Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 560.
#11351 2 years ago

How the heck do I get the attract mode to show all the high score pictures from the camera taken with slash?
I saw it once and now it's gone through three attract modes and it's not doing it anymore.

#11352 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Yes I had a chevy truck peeled paint and the paid dealer to repaint it!!!!!!

What if it didn’t start peeling until it was 5 years old and your rolling down Hwy 41 and large chunks start to pass your face as your doing 75

#11353 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

How the heck do I get the attract mode to show all the high score pictures from the camera taken with slash?
I saw it once and now it's gone through three attract modes and it's not doing it anymore.

On PotC you have to manually advance the attract mode with the right flipper button rapidly if you want to see it sooner. Probably similar for GnR. If I remember right it was up to 5 cycles.

#11354 2 years ago

That would be the gas caps on my harley.

#11355 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

What do the ce blades look like? Can't find an image.

Maybe someone with a CE can post some photos of their side blades? Thanks.

#11356 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Wait one more? I think it's every 4 cycles. (You can force the issue by stepping through the cycle faster with either flipper button.)

#11357 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Maybe someone with a CE can post some photos of their side blades? Thanks.

IMG_20210618_233437 (resized).jpgIMG_20210618_233437 (resized).jpgIMG_20210618_235342 (resized).jpgIMG_20210618_235342 (resized).jpg
#11358 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I had one post to try from a friend. Which worked perfect so now ordered these, Metal Post Stud 8-32 x 1-3/4". Hope they will fit. The longer the better.

Where did you order your posts? Thanks!

#11359 2 years ago

and this is what you mean about post, Correct?

#11360 2 years ago

These are the JJP side blades. Goes more with the CE side decals but still better than black sides.

EA893F4D-C77B-457A-9EDD-BFA439582E83 (resized).jpegEA893F4D-C77B-457A-9EDD-BFA439582E83 (resized).jpeg

#11361 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

These are the JJP side blades. Goes more with the CE side decals but still better than black sides.
[quoted image]

I think they will look great on your LE. Looking forward to seeing pics of them installed!

#11362 2 years ago

For those of you who may have ordered the first run of the Pinstadium concert editions, all I can say is be prepared to be wowed! I installed mine last night and hot damn are they impressive!

I never felt like this game needed more lighting (obviously) but I loved the idea of adding more "spectacle" and these things absolutely deliver that in spades! They light up parts of the game I never knew even needed it and the effects are perfectly synched with the hotrail LEDs. The colors these babies throw across the playfield when you hit the guitar spinner and pick shots are fucking incredible!

Outside of the Pinwoofer addition, I think these are right up there for one of the best mods for folks to consider. I'll try and capture some video over the weekend, but not sure I'll be able to do them justice! Install took about 30 minutes but 20 of that for me was installing the new mounting hardware so that they sit above the playfield and not directly attached to the sides.

On a side note, since these tap into the hotrail LEDs and come with a separate power supply, I also think you could tap into this system to drive any outside LEDs you want to mimic the internal lighting sequences as well. Just a theory but for now but I think it would work.

#11363 2 years ago

This mod got a lot of bad press so you are the first I've seen saying it's worth it... Their marketing looks a bit deceptive and may not have been the best representation of actual quality. If they are nothing more than two strips, one on each side up by the glass then we can all do that as easily as adding the cabinet LED that is being discussed here for about 30 or 40 bucks added on to the cost of the cabinet parts.

Loving the possibility that everyone is wrong and looking forward to video and pics for sure!

#11364 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I also think you could tap into this system to drive any outside LEDs you want to mimic the internal lighting sequences as well. Just a theory but for now but I think it would work.

If they make mod for outside cabinet lighting , I would be interested in that , but I can't see how any more playfield lighting is needed , but if you can convince me , well....

