Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 560.
#5051 3 years ago

Today I finished You could be Mine song, I got the Applause jackpot, but then there was no Encore mode and I went back to the pre-concert mode to earn a new song.

Is it normal ?

#5052 3 years ago

Regarding the shooter rod ... I had to replace the BARREL spring with a slightly shorter version and now the skill shot feel is perfect.
(one less turn) I have another client whose spring was the larger and the skill shot was fine. Hard to say why.
Hope this helps.
- Paul

20210113_082726[1] (resized).jpg20210113_082726[1] (resized).jpg
#5053 3 years ago

Has anyone else had issues with Coma lock? It worked first game out of the box but hasn't since. I ran a coil test and it tries to open but doesn't. Test report says "Check matrixed switch #79, Coma Lockup (stuck closed)". Pulled glass and it moves freely. Not sure what to check next. BTW, this machine is absolutely insane!!! It's a 10 for me! Only issues so far are; wrong cables for topper and stuck Coma lock. Also, occasionally the ball likes to run on the outside of the drum sticks against the cabinet but hopefully easy fix.

#5054 3 years ago

Yep

Just picked up from Mike this morning..

So far no issues. One of the boards had some missing screws which turned up in cabinet otherwise looks great

#5055 3 years ago
Quoted from Zwovr6:

Yep
So far no issues. One of the boards had some missing screws which turned up in cabinet otherwise looks great

I was over there this afternoon.....first time visit. GNR was getting a lot of love....

#5056 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Today I finished You could be Mine song, I got the Applause jackpot, but then there was no Encore mode and I went back to the pre-concert mode to earn a new song.
Is it normal ?

Yes. You only get encore if your Rock-it Meter is maxed out when you get the applause jackpot.

#5057 3 years ago

Is there a way to check the alignment of the third flipper? The loop is pretty hard to hit on my machine.

#5058 3 years ago
Quoted from Zwovr6:

Finally here!. Great game[quoted image][quoted image]

I like those Tilt art blades...I got the speakers without the skulls, either ones look great to me. Thanks for posting

#5059 3 years ago

Just got my SE today. I've only run into two issues so far. The left sling just goes off rapidly and at random. Even when the game starts and there's no vibration from other switches. I'll have to take a look under the playfield. The other issue is the screen going blank from time to time when you start a song..anyone else encounter this?

#5060 3 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Just got my SE today. I've only run into two issues so far. The left sling just goes off rapidly and at random. Even when the game starts and there's no vibration from other switches. I'll have to take a look under the playfield. The other issue is the screen going blank from time to time when you start a song..anyone else encounter this?

The sling is due to your leaf switch...most likely the contacts are too close, just get a leaf tool and put the appropriate bend to give it normal separation

#5061 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Make sure you didn’t sheer the rubber tip off your plunger like I did lifting and reseating the playfield. There’s barely any room there and it happens easily.
Someone else here on pinside suggested to always pull the plunger back when you lift/drop the playfield in or out to avoid that from happening.[quoted image]

The plunger shooter rod will contact the playfield if you don't pull it. There is a huge ball of wires you need to compress before the playfield will lock in. Just pull it and lower it.. I did the same thing and jjp sent me a few replacements. That I'll probably have in a drawer for the rest of my life now that I know

#5062 3 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

The left sling just goes off rapidly and at random.

Turn the game off. Remove the plastic over the sling shot kicker and leaf blade switches. Pull on the rubber ring around the posts, so you have equal pressure on all sides, not tight on the kicker/leaf blade switch side. The leaf blade switches - front long one should be resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it or away from it. Shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't. There are two leaf blade switches, one each side of the kicker. At least one needs a little adjusting. When bending forward or backward, get as close to the fiberboard spacers as you can.

