Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 422 of 560.
#21051 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thank him from the heart of your bottom?

Well played...

#21052 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Well played...

What am I missing ?

#21053 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What am I missing ?

That's one of the game over callouts.

#21054 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That's one of the game over callouts.

Ah gotcha

#21055 1 year ago

thank you from the heart of my bottom

Maybe thats the normal thing to say if you live in the land down under.

#21056 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Maybe thats the normal thing to say if you live in the land down under.

Only after 20 beers

#21057 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thank him from the heart of your bottom?

Haha, fitting comment, yes

#21058 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

That's so awesome man !
The CE's have some interesting challenges.
Band member TE games no doubt would be a CE +
A big one is playfield disintegration around some posts unfortunately.
Check key posts for tech tips and problem post area map. Will be worth running your eye over these problem areas while you are looking into other issues.
I'm guessing sensors and or scoop ?
I'm sure JJP support will help, great to hear that support appears to be improving.
If you get a curly one, here to help, shout out with a DM if JJP support is unable to help.
Ando
PS
Please thank Duff for his awesome input into the game, so cool.

Yeah he said he has worked with support and seems like a handy guy but it sounds like the machine just isn’t playing right. I didn’t get a lot of detail but definitely mentioned sdtm issues so might need a scoop adjustment, maybe needs the washer trick. Or maybe a little tweaking of the ball lock rails. Basically he said his DE GNR gets played WAY more than his JJP which is too bad.

I’m no pro technician but I’ve worked on my own machines for 15 years including doing a playfield swap with full restoration so I should be able to get it dialed in (no pun intended) especially with support from folks here (thanks Ando for the offer). I haven’t had any playfield issues on my GNR but I followed the posts about it here closely last year after I put my order in. Maybe I could get JJP to send a kit with the latest posts and washers they are using. It might even benefit from a software upgrade if he hasn’t done that. But yeah there are plenty of things to look over.

I’m happy to help out as a thank you for signing my machine and all the awesome music he has put out into the world. I was told by my friend that introduced us that he is a super chill and awesome guy and he is so right. He was very approachable, no ego, friendly and down to earth. Gave us a full tour of his studio and took time out of his day to chat for a while.

#21059 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Yeah he said he has worked with support and seems like a handy guy but it sounds like the machine just isn’t playing right. I didn’t get a lot of detail but definitely mentioned sdtm issues so might need a scoop adjustment, maybe needs the washer trick. Or maybe a little tweaking of the ball lock rails. Basically he said his DE GNR gets played WAY more than his JJP which is too bad.
I’m no pro technician but I’ve worked on my own machines for 15 years including doing a playfield swap with full restoration so I should be able to get it dialed in (no pun intended) especially with support from folks here (thanks Ando for the offer). I haven’t had any playfield issues on my GNR but I followed the posts about it here closely last year after I put my order in. Maybe I could get JJP to send a kit with the latest posts and washers they are using. It might even benefit from a software upgrade if he hasn’t done that. But yeah there are plenty of things to look over.
I’m happy to help out as a thank you for signing my machine and all the awesome music he has put out into the world. I was told by my friend that introduced us that he is a super chill and awesome guy and he is so right. He was very approachable, no ego, friendly and down to earth. Gave us a full tour of his studio and took time out of his day to chat for a while.

Wonder why he wouldn’t or hasn’t spoken to Slash about the issues he’s having. I’m sure Slash has enough pull to get a JJP licensed tech to his place to do whatever is needed on his machine.
In any case, good for you to help him out. Let us know how it goes.

#21060 1 year ago

Dumb question. If I select the 'Disable Left Ramp Diverter' does my LE essentially become an SE? My reason for this is that I've got some maintenance to do under the upper PF (changing rubbers, scoop snubbers, adjusting the scoop, etc). And I'd like to be able to play a few test games with the upper PF removed. Will the game function with the upper PF disconnected/removed as long as "Disable Left Ramp Diverter" is set in the menu?

Also curious, if that option is set, how do you activate the Lights multiball, or accumulate ball locks?

