IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoy3k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

300 posts in this topic match your search for posts by nicoy3k. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1327 3 years ago

damage on a scoop is the most normal thing in pinball... and not an indication of play field quality. Have you guys seen original MB scoops? Yes it sucks that they didnā€™t put a proper cliffy on it but there are solutions/preventions to this

#1372 3 years ago

Iā€™ve been hearing about wear on the drumsticks... anyone think they will be an issue?

#1698 3 years ago

Is the back stage a magnet?

#1700 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I donā€™t believe so. Appears to be screwed down. Unless you mean something else ?
[quoted image]

I mean the shot behind the bumpers

#1708 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm not an engineer, but made this in 5 minutes in photoshop..why can't they develop a flange that sits under the playfield, secured from below and the post is actually part of the flange that goes through the post hole with a threaded center to screw down the plastics to (They could even polish or coat it to look pretty). It doesn't seem like rocket science and you'd never have a sling post (or anything that takes a pounding) ever touch the surface of the playfield again.
[quoted image]

Maybe you should be an engineer

#1719 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No offense but a solution like this Would be considered rocket science. Over engineering a very simple 100 plus year solution of a screw through a hole lol. Seems a Less complicated solution would be to Reverse engineer what has changed in that time frame to find out why it is now a problem? Say, the industry going to a high speed production of Playfield art via digital printing.....
Letā€™s look at what we Know. CPR, Mirco, Stern, and JJP all went to ink jet printing a few years ago and all Playfields now suck. CGC, Spooky, German T2/BOP, (silk screen old school) as an example have not and no issues.... Sorry, I donā€™t see the probability that they All use the same CC yet only 2 companies know how to mix it? Lol. Fix or address the Actual problem no Rocket science needed.

You think reverse engineering a printing and clearing process is less complicated that making a post with a base on it?

#1947 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Probably a stupid question, but wont be the first or last one I ask. The inner loop shot that goes through the pops, mine hits the pops every time, but is it supposed to?
It seems as if its supposed to continue the other way, like an "s" of sorts. Anyone have to adjust this?

For what itā€™s worth in every stream that Iā€™ve seen it always 100% of the time goes to the pops

#1966 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Yeah it seems somewhat like that shot in Deadpool, which is badass. I am hoping that rail can be adjusted, it just depends on if a slotted screw hole exists.

Are you saying itā€™s hitting the pops before the guide or does the ball bounce from the guide straight back to the pops?

#1992 3 years ago

What determines if the right ramp diverts to the third flipper?

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just got my SE set up they are finally together
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! What do you think of it?

#2014 3 years ago

Agree on wanted to unlock the explicit songs but rather not have the forced f bombs in the call outs- those are silly and donā€™t need my 2 year old hearing them...

#2029 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Iā€™m not trying to be pedantic, JJP have given you options already...
Since you have mentioned your 2 year old.... can you not utilise the headphone jack or other family friendly themes when the kids are around or wait for Toy Story?

Huh? No. GnR is fine as a family friendly theme in my house, itā€™s music they play on the radio. I just donā€™t need cheesy call outs with fbombs in them. They are tacky and add nothing. Iā€™d rather simply read a book than play pinball with headphones on.

#2036 3 years ago

my SE delivery was just rescheduled to Monday, SADNESS

#2048 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Go pick it up.

haha not sure thats worth it, I'd have to unbox and drive it sticking out of the back of my car in the snow.

#2063 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I hate when both sides of cabinet have the same art. Especially on the CE model there is no need to be lazy. Add the semi-naked chick to the right side or something. If the left and right sides of CE art had been different, Iā€™d have given it more consideration. As it is no way.
The pro also suffers the same fate, although maybe expectations for the SE are lower so ok. The LE however has different art on both sides, many different posters are shown. That is a great reason to select the LE and it was one of mine. Unique side images against the red armor backdrop is a win.

I hate when they are different. I donā€™t have infinite space to decide which side I want to display, I hate being stuck with the side I donā€™t like as much. Symmetry please. You canā€™t see both sides at the same time so I donā€™t see the benefit.

#2069 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Huh? More art is better than same art.

Not when youā€™re OCD and can only display one side

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That doesn't make sense , if you have one machine you can see both sides , if you have two machines you can pick which side you want , if you have three or more machines at least one will be sandwiched .

I like not having to choose an art side

#2095 3 years ago

blah my game is still in PA and isn't gonna get here till tomorrow. Not the best day to get a new game. First world problems right?

#2103 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

It is indeed a bad ass game, no doubt! I would advise you check back in a few days though. My pooling issues started showing up after a few dozen plays a few days in.
I will be taking several pics tonight for my distributor, but this showed up Saturday. I noticed pooling around several posts, so i wanted to inspect things a little better.
Truly, I think JJP knocked it out of the park with this game, but seeing stuff like this on my own game really gives me bad vibes. Truly hope they can make this right.
[quoted image]

what do you think would be "Making it right"?

I was thinking about this last night and really these are the only fair options I could come up with.

1. New populated playfield

or

2. 20%-30% refund

or

3. ship the game back for a full refund including cost of shipping and taxes

#2108 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm curious where you came up with this figure?
Consider that POTC - a game now infamous for playfield issues - generally sells for 150% of MSRP.
I mean, that's not apples to apples, only 1000 POTC were made etc. But I'm just saying that the chipping is not easily quantifiable into a resale hit. It depends on the popularity and availability, etc.

POTC is an exception based on rarity. GnR will be much more like Wonka, DI and the Hobbit in the secondary market.

which is basically selling your game for ~85% of the NIB price on the secondary market

if there are games with and without playfield chipping, there is NO WAY i would be able to sell my game for 85% of its value

using GnR SE as an example, a 6750 NIB prices means the HOU price will probably be about 5800 for a game with a perfect playfield.

If my game had chipping I don't think I could sell it for more than 4500. $1300 loss is about 20% of the NIB price, that is how I got to the price.

#2110 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You wont get shit. Maybe a blank PF.

then they aren't making it right

#2115 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats the risk....I know it sucks, but its the reality of the situation. The hope is u can sell the unpopulated play field for $500+ and make up some of the loses. If this really bothers u I wouldn't buy NIB

No its not the risk... big difference between some pooling and your playfield literally chipping apart 30 plays into it.

#2118 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Listen its really simple....don't buy NIB games....I stayed on the side line for two years due to all these issues, and decided to change course as I love GNR and wanted the CE....So I rolled the dice thinking there was little chance this issue would continue, but here we are. I guarantee u there will dozens of nice games for sale in 6-12 months that u can inspect prior to purchase.

listen don't tell me what do to. the vast majority of NIB games from every manufacturer don't have issues to this degree. if you want to create some delusion in your mind that this is normal go ahead.

#2120 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

None of this happened for POTC and was much more wide spread across SE/LE/CE.

I am not saying it has or it will. Simply saying what "making it right" would actually be.

#2125 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The vast majority of NIB GNR games won't have this issue either, but the reality is some will.....or u can continue to stress out assuming JJP and or Stern will fix all these problems...its not gonna happen....so ya theres a risk, because if it does happen u know damn well the best you'll get is a unpopulated play field....all the above problems go away if u buy a nice HUO game that u can inspect

I hope you're right. So far every single owner that has bothered to post an update seems to have started to see issues. The scary thing to me is that the "pooling" issues seem to start after a bit of play.

#2139 3 years ago

Does anyone know what washers would be best to put on these posts? Thinking of just putting a washer on every post once I get the game.

#2166 3 years ago

Is there a place to check your battery in the menu?

#2171 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

No and itā€™s a 3volt battery very common at staples etc.

Ok I just bought a HOU DI made in Dec 2017- would you swap it?

#2176 3 years ago

just got my game, are the flippers supposed to point up a little or should they be flish with the lane guides? What incline do you guys recommend? 6.5?

#2185 3 years ago

how about the top right flipper? should that be flush with the guide?

#2188 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From post 2156
LTG : )
[quoted image]

not sure if that was in response to me, but if it was I am talking about the side ramp flipper on the right not the upper playfield, thanks man!

#2205 3 years ago

coil stop just flew off the right flipper. When I try to screw it back on the flipper mech becomes sticky/has too much resistance to move.. What am I doing wrong?

#2208 3 years ago
A4E53945-B20B-43AB-BBA7-F2E1C74F8F12 (resized).jpegA4E53945-B20B-43AB-BBA7-F2E1C74F8F12 (resized).jpeg
#2210 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Should be two nuts holding it on from the back. Anything in the cabinet? The manual is online to verify. OR, call #LTG he is usually working till midnight every night.

i have the nuts, when I put it back there is just a lot of resistance when I move the flipper, like its not alinged properly.

#2215 3 years ago

solved it, my flipper bat was a little low so it was not aligned when the coil stop was fully screwed in, video helped! thanks

#2218 3 years ago

first impressions after my first handful of games

flow is awesome, this is the biggest surprise to me. Videos make this game look clunky but its an awesome shooter. That left orbit is pure sex

the callouts lowering the music volume is annoying- any way to disable this?

