Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 560.
#9551 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha yeah. It’s fun to go in blind, but that was probably not what Karl had expected. Usually it’s something a bit more straightforward, but I like what JJP did with the wizard mode. It was different, wasn’t over in 5 seconds, and would make me want to try and get back to it.

I think it's one of the most innovative wizard modes ever, if not THE most. Love the way Keith is using the playfield features much differently throughout and keeps changing it up. Obvious a lot of thought went into it, and it seems fun and challenging.

#9552 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Boo. That's not the level of polish I was expecting to see. Tacked-on LED strips in a plastic casing with wires hanging out? Come on.
Thanks for the pic!

To be clear that center wire is mine, it's from an Avermedia capture device for streaming.

#9553 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it's one of the most innovative wizard modes ever, if not THE most. Love the way Keith is using the playfield features much differently throughout and keeps changing it up. Obvious a lot of thought went into it, and it seems fun and challenging.

It’s fantastic. I was really disappointed with WW’s PI. This is a massive step up from that.

#9554 2 years ago

Here's the memo for installing your own LED's on your LE/SE

(See pics a couple posts above this one)

I mounted the aluminum track to the cab and box usign 3m tape and cut to fit. I used 2 power supplies attached to the backbox and extending down the back cab and underneath the cab. Going around the corners with the extenders using the strip connectors to join the RGB strip to the extenders. I put the wifi and IR sensors at the top of the backbox for easy remote access. Also used the already present adhesive to affix the strips to the metal track after using the supplied primer wipes in the RGB kits. Go easy on the track to pin tape..Only used 3 small peieces per track and some only 2 depending on size, just in case you want to remove it later. It is very adhesive and will hold very securely withonly a couple pieces. Download the Magic Home app and use Alexa combined with the App to findyour wifi and set up programs for your lights. Takes a bit of playing around, but the software is self explanatory.

Here's the links for what I used.

2 16 foot strips , with 2 power supplies and 2 wifi adapters. Also used double side 3m tape , and aluminum track with diffusers

Strip kit with remotes, wifi, and controller

https://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Waterproof-Controller-Compatible-Wireless/dp/B073F7FBC4/ref=sr_1_10

Extenders for going around corners

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YFRT861/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Strip connectors

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YFR63JP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Tape

https://www.amazon.com/3M-3614-15/dp/B002JOVUO0/ref=sr_1_14_sspa

Aluminum Track

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M09PBYX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#9555 2 years ago

Can someone please take a pic of this area for me? Seems like a post is supposed to go here? I noticed this today. It’s along the left orbit across from the guide separating the center loop. Thanks

6EAA7223-1A71-4391-996B-2FBE409549B7 (resized).jpeg6EAA7223-1A71-4391-996B-2FBE409549B7 (resized).jpeg
#9556 2 years ago

Looks like this is normal. Thanks Jguzik420.

#9557 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Can someone please take a pic of this area for me?

Check the gallery pictures at the top of this thread. It's in there.

LTG : )

#9558 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the gallery pictures at the top of this thread. It's in there.

Thanks I was going through them but didn’t spot the pic after a few pages. Are you saying a post should be there?

#9559 2 years ago

I’m officially in the club

EC4A91E1-6E07-4DDE-986D-EA70D8265DB9 (resized).jpegEC4A91E1-6E07-4DDE-986D-EA70D8265DB9 (resized).jpeg
#9560 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Are you saying a post should be there?

Nope. No post.

#9561 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thanks I was going through them but didn’t spot the pic after a few pages. Are you saying a post should be there?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/97#post-6070355

#9563 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m officially in the club
[quoted image]

Congrats ,clear your schedule

#9564 2 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I can't believe my LE is the first to have this problem (another one in my batch has the same problem). The left ramp diverter adjustment was all the way down upon arrival from factory. 14 games in and I notice this... Clearcoat and paint dust galore. I'm sure this is my fault for not noticing prior to putting any games on it! Anyone with a new LE may want to check the position of theirs. LE #953. Looks like a design flaw of the plunger length or the adjustment length. A slow motion video with the diverter in the fully raised position shows the bottom nut barely clearing the bashed in playfield.
[quoted image]

Had the same exact issue on mine, early build. Looks like someone took an axe to the playfield.

