Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 560.
#8301 2 years ago

I’d also like to see the remaining song time coded in. Would be nice to know how much more time you have left in a song. Would help with strategy.

#8302 2 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I SUGGEST EVERYONE UN-PLUG THE SERVOS TO THE SPOTLIGHTS FOR A FUTURE CODE UPDATE!!!!
It's a ball-search issue. I know Code v1.19 will SEVERELY over-drive light movements during ball search. This crashes the lights into their neighboring objects. If your lights aren't broken yet, they will be. I cannot find a setting to disable them; the best solution I see is to power off the machine and pull apart the servo connectors. I discovered this a moment ago and cannot say if ball-search does this in other code versions.[quoted image]

I keyposted this as a tech warning, but probably something pinball_keefer wants to look at and fix ASAP. Might explain all the broken lights after just a few days...

#8303 2 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I SUGGEST EVERYONE UN-PLUG THE SERVOS TO THE SPOTLIGHTS FOR A FUTURE CODE UPDATE!!!!

dana-carvey-bush-1.jpgdana-carvey-bush-1.jpg
#8305 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I keyposted this as a tech warning, but probably something pinball_keefer wants to look at and fix ASAP. Might explain all the broken lights after just a few days...

I was preparing information this weekend for JJP related to a downed machine and included this spot-light issue. It looks like the info is heading to Ticket Support and Barry in the morning.

#8306 2 years ago
Quoted from MGM2:

Added a Pinwoofer superkit to my CE as I thought the base was really non-existent. I’m no audiophile but wow, it made a huge difference as I can now hear and feel it! Also the voices and everything else sounds crisper too.

Great outcome MGM2 - super happy to see this feedback - have fun with it!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

#8307 2 years ago

So to all the tournament players why does this pin seem to “worry” you .I’m still trying to figure out where the start button is but if I was a Playa I would be exited to draw this pin in a tourney .You would never be counted out as there is a buffet of ways to score huge on any given ball pretty quick like .

#8308 2 years ago

Got my game on Tuesday. Happy to report that there's zero pooling issues. Dimples seen in the pic with the chandelier reflection are invisible in person from player perspective (and not different than I've experienced with other NIB games).

Also digging the wood used, with darker bands showing in the shooter lane and upper playfield (prettier in person).

Thanks ZMeny / Flip N Out Pinball for a smooth transaction

20210418_202727 (resized).jpg20210418_202727 (resized).jpg20210418_202740 (resized).jpg20210418_202740 (resized).jpg20210418_202809 (resized).jpg20210418_202809 (resized).jpg20210418_202820 (resized).jpg20210418_202820 (resized).jpg

#8309 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Same thing happened to me within a day of owning the machine on my left spotlight. Sent a message to JJP and they are sending me a replacement assembly as well.

Please tell me when it ships. I’ve been asking for one for two months and nothing ...

#8310 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Got my game on Tuesday. Happy to report that there's zero pooling issues. Dimples seen in the pic with the chandelier reflection are invisible in person from player perspective (and not different than I've experienced with other NIB games).
Also digging the wood used, with darker bands showing in the shooter lane and upper playfield (prettier in person).
Thanks ZMeny / Flip N Out Pinball for a smooth transaction
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! The game looks great. Are those clear washers at the sling posts installed at the factory? If so is JJP putting clear washers down in other areas as well besides the sling posts?

This is more of a general question for all owners but has JJP resolved the chipping issues with the latest builds? It seems like the playfield issues only affected the first batch of games?

#8311 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Congrats! The game looks great. Are those clear washers at the sling posts installed at the factory? If so is JJP putting clear washers down in other areas as well besides the sling posts?
This is more of a general question for all owners but has JJP resolved the chipping issues with the latest builds? It seems like the playfield issues only affected the first batch of games?

I have a November build and the playfield has been holding up great. The clear washers are embedded with the clear, so they are not loose or tacky....well, I guess tacky is a matter of opinion but I don’t mind them LOL.

#8312 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’d also like to see the remaining song time coded in. Would be nice to know how much more time you have left in a song. Would help with strategy.

I wholeheartedly agree with your statements.

#8313 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

My playfield looks great. Clear washers under the sling posts. Small metal washers under some of the rails. I can live with it. Better than pooling or chipping. And any dimples from the balls is unnoticeable. You can feel a few if you run your palm across the playfield. Funny, but this is the first playfield I received with no manufacturer date on the side. Must be under the apron?

75CDDE07-E320-439E-8900-B8C2E1E3B0C3 (resized).jpeg75CDDE07-E320-439E-8900-B8C2E1E3B0C3 (resized).jpegF4413329-2A6A-48F8-935A-DC365E49FEC7 (resized).jpegF4413329-2A6A-48F8-935A-DC365E49FEC7 (resized).jpeg
#8314 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Any November orders out there getting their games yet?

