IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#388 3 years ago

Who’s getting a Standard? Anyone planning on streaming it? Would love to see it in action.

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

This is about all I have. Game is from Helicon Brewing. Unfortunately not my own....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Somebody fix that tilt bob!

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So topper options for LE?

A badass Marshall themed sound bar seems best.

#698 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That delay though..... Not sure it would work well

What delay?? You’re saying the CE sound bar has a delay? That would be horrible.

#701 3 years ago

Then hardwire the mod. Why wouldn’t you be able to do that?

#842 3 years ago

What do you mean? Did they mess up the LE sales too? Haha

#852 3 years ago

Crazy. Yeah pick one or the other. Don’t do both. AP has the same model. If they get a game made that is crazy popular like this, hopefully they adjust that process.

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I can’t wait to see the SE in action. I don’t want to sacrifice any of my machines to get the LE. I just started getting into this hobby and can’t bring myself to selling anything yet.

Don’t do it. I’ve regretted it every time I’ve sold something to get something.

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Tell me one thing that you buy for $10,000 that you have to fix? Oh yeah a 2003 BMW?

A pinball machine. Stop trying to compare this hobby to something else. It’s unique, and not for everyone.

#1082 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Somebody educate me please I have 2 Sterns that I haven’t had to do anything with and my MMRLE has needed maintenance as well as my JJP WoZ.

You’re lucky. Enjoy your games. All companies make great games and all companies’ games will have issues from time to time. Only way to shield yourself from this completely is to buy used so you can inspect before you buy.

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

has anyone made a decent gameplay video ??

Buffalo pinball has on on YT as well as what the flip on twitch

#1331 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Well it's not exactly what I'd call a lot of points or anything

It definitely is if you build it up and cash in a triple. Got over 300-400k from it before. Nothing to sneeze at. It’s pretty easy to light.

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Micro said they now have more durable playfields, called Spectrum playfields

Yep. And funny enough, they will all look like this.

I hope we don’t get bored of this layout being used on every game.

1965BE1D-8DC7-4C4B-B12B-043D0664D0F9 (resized).jpeg1965BE1D-8DC7-4C4B-B12B-043D0664D0F9 (resized).jpeg
#1515 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Didnt know Spectrum had no outlanes. Can you lose the ball in another way other than the centre drain? Such a trippy game - whoever designed it was definitely on acid.

Center drain only. That plunges the ball too. Also the slings are just static plastic. Very weird.

#1517 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Ok, another rules question. When in song mode any you're building your jackpot but you finish your song and get an encode song, what happens to the jackpot you had built up? I've not noticed. Does it keep building? Auto collect?

You have a short period of time to collect at the saucer. If you don’t collect it, I believe you miss out on the points and do not get encore. But maybe I’m wrong and you just miss out on the points.

When you get encore the flippers die and the cool encore animations start, then the next song on that album starts right away.

#1519 3 years ago

No way it keeps building. You have a short time to hit the scoop at the end to collect. Sounds like encore only requires you to make it through the song, and doesn’t require the jackpot collect.

Your boosters carry over though, so that’s the most important thing.

#1537 3 years ago

Well, that kind of sucks. That's incentive to not finish the song if you have a high enough jackpot built up. It should auto collect as a bonus for finishing.

The jackpot gets so big it should never be a gimmie. The saucer shot is a gimmie enough.

Adds to the stress and reward.

#1546 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Location is a terrible place to judge the refinement of a game. Just say’n

Yeah sorry not buying a game to see if I like it. Location is fine if they take care of their games. Luckily most do around here.

#1555 3 years ago

No way can you do that. Once you take the box, it’s yours.

#1559 3 years ago

It already does. It’s just not a hurry up. It’s takes a ton of work to build up a massive one. I’d rather it stay full value.

#1564 3 years ago

I’ve seen that scoop be worth over 25 million before. So you want that value to keep going up after you reach the end of the song? Seems excessive. Haha

#1740 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you have to do something to qualify the song jp cashout? Had one built to 10 mil. Drained to 1 ball, hit scoop, and....nothing. Flipped around for a bit, I think I hit the scoop again and...nothing. Then drained.

You have to complete the current set of shots. Each album has a color code. The mini screen in the back tells you how many shots are left until the next time the center scoop lights for collect or add a ball. It flashes green when ready.

If you have multiple balls in play and the scoop is lit, it just automatically adds a ball and continues.