#9565 2 years ago

Can someone get a pic to show me the correct way these wires are supposed to be connected on the start button. Please help
414F39B3-ACCB-4BA7-8818-627ADB8BCFB9 (resized).jpeg414F39B3-ACCB-4BA7-8818-627ADB8BCFB9 (resized).jpeg

#9566 2 years ago

For those who encounter balls wedging stuck on the right side of the middle spinner, I tried two things that seem to have resolved my issue. First, I put down a drop of 3-in-1 oil on both sides of the spinner to reduce friction. I then used a flathead screwdriver to slightly bend the left side of the U shape, on the spinner axle on the left side of the spinner, towards the left. This essentially prevented the spinner from sliding over left as much as it used to causing the ball to wedge under and behind the spinner on the right side.

Now, anyone notice an unusually high number of sky shots that deflect either off the left or right(haven’t determined which) standup targets on the inner ramp(ramp to the upper playfield) and the ball sails into the left outlane for a drain? I noticed a round disc on a post that might be there to prevent this, but it looks like another one is needed on the screw just below that post. Maybe two elevated discs would resolve the issue?

I also had both posts just above the rear bumper(just below the top lanes) come loose. I checked and they are barely long enough to thread into the t-nuts. To fix this, I drilled a countersink hole and put the t-nut back. Now I can get 3-4 full turns on the posts into those nuts. Aside from the spotlight issues, everything else is working great on my LE.

#9567 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Can someone get a pic to show me the correct way these wires are supposed to be connected on the start button. Please help
[quoted image]

20210515_034518 (resized).jpg20210515_034518 (resized).jpg20210515_034611 (resized).jpg20210515_034611 (resized).jpg
#9568 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! Wanted to make sure it was right, couldn’t find it in the online manual

#9569 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Thanks! Wanted to make sure it was right, couldn’t find it in the online manual

glad i could help

#9570 2 years ago

Helped me too, i had the bottom wire backwards.

#9571 2 years ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

Now, anyone notice an unusually high number of sky shots that deflect either off the left or right(haven’t determined which) standup targets on the inner ramp(ramp to the upper playfield) and the ball sails into the left outlane for a drain? I noticed a round disc on a post that might be there to prevent this, but it looks like another one is needed on the screw just below that post. Maybe two elevated discs would resolve the issue?

I get them off the stand up targets right in front of the left ramp and they would drain down the out lane too. I think that disk is there just to protect the light but am confused how it’s helpful. The fix for this is to go to Lowe’s or any hardware store that sells clear corner protector used to protect wallpaper edges. Cut it down and use the plastic screws to keep it in place. Solved my problem. There are a few pics on here in earlier posts. For my machine it was mandatory to prevent this air ball drain at really inopportune times ruining a good game.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Miller-LLC-48-in-Plastic-Corner-Guards/1184387?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-pnt-_-google-_-lia-_-133-_-thinnersandsolvents-_-1184387-_-0&placeholder=null&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4v2EBhCtARIsACan3ny7vVMFXz3qMC9q-cKmSiKmKrzFQKCvOkEaHvwZ1Q-JhInXDzx-8XUaAmD2EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

#9572 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I get them off the stand up targets right in front of the left ramp and they would drain down the out lane too. I think that disk is there just to protect the light but am confused how it’s helpful. The fix for this is to go to Lowe’s or any hardware store that sells clear corner protector used to protect wallpaper edges. Cut it down and use the plastic screws to keep it in place. Solved my problem. There are a few pics on here in earlier posts. For my machine it was mandatory to prevent this air ball drain and really importuned time running a good game.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Miller-LLC-48-in-Plastic-Corner-Guards/1184387?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-pnt-_-google-_-lia-_-133-_-thinnersandsolvents-_-1184387-_-0&placeholder=null&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4v2EBhCtARIsACan3ny7vVMFXz3qMC9q-cKmSiKmKrzFQKCvOkEaHvwZ1Q-JhInXDzx-8XUaAmD2EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Was going to say exactly this, building the Invisiwall resolved the problem completely for me.

#9573 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Was going to say exactly this, building the Invisiwall resolved the problem completely for me.

It was the bane of my existence when playing that a regular airball would result in a drain on the left side. Its the reason i made the shield. A simple but VERY rewarding build.

