Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 560.
#9401 2 years ago

With all the multi balls (love it) how often for ball swaps .

#9402 2 years ago

When they start to lose those shine or have lots of scratches on them.

#9403 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

when should this greasy stuff be applied for maintenance?

When you first get the game. A tiny bit. Maybe once or twice a year after. Wipe clean don't let it build up.

I've found a drop of oil or bit of grease keeps the wire part of the spinner in the metal frame from scoring and eventually snapping off.

LTG : )

#9404 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah we play.
[quoted image]

My crowd meter just maxed out while collecting the jealousy patch.

Added over 3 years ago:

And just for the record, to play that many games on location would cost over $6,000 at $2 per game. So you're almost halfway to break even

#9405 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Do any of you Nancy’s actually play the game or just talk about snapped rubbers and mods?!! Someone tell me how to blow this thing up!! Paging Eskaybee

Just watch Karl DeAngelo's (iepinball) twitch streams. He blows it up fine. I think he was the first to show the wizard mode.

#9406 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Great stuff, thanks again PinMonk. When I perform a CMOS clear, is anything else required after that (such as software install)? Cheers.

Once you clear the CMOS, you may have to attach a keyboard and go into the BIOS settings and "Load Defaults." Or, you may not. I've gotten away without doing it, but not sure why/why not. I think the load defaults is just to clear any corrupted settings after the clear.

#9407 2 years ago

First I apologize I would back read but I have a small window today to fix this scoop issue .I started removing upper PF and looking for steps for the rest I have guitar neck loose and Axl off looking for what needs removing toward the upper upper PF to the left any help much appreciated

#9408 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What's the world come to .
Condoms , bras and undies and even lighters are now offensive ?

Isn't Utah the state where you can have as many underage wives as you want , I wouldn't be looking to them for moral guidance .[quoted image]

Did you not read my post?! I clearly said that I am far from offended, but it is young kids that I worry about. Some parents are sensitive to it and it's not my place to say or dictate what is right or wrong.
What's wrong with me trying to avoid that situation?

#9409 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

First I apologize I would back read but I have a small window today to fix this scoop issue .I started removing upper PF and looking for steps for the rest I have guitar neck loose and Axl off looking for what needs removing toward the upper upper PF to the left any help much appreciated

It's a key post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/150#post-6197148

#9411 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Did you not read my post?! I clearly said that I am far from offended, but it is young kids that I worry about. Some parents are sensitive to it and it's not my place to say or dictate what is right or wrong.

I read your post mate.

It made me sad.

#9412 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

If parents are cool with kids playing a Guns n Roses pin, they likely have an idea what's in there, content-wise, unless they were living under a rock all these years. I'd say you're being nice turning the songs with adult language off for them.

#9413 2 years ago

Anyone concerned about their children seeing condoms, bras or underwear probably has problem far beyond beyond pinball exposure!

#9414 2 years ago

One time at Band Camp....

#9415 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If parents are cool with kids playing a Guns n Roses pin, they likely have an idea what's in there, content-wise, unless they were living under a rock all these years. I'd say you're being nice turning the songs with adult language off for them.

Both of my games are adult themes, so I have no choice if they want to play my games.

Quoted from punkin:

I read your post mate.
It made me sad.

Not that any of this matters, but I was buying Richard Pryor, Andrew Dice Clay, and Eddie Murphy cassettes in grade school. I started going to bars at 17 and was hanging out on tour buses when I was 19. I toured with bands like Slayer and Black Sabbath (a band that influenced GNR) as soon as I hit my 21st birthday. I am definitely the wrong person to lecture on morality and censorship.

Unfortunately, you have to walk a thin line in today's world and I wanted to know how parents navigate it. Just because YOU think it is OK, doesn't mean others do.
I never once said I agreed with it, nor did I create the "movement." Again, I am the wrong guy to lecture on this topic. I was simply asking this question since I do not have kids.

#9416 2 years ago

I didn't lecture you or judge you mate. Merely commented on my emotional state and confirmed that i had indeed read your post.

No lecture at all. Nor did i express an opinion either way.

#9417 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Those parents can tell their kids not to play.

#9418 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah we play.
[quoted image]

Thats the way to roll.

#9419 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Thats the way to roll.

I see so many nice games sell with < 500 plays (sometimes < 200!). That's called "unboxing weekend" for us.

I don't buy things I don't use, and I feel like the enjoyment we get from our pins is commensurate with the cost.

#9420 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I didn't lecture you mate. Merely commented on my emotional state and confirmed that i had indeed read your post.
No lecture at all.

Cheers! I wasn't attacking you.

I didn't mean for this discussion to spiral. I was asking a simple (and reasonable) question. Trust me, I don't like tip-toeing in my own home, but I also want my friends to bring their kids over without me feeling "weird" about it. Sure, I could simply keep the machines off, but they're the first things you see when you walk into my place.

