Okay so to summarize here's what I did to remove the upper play field to put on the cliffy on the scoop:
For pictures I just referenced Vitty's post which was on page 150 of this thread I believe.
1. Removed bass guitar wire frame... Just two nuts and two washers holding in place... Entire assembly goes straight up 90 degrees to the play field and then pulls out of the holes in the upper play field.
2. Remove two nuts holding axl in place. Removed axl
3. Lift playfield. Locate molex connector and rj 45 to upper playfield unplug.
4. The next part requires some patience there's a yellow and green wire that runs up to a control board also ties into a black and red wire... In order to have enough slack to lift the playfield you'll need to trace this wire from the upper play field to the connection point and unplug it take your time you'll find it. Also will require cutting zip ties to give yourself some slack Make sure to take plenty of pictures. Again I didn't remove the upper playfield entirely I simply provided enough slack to the cables that were there that once the playfield is lowered I was able to lift it up and put a microfiber towel underneath to protect the upper playfield from the main.
5. Remove the two screws holding the scoop protector in place.
6. Lower playfield.
7. Remove the left spotlight wiring so that you're not putting any undo stress on the light when you lift the playfield.
8. Remove four screws in the upper play field a long magnet really helps here.
9. Carefully lift up on the upper play field and have a thick microfiber towel at the ready to be able to slide underneath to protect the lower surface from the upper If you feel resistance stop make sure that you have clearance on the wires below You shouldn't have to move it that much we're only trying to get it out of the way so that we can get to the scoop assembly.
10. Next unscrew the two nuts holding the metal guitar shelf guide and remove
11. Unscrew the nut holding the plastic in place which also doubles as a one-way ballgate, You should be able to lift the plastic off now.
12. Using a hex driver, loosen the two posts, one has a ring bumper on it, The other has a larger ring that spans to a post.
13. Unscrew the two screws that are holding the vuk ball guide... You should now be able to remove the two brackets that hold the blue rubber bumpers
14. Remove the inner scoop protector... I did this by pushing down on the front and pulling up on the back work slowly so is to not damage the scoop hole.
15. There will be some adhesive left over on the playfield from the previous mantis protector I left mine in place as it still had enough stickiness to function to hold down the cliffy
16. Here's where we may differ My cliffy's once installed needed to be ground down a little bit with the Dremel because I had them interfering with the two ball locks and metal was scraping... You may be okay but this is definitely a place you want to make sure you have clearance before you screw everything back together.
17. Insert the new cliffy by putting the front end in first, The clip should spring to the playfield and the sides need to be slightly pinched and it should just pop right in
18. Insert the back wall inner cliffy protector again trial fit to make sure you have clearance
19. Now just reassemble everything in reverse order starting with the vuk ball guide to lock the cliff in place followed by the two rubber bumper brackets and then the posts
20. Once you've reassembled the top playfield lift it up again and resecure all the wires that you loosened and cut zip ties for.
21. Make sure none of your wires are crossing the vuk, and also make sure you have slack on your left spotlight so that it can move freely.
That's it... It sounds a lot worse than it actually is Just be sure to take your time take lots of pictures label stuff if you're not sure don't rush This is definitely not something you're going to knock out in a 30 minutes..It took me about three hours talking my time.
Couple of notes that I did as extras:
I put a couple drops of blue loctite on the two scoop ball guide screws
Couple posts back I showed were the wires crossed in front of the metal frame housing for the left spotlight here's where I put some mylar to protect the wires from frame over time over time again maybe overkill but I'd rather have a little overkill protection than have to send away for a new assembly due to cut wires
For the dremel cuts on the cliffy, I used a sharpie to mark the areas that needed to be cut, used a simple sanding wheel at high speed ..go very slowly.. as you only want to remove what metal is interfering and no more
Also while I had to play field off I took the opportunity to replace whatever PL slings and rings that they had assembled with Titan clears
Hope this helps