Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

253 posts in this topic match your search for posts by yelobird. You are on page 1 of 2.
#155 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

LE buyers..... Any timeline given on getting your game?

My LE will be here Wednesday. Just jump in your car and check it out lol.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is what I heard on the video right....the topper is also another speaker....

They have a stock 20" sound bar mounted up top behind the plastic sign. (on the CE)

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks I didn’t know that .I put deposit down on LE n just mentioned to him I would like to be down the line a bit so I didn’t have to sell a pin .So I didn’t actually get a number yet .

Hoping you called Flipnoutpinball Zach. By the way, down the line means your game will be there next Tuesday so Start Selling!

#335 3 years ago

GnR in the House. Loving it so far. If you like the band you got a game and a back stage pass with this theme. Amazing work Eric and JJP Team.

IMG_5846 (resized).jpgIMG_5846 (resized).jpg
#346 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Did u try connecting a sound bar to the game? interested in hearing if that works

No because I just got it and a sound bar is the last concern right now lol. Have a group coming over tonight so they can just listen to it regular loud.

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Looks like there is a mantis style protector on the center scoop. Can anyone confirm/shed some light on this?

Looks like it but hardly needed to be honest as the ball barely drops an inch. Seems to work fine with what they provided no complaints.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hey Yelobird how's the pin shoot?

Really a great shooter. I like most was a bit undecided with the limited play videos out there but Eric really did well on the shot map for certain. NOT a negative but a reminder this game should be considered a back stage pass. You really need to be at least a basic or more fan of GnR to fully appreciate this game as it is a Full on group game with nothing forgiven. Unlike most music pins that only cover animations and music this one is full on concern footage all perfectly executed via code. I will also note THANKS again JJP not a Single error, issue, or problem with the game. Plug and Play!!!

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

that looks awesome. But my first thought was Man those pins are close together!! I never want my hand to touch someone elses playing the game next to me hehe. Im also a big guy and need room to get between games for cleaning and everything....

I like to get creative fitting 45 games into a space for 40 lol. Never had any hands touching so no worries.

Had a GREAT night on GnR hosting a mini gathering for the Chicago pinball area and ALL Loved GnR especially Eric who was kind enough to pop over to show us how to play this amazing game. Honestly once you understand the rules and How to use the MB's to your advantage the scores and Fun just build. We all learned a LOT from Eric's guidance on how to light this game up and had a Great (safe) time. GnR is a winner no matter what model you go for honestly. First game oddly I can say I actually enjoy watching someone else play while I wait my turn as there is SO much going on and every mode is a new rock themed light show. Great fun love it.

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

2 Questions
1. Why so many (just kidding, I say bring them on!)
1. For real this time. Where is the magnet on the playfield and how is it used?
2. Aside from the logo are there guns in the artwork? I am stoked to see the art and the pin is focused on the band, instruments and music.
I'm in.

Magnet is located above the center roll over lane top of Playfield. (Axel).

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Poop. I keep watching footage, and feeling so conflicted.
I wish this was a widebody. I wish there was a flipper higher up, to get more shots in the upper half of the game. I wish the upper playfield felt like it had more meaning.

? There is an upper flipper on the center right that directly feeds a loop to feed the upper Playfield. Works perfectly

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This Bluetooth speaker would be fantastic up top on the LE, they look fantastic too. forget about the $60 soundbars, they sound like dog shit.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sweet! Nice find and share. Will be looking for that one. Like the extra sound but the Look is much better with this option. To be honest after playing the LE for 10 hours yesterday this game really Doesn't need much more sound or improvement. The speaker setup JJP used on this game is amazing.

#444 3 years ago

Pretty please JJP. As we only have 7 days to register this game for warranty, PLEASE add GnR to the game list so we can actually register the game.....

#451 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Link? Danke.

Haha! I bet you're covered. Chris from Kingpin has your back! Or front.
Did you buy via him again? Haven't seen him post in a bit.

Yes KingPinGames for the win. Honestly I always get honest, reliable, professional service from him so I see no need to shop around. He doesn't promise me or anyone things he can't do and follows through with anything he says. Good People! I suspect he like most distributors are scrambling to get this pinball feeding frenzy under control And staying clear of the forum till some of the dust settles on the mishaps with sales.

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

here's a little weird story.
I was talking to my brother about the GnR pin and he is not really a fan of GnR but he's a great big fan of Nirvana. So he told me did I know Axl and Kurt had a feud? I said no and he told me about it.
Anyway today I got a feed/link on my phone (not from my brother but just a spam link to this article). I had been searching GnR on my google but nothing to do with Nirvana, I think its weird that this article was forwarded to me. Could Siri be listening to my conversations?
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/guns-n-roses-vs-nirvana-a-beef-history-166180/
December 1992: Kurt Blasts Axl in The Advocate
In a high-profile interview with LGBT publication The Advocate, Kurt recounted the backstage encounter with Axl and again insulted Guns N’ Roses, as musicians and as people. He also called Axl “a fucking sexist and a racist and a homophobe, and you can’t be on his side and be on our side. I’m sorry that I have to divide this up like this, but it’s something you can’t ignore. And besides they can’t write good music.”

Let me guess, this story ends with Kurt wasn’t able to get a CE either?

#501 3 years ago

I think we all had that same laugh early on with the CE #. lol Don't sell this game or the LE short. It truly is amazing and you will Never see a light show like this on Any pinball machine even with 12 pairs of PinStadium lights lol. 5000 may come sooner then we expect..

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Fire Canon in tear down the wall mode. Maybe a few other things in album modes

And the light fuse challenge in Pyro.

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Wonder if that's any indication the Coma lock was going to be in the LE as well at some point?

Highly doubt it. As the LE and CE playfield are the same with the exception for some last coat glitter add my guess is they just stuck with one print for all.

#574 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

They were hand numbered and available only at shows. Usually around 150-250 a show.
You can find some of them on the secondary market on Ebay, forums, facebook groups, etc...
Which shows did you go to?

Do the fans throw rocks at the stage when the limited edition 150 lithos sell out? lol

#603 3 years ago

In leu of starting another GnR thread.... I have my first game complaint. I fear from the adrenaline rush and stimulation overload I may end up with carpal tunnel or a heart arrhythmia because of this concert creation! Dam you Eric and JJP, eventually my wife is going to find me laying under this machine while Axel sings me good bye and farewell. TOOoo much stimulation overload! I’m going to play a bagatelle to bring my heart rate back down, then try again.

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Don’t forget to look for my keys while your down there...

Still looking!

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

hey folks,
those of you who have got games how are the play fields?
Cheers,
Neil.

No issues, minimal dimples if thats your thing, and more importantly no pooling or peeling. Looks great.

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I purchased an LE, it will be a gift for our sister’s family, the husband is a huge GnR fan. I can’t wait to see their reaction to this thing, very excited about it!

A GIFT?? Best I got from my family is a wine basket. Talk about a great gift surprise congrats.

#682 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

Haha, we are the cool aunt and uncle with no kids

Are you looking to adopt?? lol Great on you. That sounds Very generous and super kind for the people you love and care about. I am Sure they will remember and Appreciate that kindness for Many years to come.

#710 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

There definitely is. I'd assume, hope options for both, for the CE?

Per the manual online the CE sound bar is hard wired. If I go soundbar on the LE (really not needed) I would wire it in direct.

#711 3 years ago

Had a Great time tonight at the GAP (Great American Pinball) open house. The entire JJP was there with the LE’s, and SE, and a half prototype CE. Amazing games and time meeting with everyone. After a night with Eric and the Awesome Joe Kats I now feel confident I fully understand all the rules and modes! Joe is Freaking awesome and loves to share their inspiration and creation. Even had a few Stern and CGC visitors enjoying the night which was fun. Without names, my fun moment was seeing the designer for the Data East Guns and Roses jamming out on Eric’s new 2020 game. Cool to see and awesome to see the respect from other designers. Great time for pinball and some amazing people taking it to the next level!

#717 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

So, I just got back from the cointaker pinball bash. I got a chance to play GnR for nearly 7 hours. I also got the GC score for the entire day.
If you don’t know anything about me, I am death save arcade on twitch. I have probably owned about 60+ games in the last 4 years alone. To include nearly every lcd stern, every JJP, most more than once, two aliens, a big lebowski and lots of the cool top 90’s games.
Anyways, all I can say is, this game may very well be the most fun I have ever had playing pinball, ever.
The entire experience is innovative, immersive, exciting, fun, fast, and just complete. It has everything pinball machines should have and gives a feeling or something I didn’t even know a pinball machine could.
To anyone buying this game or that is getting one.... get excited. This game is just......on another level.

Well said. It’s really hard to describe this game without experiencing it. Yes the videos show some game play and animation but this is Truly Not like anything anyone has ever experienced in a game before. Almost draws you in to some effect like your In the experience. I can typically review a game by a review play but this one is oddly different because the immersive experience simple doesn’t come across in video. As you get deeper into each song the mood just grows and your adrenaline to go further builds. Never honest thought a band based game could draw you in like this.

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'd be shocked if JJP got the CE's out by the end of the year....

Why? They said they were doing 100 LE, then 100 CE games. As the 100 LE games were DONE on announce and they do around 60 a week why Wouldn’t CE games start arriving by November as stated? Don’t look at past examples to judge Current direction.

#788 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

kermit24 jarozi yelobird
4. I think all playfields are the same (except CE Glitter obviously).
I noticed, from Kanedas post, that the playfield IS different. Artwork wise. Numbers 7 on both sides of it... has extra artwork. I’ve never seen different artwork on a playfield, that’s model-dependent. Has that been done before? Also noticed there’s green plastic by the outline bottoms compared to blue on the other models.... the promos kept mentioning the purple plastics instead of red, but this set of plastics at the bottom is also different.
[quoted image]

Yes I believe this was confirmed several pages ago. Yes, they are different.

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Drumstick issue is now settled. Lets stop beating it

But the drumsticks are Not Red! lol

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

With all due respect, why on earth would you think they didnt have a warranty?

Because he read it somewhere on Pinside so it Must be true!

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

LE #315 arrived in southwest suburbs of KC today. Ordered directly through JJP website Monday morning when they started allowing purchases (~ 12:30 cst). Arrived at the local depot on Thursday, but was out of town and had to wait until this a.m.
Have only been able to put a few plays on her so far, but: WOW what an unbelievable experience. I upped the main and upper right flipper strength a bit after one play; made a huge difference. Definitely plays challenging, but: the worries about monotony of modes in multi-ball/song modes is not an issue. Objectives are clear (though: achieving them < a lay-up w/ the incredible light/sound show). And the risk/reward of continuing songs vs. collecting jackpot is *brilliant* on first blush. Will see how it holds up over some serious play in the coming weeks.
No significant issues out of the box. Roll-over switches needed some adjusting (as is the case w/ every NIB pin I've ever bought). The only one GNR-specific item I'd share w/ new owners: my spinning record mech was sitting about 1/8" low. Caused some funky shot shapes, and: even had one ball find its way to rest on the platter (btw: "Spaghetti Incident" decal on mine; hoping the rumors of replacement stickers is true ). I tried adjusting the nut that holds the center post in place to no avail. It turns out the big white plastic "captain's wheel" (that's the shape it looks like to me) adjusts the depth of the mechanism. A few twists and mine was right as November rain. In the pic below, I'm pointing to it w/ my nut driver.
I hope everybody gets a chance to play one of these in person. Was *slightly* concerned about gameplay when watching the original videos, but: 0.0 reservation after spending some time with it today. Thrilled to have another awesome JJP in the lineup.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, Had to fix that myself on day one as well as the shaft falling out. Simple blue locktite (#425) and all fixed. Just trying to figure out how to do a disk Upgrade for a three record set.....lol

IMG_5934 (resized).jpgIMG_5934 (resized).jpg
#863 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Seeing R AND L Carriers in front of your House is Never a Bad thing!
Delivered this Morning and I was Impatient, I did Not want to wait for anybody to get off of work to help move downstairs, so I did it myself! 13 stairs down, I just tipped it and slid down 1 step at a time, in the BOX.
I used those ramps to get it up the stairs from the garage.
Checking in with LE #205
My first 2 games were horrible and I started to think - why all the hype!
Then It clicked, game started flowing and the shots started to get dialed in and Started to be FUN!
A LOT of FUN!
Its everything everybody is raving about. The Theme-Integration and Light show are amazing.
Yes its Multiball heavy!
However they counteracted that with the fan meter. Which will not let you take advantage of the multiball while in song
modes! ( NO Cradling)
Lots going on and lots to do in this game. A lot of different ways to score points and advance modes.
Inspected game and under the playfield before I played. I believe they did a great quality job on the build.
No Problems found![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First off congrats. Second, looking at those stairs you must be Crazy to heave that game up that flight solo or built like the Hulk. Wow. Enjoy that great game while you ice your back.