Still waiting... Ordered mid/late November.

#8315 2 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

I ordered day four and still waiting.

#8316 2 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Only just got mine and I put my deposit down Oct. 6.

#8317 2 years ago

I picked up my LE on Friday and I can say I was not prepared for this game. I was concerned about the lack of toy/mechs, but starting a song makes the entire pin a toy/mech. I don’t switch songs and today Live and Let Die was the song. I have never had an experience playing pinball like today. Having the song blaring with the light show was unbelievable. I finished the song and it is something I will never forget. I could go on and on about the shots and flow, but the magic is in the entire package; also the girl who does the call outs is great!!

#8318 2 years ago

Try being in Australia - nearly all of us put a deposit down on day 1 or 2 (all of us being 200+) and yet only 25 machines are in the country, all LE's

#8319 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Try being in Australia - nearly all of us put a deposit down on day 1 or 2 (all of us being 200+) and yet only 25 machines are in the country, all LE's

I had my CE ready at the end of Jan, and I’m HOPING to receive it tomorrow... seems like forever but I think MBr LE took longer, around 8 months from the date I ordered.

#8320 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I was concerned about the lack of toy/mechs

I don’t understand how this narrative keeps popping up.
Maybe the toys are so well integrated they are being overlooked?

- Bass guitar ramp return w/ passive diverters
- Guitar lock w/ passive diverters
- Drumstick ramp return
- Crashing cymbal pop bumpers
- AXL sculpt
- Slash hat light assembly
- Record spinner
- Catwalk ramp returns
- Speaker stack diverter cover
- Hotrails!
- Fully articulated spotlights
- LED-lit Guitar Pick Spinners
- Hex Stage Lights
- Concert Jumbotron

#8321 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

I ordered day four and still waiting.

Yes only ordered at 10am the day they announced. Still no word from the distributor.

#8322 2 years ago

I ordered on Oct 11, zippo, nada, zero. JJP either sold a ton of games the first week or production has slowed downed perhaps to difficulty getting parts or...
It hasn’t dampened the enthusiasm but enhanced it.
I hope all you that have their games continue to answer questions and such when all us latecomers get our games.

#8323 2 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Ok... So two two things....
1. PLEASE pinball_keefer code a "lost song jackpot" screen somewhere if you drain and don't cash out...(or to be a bit cruel... a "high score")
and
2. I had a 118M jackpot on Paradise city going and LOST it!!
My kids ran down wondering if I was ok when I screamed in agony...
Damn this game is awesome...

I know the feeling to damn well. But better yet let the game use the camera to get your shocked face and add that foto to that lost high score leaderboard. Just to rub it in. At least i get the feeling then that i achieved something.

#8324 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have a November build and the playfield has been holding up great. The clear washers are embedded with the clear, so they are not loose or tacky....well, I guess tacky is a matter of opinion but I don’t mind them LOL.

On the right backside of the playfield is a date stamped so you know when your playfield was created. Mine was 23th of July 2020. Machine was build in november as well. But i have pooling on the left lanes and cracks forming behind the jam target.

#8325 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

also the girl who does the call outs is great!!

That girl is Melissa Reese. One of the keyboardists of the actual band. The male voice is Duff mcKagan the bass guitar player.
This is game is bonkers to have actual bandmembers do the voices. Gotta love that.

#8326 2 years ago

In case there's anyone interested in adding to the already ridiculous light show, Pin Stadium announced a new "concert edition" line today! Only 25 sets remaining of the first run. I'll update the group on how they look after I install!

https://pinstadium.com/product/neo-concert-edition_pinball_mods/

#8327 2 years ago

I had to replace the second set of flipper rubbers yesterday. Second set was from Pinball Life, their Perfect Play rubbers.

Not complaining, just funny that I've not only gone thru the factory rubber but also a second set. Fourth set will be Super Bands as that is all that I have left in red

#8328 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

In case there's anyone interested in adding to the already ridiculous light show, Pin Stadium announced a new "concert edition" line today! Only 25 sets remaining of the first run. I'll update the group on how they look after I install!

He's tying the new Pinstadiums into the the GI, seems to be the same color matching that the cabinet does in the CE. If anyone can figure out how to get the interactive cabinet lighting on the LE's it would be awesome.

I already asked Scott about it, but he says he won't do cabinet mods.

#8329 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

LOL GNR has "The best lightshow on the planet" and when does it ever look like the view on the left.

gunsnroses_pinball_mods-1536x1536 (resized).pnggunsnroses_pinball_mods-1536x1536 (resized).png
#8330 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

LOL GNR has "The best lightshow on the planet" and when does it ever look like the view on the left.
[quoted image]

Lol yeah something isn't right. Here's a pic of a GNR LE I played on location in an average lit room. Looks great. I just ordered a set of Pin Stadiums for my WOZ but for GNR it seems like overkill.

