Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

790 posts in this topic match your search for posts by eskaybee. You are on page 1 of 4.
#290 3 years ago

Well, colored me genuinely concerned after seeing that gameplay preview of starting a song. I really hope there’s more to this game than multiball marathons all day. Where is the risk/reward in that? Don’t even get a chance to risk your jackpot and end the song ‘cause you’re too busy adding more balls to an endless multiball with a ball saver that never runs out. Hope there’s some good settings and adjustments to prevent this. Also, been a long work day for me so hoping I’m just missing the big picture.

#294 3 years ago

So i rewatched the video, and I’m a little more amp’d the second time around. Despite the candy like add a ball features and never ending ball saver, there is a moment that occurs where the ball saver is off and it’s time to load the guitar for the power chord jackpot. And down to one ball left to load, he drains and his reward.....more multiball! Instead - here’s my constructive feedback to the JJP Rules Gods; but instead, it should be a diminishing multiball and when you load the power chord jackpot down to one ball in play, it should be all or nothing. you either make the shot and collect the power chord jackpot and rewarded to continue your multiball; or you drain and it’s ball over. Almost like you slowly progress out of multiball only to build up a new stage of multiball. Risk/Reward.

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't care how many game launches I've watched, I will never understand people throwing over $12,000 at a game without even seeing real gameplay, let alone trying it for themselves.
It's a phenomenal package. I saw the press kit last Friday and had to bite my tongue from saying a word about it, because I really was impressed by what I saw. And if you're just a wealthy collector and not a player that's cool, it's your money.
But all I've seen so far is one kick ass package. As far as how it shoots and plays? No clue. Light shows, theme integration, and loving design aren't the same as great gameplay. (LCD looking pretty sweet too. I assume it's still JP doing that?)
Keefer is a great player and thoughtful programmer, but that doesn't mean the vision of this game will line up with what you're looking for. Im with SKB, I really hope it's not a multiball fest. Maybe it's supposed to appeal to more casual players by giving them lots of long playing balls to flail at, I dunno.
Hey, all you whales out there, throw your money at new games and keep the hobby afloat, I'm down. But I hope the gameplay can keep up with everything else the game shows and it's not just eye candy.

Right on dude! For me personally, it’s been more than 1 1/2 years since i bought my last pin (Deadpool). Working from home, taking care of little kids, schooling my 2nd grader, parenting, being a husband, pandemic, etc... my stress and anxiety levels have been high during this time. I am thankful That my wife and i are still working during this time, but it’s been rough i wont lie. It’s time to do something for myself, so I’ve been working my ass off to get in a position to buy another pin. I got locked in on the next run of JP2 Premium...and that’s when it happened, this hobby is all about timing...time and time again. I missed JJPOTC due to timing and was all gung ho on it. This time around, GNR landed at the most opportune time. And now I’m in on GNRLE. I wanted something different than the ‘samey’ stern feeling which is why I’ve been really eyeing hot wheels. GNR checks all the boxes, it’s different, it’s loaded, it’s packed. Gameplay and rules may not be as good as Elwin or Lyman, but this game looks pretty dam packed in all the other departments for me to take a chance. So that’s how I got here today.

Looking forward to more on this game, but one thing I’m more concerned with than gameplay and rules Is whether or not JJP can deliver in manufacturing. Their track record isn’t so well, can they produce in a high demand market and not only that, but roll onto the next game when demand dries up. Something about this release feels different from JJP, so I’m pulling for them and hope they bring it all home.

#321 3 years ago

The true limited edition. Congrats! I have a sneaky suspicion the SE may be the better player for players who like speed and chaos.

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

new code !
[quoted image]

Looks like another multiball added (line 3). Here we go, hobbit’s 38 multiballs appears to have a contender.

#374 3 years ago

Multiball bonanza worked with JJPOTC and Hobbit, layouts were suited perfect for it. Not sure if this is the right ‘table’ for a multiball fest. I guess we’ll find out. I have a feeling Keefer knows what he’s doing though

#398 3 years ago

Anybody know how the SE handles ball locks to translate it to the player? I know they’re virtual, but is there locks shown anywhere? It looks like there’s some lock lights where the upper pf would be.

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

From what I’ve gathered from game-play vids; you build up ball save from awards and rewards.

This is correct. Fantastic idea, a first in pinball? I do think it may be a little too generous, but maybe something that can be tweaked in settings?

That said, I think we need to learn more about the game before we start harping on all the multiballs. Trust me, I was one of the early ones to flag this, but i've been doing my research and here's what i've gathered:

1. Ball saver timer for song modes and ball locks are all awarded through single ball play.

2. This game looks brutal! From the streams and vids i've seen, people have had a tough time for the most part, staying alive in single ball play. And rightfully so, the shots are close to the flippers and that makes for a fast action game style.

3. After learning more about the rules and 'table', the multiballs don't bother me. However, the add a ball feature still has me concerned and hopefully there's adjustments for it. Add a balls appear to be easy to get and has no limit with the default settings. (I'll see if i can find out more about the add a balls and whether there's a setting to limit it).

4. The multiball rules look stellar, mainly the power chord jackpot > locking balls during multiball and then collecting it. Kevin and Joe said this is a very satisfying rule of the game; this is not available in the SE FYI.

5. The light show is over the top, it was hard to tell in the streams on whether there was any point or logic to multiball. Kevin pointed out many times that the display in the back (like hobbit) explains the objectives. Once i started seeing that display, the inserts and lights started making much more sense. But still hard to tell on a stream.

6. Album modes are qualified after 3 minutes of playing a song(s) in a particular album (keefer said the time can be adjusted in settings - awesome). Then you play the album mode - single ball mode - good luck on this table completing it! I think there's 4 albums total in this game? So that's theorettically approx 12 mins of play + album modes. so approx 15-20 mins to get to the final wizard mode? If so, this is perfect. My personal opinion is that any game that can be completed in <25 minutes is perfect for me as long as it has more to offer next time i push start. And well, most JJP games do.

7. We haven't even discussed patches...

Enjoy boys, JJP crew is hard at work. Game looks awesome.

#613 3 years ago

Jealous for you guys getting your LE’s already. And if it’s delayed a few days or a week, consider yourselves lucky still. JJP won’t even give our distributor schedules or ETA’s. Might be awhile before I officially join the club, unfortunately. But here’s to hoping for the best.

#722 3 years ago

Some good reviews, and why stop there. Here’s my initial impressions after about 7-8 games tonight. Big shout out to doomid with ontiltpinball.com at AYCE Gogi. Man, what a setup he has at AYCE. A sweet outdoor dining vibe, and he wheels pinballs in and out everyday for all to enjoy. That said, let’s get down to business.

My first game was a little underwhelming, the flippers felt weak, and I couldn’t find any rhythm. Every single game after that was FUN, with a capital holy Fucking fabulous FUN. The rules are easy to follow yet deep. The game is brutal, but not difficult. It’s hard, but it’s simple. It’s tough, but basic. You get the picture...? It’s got something for everyone it seems. I was wrong about the ball saver time stuff from watching the streams. Joe Katz told me flat out in discord, don’t sweat the ball save time, just go try the game; and of course he was right. I’m sure as I learn all the rules, I’ll eventually want to tone down the ball saver (i.e. adjust the settings to your play level). But, i had some songs with long ball saver, and others with little to no ball saver - and those times where the ball saver cut out short, my thought was shit, i gotta survive (and I can’t trap up or I’ll get boo’d, i love that! - definitely plays to my play style of on the fly playing).

The game has that one more game vibe going on and it puts you on the edge of your seat trying to start a song or other multiball so you can breathe a sigh of relief before you drain. And when you get in a song, it feels freaking gooohoood. THIS.IS.PINBALL ladies and gentlemen. Even my wife, who doesn’t play pinball much anymore, was having a really really fun time on this game (she also tried Hot Wheels, Avengers, & JP for her first time and kept coming back to GNR).

I love how the game plays before a song with clever sound effects for each of the shots and switches. The mini side multiballs and objectives are a nice touch. There’s a lot of attention to detail going on in this game. I won’t go over much of it but i love how the game will play an instrumental GNR song quietly as you come out of some multiballs. The ramps and orbits are late on the flipper and we’re a little awkward to get used to. But, once I found them they felt great. The left ramp is a really late shot on the right flipper, and the left loop is a really really late shot on the flipper. The right flipper could probably have been better with 1 or 2 extra power to it in the settings. I actually enjoyed the mini playfield and locking balls felt satisfying. But, I did feel like there was a sound effect (achievement) lacking when making the lock shot - maybe a little shaker mph of achievement and sound award? Anyway, The right ramp and right loop aren’t as late on the flipper as the other side, and both those shots feel really good. I really enjoyed hitting the Pyro target behind the Slash record, and the slash record itself was more satisfying than i thought it would be, this had a lot to do with the light show and effects surrounding the shot. I really enjoyed the Izzy center spinner shot, very satisfying.

Ok, now for some critiques. I actually dig the shooter lane and skill shot. But The exit over the right slinger to the right flipper did feel awkward. Mystery seemed to always be lit. I can’t tell if this is a good thing or a bad thing, it seemed excessive, but I was relieved to get a mystery each time because it gave me a breather and a chance to help progress to a song. The upper right flipper loop shot was tough to dial in. I think that flipper coil could use a power boost, but my wife did manage to hit 2 or 3 consecutive loops at one time. She even got a double jackpot from the upper loop and the call out and effect sounded great. I got some super jackpots throughout the night and those call outs seemed fairly underwhelming while the effect was awesome.

Highlights of the night. Getting a 3-ball power chord jackpot! The effect was bad ass, unfortunately the call out was underwhelming. The call out probably wouldn’t have bothered me if it was correct ‘Power Chord Jackpot’ but instead it said ‘Super Jackpot’ and didn’t have much enthusiasm. The other highlight was getting in on a multiplayer game with Karl D’ Angelo. I had him beat, well.... until we both got extra balls in which he blew up his extra ball and i drained mine in 2 seconds haha.

All in all, this game is great fun. And owners won’t be disappointed. I’ve had a deposit in since day 1 and have been back & forth on the fence from watching videos and reading all the criticism’s on Pinside about it. Should I should stay in, move to an SE, or jump ship altogether? Happy to say, after tonight, It’s an easy decision, I’m staying in. I just hope JJP can product games fast enough! They did a great job with this game and should feel proud. Well done JJP team.

Boo-ya 3ball power chord champ haha...

18FCEB74-1923-4482-AC57-AD6031D0D0AA (resized).jpeg18FCEB74-1923-4482-AC57-AD6031D0D0AA (resized).jpeg
#735 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Sounds like JJP is getting hammered on all versions of this game. Very happy for them, because I want them to be around for a very long time. No way could they have anticipated this much buzz especially in such an odd year.
Hopefully we get some timelines this week on deliveries.

Agreed, and I think a lot of us have been wanting something different for a long time that not only feels good, but has a strong theme as well. GNR is this. Unfortunately, it has to be concerning whether JJP can meet the demand or not. We’re not getting answers, Distributors are not getting answers, How long will it take JJP to fulfill this demand? 1 month? 2 months? 6 months? A year? Their track record isn’t good, but I’ve seen nothing but positive’s surrounding GNR, hopeful this title will be different than past history. JJP is so close to checking all the boxes we want in such a demanding hobby, i hope they can deliver the last piece of the puzzle. Will excitement, hype, and deposits die out before they can make all these games and attention + $ diverted when the next new shiny thing is released? Time will tell, but I’m pulling for JJP - the game itself looks like a team effort on all fronts and it shows.

#775 3 years ago

For you owners; how difficult is it to stage the flippers? I didn’t get enough time to play with it. Are you able to play the upper right flipper and mini pf flipper while cradling balls?

One thing i remember while playing the other night is the crowd meter drops fast! I tried to be clever and just cradle while making shots with the other flipper but that is a no go. Can only cradle for a few seconds before you have to get the balls back in play. I thought that was really cool actually. Promotes on the fly playing which is actually more my style, and also makes for quicker gametimes.

#841 3 years ago

Maybe I had a long day and have to vent, or maybe some of you can relate. But JJP’s distribution model is certainly sucking the wind out of my sails. And maybe I should just proceed with my JP2 order than get stuck in this debacle. It seems like it’s always something with JJP. Am I wrong?

#851 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What do you mean? Did they mess up the LE sales too? Haha

Basically. Most distributors still don’t know when or how many they are getting. Listen to Zach on today’s pinball show episode, even he says it’s a mess and he’s a distributor. Lessons Learned = buy direct from JJP on any new titles going forward.

#862 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So buy JP2, play the snot out of it, it's a perfect game for someone who plays like you, and then sell it and pick up a GNR once the dust settles. You'll have no problem moving Jurassic Park later, it's a hugely popular title. One of the only recent Sterns I've actually played, it's a shooter's game for sure.
It's always fun getting in on the hype, but after a week of owning a game it's just another pin, and when you got it doesn't make a huge difference.
Bonus: GNR bugs will be worked out, code will mature, and it will probably be a better game by the time you get it.

That’s what I did with JJPOTC and IMDN. 2-3 years later, i still haven’t owned a JJPOTC and I still have IMDN. This time I’m gonna stick to my guns (pun intended) lol.

As cool as JP2 is, I honestly don’t want another ‘samey’ stern. It’s time for something different, something fresh. This hobby is all about timing and GNR couldn’t have come at a better time for me in this hobby. I didn’t want another music pin, and was set on getting JP2, but GNR checks those missing boxes I’ve been looking for. Played it this past weekend to confirm that. Hot Wheels is another contender for a new game, and they’re shipping immediately. But, I’ll hold off a little longer and hope distributors start getting answers.

#1116 3 years ago

Warning, hypothetical post incoming. If they did sell 2500-3000 games. Let’s say they can make 100 games/wk in the new factory with COVID restrictions. that’s 30 weeks at best they’ll have all orders fulfilled, granted there’s no supplier issues or delays with parts ordering. Good for JJP, but a long long wait for a lot of us. It’ll be interesting to see how many people stick to their order and don’t jump ship when stern or CGC show the next new shiny toy.

Good luck and Godspeed to you JJP. You’re in the big leagues now, right where you wanted to be. But a lot hard work and bumpy roads still ahead. Pulling for you to be able to meet this much demand.

#1122 3 years ago

Not sure if this has been posted. Cool Fox News article on JJP and GNR.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/coronavirus-leads-to-spike-in-pinball-popularity

#1348 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I joined the club today! - the machine was literally built yesterday in Chicago (10/20/20), shipped to Mike at Automated last night, and in my home (Long Island, NY) this AM (10/21/20.)
Just a heads up - I had a "trough errror" that was a result of 3 plugs pulling free from the motherboard in the head (right side of board) - I found a 2 years old thread about Pirates with the exact issue - and with that info, I plugged them in and all was fine. Here's a link to that old thread if you had that issue - it has to do with how the zip tied the cables and folded the head:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brand-new-jjp-pirates-unpacking-trough-error
Another note- I also had a tilt bob error. I didn't realize they installed it and it was surrounded by foam causing it to lock as tilted. I removed the foam and again, all was well.
The machine is beautiful - and absolutely Jack's best effort yet. Incredible, effort all around.
Now to enjoy the machine![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Jelly jelly. Amazing turn around from factory to distributor to your house!

#1440 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

How do you actually collect the power chord jackpot? I've had it set up a couple times now, and cant seem to collect?

I’ve gotten it once. As far as I could tell, when you lock balls and get down to 1 ball a hurry up timer begins (not sure if it’s displayed). You have until that timer expires to get the final ball locked, do it and get a big payoff with a cool effect (coincidentally an improper wrong call out too unfortunately).

#1449 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When you shoot your first ball into the guitar neck during a song, a timer starts on the screen. You then need to lock the rest of balls in play (from 2 to 6) in the guitar neck before the timer expires to get the power chord jackpot. The more balls locked, the higher the value.

Do you know if any of the recent updates fixe the power chord jackpot call out?

#1558 3 years ago

RE: song jackpot. Heres an idea:
What if when you finish the song and encore starts, your song jackpot turns into a hurry up that you have to collect at the scoop. Example: you have a 20 million song jp > encore starts > song jackpot starts counting down quick til you collect.

#1585 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

That's a southern expression MEANING - "What do you mean" ?
Didn't know you guys in CA used that one, lol.

We don’t. He’s in San Francisco

#1731 3 years ago

Is there any documentation on what all the GNR patches do? Or is it on the instant info screen?

#1739 3 years ago

Do you have to do something to qualify the song jp cashout? Had one built to 10 mil. Drained to 1 ball, hit scoop, and....nothing. Flipped around for a bit, I think I hit the scoop again and...nothing. Then drained.

1 week later
#2212 3 years ago

Question for owners:
How’s the upper right flipper shots been for you guys. This is one of my biggest concerns on gameplay as I haven’t had much luck looping shots on the location game I play, much less even making the shot. Have you had more success on your home game and/or make any adjustments to that flipper?

#2226 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

No adjustment on mine and I can repeat the upper loop once pretty often but I think I’ve only gotten 3 loops once!
My “professional” advice;
Helps if you’re drinking a few beers...
Funny because the same happens when I play my Getaway HS2 when i’m drinking I usually make more loops! Otherwise I hit about the same 2 or 3 but not consistently.
Hope that helps!