#869 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Does the game come with a printed manual? The other day I went through wonka on jjps website and out of the blue saw somewhere that only the CE came with a printed manual.

No manual online download

#873 3 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

For owners who have their games, where is your ball coming into play?
I’ve seen some streams where it’s smooth to the right flipper.
On mine it usually hits the rubber and bounces to the left flipper but sometimes just kisses it and goes strain down the middle.
It’s kind of a pain when new balls come into multiballs etc.
Am I too steep?
Bubble says I’m exactly 6.5 degrees.
To an early point, I also upped the flipper strength a bit. My hand hurt after my first sessions as I was trying to physically compensate for the lack of pop.
Knowing full well it did nothing.

Leveling left to right is Critical on this game. If level it will always feed the right flipper. Also consider adding a bit more slope to the game. 6.5 works ok for a slow game not a JJP game. Mine is at 7.4 and plays great. Use a level not a bubble.

#876 3 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I have a digital level being delivered tomorrow for this game.
I’ve played with it a bit on “feel” but seems like it’s really sensitive to that.

Yeah we had one at an open house that was out of level and it did the same thing. At least download the free PinGuy app and use that to level both directions. Simple and free.

#878 3 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I didn’t even know that was a thing, thank you.
I just got into the hobby in June so figuring out a lot of the basic tips a tricks.

Just got into the hobby in June and already 10 games! The addiction is Strong for you sir. Lol. Yeah for me I exclusively use the PinGuy app. Works well, free, and easy to setup a game as it calls out the level while your crawling under the machine. Works for me. Just make sure to calibrate it one time on a flat surface before use.

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

After realizing that the extra lights in the CE were all under cabinet or behind the cabinet lights the one extra that bothered me not getting in the LE was the extra sound bar. It is a simple add on to the LE with a 3.5mm headphone splitter cable and adding a soundbar with a 3.5mm input. Many soundbar a have way more features and digital assistants that aren’t needed. I picked “Bose TV speaker” for $250 because Bose is good at delivering clear clean audio which although the stock system sounds great , at louder volumes the callouts get distorted. The Bose sound bar had an bass out for their subwoofer. After buying both pieces and hooking them up I believe all the low frequency is routed out of the sound that I patched into which makes sense since it feeds the small cab speakers. I returned the Bose sub and went with a Polk PSW 108 and tapped right off the sub in the cabinet. All the this is above and beyond what anyone needs but I thought I’d share for those that want to turn up the volume a bit louder.
Yes it’s a great game, Rick and Morty is a great game, Turtles is a great game, Avengers is a also great game. 2020 has sucked but Pinball has been a bright light in this shitty year. Can we not tear down other titles, this one stands on its own. G n R is unique and fun but it isn’t going to devalue other games. Variety is key and this game is the most approachable game I’ve ever seen. A novice will enjoy it immensely and great players will most likely be able to play an entire album or more but JJP has finely made a game that’s FUN.
I have a set of black mirror blades coming next.
Can’t wait to see the modders produce with toppers, action button and shooter rod creations.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome feedback and write up thank you. I am looking to only add the upper soundbar do you think it adds enough improvement without the sub?

#1051 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Tell me one thing that you buy for $10,000 that you have to fix? Oh yeah a 2003 BMW?

Name one comparison with hundreds of lights and switch’s that gets loaded on a truck also carrying office supply’s on its back bouncing down the highway in a cardboard box? It’s pinball, just moving it 5 feet in a gameroom messes with shit. Pretty common and doesn’t matter if it cost $5.00 or 50k.

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If ever a game was made that didn't need pinstadiums this is it .

Agreed. This game does Not need additional lighting in any way. Anything more simply ruins the primary design.

#1217 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

In my college days (1995-1999) I used to go see Prince play at his recording studio (Paisley Park) on a regular basis. -I had a buddy that was on a secret invite list. It cost a whopping $6 to get in which covered non-alcoholic refreshments, but you had to leave your phone/electronics in the car and go through a metal detector/pat down before entering. Those were fun times. Usually the performance didn't start until after 1a.m. and I remember that the sun was often up by the time it was time to go home.

So Wish I could have gone to one of those parties. Recently took my wife on the tour of Paisley Park studios and they have a Strict No Phones policy. Your phone is collected and put in a lock bag on entry. What a cool place to visit though.

#1248 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did Axl do any callouts or voice work in the game?
I’ve heard stuff in the videos from the others, Duff, Melissa and Frank but don’t think I heard Axl.

No. They were however allowed to use any of Axels dialog from stage clips they had access to.

#1305 3 years ago

So, a few things I'll say after playing for a few hours. The game isnt nearly as multiball heavy as streams led us to believe. The song modes are usually 1 ball unless you're good at locking balls in the guitar neck. I'm still playing with some sound settings, but I wish the callouts were a bit more audible during songs. This is my first JJP machine and I was hoping for better audio. This game NEEDS an external sub. Luckily I have a spare sitting around I'll hook up tomorrow maybe. An annoying little issue is the one way gate on the ball launch constantly allows the ball to roll back down to the shooter?? Any ideas anyone? The last small criticism I have is that the main display looks a bit washed out to me. I didnt see any display adjustments in the settings but I may be overlooking them. Again, my first JJP. Other than that, the game appears to be in great shape. Everything else works as expected and I see no visible pooling or other playfield issues. It's a fun game, and I must say I'm impressed so far.

Had that same minor issue with the ball gate in the shooter lane. Simply yet carefully bend it down just slightly. Issue will be gone.

#1494 3 years ago

Ok guys, next little annoying thing that needs attention. This one probably will require a fix from JJP. When you hit the right ramp and go into the drumsticks, if the ball carries enough momentum, it wont roll down between the drumsticks. It actually rolls between the right drumstick and the inside of the cabinet!! Then when it hits the wire form guide at the bottom, it falls off the end of the stick onto the playfield. There is no guide to the right of the drumsticks to prevent this from happening. Eventually, the ball will form a line down the inside of the cabinet. Not to mention its just annoying to not have the ball feed the flipper. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Never had this happen to date. Might tell us how you leveled game and what adjustments you made in the flippers.

#1577 3 years ago

How do you inspect the playfield by simply slicing open the box?? The machine is folded up with no legs on it. You have to unpack, attach legs, and raise the head at bare minimum.

More so has there been a Single picture of a game unboxed that had pooling or chipping? Don't think so. That doesn't happen until a few dozen or more games are played and the posts are smacked on. Then any issues show up. Looking at a new in box playfield will yield no value or result.

#1595 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

This is not a true statement if they were building GnR in July 2019.

That was a PROTOTYPE game. No story here. All games and playfields are from 2020. Eric didn't design and build this in the last month!

#1622 3 years ago

Ok just finished adding the Sound bar and Polk Audio sub to GnR LE. Simply Wow! Very easy install SB simply splices into the 3.5 jack on the left of head and the wire feeds straight out the top with the provided plastic plug in the top head and add 2 strips of velcro to secure. Sub, just the typical wire through vent and tap to base speaker in cabinet. For me....I'm a bit surprised I think the Sound bar added the best bang for $50. Sound simply pours over you loud and clear. Huge difference when you turn it off. I like the sub allot granted I have never been a thump the house base kind of player but still really sounds great. Overall a worthy upgrade for this title for sure.

IMG_5948 (resized).jpgIMG_5948 (resized).jpgIMG_5960 (resized).jpgIMG_5960 (resized).jpg
#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Awesome! Are there any sound settings in JJP pins where you can tweak the speakers, such as equalizer settings, crossover frequencies etc?

Have to admit while I know there are adjustments in there I'm not a sound technical guy. If its clear and loud I am good lol. The only adjustment I made was to dial down the Polk sub. Sounded like one of those thumping cars driving down the street so I had to dial that back a bit. Full concert experience now though loving it.

#1637 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

This might be the title where the after market soundbar takes over to provide the best sound. The CE has shown us the way
Did you try attaching the soundbar via Bluetooth or is delay still an issue?

Didn't bother even trying. The JJP version is hard wired and the wire is already there to simply plug it in. With the primary speaker only 6 inches below I am certain Any delay would sound horrible so didn't bother.

#1716 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm not an engineer, but made this in 5 minutes in photoshop..why can't they develop a flange that sits under the playfield, secured from below and the post is actually part of the flange that goes through the post hole with a threaded center to screw down the plastics to (They could even polish or coat it to look pretty). It doesn't seem like rocket science and you'd never have a sling post (or anything that takes a pounding) ever touch the surface of the playfield again.
[quoted image]

No offense but a solution like this Would be considered rocket science. Over engineering a very simple 100 plus year solution of a screw through a hole lol. Seems a Less complicated solution would be to Reverse engineer what has changed in that time frame to find out why it is now a problem? Say, the industry going to a high speed production of Playfield art via digital printing.....

Let’s look at what we Know. CPR, Mirco, Stern, and JJP all went to ink jet printing a few years ago and all Playfields now suck. CGC, Spooky, German T2/BOP, (silk screen old school) as an example have not and no issues.... Sorry, I don’t see the probability that they All use the same CC yet only 2 companies know how to mix it? Lol. Fix or address the Actual problem no Rocket science needed.

#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You think reverse engineering a printing and clearing process is less complicated that making a post with a base on it?

Yes as it is basically Ignoring the problem and engineering a bandaid to overlook it! The issue Today is the post, do you think long term that won’t migrate to the entire Playfield? Posts are Not the only place this is being seen (for now).

#1723 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Well, I'm sure those forumlas are under lock and key, and for whatever reasons, each company has industry secrets they won't share with each other, so looking at the companies it does affect, Stern, JJP...if they can't reverse engineer due to irreversible printing process or manufacture design choices they've made to manufacture going forward, what then...They've been battling this (I would think) for a while now, wouldn't it be more cost beneficial to reinvent the mechanical solution on a part than to reverse engineer the entire CC/Printing? Just thinking out loud I just want there to be a fix, that's all, don't really care how they do it, but my most anticipated game ever (waiting on an LE order deposit) just turned into.."well I'm in no rush to get it now and be a beta tester"

We ALL want a fix but we want more then a washer or fix one post fix! This is a Process issue not a QC issue! They all have the same instructions on the CC can. We have to assume they are all reading the same can! Name a game with a Silk Screen Playfield issue that had pooling? Removing the digital ink under the posts Worked, WHY!

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Peter’s work is solid!! Their company could/should grow and build JJP’s playfields, from printing to clearing. If you’ve ever seen one, they are amazing! No issues, ever.

No question his PF's are amazing have an Alien Poker and its awesome. With that said in this industry an artist like Peter can do slow low volume flawless pieces one at a time via screen printing. IF he had to make Thousands sacrifices would have to be made. My AP took 5 months, not sure a volume run would be possible sadly.

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Well I know bra and panties make a set...

What type of bribe do we need to offer Keith and Joe to share some of the easter egg codes? lol He showed off some cool stuff but I don't think even Nasa could crack that code lol.

#1753 3 years ago
Quoted from graffixpinball:

I have had a dozen new sterns in the past couple years, I put playfield protectors on them before I launch a ball - money well spent. I also have done the same with both of my Chicago gaming pins. What’s an extra $100 and a few hours of install time when you already spend 6-8k on a game right?! Plus contrary to belief, it doesn’t effect game play. Strap it up

Yes, but the primary issues of concern here are the posts, pooling, and rails biting into the playfield. A protector goes Around all of those issue and does Nothing to help?

#1785 3 years ago

There's a bracket right by the flipper that goes through the upper playfield, plus that guide is pretty thick. I can't get it to bend

Needle nose pliers or a bigger screw driver.

#1789 3 years ago

Ok, easiest way to bend the upper bracket is this. Remove the Axle sculpt by removing the 2 nylock nuts. Once that's off, there's a screw holding the end of the bracket in place. You can gain a little bit of clearance by adjusting the bracket there. I had to gain a bit extra with some pliers. Once that sculpt is removed, its so much easier to maneuver and see what you're doing without damaging anything.

Well done!

#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

AI built in........... some pinheads she likes, some she doesn't

She's a Dog lover lol.

#1834 3 years ago

What an awesome video!! My tilt bob definitely is NOT centered. I'll have a look at aligning that and I'll install a foam earplug to dampen the swing. Thanks!!

That’s normal on every game. The centering depends on how you choose to level your game. That’s why the brass ring is made to be pliable so after you level you bend it to center on the rod.

#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

. In settings turn off the tech alert and credit dot.
LTG : )

I do it differently. On the new games with WiFi I changed the settings to Auto call LTG on any tech alert 24/7! In fact, I suggest JJP put your your personal phone number on the screen in Place of a credit Dot. Lol

#1841 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

With built in wifi and a plug in camera, LTG could connect via zoom and help you fix it via a conference call! I like this idea. Personal tech support.

