Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 560.
#4051 3 years ago

I read all that and just thought, hit the blinky lights. Sounds more complex than i delve.

HitAndHopePunkin

#4052 3 years ago

This is my first JJP. I was reading through the owner's manual and it doesn't really recommend any specific cleaner or wax. Safe to use Novice One and Blitz?

#4053 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

This is my first JJP. I was reading through the owner's manual and it doesn't really recommend any specific cleaner or wax. Safe to use Novice One and Blitz?

I read somewhere like 5 years ago that JJP recommends Wizards mist n shine. I’ve been using it since then and love it.

https://www.amazon.com/Wizards-Detailing-Showroom-Chemicals-Mist-N-Shine/dp/B002U729UA/ref=mp_s_a_1_3

#4054 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I read somewhere like 5 years ago that JJP recommends Wizards mist n shine. I’ve been using it since then and love it.
amazon.com link »

Never heard that but sounds good to me... Just ordered it!

#4055 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

It’s for motorcycles. Amazon has it.

#4056 3 years ago

When exactly does the right ramp diverter “Not In This Lifetime” drop down during gameplay?
Never paid attention but mine doesn’t seem to do it.
In test coil does fire but doesn’t seem to drop completely .. can I get a pic of someone else’s in down position to compare?
In other words, any input appreciated!
6C6A2AEE-07F9-4F0A-9CFC-99530E9021C7 (resized).jpeg6C6A2AEE-07F9-4F0A-9CFC-99530E9021C7 (resized).jpeg

#4057 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Approx 20-25 seconds left in the song. Rockit meter Max’s; encore can potentially bring an additional 5-30 mil points or more. What do you do? What. Do. You. Do?[quoted image]

Risk vs reward. Thats what its all about. I would be all in at this point. Just a month before i can truly make that call when mine arrives. Just color me jealous that you are allready there.

#4058 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Risk vs reward. Thats what its all about. I would be all in at this point. Just a month before i can truly make that call when mine arrives. Just color me jealous that you are allready there.

I know how u feel

#4059 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I will definitely try this when I get home today. Thanks Keefer it has not been cleared up yet.

Quoted from bridgeman:

In settings I recalibrated the rollovers and it seems to be good now. Thanks keeper.
[quoted image]

Well this problem still persists for me. Ball will auto plunge whenever it wants to. I calibrate the sensors after about two games it’s back to auto plunging again. As you can imagine this is very frustrating. You have to stay by machine because it will just too plunge on you. Gonna file a ticket with JJP at this point!

#4060 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Well this problem still persists for me. Ball will auto plunge whenever it wants to. I calibrate the sensors after about two games it’s back to auto plunging again. As you can imagine this is very frustrating. You have to stay by machine because it will just too plunge on you. Gonna file a ticket with JJP at this point!

Okay in case this wasn't the ticket I answered I will write this here: Playfield glass off, start new game, open coin door with ball in shooter lane. Black button enter. Then choose full menu, tests, switch tests, matrixed switch tests. This brings up the big switch grid. Look for any closed switch that should not be; ANY switch can trigger an autolaunch it does not have to be one of the sensors in the calibration. If you see nothing odd, make fist, tap playfield between lower slingshots just above the flippers. This creates vibration. Watch the boxes and listen. Some switch that is possibly just too close may trigger from the vibration.

#4061 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

When exactly does the right ramp diverter drop down during gameplay?
Never paid attention but mine doesn’t seem to do it.
In test coil does fire but doesn’t seem to drop completely .. can I get a pic of someone else’s in down position to compare?
In other words, any input appreciated!
[quoted image]

When the ‘Detour’ insert located right under the right ramp entrance is lit Yellow, that signals the diverter will go to the upper flipper.

Usually happens in tour modes, upper flipper shot lit for certain points in songs, and there’s plenty other times it lights as well.

4CF1C811-174D-42B7-B24F-C8A5AE229329 (resized).jpeg4CF1C811-174D-42B7-B24F-C8A5AE229329 (resized).jpeg
#4062 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Okay in case this wasn't the ticket I answered I will write this here: Playfield glass off, start new game, open coin door with ball in shooter lane. Black button enter. Then choose full menu, tests, switch tests, matrixed switch tests. This brings up the big switch grid. Look for any closed switch that should not be; ANY switch can trigger an autolaunch it does not have to be one of the sensors in the calibration. If you see nothing odd, make fist, tap playfield between lower slingshots just above the flippers. This creates vibration. Watch the boxes and listen. Some switch that is possibly just too close may trigger from the vibration.