20210412_143039.jpg20210412_143039.jpg

Another pic from the attract mode.

20210412_143148 (resized).jpg20210412_143148 (resized).jpg

#8331 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Wow.. Snake Oil Salesman there. I've never seen a GnR look that dimly lit as the one of the left.

#8332 2 years ago

This is straight up bullshit.

[quoted image]

#8333 2 years ago

[quoted image]

My guess is that shot was hand picked out of a series of DSLR pics snapped in rapid mode... Looks like snake oil as others have said

#8334 2 years ago

lol - I have to agree - seems like a bit of "creative marketing stretch" in arguably the best lit game ever made . However, that being said - may make a nice add-on for SE owners to get the color changing integration in addition to the white hot rails to give them the full color experience. This may also lead to temporary blindness and future cataract surgery lol - Gotta love the effort at least

#8335 2 years ago

All of his ads are like that. It shows the games way darker than they actually are. Total bullshit. I'd have a lot more respect for the guy if he would at least post some honest pictures for comparison.

I've had Pinstadiums before. They are pretty cool, but not for the cost. It's ridiculous. If they were priced more reasonably, I'd be into it. But $300+ for a set of LED strips? Hard pass here.

#8336 2 years ago
Quoted from ckorth:

However, that being said - may make a nice add-on for SE owners to get the color changing integration in addition to the white hot rails to give them the full color experience.

How is that possible when the SE isn’t even coded the same as the LE? It cannot mirror the stock lighting if the stock lighting isn’t even coded for RGB.

#8337 2 years ago

Yeah I don't think it would work like that on the SE.

#8338 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How is that possible when the SE isn’t even coded the same as the LE? It cannot mirror the stock lighting if the stock lighting isn’t even coded for RGB.

Eric that make sense - Pinstadium should at least call that out in their marketing or note it for SE owners - if that's the case then it would make no sense for an SE owner if you are just getting more bright white light vs color! lol thx.

#8339 2 years ago

The GNR ones are $400.

I’ve seen a few mods that magically jump in price if they are for GNR compared to other games...

Quoted from NightTrain:

But $300+ for a set of LED strips?

#8340 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It would actually, because it seems to be tied into the GI which changes color, not the Hot Rails. I couldn't see this product being good for LE/CE, but it's true it would be really good for SE.

#8341 2 years ago
Quoted from ckorth:

Eric that make sense - Pinstadium should at least call that out in their marketing or note it for SE owners - if that's the case then it would make no sense for an SE owner if you are just getting more bright white light vs color! lol thx.

I’m sure it has colors, it just will be based off the hardware of Pinstadium, not the coding of the game.

I’m also not sure how they figured out how to make their kit mirror the RGB hot rails, but maybe they did.

#8342 2 years ago

IT HAS ARRIVED!!!!! So close to number 666. But if you ad 3 + 3 thats six, and since there are 2 3's...

20210419_124008 (resized).jpg20210419_124008 (resized).jpg20210419_130736 (resized).jpg20210419_130736 (resized).jpg

#8343 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

IT HAS ARRIVED!!!!! So close to number 666. But if you ad 3 + 3 thats six, and since there are 2 3's...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!!

When did you place your order?

#8344 2 years ago

Mine arrived today also! No call or anything from the shippers, they just left it in my driveway. The only I reason I knew was because I got a motion alert from my security camera. Good thing my guard dog was on duty!

PXL_20210419_183114458 (resized).jpgPXL_20210419_183114458 (resized).jpg
#8345 2 years ago

Seeing lots of machines landing today which is awesome! Welcome to your new addiction.

#8346 2 years ago

Mine was supposed to come today but there was a mix up and it went to my distributor first. I'll have it later this week though!

#8347 2 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

Mine arrived today also! No call or anything from the shippers, they just left it in my driveway. The only I reason I knew was because I got a motion alert from my security camera. Good thing my guard dog was on duty!
[quoted image]

That’s hilarious. Just dumped next to your door like a USB cable you ordered on Amazon.

#8348 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I picked up my LE on Friday and I can say I was not prepared for this game. I was concerned about the lack of toy/mechs, but starting a song makes the entire pin a toy/mech. I don’t switch songs and today Live and Let Die was the song. I have never had an experience playing pinball like today. Having the song blaring with the light show was unbelievable. I finished the song and it is something I will never forget. I could go on and on about the shots and flow, but the magic is in the entire package; also the girl who does the call outs is great!!

I dunno, i had a pretty good game on Spy hunter yesterday.

Duum Duum Duum Duum

#8349 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That’s hilarious. Just dumped next to your door like a USB cable you ordered on Amazon.

If a porch pirate picks it up and runs with it. Let him have it.

LTG : )

#8350 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If a porch pirate picks it up and runs with it. Let him have it.
LTG : )

This box could be one helluva glitter bomb

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/167 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.