Trust me, you do Not want to actually SEE #LTG lol.

#1872 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Wrong.
You can use several source on 1 subwoofer, and to preven any conflicting electric signal, you can use pinnovators:
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer
I have 4 pins (Metallica, Tron, Iron Maiden and AC/DC) connected to the same Polk PSW10, works like a charm !

I think his question was, Can you Play several games on the same sub meaning simultaneously. Don’t think that can be done.

#1993 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What determines if the right ramp diverts to the third flipper?

Lol I was seriously just going to ask what triggers the diverter. Seems random for me now.

#2085 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

For the guys the have the pin already can someone tell me the depth of the back box? Is it the same as wonka? My wonka is like 6 inches deeper than my sterns and it limits me to where I can place them. I should have my SE on Monday and want to rearrange now.
Thanks in advance

Same as Wonka and all JJP games.

#2126 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I honestly didnt realize this topic was so polarizing.

Did you join Pinside yesterday? lol Everything is polarizing! JK!

#2129 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I walked right into that

Lol. That aside. Have to ask what range of scores are you putting down on this game? This game still beats me down especially those outlanes unless you Really use those tilt warnings. 1-2 million is a good round for me though I have had a few in the 5-7 million range but those are less often.

#2142 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Does anyone know what washers would be best to put on these posts? Thinking of just putting a washer on every post once I get the game.

Kind of like the ones from Titan in multiple colors.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=154&search=Washer

#2154 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

In order to get ahead of any issues with pooling. When I get my LE am I crazy to pull apart the game and put better rubber washers and metal washers in place before even playing one game?
Just wondering if any of you NIB buyers are doing anything to prevent issues. I herd pooling if it happens starts after 30 plus games.

Personally I would not do anything to alter the assembly on the game unless you see an issue. IF you alter the game it’s possible you could create damage or be denied warranty if they suspect it was your action. Just my opinion.

#2183 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Everything seems to works great out of box. Although flipper buttons literally just fell out, no screws to secure? Also this weird black matt was inside the cabinet. Oops.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very odd in deed granted not a major fix. Mine not only had the stamped nut holding it but also a hex head wood screw to lock that nut in place to keep it from ever coming off. Hope you get it fixed quick.

#2189 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From post 2156
[quoted image]

Can we assume Mr #LTG finally got a game to provide service Or are you getting creative with recycled forum images? lol I'm going to start sending you questions on Random misc wiring and mechs Under the playfield! lol

#2190 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

not sure if that was in response to me, but if it was I am talking about the side ramp flipper on the right not the upper playfield, thanks man!

Mine is even with the guide. Sorry, LTG only has the support images We provide him lol.

#2194 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You do have a sense of humor.

This. I try to help anyway I can.

I would.

Dammit! We just can't rattle you!!! lol You are and always will be Invaluable with or without a game.

#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

[quoted image]

Should be two nuts holding it on from the back. Anything in the cabinet? The manual is online to verify. OR, call #LTG he is usually working till midnight every night.

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

solved it, my flipper bat was a little low so it was not aligned when the coil stop was fully screwed in, video helped! thanks

Awesome. I would still call #LTG just before midnight just in case!! Lol

#2244 3 years ago

Matt at BackAlleyCreations for the win again. Was hoping he would release his master affordable creations! Ordered and ready to install. Love it. Well done Matt!

598271AA-5DAA-46C1-A068-BEBF581714BB (resized).png598271AA-5DAA-46C1-A068-BEBF581714BB (resized).png
#2247 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

This looks a lot like the sculpt that The Art of Pinball made and sold. Did these guys work together on this?

No this is Matt’s design and sculpt. Looks awesome and matches all of his work already on all JJP games. Dude is awesome.

#2252 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

I know Matt is awesome, I have all of his mods and he has powder coated for me. Same with the Mod Couple, I have all of your MOD's too. I am just saying that Lior started selling this two weeks ago and it looks identical to what he was selling.

Amd at half the price so that’s a Win for me! Lol. Just wanted to finish off that front look and this will do nicely.

#2259 3 years ago
Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 10.49.03 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 10.49.03 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 10.49.12 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 10.49.12 AM (resized).png
#2274 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks ltg How snug is that bolt secured to the disc ie is there a lot of give like this?

There should be up/down play. It uses its own weight to keep it in the down position. Just add loc-tite and tighten. LTG is correct, looks like you have an extra bronze washer.

#2464 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Absolutely. If you just collect the band members and start a song right away your song level (value) will probably be like 20, which is really low. That starting value will be almost impossible to have a huge song jackpot.

You sir are the Man! I stayed focused on collecting members then loading up 6 balls in lock before starting a song and my scores took off! Granted this technique (for me) is frustrating as its a bit of a risk/reward gamble and often I would stay the coarse trying to lock just One more ball and drain lol. Thanks for the advice!

Now with that said I have to ask (as an acknowledged crappy player) is it just me or is hitting that virtually 5" wide left ramp (JK) almost impossible? Why am I having such a hard time on that one. They couldn't have made that ramp Any dam wider!!! Since I'm complaining....... Is it me or do the left and right outlanes on this game have some type of Vacuum or vortex that Pulls the balls away?????? lol. Loving this game. I Sincerely hope these start rolling out to the masses for all to enjoy over the holiday. Truly is an amazing and addictive game.

#2494 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

We didn't have a problem, but I admit we didn't settle on the backhand as the safer shot until after we moved the flipper settings up one notch.
I also think the clarity and ball path/stuff under the ramp makes the ramp harder to see/discern in your peripheral vision so it impacts your aiming. The ramp entrance seems to 'disappear' from my observations. Not sure exactly what is different to pin it on.. but it's hard to see!

Will give that a try thanks. Can’t say I’ve had any luck back handing that that shot unless simply to loop the ramp vs going for the lock but I will try dialing up the power. Thanks.

#2522 3 years ago

I backhand that shot all the time and everything is stock on mine. I also have a good pitch on it too.
Unfortunately though the rubbers on my game are taking a lot of wear it doesn’t look like they will last very long! I think I have about 200 plays on it.

So to clarify. I am able to backhand the left ramp I was questioning the ability to backhand that ramp to actually hit the lock? It will go up the ramp but not far enough currently to award a lock.

#2526 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You are right... this isn't a debate. Rubber on these games is not lasting like red rubber on other games. Yes you can swap out the product, but whatever they are using is subpar for the industry.

I tend to agree. No question whether or not by designers choice or old inventory the use of old style rubber for the flippers is a bit of a miss. I switched to PL superbands within the first 50 plays. I do question (Just an Opinion!!!) if the gameplay of this title has a bit to do with it also. Meaning, an average pinball game may see say 5-6 balls in play during a standard game. With GnR I would only Guess per game there must be at least 40-50 balls in play (flipping)? Not an accuse for wear just an observation compared to playing say Avengers. Still an Awesome game but yes, Order New flipper rubbers on day one!!!

#2541 3 years ago

Simply Wow! Huge shout out to Matt at Backalley. Ordered and arrived in 2 days and looks fricken Awesome!! Simply amazed by the fine detail granted not surprised as thats what he does. Simple install and looks completely factory. Understand why JJP avoided adding guns to the game but Really glad Matt made this happen. Well done sir!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#2543 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Not a fan of it going over the beveled portion of the lockdown bar. But looks nice!

Not sure why it sits flush but understood.

#2547 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I ordered one and was wondering if it sits flush all around with the curve of the lockdown bar. Looks really good. Definitely happy it has the guns.

For what it does and how little you use the center button during game play it just works. Especially for the price, great work.

#2554 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

While I noticed that there weren't any guns I haven't seen any discussion of this decision on the part of JJP.
Can you provide some background or what you heard on this topic?

Totally an opinion based on the past. I know Eric mentioned wanting to put simple rum bottles on the Pirates game and got shot down. Seeing the CE sign converted to flippers vs guns I made an opinion. No worries Matt provided a great solution.

#2562 3 years ago

Rather impressed with all the side Album modes in this game. Whoever did the animations on these Bravo! Haven't done "shall we play a game" mode yet but that is my evening goal anyway lol.

#2565 3 years ago

Didn't find anything in the JJP search. Is it possible to restart GnR after a poor ball 1? (not that I would......) But a do over mulligan by holding the start button. Is that possible or am I doing it wrong?

#2683 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Bro they are making 5000 of these, the numbered played is a serial number at that point lol

I tend to agree. Beyond 1000 its just a number at that point. Granted not the serial number as the envelope plates are randomly taped to the box unless you specify a number if available. Like seeing those prints numbered 1 of 200,000. Doesn't matter at that point lol.

#2701 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I lost all sound.... any ideas?
[quoted image]

Stupid question as I'm not even sure if this would happen but did you possibly enable the Blue Tooth speaker button on the front of the game?

#2744 3 years ago

WTF lol. I just can’t pass up the risk/reward and mostly loose. Great score I’m still maxing out in the teens.

#2756 3 years ago

This 1000x over. JJP, are you seeing this? I'll also add, I'd like to be able to pass when I hit the scoop accidentally and start song is ready. Much like the option while in a song. Nothing more frustrating than being forced into a song before boosters/locks are satisfactory

Not to disagree but isn’t that like every game of risk/reward skill play? You try to build up your multiplier then start the mode. IF you don’t aim your shots and start modes randomly that’s on the player. That’s all part of the overall skill that is pinball. Don’t shoot the scoop.

#2762 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'll agree with you if a song mode is actually lit. Mystery shouldn't give out an award that screws you over though, I avoid shooting the scoop now unless in a booster multiball before a song is ready.

Now that I agree with. No free songs!

#2774 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

She wants a song going most of the game. I get it, we had an Alice Cooper that she hated because she'd have a hard time getting a song started on that too and halfway through the song you lose the ball and the song is over. No one wants the charity song on ball 3. One of the great things about Maiden is that you choose a song to play to and the modes are other songs.
Making the band members easier to light makes it much quicker to get a song going and that's great for my many casual friends and family. Question is, can the more advanced players compete with each other by now just avoiding the scoop for as long as possible before starting the song?
(To be clear, I'm still waiting for my machine. My wife isn't too convinced it's a good buy because of the default song start difficulty. Also to be clear, she's the reason my house is an arcade.)

You Could just get her an iPod? lol

#2781 3 years ago

I personally despise the slash solo mode as it's currently coded. Its very undervalued, very risky, and usually results in a drain. I let it time out. Could be a cool side mode with the proper incentives.

I second that!!! The one mode on the game that sorry just sounds like racket and I count the seconds till it times out!

#2783 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty awesome that Scorbit will be in every game. That stuff isnt cheap if you bought it separately.

New to me. What is that?

#2812 3 years ago

Asking as I don't remember if thats the song. Isn't that the song that you earn the special mod where this is designed to happen?? IE game lights go off, monitor goes out and it appears to be doing a computer crash simulation which is then followed by an Awesome mod I won't ruin for everyone. Or is this an actual reboot lol.

#2939 3 years ago

Favorite go to are Live and let die and Michelle. Even though I loose every dam time!!

#2951 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

When are the SE supposed to be available in the USA?

Many have already shipped. Not sure if available but they have shipped to owners.

#2965 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So at this time, to be clear, NO ONE has rec’d their CE’s? Over 1 month and 2 weeks the most expensive model gets left behind! What am I missing?

Technically that has always been the model strategy for JJP. The CE is typically the last run to ensure all is perfect. Not saying its what is liked just the norm.

#3005 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

So I have to ask existing owners of the LE, any QC issues, how is it playing for you? I have cash in and waiting for my first NIB JJP here. I have yet to find one in the wild to play, so I’m curious to get real feedback for those that have one in their collection. TIA.

Love ours no major issues. Feel free to PM me for a visit. Never mind sharing some game time in the arcade. Don’t imagine your more then 20 minutes from me.

#3057 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

It's funny, we don't hear about any new owners here, or unboxing, or anything. Its the same 5-8 ppl in here that own the game. Wonder how many LEs they are making a week. We had a few new people in this thread last month, but it was all SE's. Seems like the rollout is slow, and if its because they are figuring out playfield issues, then I'm cool with that, take your time.

Seems (assumed...) like most manufacturers they are on a mega load to Europe and other countries container fill. In the US they can spit out 4-5 and ship but for overseas they tend to do large scale shipments. Just a guess..

#3062 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea of what manufacturers do these days.
Prior to Williams closing. Manufacturers shipped over seas first. They would then arrive about the same time as ones in the USA with the delay in over sea shipping.

I heard LTG Loved his GnR and is hoarding ALL of them for himself!! lol

#3069 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm not a customer.