It’s amazing how much beer helps improve flow!

#2268 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you guys think JJP is applying this to current and future built games? Or should I plan on ordering a bottle of loctite?

#2421 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The band member revolver insert color turns green when you have locked that band member. There are meters for Crowd, Pyro, Lights, and Amp on the LCD that show when they are maxed out. Circle meters.[quoted image]

Are you saying crowd, pyro, lights, and amp build your song value?

#2598 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's your California living tax
$1 is still common around here on east coast.

Correction, Nor Cal living tax :LOL: best place for location in so cal is $.50 to $1. Shout out to AYCE GOGI.

#2623 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

On the LE/CE you will get a GNR letter spotted if the ball drains through the hole under the flipper on the upper PF.

Whoa awesome! I didn’t know that, very cool as I thought the SE would be the better game for patch strategy. These guys think of everything

#2716 3 years ago

From my experience, all JJP games default with fairly weak flippers. This ruins the ‘on location’ experience for me. When I took a chance and boight WOZ, I had to increase the flipper strength and it was a night and day difference. The game blew my mind on how well it played, still miss it.

Same goes for GNR. Played it new on location, fun but weak. Played it a few weeks later at the same location where op said he tweaked the flippers; again, night and day difference.

I’m not adding much, just rambling, and sharing my experience. But, I wonder why JJP defaults their flippers so weak? Better long term for operators perhaps?

#2796 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Like I said, there is going to be a feature that allows you to choose any song and play it from the get go with unlimited ball saver. I’m guessing she will love that.

This sounds very promising. Like a mini game, play one song in its entirety and see how many points you get. Could make for a great party game. I really like that Keith elwin is adding these mode options to his games as well (JP).

#2894 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

sloppy marketing nothing else

Sort of. Looks more of a Catch phrase to get your company noticed and people to call. Businesses do this stuff all the time. And it’s not entirely false; “same day shipping” ...*cough* <when you’re game is ready>

#3058 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

It's funny, we don't hear about any new owners here, or unboxing, or anything. Its the same 5-8 ppl in here that own the game. Wonder how many LEs they are making a week. We had a few new people in this thread last month, but it was all SE's. Seems like the rollout is slow, and if its because they are figuring out playfield issues, then I'm cool with that, take your time.

I think only 1 new LE owner has posted in the last couple weeks, phoenixpin . Is JJP making 10-15 games a day, or 10-15 games a week? I don’t want to say what my distributor told me for an ETA as I don’t want to jinx nothing haha. I just hope JJP cranks them out and there’s a slew of owners that have no idea this thread exists; or all those games made in the last few weeks are going overseas. The crickets are deafening.

#3155 3 years ago
3435EAD0-2D52-4669-84E3-F74FA7276482 (resized).jpeg3435EAD0-2D52-4669-84E3-F74FA7276482 (resized).jpeg
#3208 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

I think I saw this mentioned previously but I’d like to put it in here again in case Keith and co. are reading...I can envision a situation where I would want to have all the songs available but turn off the adult callouts. I know it sounds kind of ridiculous, but the language in the songs are more predictable and, in many cases, harder to hear, while the callouts are clear, very obvious, and can happen at various times. I realize it’s a long shot but it can’t hurt to ask.
The three options could be:
Family Mode <> Adult Mode <> Adult Mode (songs only)
Anyone else with kids around where this might be useful or am I on an island on this one?

You’re not alone. I have little kids and would very much love to see a setting like this.

#3285 3 years ago

This one took a little extra effort to make, but well worth it. A tribute to those in this next batch of LE’s.
Original pic taken from JJP Instagram.
F7D98467-AFC5-4150-BDD2-0560FA1BDE2E (resized).jpegF7D98467-AFC5-4150-BDD2-0560FA1BDE2E (resized).jpeg

#3315 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I disabled the camera in the physical settings and still getting the reset issue on my third ball. Pretty frustrating I have to say, even more frustrating as JJP still hasn’t gotten back to me after I sent them the dump file. The game now has a left flipper issue I have to deal with now too, all I can say is I have a bunch of Sterns in here and they don’t have any issues hardly ever. This machine has been a nightmare right from the start. Too bad as I think it is generally a descent game to play once you tweak the settings a little for gameplay. One frustrated customer, what do you do.

Does it always happen on ball 3? Is it a certain song that causes? Can you replicate the issue? Or does it seem completely random?

It seems to happen often from your posts, so I highly doubt it’s a software issue or we’d hear more about it from the other 7 owners (that was a joke). Unfortunately, sounds like something more serious. Hope you start getting better support and JJP gets you back on track soon. Please keep us updated on what the fix is once it’s determined. good luck!

#3340 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Avengers won’t. I would be shocked. Really no comparison.

There’s just too many owners for it not to win.

My personal opinion on game of the year (and I’ve played all 4):

GNR > R&M > Hotwheels > ....................AIQ.

#3342 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

So are you saying GnR is best?

Of those 4 pins, yes. R&M is really close, what a cool game!

#3346 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s what I thought but the dots threw me a bit and I peak at your pin collection.Thanks for being real instead of a fan boy.I have 2 JJP’s but I can easily say I enjoyed DP and JP 2

No bias from me, absolutely none whatsoever.....oh, except I may have a GNR soon

Quoted from punkin:

Have you played Celts?
MakeThatAllFivePunkin

No. Has anyone in America?

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

NOT disputing your vote just asking. You are ready to call it Game Of the Year yet you still don't OWN it?? I have played many titles over the year one dollar at a time and thought they were Must have incredible.....Till I bought one. lol

Don’t mess with my zen man
Those 4 games are the only new 2020 pins I’ve played this year. I have about equal time on all 4 (actually much less on hot wheels) but only a couple hours on each so really my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt. But at least I got that going for me

+ AIQ definitely wins the layout dept.
+ rules and code are honestly great on all 4, but AIQ is way early vs the other 3. It needs a lot of polish.
+ lighting - GNR and R&M are exquisite
+ sounds and music - GNR and R&M smoke the other 2
+ fun and addictive play - GNR and R&M are a wash. Hot wheels close behind.
+ X Factor: i.e. energy, Adrenalin. Again, GNR R&M smoke the other 2.
+ overall: I give the edge to GNR because...well, basically I’m bias. Otherwise R&M

#3375 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why? Almost everyone in this thread doesn’t have the game. Club threads are for owners and fans. Always have been.

Agreed! Should be owners and ‘fans especially’. That’s what made the GOT kicks ass thread so epic.

#3376 3 years ago

Anyone know recommended pitch for GNR?

#3380 3 years ago

Welcome to the paradise city!

Big shout out to my distributor doomid and ontiltpinball at AYCE GOGI. He’s been real cool, up front and candid since day 1.

I’m a bit beat now, so not much time to play, but I can tell some dialing in and pitch adjusting and testing will be needed as I’m getting ball hops from the left inlane off the flipper.

Until then, here’s some pinball porn...

3F44CCB1-9C59-4BBC-81D2-BBFAC3E634C3 (resized).jpeg3F44CCB1-9C59-4BBC-81D2-BBFAC3E634C3 (resized).jpegC26E6EA8-4D70-4C89-B333-E91F6116178F (resized).jpegC26E6EA8-4D70-4C89-B333-E91F6116178F (resized).jpeg07C63A5E-F799-48A0-9197-431FFF05D384 (resized).jpeg07C63A5E-F799-48A0-9197-431FFF05D384 (resized).jpeg1258D00A-5047-4510-9D2A-CC5C001E7FE8 (resized).jpeg1258D00A-5047-4510-9D2A-CC5C001E7FE8 (resized).jpeg56622437-FC66-4C9C-83ED-C12BDE554B49 (resized).jpeg56622437-FC66-4C9C-83ED-C12BDE554B49 (resized).jpeg5B627E97-C8F8-45D9-917E-F40FDBD597A3 (resized).jpeg5B627E97-C8F8-45D9-917E-F40FDBD597A3 (resized).jpeg1DAB54FC-4A0E-4DF8-9255-6AEA92B54A21 (resized).jpeg1DAB54FC-4A0E-4DF8-9255-6AEA92B54A21 (resized).jpeg8AC26567-2FC9-40E9-B38D-30397B6B4600 (resized).jpeg8AC26567-2FC9-40E9-B38D-30397B6B4600 (resized).jpegDDC7CCB5-4C63-467C-81C3-BE8B25CB986F (resized).jpegDDC7CCB5-4C63-467C-81C3-BE8B25CB986F (resized).jpeg11E55D88-29B9-4579-B2F0-D2EC757E6AAB (resized).jpeg11E55D88-29B9-4579-B2F0-D2EC757E6AAB (resized).jpeg11CF684A-D4B7-419A-AC3B-CC5B8C9DE098 (resized).jpeg11CF684A-D4B7-419A-AC3B-CC5B8C9DE098 (resized).jpeg28EB41FA-57FA-4367-84EF-B7B71566C89C (resized).jpeg28EB41FA-57FA-4367-84EF-B7B71566C89C (resized).jpeg787D189A-303B-40F5-88CC-D855BE6C56AB (resized).jpeg787D189A-303B-40F5-88CC-D855BE6C56AB (resized).jpegE1A1ED86-334F-46C4-9DFC-3CE7A30B4C2E (resized).jpegE1A1ED86-334F-46C4-9DFC-3CE7A30B4C2E (resized).jpeg97F92B6E-9A82-4788-9686-8FCAE5560A8C (resized).jpeg97F92B6E-9A82-4788-9686-8FCAE5560A8C (resized).jpegC53ACD32-DAB8-4CDE-A1E7-F7AC7251E4C0 (resized).jpegC53ACD32-DAB8-4CDE-A1E7-F7AC7251E4C0 (resized).jpegECEF2D3D-CF35-4773-A5CD-4F3AEBD977DA (resized).jpegECEF2D3D-CF35-4773-A5CD-4F3AEBD977DA (resized).jpeg9E9D8C33-CC1A-467E-9D6B-B0699E83937A (resized).jpeg9E9D8C33-CC1A-467E-9D6B-B0699E83937A (resized).jpeg2D00FE99-FE53-42A6-99D5-7672279833A7 (resized).jpeg2D00FE99-FE53-42A6-99D5-7672279833A7 (resized).jpeg
#3390 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

Just got our LE tonight, and a second huge shout-out to doomid at OnTiltPinball and AYCE Gogi in SoCal for being the BEST pinball distributor. Playfield is beautiful, plays flawless right out of the box, and downloaded the most recent code effortlessly. I can’t believe JJP has raised the bar again!

Nice! Lucky dog with the poster haha. Congrats Kevin!
...downloaded most recent code. Oh snap, knew I forgot to do something last night. I think mine was on 1.08, what’s the latest version at? In any event. I’ll setup the WiFi later today.

#3405 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

They said I had just missed you packing up your game! Looks like I did pick the right one to get the signed poster! What was your build date. My code was at 1.04 when opened. Congrats on the new game!!

Dang would have been nice to meet. Interesting we’re on different versions. I’ll check my build date when I get home.

#3409 3 years ago

Dialing in tips - questions:

+ center spinner shot: more often then not, it goes into the pops. Sometimes it almost makes it around the 2nd loop up to lanes. But for the most part, it’ll brick or go into the pops. Any tips to dial that shot in?

+ once in awhile the drops off the drumsticks. Any tips?

I’m gonna pull glass shortly and look at both. My pitch is approx 6.7-6.8. I may try some experiments going both lower and higher but looking for any other owner feedback.

Thanks.

#3417 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don’t think there is anything to dial in with the pops, it’s supposed to go there and occasionally fly up to the lanes.
Never ever have had the ball fall off the drum sticks- are you level?

I was at 6.9 pitch actually. Lowered to 6.7 and seems better so far. I’ll keep experimenting.

I think my only gripe on the game so far, and I this may be a simple fix (or it’s by design?), but the momentum of the ball through the inlane will typically come to a halt as soon as it hits the flipper rubber, throws off flow and timing big time. Anyone else notice this?

#3419 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It goes away after a few dozen games

Cool, good to know thanks. I’ll put my pinball OCD on ignore on that one for now haha.

Curious What flipper strength you guys have been going with? I increased the bottom flippers +1 which seems good. Factory had a little hard time making upper pf and loops. May experiment with some other settings too.

#3438 3 years ago

Another tip on patches. When ball is in shooter or you’re cradled, and you press action button to cycle patches, the small display inside the game will briefly display the award for the patch you’re on.

Also, learning the inlanes and knowing how they work to spot a letter is key. Took me a bit to figure it out, but flipper buttons cycle through the 3 inlanes, you want the inlane lit when the ball goes through it (or have it on GNR inlane when ball goes in the gutter on the mini pf to spot a letter too).

Other than that, I haven’t dug as deep as kermit24 but that’s the beauty of deep games. I typically find a patch that’s cool and go for it. Got to play Patience tonight cause I got that patch. Real cool. Also, when selecting a song, itll have the patch lit up next to the song if you got it which will increase scoring for it.

Still haven’t broke 10 mil, but did lose a 7 mil welcome to the jungle jackpot today haha.

#3441 3 years ago

Here’s a few criticisms after day 2:

+ ball fluency from inlane to flipper is still a little rough at times. My left flipper has gotten way better and practically 100% smooth. Right flipper can still be sporadic. But, like nicoy3k mentioned earlier, this gets better in time and I’m starting to see that.

+ upper flipper loop. I can hit consecutive shots, I can hit loops/ramps and combo it. Feels really really good. BUT, there’s no cool sound effects or fan fanfare for looping that shot like there is in games like JJPOTC. I still need to learn the rules, but ‘seems’ like there’s little to no cool rules associated with that upper loop especially in song modes. Hoping there’s more to come code wise.

+ the code is really solid with a lot in it. But, it still feels like it’s missing that ‘it’ factor to tie everything altogether. This could also be me still learning the rules, but hoping there’s still more to come in the code dept. especially when you compare it to other JJP games.

These are just a few criticisms. The game is still pretty darn phenomenal and I’m still learning. But, song modes still feel like flail fests mainly because I am still learning what to do. It’s only been 1 full 24 hour day since setting it up after all

#3442 3 years ago

Oh one other thing - The inside spinner shot to pops/lanes. I know ppl say it’s random, and to me, it feels completely like the katana ramp in DP but less consistent. I noticed a plastic guard at the end of the ramp by the lanes, I have a sneaky feeling the ball gets hung up on that guard which is why it’s not completing the shot. I haven’t completely dug into it, but it’s awfully close to causing bricked shots. Also, there’s a post with rubber entering that guide rail which seems fairly exposed to cause shots to ricochet. Hard to tell to be honest.

Anyone investigate that or do any tweaking in those areas yet? I’m tempted to take the plastic guard out just to see if it improves. But figured I’d pick others’ brains on it first.

5A113387-9F40-41F7-97E0-5B71704C421E (resized).jpeg5A113387-9F40-41F7-97E0-5B71704C421E (resized).jpeg8F535C42-122E-4E50-89EF-F8E93BE674F2 (resized).jpeg8F535C42-122E-4E50-89EF-F8E93BE674F2 (resized).jpeg
#3445 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

I’m having the exact opposite experience with GnR and we’ve both had the game the same amount of time. My inlanes are fast and smooth, my middle loop always has the travel fanfare when made, the song multi balls are what you make them, and if you can get them under control what fun they are! The patch rules are fantastic. Trying to max out the mini multi balls and locking as many balls in the guitar lock before you start a song is awesome. Every shot on my game is smooth. So far, I can’t stop playing it!

Yea. For the most part all the shots are smooth. Curious what your pitch is at? I am right around 6.7-6.8. May need to bring it down a touch. I’m super OCD when dialing in a pin, but don’t get me wrong, I got it playing fantastic for the most part. I was throwing stuff out there to see what other peeps are doing to dial things in.

#3458 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't think the "S" shot won't go to the top lanes every time. There are just too many variables in play. Getting right from the spinner into the pops is very helpful when you are in a frenzy (switch hits) type mode. But it does make it up there a good deal of the time.

Thanks. Is this how the entrance of your ‘S’ shot is? Looks like that target is in the way of really setting up the beginning of the shot. There’s a set screw behind it though to adjust the guide rail, im tempted to toy with it.

207F910E-DF00-47F5-97D9-01935193E3F7 (resized).jpeg207F910E-DF00-47F5-97D9-01935193E3F7 (resized).jpeg
#3461 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

Looks like mine may have a little more clearance, but this spinner shot works great in mine.

When you say it works great. Does it do the full ‘S’ all the way to the AXL lanes more times than not? Or does it work great in the sense that you can rip the spinner, after that it’s random?

#3464 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

A well placed shot will rip the spinner and usually go to the rollovers. But, I agree with Kermit, there are a lot of variables and most of the time it seems more advantageous to keep it in the pops anyway for switch hits to complete modes. But, it is cool to have it whip all the way around!

Cool. I think my shot is fine. I may still toy with moving the target or guide to give better clearance.