LTG : )

#5063 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This game is sick. Holy shit. I love it. Beautiful and plays great right out of the box. All connections to the topper are there as well. Only small issue is the spring to the plunger is to weak. It won’t even make it past the gate. I can switch out the but the ones I have are too powerful so the skill shot is to hard to make. Other than that, I’m loving it. See ya later. Going back to learn new stuff.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking at your picture it appears the shooter rod or skull cover are not centered. Loosen the three screws on the back side a center with the ball and lane. As no one else has had this issue, compensating with a stronger spring will likely not Fix the issue. Align it and I suspect it will work fine.

#5064 3 years ago

While I am waiting for my CE here in Blighty.

Can someone explain and show what the coma lock does, I guess its a lock but where does it shoot the balls out?

#5065 3 years ago
Quoted from Zwovr6:

Yep

i was there with you...!

#5066 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

While I am waiting for my CE here in Blighty.
Can someone explain and show what the coma lock does, I guess its a lock but where does it shoot the balls out?

Holds 1 pinball, then releases that ball down into the ball trough where it is then autolaunched back into play if you have completed the sequence.

#5067 3 years ago

What’s the latest on LEs back on the line ?

#5068 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

In several weeks once the CE run is finished.

#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just play mine till they go back on the line. Lol. May be awhile but Worth the wait! Expect April is my guess.

#5070 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This game is sick. Holy shit. I love it. Beautiful and plays great right out of the box. All connections to the topper are there as well. Only small issue is the spring to the plunger is to weak. It won’t even make it past the gate. I can switch out the but the ones I have are too powerful so the skill shot is to hard to make. Other than that, I’m loving it. See ya later. Going back to learn new stuff.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is a work of art. Congrats!

#5071 3 years ago

Posted this in the CE thread but its applicable to all - thanks to Eskaybee

First adjustment to do when you guys get your games is to adjust your lower flippers to be parallel with the lane guides. This greatly helps reduce/eliminate the ball hang ups on the flippers from the inlanes and greatly improves flipper flow. This is a must!

I've attached a photo here of how you roughly want them aligned. You want to aim the left flipper at the 'v' between the skeleton body and arm and for the right flipper aim roughly at the top of the tallest knuckle of the skeleton's hand on that side. On mine and on photos i've seen on here it's a fairly big adjustment. Made a huge difference.

0CBC4A5A-99AD-4057-BAA2-7D1124D95558.jpeg0CBC4A5A-99AD-4057-BAA2-7D1124D95558.jpeg
#5072 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just play mine till they go back on the line. Lol. May be awhile but Worth the wait! Expect April is my guess.

Sounds good Dave ,I’ll hit you up soon I can’t take the wait any longer

#5073 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is there a way to check the alignment of the third flipper? The loop is pretty hard to hit on my machine.

no one else finds this kind of clunky?

#5074 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It really is a mix of pitch, level, flipper rubber, coil strength (or fade)... On some days I can hit 2-3 loops without any clunk, some times I nail it so accurately and hard that the ball flys out of control.

Happens a ton also on JP2 (raptor tower shot) and IMDN (that upper loop from the inner flipper can be incredibly hard to hit)

#5075 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

It really is a mix of pitch, level, flipper rubber, coil strength (or fade)... On some days I can hit 2-3 loops without any clunk, some times I nail it so accurately and hard that the ball flys out of control.
Happens a ton also on JP2 (raptor tower shot) and IMDN (that upper loop from the inner flipper can be incredibly hard to hit)

I wouldn’t call it clunky… It’s a makeable shot for sure I’ve also hit it two or three times in a row. Two times a lot three times maybe only once or twice!

I do get a lot of shots that come back and don’t actually make it around that upper loop. But when that shot is made spot on it’s back to your flipper in less than a second!

#5076 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

i was there with you...!

I completely forgot to where my name tag with my pinside name on it... Small world.

Did you play LZ at all. I was really liking the ST LE but ended up not pulling trigger yet.

#5077 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I like those Tilt art blades...I got the speakers without the skulls, either ones look great to me. Thanks for posting

Thanks. Waiting on some Lior mods but with shut downs in israel dont think they coming in soon. So far really impressed with how game turned out.. this is the third NIB I got from automated with no issues so feeling pretty good so far..

