Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 560.
#8951 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Add me to the list of broken spotlights. My right one broke and won’t move up and down. Doesn’t seem to be full motion left to right either. I think it happened during mR Brownstone. I had plenty of slack in the wires.
For those that received a replacement, are they better built and have any broken?

Sorry to hear you joined the club. I’m waiting on both my replacements but JJP was super fast in response and RMA’ing mine. I think they had a bad batch of servos...same issue though, right one broke up down mech arm and left one works off and on but won’t test correctly

Also, I think the right has left and right stop limits, due to the mini screen and ramp obstruction

#8952 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Sorry to hear you joined the club. I’m waiting on both my replacements but JJP was super fast in response and RMA’ing mine. I think they had a bad batch of servos...same issue though, right one broke up down mech arm and left one works off and on but won’t test correctly
Also, I think the right has left and right stop limits, due to the mini screen and ramp obstruction

Have you received and installed the replacements yet? And if so, how are they?

#8953 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Have you received and installed the replacements yet? And if so, how are they?

Not yet, still waiting, hoping for next week

#8954 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is there any sound level adjustments for bass and treble or an EQ?

I’ve only seen gain control in the menu.

Part of the reason I got the Pinwoofer/Amp kit

I am installing it on Tuesday, so I’ll let you know

#8955 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I’ve only seen gain control in the menu.
Part of the reason I got the Pinwoofer/Amp kit
I am installing it on Tuesday, so I’ll let you know

It's great.
Just got the tweeters on Friday. They're going in tomorrow.
Nice upgrade on a music pin.

#8956 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

For those of you adding those LED TV strips from Walmart or Amazon for backglass lighting. Are they USB? If so, where are you plugging them in? I don’t see any open spots in my back box.

Usb lights, and I did not have an empty USB port on my GNR pc, so I plugged in a small USB port I had. Removed one usb cable, plugged in the hub and then reconnected the cable I unplugged and plugged in the light strip.

#8957 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Walmart sells Monster LED strips for 65" TVs that cost only $5. They are the perfect size for the monitor and full RGB with a remote. Nothing special at all is needed and I've done this mod myself on all my JJP games.

Stupid question , why are people adding LEDs to their TVs ?

#8958 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Stupid question , why are people adding LEDs to their TVs ?

They put them around the bottom and sides of
The backglasss around the display, so it lights up.

#8959 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

They put them around the bottom and sides of
The backglasss around the display, so it lights up.

So you pull the back off your TV and put them in internally ?

#8960 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Add me to the list of broken spotlights. My right one broke and won’t move up and down. Doesn’t seem to be full motion left to right either. I think it happened during mR Brownstone. I had plenty of slack in the wires.
For those that received a replacement, are they better built and have any broken?

Not sure, it has a white servo housing as opposed to the original one that was black. So far so good but I just installed it a few days ago.

#8961 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So you pull the back off your TV and put them in internally ?

LOL no just for backlighting I would imagine. In fact looking at the product I bet that’s what they’re doing here and I was thinking something different.

#8962 2 years ago

Must be getting better, ... or understanding the rules better. This is my best score.

IMG_2806 (resized).jpegIMG_2806 (resized).jpeg
#8963 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Not yet, still waiting, hoping for next week

Took me about two months to get a replacement. Then the second one broke

#8964 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Took me about two months to get a replacement. Then the second one broke

#8965 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well we had one too many left-plastic drains and I got motivated enough to build the cybevenom Invisiwall.
I started with this:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Miller-LLC-48-in-Plastic-Corner-Guards/1184387
I cut a piece to fit using a Dremel cutting wheel. Removed the plastic and used it to mark drill holes for the Invisiwall, drilled them and reassembled.
You truly don't see it when the pin is lit, and it seems to have definitively solved the problem.
While I had it open I replaced the rubber above the outlane, which was about 1/2 worn on a split corner.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And is Susan now happier Derek?