#1821 3 years ago

It’s probably just swinging for too long. Ear plug mod to the rescue!

#1847 3 years ago

Why did your coil still overheat before the fuse blew? Was it over fused?

#1965 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Yeah it seems somewhat like that shot in Deadpool, which is badass. I am hoping that rail can be adjusted, it just depends on if a slotted screw hole exists.

Which pop is catching the ball when you make this shot? Maybe play with the level of the game a tad so the ball avoids the pop skirts and makes the complete S.

#1969 3 years ago

Yeah since it’s hitting the bottom one, making it a tad more shallow might do it. Just a tiny bit can change the balls path, so just do it by a couple turns on each back leg.

Feel your pain there. You have to take apart half of stranger things to get the demo out.

#2277 3 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Any updates on getting a Titan rubber kit put together? Sounds like flippers are a must. Still waiting to hear on my LE date, but want to be prepared!

Just buy a bulk kit and have extras!

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Is the jumper necessary?

No. Should sound fine with using only one set of inputs.

#2418 3 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

A little bit better scores than the 3M GC I had the other day, now that I understand a few more things. Play the songs all the way through, light EBs, use the mini-multiballs to qualify songs. The Album modes all feel like they need work. Fun shooting game. What do you guys think is going to be a great score?
[quoted image][quoted image]

100 million once these start getting in more people’s hands.

#2428 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are you saying crowd, pyro, lights, and amp build your song value?

Yes.

#2434 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

All this talk about the rules, this and that pisses me off to no end. Enjoy your damn games while most of us no have idea what you guys are talking about. Why you ask? Because we don’t have our damn games yet.

Buckle up. You’re going to be waiting a LONG time. I suggest taking a road trip and finding one to play on location.

#2437 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How did the tournament go with no ball saver?

Game kept resetting so we couldn’t use it. Haha

#2439 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Did you disable the camera? Known bug.

Wasn’t aware of that at the time so no.

#2452 3 years ago

2021 is when CEs ship from what I hear.

#2456 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

First I’ve heard of this. Was there a common denominator when it happened?

No. We didn’t disable the camera though. Possibly it was that.

#2472 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

The game has been in operation for 4 days
5 minutes 22 seconds on average plus with 212 plays the rubbers are already breaking. This is terrible quality We noticed that the flipper rubbers are wico did someone raid a 20 year old warehouse?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I suggest stepping up the size a 1/4” to a 1/2” for the sling when replacing. It will help the silicone last longer. And stay on rotating them as well so you won’t have to replace them right away.

#2476 3 years ago

Silicone wears quick on high impact areas. I would put a super band ring on that post. Beware though. Once it’s on its not coming off unless you cut it off.

#2479 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All of the silicone rubber rings are garbage. I’ll try a Titan set and see what happens. Anyone have a size / quantity list?

They should be fine everywhere but slings and any posts that get hammered. For the slings get a few different sizes. Bigger the better. If you have to stretch them a lot to fit, they are gonna break in no time.

#2483 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are others that I had to rotate or they would be broken by now.

Are the JJP rings Titan?

#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Back hand it... shooting from the right can lead to risky ricochets. Backhand is quiet safe and reliable.. so try to get back to left flipper.

Good luck getting it to the upper playfield on stock flipper settings though. Haha

#2499 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

They shouldn’t wear that quickly regardless.

I agree. Just trying to help.

#2502 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

I appreciate your responses but you clearly have not operated a high volume route or arcade. Your suggestions are not realistic.

I do not operate them no. But have friends that do. They simply replace rubbers a lot. Sterns stock rubbers hold up well but the the games need cleaned a lot more.

Super bands seem to be what lots of OPs switch to but competitive players hate them.

Silicone can last a decent amount of time if they aren’t too small and you can get to your games regularly. If not, I suggest using super bands.

#2575 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Does anyone know what the average wait time would be if you ordered an LE straight from JJP?

No one has any idea. Sometime in 2021 for sure.

1 week later
#2782 3 years ago

Pretty awesome that Scorbit will be in every game. That stuff isnt cheap if you bought it separately.

#2787 3 years ago

This system is made to be put in at the manufacturers level. It was a great idea to partner with JJP! Hopefully other manufacturers line up too!

#2846 3 years ago

No. Think Pindigo. Except after playing a game your app shows a score that was just had on a game near you and you click claim, and done.

#2884 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No way 30 games have been made. Try 150-200 between LE/SE.