#2222 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question for owners:
Howā€™s the upper right flipper shots been for you guys. This is one of my biggest concerns on gameplay as I havenā€™t had much luck looping shots on the location game I play, much less even making the shot. Have you had more success on your home game and/or make any adjustments to that flipper?

Itā€™s very hittable and repeatable, I had to adjust the flipper as it was pointing way too much to the left... the location pin you played probably wasnā€™t set up properly

#2225 3 years ago

Does your left ramp have a good amount of movement when you hit it?

#2234 3 years ago

I got an air ball to roll around the stage on the top left, does that mean the SE does have an upper playfield? :p

#2236 3 years ago

Iā€™m guessing there is no way to not have call outs/sound effects lower the music around them? Find that very odd

#2237 3 years ago

does your right orbit always come around to the flipper? Mine hits left sling some of the time

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Mine NEVER hits the sling. How steep is your pitch?

Iā€™m around 6.6. It just barely grazes the top of the sling sometimes. Iā€™ll check if Iā€™m level again...

#2245 3 years ago

did back alley make the scuplt

Quoted from mechslave:

First reaction to video: the scoop and the spinning record. That's going to the 80% of the shot interaction by your average player. And both are kinda ehhhhh. A scoop dead center, and the spinning record toy we've seen a million times. The middle area is really where you want the big interactive toy or money shot. And it's a scoop?
So what is the big interactive mech in the game? The balls lock on the Gibson head. There's a little upper playfield. A spinner and 3 ramps. Feels like something is missing...
I mean, it looks ok. But certainly nothing that blew me away at first glance. I'm sure the audio and light shows will be out of this world.

when you play it it doesn't feel that way, at least for me. The scoop shot is very early in the flipper for me, so its a shot that I have to aim for.

#2260 3 years ago

soo... any way to prevent the call outs from lowering the music volume? is is terrible during songs.

#2262 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I didn't find this to be a problem. The call outs seemed well mixed with the songs to me.

they happen at random times and literally lower the music volume. Like a random PA announcement in the middle of a concert... buzzkill

#2265 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes there are settings for that. [quoted image]

can you help me understand that? I want to keep the call out volume I just dont want them to lower the music volume when they happen

#2283 3 years ago

Mini tip

Adjust the LED brightness to high in the settings, for some reason it comes set at medium. Makes a big difference in light show level

#2301 3 years ago

Still having issues with the right orbit hitting the left sling... pretty tough to bend the rail with the post for it being connected to the end.

#2315 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I am wondering that what I see no discussion regarding rules is going on. The general rules are clear, collecting band members for a song, playing the song for an album mod. But what happens during a song? Are there different jackpots for each song? What to shoot for in a song? What influences the score/jackpot value in a song?

Honestly I have been playing without much of an idea of whatā€™s going on other than the basics. Qualify band members, lock balls, and start a song. During the song you can cash out or add a ball to keep going. Do well enough and you can unlock a mini wizard mode and/or encore if you finish the song. During songs there are specific shots you need to hit to complete the mode- it feels usually like you can complete the mode waaaayyy before the song is close to over. There are a bunch of mini multi balls and modes/rules before songs start that I have no idea how they work yet.

#2317 3 years ago

My plunge has been fine

#2340 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My point is there is no right or wrong answer....some love the SE, some love the LE, some love the CE....none of these are terrible...they are all professionally done

As an SE owner I can say that the art is obviously the worst, though I think itā€™s still good. I will say that the SE apron is probably the best. Now, in terms of gameplay I could see an argument made for the flow of the SE being more satisfying and better suited to ā€œrocking outā€- but again that is subjective. Enjoy your games!

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

The more I look at the CE the more I realize they stole some of the AFDs soul. The cross being modified broke my heart. I think I can get over fat Axl, but modifying the art on the side without the girl, albeit not like the original art (PC today) takes away from the original concept. The LE is killer imo, and embodies GnR. The SE is indeed rat fink.. I dont see these staying in collections like other pins.. the gather players, start songs, MB, rinse and repeat will get tiresome for those that aren't true GnR diehards. I can see someone saying at 200 games in.. which song do i want to play.. again.. Then the rest of us can snag one well below MSRP and not feel like you have to play it 4000 times to justify the price. $3k more for a CE. smh.. Curious how long it will take for everyone to realize this pin is not transcendent. Now that its been done, the light show will be repeated. I can't imagine JJP will go backward...

Whatever you need to tell yourself to make you feel better about not having the game.

#2347 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Keep telling yourself that this is the next POTC and Iā€™ll keep playing the two new sterns I added to my collection and pocketed 2500 as everyone dumps pins to afford the pinball machine handed to us straight from God. AND in a year or two Iā€™ll send you a picture of my low play LE I paid under 9k.. maybe even 8500.. Thereā€™s no question itā€™s a great pin, but Iā€™ve noticed the feeding frenzy on new pinball games to justify spending a ridiculous amount on a pinball game. The pinball community keeps driving prices up. $1000 toppers... $13k games. It IS insanity, but when you are caught up in it, you donā€™t see it. And yes, I can afford one Nicoy as that is typically your next response. Or perhaps I live in my parents basement. Youā€™re right. Your pinball game is MUCH cooler than my two.. and my left over cash. Back to alter of GnR 2.0.

I donā€™t give a flying fuck about the price of the machine after I buy it. I value the enjoyment that I get out of my games. When I buy NIB my expectation is to sell it for around 75% of what I paid. Coming into an owners thread and shitting on the game speaks to your own insecurities.

#2364 3 years ago

Maybe itā€™s because of all the AFM I have played but I donā€™t think the SE plays THAT fast. Donā€™t get me wrong itā€™s not a slow game by any means but flowy I think is a better description.

The orbits are super long and smooth and the right ramp is way in the back and has a very long return. Plus two of your center shots slow things down with the scoop and shot into the bumpers.

Overall the way this shoots has been the biggest surprise to me. Itā€™s an very fun flowy shooter. The orbits are butter and both ramps are very hittable on the fly. The center loop is repeatable- I get three consecutive almost every game. There is almost an EM feel, if almost looks a little like one.

BTW I am certainly what you would call an average player, though I try.

#2367 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I was with you, until this

Haha I think itā€™s just the flatness of the middle of the PF, EM probably isn't the right term, just more a classic single level LOOK. I think itā€™s a good thing

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Can anyone share their adjustments? I have tried up/down, keep finding this nice parking spot under the ball....

Does that happen often? Seems against the laws of physics

Download the PinGuy app to make sure you are at 6.5 or more, those bubbles are not to be trusted

#2380 3 years ago

I ordered the pin woofer just now. I am not particularly impressed with the sound quality so I think this will be a nice upgrade.

#2416 3 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

A little bit better scores than the 3M GC I had the other day, now that I understand a few more things. Play the songs all the way through, light EBs, use the mini-multiballs to qualify songs. The Album modes all feel like they need work. Fun shooting game. What do you guys think is going to be a great score?

My best is 11m so far. Right now I donā€™t really know what creates a big song jackpot. Feel like Iā€™ve gone through entire songs doing well with smaller jackpots than songs I cash out in 2 minutes

#2419 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You need to use the booster multiballs to build the song level (value) before you start the song. And lock 6 balls.

Is there a way to track song level before you start it? Also is there a way to see how many balls are locked in the SE?

#2441 3 years ago

my revolver insterts just stop blinking when I lock a band member, they donā€™t turn green.

#2444 3 years ago

Ahhhh good to know

Is there a rule sheet available yet?

#2448 3 years ago

Thanks where is the lights target on the se?

#2496 3 years ago

man I can't wait for an epic stage mod for the SE. The possibilities are really endless there.

Also, is there any way to confirm that the hot rails on the SE are being gimped by hardware vs. code? Lastly, does the lighted guitar have RGB/animated lightning possibilities to be enhanced via code?

#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

So you guys that have had this game for 100 plays or more... do u love it? Gotten stale? Bolted?
Just curious on its lastability.
Thx a bunch!

100 plays? lol that is like a weeks worth.

So far the game to me is strong on the lastability standpoint because there are so many songs to choose from. You basically have 21 modes + a bunch of other modes in between to keep the game feeling fresh. If you play a couple of games a night you can go almost two weeks without repeating a song. Itā€™s the perfect game if you want to de stress at the end of the day.

#2568 3 years ago

Loving the game but I hate tear down the wall

#2588 3 years ago

Contact JJP they will probably just send you a new record

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

I meant to post something sooner on the history of my lock down bar piece which will hopefully answer some of the questions I have read. I originally sculpted the design with the roses and guns for JJP back over a year ago.When we were designing the toys for the game the decision was made to change the sculpt to just the roses.
As to Lior sculpt and mine looking similar, I agree with him, it's called guns and roses. Both of ours have those elements to it. Both of ours are hand sculpted and hand cast, no 3D printing, both high quality pieces. And like he said "people have options now".
As to will I release or did I make another skull for the shooter housing. I do have other mods for the shooter housing but I will not recreate my own skull with roses for this game. Long and short, yes I have a skull, no it will not have roses on it. The only skull with roses I will "ever" make are the CE skulls.
I do have several other mods for this game that we are working on between mass production and hope to have them out soon. Thank u everyone for the support and hopefully this clear some things up.

