Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 296 of 560.
#14751 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

What happened JJP Shill Screamnir? Did I hit a truth nerve troll buddy? Lol Don’t like being called out I guess?

I'll debate you any day of the week , in any of the other threads , this thread isn't for tools like you .

#14752 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:So sorry to see this terrible crap on your nice PF. The interesting thing about almost every poor quality issue with JJP, even in addition to the many play fields problems, is mech, electrical, lights, CPU issues, etc. If these machines were cars, we’d call them lemons. I know there are on occasions some JJP machines with very few plays, so they have very few issues, but every location I’ve seen a JJP machine, its almost always out of service. Cannot figure out where the myth JJP makes quality products comes from? Hope you’re able to arrest those issues so they don’t become larger. Good luck!

At least come up with something new , you just cut and paste posts now

#14753 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'll debate you any day of the week , in any of the other threads , this thread isn't for tools like you .

You’d lose that debate easily my good troll buddy. No contest. Don’t think you’d be up to it at all, lol. Have way too much proof right in this thread of JJP horror stories. And it would begin with Jack telling us all, the customers, its our fault the PFs look like crap, not JJPs.

#14754 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You’d lose that debate easily my good troll buddy. No contest. Don’t think you’d be up to it at all, lol.

Mate , I can fart better than you debate

#14755 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Mate , I can fart better than you debate

Lol

#14756 2 years ago

Aussies on fire in this thread.......well done

#14757 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The holes the 3 danger posts are too large in diameter allowing for movement, as seen in the video that was posted ages ago.
After having my game for over 2 months without any play, due to too many other commitments, I am MAKING the time to get the bulletproofing job done.
So I have lower playfield complete almost 3hrs, working on upper now and I find that I will have to get a 3 x metal or plastic sleeves for the 3.......... super problem posts. I have installed bigger T-Nut and have longer posts ready to go. -_- The larger T-nut is still not long enough to reach all the way through the PF -_-.
****** Has anyone found perfect size tubing that can be cut to length and fitted to post ? *******
[quoted image][quoted image]

The Marco longer 10-32 tnut comes to just below the surface of the pf. Not sure which one you’re using there?

4991A15F-EEC3-49CB-AD9F-6236962140F9 (resized).jpeg4991A15F-EEC3-49CB-AD9F-6236962140F9 (resized).jpeg
#14759 2 years ago

All: as a proud early owner (October 12, 2020 delivery) wanted to share a recent issue. My left ramp diverter has become inconsistent; works fine on first boot, but: stops functioning. Sometimes in the middle of the first game, sometimes shortly after. Makes it impossible to lock balls or collect Power Chords. During tests the "power" coil pulls it completely down. The "hold" coil test will barely pulse, but will not fully retract...even when manually pushing down and firing the test. Have been working with Ken from JJP support (awesome as always); reseated J107 connector on the I/O board, tested the physical mechanism, etc. Going to swap the coil; expect that will do the trick. For what it's worth, I have PinMonk fans on the flipper coils. Left diverter is the next hardest working coil in the game. Guessing this one will be filed under "wear/tear" based on the design, vs. a malfunction or defective part.

#14760 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Also added my pinovators thingie.
Is it ok to have it installed in the game, while disconnected from a sub? Should I expect some sort of hum or noise if it’s not plugged in on the other end just yet?
[quoted image]

i think it would be fine; shouldn't hear anything diff.

#14761 2 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

All: as a proud early owner (October 12, 2020 delivery) wanted to share a recent issue. My left ramp diverter has become inconsistent; works fine on first boot, but: stops functioning. Sometimes in the middle of the first game, sometimes shortly after. Makes it impossible to lock balls or collect Power Chords. During tests the "power" coil pulls it completely down. The "hold" coil test will barely pulse, but will not fully retract...even when manually pushing down and firing the test. Have been working with Ken from JJP support (awesome as always); reseated J107 connector on the I/O board, tested the physical mechanism, etc. Going to swap the coil; expect that will do the trick. For what it's worth, I have PinMonk fans on the flipper coils. Left diverter is the next hardest working coil in the game. Guessing this one will be filed under "wear/tear" based on the design, vs. a malfunction or defective part.

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be binding of the mechanism. The coil would fire and the diverter would action but not drop and hold. The coil was fine. Check the bracket/plate underneath - there is some adjustment in this which I tweaked. The problem went away and didn't come back.