Your not a customer, your a Servant to the People! lol The all seeing wizard of hope and support! You have an AWESOME holiday Mr and don't just work all day!

#3092 3 years ago

The Underwear set is my primary objective for great scoring. Get it early and my game usually ends well.

#3194 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think JJP would be wise to show us the first CE off the line with a SDTM Zach close up at the factory.Also show the line full of this sexy beast!

Mike at GAP already posted several dozen photos of the CE #1 off the line several weeks ago.

#3261 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I don't use them, but spotted it while looking for a new quilt cover set to replace my Deadpool sheets and thought someone else may like it.
[quoted image]

Ok you can't say That without pictures! Lets see this Deadpool bed setup lol.

#3263 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Bit of a DP fanboy. it was my first NIB (first pinball machine) last year. Gunners is my second new in box.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Amazing setup!!!! Love our Deadpool still top 5 in our entire collection. Love the sharing thanks.

#3289 3 years ago

I agree with taking the head off the machine. I have a crappy stairway to my basement with a nightmare 90 degree turn.
Here’s a couple pics of before and after bringing down my GNR and RM within a month of each other.
I just finished my basement in august too!
Anymore pins get moved up and down, I’m removing the heads! [quoted image][quoted image]

As it looks like it was simply Close but fit, consider simply putting a 36"x36" sheet of UHMW or even a half sheet of 5$ paneling against the wall when you plan to move games. Plastic/wood are more forgiving then plaster.

#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Probably as good as AP, but I have not owned AP yet. MM was emailing me, often Gerry Stellenberg himself, at any time of day, night or weekend. they're amazing.
JJP is inundated IMO with tech problems on most if not all of their games. they have a QC problem, yes, but eventually, they will get around to resolving them. I sympathize with you as an operator it is a huge bummer to shut your launch party down and your new attraction game being disabled is such a huge kick in the junk.
I hope your issues are attended to promptly in the future with JJP. Hope they are listening here...

Just a variable to consider... You are comparing companies with 10's of Thousands of customers to those with Hundreds of Total sales. Yes, these other companies can for Sure improve and it does get frustrating but they are Far from similar in resources per customer/owner.

#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

While gnr definitely deserves game of the year, I won’t be surprised if avengers takes it. Simply put, the stern army is so big, and there are flat out way more avengers out for people to play. It’s a tough hurdle to overcome. If by some chance gnr actually wins, imo it is a real testament of just how awesome this game is.

Agreed. Sadly thats why the voting really doesn't mean much. Same theory with the Pinside top 100. 100 ish GnR owners vs Thousands of Avengers owners is likely not going to go in JJP's favor. And luckily it really doesn't matter.

#3349 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No bias from me, absolutely none whatsoever.....oh, except I may have a GNR soon

No. Has anyone in America?

NOT disputing your vote just asking. You are ready to call it Game Of the Year yet you still don't OWN it?? I have played many titles over the year one dollar at a time and thought they were Must have incredible.....Till I bought one. lol

#3377 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

This issue took a total of 14 days to resolve for what I would call a relatively simple solution but hey if this is the standard then I guess it is what it is.

Not a savy code guy myself but my guess is going through thousands of lines of code to find a "it just shuts off" trigger is not exactly a simple 1 hour job. And just a guess but I don't suspect you are their Only customer or issue. Glad you got it identified and maybe a different level of managed expectations. Or not.

#3480 3 years ago

I got a ball stuck last night from a crazy bounce...
Been getting a lot of flying balls lately in the area just below the pops.
[quoted image]

I get a stuck ball off the top right pop often. Minor just a bump and keep playing. Pinball is a Random play. Nothing is predictable just the fun.

#3481 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

I got the signed poster as well!! I don’t want to be greedy so I will ship the wire cutters back to JJP on Monday! Don’t want anything to slow down production on this great game!

YOU should sign them with a Sharpie “mind your tools, loving GnR” lol. Then send them back.

#3528 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyBoy:

Helped set up a LE this weekend. Day one order - this is the first CDN LE I've heard about. No pooling OR washers around slings. The new owner was VERY happy, my first impression is there are a lot of things going on here, have to do some serious reading about the rule set.
One question - who lets a game outta' the factory with flippers set like this.... geez..... and no, they were not loose. Other than that super impressed with the game.

For the record you will never see pooling out of box. Play 50 games and report back. Will be good or not then.

#3534 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Incorrect. I’ve seen pooling on games directly out of the box before the game even got plugged in.

Can you show me a picture of this unboxing?

#3537 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I've also seen pooling right out of the box from stern and jjp...

I stand corrected then. I should have said rarely.

#3556 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Does anyone who added a sub want to share what they bought and how they tapped the audio (line level or post amp)?

I went with the standard Polk 10" and Love it. Taped directly off the internal base speaker.

#3574 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

The PSW08 or the PSW10?

PSW10 is the 10". They go on sale via Amazon often.

#3609 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

The only blip was that the leg levelers and tools were in the coin box as opposed to the top of the shipping box (by the legs). It wasn't a huge deal and took only an extra 10 mins of setup...
]

First off Congrats!! Totally thought I was the only one that thought it was crazy to ship leg levelers Inside the game which you can Not cut the strap on till its horizontal??? lol I use a pinball cart so not a big deal but for those that do the 2 leg front drop setup thats a no go lol. Hope you enjoy the game, fun stuff.

#3646 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well i can save then.
[quoted image]

Ok, note to self. Do not piss off #punkin lol. Some serious art there.

#3802 3 years ago

ROCK ON with our New Guns and Roses Custom 3D Rock Pop Bumper Drum Kit! For such an incredible game we needed every detail to be spot on in character for a rock band of this status. Complete kit includes (2) custom drum pops with new mount hardware. Each drum is hand assembled, painted, and detailed. Custom laser etched translucent Logo drum heads so the Explode with color vs the stock blacked out caps. Simply Awesome when they go off! Mahogany wood grain sides with steel polished pin assemblies! Kit also includes a Custom laser etched logo bar table pop cap complete with hand painted and detailed drum sticks, a can of the bands beer (random cans..) and a half mug already poured to get the concern started. This kit is setup for the LE and CE models with clearance for cymbals. An SE kit is also available so order accordingly. This drum kit looks awesome lighted or off with every detail covered. Guns and F'n Roses! Available now! Thanks again for everyones support and interest.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#3813 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

"Frank here, got myself a new piece of kit"

lol, Thanks Frank we love you.

#3827 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Sub makes a massive difference.

I have to agree with this. Absolutely Not a sound kind of guy but this is the first game I opted to add the Polk10 to and Sooo worth it. With the shaker and that sub cranked this game is on a different level. Still think the sound bar adds allot to the mix also for me anyway. Everyone in my house Knows when GnR is playing!! I Truly hope JJP lands more of these in the homes of buyers for the holidays. Haven't been this excited about a new pin in a long time and I am certain it is worth the wait for those on the list.

#3889 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

. I didn't like Guns and Roses as a kid and still don't much.

Say what? Lol. I thought you had a GnR bedding set! Lol. I would call that a super fan. (Or a not married fan) lol

#3914 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

They were supposed to be on line last week.. and this week..

Says Pinside, Not JJP.

#3949 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like it belonged to a person.

Ok, belonged to a person vs say a robot? lol

#3964 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Everyone leave the felt between the legs and cabinet? I feel like its a little wobbly this way but maybe it's me.

They provided it so I would and have used it.

#4139 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Are the manuals in full colour throughout? This is my first JJP and I always get the original manual for my games too

The available downloadable manual is on the Jersey Jack website. Download it.

#4142 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates, are. Willy Wonka and Guns & Roses only have the on line manual which you can download from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support under Downloads under the game you seek.
Maybe put the download on a USB stick and take it somewhere and get it printed out and bound ?

Plus they are already on the game itself which is convenient for many tests.

1 week later
#4333 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just wondering how fun, attainable etc, is the path towards the wizard mode?

Going to be hard for anyone to judge how "Fun" You might consider it as pinball is a rather personal interest. The game is amazing and completely different then most any other that I have played and I find it great fun.

#4337 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

Has anyone put mirror blades in. Just got mine today and seems like a really tight fit.

If you use the "Find in topic" Search at the top of page you will see MANY posts and pics covering this. Just search "Mirror"

#4343 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Hell yes CE owners!! Get ready!!
[quoted image]

How are you determining those are CE games?

#4346 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Trust me. It is!!

Do hope so that would make many happy. Just would think JJP would indicate such a milestone on the picture with so many waiting patiently for the CE.

#4363 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Anyone else have the center loop drain to the right outlane? I have the machine at the perfect angle for me so I don't want to adjust the pitch. I don't want to bend the metal either. Wondering if anybody has an easy fix? I was thinking of maybe a little piece of rubber right at the tip.

Left to right level ok? Haven’t had that issue so far.

#4542 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm new to this. My flipper rubbers are falling apart and now one of the rings on the slings is tearing. I went to Titan Pinball and found a kit:
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1503
If I order this kit, will it be better quality than the originals?

The original OEM flipper rubbers were Old School standard rubber. Why I have no idea other then maybe clearing old inventory? Yes, any replacement to silicone would improve game play and longevity. Kit would work though picking them is not hard to do either. New red flipper rubbers should be a First purchase for anyone buying this game!

#4566 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

This game has the best light show and sound
I’ve ever played before
And I’ve played many
Who knew Slash had such developing skills

Yeah. Really hoping Eric tools some notes and observed Slashes creative process for his next pin. Lol

#4576 3 years ago

Interesting that they show GnR Standard Sold Out. Doesn't seem there were That many interested in the standard, Or there were Way more LE interests then expected.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 11.07.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-05 at 11.07.23 PM (resized).png
#4579 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

So one thing I'm getting is that we should be replacing all the rubbers on the game with something like a Titan. Does anybody have a list of all the rubbers or is somebody offering a kit for this game already that I can purchase from my CE?

There is already a ring list on Titan. In my opinion the only Must on arrival are the (2) flipper rubbers. Stock is Old School rubber and will not last and for me throw the game off.

#4592 3 years ago

<blockquote cite="#6057570"
One question I do have is the spinning record suppose have some play in it? Mine isnt low or wobble or anything, but I can pull up on it and seem to cant tighten screw anymore.
That’s normal.

Yes, it should float up and down. Gravity keeps it in place.

#4632 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I have 2 questions today:
1) My top-left pop bumper (the one with the cymbal) does not have any light. Is it normal ?
2) How do you increase "Make some Noise" value ? (multi ball launched when shooting under the top-right flipper)
thanks

There is no light in the top left pop as it has a steel plate covering it for the cymbal. normal.

#4674 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Couple of questions/issues that have come up recently, hoping folks can help me out.
1. Can someone share a pic of the switch at the end of the inner loop. Mine is not registering all the time and it doesn't look right to me. Picture attached. Trying to figure out how the switch and the gate should be interacting.
2. When the ball exist a full loop on the left side, where is that hitting for most people? Mine is hitting the top of the left sling. I tried adjusting the guidelines their and the best I can get is glancing blows on the top of the slingshot. Doesn't seem like that's where it should be going. But wanted to verify.
3. Could one of my fellow SE owners confirm, is the lit up guitar over the left ramp always on or is it controlled. Recently it has stood out to me it is always on, and I do not recall that previoslusly being the case. So trying to figure out if something is now not working right, or am I just going crazy.
Thank you!!
[quoted image]

Looks like your switch blade just got bent up a bit. Straighten it out slightly and test with finger and switch test. Several pictures are on the "Photo Gallery" at the top of this thread. Simple fix.

#4688 3 years ago

The band is all set, Start the song with our Custom RGB Illuminated Band Revolver 3D shooter lane mod!! This full RGB color changing LED illuminated mod fits with the Best light show game ever Made! Highly detailed custom thick acrylic medallion laser etched to game design with a revolver profile. Hidden RGB LED mounted in a detailed base with hand painted gold GnR accent. Does not block that tricky skill shot and as always completely plug and play simple to install with instructions. Looks great on or off. Guns and F'n Roses! In Stock Now! What a Kick Ass fun game!!!!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#4689 3 years ago

The band is all here!! Not in this Lifetime performance is about to start with the Custom RGB color changing illuminated On Stage sign mod!! Complete the stage look with this custom 3D color changing accent to cover the stock flat plastic. Laser cut acrylic and etched lettering light the stage! Highly detailed and hand painted accent 3D truss details with logo to finish the look. Simple and reversible installation with easy to follow instructions. Guns and F'n Roses! In Stock now!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#4690 3 years ago

Light that beautiful stage with our New Guns and Roses Custom 3D Stage spot light cover Mod. Small detail mod to cover the metal bracket OEM light. Vented cover fixture from all sides with raised GnR monogram details. Simple install and reversible. Guns and F'n Roses! In Stock Now.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#4746 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Yes it's awesome. When enabled in settings the jukebox starts up right after you power up the machine, and any time you're not in a game it picks a song and goes on again.
If you want to stop it, just hold the Action button till you see confirmation on screen.
Here are some examples, each are a minute or two's worth:
November Rain
Live and Let Die
Coma:

Come on Seriously...... How can ANYONE not think that display of light animation and integration isn't kick Ass! I don't care which Brand you like you have to appreciate all that went into that fricken awesome display. Hate to say it but this will Never be replicated or beat for a pinball experience. Amazing stuff impresses me every time I play. Dare I say, if they simply rebooted this pin again with a different band I would be in again its that good.

