Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 560.
#13851 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So my spot light motors aren’t working after 100 games. Is it worth getting replacements from JJP or is it better to buy the 3rd party replacements i read about somewhere?

I had 4, yes 4 motors fail from JJP...on 4 different assemblies.

I replaced the JJP motors and linkages with hobby store servos and 3d printed linkages and haven't had a problem since...

Unfortunately, the ones used in JJP are prone to failure in my experience

#13852 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I had 4, yes 4 motors fail from JJP...on 4 different assemblies.
I replaced the JJP motors and linkages with hobby store servos and 3d printed linkages and haven't had a problem since...
Unfortunately, the ones used in JJP are prone to failure in my experience

Considering the relatively low cost and reduced hassle of not having to KEEP replacing the JJP-supplied ones, I'd just do the same. Get the better servo Zaphx found, install that, and be done with it.,

#13853 2 years ago

I got a service bulletin from JJP regarding the spotlights. I have the PDF if anyone wants a copy. The description is here:
"A piece on the bracket is causing the link to flex and over time the link will break.
A small modification needs to be performed to the Spotlight bracket to correct this issue"
It's dated May 28, so hopefully any parts after that don't need modification.

From the document:

pg 1 (resized).pngpg 1 (resized).png
pg 2 (resized).pngpg 2 (resized).png
pg 3 (resized).pngpg 3 (resized).png

#13854 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Considering the relatively low cost and reduced hassle of not having to KEEP replacing the JJP-supplied ones, I'd just do the same. Get the better servo Zaphx found, install that, and be done with it.,

I cannot assert that it's better yet - time will tell - but so far I've replaced two HobbyKing servos with EMAX and so far they have held up.

I've got two more ready for when the other two HK's fail.

Given how cheap these things are I don't mind them being an infrequent wear item.

#13855 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I cannot assert that it's better yet - time will tell - but so far I've replaced two HobbyKing servos with EMAX and so far they have held up.
I've got two more ready for when the other two HK's fail.
Given how cheap these things are I don't mind them being an infrequent wear item.

Sorry to bother you, but I did not find your post in this regard. Could you please tell me what the exact description of that EMAX servo is? Thank you in advance! The second servo in my left spotlight stopped working tonight.

#13856 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Sorry to bother you, but I did not find your post in this regard. Could you please tell me what the exact description of that EMAX servo is? Thank you in advance! The second servo in my left spotlight stopped working tonight.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/176#post-6250280

#13857 2 years ago

Perfect, thanks a lot!

#13858 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't see posts at all other than the ones in the plastic.
[quoted image]

This one. Bottom right hand corner of the photo.

gunners.post.pdfgunners.post.pdf

#13859 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

This one. Bottom right hand corner of the photo.
[quoted image]

Ok. Congrats?

#13860 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ok. Congrats?

I am being crystal clear. You could not see the correct photo so I re posted it for you.

#13861 2 years ago

That's one thing you can call it anyway.

#13862 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am being crystal clear. You could not see the correct photo so I re posted it for you.

Yep I see it. Thanks?

#13864 2 years ago

belabor-the-point-6226 (resized).jpgbelabor-the-point-6226 (resized).jpg

#13865 2 years ago

I read that title three times as bell-ah-bore ... wondering wtf is this new word ... Then I read the rest of the gif. I'm so funny.

#13866 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I read that title three times as bell-ah-bore ... wondering wtf is this new word ... Then I read the rest of the gif. I'm so funny.

Mac hine all over again.

#13867 2 years ago

Hi team,
My autoplunger has been firing immediately when starting each ball. Any fix ideas?
Thanks,
Mike

#13868 2 years ago

One too many balls in the game ? Issue with the ball trough opto boards ?

LTG : )

#13869 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

One too many balls in the game ? Issue with the ball trough opto boards ?

So looks like the "good" rollover in shooter lane is flickering on and off so when it gets turned on the autoplunger thinks I already launched and hit "good" . Any tips for rollover repair? Day 2 game. Everything awesome so far though we have played hinders of games already!

#13870 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Any tips for rollover repair?

Turn the game off. Check the arm of the switch carefully - centered in the slot it goes up and down in the playfield ? Not dragging going up or down ?