#21061 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

Dumb question. If I select the 'Disable Left Ramp Diverter' does my LE essentially become an SE? My reason for this is that I've got some maintenance to do under the upper PF (changing rubbers, scoop snubbers, adjusting the scoop, etc). And I'd like to be able to play a few test games with the upper PF removed. Will the game function with the upper PF disconnected/removed as long as "Disable Left Ramp Diverter" is set in the menu?
Also curious, if that option is set, how do you activate the Lights multiball, or accumulate ball locks?

I think disable diverter means it won't go up so you can always access the UP. I don't think you can accomplish what you are dreaming up in your head.
Just remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

#21062 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think disable diverter means it won't go up so you can always access the UP. I don't think you can accomplish what you are dreaming up in your head.
Just remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

But when the coil for the diverter isn’t energized, the diverter is up. I haven’t tried it (should be a simple check) but I would expect disabling the diverter would work as expected. Unless I’m missing something here.

#21063 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

But when the coil for the diverter isn’t energized, the diverter is up. I haven’t tried it (should be a simple check) but I would expect disabling the diverter would work as expected. Unless I’m missing something here.

I think you are correct but it's easy enough to try it. No idea about the things you need the upper playfield for.

#21064 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

So stoked. Got my machine signed by Duff this evening! He gave us a tour of his studio as well which was awesome. Sounds like he is having some issues with his Team Edition so I’ve offered to take a look at it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now that is cool as hell.

#21065 1 year ago

Hello,
I am in beta version, SE model
I noticed some bugs (at least I think):
*multiball AMP:
-after having finished playing, the AMP led is off
-on the mini LCD screen, by making ramps, it shows me the rules of the multiball of the lights (while the latter is not in progress)
*multiball of the lights:
- the left LED of the left ramp does not light up (the one on the right is on)
- when you put the ball in the scoop, it gives a successful hit on a ramp

#21066 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

For those that are struggling with balls getting stuck on top of the bass ramp, here is one possible solution. Yes, you have to drill a small hole in the plastic, but the end result is very clean and it works. Get a small drill and drill a hole between the 2nd and 3rd string. Then simply put a small zip tie through the hole and around the ramp. Pull tight and you should be good to go. This fix pull s the ramp towards the plastic and fixes the ball getting stuck issue. For the purest out there it might be too much mental pain to drill a hole through the plastic, but to me it didn't bother me. What is important to me is to play the darn game without having to pull the glass [quoted image][quoted image]

Man, that’s a great fix and more elegant than mine! I might try that the next time I replace the blue snubbers. It’s so frustrating when you can’t get that wire ramp dialed in. I can live with the zip tie if it means playing more! I think I finally have my game dialed in. I haven’t had to take the glass off in a long time.

#21067 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Good point! Set to YES and see which way it goes...
Manual says :

Devices
This Game Settings section allows you to disable any broken or otherwise non-functional
devices. Below are the possible options & default for each setting:

Disable Left Ramp Diverter: Stops game from using diverter. Default: NO
YES: device disabled
NO: device enabled

#21068 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

So I tested this out and the game functions with diverter disabled and it stays up so it never gets to the upper playfield. I only played a quick game but unfortunately it doesn’t seem like you are able to virtually lock balls (autocorrect seriously switched lock to lick just then for me) or start Lights MB. I don’t remember exactly how these work on the SE, but I hit the left ramp a bunch and it didn’t do anything other than collect Duff as far as I could tell.

#21069 1 year ago

It there a trick to disconnecting connectors such as this one? I don't see any type of clip holding it together, just seems really tight but I can't seem to get it to come apart.

pinkconnector (resized).jpgpinkconnector (resized).jpg
#21070 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

It there a trick to disconnecting connectors such as this one? I don't see any type of clip holding it together, just seems really tight but I can't seem to get it to come apart. [quoted image]

Sometimes they are just super tight. I've gripped em with needle nose pliers to pull them apart before. Definitely don't pull on the wires.

#21071 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

So I tested this out and the game functions with diverter disabled and it stays up so it never gets to the upper playfield. I only played a quick game but unfortunately it doesn’t seem like you are able to virtually lock balls (autocorrect seriously switched lock to lick just then for me) or start Lights MB. I don’t remember exactly how these work on the SE, but I hit the left ramp a bunch and it didn’t do anything other than collect Duff as far as I could tell.