#4751 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where did you get the red shooter? The standard is black yes?

Does anyone make a large size Bullet shooter knob? Seems that would look rather cool in this pin.

#4789 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I can get a used se not a ce sorry,

That makes a bit more sense as there are only a dozen or so landed CE's.

#4791 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am asking the se owners out there that have played the le

I have played both and while both are fun there is sadly no comparison LE is the only option in my opinion. CE or LE, a coin flip if you have money to waste.

#4794 3 years ago

That's what I thought. My advice is wait on your LE. No question about it.

The thread is being overrun by Cats!!! lol

#4814 3 years ago
Quoted from Carenrsi:

Hello friends. Preface with this is my first time posting I’m so sorry if I’m doing it wrong.
Just had the right cymbal fly off onto the play field and I can’t for the life of me find the bolt that holds it in place now, has anyone had this happen? Any suggestions on where it could be hiding? Already lifted the playfield and nothing slid out, not in the box.

First off welcome aboard! Which piece exactly fell off?? Find it hard to believe the cymbal would be a tough find. The acorn nut would be likely. Most of the assembly from the hex stud up is loctited into position. The acorn nut is possible though. Get a good light and search back of playfield and more importantly the Back of the inner game cabinet as the part would likely roll back there when lifting the playfield. Here is a pic and a link to the manual for better part identification.

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

IMG_6120 (resized).jpgIMG_6120 (resized).jpg
#4841 3 years ago
Quoted from Carenrsi:

Yes the acorn nut is what we can't find. I mean the whole cymbal and nut came off but the cymbal wasn't hard to find. Thanks I'll check the back of the cabinet.. would using a magnet to prod around mess anything up?

Thats a fairly easy replacement with any nut or a trip to Ace Hardware for maybe .05 cents. I am sure they will send you one. Pretty sure those are stainless steel so not sure how well a magnet will work? My money is on its in the bottom of the cabinet from shipping. None the less should be playable with any nut so you can start playing that awesome game!

#4845 3 years ago
Quoted from Carenrsi:

Oh no, it was previously attached and came off while playing. I'm concerned about playing with it floating around in the machine somewhere. Is it OK to play with a nut floating around?

As there is already a steel ball being launched around the playfield I suspect no damage will be incurred when it does eventually appear. I am betting I'm not the only one in this hobby that lost a screw, washer, or even tool while doing service only to have it mysteriously appear during a random game lol. Replace with any nylon nut and Play that awesome game.

#4846 3 years ago

You should hit up Zack Meny. He’s in Indiana maybe he’ll let you come and check it out and, You know let you kick the tires, if you’re interested in buying one…

Or just show up at his house and ask to play! I'll PM you his address. Target later evening hours, he will Love the surprise!!!!

#4860 3 years ago

The stage is set. It's Guns n Fricken Roses, go Big or go home! We knew we would have to raise the bar mighty high to be worthy of the front of this amazing game. Introducing our full detail 3D Guns n Roses Illuminated coin door shadow box Mod. We really wanted to push some new challenges and detail with this game for a full 3D effect top to bottom front to back. Starting with our custom laser etched rose/ivy/skulls acrylic lense truly gives a new depth to detail when lit or not. Resin cast high precision pieces each individually Hand painted, airbrushed, and clear-coated unique down to the airbrushed Gibson guitar. .45 cal logo hand painted bullets and each 3D piano Custom made to order based on game model and number! Available for SE, LE, and CE. Plug and play installation with instructions included. Each customer will need to provide their personal game number after order or we will reach out. The band is ready, order now! LOVING this game, thanks to all for your support and interest. Available now.

The Mod Couple

1A (resized).jpg1A (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#4869 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Impressive, two thumbs up Mod Couple! It looks amazing!

Thank you very much though much of this creation was my wife’s vision. For such a unique and immersive game we needed to stay true to the wonderful experience that is JJPGNR. What an adrenaline rush this game is. If only I played better.... lol

#4878 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow that's warm and I'd bet alot of fading took place? Have u tested other jjp pins in particular potc?

I'm sure they are hot but even having group events at the house running that game full multiball city for 6 strait hours we never noticed any issues at all with the flippers? Granted we didn't put our fingers on them but that seemed like common sense lol.

#4880 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The hotter right one is a 11629, the biggest coil, so it can power through heat better, but still has fade.

Not doubting but curious if there is an actual manufacturer heat fail point defined? I have seen this (I assume heat) issue with API games and Spooky games but not so much on JJP personally. Guess it would help if I was a good enough player and could notice the difference lol.

#4884 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I have all JJPs except GnR and flipper fade is very noticeable for me in longer gameplay sessions. Any game where you spend a lot of time in multiball cradled up is a major culprit...Hobbit, Pirates, GnR for sure...could easily see WoZ as well. I'm 100% a buyer for JJP kits.

Good points. I guess thats why I questioned it or didn't notice. GnR is by code design a game that does not Allow you to cradle the ball or the mode ends unlike traditional game play. I know the fans Do work well on those other titles no doubt. Cool stuff.

#4931 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I pull the VODs for exactly what Skip said. Not a fan of anything having muted audio, and better to pull anything where there's a DMCA chance since Twitch doesn't have the best track record for dealing with DMCA claims. There aren't any live takedowns yet thankfully and hopefully Twitch never reaches that point.
About YouTube uploads, I generally only put the best games up there to not crowd that channel, and try not to post the same game over and over again. For these, unless something extraordinary happens, it's live viewing only.

Simply Wow watching you play. Does make me never want to bother turning my game on lol. Won't ask how many hours you practice but your skill level is off the charts. Thanks for sharing this game play.

#5026 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I will show pics and whatever anyone needs. Hopefully I have the correct topper cables. My corner is ready. Dolly ready for R&L.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now That is anticipation! lol So, how many times did you measure to see if the topper would fit in that alcove overhang? lol

#5030 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Any tips on how to keep the ball from going SDTM from the plunger? That is the most annoying thing for me at the moment.

Properly set pitch level in ALL directions. After I never had an issue.

#5035 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

What pitch do you have it set at? My game is level horizontally, and I have it 6.5 degrees vertically (2nd line on the level meter, per the instructions).

6.8 as posted to 7 seems to work great. Just needs a Bit more umphh out of the lane to find its way to the flipper and avoid the sling. More then likely wrong but my assumption is they note "second line on bubble = 6.5" as more of a reference. How you play, your floor, how fast you like it, and fine tuning define the actual pitch setting. A guideline starting point. Just my opinion.

#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

When you guys power up your game, do the lights all come on instantly for a few moments before shutting off for the boot sequence? Mine does this, including the hotrails, and it seems unusual.

Same and normal.

#5063 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This game is sick. Holy shit. I love it. Beautiful and plays great right out of the box. All connections to the topper are there as well. Only small issue is the spring to the plunger is to weak. It won’t even make it past the gate. I can switch out the but the ones I have are too powerful so the skill shot is to hard to make. Other than that, I’m loving it. See ya later. Going back to learn new stuff.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking at your picture it appears the shooter rod or skull cover are not centered. Loosen the three screws on the back side a center with the ball and lane. As no one else has had this issue, compensating with a stronger spring will likely not Fix the issue. Align it and I suspect it will work fine.

#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What’s the latest on LEs back on the line ?

Just play mine till they go back on the line. Lol. May be awhile but Worth the wait! Expect April is my guess.

#5090 3 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

What's in 1.11?

The Wizard mode for Pirates! JK!!!

#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

yeppers, 30 for the whole country. I have two mate here in Coffs who are really disappointed, saying they can play mine doesn't seem to cheer them up.
Guessing it will be after the middle of the year they see theirs.

After seeing pictures of your awesome place I think that would be a win anyway.

#5108 3 years ago

Introducing the finishing touch to start the concert! The GnR, "Roses and Guns" custom 3D flipper bat set. Highly detailed and each is hand painted down to the copper bullet. Raised fabric rose inset into a revolver to highlight the raised colt with wood accent handles game on. Available as a set of (2). Alternate Upper set is also available to complete the rock scene. Guns and F'n Roses! All Models, SE, LE, and CE. Available Now!

www.TheModCouplePinaball.com

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpgaaaa (resized).jpgaaaa (resized).jpg
#5110 3 years ago

Introducing the finishing touch to start the concert! The GnR, "Roses and Guns" custom 3D flipper bat set. Highly detailed and each is hand painted down to the copper bullet. Raised revolver cartridge inset to highlight the raised colt with wood accent handles game on. Upper playfield flipper has revolver cartridge and hand painted microphone. Available as a set of (2). Alternate Lower set is also available to complete the rock scene. Guns and F'n Roses! LE and CE games suggested. Available Now.

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3333 (resized).jpg3333 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#5184 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Check the White/Black wires at the closest targets on the row in case one is broken or poorly soldered.
[quoted image]

In case it wasn’t mentioned 100 times, Thank You and Mr #LTG for your continuous and at all hours support on this game for all the new owners. Really comforting to see OEM support monitoring and advising on game launch fine tuning. Thanks!

#5185 3 years ago

And let’s also recognize, HAPPY BIRTHDAY #HogBog Mr Eric Meunier!!! While you provided this amazing gift to us we hope you receive Many in return! Happy, F’n Birthday! 1988, yikes you have a Lot more game to go. Lol

920B14AA-7CC1-415A-A062-AE67115C32F0 (resized).jpeg920B14AA-7CC1-415A-A062-AE67115C32F0 (resized).jpeg

#5200 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I can't recommend enough the Mod Couple's drum kit, it really completes the music assets that this game seriously rocks! It's not cheap but most of the coolest mods aren't anyway, imho its the jam rug that really ties the band room together, and looks like its always been there. Not only does it solidify the drums look, the full rgb lighting it allows through the heads adds a whole new element to the pops. Very nice work yelobird!

Thank You! We are very happy you like the look. While my wife doesn't love hand assembling each one we felt the finished look was worth it! Such an awesome game it was a shame to have those great lights hidden inside those pops for the full effect. Enjoy and Thank You again for your kind words and support.

TheModCouple

#5204 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Would you guys recommend a shaker for the SE? I don’t want it to drown the music.

For me I strongly recommend it. Great integration on this game for a shaker.

#5209 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Can someone just post a good pick of the jam plate underneath. The pics in the bulletin do not show it clear enough. Want to.make sure the jam plate goes on right. Thanks in advance

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/Service%20Bulletin_GNR_Left_Ramp_Diverter.pdf

#5211 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Haha. So I screened shot it and the quality was horrible. Then i looked and it was better quality thanks again

My apologies, I actually sent the link After reading you already had seen it lol.

#5246 3 years ago

Introducing the finishing touch to start your concert! While we LOVE the custom OEM shooter from BackAlley on the CE we wanted to offer a more scaled down accent for the LE/SE models. The GnR, "Roses and Guns" custom 3D Guitar Pick shooter plate Mod. Highly detailed and printed with wood filament. Raised fabric rose inset into a hand painted and detailed guitar head. Actual licensed band guitar pick is inlayed into each piece. (NOTE: Guitar pick RANDOMLY selected of 12!) Guns and F'n Roses! All Models, SE, LE. In Stock now!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#5251 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Soooo, does anybody know a rough ETA on delivery of LEs if you were ordering in the next week or so? I’m guessing there’s a several month backlog but curious if distributors or JJP have an ETA

June would be a good guess.

#5321 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Installed mirror blades from Cointaker today, very sharp. I'm a sucker for these things.
I thought I saw saw some say their game was too tight and wouldn't fit. I thought the same, but there is plenty of room. Highly recommend these if you want to add depth to your game. They come with a hole so you don't have to remove the hinge bolts. Took like 10 mins to install and I use two spring clamps to hold the blades in place while I predrill and install the screws. I don't put a screw in the middle hole, not really needed.

Those look awesome and a perfect look for this title. Are your drums sticks (ramp) way off center from your target or is that an illusion from the mirrors?

#5360 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Let me know if you end up wanting to let your Hobbit go. A local guy i know has fallen in love with my BA and was shopping for one. not sure if it's still on his radar or not.
Now that i think of him, i have to contact him anyway, his Celts was due about now and i want to play it.