#8966 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

LOL no just for backlighting I would imagine. In fact looking at the product I bet that’s what they’re doing here and I was thinking something different.

Just watch some YouTube videos on it , totally stupid idea if you ask me . The last thing you would want is bright lights coming from behind your TV .

#8967 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

And is Susan now happier Derek?

She will be - she was really frustrated by those drains (we both were.)

Unfortunately she is in Mexico on a scuba trip so it will be a week before she can try it.

#8968 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just watch some YouTube videos on it , totally stupid idea if you ask me . The last thing you would want is bright lights coming from behind your TV .

You’ve missed the point (I think).

It’s to make the art on all areas of the back glass visible not have bright lights in your face. You don’t see the lights through the glass, you see illuminated art.

Same issue occurred on hobbit/dialed in and pirates.

Imagine a stern pin in which only half the back glass art lit up.

#8969 2 years ago

The guy was asking why they’re installing LEDs on TVs, not the pinball machine. People install LEDs behind the TV and it lights up the wall behind it. It’s supposed to help you see and focus on the TV better. Hell if I know. My sister did it to hers and likes it. I think it looks cool. The LEDs are turned down very dim.

#8970 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

You’ve missed the point (I think).
It’s to make the art on all areas of the back glass visible not have bright lights in your face. You don’t see the lights through the glass, you see illuminated art.
Same issue occurred on hobbit/dialed in and pirates.
Imagine a stern pin in which only half the back glass art lit up.

Yep , I was talking about TV's not the pins .

#8971 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Not sure, it has a white servo housing as opposed to the original one that was black. So far so good but I just installed it a few days ago.

How was the install? Any tips? Was it plug and play or did you need to assemble anything?

#8972 2 years ago

So for the busted right spotlight, the linkage isn’t broken. It just doesn’t move up or down in test mode. Is this similar to what everyone else is experiencing? I thought I saw pics or posts about the arm/linkage being broken

#8973 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

So for the busted right spotlight, the linkage isn’t broken. It just doesn’t move up or down in test mode. Is this similar to what everyone else is experiencing? I thought I saw pics or posts about the arm/linkage being broken

Not necessarily, looks like the servos are giving out as well.

#8974 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

This was my left spotlight vertical servo on day two. Waiting for a replacement currently.

PXL_20210410_175109643 (resized).jpgPXL_20210410_175109643 (resized).jpg
#8975 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

This was my left spotlight vertical servo on day two. Waiting for a replacement currently.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. Mine appears to look ok. But no noise or movement coming from servo when testing vertical positions.

#8976 2 years ago

If the arm is intact and it's just the servo that went, you might try replacing it yourself. I did with success.

WARNING: PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK, I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU BREAK!

The parts are commonly available at hobby shops, I've found two so far that work.
Links in here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/176#post-6250280

IMPORTANT: Make sure the servo is centered AND the spotlight position is centered when you screw on the control arm. If it's not centered, the first time the servo moves it will over-extend and almost certainly break the arm.

The servos are centered on bootup, or you can use the servo device test. When the right servo is active in the test, the left is centered and vice versa.

#8977 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If the arm is intact and it's just the servo that went, you might try replacing it yourself. I did with success.
WARNING: PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK, I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU BREAK!
The parts are commonly available at hobby shops, I've found two so far that work.
Links in here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/176#post-6250280
IMPORTANT: Make sure the servo is centered AND the spotlight position is centered when you screw on the control arm. If it's not centered, the first time the servo moves it will over-extend and almost certainly break the arm.
The servos are centered on bootup, or you can use the servo device test. When the right servo is active in the test, the left is centered and vice versa.

Thanks for the tips

#8978 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

How was the install? Any tips? Was it plug and play or did you need to assemble anything?

Left one was easy, two screws and plug and play. Not sure about the right one though (I guess I’ll find out!!)

#8979 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Left one was easy, two screws and plug and play. Not sure about the right one though (I guess I’ll find out!!)

