Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 560.
#10601 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I need a drink I can't find the delete post button.

There isn't one.

LTG : )

#10602 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I did some re-dialing in this weekend and currently loving the setup. Here’s some tips:
• bottom bumper: added a small piece of foam on the bumper skirt to prevent ball hang ups. (Sorry don’t have a pic at the moment).
• Pitch: I’m right above the 2nd line. I’ve tried many different pitch levels. I was at the 3rd line for quite awhile but found my loop/ramp combos were off and the inner spinner though the pops never worked. Where I’m at now seems like a real sweet spot. See pic below.
> hint: for playing with pitches get a couple identical hand towels and fold them different ways to add/subtract pitch levels and stick them under legs. Once you find a pitch your happy with, lock it in and remove the towels.
• inner spinner (through the pops): there’s an adjustable screw at the entrance of the inner spinner right at the JAM target. Loosen, then use your thumb / fingers on the middle of the ball guide to push in or out the guide to adjust the guide to your liking. Tighten the screw then test how consistent it makes it through the pops to the top lanes. Readjust as necessary. Keep in mind that shot is designed to go through the pops up to the lanes about 10% of the time. I’ve done a lot of adjusting and happy to be at around 15-20% success now. I have not played with the 2nd half of this shot - guide rail under the ramp > there is 2 adjustable screws for that guide but they seem to be a pain to get at.
• left loop ball guide exit. I used needle nose to ever so slightly bend the exit rail a hair so that returns would come to the flipper and not top of sling shot. May have to play with this one depending on your pitch so you can still combo the right ramp on the loop return.
• flipper power:
> right flipper +3
> left flipper +2
> up rt flipper I think I’m at 19’or 20. You’ll have to play with your own to your liking and consistency.
• other misc adjustments you probably don’t care about but including anyway:
> increased power chord lock time from 15 secs to 20 secs
> lowered song max ball saver time from 60 to 45 secs
> lowered band member ball saver increase time from 15 secs to 10 secs.
> increased # of letters to light mystery by I think 3 or 4. I think I need to spell out GNR completely. [quoted image]

Thanks. I booked mark it for myself. Will come in handy

#10603 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I had the issue of the ball resting at the right of the bottom pop, and my fix was to adjust the switch gap on that pop (to be more sensitive) and upped the power on just that one by a little bit.
No issues since.

Thanks. That seems like a pro move that you only learn once. Makes so much sense to think of the game in that sense.

#10604 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

One of the reasons why I purchased the SE was that it didn't have a shaker motor. For example "Live and Let Die" song lyrics are completely muffled by the sound of the game shaking itself. So it will be like "But if this ever changin' world in which we're livin'....Makes you give in and cry.*musical cue*..Say *BURRR* AH *BURR* Live and Let *BURR* *BURR*. Then the song plays with jackpots making more rumbling sounds. Plus it vibrates the game to hell making hardware come loose. I want to listen to the music and callouts, etc and not the vibrating game like a Honda with huge speakers in the back vibrating the plastic trim off the car.

Your volume was WAY too low if you were hearing the shaker motor during any song! Live and Let Die is a shaker/lighting masterpiece.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

It's noticeable, but no magic moment IMO (No Sparky, JP Dino, Gappa, etc. level integration). Some games are certainly a must have on the shaker, but if it were between $150 on a shaker and $150 on a subwoofer, I'd go with the sub on GnR.

I do agree some games have moments where the shaker is phenomenal - I just think they did a great job on so many songs with the shaker.

In the end it’s a $150 part on a $10k+ game. Why would you want to miss out on an added dimension?

#10605 2 years ago

something must be wrong i can not hear this Burrr /burrr while playing at all. Perhaps your glass is to thin or track it sits in to wide, my glass is so damn snug no vibrations what so ever.
Pulling the glass out is a chore plus the glass seems a bit longer than it needs to be on mine.
Anyone else glass seem a bit long ?
When you put the lockdown bar in i feel that glass is so close to the nubs.
My only game with this invisiglass so not sure that is normal. Must be

Quoted from hool10:

One of the reasons why I purchased the SE was that it didn't have a shaker motor. For example "Live and Let Die" song lyrics are completely muffled by the sound of the game shaking itself. So it will be like "But if this ever changin' world in which we're livin'....Makes you give in and cry.*musical cue*..Say *BURRR* AH *BURR* Live and Let *BURR* *BURR*. Then the song plays with jackpots making more rumbling sounds. Plus it vibrates the game to hell making hardware come loose. I want to listen to the music and callouts, etc and not the vibrating game like a Honda with huge speakers in the back vibrating the plastic trim off the car.

