Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 379 of 560.
#18901 2 years ago

Anyone interested in a fresh game off the line PM me. I have some coming next week from JJP. I can drop ship one right from the factory.

#18902 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This raises another question I've been wondering... You can wait for the revolver to spin and reveal the mystery or you can press both flipper buttons and speed it up .. is there any strategy there? Is it better to wait or is there some level of choosing blind with the flippers?

Like most games, the award is decided as soon as you hit the scoop. The animation is just for fun.

#18903 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Like most games, the award is decided as soon as you hit the scoop. The animation is just for fun.

Thanks. Can't hit the Double flippers fast enough then

#18904 2 years ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

Anyone interested in a fresh game off the line PM me. I have some coming next week from JJP. I can drop ship one right from the factory.

Gary’s always taken care of me on my JJPs, he’s great to deal with!

#18905 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks. Can't hit the Double flippers fast enough then
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"05482d9b70e55417d4decdfb37fe34a76ad7acbd-1640913977-1800"};
//]]>

I love the mystery animation and appreciate the way that it is integrated into the game.
Its nicely done

#18906 2 years ago

Gary is an excellent distributor.

#18907 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I love the mystery animation and appreciate the way that it is integrated into the game.
Its nicely done

Agreed. It does make for a nice break sometimes, but other times I'm ready to move on and hit both flippers, to skip it and collect.

#18908 2 years ago

Would love to, but I already committed to a JJP direct order with a non-refundable deposit

At least this means JJP is still cranking these machines out the door despite omicron and every other global production nightmare.

#18909 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Would love to, but I already committed to a JJP direct order with a non-refundable deposit
At least this means JJP is still cranking these machines out the door despite omicron and every other global production nightmare.

They have stated they bought a lot of parts in advance of the launch so in a much better spot then if it was a new pin today. You'll get yours next month in January! 11 months is the magic number. Email Jen and ask her, she knows.

#18910 2 years ago

I picked up a GNR LE a couple weeks ago. Shoots nicer than I expected...really like the flow of the travel shots. Repeating the inner loop is really fun, but was surprised by the absence of any "combo" rewards or recognition. For me, part of the coolness of combos (aside from points) is having the machine recognize that you've done something cool. Oh well. My other big beef with the game is the arcane scoring. I just had a huge ball on Chinese Democracy and received very little points for my trouble. I noticed a 1.7M song jackpot, but I guess I failed to make the center shoot and it disappeared? Hopefully the scoring can be made more balanced. If you keep the ball in play and are consistently nailing shots, the score should reflect that. I've been playing a lot of Rick and Morty and it is MUCH more balanced in terms of scoring (and the objectives are clear).

#18911 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I picked up a GNR LE a couple weeks ago. Shoots nicer than I expected...really like the flow of the travel shots. Repeating the inner loop is really fun, but was surprised by the absence of any "combo" rewards or recognition. For me, part of the coolness of combos (aside from points) is having the machine recognize that you've done something cool. Oh well. My other big beef with the game is the arcane scoring. I just had a huge ball on Chinese Democracy and received very little points for my trouble. I noticed a 1.7M song jackpot, but I guess I failed to make the center shoot and it disappeared? Hopefully the scoring can be made more balanced. If you keep the ball in play and are consistently nailing shots, the score should reflect that. I've been playing a lot of Rick and Morty and it is MUCH more balanced in terms of scoring (and the objectives are clear).

The game requires rules knowledge.

High scores don't just happen if you keep a ball in play making shots. You control song value and how lucrative the shots can be.

You need to set up songs with the right patches and play the 2 ball multiballs in advance of starting songs to maximize your jackpots and increase your scores.

This is something I still need to learn as well.

#18912 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The game requires rules knowledge.
High scores don't just happen if you keep a ball in play making shots. You control song value and how lucrative the shots can be.
You need to set up songs with the right patches and play the 2 ball multiballs in advance of starting songs to maximize your jackpots and increase your scores.
This is something I still need to learn as well.

I'm aware...I've watched a YouTube tutorial and glanced at the rule sheet online several times. I've also owned many games and have played a lot of pinball over the years. That said, the rules are IMHO too subtle/ornate. Even when I've maxed out most of the "booster" MB's and had a damn good run, the score doesn't move much. Hopefully they can add some balance to the rules or make it more obvious without getting a PhD in GNR.