#3470 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hard to tell from your photo angle. My JAM target is centered in the playfield hole for it. It does overlap a bit, but usually doesn’t interfere. Pretty sure it’s like that so it’s possible to hit the JAM target on its way through the spinner. I’ve done this a lot.

I moved it over a tad and moved the guide rail slightly right. Seems much better - I think the target is overlapping the guide by design to protect balls slamming into it. There’s an exit guide adjust as well, but looks like a pain to get at. Lowering the flipper power closer to factory helped too as I increased it a few notches. The 2nd part of the ‘S’ shot has some guide adjustments as well that I may tinker with later on but overall I think it’s fine, just the random design of the shot.

Back to flipper hop from the inlanes. Do you guys get it from time to time? I know nicoy3k said it’s normal on a new game and to give it time, but I’m tempted to readjust the flippers and see if it improves. It’s really not bad or anything, just my OCD kicking in and curious if it happens on other games as well (i.e. normal, or not).

#3473 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thanks mate , I played a carnage mode that looked like a fighting video game , is that in your list under another name .

That’s one of the 4 album modes (Appetite for destruction album to be more specific).

#3482 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I get a tiny hop on the right inlane, but I’m not using stock rubber. I think the rubber used makes a difference since they are not exactly the same.
Edit: really not much flipper hop at all here.

Swapped out the red for black rubbers and noticed an incredible difference. So nicoy3k is probably right about just giving the red some time to break in. But, black rubber on black bats makes it very hard to gauge flipper depth. Gonna play around with a few other types that I can scrape together from my bag of tricks bins or go back to the stock red and wait til they break in.

#3485 3 years ago

Think I got my flipper issue resolved. While trying different rubbers, I noticed this:

Before:
8ABFEE8F-5CFE-49F4-8820-B5B363378748 (resized).jpeg8ABFEE8F-5CFE-49F4-8820-B5B363378748 (resized).jpeg

Made an adjustment. These flippers are pretty easy to adjust with a small ratchet tool. Much easier than sterns. After:

2747182E-2861-4EE5-8678-7BAA643EDD1D (resized).jpeg2747182E-2861-4EE5-8678-7BAA643EDD1D (resized).jpeg

The black rubbers worked the best, but hard to see black on black. Went with yellow and those worked really good but the ball bounces wildly on yellow rubbers so no real drop or live catches possible. Found some Marco reds I ordered awhile back and that did the trick.

Back in action and rocking out! Finally enjoying the pin and it’s pretty freakin bad ass. Time to start really digging into the rules, speaking of which is there anything written down anywhere on how to build song values or other side objectives in the game? I found some cool tour patches so gonna mess around with those and try to stack with tour multiball. So much to do! ...even though it doesn’t seem that way on the surface.

#3489 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Are you using a wide angle lens? Why does your flipper look like it’s 6 inches long?

Because size matters! Haha no idea why it came out like that really, maybe the angle zoomed in close? In either case I’m rockin now! Just had a fun game collecting like a dozen badges and playing tour multiball and slashes solo.

B83C8B2B-F269-4416-8EEA-811C1D7A0C1B (resized).jpegB83C8B2B-F269-4416-8EEA-811C1D7A0C1B (resized).jpeg
#3500 3 years ago

So now that I’m enjoying the game and digging in deeper, I gotta say I really like the upper pf. The choices to hit duff, lock a ball, or take a GNR patch letter are very fun and strategic. Really cool game. Still haven’t broke 10 mil, but it’s coming.

Hope to see more unboxing pics this week!

#3519 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

FYI - I posted the Patch Sets on the Tilt Rulesheet. Spoiler Alert, but if you are interested.
http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

You.Rock!

#3541 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

LOL! If you don't want to believe be, that's fine. It really doesn't matter.
Here you are telling people they will NEVER see it. I'm simply stating you're wrong. I've seen it with my own two eyes.
I didn't think to take a picture. I never thought someone on Pinside would ask for me to prove it with photo evidence.
You sure are something...
I'm honestly made at myself for taking the time to even type this.

He already corrected himself and apologized. Now let’s talk GNR, how freakin cool is this game!?!?!

#3602 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Anyone grab any merch today?

Where do you buy? Navigating to their store site doesn’t bring up anything on my phone. Maybe I need to log in with a PC?

#3611 3 years ago

What kind of song jackpots are you guys building up to? I’m usually 2-3 mil with occasional 5-6. And is there a way to tell what you’re song level is built to prior to starting a song?
This game is pretty epic, riding a last game of the night high as I type this

#3613 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Max out all your booster multiball meters and lock all balls before a song start, use patch combinations to increase certain song scoring. With this you can get 10-20 million or even higher, no one has explained what the individual booster meters increase scoring on exactly. No point in playing the album modes because scoring piddles in comparison to the songs unless you want to just progress through the game, all of them are easy to time out except for tear down the wall.

I imagine locking balls increases song level as well? It’s kinda fun to go into song mode with 1 or 2 balls and see how high I can build it. I’m more about exploring right now more than exploiting, but going for a max song jackpot sounds fun. Maybe go for the patch set that allows 2 boosters and max those even more?

#3626 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ugh, I don't want to hear that. Lack of inlane to flipper smoothness is one of the biggest indicators of poor design in our experience. It was one of our biggest complaints with Alice Cooper. I hope it IS fixable.

I got it fixed. Replacing flipper rubber helped a lot. Adjusting the flipper angle and guide helped as well, my right flipper wasnt aligned. I've been having a blast since.

I still get a rejected shot on the second portion of the 'S' shot from time to time. I may play with the ball guide adjustments to see if it helps. But, but the inner spinner entrance to the 'S' I got tweaked to be better by moving the JAM target over to the left to allow a smoother shot to the guide rail.

#3632 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

To get more jackpots. The booster jackpots have a huge impact on song value.

I don’t know if I missed it, but is there an indicator of what your song value is built up to before getting into a song?

#3674 3 years ago

Patch tips helped, my first 10+ mil game

8603A611-16BF-478B-B3D9-8D5601AB143B (resized).jpeg8603A611-16BF-478B-B3D9-8D5601AB143B (resized).jpeg
#3683 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Lol , you don't look very happy for someone who has just got the Grand Champion score .
They need Slash or Melissa to call out " say cheese " or " smile " before the game takes your picture .

It’s weird, sometimes it uses your initials picture, and sometimes it uses some random picture during the game? Not entirely sure, I’m guessing it has some kind of programmed face recognition and if you’re doing something wild (like I was doing) when you enter your initials, it voids the pic and uses the other pic that it captured while you were playing (unaware).

#3687 3 years ago

I got tired of looking at a bunch of pictures of myself so I turned off the features where it takes a pic at the end and when it shows all the pics from high scores.
It’s still on so that you’re displayed on the lcd while playing though. And i think it still watches me drink beer too!

It’s always watching you. I got a kick out of watching the high score tables for the first time. Kinda fun. Got a cool one with my daughter and slash too. Looks like he’s really there I love it!

A0CEF34F-610F-4C00-974E-9CF3224FA0FA (resized).jpegA0CEF34F-610F-4C00-974E-9CF3224FA0FA (resized).jpegA9A8D0D9-068E-4E09-BA95-E69EFA783124 (resized).jpegA9A8D0D9-068E-4E09-BA95-E69EFA783124 (resized).jpeg
#3689 3 years ago

It’s a cool feature for sure. I’ll probably turn mine on whenever there’s company over, otherwise, like I said it’s just a bunch of pictures of me.

......with Slash!

#3706 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Got my LE yesterday. Only issue to note is the spinning record wasn't aligned quite right. I had to play with it to get it even on the playfield. Its a little off center from the hole but I'm not sure I care that much. I do have a scratch on each of the red painted top rail (side near glass).....this likely from the swinging hinge when putting the head in the up position. I'm on the fence on if I should reach out to JJP about this. Would have been best to have some plastic protecting all painted surfaces like there was on the lock bar. I did get the signed poster which was quite epic!
[quoted image]

If it’s the rails that got scratched, I imagine JJP would send replacements. Ask your distributor for advice.

#3722 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I knew mine was in transit, but was surprised by a door knock today. It had arrived and it is glorious. So happy with the LE model and the cabinet art is perfect.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hell yeah! Congrats!

#3732 3 years ago

150 games in after a week. Here’s some audits:

GC: 26mil
Balls saved: 115
Avg game time: 5m:55
Avg ball times: 111.7 secs
3-ball games: 125
4-ball games (1 EB): 19
5-ball games (2 EB’s): 1
6-ball games (3 EB’s): 2

Game times are nearly equal across the board from 1 minute - 15 minute games with 3-4 minute games the least and 6-8 minute games the most.

All in all, this game kicks ass!

If we get any kind of wishlist on the code front, it would be:
+ add more rules (with cool sound effects) to looping the upper flipper loop shot. It’s so fun to get 3-4 loops but usually there’s no reward but the satisfaction of doing it.
+ polish album modes
+ should album modes be more rewarding/enticing? They seem to be the riskiest thing to go for because single ball, no saver - however, I have yet to do good in one or complete it. So perhaps there is a reward? Maybe light song after completing a mode? Hell, I don’t know, I guess I should complete one before saying what it needs hahaha.

#3733 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I'm waiting on mine too...got the email a couple weeks ago to pay the balance in full which I did. Then what happens normally...did you get an email indicated it shipped along with tracking numbers as the next step? Just curious what to expect. Hope you're enjoying the new game!! Thanks!

From my experience; It took approx 28 days to ship after sending final payment to distributor. Got my game 5 days after that.

#3742 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Thanks for the feedback....thats helpful to know. I'll use my advent calendar to countdown!

Lego advent calendar for the win!

5D691629-1296-4F80-9AA4-0C2828000E5F (resized).jpeg5D691629-1296-4F80-9AA4-0C2828000E5F (resized).jpeg
#3749 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just came down to play my GNR today. The opto's underneath the skill shot are not working. I checked for loose wires or something unplugged. So far I do not see anything anyone else run into this problem thanks.

My skillshot optos seemed weird the other day too (triggering skill shots without plunging). I heard those switches recalibrate themselves on reboot. That’s what I did to fix. Not sure if more needs to be done.

#3762 3 years ago

how does jukebox work? I have my lockdown bar button set to be used to start a game. Powered up my game and pressed the lockdown button to start a game but it wasn’t ready yet (still initializing), then jukebox started. Random played and played a song I never heard before from their new stuff - it Was really cool. But can’t figure out how to start jukebox besides that one accident. I assume it’s with the lockdown button so maybe I just have to disable the button for starting a game? I guess I could have tried that instead of typing all this out hahaha (but I think my alter ego in me hopes keefer is reading and may have to reprogram it this scenario?). Anyway, hopped up on Starbucks crack, time for some GNR!

#3763 3 years ago

More Starbucks crack happiness. While typing out that last post, with this weird and cool new song playing, I saw the credits scrolling for first time, song ended, hit start, instrumental GNR kicks in. It’s showtime! (Yes I’m high on Starbucks right now) haha

9E3EB74C-9115-4B8B-8BAE-D3F3EC225879 (resized).jpeg9E3EB74C-9115-4B8B-8BAE-D3F3EC225879 (resized).jpeg
#3765 3 years ago

If any of the programmers are reading (and so it begins haha). With demolition derby lit, start noise multiball, drain to one ball, scoop relit - shot it - spat it back out - shot it again - worked. Probably something funny with the grace period.

A spinner effect (inside spinner) in desert demolition would be nice too

#3778 3 years ago

Also, booster multiballs will release locked balls and/or pass thru locked shots.

#3785 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m trying to be happy for all you guys that have your games. I really am.

If it makes you feel any better, I just got my first 6-ball power jackpot!!! 2.5 mil. Game just keeps getting better.

#3801 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Has anyone ever been booed off the stage? Seems like the song meter thing is way too easy to max out

My wife did on her first game. We got a good laugh about it. It’s set to the easiest setting by factory default (think its at 1 of 10 if memory serves - 10 being hardest).

#3815 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Is there any way to adjust the game to add more treble and bass to it, equalizer? There is way too much midrange...sounds terrible

It didn’t sound good to me either. I really need to try and pry myself away from playing and hook up a sub

I made these adjustments and it sounded much better (to me).

A4BD8DB3-B79F-4B9C-8501-0286DF784E86 (resized).jpegA4BD8DB3-B79F-4B9C-8501-0286DF784E86 (resized).jpeg
#3824 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's a rock and roll pin, mines been sitting waiting for the game to get here for more than a month.
Better than spending $300 on a toy to stick on the playfield or a shooter rod housing.
Anyway, just offering a solution as the question was "Yea, I can't believe there isn't a way to adjust other than that. High, middle and bass adjustment should be a bare minimum...the off sound is driving me nutz!"
[quoted image]

What you need Punkin is a $300 frame for a part of your NIB cardboard box

9218EB8C-ABAA-4446-8125-F0592BE64BFA (resized).jpeg9218EB8C-ABAA-4446-8125-F0592BE64BFA (resized).jpeg
#3825 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

I'd like to be able to adjust volume on the keyboard sounds.

Look at my screenshot a few posts up. There’s a volume level setting for FX.

#3833 3 years ago

Anyone know if there’s a penalty for draining during a song while ball saver is active? Like deduct .25 pt from song level or .25 secs off the ball saver?

#3838 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. You can enable it in settings. Hold center button to turn it on and off. Can be music only, music + video, or music + video + light show. Ordered by album or random.

Oh nice. I’ll have to enable the video, didn’t know that was an option.

Btw I couldn’t get it to work when I had the center button set to start a game.

#3861 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Also just checking it out, it will plunge and achieve the skill shot so I would think it’s not a case of the machine thinking a plunge has already been attempted.

Mine has done this on occasion. Since it awards a skill shot I imagine the problem is the skillshot rollover switches. However, calibration test shows no foul play. If it continues to become a problem I may reseat the connectors associated with that board of switches.

#3867 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I've thought pretty seriously about it being a rockit meter hit, but it's not implemented yet..

Rockit meter would definitely be a cool way to do it. Tough decision as it’s more of a player based rule than a casual player rule. Maybe a setting with it default off (on for competition?).

#3868 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The GnR to Led Zeppelin comparisons will be full speed ahead in just a few minutes.I want to be first to say the artwork on JJP GnR kicks the shit out of LZ in the art department!Led Zeppelin is the greatest rock band of all time,but I think GnR kicks their ass when it comes to pinball machines.I reserve the right to modify my opinion over time but I don't believe I will need to!

I don’t even know what to say, I’m so mixed. Own 3 sterns and now that I have my first JJP NIB experience, and a GNR at that! ...my first thought is there’s no comparison - GNR is in another realm. But there’s people gawking all over Zep, “look at that new light show”...I’m like wtf. Clearly they haven’t played GNR. Seriously, How do I ever buy another stern again after experiencing GNR!?
You guys at JJP suck!

#3893 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

Is the rubber on your flippers falling apart?
Where do I get replacements and is there a different kind I should get? I've had my Iron Maiden since April and they still look new. I've had the GNR for 10 days, home use only. Also, where do I buy the clear-ish white rubber pieces. I noted one was missing but the machine only came with the larger size. You can see that I put it on the pin on the right side of the picture, but it is too big.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My JP2 red ones wore down faster. In either case i found the red ones from pinball life were a better fit for my JP2 and the Marco specialty red ones were better for GNR. Go figure. Luckily I had both on hand.

I’m not a fan of titan silicone for flippers, but may have to try them on GNR next time I order from them.

#3894 3 years ago

Speaking of rubbers. Anyone know where to order replacement rubbers (posts, slingshots, etc...) that JJP uses for GNR?

#3895 3 years ago

You are not allowed to shoot the scoop back-to-back, you need to touch anything else first. Might be what you were seeing.

This reminds me the time I reported an IMDN bug to Keith Elwin that if you lock a ball on the right loop, the loop jackpot timer continues to count down and will timeout before it releases. His response: don’t do that.

#3907 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Yeah I’ve been focusing on the four boosters, and getting the maxed.. not necessarily “lots of jackpots” but are you saying even above and maxed there is benefit?
Any particular songs better than others? I find jungle and sweet child the most lucrative. Also I think the carnage mode is kind of easy backhanding the ramps over and over.

I do best on paradise city (i think it’s mainly ramps and loops).
‘You could be mine’ is tough because it’s usually just one shot lit.
I also like ‘Estranged’ as it has lots of shots to go for.
‘November rain’ is good if you have all 6 balls locked - switch based song.

Some other song strategies:
If you’re down to 2 balls during a song, go for the power chord as that’ll add a ball, then collect the scoop for next album level and boom, just like that you’re back up to 4-balls.
If you have too many balls at the flippers with the ball saver active, just let some drain (no penalty for that......yet).