Hitting the ramp in the SE will get you GNR letters for your patches.

Multiballs on the SE

Ramps, under upper flipper, amp inlane, and pyro target.

So either under the flipper or ramps is lights and the other one is make some noise.

No chord lock on the SE, but you lock balls by hitting the stuff ramp when the arrow is green.

#21072 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Sometimes they are just super tight. I've gripped em with needle nose pliers to pull them apart before. Definitely don't pull on the wires.

I appreciate the reply. Still working away at trying to get them disconnected but they are very stubborn! I can wiggle the plug a bit but thats about it. It's almost like there is some kind of clip that I can't see holding it together. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

#21073 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

I appreciate the reply. Still working away at trying to get them disconnected but they are very stubborn! I can wiggle the plug a bit but thats about it. It's almost like there is some kind of clip that I can't see holding it together. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Are you pushing down on the little tab in the middle?

#21074 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

Molex connectors with clips would be pretty obvious. Just sounds like it is really tight and needs to be pulled with a couple pliers on each side. Know that doesn't sound elegant, but sometimes those molex connectors can be really stubborn. Worse case you pull/damage one. They are not too bad to fix in case something goes south.

#21075 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Are you pushing down on the little tab in the middle?

If there is a tab in the middle, it's tiny. I tried using my finger nail in there and a flat edge screwdriver with no success. I can wiggle the plug but as I said, it just won't come apart. Does this particular connector have a tab in the middle?

#21076 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

If there is a tab in the middle, it's tiny. I tried using my finger nail in there and a flat edge screwdriver with no success. I can wiggle the plug but as I said, it just won't come apart. Does this particular connector have a tab in the middle?

Muscle up… should pull apart
Some are a bitch to get apart.
Make sure you don’t pull from the wires
It will come apart

#21077 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

It there a trick to disconnecting connectors such as this one? I don't see any type of clip holding it together, just seems really tight but I can't seem to get it to come apart. [quoted image]

Try wedging a small flathead screwdriver in the middle and as it’s still wedged in the connector then give it a pull. Looks like it has a small clip in the center of the connector(in your picture)so that’s where I would wedge my screwdriver.

#21078 1 year ago

Just hooked up my klipsch 15” powered sub holy shit did Gnr come to life. Best sounding pin Ive ever heard.

#21079 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm almost positive. Spotting the character means spotting for qualifying a song and for Band Frenzy in the song.

Darn, I just tried this and collecting Gibson and Rose got no progress for band frenzy.

#21080 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Does Gibson and Rose actually help start band frenzy? I thought they were just for qualifying that member for the rest of the game (help starting a song).

The only characters you can perma spot for band frenzy is Bass (Duff) and drums (Frank). The others are collects to qualify a song. I have a deeper explanation of this somewhere buried in this thread.

#21081 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The only characters you can perma spot for band frenzy is Bass (Duff) and drums (Frank). The others are collects to qualify a song. I have a deeper explanation of this somewhere buried in this thread.

Let's just filter your posts with key words "band frenzy" and there's a plethora of great info there... thx-skb

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tq=band+frenzy&tu=eskaybee

#21082 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Hi - I'm brand new here so take everything I say with a grain of salt. But on my SE, my understanding is that it (virtually) locks every second ball that I hit up the left ramp. In theory, if I were to hit twelve balls up that ramp, it would automatically start Song Mode for me - though I've never made it that far without entering Song Mode on my own.

As an aside, just wanted to say hey to everyone here. This SE is my very first pin, and I've only had it for a few weeks so far. There's been TONS of super valuable information in this thread, so a big thank you to anyone who's contributed so far. I've learned so much about my machine and I still feel like I have only scraped the surface...

#21083 1 year ago

My left servo(s) is acting up, the left spotlight just kinda jiggles and doesn't really move, there was mention of checking a screw to tighten before replacing the servos as a possible fix, which screw are people talking about?

#21084 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

My left servo(s) is acting up, the left spotlight just kinda jiggles and doesn't really move, there was mention of checking a screw to tighten before replacing the servos as a possible fix, which screw are people talking about?