Mine does the same thing from time to time. It awards a skill shot so I’m pretty certain it’s those roll over switches. I reseated the connectors below the playfield and that helped, but still acts weird occasionally. When I reseated the connector, I noticed someone did an oopsie with the crimping tool - I imagine that’s the reason mine acts up occasionally. My distributor is working with JJP (maybe you?) to send me a replacement whip.

B639D05B-29B8-4B58-AFB7-3CAE21E1E7CD (resized).jpegB639D05B-29B8-4B58-AFB7-3CAE21E1E7CD (resized).jpegFE7A60D8-2365-496B-A1AB-310E193460EF (resized).jpegFE7A60D8-2365-496B-A1AB-310E193460EF (resized).jpeg
#4063 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mine does the same thing from time to time. It awards a skill shot so I’m pretty certain it’s those roll over switches. I reseated the connectors below the playfield and that helped, but still acts weird occasionally. When I reseated the connector, I noticed someone did an oopsie with the crimping tool - I imagine that’s the reason mine acts up occasionally. My distributor is working with JJP (maybe you?) to send me a replacement whip. [quoted image][quoted image]

It's Barry and me and yes I am getting you another harness.

#4064 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It's Barry and me and yes I am getting you another harness.

Awesome! My distributor doomid and you guys have been great. Have a happy holiday, love the game.

#4065 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Try reseating the connections (see my post above). A few other things I’ve done which seemed to improve it is wiping down the area with microfiber cloth. Also, anytime I power it up, if it acts up it usually does it in the first game, if so I’ll go into sensor calibration right away, perform that, and usually I’m good - sometimes it’ll act up one more time after calibration on that very first game, then after that it seems good.

#4066 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

When the ‘Detour’ insert located right under the right ramp entrance is lit Yellow, that signals the diverter will go to the upper flipper.
Usually happens in tour modes, upper flipper shot lit for certain points in songs, and there’s plenty other times it lights as well. [quoted image]

Thanks, but as I’ve shown, my issue is with the Not In This Lifetime right ramp diverter, not the left ramp.

#4067 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thanks but as shown, my issue is with the Not In This Lifetime right ramp diverter, not the left ramp.

That’s what I was referring to. That diverter should divert the ball when the detour insert is lit. I’ll see if I can get a pic of mine in the down position later tonight.

#4068 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That’s what I was referring to. That diverter should divert the ball when the detour insert is lit. I’ll see if I can get a pic of mine in the down position later tonight.

Now I gotcha! thank you!! Followed the insert
and works perfectly. My bad for not paying enough attn before!!

#4069 3 years ago

Just blew a 30M song jackpot

#4070 3 years ago

Anyone know if JJP has talked about making the color hot rails available for the SE?

#4071 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just blew a 30M song jackpot

That's gotta hurt!!

#4072 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Anyone know if JJP has talked about making the color hot rails available for the SE?

No

#4073 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

not in this lifetime.

#4074 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Is there anything anyone recommends doing to playfield out of box? Either any particular protecters or cleaning?

Lift the playfield and give all the screws and nuts a check for tightness. Had a drop target bank collapse on my Hobbit BA and looks like some diverters are coming loose and falling off on the GnR

#4075 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Lift the playfield and give all the screws and nuts a check for tightness. Had a drop target bank collapse on my Hobbit BA and looks like some diverters are coming loose and falling off on the GnR

There’s a service bulletin for the ramp diverter. Check your serial # with it and if yours is affected JJP will send you the lock washers that most the games have.

#4076 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There’s a service bulletin for the ramp diverter. Check your serial # with it and if yours is affected JJP will send you the lock washers that most the games have.

Where’s the service bulletin listed? I don’t see it on their support page.

#4077 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Where’s the service bulletin listed? I don’t see it on their support page.

I got an email from my distributor but haven't seen the package yet.

#4078 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201220-115021_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201220-115021_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201220-115024_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201220-115024_Drive (resized).jpg
#4079 3 years ago

Having watched LZ stream and a few GnR streams, I am pretty surprised that GnR LE is the game I want in 2021.

There just wasn't a wow moment for me in the LZ stream.