#18913 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm aware...I've watched a YouTube tutorial and glanced at the rule sheet online several times. I've also owned many games and have played a lot of pinball over the years. That said, the rules are IMHO too subtle/ornate. Even when I've maxed out most of the "booster" MB's and had a damn good run, the score doesn't move much. Hopefully they can add some balance to the rules or make it more obvious without getting a PhD in GNR.

You need to spend some time with the patches and patch sets. They basically work like the perks on Star Wars on steroids.

#18914 2 years ago

An hour and a half to midnight here. Shared a bottle of champagne and a doobie with the Mrs after dinner, and decided to have one last game for 2021. Only got about 10 mil or so, but it was such a fantastic experience, I’m really finding it hard to believe a better game/package will ever exist
Happy new year to everyone, this is by far
One of my fav threads on pinside.
Enjoy your games and in the famous words of lead designer, “Rock on”

AB079F63-C3D0-4F3B-BBD4-860A415DB203 (resized).jpegAB079F63-C3D0-4F3B-BBD4-860A415DB203 (resized).jpeg
#18915 2 years ago

Happy new year Pinheads.
May all you ball playtimes be long and your song jackpots grand.

Screenshot_20211231-213719_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211231-213719_Facebook (resized).jpg
#18916 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Have you started 'on the road'? Hit enough loops and you will start that mode and you need to combo loop shots to progress. Loops also help increase your song jackpots as you collect special band member items.

#18917 2 years ago

Hi All,

Just thought i'd share my progress with the flakey guitar lock sensors. I seem to have rectified the issue, without fixing the problem.
Long story short, after taking in upper playfield off and on multiple times with the game both on and off and getting different results each time, by chance i noticed as i loosened the upper playfield (with the game on) it all came good.

So essentially if i screwed the playfield in super snug it was putting pressure on a connector disabling the guitar lock sensors, loosening the front most screw (guitar head) by 1 revolution!!!! to just snug released the pressure enough to work properly.

So its a connector issue

#18918 2 years ago

I have the Sven speaker kit installed on my game and every single time I hit the upper vuk the ball gets stuck between the diverter and the bottom of the amp piece
Does this happen to anyone else and what is the solution?
Here is what mine looks like

51C3E69A-D2E4-4D4B-94A6-5DC668483353 (resized).jpeg51C3E69A-D2E4-4D4B-94A6-5DC668483353 (resized).jpegCFF5374A-E917-4658-BF3F-003C567A1F41 (resized).jpegCFF5374A-E917-4658-BF3F-003C567A1F41 (resized).jpeg
#18919 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have the Sven speaker kit installed on my game and every single time I hit the upper vuk the ball gets stuck between the diverter and the bottom of the amp piece
[quoted image][quoted image]

Remove it?

#18920 2 years ago

That’s the only piece I care about in the set. The standard ball exit up there is bloody ugly

#18921 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My dad's got the Lior mod version which is very similar. We elevated it off of the playfield about one cm and angled it back a little to give the ball room to move through. The way it's held in place is with a small stack of alien tape to the vuk hood.

#18922 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

That’s the only piece I care about in the set. The standard ball exit up there is bloody ugly

Well it looks like a major design flaw to me with that stucky ball it creates.

#18923 2 years ago

pinball_keefer man your code is solid and I really enjoy its non linear scoring construction.
Its refreshing and a great change from "the norm"
Truly is very rewarding to go in with different strategies make a great score.

I think this has been asked before ? Please give a 1 or 2 second grace to get applause jackpot to register.
Totally devastated today to get ripped off on a 44 mill My Michelle jackpot, I made the scoop right as the timer hit zero.
Similar has happened on a few occasions now.
This game is still rockin hard.

#18924 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

11 months has been the magic number in many cases. I'm guessing there is a lost couple weeks or more during these holidays.
Another question for those of you who used distributors... Did you pay any sales tax?

Yes. Paid sales tax.

Quoted from RA77:

pinball_keefer man your code is solid and I really enjoy its non linear scoring construction.
Its refreshing and a great change from "the norm"
Truly is very rewarding to go in with different strategies make a great score.
I think this has been asked before ? Please give a 1 or 2 second grace to get applause jackpot to register.
Totally devastated today to get ripped off on a 44 mill My Michelle jackpot, I made the scoop right as the timer hit zero.
Similar has happened on a few occasions now.
This game is still rockin hard.

Agree. It should be like Basketball. A shot that has left your flipper and goes in should count.

#18925 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Quoted from zaphX:

Well it looks like a major design flaw to me with that stucky ball it creates.