The right spot comes out pretty easy too, you just have to remove that black metal plate first.

#8980 2 years ago

In looking at the right vertical servo, I am missing the two, top and bottom mounting screws. See pic. Those screws are present in the left vertical servo. I wonder if missing mounting screws are a common factor in the servo failing? Just a thought. Anyone else have these screws?
5BF82D80-3C60-4AE4-9AF8-B0EB77F4574C (resized).jpeg5BF82D80-3C60-4AE4-9AF8-B0EB77F4574C (resized).jpeg

#8981 2 years ago

The screws must be there but mine broke off completely. For the time being just taped the servo with double sided tape to the back. Also had both arms broke off, both glued now, but also waiting on replacement.

#8982 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It is actually called "bias lighting." Believe it or not, it is actually better for your eyes (less fatigue and strain) as it improves perceived contrast/black levels. You'll often see this done in professional editing bays.

Ideally, this subtle light should be white/6500K, so blasting red or purple light behind a monitor is defeating the purpose.

#8983 2 years ago

I like my red though on my LE

20210430_005439 (resized).jpg20210430_005439 (resized).jpg
#8984 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

In looking at the right vertical servo, I am missing the two, top and bottom mounting screws. See pic. Those screws are present in the left vertical servo. I wonder if missing mounting screws are a common factor in the servo failing? Just a thought. Anyone else have these screws?
[quoted image]

I don't think your missing them, the right servo is mounted from underneath versus the left one, where the servo is on top..

I'm not at my machine, on the road right now, just going from memory so I could be mistaken

#8985 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I don't think your missing them, the right servo is mounted from underneath versus the left one, where the servo is on top..
I'm not at my machine, on the road right now, just going from memory

It looks like the screws should be there. The pic is the right light and the servo circled controls vertical movement. All other servos have the screws. I would think the linkages have a better chance of breaking if the screws are missing as vibrations could misalign the servo and add strain to the linkage.

Each spotlight has two servos. One for vertical and the other for horizontal. You are correct in that the vertical and horizontal ones are reversed between the left and right lights.

#8986 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well we had one too many left-plastic drains and I got motivated enough to build the cybevenom Invisiwall.
I started with this:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Miller-LLC-48-in-Plastic-Corner-Guards/1184387
I cut a piece to fit using a Dremel cutting wheel. Removed the plastic and used it to mark drill holes for the Invisiwall, drilled them and reassembled.
You truly don't see it when the pin is lit, and it seems to have definitively solved the problem.
While I had it open I replaced the rubber above the outlane, which was about 1/2 worn on a split corner.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I need this badly! So many crap drains when something good was going!!

#8987 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It looks like the screws should be there. The pic is the right light and the servo circled controls vertical movement. All other servos have the screws. I would think the linkages have a better chance of breaking if the screws are missing as vibrations could misalign the servo and add strain to the linkage.
Each spotlight has two servos. One for vertical and the other for horizontal. You are correct in that the vertical and horizontal ones are reversed between the left and right lights.

Gotcha, here's hoping our RMA s come soon and it fixes the issue, they're just to cool not to work

#8988 2 years ago

I just noticed the images from the camera on my game are all weird. The picture has gone to a pink color. Any idea what this could be or how to fix?

Also I used the jukebox feature yesterday while playing pool with a mate in my games room. Such a fantastic feature to have as it makes the game into a real feature even when it's not being played.

#8989 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I just noticed the images from the camera on my game are all weird. The picture has gone to a pink color. Any idea what this could be or how to fix?

For a start I'd turn the game off. Reseat connector at camera and motherboard. Be sure they are on tight. If there is a video card on the motherboard, be sure it is on tight too.

LTG : )

#8990 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Do all GNRs get pooling and wrinkling at the left in lane post? Only 3 weeks old and I'm having to repair mine to stop further damage.
Why is it doing this? Is the post not tight enough causing vibration? There is no rubber on the post so that doesn't help.
I'm going to use a heat gun to flatten it out. Then mylar it. Then a plastic washer. Then metal washer.