Quoted from screaminr:

I'll send you a message when I get home from work .

WAYYyy off topic but my daughter and I watched a documentary on Australia last night and dam you guys are lucky. What a beautiful country. On our must visit bucket list.

#5367 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

So the record, Slash target, came loose today and I read some blogs which stated it could be the top screw. If i do this wont i need to replace the sticker in the center where the screw is located. And how would I go about getting a new stickers for the center of the record?

Did you try just tightening the bottom screw? Seems like most only had an issue per the bulletin with the lower screw coming loose which takes but a minute to tighten.

1 week later
#5519 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

I really hope JJP honors prices of those who preordered. It’s not fair that I ordered on day 1 and left a $1000 deposit, and ppl that ordered it a couple days later already received their machine and some have even flipped it and sold it already. Here I am waiting and waiting like many others and our reward for waiting is to pay an extra $1000? What happened to the machine in 4 months that makes it worth $1000 extra? For the extra $1000 it better come with the sparkle playfield, otherwise I’m sorry JJP I’m out and will never purchase a JJP again.

What are you talking about? There is no late price increase to anyone.

#5523 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

We're still waiting to see what distributors say about this, but the price increase is official on their website.
[quoted image]

Thanks. Understood but they have not and would not up charge preorder customers already in with deposits. Must say they must have a Massive success following this title to make a move like this so early. Happy for All that got in early.

#5542 3 years ago

See we said it all along. The LE is THE value leader, prices are going up before they are even Made! Just Kidding!!!!

#5637 3 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

I’ve noticed the not in this lifetime insert not lit. I checked in the settings and still doesn’t light. Any thoughts?
[quoted image]

Hate to say I think I know what this might be. Mine had the same issue on the same insert. Easy to do but pull the LED board and make sure the surface mount RGB is there and wasn’t missed or fell off. Mine was missing and they had to send me a new board. Stuff happens but my guess is that is it.

#5656 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I believe there’s a reset bug with the LE, I haven’t tried to duplicate it yet. But if you hold both flippers in and hit the action button to before a song starts (to bring up the song selection) game will reset. Found this out when friend came over to play for first time, and his very first game as he was hitting flippers I reached over to hit the action button for him and boom reset. First time ever saw that.

Was wondering how one would push three buttons at the same time lol.

#5682 3 years ago

I took the tilt Bob out for the pics because it was causing a glare...

Too funny lol. As heavy as that game is I doubt the game moves much anyway.

#5813 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

game team edition does not count as 1 of the CE models does it? lol

No. The group got Special edition games.

#5830 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Not sure if this was posted previously, does this mean no more SEs will be made? From the JJP site.[quoted image]

Has been posted and noted for over a month. They are holding on future SE sales till they can catch up on overdue LE sales.

#5904 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

They still working through the CE's? Any word when they'll start LE's again? I haven't heard a peep from JJP since they took my LE deposit back in early Oct so just checking in here.

Nothing yet but on the positive side your deposit made a 2x profit which you rarely see in Pinball! Hope they roll soon.

#6133 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

If the game sees and displays the networks, and then doesn't connect, you're likely having a "key exchange" issue. This can sometimes be caused by the wifi router having a setting that is less common (encryption type, etc.). If you can, set your WiFi router to WPA2 Personal (WPA2-PSK) encryption. If it's set to WEP (too old) or something bizarre it might be failing to handshake.
Because the game is a linux box running relatively standard drivers, there isn't really anything to set on the game other than the SSID and password.
If you're laptop or smartphone is connected to the same WiFi device, check your settings and see what type of connection it's using. Also, this is rare but it happens, sometimes a router is set to allocate only a limited number of IP addresses, and has difficulty assigning new ones. You can sometimes fix this by rebooting/power cycling the router or resetting the DHCP service on it.

Not a WiFi knowledge guy but is it possible some are having issues because they have newer/older routers? I just did an Orbi mesh router with 5ghz And supports the older 2.4gh (Tri-band) Some WiFi devices (maybe GnR) only like one specific speed to connect. Just a thought.

#6138 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Those are pretty cool. I am thinking of hanging this on the wall or as a topper on my LE.
[quoted image]

Plus one, very cool do you have a link or dimensions on that. Really cool.

#6143 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Another question Lloyd (or anyone else) if i may, is it the outside leaf or the one next to the button that operates the bottom flipper? Just so i know which one to concentrate on.

Red arrow (closest to button) is for lower Right flipper, Yellow arrow is for upper flipper.

56565 (resized).jpg56565 (resized).jpg
#6147 3 years ago

Wish you luck I'm sure you'll get it fixed. Then when your done, I want to hear more about these Pallets of beer??? I have heard of people getting cases of beer or even a keg but Never in my life have I met anyone that buys beer by the Pallet!! lol

#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
I save $2 a box ($200) and i only have to go to the bottle shop every 3 months. That's all. I used to brew my own and had a six keg system in my lounge room, so used to having a lot of beer around.
My hobby for years was distilling, my ex drank bourbon like i drank beer, so i had 100's of litres of rum, bourbon, scotch and vodka etc too, but i turned my hobby into my business, ditched the cook and stopped distilling.
www.stilldragon.com.au have a look.
Old pics;
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You live the life very impressed!! What an impressive website of products. Really appreciate the share. Thanks and good luck!!

#6200 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The left diverter does. Crazy temps on that. The magnet doesn't get used that much relative to the flipper coils, does it?

At what point do you just install a whole house fan in the cabinet? lol Pin-AC-systems

#6207 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I actually considered throwing a standalone fan in there plugged into the service outlet, but apparently that doesn't work well enough. These hot little buggers need directed air.

Understood was just joking around with how much power and heat these new games are compared the the thousands before it. Does seem like a full cabinet exhaust of sorts would be the next coarse.

#6209 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

On my original coil, I removed the wrapper and the black wrap (tape basically) to expose the thermal fuse. One end of the coil winding is attached to the fuse, and then the fuse to the coil lug. Removing the fuse from the coil and connecting the coil winding to the lug (like it normally would be on an un-fused coil), allowed the game to be played and the magnet worked perfect. Now, I'm not sure if the magnet could overheat and causing a short, perhaps taking out a board component, so when the new parts arrived, I put those in (only to have it fail again rather quickly). They sent the coil (with the fuse under the wrapper) and the metal shaft that magnetizes (comes up through the playfield). So you solder in the new coil assembly like any other coil.

Having never seen this type of setup are there any markings on the "fuse" part? Could it just be undersized for the load?

#6240 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Oh yea patches... I’ve had my game since day 1 and still pay zero attention to those.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Eh... it’s a waste of time then. Might as well always skip the mode if I can get 30m playing a single song Instead. Same issue with every mode in this game really. I love playing them but they simply aren’t worth it from a scoring perspective.

Not sure I agree though your two comments seem to explain your scoring complaint.

#6265 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Where is the plunge supposed to settle on the playfield? I checked all angles but mine still goes SDTM a fair amount. I can try adjusting the gate as others have mentioned but want to understand where it is supposed to go first.

And add the 2 washers as others have noted under the gate mount. Really helps the roll.

#6427 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Posted this in CE thread as well
Klipsch Topper Upgrade -
I updated the install process and since my original post, have moved all components to the backbox.
There was a huge reduction in hum and noise, and it really cleans up the look under the game
For anyone interested in this mod, all the detailed instructions and supplies can be found on my blog
https://thepinballloft.com/2021/02/27/killer-klipsch/
[quoted image]

What a Great write up wow! Amazing detail and share thanks. Love that your wife seems just as excited to contribute. Well done.

#6477 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Oh I know but with no gates up top most shots make the full orbit and don’t drop in any lanes. And pop hits turn off the lit extra momentarily so it’s hard to hit it through the pops.

I assumed that was Erics intension for the extra ball the same as he did with POTC. You Had to hit it through the pops Without hitting one to collect the extra ball. No free lunch I believe he said lol.

#6648 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

My back right spotlight won’t move to the right. Only left, up and down which puts it out of position all the time.
I did find this in the bottom of the cabinet on that side. Don’t see what it’s for. Thanks in advance for the suggestions and help
[quoted image]

The knob is your spinner disk jamb nut. I would check the plug connections on those moving lights and make sure they are not restricted.

#6668 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Dammit. Just saw this while playing with a buddy of mine. Anyone else have seen this issue. The decal is coming loose and will not re attach. What makes it worse its taken the text of the speaker. Issued a support ticket with JJP. Hope it will get resolved that way.

Is that just an applied clear protector for assembly? Haven’t checked mine but it does look clearer without the protector.

2 weeks later
#7624 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I foot fondle.

Cut back to a half skid of beer and the game will come along naturally lol. Give it time, I to get Way frustrated especially with JJP titles but over time you figure out a good rhythm.

#7633 2 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I'm interested too in installing a soundbar, so any detail about your setup will be highly appreciated

If you search this thread with the "Find" feature at the top of page using "Sound Bar" you will find Many who have already documented this process with photos, links to sound bars and all you need to do this. Mine was around $40 on Amazon and worth the upgrade to me. Did end up adding the Polk10 sub as this game does deserve it.

1 month later
#10153 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bader and CPR both come to mind. Both are successfully doing non-pooling non chipping/flaking playfields en masse. Bader is even not that far away from the JJP factory.
There are options.

Just for comparison, I have repaired just as many digital printed CPR playfields as I have JJP. Not good either way just sayin they are not a good example. Bader on the other hand look spectacular.

#10155 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I hadn't personally experienced or seen issues with CPR playfields doing what JJP and occasionally Sterns have been doing with the pooling and ink adhesion issues.
While engineering this from the grandstands where it's much easier, I agree, and Bader is my first choice for JJP to fix this long-running playfield disaster. I know Jack was burned hard with them on ECLE WoZ, but that PALED compared to the nonsense that Mirco has put JJP and their customers through for the last 3-4 years. They should have been gone 2 years ago. The bonus is Bader isn't very far from the new JJP factory.
Hopefully JJP gives Bader another shot and everyone can calm down.

My total Guess is that while Bader would be my vote I suspect they would long term face the same issues as Mirco faced. Volume. When Mirco was doing short run playfields (silk screened) they (from what I seen) were pretty darn good. Fast forward JJP and Mirco had to increase volume throughput by 100x and the only solution was to change process (IE digital printing). Seems thats where the issue happened in my view. Could Bader take on this massive volume? No clue. Also a partial Guess why CGC can't/won't do runs for Stern or JJP. They have their own volume to deal with to sustain their business and quality. Just a guess.

#10158 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If volume is the problem, then temporarily use multiple vendors so each can slow things down, I guess. Stern did that for quite a while.

Can't agree more. In most Any trouble shooting exercise the safe bet is to ask "what is the last thing we did". For CPR and Mirco the answer seems to be Digital printing. Fairly common knowledge even to those that just paint a simple fence. The quality of the end product is how you prepare the foundation. The best clear or paint means Nothing with a crap primer or prepared surface.

#10187 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

here is a flyer released today for a project I was involved in and Pinball Bazaar will release more when the time is right.
[quoted image]

Cool news #Swinks!! Can't wait to see what your creative magic comes up with!!!!

#10218 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Just FYI...if you put a down payment on a JJP game it is non-refundable (I knew that), but it is also non-transferable. Therefore, if you come on hard times (lose your job, health expenses, whatever), it’s your problem. So, either you walk away from your deposit or you pay for the game and try to recoup your money by selling it. I’m a little disappointed in JJP with how they wash their hands of this once they have your money...and this is showing in QC too. Oh, and since it’s non-transferable, I assume the warranty won’t transfer as well.

Kind of depends on how you placed your deposit. I had one Non-refundable with Stern and just didn't feel right about it so I simply did a charge back on the card showing known issue concerns. Refunded without question.

#10237 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Why can’t it be more on the level. All this back sided stuff just feels wrong and unnecessary.
Common denominator is JJP. Very sad.

Guess this really doesn't make sense to me. From my understanding, the day it arrives the Owner of the pin registers the game, number, and identification and that triggers the warranty. (for what that worth lol). When JJP ships 30 games to a distributor they have no Clue who the owner is or how long it sat dormant at the distributor Till the game is registered. I have never had an issue with JJP on this or Stern personally. You may need to complete the purchase so they Know its paid for but outside of that I doubt they give a whoop who owns it.

Should Note. I Did however have a similar issue when buying a Stern LE or JJP CE. Those they will rarely let you pass off. Mine they wouldn't.

#10239 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I see your point. But it’s $1000 vs. $10000 out of my pocket for the gamble. Just not willing to stomach that. Know when to hold them, know when to fold them, and know when to run...as a wise man said.