More scoring stratgies:
Go for patches. This is the hardest part of the game right now as it takes more time to learn the patch locations to toggle quickly and remember which sets to go for and/or use a cheat sheet. The Horn, Lights, Amp, Firecracker patch set is by far the best, but also the hardest to pull off - Highest Risk / Highest Reward.
Poster + TShirt could help get to encore better.
Here’s the patch sets, courtesy of @kermit24
« Spoiler! Click to reveal.
Patch Set - Benefit
Horn, Lights, Amp, Firecracker = Unlimited Booster Multiball Plays!
Gun, Rose = Welcome to the Jungle and/or Paradise City Scoring Increased
Bra, Underwear = Double Bonus Rest of the Game
IV Bag, EKG = Plus 1 Coma Multiball and Increased Scoring
Truck, Wings, Train = Tour Multiball Increased Scoring
Vater, Marshall, Gibson, Fender = Extra Ball is Lit
Poster, T-shirt = Rock It Meter Flipper Decay Halved
All 4 Albums = 2X Album Levels
»

#3929 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

When people say GNR doesn't have flow or no satisfying shots , I totally disagree .
For me , it does have great shots and Flow , if you're able to do it .
If you have a ramp that's so fat you can get it from any Flipper it takes away from the challenge for me .

200 plays in. The layout is amazing! The synergy with the layout, code, rules, theme, detail, everything...is top notch! You have ramp to ramp, or loop to ramp, or loop to upper loop (repeatable), or ramp to ramp to inner spinner wizzly doo (yea that’s what I’m calling it. You have a ramp diverted on both ramps, an mini playfield that not only is quick and fast (with little to no grind unlike pretty much every mini playfield in pinball) - but 4 strategic options to put the ball - I honestly think this is the best mini playfield in pinball! And I’m not saying that because I’m on a honeymoon....ok maybe I am, but seriously, you can lock balls from the bottom flipper, or you can put the ball in play and literally have 1-5 secs to choose where you want to try and put the ball (Duff Bass ramp, lights target for multiball, lock a ball, or take a GNR letter). Add in the power chord rules during a song multiball for add-a-ball + jackpot and it’s just icing on the cake.

That all said, I’m not going to fluff it too much (too late), the rules still need polish. The upper flipper loop needs some real cool rules/ sound effects for repeating the shot. The album modes need a lot of work. And some other balances are probably needed as well. But, we have Keefer! Mother F’n keefer in our corner! Live and Let Code!

#3948 3 years ago

Bug report:
Noise multiball - mystery lit - drain a ball and hit the mystery with the other ball during the ‘grace period’ - If rewarded a 10 second ball saver - noise multiball will continue as a single ball mode.

#3952 3 years ago

Another (bug?) report:
Extra ball lit - ball bounces up top on the lane posts and the

Quoted from kermit24:

Probably better to report these to JJP direct on Twitter. They’ve fixed some bugs I’ve reported there already.

Good idea.....ummm what’s Twitter?

#3953 3 years ago

Another bug?
I believe the intent of extra ball is to shoot the middle lane without hitting another switch. If you hit some pops and the ball goes up to the lanes and bounces for a couple seconds on the posts, the extra ball will relight, if the ball goes down the middle lane. Boom - extra ball.

#3959 3 years ago

I’m curious how much your song level increases for each ball locked? Example, I go for a lot of booster jackpots and if I start a song with only 2 or 3 balls, I’ll choose a harder (more accurate shooting song) like you could be mine. Then I’ll use the power chord to add more balls + regular song qualification add a balls. Sometimes works good for those songs that require precision shooting.

#3972 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

For starting song value: 20 sucks. 70+ Is decent. 100+ is good. 125+ is great. 150+ is amazing.
All of these numbers above directly impact the song jackpot. The song jackpot is driven by how many stages of the song are completed. They increase exponentially as progress is made throughout the song. The longer the song is played combined with the stages completed make the song jackpot what it is. Impossible to say that a specific song level equates to a specific song jackpot.
Throw a “band frenzy” in there and the jackpot is boosted even more.

Nice. And to add to this, if you can pull off an encore, your song level will carry over into that next song.

I need to learn more about band frenzy. I notice band members flashing during the song, Collect said band member and it seems to light the insert solid. Do that for all members and get band frenzy I believe? What I don’t know is what qualifies the band member to start flashing? Is it just based on who you hit first, then hit/collect them again to lock it in?

#3974 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Need keefer to confirm, but my understanding is that certain members are featured during certain points of the doing. For example a drum intro, Frank flashes. You hit Frank etc. Band frenzy starts when you hit the all the band members during their featured parts of the song. I’m not a “take the glass off” guy so I won’t test by cheating. Lol.

Nice. That’s a really cool rule if that’s how it works.

#3982 3 years ago

This is basically it. The featured member and "next up" featured member are in the bottom right of the song display.

Sweet rule.
Here it is in case anyone is wondering. 2 member icons shown, the big one in the bottom right is the active one to qualify band frenzy, the smaller one to the left of it is the ‘next’ member qualification. Thanks Keefer!

09A38F01-7EC4-41FE-948D-2D2B792F6CEC (resized).jpeg09A38F01-7EC4-41FE-948D-2D2B792F6CEC (resized).jpeg

It is infinitely more likely we'll see the twitter ones, but usually at least someone catches stuff reported here. This one was relayed to me this morning.

There are limits to our cruelty.

This is basically it. The featured member and "next up" featured member are in the bottom right of the song display.

There are limits to our cruelty.

ROFL!

#3985 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

What is the process for unlocking patience? I've done it once but have no idea how I did it. By the way.....I would pay up to add more songs. This is how it should be done. Let these machines keep making more money over time.....

There’s a patch that unlocks patience.

As for the other comment. The problem is that company’s will develop games with that intent prior to release, and they’ve been doing just that! Pinside and podcasts have been doing everything in their power to help pinball company’s rip us off even further, and it worked. We have a $600 topper that unlocks a mode (JP). We have a kit that unlocks lighting and artwork effects (STH). We have a freakin $1000 plastic topper (Elvira). $10 says stern has something up their sleeve for Zep - it’s probably a $1500 topper to unlock stairway to heaven or something along those lines. Do we really need DLC in pinball when they cost $6k-$10k.

We have 21 songs and one of the most beautiful (and best) pins ever developed, save the scams for stern and their 10 song zizzle-like music pins. Let’s leave the classy design intents to JJP, Spooky, and API.

#4004 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

What are you guys averaging for scores?
I think the difficult part for me to love about this game is how much pre-game work you need to put in before you start a song. When that happens naturally I love the game, when it doesn't It can be cumbersome.

Pre-game work is much more fun with the boosters. It’s awesome when you get 2,3, or all 4 boosters stacked together! I’ve gotten a 3.5 mil noise jackpot! I’m loving the booster multiballs, especially stacked.

That said, I’ve put up some 10+ mil scores without boosters or many locked balls and I’ve dropped big jackpots too! When you go into a song quick, you can still score well. If you only have one or two balls locked, pick a song that takes precision shooting like ‘You could be mine’ or ‘civil war’. Additionally, if you only have 2 or 3 balls, use the power chord rule to help add a ball into play. The key will be pressing your luck and cashing in an applause and encore at the end. Risk/reward is the name of the game.

Additionally, here’s a big tip. You can cradle and have your rockit meter at 0 as long as you have the ball saver active. So if you get into a song prematurely, trap up and go for those power chords and/or band frenzy items. Add some balls, get band frenzy, then start blowing it up.

Soooo many ways to play the game. It’s what keeps me coming back. We just need some meaningful album rules add the next layer.

#4025 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

Man this game just gets better the more I play. Has anyone else noticed some of the call outs in homage to earlier JJP pins. In one game today, as I was repeatedly pressing the action button to find the patch I wanted, Melissa says, “there’s no more gold!” From POTC. Now, that is awesome!!

That’s freakin hilarious! I haven’t heard that one yet but heard some other good ones. Melissa has some good call outs in this game.

#4042 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So got to wizard mode, hit about 8-10 shots and then it timed out. Guess what my score for the wizard mode was.

The not in this lifetime wizard mode? I didn’t even know it was coded in yet haha. The deeper modes in the game definitely need some fluff and polish from choreography to rules to sounds to scoring.

#4047 3 years ago

Approx 20-25 seconds left in the song. Rockit meter Max’s; encore can potentially bring an additional 5-30 mil points or more. What do you do? What. Do. You. Do?

7B6F75C2-0E89-485D-81B7-0C940690ECB6 (resized).jpeg7B6F75C2-0E89-485D-81B7-0C940690ECB6 (resized).jpeg
#4053 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

This is my first JJP. I was reading through the owner's manual and it doesn't really recommend any specific cleaner or wax. Safe to use Novice One and Blitz?

I read somewhere like 5 years ago that JJP recommends Wizards mist n shine. I’ve been using it since then and love it.

https://www.amazon.com/Wizards-Detailing-Showroom-Chemicals-Mist-N-Shine/dp/B002U729UA/ref=mp_s_a_1_3

#4061 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

When exactly does the right ramp diverter drop down during gameplay?
Never paid attention but mine doesn’t seem to do it.
In test coil does fire but doesn’t seem to drop completely .. can I get a pic of someone else’s in down position to compare?
In other words, any input appreciated!
[quoted image]

When the ‘Detour’ insert located right under the right ramp entrance is lit Yellow, that signals the diverter will go to the upper flipper.

Usually happens in tour modes, upper flipper shot lit for certain points in songs, and there’s plenty other times it lights as well.

4CF1C811-174D-42B7-B24F-C8A5AE229329 (resized).jpeg4CF1C811-174D-42B7-B24F-C8A5AE229329 (resized).jpeg
#4062 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Okay in case this wasn't the ticket I answered I will write this here: Playfield glass off, start new game, open coin door with ball in shooter lane. Black button enter. Then choose full menu, tests, switch tests, matrixed switch tests. This brings up the big switch grid. Look for any closed switch that should not be; ANY switch can trigger an autolaunch it does not have to be one of the sensors in the calibration. If you see nothing odd, make fist, tap playfield between lower slingshots just above the flippers. This creates vibration. Watch the boxes and listen. Some switch that is possibly just too close may trigger from the vibration.

Mine does the same thing from time to time. It awards a skill shot so I’m pretty certain it’s those roll over switches. I reseated the connectors below the playfield and that helped, but still acts weird occasionally. When I reseated the connector, I noticed someone did an oopsie with the crimping tool - I imagine that’s the reason mine acts up occasionally. My distributor is working with JJP (maybe you?) to send me a replacement whip.

B639D05B-29B8-4B58-AFB7-3CAE21E1E7CD (resized).jpegB639D05B-29B8-4B58-AFB7-3CAE21E1E7CD (resized).jpegFE7A60D8-2365-496B-A1AB-310E193460EF (resized).jpegFE7A60D8-2365-496B-A1AB-310E193460EF (resized).jpeg
#4064 3 years ago

It's Barry and me and yes I am getting you another harness.

Awesome! My distributor doomid and you guys have been great. Have a happy holiday, love the game.

#4065 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Well this problem still persists for me. Ball will auto plunge whenever it wants to. I calibrate the sensors after about two games it’s back to auto plunging again. As you can imagine this is very frustrating. You have to stay by machine because it will just too plunge on you. Gonna file a ticket with JJP at this point!

Try reseating the connections (see my post above). A few other things I’ve done which seemed to improve it is wiping down the area with microfiber cloth. Also, anytime I power it up, if it acts up it usually does it in the first game, if so I’ll go into sensor calibration right away, perform that, and usually I’m good - sometimes it’ll act up one more time after calibration on that very first game, then after that it seems good.

#4067 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thanks but as shown, my issue is with the Not In This Lifetime right ramp diverter, not the left ramp.

That’s what I was referring to. That diverter should divert the ball when the detour insert is lit. I’ll see if I can get a pic of mine in the down position later tonight.

#4075 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Lift the playfield and give all the screws and nuts a check for tightness. Had a drop target bank collapse on my Hobbit BA and looks like some diverters are coming loose and falling off on the GnR

There’s a service bulletin for the ramp diverter. Check your serial # with it and if yours is affected JJP will send you the lock washers that most the games have.

#4086 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Having watched LZ stream and a few GnR streams, I am pretty surprised that GnR LE is the game I want in 2021.
There just wasn't a wow moment for me in the LZ stream.
It'll be a good, fun game, for sure.
But GnR - starting Live and Let Die. Wow!
Hope JJP can do a few more songs in this style.

Plenty of wow moments in GNR and plenty of live and let die moments as well. But more importantly, the game is addicting as shit!

My personal experience, GNR came down to timing and the perfect storm and so thankful to be in the right spot and the right time. I was in the market for a new pin in September and put a deposit in on sterns next JP2 run. I really wanted a JJP pin but had no interest in GNR. I had two music pins at the time and was getting burnt out on music pins that play the same 10 songs for 30-45 seconds. I was dead set on not getting GNR, until they did what they did (those assholes! Haha). They did everything perfectly with this pin and it just wow’d me, this is a music pin!

Needless to say, I sold a pin and picked up both JP2 and GNRLE. GNR flippers felt very lackluster compared to my other sterns and JP2. The sterns are just snappier with more umph. Well, as many of you know, I spent nearly a week tweaking my GNR flippers - from power settings, to realigning, to trying many different types of rubbers. Well, I went to play some JP2 last night for the first time in awhile, the flippers felt like toothpicks - I was shocked. Turned the game off and went back to GNR. I’m sure I’ll give my other sterns and my other new JP2 some love again in due time, but GNR is a beast and plays so dam fun.

#4094 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Got my LE, but have a couple questions.
What causes the Duff ramp diverter to move up and down is it at random? And what do you do to unlock Patience?

It’s all situational. When there are locks available, you’ll be allowed to go to the upper playfield. Some songs don’t use the upper playfield often like live and let die and out to get me. There are some others that toggle back and forth. Sometimes there’s ramp combos in a song where it’ll be just a ramp. I think some (all?) the album modes have the diverter just be a ramp too.

#4098 3 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

What flipper adjustments do you recommend?

I should first mention I’m at 6.8 deg pitch. That said...

Take flipper rubber off and look at it from an angle to ensure it’s perfectly in line with the guide rail and maybe a fraction of a hair lower. Adjust as needed, put rubber on, test guides and returns by hand with ball. Adjust as necessary. I fiddled with guide rails too, loosening - move it up or down a hair and retighten.

I also increased power on each bottom flipper +1 notch. However, since I gave it a good wipe down, I’m tempted to put power back to factory as i have been getting some air ball - rejects off the left ramp maybe once out of 10 shots.

Lastly, I tried 5 different types of rubbers.
1. Black: this worked really well, maybe even the best, but it was hard to track the depth of the flippers with black rubber on top of black bats.
2. Red pinball life: not so good (but it’s what I used on some of my sterns and works really well).
3. Marco Red: this worked pretty good. Slightly Better than JJPs stock. Ironically, I don’t like how these work on sterns.
4. Yellow: yellow was great through the return lanes but super wild, no ball control, very bouncy. Fun for a game or two, but more annoying than anything.
5. I ended up with Titan red silicone. I Was never a fan of these kind of flipper rubbers but turns out they work really really well for GNR so that’s what I’ve been using. Time to order more as it was my only pair.

TLDR: all in all the biggest thing I did that showed the most improvement was using the titan red silicone rubbers.

#4108 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I'm Addicted to D.I. do you really feel I'll like GNR more?
Waiting on mine and will wait till it appears!

No idea.
GNR isnt much of a mode based game. It’s a rock concert that suits different styles of play. I think the code needs more work before it’s more mode-quest based. But, it has elements and potential of a quest with the all the side objectives. It just needs to be tied in altogether. For now, it’s just pure fun.

#4118 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I gotta ask. If every pinball is manufactured to be played at 6.5 degrees, why raise it?
I see that people do it often, but if there isn’t a problem, it seems raising the pitch can create some? Is it because it makes the game easier?

I don’t believe every game is designed at 6.5, I read in other owner threads that Gomez recommends 7deg for DP and Elwin 6.8 or 6.9 for JP2. In the end, it really comes down to preference. Dialing in a game can really be a moving target.

Usually when I first get a game I leave the lift in my game room and play with all sorts of pitch levels and test out each shot, return, etc...I thought someone said Eric prefers GNR at 6.5-6.7. At 6.5 the game felt a little too floaty for my liking. 6.7-6.8 is right around where I have mine (6.8 according to my digital torpedo, 6.7 according to the app). I went back and forth with both pitches for days and a few others til I found a sweet spot. I tried steeper pitches too and the shots needed more tweaking than what I wanted to deal with. It’s just where I settled in at but figured I should mention the pitch when it comes to giving dialing in advice as it absolutely plays a factor.

There are so many variables to get a game playing good which is why we always hear debates on why some people think great games suck and vice versa. Pinside debate can be a vortex for this reason. A good example of this is me playing a friends R&M and I thought the game was one of the coolest, best games ever. Then I read about how people think it’s shit because of this shot or that shot, etc...

Whether it’s easier or not is to be determined. Less pitch = more likely to drain to the out lanes, but if your tilt isn’t tight what good is that? So there’s another adjustment needed. If the pitch is steeper, ball returns occur faster which means you flip more which means there’s a quicker chance of putting the ball in danger, and the close up targets become much more dangerous. All in all that’s why pinball is so great and why good programmers put in adjustments and settings to make games easier or harder. Heck, I have lightning flippers on my IMDN.

Sorry for the long post, I’m an engineer and can dig in a little too deep at times.