So that means like 50-100 since launch? Thats gonna take forever to get the rest built. I would hope more than that.

#2954 3 years ago

No one knows really. Assuming they keep making games at the clip they have been, combined with the huge backlog they have, it’s going to be a while.

#2982 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So at this time, to be clear, NO ONE has rec’d their CE’s? Over 1 month and 2 weeks the most expensive model gets left behind! What am I missing?

Nothing. You’re not getting your game until end of Q1 2021. Just expect that and if it’s sooner, yay.

#2984 3 years ago

Yep. Nothing you can do but wait. And hope you still want it when it’s ready. Haha. Jk.

#2993 3 years ago

Well with only about 300 or so games out there it mine only be like 5-10 owners in here. Haha

1 week later
#3200 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

For those that have played the game, do you find it boring after a while? I see some comments on Reddit that there are too many multi balls and plays choppy. I’m just having doubts with my gnr le preorder. Thanks for the input.

Once you learn the game the multiballs don’t feel too frequent. They are welcomed to help your through the songs and other modes. It’s definitely not the smoothest shooter, but I think the layout and shots are solid.

It’s definitely a unique ruleset, so I suggest finding one to play before paying in full.

#3322 3 years ago

It’s got lots going for it, but it also has weaknesses.

Same for AIQ.

Neither is perfect.

I’ll be voting for AIQ since it has better shots and gameplay/rules imo. Those are the two most important things in a game for me.

GNR is amazing in all the other facets, but falls short in the shots and gameplay/rules compared to AIQ.

RM will get some votes, but I fully expect a close one between GNR and AIQ. AIQ will probably win solely due to more people having played it.

#3324 3 years ago

Yep. That’s where it’s weak, but for me, the areas it’s weak in are way down my priorities list for game of the year.

#3363 3 years ago

It’s a club thread. And someone asked if we thought it was game of the year. I assumed they wanted responses.

As for the rest of your comment, I have no idea what you’re talking about. Haha

#3366 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

To be fair it really should be owners only, even comments or questions. I agree with John1210.

Why? Almost everyone in this thread doesn’t have the game. Club threads are for owners and fans. Always have been.

#3629 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Also, there is a way to play the booster multiball AGAIN to try to get more jackpots before you start the song.... With a certain patch set......

Well since you can Max the meters by hitting their various targets, what would be the incentive to play those booster multiballs again? Builds the meter faster in the multiball?

#3634 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

To get more jackpots. The booster jackpots have a huge impact on song value.

Gotcha. Good to know. Thanks!

1 week later
#3942 3 years ago

All sounds right to me except you can’t start a song while in a booster MB.

#3957 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I always lock balls before I start the song. It increases the song starting value and it also appears to correlates with the number of balls you get in the song multiball. I'm not 100% certain on that one.

Yep. Whatever balls are locked before the song are how many you get in the song to start with.

Quoted from Looprunner:

It appears that hitting the action button earlier is the way to go, but I could be totally wrong.

Should be a meter on the LCD. Hit the button when the fuse is in the middle area for the maximum jackpot value.

#3963 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

But the jackpots don't carry over, correct?

Carry over to what? The jackpots and progress you make during the booster multiballs, increase the song value when you play a song afterwards.

#3968 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I believe I've gotten multiple fuses in one pyro multi-ball. Maybe that's not the case. I was just curious if you let one go if the next one would be much larger.

Yeah You can get as many JPs in MB as you know want. The more you get, the more valuable the song mode will be I think.

#4182 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The "good" news is that upper playfields are -usually- not too expensive. I think POTC was $99.
Playfield swapping a mini playfield is not too daunting.
Not saying yours is ok, just saying that your absolute worst case scenario is not too terrible.

JJP should be sending him a new upper playfield for free. It’s brand new.

1 week later
#4428 3 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am thinking about getting GnR. Luckily there is one on location where I am moving this week so I will get a chance to play the game. How does sales tax work these days if I buy from someone outside my state?

If they sell a certain amount to your state they are required to charge you sales tax.

#4431 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Collect sales tax. You’re obligated to pay it either way.

Yes you’re right but no one does.

#4433 3 years ago

Incorrect, if its an out of state order, there is no sales tax. The exception is if the dealer is out of state but has a "warehouse " or shipping facility in state. Then taxes are required.

If a dealer sells a ton to your state, you’re gonna get charged sales tax on top of the game. If they don’t do much business in your state, you’re clear from them charging you.