#14762 2 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Had the exact same issue and same support person. Replacing the coil fixed it. That was only like 220 plays in.

#14763 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Align the flipper rubber perfectly with the end of the return lane guide.

Just found this searching as having the same issue. Right flipper is clearly angled slightly up towards top of PF rather than being perfectly level. I know how to adjust flippers but just wasn't sure if this was intended for shot geometry so was hesitant to move the flipper. But sounds like JJP is recommending adjusting so the flippers are perfectly in line with ball guides?

#14764 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Just found this searching as having the same issue. Right flipper is clearly angled slightly up towards top of PF rather than being perfectly level. I know how to adjust flippers but just wasn't sure if this was intended for shot geometry so was hesitant to move the flipper. But sounds like JJP is recommending adjusting so the flippers are perfectly in line with ball guides?

I paid close attention to where I was missing my left ramp shot. I was bricking a lot off the right stand up. I adjusted the flippers downward, a little below parallel with guides and now I am scoring much better. Definitely helped when I was in multi ball as I can now more easily get balls locked in the guitar

#14765 2 years ago

Any idea how long the cooling fan from pinmonk takes to ship? I ordered it and am having a pinball guy come to my house to help me turn up the flipper and install the fans. Also where can I buy this foam for the bumper? Sorry to be such a helpless noob lol. I’m not fixing shit and I’ll pay for someone else to do it. I appreciate the help here.

#14766 2 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

Any idea how long the cooling fan from pinmonk takes to ship?

Did he give you a tracking number ?

If not UPS on their website can estimate from state to state.

USPS priority 2 or 3 business days. 3 more if not. 4 more if going east.

LTG : )

#14767 2 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

In testing, the diverter coil exceeded 200F in long games (got as high as 219.9F before the newer code helped keep it closer to 200F), so yeah, likely the coil. There's an extra lead on the Tibetan Breeze cooling kit, so my plan is to see if I can do a diverter coil fan add-on kit once my GnR gets here this month. It's an awkward mech underneath, but I should be able to come up with something and that will keep the temp around 100-120F which should substantially help with this.

#14768 2 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

Any idea how long the cooling fan from pinmonk takes to ship? I ordered it and am having a pinball guy come to my house to help me turn up the flipper and install the fans. Also where can I buy this foam for the bumper? Sorry to be such a helpless noob lol. I’m not fixing shit and I’ll pay for someone else to do it. I appreciate the help here.

The one you placed today'll go out today. This is not common, but I've been grinding to get caught up with Tibetan Breeze kit orders and made it, until the next wave.

#14769 2 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

Exact same situation on my machine! The scoop feed has slowly drifted toward the center. It still hits the tip of the left flipper, but needs attention soon.

I got my GNR a couple weeks ago. July Build Date.

I am having the exact same Center Scoop SDTM issue. First dozen games I didn't notice any of this but now it's SDTM each time the center scoop ejects.

I raised the flipper power only about 2 levels and now it's hitting just the tip of the left flipper (most of the time).

There seems to be no real solution other then try to get the scoop hood as left as possible and maybe stick a target foam on the right inside of the scoop hood. I still need to try that.

Has anyone had success in getting this scoop's eject to hit the left flipper?

This issue reminds me of my Star Trek 25 Annv's right eject scoop shooting the ball SDTM. I still havent found a way to fix that one. Ugh!

#14770 2 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

I am having the exact same Center Scoop SDTM issue. First dozen games I didn't notice any of this but now it's SDTM each time the center scoop ejects.
I raised the flipper power only about 2 levels and now it's hitting just the tip of the left flipper (most of the time).
There seems to be no real solution other then try to get the scoop hood as left as possible and maybe stick a target foam on the right inside of the scoop hood. I still need to try that.
This issue reminds me of my Star Trek 25 Annv's right eject scoop shooting the ball SDTM. I still havent found a way to fix that one. Ugh!

Take a nut driver and loosen the two hood screws a little. Move hood to left and tighten back up really good. This hopefully solves your problem. No need to remove upper pf

#14771 2 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Put a washer or two under left side of scoop screws, between the playfield and scoop. This tilts it a little and sends the ball to the middle of the left flipper. At least that worked for me.

#14772 2 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:I got my GNR a couple weeks ago. July Build Date.