If that is good, push it up and down a bunch of time to hopefully clean it internally.

If it persists, likely a flaky switch.

#13871 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I searched this thread ab an hidden egg of the GnR, but didn´t find anything, or I missed it.
See a tour video:
During Attract mode hit the the buttons as followed in a row:
2 x right
7 x left
1 x right
14 x left
1 x right
18 x left
2 x right
have fun
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It worked! It's pretty cool. My only complaint is that it's too short! Really cool video. It's amazing to me these guys are still alive after the lives they've lived! Could have been a 30 min video...

I needed a longer break after my 57mil new GC game I just had. (Hey, 57mil is good for me ok!?! )

#13872 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn the game off. Check the arm of the switch carefully - centered in the slot it goes up and down in the playfield ? Not dragging going up or down ?
If that is good, push it up and down a bunch of time to hopefully clean it internally.
If it persists, likely a flaky switch.

Thanks, LTG. But aren't they optos under the shooter lane rollovers on GNR. It's not switches with arms. There is a green GNR shooter Lane board underneath. Its the GOOD rollover.Thanks.

16296888498584936423194926666586 (resized).jpg16296888498584936423194926666586 (resized).jpg
#13873 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks, LTG. But aren't they optos under the shooter lane rollovers on GNR. It's not switched with arms. There is a green GNR shooter Lane board underneath. Thanks.

I'm talking about the switch right in front of the plunger.

#13874 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks, LTG. But aren't they optos under the shooter lane rollovers on GNR. It's not switches with arms. There is a green GNR shooter Lane board underneath. Its the GOOD rollover.Thanks.[quoted image]

Isn't there a user-run calibration option for those in the system menu?

#13875 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm talking about the switch right in front of the plunger.

Yes that switch is fine. The GOOD switch is flickering in the test menu. It is being activated when nothing is in the lane. That seems to cause the ball to then be autoplunged.

#13876 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks, LTG. But aren't they optos under the shooter lane rollovers on GNR. It's not switched with arms. There is a green GNR shooter Lane board underneath. Thanks.

You might have to manually re-calibrate the sensor switches. I had the same issue on my guitar neck - one of the sensors was going crazy on and off in switch test.

You have to go the menu, tests, devices then sensors I think. Once in there press the start button and it re-calibrates all the sensors. Fixed my issue.

But I notice now that I have to keep doing it every so often to re-calibrate all the sensor switches.

#13877 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't there an auto-calibration option for those in the system menu?

I find the auto calibration doesn’t work as well as manually doing it for some reason - maybe the auto is a quicker calibration.

#13878 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You might have to manually re-calibrate the sensor switches. I had the same issue on my guitar neck - one of the sensors was going crazy on and off in switch test.
You have to go the menu, tests, devices then sensors I think. Once in there press the start button and it re-calibrates all the sensors. Fixed my issue.
But I notice now that I have to keep doing it every so often to re-calibrate all the sensor switches.

Thank you sir will try this!

#13879 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't there an auto-calibration option for those in the system menu?

Yeah the auto calibrate starts on game.power up. Lane works good for a few balls then get crazy. Tried doing it manually so will see. Thanks LTG as well for your help.

#13880 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yeah the auto calibrate starts on game.power up. Lane works good for a few balls then get crazy. Tried doing it manually so will see. Thanks LTG as well for your help.

I meant the calibration you have to enable from the system menu, so I guess that's manual? If that doesn't cover it, sounds like a flaky sensor, OR a loose connection.

#13881 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

So looks like the "good" rollover in shooter lane is flickering on and off so when it gets turned on the autoplunger thinks I already launched and hit "good" . Any tips for rollover repair? Day 2 game. Everything awesome so far though we have played hinders of games already!

Mine does this regularly.

Sometimes it does it from the start. Other times it takes a few games.

I was just playing it and it's pretty easy to recalibrate in the menu. Somewhere in there it says SENSORS. Then you just go through it. I think instructions are on the bottom. PUSH START to calibrate. Etc etc.

Do this.