#11365 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

For those of you who may have ordered the first run of the Pinstadium concert editions, all I can say is be prepared to be wowed! I installed mine last night and hot damn are they impressive!
I never felt like this game needed more lighting (obviously) but I loved the idea of adding more "spectacle" and these things absolutely deliver that in spades! They light up parts of the game I never knew even needed it and the effects are perfectly synched with the hotrail LEDs. The colors these babies throw across the playfield when you hit the guitar spinner and pick shots are fucking incredible!
Outside of the Pinwoofer addition, I think these are right up there for one of the best mods for folks to consider. I'll try and capture some video over the weekend, but not sure I'll be able to do them justice! Install took about 30 minutes but 20 of that for me was installing the new mounting hardware so that they sit above the playfield and not directly attached to the sides.
On a side note, since these tap into the hotrail LEDs and come with a separate power supply, I also think you could tap into this system to drive any outside LEDs you want to mimic the internal lighting sequences as well. Just a theory but for now but I think it would work.

Could you please share pictures of the Xeno mounts how you installed it? I just placed an order and I'm curious how they look.

Side note: you should not tap into this to drive any outside LEDs because the current draw will likely cause problems for the PinStadium controller (maybe even fry it). However, a separate power supply for any other LEDs is pretty easy to add in.

#11366 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image]

Where did you get those?

#11367 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Where did you get those?

From JJP through my distributor. I haven't seen them on the JJP website. I ask my distributor if they sold them and they confirmed they did so I ordered a set. I thought they may be exclusive to CE owners (as a replacement if they got damaged) but I have an SE and no issues ordering them.

#11368 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

This is what is did better then nothing,nylon sleeve reduced to a snug fit

It looks like rockrand has it right but just needs a longer post as has been mentioned.

#11369 2 years ago

Can someone please show me what you've done to prevent air-balls from the L ramp entrance target going down the left outline? I have seen something about this in the 228 pages but can't find it now.

When I first read about a fix for this, I had never seen it happen but last night it happened to me 4 times!

#11370 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Can someone please show me what you've done to prevent air-balls from the L ramp entrance target going down the left outline? I have seen something about this in the 228 pages but can't find it now.
When I first read about a fix for this, I had never seen it happen but last night it happened to me 4 times!

To narrow it down, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the last half of the 11,363 posts here if that helps. jk

#11371 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Finally, my anal note taking ahead of actually having a game pays off for someone

Also, props to Zaphx and I sure do wish he’d come back

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/179#post-6257557

#11372 2 years ago

Beat me to it... I used search and came up with this one...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/63#post-6241561

Added over 2 years ago:

Edit. Since this post, pinmonk had created and offered for sale on his store a very excellent professional solution for purchase.. link here:
https://pinmonk.com/products/guns-n-roses-airball-drain-barrier

#11373 2 years ago

oh, that’s from the collector’s edition forum, I’m not allowed in there

#11374 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Finally, my anal note taking ahead of actually having a game pays off for someone
Also, props to Zaphx and I sure do wish he’d come back
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/179#post-6257557

Sticky for LO airballs please admin

#11375 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

oh, that’s from the collector’s edition forum, I’m not allowed in there

If you're quick like me they won't even notice.

#11376 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

If you're quick like me they won't even notice.

That's what she said.

#11377 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

DIY for this is keyposted in the CE owners thread. I'm making plug and play ones now that are in final testing for fit that will be thicker than the 1/16" one in this earlier test fit.

GnR_shield_sml (resized).jpgGnR_shield_sml (resized).jpg

#11378 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:That's what she said.

You passed up commenting on "anal note taking" ?

#11379 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You passed up commenting on "anal note taking" ?

Brain doesn't work that way. I had to look back to see what you were referring to.

#11380 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

To narrow it down, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the last half of the 11,363 posts here if that helps. jk

i made a sort of shield for it which i shared here. since there was so much interest in it pinmonk has taken over the project and he is gonna release it soon i believe to order. Currently testing it. Like all things in this game, Patience is key.
I have not had any airballs draining on the left since installing it. Also no more ball hangups in my popbumper post since i put this little white overlay in. This was my prototype for it. I have refined it a bit after playtesting for 2 weeks.

20210531_185854 (resized).jpg20210531_185854 (resized).jpg

#11381 2 years ago

I noticed today my axl magnet stopped working. JJP is sending a new coil. For those that have put in a new one, did it last? Seems like it will just go bad again

#11382 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Brain doesn't work that way. I had to look back to see what you were referring to.