Also you might check the level of the game.

#14773 2 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

my LE works great with that issue since I reduced the scoop power by 2

#14774 2 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

I've had the same issue but mine seems a little bit more intermittent. I have started noticing the diverter is sometimes staying up longer than it was previously and sometimes it has been up blocking a chance for power chord jackpot. Glad to know it is not just happening for me.

#14775 2 years ago

Apologies if this is a repeat- but I feel like the base sound all the sudden is much louder and repetitive. “Baum….Baum Bauaammm”. Almost like a sensor threshold is off (set to low). It’s a background sound during gameplay. Has anyone experienced this (or I imagining it?)

#14776 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The Marco longer 10-32 tnut comes to just below the surface of the pf. Not sure which one you’re using there?[quoted image]

Can you please provide link for these, I have wrong ones as well. Can only find ones with 9/32 barrel height. Cheers

#14777 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Can you please provide link for these, I have wrong ones as well. Can only find ones with 9/32 barrel height. Cheers

Here’s the Marco link:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4410-01118-00

Weird thing is the description said 7/16 barrel height, but there’s a 2nd pic in the listing that sais 9/32 barrel height.

The ones I received are definitely 7/16.

And apparently PSPA sell them here according to the description:

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/4410-01118-00.html

But for either supplier you better check with them what the actual height of the barrel is as apparently some are being sent with short barrels.

#14778 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Here’s the Marco link:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4410-01118-00
Weird thing is the description said 7/16 barrel height, but there’s a 2nd pic in the listing that sais 9/32 barrel height.
The ones I received are definitely 7/16.
And apparently PSPA sell them here according to the description:
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/4410-01118-00.html
But for either supplier you better check with them what the actual height of the barrel is as apparently some are being sent with short barrels.

Good info,

Thanks mate!

#14779 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Take a nut driver and loosen the two hood screws a little. Move hood to left and tighten back up really good. This hopefully solves your problem. No need to remove upper pf

You must have some magical nut drivers. I wanted so much for mine to fit in there but I couldn’t make it happen. Been waiting for another reason to remove the upper pf before I tried adjusting my hood again.

#14780 2 years ago

Bluetooth connection to Apple Airpod Pros is quite temperamental. Some nights it connects (after a couple of attempts), others not. What's the trick?

#14781 2 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Bluetooth connection to Apple Airpod Pros is quite temperamental. Some nights it connects (after a couple of attempts), others not. What's the trick?

I don't think there is one. Bluetooth seems to be hit and miss with a lot of owners.

#14782 2 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

What chip is on the bluetooth board with the headphone jack? If there's writing in it, we an figure out what bluetooth it supports. I doubt it supports bluetooth 5, so the airpods are slumming it with compatibility mode on early bluetooths.

#14783 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I've had my ball get stuck under the center spinner/pick multiple times. Had it during a song tonight at a 7m jackpot that I had to let go.
Anyone else has their ball get stuck under the center pick? And any solutions?
It's also just today started getting ting stuck between the top of the right ramp and drumstick. Any thoughts there?

I also get the ball stuck under the center spinner/pick once in a while. Hard to get "unstuck" shaking the machine when it happens. Spinner seems to spin fine normally. Happens when the ball is moving slow from above. I have my machine pitch level set to the 2nd line on the leveler (6.5" pitch) as suggested by JJP for proper angle so don't think it is related to slope of playfield.

#14784 2 years ago

Bend the assembly.

78A1A3AE-57E7-4A52-98C9-7E49A583B910 (resized).jpeg78A1A3AE-57E7-4A52-98C9-7E49A583B910 (resized).jpeg
#14785 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

You must have some magical nut drivers.

That’s what she said

#14786 2 years ago

Sven has some stage upgrade mod kits available right now for shipping if you act fast! Check out his thread if you don't know what I'm talking about...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-jjp-guns-n-roses-le-ce-ultimate-stage-upgrade-kit/page/2#post-6487321

#14787 2 years ago
Quoted from TakeOff:

Bend the assembly.[quoted image]

Have you done this? Up or down? I'm assuming down.

#14788 2 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Get new headphones. Airport suck. Like everything about them sucks. Audio quality, comfort level, your issue, etc etc. Get yourself a nice pair of over ear, high audio quality headphones. Thank me later.