Your stuff is awesome man PLEASE tell me you are working on some SE mods for the stage and center scoop area!

#2631 3 years ago

LE owners question... do you think it would be possible to add the cymbals to the jets on the SE?

#2682 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Iā€™m disappointed with the LE numbered plate because it should include the name of the game and how many units will be made . Nobody prefers a generic plate that says JJP that could be removed and put on another JJP game and still make sense. After all, the item being memorialized is JJPā€™s GNR machine and it is machine # X of 5000 games. How about redesigning your numbered plate and mailing them to early Buyers JJP?

Bro they are making 5000 of these, the numbered played is a serial number at that point lol

#2761 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

We tested it at a dealer and my wife is having me make it easier to qualify band members to get a song started. One reason she loves Iron Maiden LE is that you can rock out the whole time. I think the default is 3 and we put it on 1 for each member. How will this affect game play as far as locking balls and building up before starting the song? Just try not to shoot the scoop for as long as possible?

does she know that song is lit automatically on ball 3 no matter what?

#2766 3 years ago

She wants a song going most of the game. I get it, we had an Alice Cooper that she hated because she'd have a hard time getting a song started on that too and halfway through the song you lose the ball and the song is over. No one wants the charity song on ball 3. One of the great things about Maiden is that you choose a song to play to and the modes are other songs.
Making the band members easier to light makes it much quicker to get a song going and that's great for my many casual friends and family. Question is, can the more advanced players compete with each other by now just avoiding the scoop for as long as possible before starting the song?
(To be clear, I'm still waiting for my machine. My wife isn't too convinced it's a good buy because of the default song start difficulty. Also to be clear, she's the reason my house is an arcade.)

So you want a charity song on ball 1? JJP said they are adding a mode where you pick a song and rock out with unlimited ball save, sounds like your wife will love that feature.

#2769 3 years ago

Easier to light band members is not a charity ball. I can't tell if you are being a jerk or not....

Lol Iā€™m not. I just donā€™t think making the band members easier to light is a good solution to the perceived problem. If you light the song too quickly she will go into it with not enough balls/ball saver/points to make the song last and be fun. She is more likely to enjoy going into a song with multiple balls, so Iā€™d suggest building they up with balls 1-2 and triggering the song on ball 3. Just my 2c

#2772 3 years ago

So the game isn't really designed to have a song every ball like most games start modes every ball. Damn, might be a hard sell to get her into it then.

Like I said, there is going to be a feature that allows you to choose any song and play it from the get go with unlimited ball saver. Iā€™m guessing she will love that.

#2791 3 years ago

Where is the setting for guitar brightness?

#2794 3 years ago

Also, anyone know what switch #18 ā€œbumper rubberā€ is?

#2798 3 years ago

Attract mode jukebox , can you actually control what song is played?

#2807 3 years ago

Really hope they add some interactivity to the guitar on the SE. have it flash when you lock a ball or something. Should be easy enough to do

#2811 3 years ago

Any tips for adjusting the center vuk? Mine started shooting the ball at the very tip of the left flipper, drains about half the time.

#2826 3 years ago

are scores automatically uploaded to scorbit? I see my game but only the # of plays seem to be tracked

#2829 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

On the "scoreboard" the score updated for the game in real time. On the "leaderboard" you need to submit your score through the app. You need to do that shortly after the game ends.

I donā€™t get it lol

#2839 3 years ago

this scorbit thing is cool but complicated. I just want my scores to be automatically uploaded to a global leaderboard for my game.

#2841 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Ok, so for that, all you need is the app.
For now, at the end of each game you play (with or without Scorbit connection to the game), you can submit your score.
We are adding an auto-submit feature to the app for people who have already claimed a slot to auto-submit to the leaderboard. (You can tell Scorbit you are player (n) any time you want during the game and up to a couple minutes after, or when a new game starts, whatever comes first).
Note that there are two leaderboards: One is the one for you specific game. Two is the global leaderboard.
To view the global leaderboard right now, you must create a view of it with ScorbitVision, as the app only lets you see the one for that specific game. We will be adding the ability to view various leaderboards on the app soon.
Does that help?

It does thanks. So scores are not automatically uploaded via the machines wifi connection?

#2853 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

First and foremost, make sure the game is level left to right. Loosen the top hood of the scoop and make sure it is pointing as far as possible to the left flipper and retighten. There is a little play there. Also, you can slightly bend the hood down which can help. Haven't has a single issue after this minor adjustment hundreds of games later.

Thanks it was very easy to adjust on the SE. remove the plastic and loosen the hood, adjust, and retighten.

#2861 3 years ago

This game is awesome. The more I play it the more I like it...

#2871 3 years ago

Have you guys actually tried calling JJP?

#2892 3 years ago

sloppy marketing nothing else

#2922 3 years ago

Installed my pinwoofer kit today. Makes a big difference and I think totally worth it for a music pin like this. Install was straightforward though I would allocate 1-2 hours for the job.

#2933 3 years ago

Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s favorite song/light show?

I really like Rocket Queen and You could be mine

#2967 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Not to mention the CE was the only one that required a non refundable deposit. No reason for jjp to feel pressured to get them out sooner rather than later

All games have non refundable deposits

#2969 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

My CE did not require a nonrefundable deposit.....

I donā€™t know what to tell you, officially itā€™s supposed to be non refundable

#2971 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Would most like to see increased scoring in the mini wizard album modes? They are all single ball play and not much incentive to finish when 500k-1 mil is the payoff and a song jackpot can triple or quadruple that with muliball to boot.

I agree for sure.

#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Not my LE, and itā€™s with a most reputable large distributor. Only CEs were supposed to be non refundable.
If you distributor wonā€™t refund an LE or SE deposit, Iā€™d find a better distributor.

So was mine. And he got me my game right away for a fantastic price. There was no benefit to him to force me not to be able to get a refund (or move it to another game). Go on the JJP website right now, every game requires a non-refundable $1000 deposit. Itā€™s SUPPOSED to be the same for distributors as far I understand. Now, maybe if your distributor placed some orders on behalf of themselves and is planning on transferring them and willing to take on the risk... but if you cancel that distro is still on the hook for that game.

#3001 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Ball very often gets stuck here when the metal clamp comes down and holds it. Anyone else experience this?
[quoted image]

Looks like your diverter is too low? Does it work by moving up and down through the ramp?

#3040 3 years ago

Those of you who have upped your flipper strength- what did you land on?

Left orbit- does it always feed the right flipper? And does it do so from the ball guide or does the upper right flipper guide the ball?

#3042 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

For me both orbits feed the flippers when the shots are clean. Stock flipper settings.

Could you share a pic of your upper right flipper alignment?

#3044 3 years ago

Adjusted the top right flipper a bit and the left orbit feeds the right flipper now, didnā€™t realize the orbit uses the top right flipper to make it to the right flipper, the ball guide alone will throw it at the right sling

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Hitting the right orbit on my game loops around and usually returns back to the RIGHT lower flipper on my game. Is that the same for everyone else?

No, I fact I had to add just mine because it wasnā€™t even making the left flipper (was hitting the left sling)

#3050 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Whatā€™s the best way to adjust the orbit? Iā€™m dumb when it comes to this stuff. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Loosen the first post from under the play field move the guide and re tighten

#3141 3 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Hi all, I contacted JJP but havenā€™t heard back yet. I have bunch of issues with my Le that would be grateful if anyone had quick fix ideas:
1- wonā€™t identify any WiFi despite many being available within range
2- tried everything under sun to do usb update for new code, followed instructions to a letter wonā€™t take
3- slash spinner randomly doesnā€™t register (I think can tighten the middle screw under play field as it seems to not be tight and there is movement north south). Btw the right bottom and upper flippers came unscrewed within last few weeks mid game (literally just fell off dangling in cabinet so somewhat disappointed with the attention to detail- maybe comes loose on shipment idk).
4- when you hit loops/orbits- the ball hits slingshots on way back. That doesnā€™t feel right. Iā€™ve leveled machine but is anyone having this issue?
Thank you!!

My orbits were hitting the slings and needed adjusting. The right orbit is easy because you just adjust the upper flipper a tad. The left orbit is a little trickier, you can def adjust it a bit by loosening the post moving the guide and re tightening but for me that wasnā€™t enough. I ended up jamming a clear piece of plastic between the rail to push it out a bit more.

#3168 3 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Question for GNR owners. Does this ramp push down on your red plastic here too? It's actually bending the plastic down on the right?
[quoted image]

Never noticed but... yes it does

#3199 3 years ago

Game has nice flow and can be brutal. Multiballs are vital for survival in this game. A lot of risk reward strategy. I actually think if set up properly this game could be awesome for competitive play because of the risk reward aspects.