#9574 2 years ago

By the way if anyone in DFW needs it, I have a length of this corner protector I no longer need that you're welcome to take to make your own Invisiwall.

#9575 2 years ago

When you guys have been replacing your spotlights, have you noticed the replacements making a lot of noise? I just replaced both spotlights and the replacements move in all the appropriate directions but they're making some pretty bad noises that don't seem right to me.

I sent a video to the JJP team but wondering if this may be a common issue with the replacements being sent out? Doubt you'll hear it when the game is on but I suspect these things won't last long based on what I'm hearing.

#9576 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

When you guys have been replacing your spotlights, have you noticed the replacements making a lot of noise? I just replaced both spotlights and the replacements move in all the appropriate directions but they're making some pretty bad noises that don't seem right to me.
I sent a video to the JJP team but wondering if this may be a common issue with the replacements being sent out? Doubt you'll hear it when the game is on but I suspect these things won't last long based on what I'm hearing.

I have found different servos have different noise profiles. Note that new servos might be more noisy than ones that are a bit worn in, too.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it stops moving.

I've been replacing mine with EMAX ES3054 servos as they die off and so far I'm happy with them.
I'm really glad these things are easy to get, inexpensive, and not too difficult to replace.

#9577 2 years ago

Can someone enlighten us on what exact moment the game takes your picture? So many pics of me staring at my dick lol I can’t figure it out

#9578 2 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Can someone enlighten us on what exact moment the game takes your picture? So many pics of me staring at my dick lol I can’t figure it out

That's what it looks for. When you match that profile, it snaps the pic.

#9579 2 years ago

Do you know where I am?!? I’m in the jungle baby! 6A63DA80-FC77-4038-AACD-BE4E02384167 (resized).jpeg6A63DA80-FC77-4038-AACD-BE4E02384167 (resized).jpeg

#9580 2 years ago

About to install my Cliffys. Where does this one go?

PXL_20210516_012350154 (resized).jpgPXL_20210516_012350154 (resized).jpg
#9581 2 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Lmfao

#9582 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I get them off the stand up targets right in front of the left ramp and they would drain down the out lane too. I think that disk is there just to protect the light but am confused how it’s helpful. The fix for this is to go to Lowe’s or any hardware store that sells clear corner protector used to protect wallpaper edges. Cut it down and use the plastic screws to keep it in place. Solved my problem. There are a few pics on here in earlier posts. For my machine it was mandatory to prevent this air ball drain at really inopportune times ruining a good game.

Thanks for the info

#9583 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

About to install my Cliffys. Where does this one go?
[quoted image]

Ball trough entrance.

JJP-Drain-inst01 (resized).jpgJJP-Drain-inst01 (resized).jpg
#9584 2 years ago

Eric Meunier the man himself Streaming his own GNR rn

https://www.twitch.tv/hogbogged

#9585 2 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

I think it may vary. One game I got an Encore and I put my arms in the air in triumph and it seemed to take the pic then but that was not at the end of the game. I think it tries to take the pic at a point after something good happens. Just no idea what the logic is behind it.

#9586 2 years ago

While I am playing I hear the Melissa call out saying I collected a rose. I have no idea why I should care and how it happens. I think as you hit objects with the GnR logos that sit in front of most of the shots on the playfield you collect the roses but not sure how it helps. I don’t recall seeing any details on the objects collected in the Tilt forum rules section either. Lots of rules to recall for sure while playing.

#9587 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

While I am playing I hear the Melissa call out saying I collected a rose. I have no idea why I should care and how it happens. I think as you hit objects with the GnR logos that sit in front of most of the shots on the playfield you collect the roses but not sure how it helps. I don’t recall seeing any details on the objects collected in the Tilt forum rules section either. Lots of rules to recall for sure while playing.

you collect the roses when spelling A-X-L on top. happens quite alot when pops keeps pushing the ball in those lanes. It counts towards your end of ball bonus i believe

#9588 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Eric Meunier the man himself Streaming his own GNR rn
https://www.twitch.tv/hogbogged

Love how Eric got two balls stuck in the post and the pop bumper where everyone is putting a piece of foam/mylar.. he had to wait for ball rescue and exclaims "who designed this shit anyway"

#9589 2 years ago

Here’s another file for the spotlight linkages. This is for the the full linkage.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4854563

#9590 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Here’s another file for the spotlight linkages. This is for the the full linkage.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4854563

This is awesome!! Thanks for doing this and making our games future proof.