#4126 3 years ago

Anyone know which switch triggers Melissa? And which keyboard insert is hers, the left or right?

1237FC4E-E888-4DD1-A3BF-4298DEABBF53 (resized).jpeg1237FC4E-E888-4DD1-A3BF-4298DEABBF53 (resized).jpeg
#4130 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

She’s the right insert - light blue.
Qualify her by rolling over the light blue keyboard key insert. Her skeleton is next to it. (see pic)
[quoted image]

Quoted from daley:

The piano key insert itself is the switch, similar to the skill shot inserts and sensors.

Thanks guys. For some reason I thought all those keys were for Dizzy, but makes much more sense now. Never noticed Melissa in the artwork haha.

#4151 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Is there a way to cancel the desert, wall, and carnage modes? I realize you need them to get to wizard mode. They just seem anticlimatic after playing a couple of badass songs. I've just been cradling up and letting them time out.

Holding the action button will unlight them.

#4229 3 years ago

This game is freakin bonkers! JJP really nailed it out of the park. I’m jumping up and down, throwing out fist pumps, spitting out the “Wooooo’s” - hashtag Adrenalin anyone? Hallelujah! Holy Shit! Where’s the Tylenol. Thank you JJP and Merry Christmas.

Oh got my GNR shirt too!

161E1288-3945-412C-AA64-ACF80B895DFE (resized).jpeg161E1288-3945-412C-AA64-ACF80B895DFE (resized).jpeg
#4251 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Could not agree more, he's one of the best! I want to watch but I also want to save discovery and secrets for myself.
Hopefully the CE will happen next month.

He really did an amazing job in capturing how good this game really is. If you have one on order, I don’t blame you not watching. But it’s definitely worth a view at some point. I learned quite a few new things, like... « Spoiler! Click to reveal. the fender patch! »

#4263 3 years ago
Quoted from Balint:

It’s like that on mine too

Same

#4264 3 years ago
Quoted from Balint:

Joined on Tuesday, but I just had to do this before the first play...
[quoted image]

How hard was removing the upper playfield and right ramp?

#4298 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Anybody else have issues with this little bastard like me? This keeps popping out.[quoted image]

Mines popped out once.

#4315 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Played the game almost for 5 hrs today
Gotta say this is my favorite now
The ball flow is great
Sound is awesome even on high
But the light show ...... freaking insane !!!!
Each song has its own version
Rocket Queen is my favorite thus far
Very , very impressed With this game
Just few ball hang ups by pop bumpers
And one second screen glitch in paradise city
Can’t wait for some fine tuning in code
More sound upgrades
Put external sub on it that just add bit extra kick
Just need something for the high tones on top[quoted image]

Nice RVD! I can’t stop playing mine either. I also get my ball stuck in that same spot at the bumpers. I’m open to suggestions on how to fix, for now I put a small piece of ball drop foam next to the post which helps and also makes it easier to nudge the ball out of there too.

#4328 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

After a couple of weeks with my GNR LE I can confidently say that this pin is an instant classic. It plays and feels like a something really fresh - the spectacle is amazing (I was expecting that, was not disappointed) but the big surprise for me is how much FUN the game flow actually turned out to be.
For the first few games I was a bit ambivalent - it seemed really busy and I could not get in the flow. I am happy to report that it all has changed with more playtime.
I think that those that dismiss it as "just a bunch of multiballs" either have never played it or have not absorbed the game's core rules. The ruleset is actually quite deliberate, random play might still be fun but to get good scores you need to know what you are doing and execute well. There are so many dependencies and layers to explore, and best of all the depth of the game reveals itself naturally as you have fun with it. It never feels like a chore, it just rewards you paying attention to what is going on and forming a strategy for play. It's one of the most entertaining risk/reward play structures I've ever experienced.
Anyhow, it is freaking fun as hell, I don't expect to get bored of it for quite some time.

Nailed it!

Quoted from cybevenom:

Good to hear as mine is floating toward Europe as we speak. Damn this is gonna be fun playing it.

The wait will be well worth it. This game redefines modern pinball - it’s in another realm.
(Disclaimer: I am still in the honeymoon but man, the JJP team cracked this one out of the park).

#4341 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, in a round about way, scoring needs to be beefed up in the modes to balance out scoring in the songs?
If this happens in future code updates, I am in!

I’m sure much more polish and code is coming. To me, getting an applause jackpot followed by encore (especially 2 in a row) is more rewarding than almost any wizard mode I’ve gotten to. That said, all the rules are in place for progression, mini wizard modes, wizard modes. It’s not a quest based game where you’re doing one mode after another, but There are MANY ways to play the game. You’re scoring in all modes are based on patches collected and how well you did in the subsequent mode.

4 booster modes, 20+ song modes, 4 album modes, tour modes + multiball, 36 patches, slash solo, wizard mode (+ I think there’s a hidden wizard mode as I saw a weird high score on the list the other day).

All in all, yes more polish is needed. But the game is more packed with code than most pins. The game is in a complete other realm compared to any other pinball. I am still shocked at how good it is. But I am still riding a honeymoon - however I’ve had JP2 for 3 weeks prior to getting my GNR and I’m just about at 4 weeks with GNR. So comparatively, I’ve honeymooned both pins the same length and GNR smokes it - it’s not even close and JP2 is an AMAZING game.

Take that for what it’s worth but Yelobird is correct, different people enjoy different aspects of pinball fun in different areas. I try to be as objective as I can in my assessments, but the bottom line is; GNR is special.

#4342 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Hell yes CE owners!! Get ready!!
[quoted image]

Hell yea! Can’t wait to see the playfield and COMA feature. But more importantly, I can’t wait for more people to experience GNR PINBALL!!!

#4349 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I might be playing the game wrong. I'm still learning and there is so much going on with this game. When I build up the booster jackpots before the songs my applause jackpots are much higher than the mid-song jackpots, especially if I get to fan frenzy.
I do cancel the album modes most of the time. Mostly because I end up draining quickly in those modes. I'm going to have to play them once I attempt to get to wizard mode.

Try to get all the album patches before doing one as it doubles your score. AVOID desert demolition (use your illusion I).

#4351 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Meh. I've had my LE for over 2 months now (#134) - I'm already bored with it.
I'm am 100% kidding - this is an incredible machine!!!!

Hah you had me for a sec. how do you like it compared to dialed in? GNR has been such a great experience it has me looking at wanting another JJP.

#4389 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Yes I think you are right. Appears to be #12 in the pop up diverter assembly. Though I can’t seem to find the flat or split washer.
[quoted image]

There was a service bulletin on that mech that my distributor sent to me. The split washer wasn’t included on a small run of games. JJP sent me a kit with the 2 screws, 2 flat washers, and 2 lock washers with instructions. Easy Peazy fix, takes a 7/64” Allen wrench.

Hit up your distributor to have JJP send you out the washers kit (or go get them at Lowe’s or Home Depot?).

#4396 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Back to https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/88#post-6046120
I have (almost) fixed the drumstick behavior, but I am unable to fix the drain from the guitar lock (left side from player point of view is SDTM), and I think the rate of drain in the right outlane on a drop from the upper playfield is abnormally high.
I share 2 slo mo video in case someone has an idea. FYI, I leveled properly my game.
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0h5n8hH4PHiPC
thanks for your help and Happy New Year !

You’re game is missing a rubber on the exit of that loop which is supposed to redirect it into the rubber just under the uppper right flipper.

6E39C576-2985-4642-9AD3-E344C646E2AA (resized).jpeg6E39C576-2985-4642-9AD3-E344C646E2AA (resized).jpeg

What did you do to fix your drum stick ramp? I occasionally have the same thing where it’ll hop over the right drumstick and ride the side cab and drumstick.

#4400 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Unfortunately I have a rubber on that post, I replaced it with a Titan's one, it's a little better but still gets too many drains in the right outlane.
BTW, what is the black pad you have in the center of your guitar ? Is it something you've added ? I dont have anything there, and the SDTM from the guitar is the most annoying problem, nothing you can do to save a good game when the ball is released from that spot
For the drumstick issue, it was mainly due to the extra steepness of my initial setup. After getting close to 6.5', the ball gets rarely between the drumstick and the cabinet.

That black pad is a small piece of drop dead ball foam - I was experimenting with it to help with the SDTM on that left ball release. Temp fix til I really investigate further.

#4406 3 years ago

I wonder if playing with the coil release speed settings would help?

#4408 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Don't have the game yet but just looking at your vid, I wonder if before bending stuff, you could try putting a small piece of mylar on the ramp support to possibly change either the rotation or deflection of that ball hitting the support. Maybe even 2 or 3 layered pieces to help deaden the ball deflection. Just spitballing ideas

That’s what I did with the drop dead ball foam as seen in my pic a few posts ago - it’s working well, but a more permanent solution would be nice.

#4456 3 years ago

Some Inspiration from Karl’s stream + tips from Hogbog in chat and...
What would you pick!?! I’m shitting bricks, Do you think I cashed out or continued?

6E69BD0E-C1D5-4853-B674-02DAB9373607 (resized).jpeg6E69BD0E-C1D5-4853-B674-02DAB9373607 (resized).jpeg
#4457 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

Today when I started a game, the 4 Vendor patches were not available. I always try to collect those first and thought it was odd that they were not in the line up. Has anyone noticed this? A few games later they were in the line up again.

I haven’t noticed. Which are the 4 vendor patches? Is that the set that lights extra ball?

#4460 3 years ago

Damn! 4 times any jackpots I've seen. What tips did you learn outside of the stream? Anything to share?

Band member patches boost that members scoring while band frenzy is active. i.e. get Slash’s hat and you’ll boost his scoring switch when band frenzy is active (at least i think that’s how it worked). I believe I had Slash, Vater (Frank), Duff, Axl, and one other - Melissa maybe? I also had the fender patch which helps considerably (hashtag Goren!!). Reality is I don’t honestly know how much the band frenzy boosting helped as I had a bit of a lucky game going into that song by collecting a lot of booster jackpots prior and a starting song level of 152 with the Gun/Rose patch for increased scoring in the Paradise City song.

As for the game, I know the song really well so knew I was at the tail end, If I could cash in an applause and encore, I could have had a 100 mil game. So i went for it! ....and.....collected! However, the freakin encore song was patience haha and my adrenalin was so pumping i was not ready to hear that song. Drained but managed to beat Thirst for Carnage for the first time and ended just shy of 100 mil at 98 mil! Wtf!!?! So close to the 100 mil club haha.

#4463 3 years ago

Appreciate the info. Lately I've been trying to settle on playing the same 3 or 4 songs so I can get really comfortable with the song/shots. This has started to help. I've also exclusively been going after the unlimited multiball patch group, which is useful but doesn't boost my song scores. I think I need to focus more on the song performance.

Vater & Duff patches will help boost general song scoring. Fender is awesome for band frenzy.

Quoted from Vino:

Working on replacing rubbers and can’t remember if this left lane post originally had a ring or not? Mines missing.
Thx for refresher!
[quoted image]

No rubber on that post.

#4470 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackpotjared:

Edit, code 1.07 installed. Will 1.08 fix this?

I believe it does.

#4484 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Getting excited.. can't wait to join club.. I debated about whether to keep my order for CE...but after studying the game more.. and Karl's stream.. should be a lot of fun and keeper.. so glad I got out of LZLE quickly..

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......!!!!

FF9E4746-616F-41C8-9205-40D6498BF618.gifFF9E4746-616F-41C8-9205-40D6498BF618.gif
#4497 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Band member patches boost that members scoring while band frenzy is active. i.e. get Slash’s hat and you’ll boost his scoring switch when band frenzy is active (at least i think that’s how it worked). I believe I had Slash, Vater (Frank), Duff, Axl, and one other - Melissa maybe? I also had the fender patch which helps considerably (hashtag Goren!!). Reality is I don’t honestly know how much the band frenzy boosting helped as I had a bit of a lucky game going into that song by collecting a lot of booster jackpots prior and a starting song level of 152 with the Gun/Rose patch for increased scoring in the Paradise City song.
As for the game, I know the song really well so knew I was at the tail end, If I could cash in an applause and encore, I could have had a 100 mil game. So i went for it! ....and.....collected! However, the freakin encore song was patience haha and my adrenalin was so pumping i was not ready to hear that song. Drained but managed to beat Thirst for Carnage for the first time and ended just shy of 100 mil at 98 mil! Wtf!!?! So close to the 100 mil club haha.

Little update and clarification. Played some more today focusing on band member patches. Doesn’t appear to increase any scoring per say, but it spots them at the beginning of the song so you can get into band frenzy faster which equates to better scores. Add the fender patch into that and you’ll be smoking.

#4523 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

It definitely changes the behavior of the left guitar lock, thanks for the tip !
To all, could you explain me or tell me where to find the strategy regarding the patches ? There are way too many and I don't know the impact of getting them.
Also, this game is f* difficult ... I consider myself as an average+ player, but the best score I could do in the last week was 11M and getting a song jackpot above 2M is a fantastic score... I must have missed something in the rules I tried to max out the 4 boosters but it's is still VERY difficult to have a decent score on this game.
What about you ?

I often have days where I barely break 10M. Heck, Karl was having a hard time on a few games himself in the streams. The game is very tough - Karl makes it look EASY.

Max’ing out the boosters and going for those 4 patches aren’t as lucrative as it sounds. However, Getting booster jackpots very much increases your song level, but going for those 4 patches (Lights, Horn Hand, Firecracker, Amp) for unlimited boosters sacrifices going for song boosting patches such as Fender, Vater, Duff Skull, song specific boosting patches, and/or band member patches. If I do 3 of the 4 boosters and dont get a jackpot, I then decide if I want to risk going for the 4 patches and do more booster multiballs or boost my levels another way - i.e. band frenzy patches, song patches, etc....EDIT: Or....Do i start a song and depend on good play to get my score high.

What kind of song levels are you starting with? Anything over 100 is great IMO, BUT that is hard to do and my song levels are rarely over 100. It all comes down to those Booster jackpots and getting 6 balls locked. Even if you start a song with 50-75 song level, you can still boost it with good play by making the necessary shots and hitting the scoop and increasing the levels all while getting band frenzy’s - those band member patches and fender patch are awesome for back to back to back band frenzy’s in a song. If you can make an encore, that’s when the scoring really can happen, but buh-bye ball savers and good luck risk/reward is heightened to a max!

Hope this helps. Oh, and here’s the patch sets if this helps. Courtesy of kermit24 :
F0257681-F382-4F37-AC50-71F39ABC18BF (resized).jpegF0257681-F382-4F37-AC50-71F39ABC18BF (resized).jpeg

#4524 3 years ago

Anyone know how to check for updates via WIFI? Eric said update was going to come out today. Maybe he meant next Monday? Lol

EDIT: never mind, found it.
Utilities > network settings > download update.

No update yet.

#4526 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I often have days where I barely break 10M. Heck, Karl was having a hard time on a few games himself in the streams. The game is very tough - Karl makes it look EASY.
Max’ing out the boosters and going for those 4 patches aren’t as lucrative as it sounds. However, Getting booster jackpots very much increases your song level, but going for those 4 patches (Lights, Horn Hand, Firecracker, Amp) for unlimited boosters sacrifices going for song boosting patches such as Fender, Vater, Duff Skull, song specific boosting patches, and/or band member patches. If I do 3 of the 4 boosters and dont get a jackpot, I then decide if I want to risk going for the 4 patches and do more booster multiballs or boost my levels another way - i.e. band frenzy patches, song patches, etc....EDIT: Or....Do i start a song and depend on good play to get my score high.
What kind of song levels are you starting with? Anything over 100 is great IMO, BUT that is hard to do and my song levels are rarely over 100. It all comes down to those Booster jackpots and getting 6 balls locked. Even if you start a song with 50-75 song level, you can still boost it with good play by making the necessary shots and hitting the scoop and increasing the levels all while getting band frenzy’s - those band member patches and fender patch are awesome for back to back to back band frenzy’s in a song. If you can make an encore, that’s when the scoring really can happen, but buh-bye ball savers and good luck risk/reward is heightened to a max!
Hope this helps. Oh, and here’s the patch sets if this helps. Courtesy of kermit24 :
[quoted image]

See posting crappy games isn’t fun or maybe it is.

1D6A0953-E518-4C57-8FF0-98E8BEB8ED27 (resized).jpeg1D6A0953-E518-4C57-8FF0-98E8BEB8ED27 (resized).jpeg

Here’s what happened this game:
I took you could be mine patch, fender, vater, and duff. I was on ball 3 with no balls locked and totally wiffed a 3-stack booster multiball. So, what do I do - start a song with crappy song level and see how I do? Or try to lock some balls first and really maximize as best as possible with those patches? I risked going for locks and got 5 balls locked, then with the ball cradled, it was either start the song at the scoop or lock ball 6 and start song. I went for the ball 6 locks, brick > drain > game over haha.