#3271 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

My GNR arrives tomorrow and I am looking for advice for how to get it up stairs. The stairs look like the picture only with a single additional step on the landing. When we moved my Iron Maiden upstairs, the dealer delivered and set it up. He isn't available due to COVID restrictions. The landing is too tight to rotate the machine. If I recall correctly, he had to use the hand truck on the wrong side of the machine for the second half of the stairs.
Can I get away with that with the GNR machine?
Any advice or suggestions for the best way to move the machine? JJP said it weighs 350 pounds.
I tried every moving company in town and can't find any help.
thanks![quoted image]

take it out of the box

#3299 3 years ago

so they changed the washers from black to clear? does EVERY post have them or just around the slings?

#3308 3 years ago

Black was on the SE models earlier

Yes but only on the sling posts, same for LE?

#3328 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Thatā€™s where itā€™s weak, but for me, the areas itā€™s weak in are way down my priorities list for game of the year.

Are you buying either of them?

#3364 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Itā€™s a club thread. And someone asked if we thought it was game of the year. I assumed they wanted responses.

While AIQ may indeed have a fantastic layout and deep rules it is so lacking in the other ā€œ50%ā€ of what makes pinball pinball that awarding a game like that game of the year feels... wrong

#3394 3 years ago

I donā€™t think the song reward is a bad feature for location play, but it would be nice to be able to turn off.

The album scoring does seem way too gimped, I feel like completing an album mode should be worth no Less than 3-5 million.

I think more clarity around how to increase your song value before a song starts would be useful.

#3395 3 years ago

Also new owners, I highly highly recommend a pin woofer upgrade. Itā€™s not cheap but it made the sound on my game MUCH better. For a game centered around sound it seemed like a no brainer.

#3416 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dialing in tips - questions:
+ center spinner shot: more often then not, it goes into the pops. Sometimes it almost makes it around the 2nd loop up to lanes. But for the most part, itā€™ll brick or go into the pops. Any tips to dial that shot in?
+ once in awhile the drops off the drumsticks. Any tips?
Iā€™m gonna pull glass shortly and look at both. My pitch is approx 6.7-6.8. I may try some experiments going both lower and higher but looking for any other owner feedback.
Thanks.

I donā€™t think there is anything to dial in with the pops, itā€™s supposed to go there and occasionally fly up to the lanes.

Never ever have had the ball fall off the drum sticks- are you level?

#3418 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I was at 6.9 pitch actually. Lowered to 6.7 and seems better so far. Iā€™ll keep experimenting.
I think my only gripe on the game so far, and I this may be a simple fix (or itā€™s by design?), but the momentum of the ball through the inlane will typically come to a halt as soon as it hits the flipper rubber, throws off flow and timing big time. Anyone else notice this?

It goes away after a few dozen games

#3430 3 years ago

Terrible game ended pretty decently, started Chinese democracy on ball 3 with no locks ended up with an applause jackpot and beating shall we play a game for a pretty decent 12 mil score.

#3432 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

I read some into patch strategy. Can some of you enlighten me on where to start. I need to understand groups of patches better. Curious what people go for first and then later in game.
On the SE I can play. I have been going with the fender patch first, then I switch over to song boosting patches for the album Iā€™m going after. I think there is probably a better way than this.
Also are there patch combinations that help with non song multiball?
Thanks

Iā€™ve had the game for over a month and havenā€™t paid 1 second of attention to patches. They just arenā€™t presented in a way that is intuitive imo. At some point Iā€™ll figure it out

#3434 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The patches and patch sets you go after totally depend on where you are at. If you need an extra ball, go after the vendor patches (Fender, Marshall, Vater, Gibson) and you will light extra ball. If you have the Appetite Album mode lit, go for the the Appetite patch and you get progress towards the death blow shot on him.
Typically as a general rule, Iā€™ll go after Bra and Underwear on ball 1. This patch set gives you double bonus for the rest of the game. From there Iā€™ll go for poster and T-shirt. This set will cut your rockit meter flipper decay in HALF. This is useful during hard songs so you donā€™t get booed off stage.
Lots more strategy here but thatā€™s some ideas.

Thanks. Itā€™s all a bit overwhelming for my taste. There just seems to be too many patches with rewards that are too specific. Iā€™m sure some folks love that level of detail though. Not using the patches hasnā€™t impacted my enjoyment of the game at all though Iā€™m sure my scores would see a bit of a boost if I highly optimized my patch strategy.

#3545 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I was told my game was shipping either last Friday or today....and it showed up today. Nice surprise!!!
No Slash poster in the box was a minor disappointment BUT The Spaghetti Incident? The F$!&ING SPAGHETTI INCIDENT? Unbelievable.
The incredible sound and light show are tempering my disappointment but Iā€™ll learn to live with it.
[quoted image]

I bet If you email JJP theyā€™ll send you a different decal

#3576 3 years ago

when you order through a distro, do they actually put your order in with JPP on the spot? or is it possible that you ordered with your distro 20 mins after reveal but they didn't actually place your order with JPP till days after? Also, do some distros place pre-orders on their own behalf knowing that they can sell/transfer them to customers later? If yes, those might be the orders that are shipping out earlier.

#3625 3 years ago

I don't think he's referring to hop, I believe he means the flipper rubber grabbing the ball and slowing down its momentum. In my experience this goes a way over time and can be instantly fix by changing the rubbers.

#3678 3 years ago

the camera makes me look like a fat ass, anyone else?

#3681 3 years ago

I look a little better on my DI, GnR adds 2 chins

#3787 3 years ago

Just had a nice game, 50m.

#3791 3 years ago

Is there a way to cancel slash solo?

#3797 3 years ago

Has anyone ever been booed off the stage? Seems like the song meter thing is way too easy to max out

#3928 3 years ago

Those EU prices are criminal

#4069 3 years ago

Just blew a 30M song jackpot

2 weeks later
#4481 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Question for SE owners ... are you still enjoying your game or do you have regrets not getting an LE?

Zero regrets, love the flow of the SE

1 week later
#4712 3 years ago

Any sense for when the next code update will be? The desert mini wizard mode desperately needs to be coded.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#5057 3 years ago

Is there a way to check the alignment of the third flipper? The loop is pretty hard to hit on my machine.

#5073 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is there a way to check the alignment of the third flipper? The loop is pretty hard to hit on my machine.

no one else finds this kind of clunky?

#5083 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The loop has a small jump before the top lanes, so itā€™s never going to be like Stern Star Trek. That being said, I regularly loop 3-4 of them. Currently there isnā€™t a ton of incentive in the code to loop them over and over anyways.

I originally had moved the flipper a little bit to the right which allowed me to repeat 5+ pretty regularly. However that caused my left orbit shots to hit the top of the right sling. I wish there was a marker or something to align this flipper. Annoying.

#5122 3 years ago

1.12 will be coming to the website soon

How about WiFi update?

#5203 3 years ago

Would you guys recommend a shaker for the SE? I donā€™t want it to drown the music.

#5206 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For me I strongly recommend it. Great integration on this game for a shaker.

What are a couple of cool places where itā€™s used? Thanks

#5212 3 years ago

Is there a code update available? I am still on 1.08 and nothing appears when I check for a new update

#5223 3 years ago

Does JJP sell headphone jack kits? I canā€™t seem to find them anywhere

#5271 3 years ago

I got an SE thinking that I might upgrade down the road but now there is no chance. The SE is a fantastic game- though a very different game than the LE.

I think of it as the shooters version of GnR. It plays much faster and has much better flow than the LE. Itā€™s a great pure shooter- shoots more like a stern than any JJP (thatā€™s a good thing). Visually itā€™s much more open so you can see the ball travel, it almost has an old school look with how flat the playfield is in the center, I love it. The light show is a 9.5/10 vs a 10/10... still the best in pinball.

What makes GnR pinball special is the music, assets, and lightshow. The SE has all of that and puts in a fast flowy package. Perfection!

I agree that the art is the ā€œworstā€ of the 3-but itā€™s still fantastic! It depicts a scene straight from the game in original art. Better than most other pins out there.

I have a feeling that once the SE becomes more widely available it will develop a cult following of its own with many preferring it to the LE.

#5280 3 years ago

Anyone know If I can buy a headphone jack adapter from JJP?

#5283 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

You sure can, pretty easy install also

I canā€™t seem to find it online? Did you have to email them?

#5422 3 years ago

JJP wants $300 for a $5 headphone adapter

Even stern, who has the balls to charge $1000 for a topper only asks $90 for a the headphone jack...

*$300 does not include shipping

#5425 3 years ago
Quoted from Occelot:

Hey guys, is the Standard worth the money?

The standard is absolutely worth the money. But itā€™s a totally different game than the LE. In my mind SE doesnā€™t stand for standard, but rather Speed Edition. If you want the faster, flowier, more pure shooting GnR- get the standard. If you want a more complex and whimsical world under glass- get the LE. I personally would keep my SE even if given the choice between the two for the same price. The light show on the LE is slightly enhanced because of the color rails and spot lights but 95% of it is there on the SE, and itā€™s second only to the LE in terms of best light show in pinball.