#10606 2 years ago

I’m so sick of OCDing about my playfield, this game just rocks

#10607 2 years ago

Is anyone else using post it’s with patches ? I’m doing 2 in each bottom corner until I get them down .This is worse than the ACT test.This pin has so much going on like when you get a patch set for a certain song then you think all is good in life until you have to hit that albums target enough times to get the song on deck .Then if that’s not enough hit the scoop to start the song without hitting another target by accident all the while you better have built up your ball locks and song value .Man I do not understand the “nay sayers “ on this one .Must not have tried to play it right I guess .

#10608 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m so sick of OCDing about my playfield, this game just rocks

Damn straight !

#10609 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wouldn't have thought that much rubbish would fit in one paragraph, but you've surprised me.

I wouldn't have thought this response would make me laugh out loud like it did, but you surprised me.

#10610 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is anyone else using post it’s with patches ? I’m doing 2 in each bottom corner until I get them down .This is worse than the ACT test.This pin has so much going on like when you get a patch set for a certain song then you think all is good in life until you have to hit that albums target enough times to get the song on deck .Then if that’s not enough hit the scoop to start the song without hitting another target by accident all the while you better have built up your ball locks and song value .Man I do not understand the “nay sayers “ on this one .Must not have tried to play it right I guess .

You can just press the action button when the song is starting (you get 3 seconds) and then pick whatever song you want. That’s what I do, No need to hit death targets.

#10611 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

i've officially read everything there is to read on the internet.

#10612 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i've officially read everything there is to read on the internet.

One more page to go.

http://hmpg.net/

#10613 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You can just press the action button when the song is starting (you get 3 seconds) and then pick whatever song you want. That’s what I do, No need to hit death targets.

less scoring if you pick your song brings down the song value .Not sure on the actual amount though .

#10614 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

less scoring if you pick your song brings down the song value .Not sure on the actual amount though .

I’d be curious to know how much too. It Didn’t seem to hinder my 250 mil GC

#10615 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

does any one know the colorcode for the powder coat they used for the Metalparts. Cause i want to paint my coindoor... and i don't trust my painter to mix right match. Maybe some one can help me

https://backalleycreations.com/products/guns-n-roses-le-red-brick-powder-coat-job

#10616 2 years ago

Mmm. After testing for 6 days now no more balls stuck at the popbumper post. So now some fine tuning to do.

20210531_185535 (resized).jpg20210531_185535 (resized).jpg20210531_185544 (resized).jpg20210531_185544 (resized).jpg20210531_185547 (resized).jpg20210531_185547 (resized).jpg20210531_185854 (resized).jpg20210531_185854 (resized).jpg
#10617 2 years ago

Ugh, your playfield is also broken at the post next to the jet :/ Does it really happen on all games

#10618 2 years ago
Quoted from Qasper:

Ugh, your playfield is also broken at the post next to the jet :/ Does it really happen on all games

Yup allready have a ticket at JJP and my distributor.
I have multiple ones where i allready have bare wood showing. Thank god europe has a 2 year warranty law.

#10619 2 years ago

Anybody planning to see GNR this year? I’ve heard the concert experience is like playing a pinball machine. . I may have to see them live.

39BFCDCB-CB77-40F2-8662-321FCDADBED0.jpeg39BFCDCB-CB77-40F2-8662-321FCDADBED0.jpegB2FA1702-A492-48E7-91CF-B69380B5720A.jpegB2FA1702-A492-48E7-91CF-B69380B5720A.jpeg
#10620 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody planning to see GNR this year? I’ve heard the concert experience is like playing a pinball machine. . I may have to see them live.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I'm going to see them. I had tickets for their show here in a couple weeks at Target Field, but it just got cancelled. They rescheduled the show at the Xcel center though. I ended up getting better seats and saving $120 though. PLUS, the sound will be MUCH better at the Xcel. Win win win!

#10621 2 years ago

That show in Napa looks like it’s gonna be amazing, sadly it’s already sold out. I went a few years ago for Weezer (and cause the company I worked for sponsored a stage that year!) and it was awesome except the $10 beers.

#10622 2 years ago

Questions on these cliffy carbon fiber washers. Going to loop Cliffy in here too.

1- How sticky is the sticky side?

2 - If art is already tearing, and you slap this baby down and stick it ot the playfield, would you ever be able to remove it without pulling all that art with the carbon fiber washer?

3 - Would it be better if they didn't stick to the playfield? Is there a piece of plastic over the adhesive backing that you could just choose to not remove?

4 - Cliffy Would you make them without a sticky side?

5 - Cliffy Would you make them with a smaller inside diameter, so a washer wouldn't be needed and it would center better?

If these are dumb questions, I apologize. I've never held one in my hand. I've only seen pictures.