I got hooked on pinball at age 8 by playing an old EM at someone's house. I know it's lofty thinking, but I really want kids to play pinball.
Gen Z isn't tracking to keep this hobby going, but I'd like to do my part, just as most people here are doing. Again, wishful thinking. I'm facing the same situation in the home theater category.

I didn't mention that I have TBL sitting next to the GNR.
They can decide whether it's kosher or not.
It still isn't a bad idea to have an official "family mode."
20210509_141051 (resized).jpg20210509_141051 (resized).jpg

#9421 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I see so many nice games sell with < 500 plays (sometimes < 200!). That's called "unboxing weekend" for us.
I don't buy things I don't use, and I feel like the enjoyment we get from our pins is commensurate with the cost.

I know what you mean. My LE i have owned now for 3 months almost and the games started is on 835 lifetime games. As for low games selling this game. It will never leave. Heck my Iron Maiden premium only left after 3 months because i did not wanted to miss this one and it left with over 600 games on it.
If i buy a pinball machine it is gonna be played!!
It is always sweet to be the cool uncle with pinball machines when my niece and cousin visit and the first thing they go for is the pinball machines. I am the one place where the tablets stay in the bag or don't come with when they visit.

#9422 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Not that any of this matters, but I was buying Richard Pryor, Andrew Dice Clay, and Eddie Murphy cassettes in grade school. I started going to bars at 17 and was hanging out on tour buses when I was 19. I toured with bands like Slayer and Black Sabbath (a band that influenced GNR) as soon as I hit my 21st birthday. I am definitely the wrong person to lecture on morality and censorship.
Unfortunately, you have to walk a thin line in today's world and I wanted to know how parents navigate it. Just because YOU think it is OK, doesn't mean others do.
I never once said I agreed with it, nor did I create the "movement." Again, I am the wrong guy to lecture on this topic. I was simply asking this question since I do not have kids.

#9423 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah we play.
[quoted image]

#9424 2 years ago

Nah...just what happens with two enthusiasts in the same house. We probably play a couple hrs/night between the two of us.

#9425 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No, it's a personal game. Susan and I play a lot and are competitive with one another.

That’s really wild. My family has put 750 games on our TMNT in a few months, and I thought that was crazy high play. We’ve got nothing on you two.

Any word on if the code for GnR is deemed complete?

#9426 2 years ago

I’m down to finding where this yellow/black harness goes under the UPF.I thought this did not have a home when I started but can’t remember I got pulled away before I could finish up .I had to drill to expand the pivot holes on the scoop bracket to get it to swing out further so I can get the ball on the flipper (sorry my wife took my phone to get a new screen protector I have no pics )it was no big deal .Any help with info on this wire harness would be much appreciated I’m exited about playing a proper game

557E4D47-0A7F-4EA9-8B3C-56406C136CA1 (resized).jpeg557E4D47-0A7F-4EA9-8B3C-56406C136CA1 (resized).jpeg
#9427 2 years ago
0DFC152A-AF94-40FE-AB64-A8E951EAB63F (resized).jpeg0DFC152A-AF94-40FE-AB64-A8E951EAB63F (resized).jpeg
#9428 2 years ago

Never mind doesn’t matter .All that work I got the hood moved left and still the same SDTM every single time completly ruins every game .It’s unplugged looks like another Stern night .

28887625-8F20-4E5B-AF2A-45FD6540FFC3 (resized).jpeg28887625-8F20-4E5B-AF2A-45FD6540FFC3 (resized).jpeg
#9429 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Never mind doesn’t matter .All that work I got the hood moved left and still the same SDTM every single time completly ruins every game .It’s unplugged looks like another Stern night .
[quoted image]

It looks like it should be aimed more left than what it is. You could try opening the holes of the hood larger so you can turn it more.

#9430 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

When you have it on again and the glass off, try slo-mo recording the kickout with your phone both dead on at playfield level looking towards the scoop, and overhead with the flippers in view. It can be very helpful for fixing these kinds of issues.

#9431 2 years ago

Got a chance to go under the hood for the first time in a while. A few notes- all three regarding posts by @fooflighter. Thanks for all the info bud!

First, I greatly appreciate your tip about using the felt pad to keep the ball from getting stuck by the lower pop. So far it seems to work well. Mods - can we make this a key post? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/178#post-6253643

Second, I tried changing the monitor to sRGB color space and I do think it’s better. I preferred brightness at 50 and contrast at 40, but I’m sure each eye has their own preferences. Both your and my suggestions are way better than stock though. I recommend to anyone who hasn’t played around with the monitor settings, do so.