#5429 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone with an SE, do you think thereā€™s good location for these two amps? I had them installed on Metallica years ago and kept them after selling it just in case I had a use later. There wasnā€™t a good spot for them on my Aerosmith, so maybe they can be put to use on GNR.
Not sure if they could even be connected to use the LED in them, but still look good not lit up.
[quoted image]

Tons of room on the upper left stage

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5438 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I see this a lot, but I donā€™t think itā€™s true.
Is it because there is a physical ball lock on the LE? Because you plunge after ball locks?
In a game with so many multi balls, and so much going on, a few plunges isnā€™t even a factor when it comes to speed and flow.
Also, going up the left ramp and directly into a shot, like the bass or lock is excellent flow that the SE doesnā€™t have. Plus, the way the LE releases the locked balls adds a lot to flow. You donā€™t have to wait for launched balls to clunk their way through the skill shot and out.
You could say the SE has less flow and shoots worse because the upper play field shots are great. Both models are about as equally fast though. Getting the locked balls out quicker makes the LE feel a bit faster.

I donā€™t think you can overstate how different the games play and how much faster the SE is... A quick ramp vs an upper play field with 3 or so different shots (and a vuk) and a 6 ball physical ball lock that plays a prominent role in the game play. The LE is much more stop and go...In multi ball you have a lot less to worry about on the SE because you donā€™t have to pay attention to the upper play field. The SE also looks much more open so itā€™s easier to see the ball(s) and track your shot. Eric Meunier himself describes the SE as a much faster game....

#5449 3 years ago

Anyone have a JJP headphone adapter the want to sell?

#5468 3 years ago

Spending 10k on an LE and not spending the $300 on pinwoofer is a big mistake

#5471 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I just watched the video. Does it make a big difference?

I honestly think it makes an enormous difference

#5507 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Any of you guys buy the pinwoofer bracket and is it helpful? I really donā€™t want to drill the bottom of the cabinet to install it.

You only need it if you want to move your game without unplugging the amp. Seems pretty useless to me. The amp is heavy and has nice grip.

#5554 3 years ago

The sad thing is that the industry should be going towards lower prices (relative) not higher. Jacking up the prices for GNR is an admission that JJP doesnā€™t have a long term growth plan and that they see the current increase in pinball popularity as fleeting.

My prediction: they will terribly over estimate the demand for toy story and price it outrageously high, it wonā€™t sell and they will be back to where they started.

#5556 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Business consultant much?
Putting up the price probably reflects the difference in cost between the cost of production when they announced the machine to the cost of this hateful covid world.
Do you really think their business model is to screw their customers?
Tell you what, link me to your business and i'l link you to mine.

I think they have no idea what they are doing and or donā€™t care about their customers at all... As evidenced by the total lack of communication in the past regarding issues like boning customers who had CE deposits that werenā€™t honored or playfield issues or taking deposits on games without even acknowledging a time frame to deliver the product.

#5558 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Seem to have a bit of an idea. Ran a cracker of a business through the bit of a hiccup. I sent em some funds.
Once again, post your business credentials.
TrollTrollTrollPunkin

Fanboy

#5560 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Funny. Have a look at my collection.
I'm a Williams/Bally fanboi.

Itā€™s a nice collection

#5564 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

No way Toy Story is as big of a hit as GNR. And if the prices stay up JJP may lose sales to Godzilla. Unless of course Stern raises prices as well in which case we are all going to feel it. The price will not come down EVER and you are going to see all things get more expensive.

They did come down for GnR SE. it was a step in the right direction and something Eric said he was proud of in the promo video, all for nought

#5575 3 years ago

Ok canā€™t believe I didnā€™t think of this sooner but here is a must have mod for any SE owner to completely eliminate the left ramp rattle/wiggle

Simply place a 3/8 inch rubber on the post under the ramp nearest to flippers. Itā€™s fits nice and tightly so I donā€™t see it ever popping off.

Rattle gone!!! Takes two seconds
30BB0157-6729-48F9-AD3F-5B3478E6C016 (resized).jpeg30BB0157-6729-48F9-AD3F-5B3478E6C016 (resized).jpeg804FC356-CFF0-48E3-9D77-2F2A38378AD4 (resized).jpeg804FC356-CFF0-48E3-9D77-2F2A38378AD4 (resized).jpeg

#5600 3 years ago

My sneaky most satisfying shot of this game... when you hit a wicked right ramp shot and the ball slams into the side of the cabinet and rolls only touching the right drum stick!

#5606 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the support! I thought I'd post the jjGnR graph since it's an extreme example of temps and how much the fans can take off them. jjGnR was really tough to get the temps down on. I ended up stepping the fan CFM up twice and it will use a fan not widely available in the US in anything more than onesie-twosie qty, so I had to special order them from Taiwan. It has 50% more CFM than any of the other Tibetan Breeze kits for much better airflow, which in Karl's testing I found was pretty much mandatory to get the extreme temps down and keep them there. Unfortunately that means it will be a little more expensive, but the goal is to keep the cooled coils below the threshold of fade, so flipper performance stays crisp no matter how long you play. On jjGnR with the standard fan and even a +20% CFM fan it wasn't enough to guarantee it would stay below that threshold based on the tests, so the +50% CFM one became THE fan for all JJP games.
One interesting thing is the 3 flipper JJP kit leaves one power lead that can be used for a 4th bracket to cool the left diverter coil if people want. That diverter gets VERY hot, but I don't think the heat really affects performance in-game, just maybe smells like burning after a few hours. Initially in tests it hit temps of 219.9F after a few hours of play, but with the new software in Karl DeAngelo's latest test it never quite got above 200F, so...whatever JJP did made it somewhat better, but still not great. Cooling it will be an option for those that want to do it if they buy the 3 flipper kit because of that extra power lead.

How do I order?

#5616 3 years ago

Ok Iā€™m on a roll today, hereā€™s another easy high-impact DIY mod for your SE

I placed some clear domes over the bulbs on the stage and it really enhances the lighting and adds depth to a pretty flat area. I used some carefully applied double sided clear mounting tape and it looks awesome.
03E9CF54-83F2-4791-BE8B-48EFB59C8163 (resized).jpeg03E9CF54-83F2-4791-BE8B-48EFB59C8163 (resized).jpegE6352E41-A696-4B02-96F5-B8BE18469631 (resized).jpegE6352E41-A696-4B02-96F5-B8BE18469631 (resized).jpeg

B469705F-6D77-4D33-98B5-13695E5C9AAA (resized).jpegB469705F-6D77-4D33-98B5-13695E5C9AAA (resized).jpeg
#5641 3 years ago

Are there official art blades for this game?

#5728 3 years ago

Just saw another chip on my SE towards the scoop
[quoted image]

Barf where is your other chip? How many games have you put on it?

#5754 3 years ago

This is the other chip I posted it a while ago. I showed it to someone at JJP a few months back.
[quoted image]

Are JJP doing anything for you?

#5801 3 years ago

So is desert demolition coded yet? Looks like there are some some new animations in this update or am I imagining things?

#5887 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Thanks, that worked.
Also, it been bothering me for a while but how hard is it to move the main Monitor ? Mine came in slightly off.

Easy itā€™s just held by magnets

#5942 3 years ago

Is the shaker meant to register on the Richter scale? Feels like itā€™s going to bring the house down. I canā€™t seem to find any shaker intensity settings in the menu.

#5971 3 years ago

Suddenly noticed a constant popping/cracking sound coming from the speakers. Itā€™s not very loud, I can only hear it during boot up/attract mode... but itā€™s annoying. Started after I updated to 1.14 but not sure itā€™s related. I am using a pin woofer kit. Has anyone noticed this?

#5974 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I get a popping sound on my JP after I upgraded to pin woofer kit, but not on my other games that I upgraded to pin woofer. It only pops when I first start the game with the ball in the trough, with the audio looping through the beginning music sequence.

Strange, Iā€™ve had my pin woofer since November and this either just started or I just noticed it and itā€™s always been there. I updated to 1.14 and moved my game to another room... I feel like one of those two things causes it

#5996 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Suddenly noticed a constant popping/cracking sound coming from the speakers. Itā€™s not very loud, I can only hear it during boot up/attract mode... but itā€™s annoying. Started after I updated to 1.14 but not sure itā€™s related. I am using a pin woofer kit. Has anyone noticed this?

Update: total user error on my end. I had my speaker wires pinched in the backbox, happened when I moved my game.

#6012 3 years ago

Putting pinstadiums on an SE is like wearing a push-up bra when you have 3000cc implants

#6013 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

According to my distributor the SEs are being built now and Iā€™ll have mine in a week or two.
I was on the list for both the se and le but told him a month ago to get me what ever I can get the soonest. Messaged me a week ago and said he would have some SEs by end of the month so I did it. I know 3 guys waiting on the LE they ordered day 2 of them being on sale. Figured if I play theirs and love it then I can upgrade someday.