Its in the middle of the spotlight, on the side that holds the spotlight in the assembly. There is a nut on the other side of the screw you'll have to hold.

I've got upgraded spotlight assembly just in case you need one

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “this is the official GNR Spotlight assembly upgrade kit - Upgrade the assemblies on both spotlights with this kit. I had these imported from Germany @ pinball universe. They don'...”
2022-04-28
Nashville, TN
110 (Firm)
Archived after: 31 days
Viewed: 382 times

#21085 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

Hi - I'm brand new here so take everything I say with a grain of salt. But on my SE, my understanding is that it (virtually) locks every second ball that I hit up the left ramp. In theory, if I were to hit twelve balls up that ramp, it would automatically start Song Mode for me - though I've never made it that far without entering Song Mode on my own.
As an aside, just wanted to say hey to everyone here. This SE is my very first pin, and I've only had it for a few weeks so far. There's been TONS of super valuable information in this thread, so a big thank you to anyone who's contributed so far. I've learned so much about my machine and I still feel like I have only scraped the surface...

Welcome! I got to imagine that you have to still qualify band members before locking balls? So you can't just hit the ramp 12 times in a row. You have to hit the band member shots first. At least that's how it is on the LE, not sure about the rules on an SE.

#21086 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Welcome! I got to imagine that you have to still qualify band members before locking balls? So you can't just hit the ramp 12 times in a row. You have to hit the band member shots first. At least that's how it is on the LE, not sure about the rules on an SE.

You're right. This site calls the SE a Pro.
http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

After a band member has been collected, a ball can be locked either at the lock shot (LE) or by shooting the left ramp twice (Pro). Locking all 6 balls will start the currently selected song automatically, so be careful. The number of locked balls increases your song’s starting value and increases the song ball save time.

#21087 1 year ago

Hey everyone. First time pinball owner here. My LE will deliver in May, and I am super psyched! Needless to say, as a first time pinball machine owner I feel a little in over my head with this incredibly complicated, but beautiful beast of a machine. Thank you to all who have contributed info, fixes, tips, and opinions. As GnR is my absolute fav band I don't think I will have a problem loving the machine past the honeymoon phase. I suppose I just wanted any advice for initial set-up, etc...I have watched some unboxing videos on youtube and have the tools needed. However, I would like to make any key adjustments to the machine before really letting her rip (ex: flipper coil tension and adult settings). Are there any other more refined settings to change/adjust to optimize my experience? Thanks, in advance, apologies if this has already been covered to death.

#21088 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Let's just filter your posts with key words "band frenzy" and there's a plethora of great info there... thx-skb
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tq=band+frenzy&tu=eskaybee

Keypost that post. Hahahaha

#21089 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

You have to get the band members to start a song. Locking balls is only good for a song so if you don't get the members you don't get a song and can't use the locked balls.

I'm a PROUD SE owner as well and find it to be a far superior and much more fun game than the flow interrupting, problem laiden LE (looking at you servos and diverters). but I'm in the minority.

If you're on scorbit be sure to look me up.

#21090 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You're right. This site calls the SE a Pro.
http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803
After a band member has been collected, a ball can be locked either at the lock shot (LE) or by shooting the left ramp twice (Pro). Locking all 6 balls will start the currently selected song automatically, so be careful. The number of locked balls increases your song’s starting value and increases the song ball save time.

Really? If you just jame the left ramp 12 times it'll start a song?

Not sure this has ever happened to me and I'll need proof. Bahaha

#21091 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

Hey everyone. First time pinball owner here. My LE will deliver in May, and I am super psyched! Needless to say, as a first time pinball machine owner I feel a little in over my head with this incredibly complicated, but beautiful beast of a machine. Thank you to all who have contributed info, fixes, tips, and opinions. As GnR is my absolute fav band I don't think I will have a problem loving the machine past the honeymoon phase. I suppose I just wanted any advice for initial set-up, etc...I have watched some unboxing videos on youtube and have the tools needed. However, I would like to make any key adjustments to the machine before really letting her rip (ex: flipper coil tension and adult settings). Are there any other more refined settings to change/adjust to optimize my experience? Thanks, in advance, apologies if this has already been covered to death.