Anything goes in the outback.. I get it.

#11383 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]</blockquote

Thanks. Doesn't work for the le IMHO.

#11384 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

DIY for this is keyposted in the CE owners thread. I'm making plug and play ones now that are in final testing for fit that will be thicker than the 1/16" one in this earlier test fit.
[quoted image]

That's great. Please be sure to let us know when it's ready because I'll buy one!

#11385 2 years ago

Does no one make an apron monitor for GnR? I lose more balls during MB because I’m glancing up at the flipping PF monitor! (And on the main monitor on “It’s So Easy”, but for different reasons).

Apron monitor(s) would be so much easier to glance at! Come on modders! Take my money!

#11386 2 years ago

Here’s a pic of the mounts. If I’m being honest, I’m not sure they’re worth the money. I appreciate the fact you won’t have to remove the light bars every time you need to raise the playfield, but they still adhere to the sides. For me, the biggest annoyance about Pinstadiums is the width that the magnetic tape adds to the sides; especially if yours like me and can’t help but add mirror blades to every game you own! So for me the mounts are not a game changer, the lights themselves that’s a different story!

Quoted from daveyvandy:

Could you please share pictures of the Xeno mounts how you installed it? I just placed an order and I'm curious how they look.
Side note: you should not tap into this to drive any outside LEDs because the current draw will likely cause problems for the PinStadium controller (maybe even fry it). However, a separate power supply for any other LEDs is pretty easy to add in.

585015B7-883C-45C4-BBC8-B12D7BFE1FD9 (resized).jpeg585015B7-883C-45C4-BBC8-B12D7BFE1FD9 (resized).jpegDBA51816-4BE7-4877-A167-64B7031FAD6D (resized).jpegDBA51816-4BE7-4877-A167-64B7031FAD6D (resized).jpegF161371F-A0ED-4B05-A619-E890894A1711 (resized).jpegF161371F-A0ED-4B05-A619-E890894A1711 (resized).jpeg
#11387 2 years ago

Here’s a video of the new Pinstadiums in action. Mind you I had to record the video so this is just the game in attract mode! Songs are a whole other animal!

4A7BAE78-9700-4EB8-ADAB-02D3A473341F (resized).jpeg4A7BAE78-9700-4EB8-ADAB-02D3A473341F (resized).jpeg
#11388 2 years ago

So my game arrived at the Forward Air terminal 20 minutes from my house early this morning but they didn’t offload it till 1:30pm, they refused letting me come pick it up, and wouldn’t take a nice extra cash bribe to get a driver back in to bring it out.

Now I gotta wait till Monday to come after some of these high scores everyone is working on. A little frustrated with FA dropping the ball big time. Guess I’ll just have to spend the weekend re-reading some of the good info everyone’s putting up about scoring, rules and bulletproofing the game.

#11389 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Does no one make an apron monitor for GnR? I lose more balls during MB because I’m glancing up at the flipping PF monitor! (And on the main monitor on “It’s So Easy”, but for different reasons).
Apron monitor(s) would be so much easier to glance at! Come on modders! Take my money!

There was a guy a while back that posted a pic of a separate tv he was using as a topper that had the playfield monitor displaying on it. I’ll post a pic I took of his explanation. Still a bit confused as I haven’t looked at mine yet but can’t be difficult.

I’m sure you could find a small 4” lcd monitor that you could stick on the apron. Might need someone to 3D print a casing for it.

6DA1CD31-ED87-4BD5-B537-5DCBAEE90200 (resized).jpeg6DA1CD31-ED87-4BD5-B537-5DCBAEE90200 (resized).jpeg
#11390 2 years ago

Question. Does anybody else’s scoop seem to not always locate the ball? Mine usually works, and in test mode it activated properly, but several times now over last several games it loses the ball in the scoop. Does the switch loosen and adjust upwards more, or is this a code issue?