#4528 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Risk and reward is what this pin is. That’s why it’s going to be GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

Game of the century if you ask me

#4539 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Ok so this happened last night...if you can't lock 5 balls the correct way then here's another way!(: It started off as 2 balls with perfect bad timing jamming the drop hole, then each time I shot another ball up there to try and break them loose balls 3 4 and 5 just got stuck too.
This was the first time this happened in a week of play, however these other two spots also got stuck several times last night and have done so all week. At least on the pop if you wait for lost ball protocol it will kick it out, but the center guitar pick spot (and the fluke drain jam) require taking the glass off every time. This isn't a prob at home but I brought it to the pad first to dial it in before we put it in our tavern pin parlor, and on location we can't have mgr's taking the glass off frequently. I brought the pitch down to 6.5 but it just seemed worse and also threw off the trajectory of the inner loop/upper pf return so I bumped it back up a little, wondering how high ppl are pitching it or what's recommended?
I've also had two diverter spots where balls have gotten stuck, only once on the guitar lock right side pic included, but sev times in the middle of the two diverters leading down the middle lane on the bass - this one usually gives way after hitting the flippers a bunch. Not sure if there’s any recommended diverter tweaks?
Also on the left guitar lock (coil change from 3 to 4) after sev more hours of play we're getting about 2 out of 10 still sdtm which is way better than 8 of 10, but I went ahead and bumped the coil setting up to 5 and seemed good, will test it out more tonight. I guess if its still 2 out of 10 sdtm it won't seem too bad sitting next to our Ghostbusters!(:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I’ve had a ball get stuck on that little spinner thing on the guitar lock once or twice before too. I may try putting a dab of oil lube on it if it happens again.

#4570 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

This game has the best light show and sound
I’ve ever played before
And I’ve played many
Who knew Slash had such developing skills

Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah. Really hoping Eric tools some notes and observed Slashes creative process for his next pin. Lol

After all these years, Slash finally found his calling.
JJP...Slash...The Matrix...2022

#4711 3 years ago
Quoted from Headwires:

What are your thoughts on the way the headphones sound on this machine. I may be having an issue with just mine. The volume is very low even when turned all the way up using either wired or Bluetooth. And the sound is terrible. Anyone else having this issue? Or any suggestions on fixes. I don’t have this issue with any of my other JJP games. All sound great with headphones. Thanks for any help given.

I have the same exact issue. Quiet and poor quality. Pretty sure it’s not my headphones because my sterns sound great. It’s the one thing on GNR I dont like. I may ask my distributor to talk to JJP about it.

#4871 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

So the skill shot after being shot goes back to the plunger area most of the time. Should I slightly bend it backwards to fix it? What's your guys opinion?

Try loosening the nuts, angle it more towards the left > playfield exit, retighten.

#4874 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

I will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the insight.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Try loosening the nuts, angle it more towards the left > playfield exit, retighten.

No problem. And to clarify - you want it to be higher on the cab side, lower on the playfield side so it is angled down to the left towards the playfield exit (counterclockwise adjustment). I’ll try to get some pics if that doesn’t make sense.

#4911 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Makes sense now.

I may have spoke too soon. Mine went back to doing it again. May have to mess around with it some more.

#4912 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I may have spoke too soon. Mine went back to doing it again. May have to mess around with it some more.

The nut on the right on the hot rail looks to be adjustable. Could be just the thing. I just got my game working after breaking the flipper last weekend (oops); so don’t feel to motivated to break something else yet. May tweak it this weekend though.

FB27A5C9-73B3-4AAF-B2D3-8DF25CF20572 (resized).jpegFB27A5C9-73B3-4AAF-B2D3-8DF25CF20572 (resized).jpeg
#4929 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Well that sucks, the time difference here means it's doubtful I'll ever see anything live

He usually posts his replays on YouTube. There’s a couple past ones there now, but I dont think the videos with temp settings are:

https://youtube.com/user/IEPinball

#4959 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

What kind of feed are you guys getting from the guitar head ball locks? The left side often drops SDTM on mine, or just barely catches the tip of the right flipper. Are both sides supposed to feed the right flipper?

Play with the coil speed settings. I lowered mine 1 point and that seemed to help.

#4975 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

After owning this game for 2 months now, there is one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb. It's not JJP's fault - it's my nostalgia conflicting with the late tour GnR clips in this game, specifically axel. He's just not the rocker I remember - I think old school axel. The rest of the band, especially slash, look great for their age.
I kind of wish I could take DE's GnR art and call outs and merge it with this game, using old school video clips (not this new tour with new people or the aging axel). I know - impossible.
Ultimately, this game does a lot well but it also stumbles in a few areas. I keep on planning to do a proper review b/c there is so much to go over but haven't had the time yet. It's def the next chapter in interaction/lights/sound but if I wasn't a gnr fan, the weaknesses would stick out much more. It does flow better than I anticipated but when I look next to my pirates, I can't help but to think if Eric had the old school JJP budget, what else would be in here. More to come but if you're an active kaneda listener, temp your expectations on this one b/c the hype train doesn't fully deliver (and no, the CE doesn't change this at all - in fact you have to be out of your mind to spend more than 15k on that). GnR fans should enjoy it though.

I’ve had mine for a month and a half and it just keeps getting better. Different patch strategies, the detail on the guitar locks, mechs, art, is bar none. That feeling when you hit an applause jackpot and go into encore, and coincidentally that feeling of missing a 30mil applause jackpot - yea that happened last night, frantically trying to hit the scoop with two balls and ultimately missing! Drumstick ramps, cymbals jets, there’s just so much detail. The flow and shots come together really well. Call outs, sound effects fit the game really well. The custom guitar licks are awesome - there’s a super cool guitar lick super jackpot in the game that gets me every time. Not gonna spoil it but love it.

Negatives for me: no sound effect on the ball lock gate switch, code needs more polish, and I don’t like playing my other games anymore. GNR is next level.

#4995 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

My right guitar lock keeps going up and down all of the sudden. Anyone have this issue?

Mine did this. Look under the hood. The bolt under the coil was super loose on mine. Unfortunately, the coil sleeve was shot as well because of it. JJP sent me out a few new sleeves, springs, and a coil. But Mr KED (Karl) had my back and dropped a couple sleeves off at my house. That seemed to be my fix.

It’s not too bad taking the mech apart either, pretty easy actually, just unplug the connector - 3 screws holding it in and voila.

#4999 3 years ago

Man, GNR has been absolutely kicking my ass today. I’ve had many games where I couldn’t even start a song - I may be getting too greedy and trying to get too many patches. Cherish those applause JPs and encores when you get them people!

#5016 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Man, GNR has been absolutely kicking my ass today. I’ve had many games where I couldn’t even start a song - I may be getting too greedy and trying to get too many patches. Cherish those applause JPs and encores when you get them people!

Well shit, finally a break thru game tonight...or so I thought. Got all the patches I wanted to go into paradise city. Got the song jackpot to 66 mil, only about 20-30 seconds left in the song, and you guesssed it - drain! Lost it all! Someone just kick me in the nuts and call it a night.

#5028 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Is there a definitive fix for the ball travel being interrupted between the inlanes and the flippers? Someone should key post that if there is. Man is that annoying! You anticipate the ball moving at the same speed down the flipper and BANG, it slows to a halt once it hits the flipper. This is my today's project to remedy
Other than that and a quick sensor calibration via the in-game service menu my CE has been issue free out of the box! This is a great sign from JJP! Congrats to the whole team!

The flipper flow is a serious problem in my opinion and the biggest annoyance. That said, two things to fix it:
1. Replace the factory rubbers. Try different kinds to suit your fit.
2. Realign the flippers so they are parallel with the inlane guides. I talked to Karl briefly about it and if you notice in his streams, his are adjusted this way and his flipper flow is outstanding. Tip: careful not to overtighten the nut - I did this and snapped the bolt JJP sent me a replacement and I ordered a few extra along with sleeves and coil stops at PBL.

Side note: I am nearing 500 plays in approx 6 weeks. Just a tad under 100 plays/wk haha.

#5032 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Any tips on how to keep the ball from going SDTM from the plunger? That is the most annoying thing for me at the moment.

Try adjusting the gate that deflects it into play. The nut on the right is on a guide and easily adjustable. I brought mine down a bit so it is more perpendicular to the lane to help slow down the pace of the ball and that seemed to help. I may need to play a little bit more with it as I still get it every once in awhile.

I’m at a 6.8 pitch.

B1A02AC1-1E3F-4DC4-BF7F-75758D17F701 (resized).jpegB1A02AC1-1E3F-4DC4-BF7F-75758D17F701 (resized).jpeg

#5038 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I will show pics and whatever anyone needs. Hopefully I have the correct topper cables. My corner is ready. Dolly ready for R&L.

We’re waiting...

414E3683-3DCC-48C3-AA5C-388872A13034.gif414E3683-3DCC-48C3-AA5C-388872A13034.gif
#5039 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

When you guys power up your game, do the lights all come on instantly for a few moments before shutting off for the boot sequence? Mine does this, including the hotrails, and it seems unusual.

I don’t know. I usually flip the power switch then go make dinner, bathe the kids, paint the house, and come back later to see if it’s done powering up.

#5078 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

no one else finds this kind of clunky?

When I played GNR on location, I had a hard time finding that loop shot, let alone get any kind of loop succession. Now that it’s home, I’m looping all day, sometimes 5 or even 6 loops in a row.

That said, it isn’t the most ‘flowy’ loop shot, and can be clunky at times. Reminds me more of R&M loop shot rather than something smoother like IMDN.

The ball whips around fast. So sometimes the ball gets a big jump as it exits and this is what can cause the clunk. It hasn’t bothered me so much, I’ve thought about reducing the flipper strength, but if anyone’s done any tweaks to help it I’m all ears.

#5086 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Looping isn't something that is really rewarded in code, so other than it being fun, there isn't a strategic reason to do it. Qualifying Tour Multiball is currently the "major" benefit. Having the orbit shots reach the flipper is far more important.

Agreed. I think these are the biggest incentives for consecutive upper loop shots:

+ progress towards tour mb
+ civil war (song mode)
+ tear down the wall (album mode)
+ Coma multiball looping the super JP (this is my favorite, but so hard to do and set up).
+ there is one, maybe two, other songs that reward consecutive loop progression.

Wishlist items for the upper flipper consecutive loops:
+ AMP booster multiball: one loop = jackpot, 2 loops = double JP, 3 loops = triple JP, 4 loops = quadruple JP. Right now I believe the upper loop shot scores a double jackpot rather than a single for the other lit jackpot shots.
+ add consecutive upper loop rules to one or two of the tour mini modes
+ perhaps anytime you do 3 consecutive loops, it boosts your album levels +1 and gives a nifty sound effect? Maybe that could be part of a new tour mini mode.

#5118 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone have the definitive adjustment for the drumstick ramp to make sure the ball doesn't hop off the end and not go down the catwalk due to it riding the side of the machine and right stick versus center of the sticks?

Curious about this too as mine does it from time to time.

#5119 3 years ago

We specifically chose not to honor this because it is very specifically tied to the timing of the songs/video. So Applause and Slash Solo won't change in this regard, because they are synced up to external events (the song). Think of it as part of the charm (damn, should've cashed out when I had the chance!). Encore is still a good reward because you don't have to requalify the song.
However, we probably WILL put in the ability to cancel jet action by holding the flippers, but that's not in there yet. And it will most likely only work during times that really require it, like Applause and Slash Solo.

I love this feature in WOZ. Sounds like a perfect place to add it in GNR as well.

Side note: does anyone know if the 1.11 code CE’s are being shipped with is different than the 1.08 code on the LE? Or is it just the CE light show and Coma lock integration?

#5148 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Any chance single song mini gampley, or something similar will be incorporated in future codes? Would be fun for single somg competition among mates. Who can get biggest score, unlimited balls

Mini Mode Challenges would be awesome:
• Slash Solo Challenge
• Album Challenge (pick 1 of the 4 album modes) - Album level defaults at 10.
• Song Mode Challenge (pick any song) - Song Level Defaults to 25. Ball Saver 30 Secs. Balls in Play 4.
• Tour Speed Run: All modes/patches/features disabled except for tour. Speed run to qualify Tour Multiball.
• Coma Speed Run: Speed run to qualify coma multiball - i.e. 100 switches + 2 shots.

#5156 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Has anyone tried to play each other using scorbit .

Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. It's pretty fun, but a manual process if you want to play at the same time, as you need to text the other person and coordinate when you press start. I just put their scoreboard on my phone and set it on the game.

Yea Kermit and I did this once. It was actually pretty fun. It would show live scores and show you if your opponent was in a mode or song and such.

The only downfalls with it is it doesn’t work like that in the app, so you have to use a browser. And setting it up is clunky as hell, Kermit set up our game, I have no idea how to set up one using the browser with another person.

The scorbit app is pretty much for recording your score, then you can challenge someone to beat it and they get one chance to do so. It’s pretty cool, but I really haven’t used it since the first week of setting it up. It’s overall too clunky and I just want to play pinball haha.

#5159 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I was tinkering around with the inner loop shot to try to get it more consistent. My issue was always with the ball exiting the loop ramp by the AXL lanes and taking odd bounces and hitting into stuff.
I found the ball was actually striking the post by the loop exit ramp. This could be mitigated in two ways - either bending the exit ramp upwards so the ball travels over it, or by bending the ball guide by the loop exit down slightly towards the player so the ball rolls around the post. I chose the latter as I didn't want the ball flying any higher up there. Happy to report this adjustment seems to have solved my issue. Going to continue to test it with a larger sample size, but looks promising![quoted image][quoted image]

Nice find! I may take a look at mine this weekend to see if I can improve it, but it works pretty darn good as is - just happens once in awhile.

Did you actually bend the guide? It looks like a pretty far adjustment (for a ball guide). Or is there an adjustment screw you loosened and then adjusted?

#5207 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What are a couple of cool places where it’s used? Thanks

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Would you guys recommend a shaker for the SE? I don’t want it to drown the music.

You Could Be Mine. ‘Nuff said.

#5238 3 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

When I'm going for a patch I sometimes lose a letter. I'll have a G and an R, then the R dissappears. Does anyone know why???

There’s 3 lanes total. AMP (far left), GNR (inner left), and JAM (right lane). The lights for the lanes can toggle between all 3 lanes and is controlled with the flipper buttons. It takes some getting used to, but once you get it down, it’s pretty fun to setup the lane you want to complete. Hope that makes sense.

#5261 3 years ago

Haven’t downloaded yet. Is there a readme file on the update?

#5285 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

When you pull the update up via wifi on your machine, the change log displays on the screen. Looks to mainly be added light effects for the undercab and backbox LEDs on the CE and some bug fixes.

Quoted from highdef:

[quoted image]

Thanks. I’ll take a look when I get time to update mine. I was more curious on 1.09, 1.10, and 1.11 patch notes as prior to that, we were on 1.08.

#5289 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

The change log has all the previous update notes as well. Honestly all the updates from 1.09 to 1.12 contain the same stuff it looks like, code for the additional CE lights and bug fixes

Cool thanks! So no desert demolition yet

#5327 3 years ago

WiFi update went smooth as butter, dig it!

#5375 3 years ago

Tech Question: I Need to raise my slash spin disk a hair. Is there an easy adjustment for that? Is it just tightening the screw underneath?

7E86CB16-B53A-4A5A-81BB-91E0ABCF0ECE (resized).jpeg7E86CB16-B53A-4A5A-81BB-91E0ABCF0ECE (resized).jpeg
#5403 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok, thanks. I was hoping it would stay available for future games. Too bad one of the best songs is not readily available.

It’s easy to unlock and I like how it’s incorporated in the rules that way. Makes it special, unique, and fun to go for when you want it. Unlocking it forever would be

#5415 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The scoring is out of balance right now in my opinion. Some long-playing songs score next to nothing while one song of the same length scores literally 20x a previous one. I realize the booster multiballs pump scoring (in a non-obvious way), number of balls locked perhaps affects scoring, and some patches affect the scores in song modes (how much?) but it still seems way out of balance to me. Maybe certain songs inherently score more than others? I've had what felt like great songs score 1 million and others that felt no different score 20 million, mostly just by flailing with 6 balls in play, continually autoplunging to dribble down the right sling. Point is, while it's clear a player needs to pump up the booster modes before starting a song, it's not clear how the score of any given song will be affected. It's also not clear what affect changing the song has on scoring.
Also, why are we forced to play Desert Demolition without code and risk a ball in single ball play? Maybe just award 3 million or something until the mode is programmed?
The lights, feel, look, asset use, cosmetic touches (lighted guitar pick spinners, guitar lock, bass "strings", drum sticks) of this game are great. The code needs more love still though. Most JJP games suffer from the "flail in multiball for all your points" syndrome. Dialed In doesn't, but the others do. Right now, so does GNR. Still, I feel it's JJP's best game to date and I'm glad to own it. I hope the scoring gets reworked a bit though. And for the literally dozens upon dozens of autoplunges per game, I wish the shooter lane fed differently.

Give it some time and learn more of the rules. There’s 3 primary things you can do in a song to pump scoring:

1. Hit song shots and advance the level by hitting the scoop when it’s green.

2. Collect band members that are lit/flashing on the revolver insert and/or bottom right corner display. Get them all for band frenzy to really boost that jackpot.

3. Power chord. Use it for points and/or to add a ball when you really need it.

Also, if you get the fender patch and band member patches, it’ll vastly improve #2 above.