You need to do what you are comfortable No question. IF however you were in at the 9500 price I personally would buy and flip the next day for 11 like everyone else.

#10276 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Star posts are not better. I’ve seen Wonka and POTC with the same issues with star posts.

Plus it moves the sling rubber out further from the kicker which was an issue for many that converted with ball traps.

#10313 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I've sold them since jjPotC in the pinside pinmonk store and on pinmonk.com, but back in those charming times people bought maybe one or two ten packs. Now, with this jjGnRpocalypse people are buying 3, 4, 5 10 packs of all sizes, including the formerly less popular "L" size. So, I'm currently backordered, having blown through a year's worth of mylar in a few weeks. I expect to have some more made next Tuesday or so once I get more mylar. Yelobird has said he's making them now/soon, too, which is frankly great news because they're a pain to make.

Yeah not a fun process but I have close to 3000 at this point so I will list them shortly.

#10316 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah not a fun process but I have close to 3000 at this point so I will list them shortly.

A product we are sad to offer but unfortunately for now you have to protect your investment. These mylar rings can be used after playfield repair using an iron etc. I however STRONGLY suggest using these to protect the playfield post areas BEFORE damage happens! A preemptive solution. Very simple to install and while not guaranteed has proven to mitigate or avoid issues long term which are often not reversible once the damage is done. Take a few minutes to protect your investment! This size was designed to support Both large and small playfield posts. You do Not want anything smaller as the goal is to bond that mass area as one so it stays together and does not pool up or allow the post to bite in or twist the surface area. Kit is sold as a pack of (10) which should be enough for most any game. Free US shipping on this kit!

IMG_6879 (resized).jpgIMG_6879 (resized).jpgMylar_1 (resized).jpgMylar_1 (resized).jpg
#10325 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

If JJP decide to miraculously do a support U turn , I wonder how forthcoming they will be to offer any assistance if owner has employed this fix with heat/iron on playfield. Just a thought......

The kit is to install Before or prevent the issue. Iron press is a last resort repair After (if) they don’t offer a resolution. While it sucks to Have to do this I have found doing this Before pooling or damage drastically reduces the chances of it happening.

#10351 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Are these really $10 for 10 post mylar rings?

And includes US shipping. After buying mylar, running the laser all day, packaging each kit, Paypal and CC fees, and postage at best they are .50 cents. Again if you can make them that's Awesome, I sincerely didn't want to! lol Lets hope the OEM's figure this out so I can Proudly cancel that product!

#10353 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

It appears The Mod Couple don't ship to Australia - at least that's what it's telling me when I'm trying to checkout on their store. I'm hoping PinMonk has some of these coming??

I will look into this but unfortunately we can't do free shipping to Australia as that costs more then the parts x2.

Edit: We added them to the Pinside Market Place for out of country.

#10396 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I wrote to the CEO Brett and Jack about the playfield problem. I don't expect a reply and if they don't reply in a week or so I'm probably going to sell the game which is a shame. They have both read the email.
---------------------
Subject: Current JJP GNR Playfield Situation.
Hello all,
My name is Neil McRae I’m based in the UK and I love pinball.
Firstly congrats on a great game, GNR is fantastic, I’d also especially call out the online capability which is making a huge difference particularly through the pandemic. Well done but…
In the dark and distant past I used to be the guy who got these emails from the CEO about important customers emailing and I was tasked to resolve them so I don’t send this email lightly.
However, as you know many people (and I’m a math and stats geek so probability and likelihood is my thing) are having terrible issues with their GNR playfield. I’m one of them on my LE; supplied by Pinball Heaven here in the UK. (Phil does a fantastic job for you guys here). This has been an ongoing issue at JJP for years it would appear. I borrowed a Wonka from Phil and it had the same problem and frankly put me off buying another JJP game I’m afraid to say, my good friend who is one of your biggest evangelists and owns every CE game you have made; he had the same issue with both his Pirates and Wonka.
However, both you and Mirco Playfields both stated that you were very bullish that this problem was resolved and I believed you because I’m a great believer that people always want to do their best and you guys nor Mirco don’t want to ship awful playfields. So I ordered GNR LE, but cards on the table guys (it’s that math geek in me I’m afraid)-> I wasn’t fully convinced you had solved this problem and I set my expectation low.
Starting to see the issues on GNR reported on Facebook and Pinside and I paid particular attention to my game checking everything was as how it arrived. (BTW I even streamed the delivery (first in the UK!) and unboxing and many of your excellent development guys joined it! It was awesome!) Then a few weeks later a friend who took delivery at the same time in the UK emailed with some pictures that made my heart sink. He had the chipping problem. I didn’t see this on my game but I don’t play so often – a few weeks later, same problem starts to appear on my game. I’ve reported it to Phil and he has reported it to you and I was asked to check the tightness of the posts which ~are~ tight and how they came from the factory. We have heard nothing since.
I’ve seen you guys on stage, in Chicago and in Texas, and I totally get the passion and love you put into your games – these issues aren’t the JJP brand you want to have, but nonetheless they are here and they are real and (again math geek) more likely than we would all like.
I would kindly like to ask what your intentions are to solve these problems? the entire pinball world wants to hear that you have solved it.
GNR has been massive for you unfortunately the sweetness of that is being taken away by the bitterness of the quality of the playfield. Irrespective of what happens to me personally in this issue I hope you solve it properly and permanently and I wish you success. I look forward to hearing what your intentions are.
Thanks,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae – Alive and Kicking.
[email protected]
Are you the next in line?

Well said! Professional and to the point without hostility. I sincerely hope you get a response and would advise Anyone that has issues do the same. The forum is a great place to vent but this direct approach is the best way. Well done man, hope you get a response.

#10399 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So what is the solution for people who have the PF issue?
What should we reasonably expect JJP to do if we have some chipping/delamination around a few posts?
Supposedly they offer to buy your game back, but the details make this such a pain that very few people will ever actually go that route.
A new unpopulated PF? How is this a solution if it's still a Mirco PF with the same issues?
It sure seems that something other than adding a washer under the posts needs to be done. I'm just not sure what it is.

Tough answer not knowing the margins or how many future sales will be lost.

Just a Guess of options
1 Populated playfield for those with Multiple issues unrepairable or not able to hide.
2 Spare playfield that is Known to be corrected
3 Buyback
4 15% discount on next purchase. Yeah not a go to but I suspect some would be willing to hide the pooling for a discount Assuming the issue is resolved! (IE let the next game and buyers pay for the issue by bumping the price a few hundred.)
5 Stay silent and quickly loose customers and see charge backs mount out of control.

#10405 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Do you have a link to those Titan washers? Are they different or somehow a better option than the ones from Pinballlife? TIA.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=154&search=washer

#10418 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

That didn’t take long in a clean cabinet! I see where they came out and I think I know where this goes
[quoted image]

Post #4388 same issue described. Part #12

dfdfd (resized).jpgdfdfd (resized).jpg

#10450 2 years ago

Did you have an issue with your game in the two weeks you had it? That would be tough. No issues on mine knock on wood.

#10477 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You are going to have issues. No matter what you do, or how long you wait, there is going to be a problem. If that’s not okay, don’t buy the game.
Knowing what the issues are, spotting them early, and some common sense things like not torking the posts down as hard as you can will help. (And no, that’s not saying to leave your posts loose. Most people can differentiate, apparently some cannot)

Ok #zaphX may be to the far right but your statement is beyond far left. Come on yes there is an issue but "your Going to have a problem" is a bit far fetched. You don't know that and I have yet to see 900 plus games shown with issues and far from "most". Many yes but not all. Mine for the record is also fine so maybe I don't fit in the All category.

#10479 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Did you do any preventative maintenance before playing yours?

Great question. I traditionally play a game for a few weeks to see If its a keeper for me and the family then I typically add mylar washers to any problematic or known questionable areas. With this process I have yet (knock on wood) not had an issue. In my view this simple add gives you the opportunity to seal in that area bonding it as a single entity and also lets you check how snug or not snug the posts are mounted. Works fine for me and whats a little me time with the investment I made. (15 minutes.)

#10515 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Installed the cliffys and Lior’s shooter rod cover and action button sculpt this weekend. Did a thorough inspection and happy to report no playfield issues of any sort. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done on the screen. Looks great.

#10548 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I watched the IE Pinball streams too while waiting for my game and to help me when I was playing at location. I wish I had half his ability.

I know right? I watch him play almost effortlessly and wonder how many hours he plays per week or like sports if it's just a natural thing? His worst games are my GC scores lol.

#10554 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

A few more rules ideas:
• completing an album should give 5-10 mil on top of what was earned in the mode. Plus, automatically lights next song. So player can choose to jump into another song, build their song ball saver, lock balls, or build the song level.
• Slash solo should be playing for an extra ball.
• Desert Demolition. I’d like to see something that incorporates the albums’ song shots:
Wave-1: double talking jive = spin the record
Wave-2: coma = hit coma target 5 times or one time off a right ramp - upper flipper combo.
Wave-3: don’t cry = 4 album targets + pyro
Wave-4: November rain = 60 switch hits
Final wave: live and let die = both ramps and finish the album on the center spinner with a live and let die power chord call out.
For the display, when you complete a wave, one of the DD racers crash and burns and adds to the completion jackpot.
Just having fun thinking out loud. Game is so good, I can play all day...oh wait I have been

Agree on all. Especially the Slash solo. Dislike that mode

#10756 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I plan to remove all posts and install PETG washers on all posts before playing a single game. Will also be super careful not to overtighten the posts. I’m considering freeze spraying and removing the factory Mylar as I don’t care for the way it looks. I’ve never really needed Mylar in any of my home games and they don’t get played that much.
I also have a full set of Cliffys and his carbon fiber disks on the way. Not planning to use the Mylar circles or Titan washers on this game even though I ordered them. Even if the playfield develops issues, I still plan to play it like I stole it!

Just an opinion but as there is are fairly known issues with adhesion (ink) on these playfields I'm not sure I would test my luck on using freeze spray on to remove the mylar. Again just an opinion but that would be a costly test if it goes wrong.

#10810 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

For any bubbling issue, I’m going to iron it and cover w carbon cliffy. What you do is up to you, but thats what Ill be doing.
Also,
This game is brilliant, said a bit back POTC was peak was peak pinball, its been surpassed.

Whoa there great game but still not POTC by a long stretch. Lol. Enjoy GnR but it does feel a bit like exercise at times and a bit chaotic. Not bad but certainly not refined like Wonka or POTC. JMO.

#11105 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I tried some blue loctite on the screws but it seems I have to readjust every 50 games or so. Never a SDTM but it definitely ejects the ball towards the end of the left flipper over time. After adjustment it goes to the middle of flipper. Not a big deal but maybe I need to screw it in tighter

Did you try just bumping that VUK coil up one number higher in the settings? Likely as the game heats up it gets a bit weak. Just a thought.