#10623 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Questions on these cliffy carbon fiber washers. Going to loop Cliffy in here too.
1- How sticky is the sticky side?
2 - If art is already tearing, and you slap this baby down and stick it ot the playfield, would you ever be able to remove it without pulling all that art with the carbon fiber washer?
3 - Would it be better if they didn't stick to the playfield? Is there a piece of plastic over the adhesive backing that you could just choose to not remove?
4 - Cliffy Would you make them without a sticky side?
5 - Cliffy Would you make them with a smaller inside diameter, so a washer wouldn't be needed and it would center better?
If these are dumb questions, I apologize. I've never held one in my hand. I've only seen pictures.

You could always turn it over so the sticky side is up .
Or use some metho or whatever to remove the sticky .

#10624 2 years ago

yeah, but next year when they are in Europe. Got tickets for the Netherlands Groningen.

#10625 2 years ago

I’m hitting Atlantic City and Vegas. Once those were announced yesterday I dumped my MetLife swamp stadium tickets.

#10626 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Order date? Distro or JjP direct?

Coin Taker. Invoice said the game will ship in approximately two weeks. I ordered first day. Long wait but I waited longer for my ACNC.

#10627 2 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Coin Taker. Invoice said the game will ship in approximately two weeks. I ordered first day. Long wait but I waited longer for my ACDC.

Christmas in June. Love it! Excited for you
Noticed your profile of 15 pins current and the previously owned... and this is your first JJP apparently.

#10628 2 years ago

What Flipper and Sling strength do you guys recommend?

#10629 2 years ago

Sling strength? I didn't even know that was a thing. Sling sensitivity is important. I want them very sensitive, and they can be adjusted by bending the small metal thingies. Ball goes anywhere near the slings, activate please. Cradle separation should ofc be possible, but I feel so cheated when it hits a sling and it doesn't fire and i drain...

#10630 2 years ago
Quoted from Qasper:

Sling strength? I didn't even know that was a thing.

All the new games have power settings for all the coils in a game.

#10631 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

What Flipper and Sling strength do you guys recommend?

I’ve left my flippers at factory power, but I am considering lowering their angle just a smidge. Making the left orbit from the right flipper is near impossible on my game (and the ramp is too hard).

On the other coils, I lowered the pops to 20, slings to 25 and trough to 12. Slings are weaker which is nice as I get less sling to outlane drains. Pops still get good action, but I feel like those posts are taking less of a beating.

#10632 2 years ago

Finally joined the club today, got tired of waiting (6+ months now) for my LE via distributor so bought a used local one. Got the JJP band back together!

PXL_20210603_013937324.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20210603_013937324.NIGHT.jpg

I also put it next to my Led Zep so they can fight it out for the glory and honor of Pinside. Like when Vic Mackey locked the two warring dealers on his payroll in a shipping container overnight. (If you've never seen The Shield you should, one of the best crime shows ever on TV, neck and neck with The Wire)

Speaking of the current topic here, when I make adjustments to the slings and flipper strength via the software, it doesn't seem to do anything. The software on it is quite old, 1.07, I think. Maybe/hopefully that has something to do with it. Could I just do the full 1.22 install, or since my code is older than 1.13, would I need to do the delta upgrade first?

#10633 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Finally joined the club today, got tired of waiting (6+ months now) for my LE via distributor so bought a used local one. Got the JJP band back together!
[quoted image]
I also put it next to my Led Zep so they can fight it out for the glory and honor of Pinside. Like when Vic Mackey locked the two warring dealers on his payroll in a shipping container overnight. (If you've never seen The Shield you should, one of the best crime shows ever on TV, neck and neck with The Wire)
Speaking of the current topic here, when I make adjustments to the slings and flipper strength via the software, it doesn't seem to do anything. The software on it is quite old, 1.07, I think. Maybe/hopefully that has something to do with it. Could I just do the full 1.22 install, or since my code is older than 1.13, would I need to do the delta upgrade instead?

#10634 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

[quoted image]
Speaking of the current topic here, when I make adjustments to the slings and flipper strength via the software, it doesn't seem to do anything. The software on it is quite old, 1.07, I think. Maybe/hopefully that has something to do with it. Could I just do the full 1.22 install, or since my code is older than 1.13, would I need to do the delta upgrade first?

Nice collection there. Do the full install of 1.22 via USB then (once you connect a wifi dongle) you're all setup for future updates via wifi.