Booster multiball jackpots and # of balls locked prior to starting a song will also increase your starting song level which equals more points.

Once you start getting a feel of each songs rules. The flail fest drops down considerably and precision becomes the key for big jackpots.

After that, it all comes down to risk/reward. Keep pushing that jackpot limit and see how high you can get it before cashing out. Or, push to the end for an applause jackpot.

The only thing that feels out of whack scoring wise to me are the album modes and slash solo. Too much risk, not enough reward. And desert demolition = LOL (good thing live and let die is <3 mins long so DD isn’t lit too often haha). Beating an album should give some kind of booster, like light song and a victory multiball to give you a chance to lock some balls and play some boosters or something.

#5434 3 years ago

Anyone know how to set the date and time? I set it for America > Los Angeles and it thinks it’s 8:20am. Set it manually and it ignores the manual and picks some other random time. Weird.

It’s 6:20pm LA time when I took this pic.

8E18619D-23C4-4D03-B4B1-7FBB43178AFE (resized).jpeg8E18619D-23C4-4D03-B4B1-7FBB43178AFE (resized).jpeg
#5435 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyone know how to set the date and time? I set it for America > Los Angeles and it thinks it’s 8:20am. Set it manually and it ignores the manual and picks some other random time. Weird.
It’s 6:20pm LA time when I took this pic.[quoted image]

After about 20 tries, “network provided” somehow popped up, which I’ve gotten to show before, but this time I knew the buttons and got it to save correctly.

#5441 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone else have the spinning record lower on the playfield so the ball gets stuck? I tightened the white plastic nut under neigh the playfield and that seemed to fix the level problem. The top screw seemed very tight. Hopefully the white plastic nut doesn't keep getting loose with game play. Thanks.

I just started having this issue after a couple months of ownership. It only happens once or twice in a dozen or so games so i havent dug into too deep yet, but I asked about it i think on the previous page of this thread and Lloyd said to loosen the white plastic, tighten screw some, then tighten the white plastic. Sounds like that’s what you did? I havent played with mine yet.

#5458 3 years ago
Quoted from Austiniv:

Hey y'all. I'm enjoying my LE but MAN it can be frustrating! that's part of the fun though. My biggest issue is the skill shot. At times when I feel I hit the spot perfectly I'll get a "Lame" or maybe a "Good" but then often when I feel it's a bit off I get the "Super". Anyone else feeling this? Anything I'm missing or can correct? Otherwise I've started to learn the game and rules more and more but man, that skill shot.....also hate how it can drop right down the middle so often but glad they will give you multiple ball saves because of this.

The entrance gate at the skill shot is easily adjustable. Mainly, the 2 nuts to the right and left of it. The right one is on a guide which allows good adjustment.

As for the switches, test it in the switch matrix and make sure each one is registering properly. Otherwise, flip on.

#5459 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

I played with headphones for the first time. It was muc easer to hear the different call out, instruments, and different sounds. Does using external speakers have a similar superior sound to the headphones? In other words, are external speakers worth it?

Subwoofer is a must IMO. Really adds depth of the bass, drums, and mid range.

#5512 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I totally love this game. It’s incredible. But am I alone in thinking that this game is a drain monster and insanely hard to keep the ball in play? Like a lot more than most games? I’m at 7 degrees pitch. Maybe that’s the issue, maybe I just suck. But this thing crushes me daily. If I was pumping dollar bills into it I would be totally pissed and avoid this thing like the plague on location, lol. Constant drains SDTM as well as slingshots firing the ball to outlanes, etc. It’s so good when you have a good game, but wow, I feel like I have 10 crap games for every decent one...play better, I know.

It can be an ass kicker. A lot of people think this is a multiball heavy game, but I truly believe they just don’t get it. The game is tough. The multiballs give you a sense of high energy and fun. when you drain down to one ball, the Adrenalin shifts to intense risk/reward management. There are so many highs in the game, and if you drain or lose it all - I still have a smile on my face because of the energy level throughout the whole process.

All in all, it’s a tough game, but getting zoned in can really push the envelope of energy and Adrenalin.

Quoted from Bmanpin:

I feel your pain. Maybe it’s because I’m a noob who knows but that’s why I love Pinball. You can walk up to it and have your ass kicked in a few minutes or play for 15 minutes that’s the beauty of pinball and why I like it...every game is different.

Nailed it.

#5588 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Anyone have advice on SDTM from the left guitar neck release?

I played with the coil release speed in settings. Believe I brought that one down a notch whereas my right one I think I increased it a notch.

#5589 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

For new orders or people who had a deposit in already?

Should be for new orders only.

From what I’ve heard, they sold enough games to keep the line busy to the end of summer / beginning of fall. Price bump makes sense to keep supply/demand in check. Now If they pulled a stern and said, too bad so sad - price bumps for everyone whether you’re order is in or not; that would be a complete different story IMO. But that is not the case here.

#5633 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I hope someone can come up with a solution for the ubiquitously problematic ball hang-up on the lower right pop bumper. Seems like many have this issue where the ball just gets stuck on the right side of that pop between it and the post and rail. I had a song jackpot(where I was down to single ball play) worth 20mil and the ball gets stuck there. No tilt warnings left and no time for ball search to break it free since I was abut 10 seconds away from applause jackpot. Entire jackpot lost. I’ve been accepting this hang-up for months but when that happened during a huge jackpot I was so bummed, lol! Someone suggested taking off the rubber ring on the post, which I did. Didn’t help unfortunately. I even tried to make that pop bumper more sensitive. Didn’t help. I think it’s just the layout of that area. It’s a natural spot for the ball to rest. I need to do something to mitigate that. Maybe cut a small piece of foam and wrap a rubber band to it and the post? Open to ideas. Even better if JJP has a fix in mind.

Strategically placed piece of drop dead ball foam on the pop skirt fixed the issue 100% for me. I’ll probably look for something more permanent if the foam ever comes off, but I’ve been running with it for about a month.

BAF28BA9-CB09-4F4E-924A-7B1912073EEA (resized).jpegBAF28BA9-CB09-4F4E-924A-7B1912073EEA (resized).jpeg
#5655 3 years ago

Don't cry reset bug has been confirmed on the SE and a fix is in the works for the next software update.

I believe there’s a reset bug with the LE, I haven’t tried to duplicate it yet. But if you hold both flippers in and hit the action button to before a song starts (to bring up the song selection) game will reset. Found this out when friend came over to play for first time, and his very first game as he was hitting flippers I reached over to hit the action button for him and boom reset. First time ever saw that.

#5693 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I disagree with Evans out of bounds there. In Madden I would have hit "O" to do a spin move. I would have scored there.
Wrong thread, my bad.

I’ll piggy back off that; what are the chances Guns n Roses plays a halftime show at the super bowl? Hopefully in my lifetime

#5695 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I would be looking forward to halftime more then the weekend!
At least last year we had Shakira shaking that fine ass

Trust me, I’m peeking in at my backup plan for this years halftime!

157A434E-6591-4BB2-80A7-C1413D95D60A (resized).jpeg157A434E-6591-4BB2-80A7-C1413D95D60A (resized).jpeg
#5766 3 years ago

==============================================================================
== Version 01.13 February 10, 2021 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: 1b89e578009834c9304861ab4c712988 ==

- note: this is a "full" install release

=== Game Code
+ improved scorbit integration. added QR Code popup that allows players
to scan from the Scorbit app and go directly to the current game session,
choosing player 1 if it's not already been claimed
+ added extra adjustments for adult content to allow that allows for seperate
control over the song, video, and callouts
* fixed bug in Don't Cry song mode that caused game to crash on SE games
* improved handling of launching balls while other balls are present in the
Skill Shot lane
+ added an adjustment for Ball Plunge Save Limit. the range is 1-9, unlimited,
and the default is 3. this is the number of times in-a-row the game will
save the ball (regardless of ballsaver state) when a ball is plunged
directly into the outhole
* fixed bug that caused game to crash if Coma qualifying was set higher than 5
* fixed bug in Power Chord that caused game to crash
* reduced the upper right flipper coil strength default and max
* fixed bug that caused Coma to not work properly after taking a song
jackpot with the ballsaver still active
* various other bug fixes and improvements

=== Core Code
* added ability to instantly recalculate replay value
* improved Bluetooth connection handling
* tweaked sensor test to not need the action button
* sped up sensor autocalibration a bit
+ added network name to WiFi connection-failed screen to aid in
troubleshooting

#5794 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Very interesting post on the POTC owners thread; states that JJP has 3000 GnRs back-ordered. This from Jack himself (supposedly). I had heard rumors that JJP sold around 3500 GnRs to date, and if there are 3000 in the queue, then 3500 in total sounds about right.

They’ve made well over 500 games since release.

#5861 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What a great F ing pinball experience

It’s freaking awesome! This is Me, getting pumped and ready for a song mode.

10581109-1157-4F15-ADF8-3C98D451659E.gif10581109-1157-4F15-ADF8-3C98D451659E.gif
#5896 3 years ago

Looking for some tech help:

Magnet just stopped working. Anyone know where to start looking? I checked underneath and connections seem good. Maybe a fuse?

EDIT: doesn’t seem to be the fuse as that fuse is tied into the upper right flipper and ramp diverter, both of which are working.

#5915 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Yes. There is a resistor taped (literally) to the magnet coil that fails. You can bypass it (remove the resistor from the coil) and/or contact JJP for a replacement.

Thanks. Sounds like JJP (Steve) works saturdays and already working on sending me out a new one.

#5923 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Yes. There is a resistor taped (literally) to the magnet coil that fails. You can bypass it (remove the resistor from the coil) and/or contact JJP for a replacement.

Where exactly is this resistor? Is it under the paper?

556A6CE9-C0EA-482F-928B-83B7D74C7350 (resized).jpeg556A6CE9-C0EA-482F-928B-83B7D74C7350 (resized).jpeg
#5930 3 years ago

Probably best to just wait for what replacement JJP sends me. Best not to make things worse. It’s not too game changing of a magnet, and might get me to play my other games for once

#5943 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is the shaker meant to register on the Richter scale? Feels like it’s going to bring the house down. I can’t seem to find any shaker intensity settings in the menu.

There is a setting but it just reduces how often the shaker goes off, not the intensity. I tuned it down but it ruined the ‘you could be mine’ song effect so turned it back. But, for someone who hates shakers as much as keefer does, you’d think it would be more subtle. Ah well, I’m used to it now, just turn the volume up haha.

#5992 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Lift the playfield and examine the flipper mechs.
There may be a loose or fallen coil stop. Look for black hex screws and lock washers in the bottom of the cabinet to reattach if so.

Yea, I’m thinking coil stops too if the flipper isn’t holding

Quoted from punkin:

The other side is different, it only has two bits. this side has 4 or 5 bits. But the gaps and stuff look the same to me each time i adjust it. i can't tell the difference.
I really would like to replace them with better switches that don't bend and have a proper contact pad though. I don't want to be pulling the playfield up 5 times a day.

Here’s a few pics of mine. Hopefully this helps. Did you check your coil stops to see if they’re loose? Also check all the screws around the flipper coil housing to make sure nothings loose there either.

1F7427F7-C620-475B-B035-F4ED4579C906 (resized).jpeg1F7427F7-C620-475B-B035-F4ED4579C906 (resized).jpeg4C2CF554-DD2B-4347-995A-258C9ED780BC (resized).jpeg4C2CF554-DD2B-4347-995A-258C9ED780BC (resized).jpeg4D18FB31-C76F-41EB-B0FE-2C428A1D0512 (resized).jpeg4D18FB31-C76F-41EB-B0FE-2C428A1D0512 (resized).jpeg89EA2885-7756-40A7-A670-CB43F854EEF7 (resized).jpeg89EA2885-7756-40A7-A670-CB43F854EEF7 (resized).jpeg
#6007 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Any idea on how to make the left loop on the lower flipper shot and upper flipper shot smoother?

6.8 pitch +1 power boost to the lower flipper strength. They lowered the default flipper strength considerably, I had to raise mine back to the old default. Was 18 before? I forget. But it was 6 ticks or so higher than the new.

#6018 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The pitch is good. The power is good. It just seems to get caught up or stopped half way for some reason. I have a few friends with the same issue.

Halfway on the left loop or halfway on the inner upper loop? I haven’t seen hang ups on the left loop. But the exit of the inner upper loop has a post in an awkward position that can deflect the ball. Not a real problem on my machine, but someone in this thread moved the guide to adjust for a smoother inner loop shot.

Not sure if this helps, just pushing out ideas.

#6019 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I always run JJPs with the top of the bubble at the second line from the bottom, per the manual.

I’m same, 2nd line from bottom. Been toying with the ideas of increasing it up a little more. I love the way Karl’s machine plays on streams, I just want to be careful not to ruin any of the combo flows. I’ll report back if/when I test different pitches.

#6021 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

What pitch was Karl at during his stream?

I don’t remember. I asked him in his stream but I got c*ck blocked by my 3 yo so didn’t hear what he said. I think 3rd line? I’ll try to find out.

I know when I spent my first two weeks dialing in the game I tried steeper pitches and remember losing some of the shots and combos. But now that I’ve played around with flipper adjustments, I’m curious to try steeper pitch again.

#6034 3 years ago

It IS an intensity adjustment, but it is conceivable that certain times the shaker motor is requested at more subtle levels wind up not being able to move the shaker motor much at all, resulting in what would seem like no shaker effects. Will have to look into it more.
And while I do hate their ubiquity, I'm not going to deny people that like them and paid for them their due. Besides, I am part of a team of people that implemented shaker during songs and other modes and I don't rule with an iron fist; everyone puts in what they think is appropriate.

Thanks Keefer! And thanks for clarifying, that is good to hear. For what it’s worth, the ‘you could be mine’ shaker effects are awesome.

#6036 3 years ago

There is around 0.25s lag when using BT compared to realtime that will likely never be overcome. Keeping video sync'd when using bt loudspeakers we honestly haven't discussed yet. That would take some doing.

Yea, I have a Bose sound bar on my TV and when it’s hooked up direct with a wire, it’s synced perfect. If you connect with BT, it has noticeable lag which is very annoying. This is a Bluetooth issue, not sure what JJP could do to rectify it.

#6172 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Gnr is in the house. Did anyone change the sound settings on theirs? Seems like call outs are super loud and music is quiet
[quoted image]

Agreed. And I did change mine. I’ll share when I get home.

#6177 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Gnr is in the house. Did anyone change the sound settings on theirs? Seems like call outs are super loud and music is quiet
[quoted image]

Here’s mine:
Music mix: 75 (default)
Speech mix: 70
Fanfare mix: 70

#6185 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Question, is the new code update worthwhile? I'm on the original version 1.08 and I understand that the latest is V1.14. This is my first Jersey Jack pinball and it seems that updating the code is not easy. I was told that because the pin was logged into my WiFi that code updates will load automatically, but that has not been the case. Conversely, using an USB stick seems tricky at best and complicated by the fact that I have a Mac computer so the download tool is different. I tried to download the "unebutin" tool for my Mac, but I can't open it up, same with "Rufus." If the new code is worthwhile I will continue to try; otherwise, I will just skip it. How about trying to do it via the WiFi instead of using an USA stick?, is one method better than the other?
I firmly believe not to fix something that is not broken.

Updating over WiFi is super easy. Like others said, just leave the coin door open while doing it.

Side note: little things like WiFi update, and the ball hold mech when lifting the pf...you don’t realize how much those little things help I really like it.

#6191 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Serious question: How many lights is enough? Someone actually mentioned using Pinstadiums in addition to the hotrails. I guess adding stuff (more lights, toppers, toppers with speakers, dolls, stickers, subwoofers, etc.) just to add stuff becomes a big part of the hobby for many people. I'm surprised how many people focus on this stuff rather than gameplay.
Anyway, anyone else having the thermal fuse on the magnet fail (causing the magnet not to work)? Can't believe I'd be the only one as it happened twice on my machine already in a couple hundred plays. It's very noticeable as the top lanes become very difficult to collect, making extra balls near impossible and songs requiring top lanes to be hard to advance. I wish they would have used a gate up there instead of this problematic magnet.

Yes. Has failed on a few of us. Someone mentioned bypassing the resistor. I haven’t personally tried it yet but it’s a keyed post.

I’m waiting on a replacement from JJP currently before I try this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/118#post-6133480

#6198 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

So it's actually a thermal fuse (I mistakenly thought it was a resistor originally because I've never seen a coil that is thermal fused), so a lower power coil won't help. They must have fused the coil in case it gets too hot through overuse. Mine blew twice on play sessions that were only a game or two so either the coil is under-fused (design flaw), over-used via software (bad code somewhere), or they have bad fuses. Hopefully they find the root cause soon.
I bypassed the fuse after my first one went, and it was working fine. When the new coil arrived, I put that in, only for it to fail again within a few games. My gut feeling is it's locking on too long during a certain song mode that is played long (or some other game situation that doesn't happen every game).

Thanks for the info. So you bypassed it with no issues? I wonder if you can dial down the magnet in software settings if that would help? I’m not near my hame atm, but if there’s a setting for it, I may try it when my replacement comes in. Speaking of which, what is the replacement? Is it a whole new coil? And how’s the swap, just resolder the new coil ?