#11309 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image]Hey all, been getting a lot of PM requests on PETG washers...the how many, where, why etc questions.
To make it easier on me, thought I'd type up a little memo summary for reference. I'll add more to this if new updates happen or change.
Issue: Playfield pooling, chipping, art tearing
Cause: Clearcoat, loose posts, overtorqued posts, bent washers, metal washers, no washers, too small washers
Fix: Debateable but for me, the best solution is PETG. The runner up is Cliffy carbon. The only reason the Cliffy is ranked 2nd is that it is adhesive (most likely permanent, possibly tearing up art if removed, covers up existing surrounding art near damage, requires a metal washer on top of it for true protection. Whereas the clear PETG provides enough rigidness to stand alone, can see underlying art clearly, can be easily removed, can be easily cut and fabricated to fit.
Results: My results and pics have all held up 1000+ plays post fixing. I am not guaranteeing this for everyone as all the playfields seem to vary, but from others feedback, this seems to be the best method currently. I am providing this for those who wish to continue to play their game while preserving what is there without further damage and repairing what may already be. This isn't to debate pooling or why or why not we should have to fix our $$$ machines.
Parts Needed:
20 - 25 clear 3/4 inch PETG washers. They can be obtained from many sources but my goto has been Pinball Life https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html
You can also find colored ones from Titan pinball https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=134&search=washerand use them in special areas...The upper playfield for example, I used a blue 3/4 inch for example.. See pic below
[quoted image]
5 clear 7/8 inch PETG washers. Used sparingly on some areas to cover more art area or to fit flush against other machine washers, rails or posts to give extra rigidity.
Set of various metal washers. Should be standard in any pinball repair arsenal but here's a link if you don't have any:
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]
Tools Needed:
Long skinny hex drivers (sold at most big box hardware stores in kits)
Long skinny phillips head driver to reach areas under ramps
Small wrenches to get into tight areas
Telescoping magnet tool for parts retrieval https://www.pinballlife.com/telescoping-magnet-tool.html
Vinyl Iron kit amazon.com link »
The Process and fix:
(***Disclaimer - any modifications done are solely at the discretion of the owner and I do not take responsibility for over ironing, or further damage to your playfield employing the methods below)
1. Unfortunately, there isn't a hard fast rule for preventing or stopping the pooling and chipping if left untouched. I'm just relaying my best possible solution fix that has held up for over 1000+ plays now after my applied fixes and still going strong with no spreading wear or new areas of pooling around new washers.
2. You can take a complete "protect it all" method straight out of the box or just protect the easier to tackle posts and employ a monitor fix methodology. I started seeing pooling at around 25 plays and started employing my techniques until around 250 plays. From that point I had no further damage and employed 29 new washers (and or larger metal replacements). Yes, you read that correctly 29. But, most are hidden from view and the clear PETG is the other advantage. You can cover large areas and multiple washers and it doesn't fill your playfield with unsightly washers. Here is a sample (some - not all of some of the problem areas I have had). https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP4pdonoGuVuEIqsBgtvZatV44oSnM2201uhGO_RYpcWJqY59vya8bPQ5-JNP0WDw?key=TkVjVngyMWhISTJZN05Mb1huLUloNjZiZ0tzV2dR
3. Technique:
a. Examine. What do you need to fix? Take a close look and document it all. Tackle the posts you can get to, save other areas for small projects. For example, you can combine removing the upper playfield to
Install cliffy scoop protectors
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/150#post-6197148 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/171#post-6243689, and while you're at it, install all the PETG you can.
b. Document and record. Take pictures. Label if necessary. When disassembling ramp areas or a new part, I lay the parts out in a line as I remove them so that I can work backwards and forwards for various stages of assembly and clearly see what screws and washers go where and when. It's a simple technique but very helpful once you have a bunch of various screws and washers of different shapes and sizes.
c. Trial fit. Lay out your fixes first. Determine what you need. A couple clear washers? A clear and a metal? A larger metal? What fits what and where? I try to always butt up a washer against another surface if I can to give the washer support. See the pic below as an example. Notice the post on the left ...here is where I used a 7/8 washer that sits against the inlane guiderail spacer. More support, less risk of movement and stress.
[quoted image]
d. Apply Iron fix technique. Yelobird and Buffalo pinball provided great step by steps and videos for this process.
Yelobird method
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands
Buffalo Pinball video

I allow my areas to cool to the touch after about 30 minutes and then apply the washers. I don't wait extended periods of time...maybe an hour max before reapplying the washers and this hasn't resulted in any mushy clear or repooling.
Some areas, I could not fit a 3/4 inch PETG so I upgraded those areas to a larger metal washer or cut a sliver off the PETG (they cut very well with scissors and do not fracture or crack..I also used a file on some to notch an area, the inlane washer near the AMP GNR lanes for example.
I also fabricated some of the clear PETG (cut slits, or cut portions of) to fit next to other metal posts or rails.
[quoted image]
e. Hand assemble posts back in position. I use hand tools and the 2 finger and a thumb tightening rule, that way it's snug yet not cranked down. Remember, the longer the tool, the more torque applied with the same force. Do not over tighten!!!! Can't stress this enough The PETG allows minor flexing and you should be able to get a very snug tight rigid fit of your post without "cranking down the post". The washer then provides very little contact with the playfield and doesn't dig in like the smaller metal washers do. See the pic below, the black circle around the post shows you the point of direct contact the washer makes with the playfield.
[quoted image]
f. Test fit your ball clearances. Most posts including the ones unprotected by a bumper will allow full clearance of the ball to the playfield without interference. But you always want to check to make sure.
[quoted image]
g. Reassemble. Work slowly and backwards using the parts in reverse order that you have lined up, following your documentation and pics if necessary. Use the right tool for the right job. Don't force something if it's not correct. Use proper hex drivers and screw drivers for specific areas. The last thing you want is a stripped thread, or screw or nut that no longer functions or makes the issue worse. Worse yet, damaging areas or the playfield or assemblies trying to force something.
h. Protect while working. Use thick microfiber towels to protect the playfield from falling parts, and also to brace parts away from each other. Disassembling a ramp for example or partially removing the upper playfield. The towel can cushion and support the piece temporarily without scuffing or damaging other parts of the game.
Use a thick card (business card) or at least a sheet of paper under metal ramp flaps to protect playfield if you are moving the ramp without disassembling from playfield entirely. This will prevent wear and scratching while working
i. Inspect your work after every 10 plays. Keep an eye on areas you fixed and always look out for new areas and apply the fixes accordingly and soon.
j. You will eventually arrive at a custom stopping point for your machine that will result in no further damage or pooling and you can finally start to enjoy the machine again. Take your time and have "Patience" - yes pun intended.
Please let me know if this helped you and if there is anything you'd like me to add or change.
At the end of the day, remember, it's about playing the game, not inspecting every square inch with a microscope. Hopefully these fixes will allow your anger to fade over time and bring back the true enjoyment this game can give. This is my view from a player's perspective. Washer's and all!
Thanks a bunch and happy flipping!
[quoted image]

Well done man super detail!

#11331 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

any of you who are sharing your fixes for things and those fixes get used on the production line, you are essentially "working" for JJP without getting paid. They are basically using Pinside as a crowd-sourced supply of brains and info on the cheap.
That's nice.

And if it helps others or the product who gives a Yank! Is there Anything you won't complain about lol.

1 week later
#11729 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I hate asking such a noob question but I can't seem to find this documented anywhere on here. What size rubber do you suggest for the outlane posts?
I'm getting a lot of drains on that left side and wanted to test adding a small rubber to the currently bare middle outlane, but not sure what size to order. Every time I guess and buy I end up spending $7 in shipping for a .07 cent part, so figured I'd do the more sensible thing and ask the experts this time around!

Thought rubbers for those posts were in the goody bag that shipped with the game?

#11756 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Hello Fellas
Well just powered up my new LE and am very pleased thus far. Stunning game!! Couple quick questions please…. I had to slightly bend the “catch” that skids down into the rectangular hole in the lock bar assembly for the playfield as it just wasn’t getting there. Not much but a little. Don’t know if anyone else has faced this. I am guessing that the foam in the back of the cab keeps the playfield very tight?!
Also I have two wires that got fatter somehow at the very back of the playfield. Please see picture. Looks like they were rubbing on something?? Any ideas fir remedy here? Liquid stuff they sell to repair wire insulation?? New harness?? Thank you guys. First nib and a little nervous. Haven’t even played the game yet. It was built 5/21 and appears to have the washer fixed in place and is running 1.21 code. Thank you guys!!
George

Congrats on the new arrival. Definitely should address those wires as they look fairly raw. Couldn't hurt to send them a picture and request a replacement harness. Doubt its a fire hazard but no sense tempting a short. Tape would work if you had to. Yes that foam block is a tight shipping squeeze though I should remind you are supposed to remove it once the game is setup or you'll have a terrible time installing the playfield each time its lowered. Congrats and enjoy that awesome game!

1 week later
#12219 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Quick Question....This is new, pressed start to play game and plunged ball and hit right flipper twice and it starts Ignite the Flames....Every time we start a game it does it on the first plunge...hit right flipper twice and it ignites. Why would the right flipper start ignite the flames? THANKS!

Adjust the switch it’s to close.

#12345 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Couple of questions for you guys with Cliffys. I received my protector set and plan to install them soon, but the actuating rod carbon fiber protector is missing. I asked Cliffy to send that part as I believe that rod can hit and damage the playfield correct? Would appreciate if someone could explain what adjustments are needed to prevent that rod from making contact with the playfield.
Second, the Lior bullet shooter rod seems too small and is flopping around in the stock shooter housing. Am I missing something or is this a mismatched shooter rod? I can wiggle the shooter left and right and it’s sloppy AF. Might go back to the stock shooter rod if this can’t be resolved.
Any guidance would be appreciated

Looks like your missing the sleeve that goes in first?

#12348 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That would be an easy fix, but I don’t recall receiving any sleeves with the Lior mods. If someone can compare their Lior bullet shooter rod with mine and check for sideways movement/slop with the shooter, I’d appreciate it

Again just guessing as I don't have the game in front of me but typically there is (item 5) a shooter sleeve in there. Would have come with the game not the mod.

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.04.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.04.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.05.04 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.05.04 AM (resized).png

#12399 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

You were correct Yelobird, the shooter sleeve was sitting in the bottom of the cabinet. Thanks for the help clearing this up and fixing the issue!

Congrats to you for getting it fixed. Go enjoy that awesome game!

#12433 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Shooter lane gate issue
Can someone post a picture of the shooter lane gate.... when it auto plunges the ball, the ball passes through the gate and when it travels back hits the flap bounces back up slightly the flap opens and then the ball goes back into the shooter lane. This happens multiple times during a game. To me the ball is hitting the metal and not the blue rubber... is this peel and stick? Can I move it lower on the gate to stop this issue?

You need to remove gate and add 2 washers to slightly lower it and the issue will be gone. Several have posted this fix in the thread.

#12514 2 years ago
Quoted from firebrand007:

Hi,
I just got my LE, and the left rubber on top of "Coma" (area to the left of the left slingshot) was unfortunately before even the first game.
What's the reference of that rubber and would you have any guidance on how to replace it ?
Total newbie here and it seems I need to remove 3 posts, one of which has a t-nut on the bottom of the playfield, with which I wonder how to deal.
The other ones I suppose can be removed with a nut driver (American size 11/32?) and a small wrench to keep the plot from turning ?
Thanks a lot !

Most rubbers have the size on them. No need to remove posts.

#12579 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I was thinking the same thing about the Mylar. I just didn’t want to risk any paint cracking beyond the diameter of the washer. That would be game over

First off this situation completely sucks period! As for repair this is just my opinion and nothing more! I personally think the silicone option is the worst solution. I think because it’s soft and pliable it literally grabs the clear coat and Pulls it off the playfield! Almost multiplies the tear strength as the rubber acts like an adhesive spring. How many posts have we seen where people go this route and it Still happens. Mylar on the other hand like pinball companies used for Many years before this never had an issue in fact it was the primary strategy to overcome weak Playfield coatings. I have used simple Mylar rings to repair over 50 games now and have yet to have a single one with issues later. Mylar is a rigid patch that bonds the problem area as one surface meaning the entire area would need to lift up at one time. Like a bandaid it keeps the wound sealed and bonded together. I see very few people that have done simple Mylar, then a rigid washer note the issue returning. In my opinion I feel like we are simply overcompensating the issue and multiplying the problem. Again Completely just my opinion nothing more but this horrible situation just seems to be getting worse. Shame on JJP for not at the very least halting the line to stop this train wreck. Any washer is going to move, period. You need to bond the surface below it so it doesn’t!

#12598 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Amazing how many different opinions we have on this issue.
Have you seen examples of Silicone washers doing ripping up art? I personally haven’t.
Also, Mylar is great if the clear is not already damaged - and that was always its purpose. But I still question putting it over already damaged clear/art - it will likely rip up the art when removed.
Personally I think Mylar (if no damage), then silicone is the best solution.
Not arguing, just my opinion also and will keep a track on my silicone washers over time and report back. Happy to be wrong if there’s a better solution.

You and I are absolutely on the same page. You can’t simply mylar a three dimensional pooled surface and expect it to fix it. Mylar is the bulletproof solution to Not have this issue to start. Or you need to refer to the post repair thread first then Mylar. Your only option when the art and clear are shattered is to use a rubber washer and hope it keeps pressure on it to minimize spreading. I’ve just seen so many “bulletproofing before playing” posts and wanted to share what I have had complete success with.

#12600 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Would you recommend then on a latest build, where the latest washer / post / nut combo is installed, to remove the 11 posts in question and install a small piece of mylar under each?

Personally yes. Again a washer any washer getting pounded Will move. Sealing that surface below with a near invisible Mylar will keep it from pooling Or biting into the surface. In an Odd way this situation is similar to the car bras. In the past most would put a leather bra on and find out it still slides and causes More damage. Today the correct solution is a 3M bra (Mylar) that seals the entire surface from any movement or chipping.

#12630 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Just interested in people's thoughts on using a small amount of water-thin super glue on the clear around posts. I have used this in the past to seal small areas of touch-ups and also chips in playfields. You'd only need a very small amount just where the washers and posts contact the playfield and it is very hard once dry. This might help seal areas that are already damaged or maybe harden the clear in the post area to prevent it from happening at all.
Maybe it's a terrible idea?? Any thoughts?

Super glue is a very one way choice. No turning back and no way to undo it. I say iron it flat and Mylar. Same result only reversible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
253 posts in this topic match your search for posts by yelobird. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.