Received my new LE a few weeks ago. First NIB. Have a host of upgrades from topper, monkeymod, art blades, flipper coolers, pinwoofer, etc.

My recommendation. Just enjoy it for a few days. Play it. Let others play it. Try as many songs as you can and see the variation in the light shows. There is always time to make changes.

You will quickly see if there are things that need immediate attention that affect gameplay.

I added the felt to the pop bumper for the ball hang up and added the washers to the center scoop after a week when it was ejecting SDTM.

I have also been dealing with a right spotlight issue with JJP. Fix in the meantime is to unplug it and keep playing.

There are many more here on pinside who have probably unboxed many more NIB and perhaps that feeling is dulled.

For me, still in the honeymoon and enjoying it.

#21092 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

You may want to check out this thread. Although mod centric, there are tweaks in that thread as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mods-for-gnr-le

#21093 1 year ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Received my new LE a few weeks ago. First NIB. Have a host of upgrades from topper, monkeymod, art blades, flipper coolers, pinwoofer, etc.
My recommendation. Just enjoy it for a few days. Play it. Let others play it. Try as many songs as you can and see the variation in the light shows. There is always time to make changes.
You will quickly see if there are things that need immediate attention that affect gameplay.
I added the felt to the pop bumper for the ball hang up and added the washers to the center scoop after a week when it was ejecting SDTM.
I have also been dealing with a right spotlight issue with JJP. Fix in the meantime is to unplug it and keep playing.
There are many more here on pinside who have probably unboxed many more NIB and perhaps that feeling is dulled.
For me, still in the honeymoon and enjoying it.

All great advice. I concur.
My first pin. Nov 17. Honeymoon is still going strong! Maybe being in a monogamous relationship helps. I'm a one pin kind of guy.

So, now I'm reminiscing... I was busy the first few weeks after arrival playing it and it seemed like I was pulling the glass just as much. Sometimes multiple times a day. Minor stuff but frequent and also installing mods that I'd been collecting while I waited 11 months from order to delivery..

The first months were a steep learning curve being my first pin. I'm still considering myself a newb and as a newb, have now racked up about 1000 plays has me knowing someday soon I'll be staring at my first flipper rebuild, I'm honestly paralyzed thinking about that day .... There's a good laugh for the vets on here... but all Good times.

I never realized after I got this pin that I would enjoy learning about it, maintaining it and installing mods as much as I do playing. It's an amazing creation by JJP, a company I'd never even heard of until the news article of GnR Pinball came across my phone feed the night of December 30, 2020.
I thought what? A new GnR Pinball machine? DE GnR was my favorite back in the day in this bar I hung out at. Rolls of quarters and beers. Anyway....
So I watched the JJP GnR promo 3 times, ( what a production that was!), googled the company and put a grand deposit down on the spot .. all nieve with no concept or knowledge of the pinball hobby.
these were just things in game rooms and bars to me... As such, I was incorrectly expecting to get my game probably the next couple weeks after order. Imagine my surprise when I called that week after no communication from JJP and was told it would be months, like summer!

The wait is what caused me to discover pinside and immerse myself realizing what I was getting myself into, learning and participating along side everyone's else who also was waiting for that email/call about shipping dates. We were all living vicariously through those "lucky" ones who already had their game.

Now deep within the Stabilization phase comes the plateau of just play play play sprinkled with wear and tear cleaning, occasional maintenance (both scheduled and unscheduled), and, as always, mo' mods.

Looking back the delay was a blessing and the wait was totally worth it. I've had no major playfield drama, thankfully, and not sure I would have been the right guy with no experience to pioneer through it all and come out of it with my marriage intact. So I think I was given no more than I could handle.

Congrats to everyone getting this pin. It's a masterpiece to me, and I owe so much to my comrades here on pinside that gave me the help, shared their knowledge for the billionth time and instilled the confidence in me to get where I am today. You know who you are! My reminiscing post finishes as a post of gratitude.

V

#21094 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

You're welcome. We'll look into a few things tomorrow after I got logged in.

Hope you're ready for the next round.

Received replacement right spotlight assembly (last week), servo cable harness (today), and playfield controller (today).

Ran EVERY permutation twice and unfortunately, none of the combinations had the right spotlight behaving correctly during diagnostics or gameplay.

