IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jecco74.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I love GnR but imo Led Zep is on another plane.
I mean conversation of top rock bands of all time (Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin maybe Pink Floyd).
However GnR is really here and now, I mean the concert footage is great and in this decade not 40 years ago greatness like Zeppelin.
Plus JJP kind of ownes Stern for the build quality.
It’ll be interesting! Interesting!
Bring on the King!

I’m really curious to see if Stern is going to put in the effort with Zeppelin to compete with GnR.

Time will tell.

#468 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was told a few weeks - although there was an opportunity to get one earlier, my distro has always treated me well so I'm sticking to it. I just feel like these LEs should be available sooner. It's only 10/8 and apparently 100+ already made. I wonder if direct sales are getting them first.

My distributor is close to JJP, my LE ships tomorrow. They drove over and picked it up.

#760 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

At 60 per week and assuming they sold more LE's than CE's than your talking about 17+ weeks if they were only making LE/CE models....plus they will lose a few weeks in there due to the holidays...some folks won't see these machines for 4-6 months.

So if you are on the fence about getting an LE. Consider getting in line ASAP. It’s going to be awhile...

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t think so

I know of a LE that will be available in late Nov, early Dec on the west coast.

1 week later
#1203 3 years ago

Unboxed an LE today and had some Pinheads over. 49 plays on GnR. Everyone including myself were blown away by the experience. I even got my wife to play a few games and she doesn't play. I kept wanting to play again. Collect the band members and get through another song. The upper playfield is challenging to me. I would love to fill it with 6 locked balls, but that seems like its not going to happen for me anytime soon. There is so much going in the game it was nice to have others there to tell you what was on the little screen and what to do. Even my friend who doesn't care for the music enjoyed playing it. Everyone asked when they could come back and play again.

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Any recommendations for the center scoop? I had the game a week. Use to go to the left flipper every time. Now it’s just sdtm every time. Game is level left to right. Power up and down does nothing. Can’t adjust the curved metal piece without taking off the upper pf, which I’m not doing.

I loosed the two 1/4 screws and moved mine to point at the left flipper just a little. I Tightened the screws back down. No problems yet.

#1284 3 years ago

How do you “move” the mech. The holes only barely fit the wooden screws and the wood screws are where they are in the pf... there was no movement or slack or adjustment available.

I used a skinny philips screw driver from the top. I barely loosened the screws and barely moved the top of the scoop only.

#1287 3 years ago

You mean the hood, not the actual VUK

Sorry, Yes, just the hood was moved to the left.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1306 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, a few things I'll say after playing for a few hours. The game isnt nearly as multiball heavy as streams led us to believe. The song modes are usually 1 ball unless you're good at locking balls in the guitar neck. I'm still playing with some sound settings, but I wish the callouts were a bit more audible during songs. This is my first JJP machine and I was hoping for better audio. This game NEEDS an external sub. Luckily I have a spare sitting around I'll hook up tomorrow maybe. An annoying little issue is the one way gate on the ball launch constantly allows the ball to roll back down to the shooter?? Any ideas anyone? The last small criticism I have is that the main display looks a bit washed out to me. I didnt see any display adjustments in the settings but I may be overlooking them. Again, my first JJP. Other than that, the game appears to be in great shape. Everything else works as expected and I see no visible pooling or other playfield issues. It's a fun game, and I must say I'm impressed so far.

I added the Polk PSW10 from amazon for $109 It is perfect now...

#1363 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Adding an external sub won't help the backbox, unfortunately. Here's a link to our Super Kit if you want to take your GnR audio to the next level:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/
[quoted image]

Dan at pinwoofer is great to work with... I love his speaker and amp set ups!

#1880 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have 2 or 3 pins running simultaneous on subs. If you use the Pinnovators solutions it isolates the grounds. Lermods and others had ground issues without it. They have a solution for JJP pins with a quick connection to the cabinet speaker or you can just T it off at the 3.5mm jack. The Pinnovators Sub mixer allows for volume balancing each input (up to 4). The sounds don't really get garbled up at all. I tried 4, but the sub is so far away for the outlying pins that you loose some of the effect. Using it for 2 or 3 pins is best I have found. Actually, 1 per pin is best obviously. Just my opinion and experience.

I have the same set up on Stranger Things and Deadpool , both have a lot of bass. The sub handles both machines at the same time. This is a great system with adjustable settings.

1 month later
#3640 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

CE owners are hearing this!
[quoted image]

My distributor said they are going on the line this week. Rumors from others say the same. I hope all this is true... The CE will be worth the wait.

1 month later
#5240 3 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

Has anyone bought the Guns N’ Roses cover/blanket from the jjp site. I was wondering if it had magnets or anything to keep it on the machine and prevent it from sliding off.

I bought it and its heavy enough to stay on without sliding down. Looks great on the machine.

#5242 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Our pinball room is also our media room, and we have blankets for cozying up with the dog watching movies and such.
Is the blanket a "pinball blanket" specifically, or would it be viable as a person blanket also?

It's nice little blanket. Maybe a one person blanket... Or a throw.

1 week later
#5543 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow...kinda BS if u ask me, but as Gordon Gekko famously said "greed is good"

Is it greed? I'm in the HVAC and plumbing business. Our vendors just informed us that our material cost are going up 15% next month. We usually get hit with 3-5% increase. Could it be the same for other manufactures like JJP?

3 weeks later
#6469 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Posted this in CE thread as well
Klipsch Topper Upgrade -
I updated the install process and since my original post, have moved all components to the backbox.
There was a huge reduction in hum and noise, and it really cleans up the look under the game
For anyone interested in this mod, all the detailed instructions and supplies can be found on my blog
https://thepinballloft.com/2021/02/27/killer-klipsch/
[quoted image]

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I have all this installed with a klispch sub... it sounds absolutely amazing.... I ordered the SVS sub, can’t wait to get it installed. This is a must if you want the complete concert experience in my opinion. It really adds the ability to adjust the treble where you need it.

6 months later
#14704 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

FYI, the outhole drain cliffy has caused many ball hang-ups on slow rolling balls, requiring me to shake it loose to drain. I tried to smooth it over with mylar, but it would still hang there occasionally.
I plan on removing it. I don't think the area is at risk, and if it is, mylar by itself would work better. [quoted image]

I had a Deadpool LE that chipped from a fast moving drain in this area before my cliffys showed up. FYI. I have this installed on my GnR and the low amount of ball hangs ups is worth it to me to avoid damage.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jecco74.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=jecco74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.