D0F70121-D7CF-4434-8BBE-BBBD62BE568A (resized).jpeg
4428FDAC-5A72-4615-B74D-A274E496411D (resized).jpeg
567DC44A-3FBC-4CCA-9B13-A6EFE48BCBFB (resized).jpeg
50418509-418C-48A3-9CEA-85EF93D8EAEA (resized).jpeg
D08E6FC5-FAE5-4154-A6F7-248D141D11F8 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20220123_160533658 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220123_160556385 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

62 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (1 year ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (1 year ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (1 year ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (1 year ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (1 year ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (1 year ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (12 months ago)

Post #5335 Raised small circle inserts on the continents on new playfield Posted by tmfeuerh (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

555 posts in this topic match your search for posts by zaphx. You are on page 1 of 3.
#531 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hate to say this, but man....you've just gotta stop. I swear, every GNR thread I open, there you are again. Saying the same shit over and over.
I'm aware you didn't order a game. So, I see some new posts in the GNR OWNER'S thread so I open it up. I'm excited to see what's going on. And then BOOM! There you are....again. It's like herpes....but slightly more annoying. It just won't go away....
And why post this negative stuff about the game in here? The amount of negativity from you and a handful of others is truly amazing. This is an OWNERS thread. Guys here are excited. I have a CE on order that I'm stoked to get. Why on earth do you need to post crap in here. It's such a buzz kill.
This game looks crazy awesome. At the end of the day though, it's just a damn pinball machine man. JJP made this game how they want. Maybe it's multi-ball heavy. Maybe it's with the video of the current line-up and what this band looks like today. That's how they wanted to make it. If you don't like heavy multiball or the current line-up, then don't buy the damn game. Honestly though, nobody really cares what you do. Nobody.
You and the other few that think so highly of your own opinions should open your own thread. Call it something like "Shit we don't like about JJP GNR and other opinions nobody actually wants to hear". Then I can just drain that thread and get excited over this game.
This game is going to fucking rock. I'm so psyched to see JJP and Eric do something like this. And to have Slash and the others with Guns put so much effort into this is truly amazing. Good on them. Bravo to all involved.
One last thing. We ALL know you think the LE art is better. We get it. Just.....just stop.

*slow clap*

#559 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Eh, they could have just left that area blank, instead there's a cool easter egg for people who get into the guts. I love it.
The artist might not have realized it would be covered up too, it can be hard to know sometimes depending on how much access to a physical game they had. I know there's some art on Alien I spent time on and later realized nobody would ever see unless they took the game apart.
I had exactly zero physical access though, so it can depend. First time I ever saw a printed playfield was at Expo on the prototype games.
I can tell you this: doing a playfield isn't the easiest job. It's like doing a big poster, combined with a user interface, where everything you do is dictated by the placement of 3D objects that you have no control over and might obscure anything from any angle.
I'm really impressed with the GNR playfield personally. Very solid from a technical drawing standpoint, but also just very balanced with how it fits the space and the inserts etc. It's not minimalist in any way, but it doesn't feel too busy either.
Has anyone heard who the artist is? Be nice if they got credit for the great work.

I'm guessing the coma lock move to CE was undecided at the time the art was drawn up.

#783 1 year ago

Wonka CE also different.

#796 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm holding out for the drum stick protectors...

I believe they are already protected, pinball_keefer mentioned something in a stream about it.

#870 1 year ago
Quoted from shokel328:

Does the game come with a printed manual? The other day I went through wonka on jjps website and out of the blue saw somewhere that only the CE came with a printed manual.

Wonka CE did not come with a printed manual.

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Just so everyone else doesn’t have to look in the other thread. Location game in Madison,WI
[quoted image]

Pay attention to me!

#944 1 year ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Haha it’s your money!

I'll think of you when I play my CE!

#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

How's this for a combo? Son-in-law showed me this for his birthday.
[quoted image]

No cameras, no recorders! Ha! They lost that battle.

#1312 1 year ago

I love a good fix story! Well done!

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I was wondering how you would have got a machine so quick .
Obviously an early one and hopefully not one with the new super duper spectrum clear coat .

The new Mirco clear is not called “spectrum clear coat.” He was demoing it on a playfield for a game called “Spectrum.”
Pass it on.

#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Should come with a sleeve. Just trying to save you a few bucks and back flipping fast if coil is fine. I had this happen on TAF and fished it out without replacing the coil. If you have extra sleeves around - just a thought.
[quoted image]

I keep a bag of them around. Changing them around 2500 plays keeps the flippers snappy, to me.

1 week later
#2105 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

20%-30% refund

I'm curious where you came up with this figure?

Consider that POTC - a game now infamous for playfield issues - generally sells for 150% of MSRP.

I mean, that's not apples to apples, only 1000 POTC were made etc. But I'm just saying that the chipping is not easily quantifiable into a resale hit. It depends on the popularity and availability, etc.

#2111 1 year ago

You know...a blank playfield isn't exactly nothing. It takes a lot of work to cut those things, hammer in the inserts, clear it multiple times.

It has some value.