One possible revision though - I -think- the original has "teeth" in the socket that mate up to the servo.
Without those teeth I think it may end up just sliding, relying only on the screw friction to keep it in place.

That said I might be wrong, the next time I need to fix a spot I'll check.

#9591 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Love how Eric got two balls stuck in the post and the pop bumper where everyone is putting a piece of foam/mylar.. he had to wait for ball rescue and exclaims "who designed this shit anyway"

BTW I stuck a small piece of weatherstripping foam on that skirt and it completely solved the stucky for me. It doesn't look great but you don't see it unless you're looking for it. I can live with it.

#9592 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This is awesome!! Thanks for doing this and making our games future proof.
One possible revision though - I -think- the original has "teeth" in the socket that mate up to the servo.
Without those teeth I think it may end up just sliding, relying only on the screw friction to keep it in place.
That said I might be wrong, the next time I need to fix a spot I'll check.

I was thinking the same thing that there should be teeth. I haven’t made any of these as I don’t have a printer so not sure if they work. I asked some guys on another thread to see if they had the CAD files and they were nice enough to share.

Any idea what they use on the gear of the servo? Is that just some heat shrink?

#9593 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

BTW I stuck a small piece of weatherstripping foam on that skirt and it completely solved the stucky for me. It doesn't look great but you don't see it unless you're looking for it. I can live with it.

Two layers of mylar worked for me.

It makes the stuck ball much rarer, and if it does get stuck there in a multi or something when you don't notice, it's now an easy nudge rather than wait for ball search.

And it's invisible.

#9594 2 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

That sucks. I was a day 2 order and I received mine a few weeks back.

It kinda does, especially given the “we’re shipping same-day” excitement at announcement, but I was an afternoon order, I sorta get it.

And like someone posted, it’s given me the time to pile up a bunch of crap to shove into it once it arrives - PDI glass, black mirrors, Cliffy set, breezy Tahiti fans, pinwoofer kit, Lermods’ backbox lighting kit that’s already been superseded before I even open it, a pile of Titans and Superbands and Christ knows what else I bought and forgot about. It’ll be like Christmas in June (fingers crossed.)

#9595 2 years ago

Greatings!!

GNR CE Side Blades

Mine just got hurt!! Anyone knows were to get a new set? My distributor told me that a spare set was included with the machine. Mine not.
Any of you with a CE can confirm me please if it came with a spare set of side blades?
THANKS for any help!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9596 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

It kinda does, especially given the “we’re shipping same-day” excitement at announcement, but I was an afternoon order, I sorta get it.
And like someone posted, it’s given me the time to pile up a bunch of crap to shove into it once it arrives - PDI glass, black mirrors, Cliffy set, breezy Tahiti fans, pinwoofer kit, Lermods’ backbox lighting kit that’s already been superseded before I even open it, a pile of Titans and Superbands and Christ knows what else I bought and forgot about. It’ll be like Christmas in June (fingers crossed.)

Wait...have the LE's not got invisiglass?

Bumped my GC score up yesterday playing a warm up with my mate before comp.

4.8m up to 5.5m. At least he got to see what the song should look like when you get it right. Dropped the ball as soon as desert demolition started of course.

BabyStepsPunkin

#9597 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wait...have the LE's not got invisiglass?

Yes, they come with Invisiglass.

#9598 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Yes, they come with Invisiglass.

Thanks, bloody well want to.

#9599 2 years ago
Quoted from arqpuebla:

Greatings!!
GNR CE Side Blades
Mine just got hurt!! Anyone knows were to get a new set? My distributor told me that a spare set was included with the machine. Mine not.
Any of you with a CE can confirm me please if it came with a spare set of side blades?
THANKS for any help!![quoted image]

My CE did not come with spare art blades but did come with art blade protectors.

I managed to hurt mine too, your distro should be able to order replacements from JJP.

Research the install process first (hint: RAPID-TAC is your friend) or you'll end up doing it twice. Ask me how I know

#9600 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Any idea what they use on the gear of the servo? Is that just some heat shrink?

Huh? Heat shrink?

It's a toothy gear with a screw hole in it.

23486_3__3.jpg23486_3__3.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/192 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.