You owe in either case though, but again, no one ever pays.

Look up Nexus rules for more info.

#4452 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

It’s been like that from 2013 to today. I don’t think it will change. I’m ok with 1 a year. That’s just me.

I’m okay with that too. But they aren’t making one new game a year.

#4563 3 years ago

I would just make sure and take detailed pics, send to your distro to get it documented and let them know if any of this gets worse.

#4663 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Which ninja balls are people using in the machine? I thought carbon since the game has a magnet.

The only pinballs I’ve never seen get magnetized are the Titan pinball standard shiny balls. I keep them stored in a large storage bag with some zoom spout oil on them and they stay nice and shiny forever.

#4687 3 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Anybody have some links to some good vids showing strategy?

#4727 3 years ago

Standard shiny balls are still plenty shiny. Get those and never look back.

#4730 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Per posts above, the concern with standard balls is the magnet and getting magnetized

Standard balls won’t ever magnetize.

Get standard shiny balls from Titan pinball. I’ve never had one magnetize and have used them for years.

#4733 3 years ago

That’s ball baron. All theirs magnetize.

Titan pinball’s standard shiny balls don’t.

#4737 3 years ago

That’s from the super shiny pinball. Get the standard shiny ones.

1 week later
#5050 3 years ago

Unless there’s something wrong with the plunger outer spring, or the plunger was installed wrong. Shouldn’t have to move it to lift the playfield.

1 month later
#6363 3 years ago

Just get the fans. Then you won’t have to worry about it and play however you want for as long as you want.

#6365 3 years ago

Yeah not sure why they thought using the parts alone would bring back the same feel.

#6438 3 years ago

I’ve never heard the fans. But I am also not bothered by power supply fans (I can hear those).

#6455 3 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

It got me bad, I tried to bend it as well,I don’t seem to end up with enough gap. Time for a new rubber,hope I can get one before this one expires. Pictures are before the bend.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Rotate it for now so it doesn’t snap on you.

#6481 3 years ago

Yeah I wish these fans were factory installed.

#6592 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So after collecting a song jackpot the flippers go dead? That’s normal behavior.
Collect applause jackpot —> flippers die —> encore sequence plays —> ball get ejected into the shooter
Maybe I’m missing something.

Song jackpot and applause jackpot aren’t the same thing.

#6769 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I was searching through posts, but it’s quicker to just ask. What are the best options for replacement pinballs in magnet games currently and where to buy?

Titan pinball standard shiny balls.

#6859 3 years ago

It’s a bit of both. I’m in the settings crew. I then just go and reset the high scores manually.

#6884 3 years ago

Play all the booster multiballs before starting a song and max out the booster values.

#7000 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can play games like Tron and AC/DC forever and not get flipper fade.

You’re getting it you just don’t realize it. Experiment by back handing shots.

Ever wonder why you can sometimes backhand the right ramp on AC/DC and sometimes it’s really hard? Flipper fade.

Same for left ramp of tron.

Most games it’s not a huge issue as it just slightly changes the timing of a shot and nothing else. With games that require a very consistent flipper power (R&M, STH, LOTR) it’s much more noticeable.

#7001 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

B/W games don't suffer like newer games either

Yes they do. Ever wonder why at herb style tournament why everyone tries to get to the games early and often? It’s because by the end of the day the flippers are super tired and some games become extremely difficult to do well on.

It’s always been an issue. There’s just more people noticing now combined with some new games that have ambitious shots that need very consistent flipper performance to work at optimal levels.

This is also not an issue if you typically play a game for 30 mins or less at a time. You’d have to play for at least an hour on most games to see anything noticeable.

#7007 3 years ago

KISS right ramp is a great example. Munsters and Star Wars right ramps are other examples.

#7078 3 years ago

Best to make sure you stretch them at the tip when putting the Titans on. Then get used to rotating them regularly so they last longer.

#7208 3 years ago

My guess is less than 500 and they aren’t making 5k unless they sell 5k

1 week later
#7603 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Best mini pf in pinball.

If this is true. You have to give it to ACNC for being first and having pretty much the same shots.

#7604 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Oh please. Everyone knows the upper playfield on WWFRR is superior lol

Another great upper playfield. Forgot about that. The tiny little kickback shot is so great.

#7699 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I think the patch sets are intended to be a surprise/something to figure out on your own.

If you want to know what patches and patch sets do, you can go here.

http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

1 week later
#7900 3 years ago

Just got booed off stage twice in the same ball.