#13882 2 years ago

Does it say skill shot then launches a ball? If so here’s what I did per JJP tech call. First lift the playfleild and check the connector with all the white wires under the skill shot inserts on both ends by disconnecting and checking to make sure the pins are seated correctly. If they are, remove the screws attaching the board to the playfield and clean the inserts with a Qtip and the corresponding sensors. Reassemble and calibrate. Also inspect the multi colored wire bunch for nicks in the insulation as other have reported issues. This has worked for me so far.

#13883 2 years ago

Finally getting mine delivered in the next week. Does anyone have the dimensions of the box it comes in? Need to judge whether I need to inbox it outside or it’ll fit through my doorway

#13884 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does anyone have the dimensions of the box it comes in?

About 32 inches by 32 inches by 60 inches.

#13885 2 years ago

Anybody know if there is a way to adjust the spotlights? The default position for the right spotlight is slightly angled up so that it hits my eyeballs during regular play. The left is angled down more and is fine.

Has anyone else has to adjust this?

#13886 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you, outside it is

#13887 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Also there’s a pallet the box is strapped to which is 38” x 38” x 5”

#13888 2 years ago
Quoted from Gear_Grinder:

Does it say skill shot then launches a ball? If so here’s what I did per JJP tech call. First lift the playfleild and check the connector with all the white wires under the skill shot inserts on both ends by disconnecting and checking to make sure the pins are seated correctly. If they are, remove the screws attaching the board to the playfield and clean the inserts with a Qtip and the corresponding sensors. Reassemble and calibrate. Also inspect the multi colored wire bunch for nicks in the insulation as other have reported issues. This has worked for me so far.

Thank you this is so helpful! Will go through these steps today.

#13889 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thank you this is so helpful! Will go through these steps today.

No problem! I hope it works for you

#13890 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Anybody know if there is a way to adjust the spotlights? The default position for the right spotlight is slightly angled up so that it hits my eyeballs during regular play. The left is angled down more and is fine.

I’m pretty sure that I saw a something to do with spotlight sync or adjust in the settings or test menu that might address that condition.

#13891 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

It's a little bit fiddly.

- Power the game up to attract mode, then turn it off. That will center all 4 servos.
- Loosen the screw and adjust it to vertical center then tighten.
- Repeat until happy.

This is also what to do when you replace a servo.

#13892 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's a little bit fiddly.
- Power the game up to attract mode, then turn it off. That will center all 4 servos.
- Loosen the screw and adjust it to vertical center then tighten.
- Repeat until happy.
This is also what to do when you replace a servo.

Excellent, thank you! I will give that a try tonight.

#13893 2 years ago

Anyone know of a JJP rubber cross reference chart?

All the ones I have found out there have past and current manus and their part numbers except for JJP.

Looking to make an order for rings and want to have all my bases covered.

Thanks.

#13894 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

All the ones I have found out there have past and current manus and their part numbers except for JJP.
Thanks.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5755

#13895 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Thanks.

Go to titanpinball and look at the rings kit database. These are customer entered and sometimes people upsize the rubbers, so check a few to be sure.

#13896 2 years ago

My shooter is inconsistant. It will seem normal 90% of the time. Then it will be so weak that you can't get the ball onto the playfield even when you pull it all the way back. I took the glass off and poked at the area like an idiot, but it looks normal to me. I'm new to pinball. Any suggestions?

thanks!

#13897 2 years ago

Sling rubbers need upsizing from stock.

#13898 2 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

My shooter is inconsistant. It will seem normal 90% of the time. Then it will be so weak that you can't get the ball onto the playfield even when you pull it all the way back. I took the glass off and poked at the area like an idiot, but it looks normal to me. I'm new to pinball. Any suggestions?
thanks!

A couple things to check.

- Is it a CE model? It might need a different spring, if an early one.
- Is the shooter tip intact, or is it torn/missing? Replace if needed.
- Does the shooter line up with the center of the ball when it's resting on the forks? Loosen/adjust shooter mech if needed.
- Do the autoplunger forks jump when you plunge? Loosen/adjust shooter mech if needed.

#13899 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sling rubbers need upsizing from stock.

I'm not so sure about that. I just installed the larger ones from the titan kit and the sling action has dramatically reduced. Probably going to order the stock size.

#13900 2 years ago

No worries, let me know how long they last.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/278 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.