Dozens have this mod including me. Only his does this .. is that spinner to tight?

Quoted from holminone:

Yes. Paid sales tax.

Out of state is no sales tax... That appears to be the magic answer here for anyone who wants to save. Order from out of state distributor or jjp direct. Or have your distributor sell it to your mom in another state and you can hold it for her.

#18926 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have this kit too and never had that issue. I wonder if the angle how you have it installed and how far down it is pressed might make a difference. I think even 1-2mm could do the trick. Here’s a photo I had of mine (above) and yours (below). They’re not the exact same view but judging by the top of the amp I wonder if yours is pressed down just a bit more and perhaps angled forward slightly more too?

B2E4B02C-5821-4F49-9CD7-5F8157046E72 (resized).pngB2E4B02C-5821-4F49-9CD7-5F8157046E72 (resized).pngB501FABF-01C7-4FBA-9B9C-F46AC11D751C (resized).pngB501FABF-01C7-4FBA-9B9C-F46AC11D751C (resized).png
#18927 2 years ago

Putting an amp on the neck of the guitar makes no sense to me, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#18928 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What is the metal thing it's covering have to do with a guitar or the theme either? At least this mod is theme oriented and makes a lot of people who own the pin happy... Usually your comments are on point but these are pushing a little hard appearing to demote individuality and clone yourself. . It's a new year, don't start off on this foot, do better.

#18929 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What are you talking about ? the amp goes in front of the guitar . Look at the pictures , it is nowhere near the neck of the guitar

#18930 2 years ago

Point of order, for the record, it's a bass.

Edit.. Technically a bass GUITAR, so I guess it's generally accurate. Objection overruled.

#18931 2 years ago

FWIW I was having this issue, and it was not pressed BACK far enough (it was when I initially installed it, but worked its way forwards probably due to gravity/vibrations and having balls hit the front).

I moved it back and then used some clear gorilla tape to keep the rear parts pressed "together" squeezing the chute. No problems since. Probably a lot of ways to solve this problem.

#18932 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

At the beginning, I also had a bullet in the same place from time to time.
First check that the rear left clamp goes around the entire scoop (see photo of RoadQueen).
Then I have the lower left narrow side inside minimally removed with a cutter, since then everything okay.

#18933 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

FWIW I was having this issue, and it was not pressed BACK far enough (it was when I initially installed it, but worked its way forwards probably due to gravity/vibrations and having balls hit the front).
I moved it back and then used some clear gorilla tape to keep the rear parts pressed "together" squeezing the chute. No problems since. Probably a lot of ways to solve this problem.

This may be it.. You made me recall that mine also moved forward a bit after I first installed it. I didn't have any balls hanging up, but I just noticed it was crooked.
I think it's because I was lazy and didn't loosen the screw on the left side cause it was a little harder to get to. I cheated and just loosened the one on the right side and then kind of pushed it back on the left side.
It worked its way forward and so I learned why not to cheat on the install. I loosened up the left nut and slit it back more on the left side and it hasn't caused any problems for me.

#18934 2 years ago

Happy New Year everyone!

163335F8-23BF-4E62-9C84-DECC07753566 (resized).jpeg163335F8-23BF-4E62-9C84-DECC07753566 (resized).jpeg
#18935 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Happy New Year everyone!
[quoted image]

Why is it off? jk
Happy New Year!

#18936 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Why is it off? jk
Happy New Year!

that’s the way I found it cleaning up today.. the aftermath!

#18937 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

What is the metal thing it's covering have to do with a guitar or the theme either? At least this mod is theme oriented and makes a lot of people who own the pin happy... Usually your comments are on point but these are pushing a little hard appearing to demote individuality and clone yourself. . It's a new year, don't start off on this foot, do better.

So one can’t call out bad taste? I call bad taste the mod is hideous IMO. If it was “Marshall” branded I’d maybe feel different. More is more. Not always better. I think he’s raising a valid question, not unlike say when my wife calls me out for a hideous outfit before I leave the house. I for one am appreciative of the feedback.

But if it makes you happy it’s all good. But my first reaction was vomit too. Doesn’t make me a bad person.

#18938 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

So one can’t call out bad taste? I call bad taste the mod is hideous IMO. If it was “Marshall” branded I’d maybe feel different. More is more. Not always better. I think he’s raising a valid question, not unlike say when my wife calls me out for a hideous outfit before I leave the house. I for one am appreciative of the feedback.
But if it makes you happy it’s all good. But my first reaction was vomit too. Doesn’t make me a bad person.