#7905 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh chuck you can do better than that [quoted image]

Not with these crappy flippers I can’t. Haha. Good lord.

#7906 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Pick an easier song. Or don’t suck.

Trying to maximize score, so I let the game choose for me.

#7933 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There is a dramatic difference in song difficulty level.

Good to know. The ramps were borderline impossible to make especially with 6 balls in play. Only was able to make it through 3-4 waves. Was trying for encore on each song.

#8209 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

the number of ways to approach the gameplay and to increase your score are insane.

I’d love to hear more on this because I think I’m struggling. What are the various ways to increase your score? The only way I’ve found is to go for a big song jackpot. If you don’t get that, you’re score is super low.

#8232 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The big song jackpot is The Way.

That’s what I was afraid of.

#8238 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Give it some time to cook. It’s all about the risk v reward and doing side objectives to build and collect.

Yeah I got it. Haha. I was hoping I was missing something. That part alone isn’t enough for me unfortunately.

I hope you’re right about the score balancing. The album modes are really disappointing at this time. If those get a major boost, that will help for sure.

Let me ask you this. You need to score 20 million points but can’t collect a single song jackpot. What’s the strat?

#8241 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No jackpot collect or applause? I’m assuming applause is fair game? But safer route is Probably go the traditional pinball route. 4 booster patches and play those multi balls until tour multiball is lit and play it. You can get some serious jackpots from the boosters.
Let me give that challenge a try as I haven’t really played the booster patch strat yet and want to give it a go. I’ll get back to you...

No jackpots in songs what so ever. Go a different route. I’m curious if higher scores are even possible doing something different than maximizing song jackpots or completing songs and getting the applause JP.

#8246 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Btw; scoring aside, have you played tear down the wall or shall we play a game?

Yes. Fun modes but got old when I wasn’t seeing the payoff that song jackpots were giving me.

I’ve seen everything in the game multiple times outside of the final wizard mode. The only times I’ve scored well are via song jackpots and applause jackpots. Just wonder if there are other ways. Sounds like there are, but might not be nearly as enjoyable or way harder.

#8247 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Fun modes but got old when I wasn’t seeing the payoff that song jackpots were giving me.
I’ve seen everything in the game multiple times outside of the final wizard mode. The only times I’ve scored well are via song jackpots and applause jackpots. Just wonder if there are other ways. Sounds like there are, but might not be nearly as enjoyable or way harder.

This is early code? Last I checked from what Keefer said it’s all there and scoring balancing/rules tweaking is all that is to come. That’s pretty baked if you ask me.

I hope you’re right though. I’d love to add this some day if it turns out to be something I have to have.

I was blown away at first, but after the honeymoon wore off, I was left wanting more to go for outside of the song jackpots.

#8250 3 years ago

Yeah I’ve gotten these a few times. Definitely a cool feature. Another piece that seems undervalued. But I could be doing a poor job of maximizing the value though.

#8252 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you want to open the scoring depth up, see if the operator can adjust some settings.

Haha. Not a chance unfortunately.

Appreciate the help though. Power chord is definitely right up my alley, but getting a six ball one seems almost impossible. Good challenge to go for none the less. Gonna try for it next time.

#8336 3 years ago
Quoted from ckorth:

However, that being said - may make a nice add-on for SE owners to get the color changing integration in addition to the white hot rails to give them the full color experience.

How is that possible when the SE isn’t even coded the same as the LE? It cannot mirror the stock lighting if the stock lighting isn’t even coded for RGB.

#8341 3 years ago
Quoted from ckorth:

Eric that make sense - Pinstadium should at least call that out in their marketing or note it for SE owners - if that's the case then it would make no sense for an SE owner if you are just getting more bright white light vs color! lol thx.

I’m sure it has colors, it just will be based off the hardware of Pinstadium, not the coding of the game.

I’m also not sure how they figured out how to make their kit mirror the RGB hot rails, but maybe they did.

#8449 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

So either it's not enough fade to matter or people aren't playing their gnr pins for extended periods? why isn't this being talked about as a number one issue unless the fade just isn't enough to affect game play?

Because it’s happening and they don’t realize it. Some think they are just all of a sudden missing shots for no reason. But there is a reason. Haha

Usually all shots can still be made, but timing changes and most likely, backhands become very hard or impossible.

#8451 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ah.. I get it. Thanks. How fast do coils cool down to fresh temp generally after reaching that max temp/fade point if you stop playing to rest them? Minutes? Half hour?