#6219 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Yeah, I figured people were missing this maybe (the magnet not working). It's a problem for collecting extra balls, or Axl lanes, because there is no gate up there.

You can still get an extra ball without the magnet.

#6225 3 years ago

Just had a reset during thirst for carnage. Hit Left ramp to light the shot. Think I did a right loop into right target for energy boost. Then I think I missed the left ramp and on a slap save hit the scoop > reset.

#6236 3 years ago

Regarding album modes:

I think what’s missing is the dangling carrot. Not necessarily more points, but a reward for completing the album mode to help progression in the rest of the game; i.e. completing automatically lights the next song, or awards 3 patches, or adds ball saver to the next album mode played. Something like that.

#6257 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

eskaybee where is this setting? I couldn’t find it either.

I’ll check next time I’m at my game, but if memory serves, it should be in the coil settings.

#6262 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Where is the plunge supposed to settle on the playfield? I checked all angles but mine still goes SDTM a fair amount. I can try adjusting the gate as others have mentioned but want to understand where it is supposed to go first.

Should land on the right flipper. Play with the nut that’s on the right rail, it has a lot of movement. New coded added a feature to give your ball back if it goes sdtm, so that it is good.

#6263 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

eskaybee where is this setting? I couldn’t find it either.

Just confirmed. Settings > coil settings > general > maximum shaker strength.

Setting it on low though really takes away the ‘you could be mine’ vibe.

#6290 3 years ago

And all this time I was hoping they’d add more patches. i.e. ways to get through an album mode faster (more damage, increase ball saver, etc...).

#6327 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Joined the dead magnet club.
Working with Ken at JJP Support who is great as always. But I’m curious: for those who have come before me, what was the fix?
I’m not getting any voltage across the coil during test. Fuses F706 and 701 are fine (and - the other coils in the circuit are working fine...upper right flipper and diverter).

There’s an inline thermal fuse attached to the magnet coil. That’s the one blowing. Fix is a new coil, JJP should send you one. I’m still waiting for mine.

It does seem possible there’s an oopsy somewhere in the code that keeps that magnet on when it shouldn’t be, probably during a song when AXL is lit for frenzy and/or lanes are needed.

#6367 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I wonder if JJP will ever get their flippers right....I really hope so. When they were founded, they were proud of the fact they were using Williams mechs to bring back that 90s Williams feel, and it isn't even close, even when they aren't over-heated.

Agreed. But to be fair, I do almost prefer the flippers on my GNR now vs my sterns. If you look at sterns, they droop way low below the guides, and GNR they are higher than the guides. Once I brought mine down to parallel, it was much better. I’m tempted to drop them lower to more match sterns but happy where they’re at. And I don’t notice the flipper fatigue like others.

#6368 3 years ago

I was just talking to a friend that is interested in GNR, and thought I’d share my comment in this thread in hopes that the JJP team is aware of the rules issues surrounding things like album modes and slash solo:

3 of the 4 album modes are pretty fun and unique. But yea, there’s no real incentive to play them unless you’re going for the wizard mode.

To add to this; I think what is needed is a reward for completing those album modes (and slash solo), not just points, but a reward to make you feel like you achieved something. A reason to play it.

#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Wow, hopefully JJP gets the flippers fixed before/during the next run of LEs

What’s wrong with the flippers? If you’re talking about the design, that’s not changing as far as I know. Few things you can do to improve:
• replace factory rubber
• increase power
• realign them to be parallel with lane guide
• drop them down like stern
• increase pitch to 6.8-7 deg.

#6463 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Two things,
Can someone explain what Band Frenzy is? When Melissa calls it out I have no idea what to do to take advantage of it.
My diverter sometimes blocks my ramp shots and it also seems to be tearing a chunk out of the ramp at the back.
Anyone have solves for this?

Band frenzy is a switch frenzy that happens when you collect all the band members during a song. Bottom right corner of the display shows which band member is active to collect; their respective insert in front of the flippers will be flashing as well.

As for the ramp diverter. Mine was a little like that too. It was so long ago I forgot what I did. Maybe adjust and relighted a nearby nut? I honestly forgot. Sorry.

#6470 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Take the first extra ball by cashing out and go for deeper songs/more points on the next song. Later in the game, songs seem to be worth more anyway. So why not take the extra ball (especially if your magnet works so you can easily collect it) and then re-qualify another song?

Does it give an extra ball or light the extra ball? Good strategy though may have to give it a try.

#6473 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Lights extra ball, so it helps if your magnet works.

Don’t need magnet to get an extra ball. Just the middle lane switch. The magnet is a cool effect though.

#6533 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I searched for this answer but didn't find it anywhere:
-- Are there going to be changes to the rules in a future update?
-- Or a way to decrease multiballs in the settings?
Something like this?

There’s all sorts of adjustments to reduce multiball, ball savers, etc... but have you played the game much? you really won’t want to do this unless you are playing tournament or competitions.

#6567 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Posted in the CE Thread. Sharing here.
I just posted my review on this machine last night. I'm admittedly in the Honeymoon phase with this game, so time will tell if the love in fades!
First of all, the ratings are all subjective, but the way people try to manipulate them is just sad and stupid. A perfect 10 for ANY machine is as stupid as a rating of 2 for this particular machine. This game is BONKERS. I'm thinking it's definitely one of the best pins ever made... But it's not a perfect 10. I think my rating worked out to a 9.3 ish. Lighting and Animations got perfect 10s for me, as did layout and rules... But there is literally NOT a toy in the game. How can you give that a 10?? Point being, I DON'T CARE that it doesn't have a goofy pinball toy... The rest of the package MORE THAN makes up for that. Would it be BETTER with a toy?! I don't know. It's almost perfect as is.
I was a JJGnR Naysayer at the outset. I was saying things like, "Well, it's definitely an impressive piece of hardware... but will it be any fun to play?!", Or "Sure, it's full of assets, but all of those assets are Guns and Roses... So, if you don't like the band, who cares?!"
I've never been so happy to be wrong about a machine. Eric and team knocked this one out of the park... Actually, they knocked it out of the County that the ball park is in!! I was really looking forward to telling a bunch of my pals that the game they are so excited about BLOWS... but it is simply amazing.
Here's the main thing I want to say. This game is incredible, but NOT for the reasons that are getting a lot of people excited. I really don't care about the number of GnR songs, and video content, and LEDs... The Game SHOOTS Great, has GREAT Risk Reward Code design, and is exhilarating to play. It would be just as good with 300 Less Lights, and half the songs, and video content. I'm not saying those things don't make it better (Of course they Do!), but the bones of a great pinball experience are there. Shots, Rules, Theme Integration.
I'm a HUGE Stern fan. I think JP is one of the best pins ever made. I also love my AIQ. I've always been a fan of what JJP was TRYING to do. I think they've finally done it with GnR. A good friend locally messaged me, "Every other pin in my collection is now for sale". HA. I'm not going there yet, but this pin is blowing my mind.
Kudos to the entire JJP Team on creating a truly magnificent Pinball experience. Like Maiden and Met before it... It's even turning me in to a bit of a GnR Fan! That's something I never thought I'd say!

Dude, what an excellent review. So spot on. Love the part when you were all ready to tell ppl the game blows and instead it blew you...away

Regarding toys; so many people (podcasters mainly) rate that subject on toys alone. But per Pinside, it’s toys AND gimmicks. I would suspect the mini pf falls in this category and also believe the mini pf on GNR is the best one ever done. It’s quick and fast and not a grind like so many other mini playfields.

Anyway, carry on, can’t wait to check out the new update.

#6572 3 years ago

Happy to see power chord rules getting some much needed love:

== Version 01.16 March 4, 2021 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: 237a7b853174ffb36520c92f05f8a923 ==
== DELTA MD5 Checksum: 44c24a7cc61b21e184edd69d0dfb9038 ==

- note: this is available in a "full" install release and
in a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over v01.13, v01.14,
and v01.15

=== Game Code
+ added a device test for CE-only Coma entry gate
* fixed issue of song not offering a choice to take a jackpot or continue song
when down to single ball play

=== Core Code
* modified the default setting for Scorbit connection popup in Attract Mode to
hide after connection

== Version 01.15 February 23, 2021 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: f6b251a56ed895993852cd852eaae056 ==
== DELTA MD5 Checksum: ade49734e46314ad79bb3eea52574b31 ==

- note: this is available in a "full" install release and
in a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over v01.13 and v01.14

=== Game Code
* fixed issue with Power Chord not being awarded if you drained to 1 ball
with Power Chord already active
* High Score To Date Attract Mode page now shows only songs available based
on adult song setting
* Status Report now shows only songs available based on adult song setting
* updated manual to version to Rev .93
+ added Power Chord multiplier for shooting Duff's Bass Ramp during a song
+ added Power Chord boost for shooting Duff's Bass Ramp out of a song
* adult callout and adult video settings now require confirmation from user.
you will need to set these setting again if you previously had them set to
enabled

=== Core Code
* fixed potential problem of game deadlocking during collect balls
* improved sensor calibration
* Network Update will no longer timeout and return to Attract Mode after
downloading the update

#6582 3 years ago

Paging @keefer

Maybe best to wait to do update?

EFE23BD9-9053-4D46-BBF1-E044FB68C2D2.gifEFE23BD9-9053-4D46-BBF1-E044FB68C2D2.gif
#6589 3 years ago

Yea I don’t think I’m gonna attempt this one.

C5383A2A-3A86-457B-9F7E-766370B18B8C.gifC5383A2A-3A86-457B-9F7E-766370B18B8C.gif
#6604 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Umm... there is an entire main album mode that isn’t coded!

And I’d question whether or not the team considers the other album modes 100%

#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’ve skimmed the latest, and apologize if this is redundant...I ordered an LE in January 2021...any idea at timing...6 months...1 year? Need to make room and a rough ETA would be great.

Ask your distributor, they should have a rough eta.

#6652 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

What’s the worst thing about this pin in your opinion?

The worst thing about GNR for me is it makes me not want to play any other pinball.

#6746 3 years ago
Quoted from Bluethursday:Hi All, 2 quick questions:
1) Is anyone else having an issue with the LED closest to the right bottom flipper? On my machine, this LED seems to be outputting the wrong color some of the time. I am having a hard time photographing it, but in one instance the other lights in the area are white and it is cyan. When the other lights in the area are pink, this light is blue. When other lights in the area are yellow, this light is sometimes green. At other times this light seems to work perfectly. Any idea what I could do to fix this?
2) one of my ball locks seems to have dropped. It still functions when it should so it doesn't impact gameplay but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of what I could do to fix it.
Also, I've had my machine since the beginning of January, put about 1000 games on it, and my magnet still functions normally but as stated above, it could be my sessions haven't been marathon enough to cause the magnet issue.(Longest game is about 15 minutes, longest session is a few hours)
Love this pin.

Quoted from zaphX:

Might need a light board replacement. Contact support. You can confirm the fault running the all LED test and cycling through the colors.

Easy fix, just tighten it back up under the playfield to match the right one. I just did this tuneup on my own.

Thanks for the info zaphX - one of my ball locks is slightly like this but not as extreme as the picture. I thought i tried tightening it back up but to no avail, it kind of flips around fairly loosely but still works fine so hasn’t bothered so much. I’ll have a second look but I almost suspect the spring is bad.

On a related note to this, when mine first did it the lock would constantly go up and down (unplayable) - replacing the coil sleeve fixed it.

#6773 3 years ago

Think I’ll wait a couple more days before tackling this one. Hope JJP gets it all worked out, my sterns are starting to get love again

#6776 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No reason to wait if you've ever done a JJP USB stick Full Install. It worked for me.
LTG : )

That’s like putting a rag in the shooter lane to keep the balls from falling out. JJP designed it so I can be lazy...and I like it!

#6779 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Now I've lost all skill shots sensors. I reseated all the wires and still nothing. I found a red black wire down by the main board all the Ethernet wires plug into bit I don't think it's that. Any ideas?

Did you reseat the harness directly below the skill shot lights (under the playfield)? It’s a fairly big harness, and isnt too bad to reseat. Double check that you dont have nicked wires (mine did - see pic)

1CCFDFC1-2288-4FD9-85CF-BB49ADB93BE6 (resized).jpeg1CCFDFC1-2288-4FD9-85CF-BB49ADB93BE6 (resized).jpeg
#6843 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Just made final payment for my LE that they said they think will ship mid April.
This is my first JJP ever and first NIB shipped (well did get a TMNT delivered and returned after they destroyed it by dropping it off the delivery truck but I don't count that one).
I know NIB can be finicky so just wondering if there is a list of things I should check? I read I should replace all the rubber in the game right off, is that a lot of work and/or difficult to get to?

As mentioned, have plenty of flipper rubbers for backup. Either pinball life or Marco specialties can help you out there. Red is the preferred design for GNR.

Also, plan on replacing the balls day 1. I like to use titan pinball super shinys and they work with games with magnets. Titan also offers flipper rubbers, but they are silicone and while I’m not a fan of those types of rubbers, they actually work well with GNR.

Next, be sure to have plenty of micro fiber cloths. Inspect the playfield while you gently wipe it down with a dry micro fiber cloth (no chemicals or wax needed for NIB).

Lastly, pick yourself up a bottle of wizards mist n shine.
https://www.amazon.com/Wizards-Detailing-Showroom-Chemicals-Mist-N-Shine/dp/B002U729UA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa
This is JJPs recommended product for cleaning their playfields. I’ve been using it for years on sterns and it’s great. One or two Sprays directly on microfiber cloth (not the playfield) and wipe down playfield. Rinse + repeat as necessary. Again, not needed right away; I do it about once every 200 plays or so as needed.

#6893 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

WOW this game and company are beginning too sound like a continuous TRAIN WRECK, really considering canceling my order .

Why is that? Welcome to the early adopters club, almost all games (even stern) have all sorts of issues out of the gate. The wifi update issue is a real bummer though i would say, though I havent tried updating my game yet because of reading all the comments here. I will probably give it a try this weekend, however.

Quoted from Phbooms:

Do you have stacking turned on or off on your SW? On my SE I'm at 6.8 degrees factory lanes. I just expected something alittle different i guess knowing Keefers other games but what's there is good. Id do like the game it's fun. The light show for some of the songs is great. There is work needed on both Use your illusion modes and all around polish. Game definitly puts you in a multiball trance and you jam to the songs with a flood of balls coming at you for minutes on end.

I owned an SW for 2 years. Love that game and miss it very much. I would say SW is a perfect balance of breadth & depth. After awhile, i found it on the easy side to get to the emperor. So what did i do? I set my game to only allow 1 extra ball via 100 tie fighters with stacking off (game is way better with stacking off btw IMO), tweaking software adjustments such as these made it a much better balance. I love games like SW where you can get through the entire game in <20 mins, i hate marathon games which Keefer is known for. I for one am super glad that GNR isn’t another marathon Keefer depth game, but it can be if you want to blow up song after song...encore after encore. That’s what’s so great about it, different ways to play it.

4 song modes = 12 mins minimum
4 album modes = 15 secs - 3 mins per mode
Slash solo = 1 minute
Tour mb = 30secs - 5 mins

All in all, looks like we’re right in line with the sweet spot of a 20 minute game until you get to the wizard mode, this is perfection in my book.

That said, if it’s too easy, dial back your settings, make it harder. Set your max ball saver in songs from 60 secs to 30 secs, limit the amount of add a balls, limit the extra balls, etc...

Games that have quick paths to wizard modes (GOT, SW, DP, GNR?) are awesome in my book as you really get to play in the settings sandbox. Games that are meant to be marathon games (LOTR, TSPP, Hobbit) can be much more challenging to tweak gameplay and style.

My 2 cents...but give me a game with breadth over a game with depth any day of the week.

#6918 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

What's the gunshot during song? Haven't had a chance to look up, but is it just mystery?

Band frenzy (i.e. switch frenzy). Then you’ll hear a reload click when it’s over and it’ll be available to qualify again.

#6938 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

What are some of the most beneficial single patch's to collect? What are you all trying to get first and second?
What about a patch awarded for super skill shot? Or would that be to easy to collect?

#1 fender fender fender (this helps a bunch for band frenzy as I understand).

After that, depends on the mood I’m in but typically I go for all the band members patches:
• Vater + Duff skull for their band member shots + increased song scoring
• thunder chucker (drumsticks) is always nice for super jets
• Rose and fuzzy Mic for spotting axl easier in band frenzy
• slash hat
• Melissa
• sunglasses when I come out of a song to get tour lit quicker

Heck....I’m just gonna say all, I go for all the patches

I will say when the diverter is down I can really exploit the patch system with left/right ramp combos. If I had an SE, I imagine I’d have almost every patch by the end of a game.

#6963 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Count me in into the loser leaderboard. Just had a "You could be mine" jackpot of 54 million vaporize in front of me when the last ball drained.
God i love this game. Got a new target to hunt now!!!

Nice! The worst is missing the applause jackpot, all those points just vanish into thin air.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
790 posts in this topic match your search for posts by eskaybee. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.