It'll be a good, fun game, for sure.

But GnR - starting Live and Let Die. Wow!

Hope JJP can do a few more songs in this style.

#4080 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

The soundbar is not as noticeable as the external subwoofer and I’m not confident that most would find value in it. Especially if your not playing at higher volumes, it helps more with clarity of the callouts and differentiates all the pinball sounds better from the music. That taps off the 3.5mm splitter that I installed in the top right corner of the back box.
The external sub adds more depth and is instantly noticed at any volume. I just tap right onto the sub in the cab with some alligator clips. A guy sells a $10 cord if you want to make it really easy.
I’ll say this again, the stock speakers do sound great, this isn’t necessary. It’s to take the sound from a 8.5 out of 10 to a 9.5.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1176-gweem-s-mods/02289-10-ft-external-subwoofer-cable
[quoted image]

Hello! Just tried to order and it cancels the payment and then sends me back to pinside, Anyone have any luck? Anyone having the same problem?

#4081 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Having watched LZ stream and a few GnR streams, I am pretty surprised that GnR LE is the game I want in 2021

I was surprised as well. I’ve been holding out for a LZ pin for years. When GNR was streamed and learned how involved the band was on the project - that was it. It is never a VS thing for me, just respect the work and care JJP put into creating a differentiated pinball experience. They were rewarded with my wallet first this time.

#4082 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

It works, just go very light, and only spray a little bit on your cloth. I found while it does shine things up nicely, it makes the playfield a little too slippery and the ball does some weird spins and slides rather than rolling, I prefer the blitz wax. I use the wizard on plastics to shine them up but it does have a greasy effect overall.

#4083 3 years ago

Pure carnuba wax only. Blitz is, or anything else that is pure carnuba will suffice.

#4084 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It works, just go very light, and only spray a little bit on your cloth. I found while it does shine things up nicely, it makes the playfield a little too slippery and the ball does some weird spins and slides rather than rolling, I prefer the blitz wax. I use the wizard on plastics to shine them up but it does have a greasy effect overall.

Thanks for insight. I really appreciate it

#4085 3 years ago

Haven't seen the 'making of the promo' video posted here yet?

Worth seeing to see how much thought and passion went into it.

Only been out for 5 days.

#4086 3 years ago

Having watched LZ stream and a few GnR streams, I am pretty surprised that GnR LE is the game I want in 2021.
There just wasn't a wow moment for me in the LZ stream.
It'll be a good, fun game, for sure.
But GnR - starting Live and Let Die. Wow!
Hope JJP can do a few more songs in this style.

Plenty of wow moments in GNR and plenty of live and let die moments as well. But more importantly, the game is addicting as shit!

My personal experience, GNR came down to timing and the perfect storm and so thankful to be in the right spot and the right time. I was in the market for a new pin in September and put a deposit in on sterns next JP2 run. I really wanted a JJP pin but had no interest in GNR. I had two music pins at the time and was getting burnt out on music pins that play the same 10 songs for 30-45 seconds. I was dead set on not getting GNR, until they did what they did (those assholes! Haha). They did everything perfectly with this pin and it just wow’d me, this is a music pin!

Needless to say, I sold a pin and picked up both JP2 and GNRLE. GNR flippers felt very lackluster compared to my other sterns and JP2. The sterns are just snappier with more umph. Well, as many of you know, I spent nearly a week tweaking my GNR flippers - from power settings, to realigning, to trying many different types of rubbers. Well, I went to play some JP2 last night for the first time in awhile, the flippers felt like toothpicks - I was shocked. Turned the game off and went back to GNR. I’m sure I’ll give my other sterns and my other new JP2 some love again in due time, but GNR is a beast and plays so dam fun.

#4087 3 years ago

I just watched this video for the 500th time and just noticed this. Call me Forest Gump but I just noticed the topper has a strobing effect at the bottom of it. WTF. This is bad ass. Look around 12 seconds into the video.

#4088 3 years ago

The Director was completely right saying... :-"it’s gonna ROCK the Pinball world!” ... because it does!

#4089 3 years ago

That's the first time I've seen this particular video and all I can say is it's a home run

#4090 3 years ago

Couple of questions, hope they are not too dumb

1) How long does it usually take for JJP to offer the printed manual?

2) I see where the LE number plaque is meant to go, but the screws that were included with the plaque dont fit the holes in the cabinet??