#5078 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

When I played GNR on location, I had a hard time finding that loop shot, let alone get any kind of loop succession. Now that it’s home, I’m looping all day, sometimes 5 or even 6 loops in a row.

That said, it isn’t the most ‘flowy’ loop shot, and can be clunky at times. Reminds me more of R&M loop shot rather than something smoother like IMDN.

The ball whips around fast. So sometimes the ball gets a big jump as it exits and this is what can cause the clunk. It hasn’t bothered me so much, I’ve thought about reducing the flipper strength, but if anyone’s done any tweaks to help it I’m all ears.

#5079 3 years ago

The loop has a small jump before the top lanes, so it’s never going to be like Stern Star Trek. That being said, I regularly loop 3-4 of them. Currently there isn’t a ton of incentive in the code to loop them over and over anyways.

#5080 3 years ago
Quoted from Zwovr6:

I completely forgot to where my name tag with my pinside name on it... Small world.
Did you play LZ at all. I was really liking the ST LE but ended up not pulling trigger yet.

it was fun. i like lz . but not a keeper... unlike gnr le........

#5081 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Posted this in the CE thread but its applicable to all - thanks to eskaybee
First adjustment to do when you guys get your games is to adjust your lower flippers to be parallel with the lane guides. This greatly helps reduce/eliminate the ball hang ups on the flippers from the inlanes and greatly improves flipper flow. This is a must!
I've attached a photo here of how you roughly want them aligned. You want to aim the left flipper at the 'v' between the skeleton body and arm and for the right flipper aim roughly at the top of the tallest knuckle of the skeleton's hand on that side. On mine and on photos i've seen on here it's a fairly big adjustment. Made a huge difference.[quoted image]

I got the thinner Titan flipper bands...that helped. But would still like to make it better. When you loosened the lane guides...did you push them down toward ball drain or up toward the top of the playfield before retightening? Appreciate your help in getting this dialed in....

#5082 3 years ago

For all the guys that were complaining that the export LE's left before you got your CE's, let it be known that the ship to the land of Aus is still on the water for at least 9 more days.

I'm happy for you that you got your CE's though.

#5083 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The loop has a small jump before the top lanes, so it’s never going to be like Stern Star Trek. That being said, I regularly loop 3-4 of them. Currently there isn’t a ton of incentive in the code to loop them over and over anyways.

I originally had moved the flipper a little bit to the right which allowed me to repeat 5+ pretty regularly. However that caused my left orbit shots to hit the top of the right sling. I wish there was a marker or something to align this flipper. Annoying.

#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Currently there isn’t a ton of incentive in the code to loop them over and over anyways.

Hope that does change soon. Sweet shot.

#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I originally had moved the flipper a little bit to the right which allowed me to repeat 5+ pretty regularly. However that caused my left orbit shots to hit the top of the right sling. I wish there was a marker or something to align this flipper. Annoying.

Looping isn't something that is really rewarded in code, so other than it being fun, there isn't a strategic reason to do it. Qualifying Tour Multiball is currently the "major" benefit. Having the orbit shots reach the flipper is far more important.

#5086 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Looping isn't something that is really rewarded in code, so other than it being fun, there isn't a strategic reason to do it. Qualifying Tour Multiball is currently the "major" benefit. Having the orbit shots reach the flipper is far more important.

Agreed. I think these are the biggest incentives for consecutive upper loop shots:

+ progress towards tour mb
+ civil war (song mode)
+ tear down the wall (album mode)
+ Coma multiball looping the super JP (this is my favorite, but so hard to do and set up).
+ there is one, maybe two, other songs that reward consecutive loop progression.

Wishlist items for the upper flipper consecutive loops:
+ AMP booster multiball: one loop = jackpot, 2 loops = double JP, 3 loops = triple JP, 4 loops = quadruple JP. Right now I believe the upper loop shot scores a double jackpot rather than a single for the other lit jackpot shots.
+ add consecutive upper loop rules to one or two of the tour mini modes
+ perhaps anytime you do 3 consecutive loops, it boosts your album levels +1 and gives a nifty sound effect? Maybe that could be part of a new tour mini mode.