#11391 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

So my game arrived at the Forward Air terminal 20 minutes from my house early this morning but they didn’t offload it till 1:30pm, they refused letting me come pick it up, and wouldn’t take a nice extra cash bribe to get a driver back in to bring it out.
Now I gotta wait till Monday to come after some of these high scores everyone is working on. A little frustrated with FA dropping the ball big time. Guess I’ll just have to spend the weekend re-reading some of the good info everyone’s putting up about scoring, rules and bulletproofing the game.

…it will be a long weekend…… but next week it will be an amazing weekend!

This game is worth the waiting Sevenrites this game literally Rocks man! I’m sure that yours will be in perfect condition, please post pics next week. Cheers!

#11392 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

but next week it will be an amazing weekend!

No doubt about that!!! I’m definitely excited. Not gonna let some preventative maintenance needs ruin it either, I do whatever it takes to protect and preserve any game I get anyway, aside from playfield protectors. It’s already been 8 months, now I got a little extra time to make a slot for it.

#11393 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Question. Does anybody else’s scoop seem to not always locate the ball? Mine usually works, and in test mode it activated properly, but several times now over last several games it loses the ball in the scoop. Does the switch loosen and adjust upwards more, or is this a code issue?

Yes my scoop switch plays up all the time. I've had my tech guy adjust it a couple times now, but i don't believe it's an adjustment issue. Day or two later it starts working by itself.

#11394 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I noticed today my axl magnet stopped working. JJP is sending a new coil. For those that have put in a new one, did it last? Seems like it will just go bad again

I have a new magnet coil on the way as well. Turns out there is a fuse under the coil wrapper that blows. I guess it is not easily replaceable because they just mailed me an entire new coil.
Maybe they have addressed this issue with coding so it won't happen again. But I have no idea if they have or not.

#11395 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Did you happen to install the cliffy there? My cliffy wasn’t flush with the inside of the hole closest to the player and it caused the ball not to settle in the hole consistently. I had to remove it and bend it into shape to sit flush and it’s been perfect since. Maybe mine got bent out of shape in shipping.

#11396 2 years ago

I joined the club with my NIB GnR LE.
After one day playing I have an error - Matrixed Switche #35 "Lockup enter" (stuck open).
The switch&wires beside AXL looks okay; any ideas how to fix/identify the problem? (someone mentioned the foam which damaged the wires, but it looks good for me). Is this switch relevant, as the Guitar Lock works without problems?

Switch 35 - 4 (resized).jpgSwitch 35 - 4 (resized).jpg Switch 35 - 3 (resized).jpgSwitch 35 - 3 (resized).jpg

#11397 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have a new magnet coil on the way as well. Turns out there is a fuse under the coil wrapper that blows. I guess it is not easily replaceable because they just mailed me an entire new coil.
Maybe they have addressed this issue with coding so it won't happen again. But I have no idea if they have or not.

Pretty sure it's a thermal switch and not a fuse.

#11398 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I joined the club with my NIB GnR LE.
After one day playing I have an error - Matrixed Switche #35 "Lockup enter" (stuck open).
The switch&wires beside AXL looks okay; any ideas how to fix/identify the problem? (someone mentioned the foam which damaged the wires, but it looks good for me). Is this switch relevant, as the Guitar Lock works without problems?
[quoted image] [quoted image]

While on the switch screen, try activating the switch manually. Does it work with manual activation with your finger? If it does, it probably means the switch arm just needs to be bent a little so the ball rolling will activate it and it's not doing that now so the machine flagged it as a problem.

#11399 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

While on the switch screen, try activating the switch manually. Does it work with manual activation with your finger? If it does, it probably means the switch arm just needs to be bent a little so the ball rolling will activate it and it's not doing that now so the machine flagged it as a problem.

thanks for the fast responds.
I am not so expierenced. How can activate it manually (in the menu?). I manually rolled several times the ball through this gate (no action on the matrix screen tiles. Is it the wired gate or additional sensor?
ty

#11400 2 years ago

Got my game last night set up this evening, WOW this game is WOW #881 so far everything good outa box . THis box is so Bad Ass

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/228 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.