If you like fast flowy gameplay you made the right choice. I love shooting my SE, I wouldnā€™t trade it for an LE if it was offered for free (resale value aside)

#6052 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:My LE is very much the fastest of the 25 games i own. So much so that at the moment at least, it's too much pinball for a man of my low skill level. Struggling to get over 3m.

Really? Your AFM should be much faster I think

#6076 3 years ago

what do yā€™all have your flipper power at? This game plays so much better with powerful flippers but I want to make sure Iā€™m not gonna to damage my game. Right now I am at +2 on each flipper, 18 on upper

#6152 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

You are lucky to be on that side of the pond. I was quoted $450 to ship to US

Donā€™t worry you paid like a million dollars less for your game for being on this side of the pond.

#6159 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's not for everyone mate.
As a high functioning alcoholic (like a high functioning drug addict) a person has to give up a lot of things to concentrate dwindling resources on other things.
Not financially so much as you can brew for next to nothing, but memory, family, friends, sex life, health and time on this planet are all on the negotiating block. It's not so romantic as it looks from outside.

Take food from my mouth
Take my sex
Take my friends take my lovers
Here take this
You'll never know what you do to me
Maybe I'm wrong
Let's take this journey together
Please come please come along
Apologies for the derail, it's a bad habit.

How many beers do you drink a day?

#6181 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Question, is the new code update worthwhile? I'm on the original version 1.08 and I understand that the latest is V1.14. This is my first Jersey Jack pinball and it seems that updating the code is not easy. I was told that because the pin was logged into my WiFi that code updates will load automatically, but that has not been the case. Conversely, using an USB stick seems tricky at best and complicated by the fact that I have a Mac computer so the download tool is different. I tried to download the "unebutin" tool for my Mac, but I can't open it up, same with "Rufus." If the new code is worthwhile I will continue to try; otherwise, I will just skip it. How about trying to do it via the WiFi instead of using an USA stick?, is one method better than the other?
I firmly believe not to fix something that is not broken.

No one has bricked their machine trying to update. Connect your machine to wifi and do it wirelessly. I did it in 10 mins.

*nicoy3k is not responsible for any damage done to your machine

#6220 3 years ago

Love this game but a few things that need to be addressed

- scoring still feels to uneven. I just made it to encore on civil war and didnā€™t even score 2 million because I accidentally started the song as a mystery award.

- completing mini wizard modes needs to be worth at least 10 million points

- better indication/visualization of what my song levels are before a song. Right now Iā€™m just going by feel

- I am really feeling the flipper fade, after a few games I struggle to hit the left ramp.

#6226 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

JJP's philosophy (my observations based on this and POTC) is you have to do well leading up to the mini-wizard modes in order to earn big points in them. No freebies. Max out your album levels as much as possible. Keep playing songs from the same album, do well in the songs, and get your record to platinum before starting an album mode.

Eh... itā€™s a waste of time then. Might as well always skip the mode if I can get 30m playing a single song Instead. Same issue with every mode in this game really. I love playing them but they simply arenā€™t worth it from a scoring perspective.

#6238 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Regarding album modes:
I think whatā€™s missing is the dangling carrot. Not necessarily more points, but a reward for completing the album mode to help progression in the rest of the game; i.e. completing automatically lights the next song, or awards 3 patches, or adds ball saver to the next album mode played. Something like that.

Oh yea patches... Iā€™ve had my game since day 1 and still pay zero attention to those. I think they are integrated really poorly. If I wasnā€™t told they were a feature I wouldnā€™t even know they exist. I just donā€™t think that type of thing is for me... tracking 50 patches that all do extremely specific things sounds more like work than fun. It just lacks elegance. I kind of wish there were just 5 patches that you had to build strategy around. Just my personal preference. To me itā€™s feature diarrhea. I LOVE this game, but for having a giant main LCD plus a second LCD it sure feels like they do a shitty job of communicating WTF is going on (song level, patches, etc). Itā€™s like they design the LCD Visuals on a desktop monitor and donā€™t user test legibility from a players perspective. Playing the game should teach me the game to an extent...

#6244 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I agree though your two comments seem to explain your scoring complaint.

I figured, the game requires you to decipher and track 50 patches to put up a score. Seems... odd.

#6248 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Itā€™s nowhere near as complicated as youā€™re making it.
Itā€™s a feature you can ignore at first, then grow into as you start to build skill and understand the game.
I consider it a lot like the character system from POTC - buffs that enhance/change the gameplay - but instead of having to choose up front (which overwhelms some) you get to opt in.

Disagree, though itā€™s all personal opinion, I think there are way too many of them. And thatā€™s not even getting into how you can group them. Itā€™s less of a complexity thing and more the fact that tracking them and memorizing them and applying them is work not fun. Making them critical to scoring makes the game feel unbalanced.

For my tastes, patches should work something like:

- limit them to 5, maybe 10 at most
- no song or album specific patches
- show me a simple menu to select my patch after I choose my song
- patches should be timed, hitting the action button during a songs starts the patch that you selected on a timer

#6254 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Patches are harder to collect on the LE. Falling off the top playfield (through the hole below the flipper) spots an inlane lettere but it's not a safe return to the flipper. Other times, a ball is locked in the guitar head or shot to the bass VUK, neither of which spots a patch lane. It seems like patches would be rather simple on the SE; trap up and backhand the ramp.

Yea, it would be cool if patches were rewards for mini tasks. Hit 10 ramps? Hereā€™s a patch. Hit 3 inner loops in a row? Here is a patch. Get a 5-way combo? Here is a patch. Get 200 spinner spins? Here is a patch. Hit a super Jackpot in x multiball? Here is a patch. Anyway, Iā€™m done ranting. Like I said love the game.

#6293 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

CE #299 in the house!
Having a lot of fun. A few observations:
- The bass is pretty nonexistent out of the box. A sub add on is necessary if you want a good music experience.
- The stock monitor settings are awful. Way too washed out. Changed mine to Brightness of 0 and Contrast of 100 and ironically itā€™s pretty bright and no longer washed out but also not oversaturated
- I really wish we had a printed manual. After I already set the pin up, I found the manual online, which had way better setup instructions, color images, and if you have the topper, way clearer information.
- I feel like the shaker needed to be turned to low so it didnā€™t shake the house down. Feel like itā€™s perfect at Low.
- I had to make several adjustments to areas the ball would hang, or to avoid drains SDTM off the plunge. I guess this is part of the ā€˜NIB experienceā€™.
- The packaging and delivery of the pin were spot on. Great job by JJP.
Thanks to everyone in the Pinside community, and to the JJP team that watches this thread, so that I could address these issues efficiently!

Get a pinwoofer kit, must have for this game imo

#6301 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Just want to verify that the SE doesnt come with a shaker? Anything else i should order before game shows up thats needed like rubbers that wear quickly like some of JJPs other games?

A set of Titan rubbers, is switch out the flipper rubbers before game 1

Shaker

Pinwoofer (if you want much better sound)

#6359 3 years ago

How quickly should I be feeling flipper fade? Seems like my right flipper specifically needs more juice. I have it set at 27 but at times Iā€™m struggling to get up the left ramp with authority (it makes it but with no speed). I wonder if my outlet is giving me issues?

#6366 3 years ago

fans arenā€™t available yet correct?

#6388 3 years ago

Just got my headphone adapter kit from JJP for my SE. can anyone help me understand where I plug this in, there were no instructions. Thanks

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6390 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

thanks, how about the cable to the board?

#6392 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

If you explain what you mean i'll see if i can help.

Is there a cable running from the headphone jack to the green board on the left side of cabinet ?

#6395 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, to plug at the top, white, yellow, black and red wires.
[quoted image]

Lol god dammit the SE doesnā€™t have that connection soldered on to the board... what a pain in the ass

#6397 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Is the SE cabinet cut out for the headphone plate?

Yes.... I have the power connector there as well

#6399 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Sweet. Post some pics when you are done.

Canā€™t connect...

006B6075-F463-4E9B-B654-52B817610A2A (resized).jpeg006B6075-F463-4E9B-B654-52B817610A2A (resized).jpeg
#6400 3 years ago

Do you guys think I could just use something like this to connect it?

ebay.com link: 1PC NEW 10PIN Solderless Push in Pin Header 2x5 0 1 2 54mm spacing

I really donā€™t want to take out the board and take my horrible soldering skills to this thing....

#6403 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Looks like the SE board is missing all the components on top.

Hmmm do you think that will prevent the headphone adapter from working? Seems insane to sell a music pin that canā€™t be used with headphones?

#6407 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it looks like all the stuff to drive that output is also missing and the board is specifically labeled for SE machines, so it's likely not working even if you add the header.
All that is is audio out, though, so you could probably put a splitter on the audio output on the mini-headphone port on back of the PC motherboard and run that to the jack on the front with a long cable and an adapter to that 4 pin connector.