#5087 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

For all the guys that were complaining that the export LE's left before you got your CE's, let it be known that the ship to the land of Aus is still on the water for at least 9 more days.

So is the one to Europe. I expect/hope to take delivery in the first 2 weeks of february.

#5088 3 years ago

So when is 1.11 code going to be released?

#5089 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So when is 1.11 code going to be released?

What's in 1.11?

#5090 3 years ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

What's in 1.11?

The Wizard mode for Pirates! JK!!!

#5091 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Wizard mode for Pirates! JK!!!

Quoted from xtravgiza:

What's in 1.11?

No one knows. It’s loaded on the CEs and some SE owners have it also.

#5092 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

After owning this game for 2 months now, there is one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb. It's not JJP's fault - it's my nostalgia conflicting with the late tour GnR clips in this game, specifically axel. He's just not the rocker I remember - I think old school axel. The rest of the band, especially slash, look great for their age.
I kind of wish I could take DE's GnR art and call outs and merge it with this game, using old school video clips (not this new tour with new people or the aging axel). I know - impossible.
Ultimately, this game does a lot well but it also stumbles in a few areas. I keep on planning to do a proper review b/c there is so much to go over but haven't had the time yet. It's def the next chapter in interaction/lights/sound but if I wasn't a gnr fan, the weaknesses would stick out much more. It does flow better than I anticipated but when I look next to my pirates, I can't help but to think if Eric had the old school JJP budget, what else would be in here. More to come but if you're an active kaneda listener, temp your expectations on this one b/c the hype train doesn't fully deliver (and no, the CE doesn't change this at all - in fact you have to be out of your mind to spend more than 15k on that). GnR fans should enjoy it though - solid game that brings something fresh to the industry.

exactly how I feel.

#5093 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh that’s right it’s been awhile since I’ve been to a pin show!It’s amazing how good of shape everyone was in

freaking hilarious

#5094 3 years ago

Every time the ball comes down the right ramp of the bass, it jumps into the glass. I'm trying to figure out the cause. It looks level.

20210119_163213 (resized).jpg20210119_163213 (resized).jpg
#5095 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

And that only 30 of us are getting an LE from that ship

#5096 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

And that only 30 of us are getting an LE from that ship

yeppers, 30 for the whole country. I have two mate here in Coffs who are really disappointed, saying they can play mine doesn't seem to cheer them up.

Guessing it will be after the middle of the year they see theirs.

#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

yeppers, 30 for the whole country. I have two mate here in Coffs who are really disappointed, saying they can play mine doesn't seem to cheer them up.

After seeing pictures of your awesome place I think that would be a win anyway.

#5098 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ordered my LE on Oct 5, doubt I will see it anytime soon.

#5099 3 years ago

Just shy of 100 plays and had my first minor issue. Loose screw landed in the inlane and trapped the ball. It came from the speaker stack. I suspect it never caught any threads in the install, I couldn't get it in without loosening the other screw. I'm happy I found it quickly. While I had the glass off I replaced the flipper rubber. They were already showing sign of wear. The deeper red of the Titans looks great too. I tried adjusting the skill shot deflector and it made no difference. I think for me it will be an adjustment of the lane it hits after. Luckily I'm not getting SDTM, just sometimes clear shot to right flipper, sometimes a bounce and left flipper. I wish I remembered to loosen the diverters on the bass. First game in and I tilted out trying to get a ball free.

2021-01-19 17.23.50 (resized).jpg2021-01-19 17.23.50 (resized).jpg2021-01-19 17.23.53 (resized).jpg2021-01-19 17.23.53 (resized).jpg
#5100 3 years ago

Good thing JJP gives spares. The left side plastic piece cracked. Don't even know whn ot happened. I don't see the broken piece anywhere. Additionally, the left ring also needs to be replaced.

20210119_204049 (resized).jpg20210119_204049 (resized).jpg20210119_204456 (resized).jpg20210119_204456 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,800 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
12,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.