#4091 3 years ago

Got my LE, but have a couple questions.
What causes the Duff ramp diverter to move up and down is it at random? And what do you do to unlock Patience?

#4092 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

What causes the Duff ramp diverter to move up and down is it at random? And what do you do to unlock Patience?

Im not exactly sure on the first one but the diverter seems to move once I unlock a band member.

The GNR lies latch is needed per game to unlock patience. You can use the action button to select the patch you want to go for. Left flipper + action moves backwards through the patches in case you go past it.

#4093 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Plenty of wow moments in GNR and plenty of live and let die moments as well. But more importantly, the game is addicting as shit!
My personal experience, GNR came down to timing and the perfect storm and so thankful to be in the right spot and the right time. I was in the market for a new pin in September and put a deposit in on sterns next JP2 run. I really wanted a JJP pin but had no interest in GNR. I had two music pins at the time and was getting burnt out on music pins that play the same 10 songs for 30-45 seconds. I was dead set on not getting GNR, until they did what they did (those assholes! Haha). They did everything perfectly with this pin and it just wow’d me, this is a music pin!
Needless to say, I sold a pin and picked up both JP2 and GNRLE. GNR flippers felt very lackluster compared to my other sterns and JP2. The sterns are just snappier with more umph. Well, as many of you know, I spent nearly a week tweaking my GNR flippers - from power settings, to realigning, to trying many different types of rubbers. Well, I went to play some JP2 last night for the first time in awhile, the flippers felt like toothpicks - I was shocked. Turned the game off and went back to GNR. I’m sure I’ll give my other sterns and my other new JP2 some love again in due time, but GNR is a beast and plays so dam fun.

What flipper adjustments do you recommend?

#4094 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

It’s all situational. When there are locks available, you’ll be allowed to go to the upper playfield. Some songs don’t use the upper playfield often like live and let die and out to get me. There are some others that toggle back and forth. Sometimes there’s ramp combos in a song where it’ll be just a ramp. I think some (all?) the album modes have the diverter just be a ramp too.

#4095 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What power settings do you settle on?

#4096 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

Couple of questions, hope they are not too dumb
2) I see where the LE number plaque is meant to go, but the screws that were included with the plaque dont fit the holes in the cabinet??

Figured out # 2. There are some metal pieces that were coming out with the screws. Had to use a pair of pliers and a screw driver to separate them and then put the metal pieces back in the cabinet with a torx wrench. All good. Nothing hurt but my pride.

#4097 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

I don't think they are doing printed manuals anymore.

LTG : )

#4098 3 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

What flipper adjustments do you recommend?

I should first mention I’m at 6.8 deg pitch. That said...

Take flipper rubber off and look at it from an angle to ensure it’s perfectly in line with the guide rail and maybe a fraction of a hair lower. Adjust as needed, put rubber on, test guides and returns by hand with ball. Adjust as necessary. I fiddled with guide rails too, loosening - move it up or down a hair and retighten.

I also increased power on each bottom flipper +1 notch. However, since I gave it a good wipe down, I’m tempted to put power back to factory as i have been getting some air ball - rejects off the left ramp maybe once out of 10 shots.

Lastly, I tried 5 different types of rubbers.
1. Black: this worked really well, maybe even the best, but it was hard to track the depth of the flippers with black rubber on top of black bats.
2. Red pinball life: not so good (but it’s what I used on some of my sterns and works really well).
3. Marco Red: this worked pretty good. Slightly Better than JJPs stock. Ironically, I don’t like how these work on sterns.
4. Yellow: yellow was great through the return lanes but super wild, no ball control, very bouncy. Fun for a game or two, but more annoying than anything.
5. I ended up with Titan red silicone. I Was never a fan of these kind of flipper rubbers but turns out they work really really well for GNR so that’s what I’ve been using. Time to order more as it was my only pair.

TLDR: all in all the biggest thing I did that showed the most improvement was using the titan red silicone rubbers.

#4099 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

mine had one of the plaque anchors in the wrong hole. both should be in the outside holes. if they’re not, take an allen key and just unscrew the anchor, then you can screw it back into the proper hole.

#4100 3 years ago

Ordered on 13th of October and still waiting.

Bought a Bandade called Led Zeppelin!

Will be here sooner the GNR.

Lmao

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, OH
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.