No idea. I haven’t done that type of research. Wild guess? 30 mins to an hour depending on the temp of the coils once you stopped playing.

#8454 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've played GNR twice and each time for about an hour .

Next time you play, backhand the left ramp. After 30 mins try it again.

#8456 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Will do , I'm positive I was able to do that last time but I will really keep an eye on it next time . Even when there were parties here and people were playing The Hobbit for the afternoon , I would jump on it and would still be able to play it just like normal .
I'm not disputing the coils can heat up and get weaker .
I just never found it to be a problem .

It usually isn’t a problem for most. But can become frustrating if there’s a shot that is really sensitive to ball speed. You may only notice that at the start of a session, right ramp backhands Zip up there and later ones only trickle up there. I’m talking ones that go all the way up to the upper flipper. I’m sure on the SE it never matters.

Another common way to tell are combos with a shot right up the middle. You may be able to do these no problem to start, then it gets way harder later (but still possible). AIQ is notorious for this. Deadpool and combining the left ramp to wolverine spinner is another.

#8458 2 years ago

No idea. I’m just an accountant. Haha. I just know that all my flipper troubles went away when I put these fans on my stranger things. So I’m on board for life.

#8463 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You’re able to backhand the right ramp on your machine?

Don’t own it. Just play on location a lot. I remember this being possible, but honestly don’t really try it. I feel like I always need the left ramp and never need the right one haha.

Bumping flipper power is a good call. On stranger things I couldn’t make it any higher, so I had to go a different route to keep the performance.

1 week later
#8895 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Couldn’t you guys just adjust the gap on the pop switch? Make it sensitive enough so it doesn’t get hung up?
Sounds a lot easier than sticking all this crap in your game.

This is what I’ve been wondering the whole time. If the pop is sensitive, the ball can never get stuck there.

#9027 2 years ago

I thought they fixed these issues?? Bummer. Not much can be done there except cover it, and hope it doesn’t get worse.

#9247 2 years ago

Karl good.

D568EB98-8CEB-4259-832F-F1354A0D6CA0 (resized).jpegD568EB98-8CEB-4259-832F-F1354A0D6CA0 (resized).jpeg
#9272 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looking for some advice on the scoop .I’ve played around with the L/R pitch and scoop strength but no matter what I do the best I can get is having to hard nudge with a double slap to possibly save 1/7 balls otherwise SDTM.I’ve watched streams most notable buffalos original which showed the scoop was sending the ball right smack middle of the left flipper .Before I get into tinkering with the scoop is there anything else in the adjustments I can try to correct this it’s almost making the game unenjoyable .Almost.Thanks for any help .

Adjust the hood slightly

#9282 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The 3 minutes I assume applies to all the album modes?
I was thinking how did I get here on a very sub par game and on games where I’ve gotten my highest scores didn’t see these modes.

It’s based on time in the album only. You can have horrible scores and make it to the album modes.

#9402 2 years ago

When they start to lose those shine or have lots of scratches on them.

#9440 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Never mind doesn’t matter .All that work I got the hood moved left and still the same SDTM every single time completly ruins every game .It’s unplugged looks like another Stern night .
[quoted image]

Take pliers, grab the hood and bend it one way or the other.

#9443 2 years ago

I’ve done this on every game I’ve ever worked on with a scoop hood. It’s not a problem and the tiniest adjustment will change the balls path dramatically.

#9445 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So I’d imagine take it by the right side where the back meets the curve “hood” and bend toward the left flipper is that correct ?

That’s what I would try first. But I would see if you can tell where the scoop currently shoots the ball now. I know it’s SDTM, but is it closer to one side than the other? If so, adjust to try and get it to shoot more to that side.

#9541 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Hey all- has anyone gotten to NITL? I finally did after 7 months and I’m confused but don’t want to spoil anything publicly so maybe can PM a friendly pinsider to ask couple questions?

Search IEpinball on YouTube and message him here or there. Karl has been there.

#9545 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl was confused, too, but he really enjoyed the game constantly changing up during the mode. It was fun to watch.

Right but re watching the video, you can follow what you’re supposed to do.

#9548 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, no, for sure, but getting there for the first time blind like Karl did, pretty much anyone would be confused because it keeps changing things up and messing with flippers, using playfield features, action button, etc to advance.