Do you think I would be able to use the volume control? Could you show me what kind of adapter you are talking about? Thanks

#6413 3 years ago
Quoted from MarkA:

I'll be home tomorrow if you want me to solder it in for you. I have the connector in stock too.
Ah but after reading more, I can see that you don't have those other components on your board.
How many of you out there want a Pinnovators headphone kit for an SE???
If enough people want one then we will consider it!
Mark

Hey mark nice to see we are in the same area. Id definitely be interested and If you ever need an SE guinea pig im your man

#6417 3 years ago

Does your right flipper fade much faster than your left flipper? Iā€™m wondering if there is an issue with it... just had a decently long game, three songs two all the way to applause jackpot and by the end of it making the left ramp was 50-50. The left flipper seems to keep its power no problem.

#6419 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Right flips are higher than left ones in the audits for me, 176972 / 232927.
More use = more heat and more fade.
I cannot endorse the Vireland Tibetan Breeze fans highly enough, they have made the game feel consistent for hours of play.

thanks definitely going to order those the minute they are available

#6421 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In testing the right flipper gets hotter than the left as it's used more. It's especially an issue if you have one of the builds with the larger FL-11629 coils on the right flipper rather than the smaller, cooler FL-15411 (that still fades in GnR, but not as fast as it doesn't get as hot). It seems like JJP has moved to FL-15411s on all three main flippers now, but there are still some out there with a single larger FL-11629 on the right (or strangely, just the upper right instead on at least one) that will get even hotter than the 15411s. You can tell what you have by looking at the numbers on the flipper coil wrappers. 15411s still fade, but they seem to top out about 40-50F less than the 11629s. So still pretty bad, but not as bad.
In one of the non-cooled baseline temp tests Karl Deangelo (who traps a lot) had a temp of 219.8F on the right flipper. In the final long test, the Tibetan Breeze kit installed cut 100F off that temp and restored full power, but it was a struggle getting there. It required multiple tests with increasingly more powerful fans since the standard fan I use in the Spike and Spooky kits didn't have enough CFM to keep the coil below the fade zone. We stepped up from the standard fan to one with 20% more CFM to finally one with 50% more CFM to get to a point where the temps could be held below the fade zone with only maybe a quick spike into the bottom of it if there was a lot of trapping for a long time (we're talking like 20min straight). So the JJP kit will be different than all the other kits so far in that the fan is much more powerful because of the extreme temps the coils generate.
Here's a graph of the temps from those two tests on the right flipper. You can see that the uncooled right flipper was already at a crazy 195F after only about 30 minutes of play...
[quoted image]

Can I pay you now for this kit?

#6445 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

They need to do a better job communicating this situation during gameplay....a countdown to applause time-out or something.

I mean itā€™s pretty clear when the scoop turns a blinding blue

#6447 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not if you are like me and only have attention for the 3" space around the flippers during multiballs.
Not everyone is a good pinball player mate.

I suck you have to be pretty good to get to applause with more than one ball

#6449 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

One blue light while 300 others are going?
Ha ha
Man this game has a lot of stuff going on all at once and when your flipping 3 to 6 Balls around on top of all that....
This game is sensory overload.
That and I am getting old too.

Maybe on the SE itā€™s easier to see

#6483 3 years ago

Has my biggest

Quoted from pinballjah:

Was playing last night and got to Encore and game just seemed to stay in a constant loop. I tried everything but couldn't get game to start up again. Had to restart the game to get it working again. Was during November Rain, if that makes a difference. Is this a known issue? I have the SE. Thanks.

Yes Iā€™ve read about this issue

#6484 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A> This isn't a new problem. You're only reading about it so much because there's a solution for it now and people enjoy having the option.
B> Flippers still work, even when faded. You just don't get top performance out of them. Same fade story since forever.
C> You're right, there is no argument, fade is not new. JJP didn't invent it. Ask tournament players about classic 1980s and 1990s B/W machines that faded on them late in a tournament.
There's no hoping required. For jjGnR, if you play 30 minute sessions or less you will likely not notice fade at all. If you play longer sessions (especially if you trap up) you will likely notice fade. This isn't a defect, it isn't new, but there is a ready made solution now if you don't like it. Simple.

I think I may have given him the wrong impression with my posts. I am seeing a lot more than slightly noticeable fade after 30 mins of continuous play- more like extreme fade on the right flipper after 1-2 long songs. Now, Iā€™m almost certain this issue is to an extent contained to me. I either have a defective right flipper or am getting really inconsistent power from my outlet and itā€™s mostly affecting one flipper (is this possible?). When I touch my right coil after a game it feels much hotter than the left to the touch. I also did notice that when I turned off a lamp I have connected to the same outlet my flipper power felt much better. That being said, are your fans available for sale now?

#6489 3 years ago

quick update on my headphone adapter situation, the controller board with the proper connection/hardware was supposed to be included in the kit. They are sending it to me. Crisis averted.

#6507 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I've got a fresh SE in my garage - looks like it arrived safely with no damage! Waiting for the kids to get home from school to help bring it in. I'll make sure to post some real good pictures since those or hard to find on the SE.

I'm curious if they are still adding washers, take a pic if you can

#6512 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I donā€™t think I could convince myself to be happy with the lack of RGB hot rails, invisiglass, shaker and the red artwork and trim - not to mention the entire upper playfield

And I couldnā€™t convince myself to be happy killing the sweet flow and speed of the SE with an upper play field and ball lock. My brain canā€™t keep track of both a third flipper and upper playfield during 6 ball multiball. To each their own right?

#6518 3 years ago

pin monk fans available yet?

#6545 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The SE us cool to be sure but the LE upper pf doesn't kill flow at all. I like flowy games and I still prefer the diverter to be down to access that upper pf goodness. The lock shot and vuk are sweet shots to make. In particular the left flipper backhand intovthe guitar lock or vuk... such a smooth feeling when you make it. Each to their own of course but to suggest the SE shoots better is horse shit... jmho

Itā€™s great that you prefer the upper playfield. And Iā€™m not arguing the fact that the UP shots donā€™t feel smooth when you hit them. Or that the LE isnā€™t a more beautiful world under glass with awesome extra features that I wish the SE had (RGB rails). That doesnā€™t change the fact that the SE is a faster game with more flow. Itā€™s how the game designer himself described the SE... I mean entire point of the game before a song is to lock 6 balls, the LE stops flow after every lock... during a song itā€™s multiball, adding an UP will naturally make it harder to track balls for combos and flow... not to mention that the SE looks much more open, so itā€™s even easier to track the ball...

#6555 3 years ago

The one ā€œtoyā€ is the spinning disc

#6560 3 years ago

is there a full list of updates?

#6587 3 years ago

I ainā€™t updating !

#6603 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I donā€™t understand why theyā€™re even updating the code to this game at all... itā€™s already a perfect 10!?!

Umm... there is an entire main album mode that isnā€™t coded!

#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Anyone have the balls smack hard against the side of the inner cabinet wall before rolling down the drum sticks or is 7 layers of carnuaba wax my problem?

Yes I LOVE it most satisfying shot in the game when that happens (especially when it rolls touching only the right drumstick)

#6661 3 years ago

Just email JJP they will send you new sticker

#6721 3 years ago

Finally fixed my Weak right flipper issue...

The bracket opposite of the coil stop was installed very slightly off center, this caused the coil post to rub against it Just a tiny bit (I couldnā€™t even feel it by moving the flipper). Over time some gunk built up causing even more friction on the movement... This also caused the right flipper to heat up much faster.

#6725 3 years ago

Hmmm I take it back

This game (SE) might be faster than AFM with properly working flippers (set at +2)

Amazing amazing

#6728 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Installed the 1.17 Code today on my SE. I am still getting dead flippers when collecting a jackpot in the middle of the song.

I think that is intentional

#6742 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Question on the SE for locked balls. Is there a visual for how many balls are currently locked? I know I can hit the status report and it will tell me and it also says how many are locked if you lock another. But is there anywhere on the screen/playfield I can look at and see the current number of balls locked for song mode?
Also anyway to tall how many more ramp shots are needed for the next ball lock?

Yes the gun barrel insert near the flippers, when one bullet is green it means a ball is locked

Two shots per ball

#6824 3 years ago

Is there a way to lower the shaker intensity? I feel like the shaker is so strong its going to losen some screws

#6848 3 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Have the Standard Edition GNR been discontinued?

With the back log of CEs LEs and Toy Story I doubt there will be another run- but you never know. There are still some distros with stock available from the very latest March run I believe. After that... good luck.

#6860 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I hope not! I've been working on this proof of concept piece for the empty stage on the SE. I haven't done a new mod in years - pretty excited about this one if it is viable. I have to decide.. add lighting or is existing stage lighting better? I really like the back panel artwork on the SE, so I don't want to cover it up - I want to work with it to blend in with the 3D pieces in the foreground. The textured panel, though, doesn't work well reflecting nearby LED lights.
Pictured is my rough concept piece. The finished piece will be much more detailed. Need bigger speakers and Melissa's DJ station needs more bling.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Iā€™d buy it

#6865 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

So im starting to really get the code i think. Its not very deep if all you need to do is play a song from each album enough to light the album modes and play all 4 of those. Then get slash solo and tour multiball. Then your at the final wizard mode Not in this Lifetime? That it? I almost did that already on 2nd day.