Yes, every single one of them. Some multiple times. Some straight out of the box. Some before they're even built.

#8991 2 years ago

Hi. Hope this is an easy one. I have GNR LE.
Game won’t boot. No fan, no lights, no relay sound, no boot up.
The outlet inside machine works so I know power is getting to game. Fuse LEDs all lit red so fuses seem ok. I even tried to reset motherboard by shorting pins 16 and 17 on motherboard 24 pin connector.
Still nothing.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

#8992 2 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

The outlet inside machine works so I know power is getting to game. Fuse LEDs all lit red so fuses seem ok. I even tried to reset motherboard by shorting pins 16 and 17 on motherboard 24 pin connector.
Still nothing.

Which motherboard do you have? you just need to manually power on the computer motherboard or short the cmos clear, but the location is different per motherboard. Take a picture of the computer motherboard if you don't know.

Here's the layout for the ASROCK H310C motherboard, and where the short points are for power and for CMOS clear (but it's different for other brands/models motherboard):
ASROCK_H310CM-DVS-Power_Button.jpgASROCK_H310CM-DVS-Power_Button.jpg
Here's the MSI H81M-P33:
MSI H81M-P33.jpgMSI H81M-P33.jpg

#8993 2 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

Still nothing.

#8994 2 years ago

He said he already tried shorting pins 16 and 17.

#8995 2 years ago

I’d be lying if I said I was glad to still be waiting for mine. But I guess I can take some solace in the in the hope that some of these issues get fixed by JJP and/or the community comes up with fixes, prior to my getting my game. Not really worried about much, but would hate to have spotlight issues as that seems like such a cool feature.

Thanks to all posting the fixes/hacks to get this game working as intended.

#8996 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I’d be lying if I said I was glad to still be waiting for mine. But I guess I can take some solace in the in the hope that some of these issues get fixed by JJP and/or the community comes up with fixes, prior to my getting my game. Not really worried about much, but would hate to have spotlight issues as that seems like such a cool feature.

Yep, I’m still waiting on mine as well and was just thinking this same thing. Hopefully the deeper into the run the more robust the games will be. Has JJP changed any thing to date to address these issues?

Any guess on how many machines a week JJP is putting out currently?

#8997 2 years ago

jarozi and @tigerlaw
When did you order?

#8998 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Thanks to all posting the fixes/hacks to get this game working as intended.

Yes my left spotlight vertical servo is broken and I'll be waiting probably a while for a replacement, but I honestly don't notice it at all when I'm playing. There is so much going on in this game and I'm constantly staring at the flippers because of all the multiballs. At first I thought this game was too straightforward, but now I can feel the addiction setting in. I love that this plays so differently from any other machine and I can see it staying in my collection permanently.

#8999 2 years ago

Well, it finally happened to me! At least it was early in the game. Ball 1.

I recently received my game and the only issue I have had that required support were my spot lights. But like others have said, I do not notice while playing. I am just glad I have zero playfield issues. That would concern me most. So far, no wrinkles…I use dryer sheets. No pooling…I stick to the ocean. No planking, dimples, etc. JJP did install a few washers. But they do not bother me. Along with my WOZRR, this is another home run for JJP. It’s a keeper!

I am looking forward to some more updates to the software.

F26B10E1-5134-420F-B2B7-D546ADEE621D (resized).jpegF26B10E1-5134-420F-B2B7-D546ADEE621D (resized).jpeg
#9000 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

TigerLaw
When did you order?

Late, but I purchased an early order spot from another user.

Quoted from LukyDuck:

I am looking forward to some more updates to the software.

Are there still some significant features they plan to build in? I’ve really not been following this thread as closely I should have been.

The mods for this game are incredible. That skull housing around the shooter and the bullet shooter Rod, what a combo those are. So tempting to order them before I get my game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/180 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.