Haha yeah. It’s fun to go in blind, but that was probably not what Karl had expected. Usually it’s something a bit more straightforward, but I like what JJP did with the wizard mode. It was different, wasn’t over in 5 seconds, and would make me want to try and get back to it.

#9708 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Hopefully JJP is listening and fixing the situation for the future GNRs.

They aren’t. They said the CEs would be perfect. They aren’t. And it’s all on you if yours is messed up, so I would make sure you’re okay with the risk.

#10159 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern did that for quite a while.

They still do I believe.

#10161 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought they were primarily in-house now.

Only cutting and clearing in house. Using 3 vendors for art and final clear as of Summer 2019 when I was there last.

#10164 2 years ago

Sounds like there’s another issue with their diverter too if it’s burning.

#10297 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I believe the difference in having issues or not is how tight the posts are installed during assembly.

No way. If the art adheres to the wood correctly, you can tighten the post down until it disintegrates, and all that will be left is a white ring on the clear/art where the post damaged it from being over tighten.

Long story short, if the art and clear is applied correctly, this issue shouldn’t even be possible.

#10300 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I agree 100% but if it wasn't screwed as hard maybe you could get away with it . Maybe ?

We’re now back to thinking of bandaids. Just fix the issue and you don’t have to worry about it.

#10303 2 years ago

This issue is 100% on Mirco.

#10339 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think tightly secured posts are causing the pooling.

And I KNOW that if the playfields were made properly, tight post or loose post, pooling and art lifting would never occur. It’s just not possible on a proper playfield.

#10341 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Not so.. I installed a cliffy on my GOTG and torqued it too much. Rookie mistake. It pooled a little. Anything laid on top of something else can separate.

Sure it can. But it shouldn’t. Your GOTG playfield wasn’t manufactured properly either.

Pooling and art lifting off the playfield should ever ever happen. The art should adhere properly and the top coat of clear should protect the art.

If a post is over tightened, all that should happen is a white ring should be where the post was just spinning and digging into the art.

Hence why Mirco tried to prove his CE playfields were perfect by over tightening a post under the apron to show it wouldn’t pool. But he still sent bad ones out anyway.

#10398 2 years ago

Populated pf is the solution imo if it’s significant around more than one or two posts. That’s assuming they know what the issue is and the populated playfield has no issues.

#10461 2 years ago

Sounds like the ball would hit this and mess with gameplay.

#10630 2 years ago
Quoted from Qasper:

Sling strength? I didn't even know that was a thing.

All the new games have power settings for all the coils in a game.

#10649 2 years ago

I would get to repairing the one on that upper playfield ASAP.

#10700 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I also noticed pooling on your upper playfield post or at least looks like that from the angle?

Yep. Seems like this post is a guarantee.

A1A7C69E-2B3D-4894-9A9F-7C138829B770 (resized).jpegA1A7C69E-2B3D-4894-9A9F-7C138829B770 (resized).jpeg
#10837 2 years ago

Why not surround the edge of the scoop with Mylar, then if you want added protection put the cliffy on top?

#10840 2 years ago

Does it go all the way to the edge of the scoop where the artwork ends? That’s the most fragile part.

#10842 2 years ago

That’s good. Makes me wonder how the previous poster had a chip come off then. Maybe theirs had no Mylar?

#10926 2 years ago

You have to collect the applause jackpot at the end of the song. It’s on a timer, so if you don’t get it, no encore.

#10930 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I haven't tried bending the scoop which is probably my next move after I confirm level with a more accurate measurement device.

Do this.

#10942 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's pretty common that people jump in and post without reading much prior... So there's that too... stuff keeps coming back up in waves, always will.

Yeah I get frustrated with this sometimes as I’ve spent tons of time putting info out there that is really easy to find. But it is what it is.

#10948 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Actually, you only need to finish the song with a maxed out crowd meter. If it’s maxed, and you miss the applause JP, you’ll still get an encore.

Okay thanks. I feel like it’s hard to tell if it’s maxed. If it’s on fire, is that maxed?

#11191 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m not a very good nudger, so I added a couple of star posts to limit the cheap drains. Of course they sit on 3/4” plastic washers.
Now my son and I have a chance at starting 2-3 songs per game lol.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can the ball even got down the outlanes??

#11195 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It sure can and still does lol

PLAY BETTER!!!!!!!!!

D304CF37-2156-4961-B95A-981BEC082093 (resized).jpegD304CF37-2156-4961-B95A-981BEC082093 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.