#21095 1 year ago

After reaching a satisfying score position a few weeks ago, I had to take a little time away from GNR. The reason was to play some of my other games since I’m way beyond capacity and need to part with one or more, and not sure what to let go of. Want to keep them all but it’s getting ridiculous.

After my hiatus, I am rusty. And when I am rusty I get frustrated, and a little rough with the game…. and then Duff insults me. More than once. It’s glorious. Such a great game. Probably time to hit it heavy again.

#21096 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

After reaching a satisfying score position a few weeks ago, I had to take a little time away from GNR. The reason was to play some of my other games since I’m way beyond capacity and need to part with one or more, and not sure what to let go of. Want to keep them all but it’s getting ridiculous.
After my hiatus, I am rusty. And when I am rusty I get frustrated, and a little rough with the game…. and then Duff insults me. More than once. It’s glorious. Such a great game. Probably time to hit it heavy again.

I also took a break from my GnR recently. I felt like I was neglecting my other pins also plus I just added a Mando pro last week so I’ve been playing that lately. So today I decided it’s time to crank GnR back up and blow up a song or two…but it just kicked my A** and laughed at me . Tomorrow I’m going to just try playing the mini wizard modes(they’re pretty fun but missing that big payoff feeling)instead of skipping them to just try for crazy point songs. This pin really takes my emotions on a roller coaster ride…one minute I’m on top of the world and the next minute I’m telling myself this pin is getting kicked out of my house lol. I think that’s why I really enjoy GnR…even after a day when it has its way with me.

#21097 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I felt like I was neglecting my other pins

Couldn’t agree more! I remember being elated with LOTR, Champion Pub, always wanted a TOM and got one 2 weeks ago… Plus the rest of my collection. But there’s still no comparison. I’d play GNR all day every day if it weren’t for feeling bad for the other games, cause they’re pretty decent too, just not next level like GNR. It’s incredibly difficult to walk by it to play something else. Part of the issue was also cause while waiting for GNR to arrive, I picked up 10 other pins. So they all need some quality time.

Both games I squeezed in on GNR last night didn’t even top 4 million. Usually I do a best of 3 at the least, but my wife needed a super jackpot so I quit early.

#21098 1 year ago

I seem to notice a trend that the harder I try often the worse I do. My GC happened without any deep effort in strategy or patches and I was just in the zone and things went my way. It was one of the most fun games out of many. I incorporate what I know when I can but get punished for being greedy or focused on the wrong thing especially in critical thinking and timing situations ( i.e. trying to hit the center of the fuse for the triple jackpot and draining multiple balls in the process due to taking my focus off the game for that split second, or working through changing patches during game play instead of using key down moments to select rewarded again with drains) .. it's a lot to think about and lots of options and variation... Which is why I often just play to play when I'm trying too hard and suddenly I find I'm on the top 8 scoreboard. Depends on my mood or if I've been tending to notice I'm stuck in a rut doing the same things I'll break it up to change the experience. Free play is really fun to me.
The game always feel different even though you're still working within the framework of the rules.
Love hearing about everyone's journey with this game!

#21099 1 year ago

I appreciate all of the people who responded to my messages about that stubborn molex connector. I eventually got it apart after a LOT of wiggling and pulling. Was able to get all of my under-the-upper-pf maintenance completed without much issue.

However, after cleaning up excess wax, I found this screw in the bottom of my cabinet toward the back. Any idea what this might be from? I can't find any similar screws anywhere else under the playfield so maybe I'm not looking in the right spot.

mysteryscrew001 (resized).jpgmysteryscrew001 (resized).jpg
#21100 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

I appreciate all of the people who responded to my messages about that stubborn molex connector. I eventually got it apart after a LOT of wiggling and pulling. Was able to get all of my under-the-upper-pf maintenance completed without much issue.
However, after cleaning up excess wax, I found this screw in the bottom of my cabinet toward the back. Any idea what this might be from? I can't find any similar screws anywhere else under the playfield so maybe I'm not looking in the right spot.[quoted image]

Looks like a screw that would go in one of the control boards, maybe the LED board in the bottom left side?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,800 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 422 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/422 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.