#10635 2 years ago

So, besides the coil power tweaks…

1) Lowered flipper angle just a hair to make the left orbit easier. My left flipper also had too much up/down play so it was good that I reset them both. Pic with straight edge:

DC408886-D56E-45A1-B0B2-B568E2B9A15E (resized).jpegDC408886-D56E-45A1-B0B2-B568E2B9A15E (resized).jpeg

2) Added washers to shooter lane gate to eliminate occasional ball trap:

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

3) Drumstick wrap mylar was starting to come unglued and was interfering with the pop ball gate. I saw the previous suggestion to put more mylar on, but I feel like that will eventually fail too because of the curvature. I used JB Weld clear and ran a small amount with a QTip down the seam of the overlapped mylar. I wouldn’t do this fix in an area that you could see as you won’t get a perfect bead, but it should lock down the mylar seam in a more permanent way.

Before:

BF9944C7-A137-45E9-8E02-AC6D056214E2 (resized).jpegBF9944C7-A137-45E9-8E02-AC6D056214E2 (resized).jpeg

After:

1F718C0C-324D-4799-B2AC-AAB200417E40 (resized).jpeg1F718C0C-324D-4799-B2AC-AAB200417E40 (resized).jpeg

4) Broken spotlight linkage. The linkage that attaches to the right spotlight was snapped off. I’m going to 3D print that and see how it does. The other half of the linkage was cracked, but JB Weld should fix that:

5AB971CA-33CA-4F51-829F-3B6CFE243FCE (resized).jpeg5AB971CA-33CA-4F51-829F-3B6CFE243FCE (resized).jpeg

Hopefully that’s all the tweaks for a while!

#10636 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

[quoted image]

Crazy post, but incredibly impressive photo

#10637 2 years ago

Placed my order October 8, 2020. Machine finally arrived yesterday, June 2, 2021. Guns N’ Roses LE #735. Played several games with another Pinsider and definitely enjoyed it. Will be looking for some of the known issues mentioned in this forum.

Cheers!

#10638 2 years ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Placed my order October 8, 2020. Machine finally arrived yesterday, June 2, 2021. Guns N’ Roses LE #735. Played several games with another Pinsider and definitely enjoyed it. Will be looking for some of the known issues mentioned in this forum.
Cheers!

Welcome to the jungle! You're going to have a blast with it!

#10639 2 years ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Cheers!

Glad you finally got yours, dad! I got some extra clear petg washers and I'll get you set up this weekend. Next step, gotta get our Scorbit set up.

#10641 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

How the heck do I get behind this lcd?
[quoted image]

Haha - read the sticker! Seriously though - it gave me pause as well the first time. The LCD is on a mount and is held in place by strong magnets. Just pull hard at the top corners and the magnet will release. The mount will keep it from falling.

#10642 2 years ago

Where are the code updates for GNR?? Nothing but bug fixes (and some new ones introduced) and minor tweaks for 6 months +. Song mode scoring is cryptic at best, other modes are worthless and risky, code is still buggy, no desert demolition mode yet, coils overheating, etc...

#10643 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Haha - read the sticker! Seriously though - it gave me pause as well the first time. The LCD is on a mount and is held in place by strong magnets. Just pull hard at the top corners and the magnet will release. The mount will keep it from falling.

Thanks it's my 5th JJP but I pulled kinda hard then figured I'd reach out to the owners.

Thanks!

#10644 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Where are the code updates for GNR?? Nothing but bug fixes (and some new ones introduced) and minor tweaks for 6 months +. Song mode scoring is cryptic at best, other modes are worthless and risky, code is still buggy, no desert demolition mode yet, coils overheating, etc...

I'm on 1.22? I believe.

They put lots and lots of washers under almost every post on this game.

Born May 2021 no day as I guess they no longer do that

#10645 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I'm on 1.22? I believe.
They put lots and lots of washers under almost every post on this game.

Sounds like JJP is adding more washers as time goes by. Are these primarily clear, plastic washers?

#10646 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Sounds like JJP is adding more washers as time goes by. Are these primarily clear, plastic washers?

Small metal washers on my April build, clear under sling posts.

F1756D61-EC6A-4688-88F8-0F4E1BB5D5F3 (resized).jpegF1756D61-EC6A-4688-88F8-0F4E1BB5D5F3 (resized).jpeg
DA9F071B-281A-4F30-99AA-9B906A8AD6EA (resized).jpegDA9F071B-281A-4F30-99AA-9B906A8AD6EA (resized).jpeg

#10647 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Small metal washers on my April build, clear under sling posts.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Dude fix that Upper playfield post before it tears

#10648 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Agreed my SE cabinet has desert demolition on it for fucks sake lol

#10649 2 years ago

I would get to repairing the one on that upper playfield ASAP.

#10650 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Sounds like JJP is adding more washers as time goes by.

Following all the QA and playfield modification testing going on here on pinside apparently...

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Dude fix that Upper playfield post before it tears

+1 those are looking 9 months pregnant and ready to pop

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/213 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.