Well at this stage in your life, if you can’t even dress yourself appropriately, I don’t think your opinion on how others should dress up their machines holds a whole lot of weight.

#18939 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Well at this stage in your life, if you can’t even dress yourself appropriately, I don’t think your opinion on how others should dress up their machines holds a whole lot of weight.

So serious question. What do you like about the mod? The angled control panel? The white colored mesh? Or the size of the holes in the mesh? Or the giant cutout rectangle within the giant white mesh? Or that it is logically placed above the tuning head? Cause I hate all of those thing about it. You buy a mod like that I bet you get a free bowl of soup with it.

I’ll take the blue tape (arguably passable as guitar strap) and pinball diverter on the grounds of functional purpose. But hey it’s a mod so most be good.

#18940 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Couldn't agree more (about the mod being hideous). More important than aesthetics is the mod apparently effecting gameplay. It's odd that people install mods and then whine about the ball is getting stuck! If you can't figure out how to install/modify a mod to get it to play well with your game, remove it!

#18941 2 years ago

Does anyone know the size of the four screws used to attach the upper playfield?

#18942 2 years ago

Hey guys i had a rubber break off. Does anyone have a rubber list for GNR LE. Also in the meantime i have a slightly bigger rubber i can use for the meantime. My next question is does the whole guitar neck have to come off to be able to put the rubber on?

IMG_4227 (resized).JPGIMG_4227 (resized).JPGIMG_E4226 (resized).JPGIMG_E4226 (resized).JPG
#18943 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

So serious question. What do you like about the mod? The angled control panel? The white colored mesh? Or the size of the holes in the mesh? Or the giant cutout rectangle within the giant white mesh? Or that it is logically placed above the tuning head? Cause I hate all of those thing about it. You buy a mod like that I bet you get a free bowl of soup with it.
I’ll take the blue tape (arguably passable as guitar strap) and pinball diverter on the grounds of functional purpose. But hey it’s a mod so most be good.

Ok, serious answer. I think both this amp mod as well as Lior’s amp mod are very nice imitations of an iconic Fender amp. Including the angled control panel, white colored mesh and size of holes in the mesh. Too bad there’s no “Fender” written on it but I’m sure that could bring copyright trouble. Anyway, to me a Fender amp placed next to the Fender bass in the backstage looks pretty good and fitting so I bought it. Also never had a stuck ball so I don’t think there’s a design flaw, just fine tuning the installation. Other mods that I don’t like I just don’t buy them.

DB2066F2-6402-4BDF-B490-3CC345338351 (resized).jpegDB2066F2-6402-4BDF-B490-3CC345338351 (resized).jpeg
#18944 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Does anyone know the size of the four screws used to attach the upper playfield?

The 4 screw heads are all 1/4" size. Not sure about the other details.

#18945 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys i had a rubber break off. Does anyone have a rubber list for GNR LE. Also in the meantime i have a slightly bigger rubber i can use for the meantime. My next question is does the whole guitar neck have to come off to be able to put the rubber on?

Ya, top field has to come off and go with bigger rings. No reason for the tight ones jjp installed. Do both while you have it off.

#18946 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Yah just did mine, it busted too. I put the same size ring JJP had, but in hindsight I would go a bit loose as that ring is super tight and also causing pooling under those posts because of the constant tension. While I was there I placed some petg washers. It’s a big process to change a rubber but it is what it is.

Also the amp mod is super cool. They hate us cause they ain’t us.

#18947 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Pretty sure it's going to be the 1 1/2" I.D. ring you need there. The only other large rings on the game are 2 1/4" I.D.

I don't think you need to remove the whole upper playfield. See this post for a quicker, easier way to get in without removing the whole upper playfield or cutting wire ties & etc.

You should be able to get in to that gate where you need the rubber and back out in under 30 minutes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/375#post-6671996

#18948 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

The girl next door might like your outfit. Doesn't make her wrong either.

#18949 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Couldn't agree more (about the mod being hideous). More important than aesthetics is the mod apparently effecting gameplay. It's odd that people install mods and then whine about the ball is getting stuck! If you can't figure out how to install/modify a mod to get it to play well with your game, remove it!

It's very solvable like all the issues.

#18950 2 years ago

Finally closed out a jockpot and set high score #6 (it's been a while) With a new call out I've never heard before. " Alright, high score. Time to jerk off to some porno "

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hazard, KY
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 379 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/379 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.