#14789 2 years ago

Yes, I have done it. If I remember correctly, I have bent the center spinner assembly slightly to the left. You do no not have disasseble anything.

#14790 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

You must have some magical nut drivers. I wanted so much for mine to fit in there but I couldn’t make it happen. Been waiting for another reason to remove the upper pf before I tried adjusting my hood again.

Thanks guys for the center scoop adjustment tips. It'll be a couple days before I can try them. I'll report back!

Everyone of my friends who plays this pin absolutely loves it. At least until the ball shoots down directly between the flippers. How embarrassing and frustrating.

JJP didn't do a very good job of playtesting and adjusting my July '21 build date GNR. I had many adjustment I had to do.

One adjustment I haven't gotten to yet is the ball lunch gate. This gate is suppose to keep the ball from rolling back into the shooter lane. However about 3/4 of the time the ball sneeks back under it from the Skill Shot area. Ugh! I don't know if the gate is too high or it just bounces and lifts the gate a little and allows it through. The result is many relaunches of the same ball from the auto shooter from the shooter lane . Any ideas on this?

#14791 2 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Thanks guys for the center scoop adjustment tips. It'll be a couple days before I can try them. I'll report back!
Everyone of my friends who plays this pin absolutely loves it. At least until the ball shoots down directly between the flippers. How embarrassing and frustrating.
JJP didn't do a very good job of playtesting and adjusting my July '21 build date GNR. I had many adjustment I had to do.
One adjustment I haven't gotten to yet is the ball lunch gate. This gate is suppose to keep the ball from rolling back into the shooter lane. However about 3/4 of the time the ball sneeks back under it from the Skill Shot area. Ugh! I don't know if the gate is too high or it just bounces and lifts the gate a little and allows it through. The result is many relaunches of the same ball from the auto shooter from the shooter lane . Any ideas on this?

You'll want to add one to two small washers on each of the posts on that gate to effectively change the height of that gate. For sure there's a picture or more details somewhere and this thread. If you can't find it I'll send you pictures.

#14792 2 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

The gate is too high - remove the two nuts holding it on, put two washers on each lug and reattach. It will be lower and the ball will stop passing through.

#14793 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

That’s what she said

*Sigh*
Not since I was 24.

#14794 2 years ago

I’ll occasionally get a ball stuck under the upper right flipper. While I can always get it out with a few flips, is there a known fix to prevent it?

#14795 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

I’ll occasionally get a ball stuck under the upper right flipper. While I can always get it out with a few flips, is there a known fix to prevent it?

IMO any game with an upper flipper like that creates the occasional pinch grab.

I've seen it on guns and I've seen it on both upper flippers on Wonka.

Not so much POTC because the upper flipper has a hole under it!

#14796 2 years ago

Sorcerer does it too

#14797 2 years ago

On this date in 1988 Sweet Child of Mine hit #1.

Now go celebrate with a few games and playing Sweet Child on blast!

#14798 2 years ago

Throwing this out there, but if anyone would be interested in buying LIORs speaker kit mod from me shoot me a message. Happy to provide pics but I’m sure everyone in this group knows what I’m offering! Pieces are in perfect condition, I’m just not in love with them. Paid $360 but I’d sell em for $250 since they’re not technically new.

#14799 2 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

I did a write up of this in the CE thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/37#post-6093869

#14800 2 years ago

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Good - May playfield, 163 games played.
IMG_6116 (resized).JPEGIMG_6116 (resized).JPEG
First, Kudos to @PinMonk. Your air ball mod is great. It blends perfectly, looks great and its easy to install. A real no-brainer.
IMG_6124 (resized).JPEGIMG_6124 (resized).JPEG

Bad - Semi-kudos to JJP. It looks like they are trying different things to mitigate the playfield issues though they are not there yet. The first three pics are of the typical problem areas though I am not seeing any damage yet.
IMG_6121 (resized).JPEGIMG_6121 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6122 (resized).JPEGIMG_6122 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6118 (resized).JPEGIMG_6118 (resized).JPEG

Ugly - When I removed the plastic to install the air ball mod, I found my first pooling issue
IMG_6113 (resized).JPEGIMG_6113 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6114 (resized).JPEGIMG_6114 (resized).JPEG

Why Jersey Jack did not put any protection under this post is a mystery. It does take direct hits.

Its kind of like finding that first scratch on your new car.
PETG washers on order.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 296 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/296 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.