Third, thanks for the tip on swapping the right spot. It is more involved than the left spot for sure, and your guide saved me a good amount of time. Of note, I didn’t have to remove the plastic shields to get the spot out. After the metal plate and the two bolts on the back were off, I could carefully guide the spot out the back and leave the shields in place. You mention them in your guide and you don’t explicitly say to remove them, but just wanted to pass along that the spot can pretty easily be swapped with them in place.

Lastly, my stock servos were DGS and the replacements were both Hobby King. They are white instead of black, but nothing a little sharpie can’t fix . Hopefully these won’t fail.

#9432 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It looks like it should be aimed more left than what it is. You could try opening the holes of the hood larger so you can turn it more.

Thanks bud I just did that tonight .I opened it more so it can swing left it was pretty straight before that .I actually moved it about 1/4 inch I thought that would do it .I start 3 weeks of 14 hr days tomorrow so it can sit and collect dust thats all it’s good for right now

#9433 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Agree, it doesn’t look aimed left enough compared to mine.

#9434 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When you have it on again and the glass off, try slo-mo recording the kickout with your phone both dead on at playfield level looking towards the scoop, and overhead with the flippers in view. It can be very helpful for fixing these kinds of issues.

Thanks that’s smart thinking .

#9435 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agree, it doesn’t look aimed left enough compared to mine.

I should’ve compared it to yours before I put it back together .JJP said they’ll send out another “snubber” didn’t know that’s what it’s called .I wish I had my phone when I had it apart but it still looks to me the whole mech is seated out of wack .Thanks for your help I’ll get to it again d St one other day .

#9436 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks that’s smart thinking .

Once you've done it once, it will be your go-to for diagnosing stuff like this. It really helps, and you'll have video that others can look at and offer suggestions based on what it looks like.

#9437 2 years ago

Never mind! Emily Litella

#9438 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I should’ve compared it to yours before I put it back together .JJP said they’ll send out another “snubber” didn’t know that’s what it’s called .I wish I had my phone when I had it apart but it still looks to me the whole mech is seated out of wack .Thanks for your help I’ll get to it again d St one other day .

I’m really sorry for the bad time you’re having. Glad JJP is taking care of you and hopefully the new snubber is all it takes to make it right.

Good work on the disassemble/reassemble, and now you know how to do it.

#9439 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That’s really wild. My family has put 750 games on our TMNT in a few months, and I thought that was crazy high play. We’ve got nothing on you two.

I really don’t feel like we play insane amounts - an hour or two per night maybe - but we do seem to stack on plays at a high rate compared to the rest of the community.

It doesn’t bother me and in fact every play I see as $1 toward the purchase price.

We have enough plays on Wonka that it has paid for itself

#9440 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

Take pliers, grab the hood and bend it one way or the other.

#9441 2 years ago

Here is the file for the linkage to the spotlight. Someone on the 3D Print thread was kind enough to share.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4854563/files

#9442 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Take pliers, grab the hood and bend it one way or the other.

Thanks CW that’s what I’ll do now that another is coming .Still I don’t think it’s a good idea to do that while it’s in place I’ll take it out again and put it in the vice I want to drill the holes to swing more anyway .At least I got one to play around with to see what works .

#9443 2 years ago

I’ve done this on every game I’ve ever worked on with a scoop hood. It’s not a problem and the tiniest adjustment will change the balls path dramatically.

#9444 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve done this on every game I’ve ever worked on with a scoop hood. It’s not a problem and the tiniest adjustment will change the balls path dramatically.

So I’d imagine take it by the right side where the back meets the curve “hood” and bend toward the left flipper is that correct ?

#9445 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So I’d imagine take it by the right side where the back meets the curve “hood” and bend toward the left flipper is that correct ?

That’s what I would try first. But I would see if you can tell where the scoop currently shoots the ball now. I know it’s SDTM, but is it closer to one side than the other? If so, adjust to try and get it to shoot more to that side.

#9446 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Before taking pliers to it, I would try applying a few strips of duct tape to the right side not the hood. Add a few layers. Maybe the ball will deflect off it and avoid SDTM.

#9447 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Before taking pliers to it, I would try applying a few strips of duct tape to the right side not the hood. Add a few layers. Maybe the ball will deflect off it and avoid SDTM.

Do NOT put any tape in a scoop. Loosen the hood, adjust as far to the left flipper as possible, retighten.

#9448 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Do NOT put any tape in a scoop. Loosen the hood, adjust as far to the left flipper as possible, retighten.

I believe he did that already

#9449 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Here is the file for the linkage to the spotlight. Someone on the 3D Print thread was kind enough to share.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4854563/files

Awesome, that's 1/2 of the linkage, is there a file for the other half?

#9450 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Awesome, that's 1/2 of the linkage, is there a file for the other half?

No this is all he had

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mahtomedi, MN
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/189 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.