires back with “Have a bad day?”
Unreal. So many fine details on this game. Duff knew I was pissed.

Had a buddy from way back come to visit.I showed off pinball collection highlighting GnR.I pushed play to show him the cool left to right spotlight intro and didn't put ball into play.A couple seconds later Missy shouts Shoot the fucking ball already!!The look on his face was priceless lol

2 weeks later
#25484 10 months ago

Attn.Keefer and Eric!!
If your working on code tweaks and changes drop us a hint

Nevermind you already did

4 weeks later
#25577 9 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I want to give a shout out to everyone in this thread.
It was incredibly helpful to search multiple topics on upper playfield removal, how to (un)install my Cliffy center scoop, and everyone’s Cliffy experiences as I thought I was the only one having issues with the center scoop.
My center scoop Cliffy protector was lifting off the playfield surface when the tab was screwed down, but when I unscrewed the tab, it would pop out into the scoop, not allowing balls to register.
I removed the Cliffy and went back to the OG protectors. It’s a much smoother experience now and all balls register.
Thanks again for the help everyone! It would have been a painful process without your information.

This is what makes Pinside great!!!

#25578 9 months ago

On another note.The GnR t-shirts are cool and I want one lol.
Is the product that Lengendary sells good quality?Is XL a true xl or not?

#25583 9 months ago

Thanks for all the input!I think since I’m usually xl I should probably get the xxl.I’m being careful because this isn’t Amazon Prime.

2 weeks later
#25622 8 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

WOW !! That's way more details than I expected. Thank you so much for that. I have a latest built 2021 Wonka LE and not a single thing malfunctioned since I got it 5 months ago. I don't mind putting my hands under the hood once a while. GnR seems pretty reliable from all I've read. Found one NIB (latest 2022 built) for 9000$ so it's pretty hard to beat that. It's only 8 hours from my home so ... no big deal.

Will go get it man!!!

#25648 8 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The only thing they really did with the new code was REMOVE Scorebit which at this time, there is nothing in place of it. To me, it seems like they are moving backwards with taking features away, rather than adding new ones.

I’m hopeful that real soon they’re going to carpet bomb us with new code!!!Besides Keefer and Ted who’s doing the programming?

#25719 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You better believe it!
JJP were fantastic as well. Shout out to Steve!

Steve is da man!!!

1 week later
#25842 8 months ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

One JJP and no more, it's the worst pinball that i have, all time problems, imposible to play without any alarm or failure.

What made you feel this way?

#25903 8 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I didn't like no left ramp to hit from the bottom flippers and I hate pops on the orbits .
And the Playfield looked in horrible condition .
I wasn't a fan of GNR but the whole package sucked me in , I don't like Maiden because of the layout and I also played Foo Fighters today and I didn't mind the game , it was easy to understand and the shots were good .
These are all personal opinions but I think we can all agree Rush is the ugliest pin ever made

Led Zeppelin?

#25919 8 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Bond? Zeppelin? I think those two look worse than Rush. GNR looks better than any music pin ever made.

Amen brother GnR slays all others including AC/DC LUCI!
Some of the best original artwork on any pin!I loved Yeti when he first came out (he saved Stern)but it’s getting old.Godfather is also a great package.Franchi’s cabinet work is phenomenal.Franchi needs to be on Harry Potter with David Thiel on audio!

1 week later
#25978 7 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Ok this is getting good.

Now we need the gif of Brad Pitt character from once upon a time in Hollywood throwing Bruce Lee into the Lincoln suicide door lol

#25981 7 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hahahaha you wrote that Romulusx 2 seconds before I post it

Great minds think alike!!
And my next thought is Warriors on Max from the Bruce Lee mindstorm

1 week later
#25996 7 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

For code updates I would contact PanzerFreak

Don’t poke the bear while he sleeps

1 month later
#26102 6 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and we hope to see you back here real soon screaminr.

Any updates on our buddies condition?

#26132 6 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

They only filled 50-60% of the stadium, the Illness excuse is BS. The ticket prices were very high for this market and no offense to any fans but The Pretenders being on the bill didn’t help much either (at least imo). I would’ve considered going if Alice n’ Chains was on the bill.

That is a strange front band for GnR
But not as strange as Hendrix fronting for the Monkees lol

#26135 6 months ago

Chomping at the bit for football to start and decided to play some GnR in honor of screamir!Had one of the best jams ever since I got this beautiful game.

#26140 6 months ago

I don’t get the negativity?This game is a piece of artwork!I’ve never cussed at any game as much as I do this one lol.I’m still learning new things and the machine is beautiful at the front of my line up.
I worried about trading my 4.5 year old DI for this but damn it was a great trade for me!

#26143 6 months ago
Quoted from imnitguy:

Can anyone confirm if a JJP GnR LE will fit in a 2007 Honda Fit base? I am going to pick one up tomorrow and I would rather take my Fit for gas and rain reasons but I need to be sure it will fit. Thanks for any immediate feedback!!!

Do you have a tape measure?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
380 posts in this topic match your search for posts by romulusx. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=romulusx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.