You did all that in one game or across multiple games? Whatā€™s your high score?

#6872 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

One game and it was probably only my 20th game ever on it and to add insult to injury the crowd sensor board is shot so no make some noise multiball. I expected deep deep code since its Keefer but seems they spent alot of time on songs but not depth if your like me and try to destroy a game. Ill have to look at my score tonight when i get a chance but i think it was only 25 million or so. I know we've talked about SW premium before and that games got more depth to make it to the end then GnR, im stunned!!! My best on SW is 7.5 billion as a reference.

I feel like GnR Is more of a scoring game than a progression game. The whole point is to build up song values and then blow up songs. The depth comes from trying to maximize your set up for the song and then having 20+ā€™songs to choose from. Your score seems way low for having gotten that deep into the game, Iā€™ve collected single song jackpots worth 40+ million. The risk reward of collecting a jackpot or going for broke is the game.

That said, I think getting to the wizard mode is pretty dammed impressive. That means you built up 4 songs, Played them all for like 3+ minutes, then played 4 mini wizard modes and two other modes. Keep in mind that itā€™s early code and one mini wizard mode isnā€™t even coded....

Try increasing your flipper power and your pitch. The SE should play super fast and pretty mean. You can also play with settings to make the game tougher

Iā€™ve gotten deeper into SW in less time with the game and feel like getting to Jedi multi ball is not much harder than nitlt... to me the real depth in SW comes from trying to maximize the multiplier.

#6876 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Do you have stacking turned on or off on your SW? On my SE I'm at 6.8 degrees factory lanes. I just expected something alittle different i guess knowing Keefers other games but what's there is good. Id do like the game it's fun. The light show for some of the songs is great. There is work needed on both Use your illusion modes and all around polish. Game definitly puts you in a multiball trance and you jam to the songs with a flood of balls coming at you for minutes on end.

Stacking is on but I never select it. I find that with r2 and Han you can blow through the modes pretty quickly

Donā€™t get me wrong itā€™s not easy and Iā€™ve never gotten there, but Iā€™ve gotten pretty close just playing for score. Though you are better than me my best is only like 4.5 billion

#6891 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

WOW this game and company are beginning too sound like a continuous TRAIN WRECK, really considering canceling my order .

Please do

#6910 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Honestly I had no idea how the boosters worked in the game when I made it deeper into code. I just played it to get to wizard as fast as possible. Now that you guys took me to GnR jackpot school I'm excited to see how big of jackpots i can pull off! I can say I do enjoy the multiball trance it puts me in with 6 balls just flooding me but made my hands hurt first day, lol!

Nothing like having a huge jackpot built up only to choke like a dog trying to cash out during applause jackpot

I think you said it right, itā€™s a relaxing (but high energy) game. You basically pick a song to jam out to and see how big you can blow it up. Itā€™s a nice change of pace from other games

#6941 3 years ago

Patches are randomly assigned right? So when you say you are going for a specific patch you are just waiting for it?

#6945 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Use the lockdown bar button to select which patch you want to work on.

ha, for some reason I thought that just cycled through the patches that I had already collected. You're saying I can choose any patch before collecting it and that is what I will earn?

#6947 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Yes, you can choose what you get.

lol good to know

#7054 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Wanted to get some ideas on how to protect a clear coat issue I have at the, "make some noise" flipper. The game was like this nib before I even played it and I haven't given it much thought, I figured if this might be an issue years down the road I would like to prevent any major issues if I can.
[quoted image]

Yelobird method to flatten the clear then a Mylar washer around the post

#7055 3 years ago

PSA: check the two posts under the back stage, they arenā€™t held down by lock nuts and my were basically completely lose before I noticed it. Insanely bad design for posts literally in the pop bumper area.

#7153 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I might have to adjust my left orbits ball guide then. It always hits a sling even at the highest speeds when ive felt all along it should feed a flipper to keep the flow going. Thanks!

Should go to the flipper I had to bend my ball guide

#7170 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Man what a difference! The flow of the game completely changed coming off that orbit. Now its welcome to combo city!

Hitting the right orbit right ramp combo is so juicy

#7202 3 years ago

What kind of washers came with your sling posts? Mine arenā€™t flat and have some rings on the underside. Do the rings serve a purpose? Canā€™t tell if these are generic washers or special ones designed by JJP? I see that even the CE comes with washers on the posts. Thinking of switching them for a cliff carbon washer or something

#7244 3 years ago

I ainā€™t updating!!!!!

#7424 3 years ago
Quoted from untamedinc:

New to pinball purchasing. Curious what the normal timeframe for purchasing a new machine such as GNR from JJP would be from the factory/dealer? Is it usually within the first year of availability only? Or do they do additional builds? Thanks.

Iā€™ve read this post 10 times and still am not sure what youā€™re asking lol.

2 weeks later
#7885 3 years ago

Pinwoofer kit is the only must have mod for this game at this point IMO

1 week later
#7979 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is everybody else getting shooter lane protectors? I just installed mine today - I think they are a must given the number of balls this thing fires out.

No I just put 3 layers of Mylar where the ball hits the lane, 800 games in... no issues

#7980 3 years ago

Definitely recommend the cliffy scoop

#8029 3 years ago

Ok so itā€™s been 7 months and desert demolition is still not coded... any ETA for this?

#8110 3 years ago

Theoretical question, what happens if I accidentally install the LE software on my SE via USB?

#8124 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Won't work. Brick the game. Have to reload SE Full Install.
LTG : )

On the JJP site I only see a single download for 1.21. Is it the same code for all models? Or is that only for the LE?

#8129 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Yep, same code...which what I meant when I posted yesterday

Ok Iā€™m on 1.41 and it says ā€œ1.41SEā€ which threw me off..

#8133 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I'm in line for an LE soon, but am not sure after watching gameplay footage. The lightshow is impressive, and integration looks excellent, but frankly Dialed In seems like a better shooter, with more innovative mechs. Do you guys get tired of the heavy use of mulitball to advance through the songs? Maybe I'm just used to multiball as a reward for advancing rather than using it to advance, but it seems a little chaotic with this strategy. Thanks for any feedback!

Dialed in lasted 3 months in my collection, I think the game is fundamentally broken code wise. GnR has been here for 7 months and is still my favorite

#8135 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I noticed some crimping on my record. Is there some sort of plastic protection I just forgot to remove, or is this the sticker itself and Iā€™d need a replacement. [quoted image]

Itā€™s just a sticker, Iā€™d as for a new one but wouldnā€™t bother replacing until itā€™s really beat up

#8143 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

So you got yours in early September eh?

Omg I miss calculated by one month! You got me!!

#8147 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Pinside says five months, not seven, so looks like you did it again.

Donā€™t you have 24 beers to drink?

#8149 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's 7.30 am.
Like talking to a preschooler.

So youā€™re trolling a pinball forum first thing in the morning? Pathetic

#8151 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Your better off just sticking to your opinionated lies mate. You dig deeper every time you type.

I thought you said it was too early to start drinking?

#8153 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

There's a cure for the addiction i have that you like to lord over me because it makes you feel bigger while looking smaller and smaller.
Your problems, not so much.

Help me out here, is your addiction beer or being an asshole on pinside?

#8155 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Usually there's no arguing in club threads lol. We all have a GNR or one on order during a global pandemic, let's be as happy as we can A beer sounds good right now.

Sorry Iā€™m done

#8207 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Nothing more frustrating than losing a 17M jackpot!

How about losing an 18m jackpot? :p

#8289 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

13 mil in about one minute of play isnā€™t too shabby. Granted, itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve ever completed the mode in about 50 attempts haha. [quoted image]

Nice! I hate this mode... I think Iā€™d like it if they would allow the cannon to spin Back around if that makes sense

#8296 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Like he said... Use your Illusion II Album - Cannon Can Wrap Around in Tear Down the Wall

Didnā€™t know that, not sure I love they solve though

#8466 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

When hitting the right orbit on my game the ball will exit the left orbit and hit the top left sling sending the ball out of control. Before I make any adjustments I wanted to see how other peopleā€™s game behaved. Is this how everyone elseā€™s game is?

Pretty common adjustment that's needed. Step 1 make sure your pitch and level is exactly how you want it. Then go to work loosening and adjusting the left ball guide. Like the other poster mentioned, even when dialed in it wont go to the flipper 100% of the time, there are certain ball speeds where it will still hit the sling.

#8472 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Mine does this as well. I was going to look into adjusting the left orbit guide. Not sure if there is room for it to move at all.

There is some room to move it but I had to bend the end with a pair of pliers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

300 posts in this topic match your search for posts by nicoy3k. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoy3k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.