#2149 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Very interesting. I imagine one could trim those down to fit the metal posts. Maybe?

They come in two sizes of which would work fine on the metal posts. However, they specifically state the washers are not designed for this.

Probably because the metal-on-silicone might wear faster, I dunno.

#2207 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

coil stop just flew off the right flipper. When I try to screw it back on the flipper mech becomes sticky/has too much resistance to move.. What am I doing wrong?

I would review this video first, it will help you understand everything there is to know about flippers

#2270 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you guys think JJP is applying this to current and future built games? Or should I plan on ordering a bottle of loctite?

It's not a bad idea to have on hand anyway. Screws fall out all the time, the world's an imperfect place.

Get the blue loctite though, some of the other colors are pretty much permanent.

#2311 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry to have brought up the looks and comparing vs the CE. I'm even bored of that topic (a modded LE is nicer IMO). I want to see more pics and new owner updates!

Eh, as you say it's subjective. I'm a huge fan of Radcals so I'm excited to see the mirrored ones on the CE.

It's a bit painful to sit on the sidelines waiting for it while everyone else is enjoying their games.

#2412 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Let's get those LEs going jjp.

You misspelled "CEs"

All of us are eager to experience this game.

#2501 1 year ago

This really isn't a debate - if you like the way the red rubbers play, buy spares and keep them on hand. If you want them to last longer, put Titans on.

I personally keep a stash of both on hand but find that Titans are what I like to run most of the time.

#2506 1 year ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

So if you like defective red rubbers you should keep a bag of them and replace them every day?

They aren't done just because they have some wear. I generally change flipper rubbers if they break, or the chunk out of the tip gets really deep. You can turn them too if you want to extend them.

This is not a game or manufacturer specific issue, these types of rubbers have a tradeoff between bounce and tread life.

#2507 1 year ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

We use Red flipper rubbers on most of our games and get about 6 months of life out of them which is 3k+ plays. These rubbers seem to be defective. Our last batch from Marco specialties had this issue.

Ah. That would be news to me if there's a batch that are more prone to wear than usual. I was just speaking on red rubbers in general.

1 month later
#3709 1 year ago

Man that Illusion Cinnamon looks amazing up close doesn't it?

#3711 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No, but the Brick Red looks fantastic.

I thought the LE powder coat was Illusion Cinnamon? Pretty sure I heard that from JJP.

#3716 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It’s an old thread joke, but pretty sure in the sales flyer they call it Brick Red. Someone on here was all bent out of shape because the red armor didn’t match the light show.
[quoted image]

That's pretty funny. I don't have any pins whose armor matches the light show, nor would I ever expect it to!

#3926 1 year ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

Is the rubber on your flippers falling apart?
Where do I get replacements and is there a different kind I should get? I've had my Iron Maiden since April and they still look new. I've had the GNR for 10 days, home use only. Also, where do I buy the clear-ish white rubber pieces. I noted one was missing but the machine only came with the larger size. You can see that I put it on the pin on the right side of the picture, but it is too big.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very normal for red rubber to wear. Consider titanpinball.com for longer lasting replacements.

1 week later
#4180 1 year ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Its a chunk missing and it's not holding clear.

The "good" news is that upper playfields are -usually- not too expensive. I think POTC was $99.
Playfield swapping a mini playfield is not too daunting.

Not saying yours is ok, just saying that your absolute worst case scenario is not too terrible.

#4250 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Karl is a great player and his streams are direct video and audio capture. The best stream quality out there. Worth watching.
Merry Christmas all!

Could not agree more, he's one of the best! I want to watch but I also want to save discovery and secrets for myself.
Hopefully the CE will happen next month.

1 week later
#4451 1 year ago
Quoted from killborn:

I suppose most of us will have to live vicariously through Karl and his twitch streams. Doing that right now in fact...

I love Karl's streams and look forward to watching them...after I get my game. I don't want to spoil the joy of discovery before my CE lands.

Hopefully not too much longer.

#4504 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball7:

Installed 1.08 and still experiencing resets

I had weird resets on POTC that took a long time to track down. Sometimes it would happen during gameplay, sometimes during bootup.

I found a reliable way to reproduce the problem by spamming the knocker in the coil test.
The root cause ended up being the PC power supply, I replaced it with a new one and the problem resolved.

If spamming the knocker causes a reset for you, maybe it's a similar fault.

3 weeks later
#5241 12 months ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I bought it and its heavy enough to stay on without sliding down. Looks great on the machine.

Our pinball room is also our media room, and we have blankets for cozying up with the dog watching movies and such.

Is the blanket a "pinball blanket" specifically, or would it be viable as a person blanket also?

#5248 12 months ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Anyone with tips on keeping the skill shot from going stdm? I've been tweaking the pass under bumper up, down etc. Not helping. Auto launch is almost always a goner.. Skill shots are 50/50

Try adding washers to the one-way gate in the shooter lane:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/37#post-6093869

This makes it ride lower and the ball will contact the pad instead of the edge, changing the trajectory slightly. I made this change to address a stuck ball and balls falling down through the one-way gate, but it may help your SDTM issue also. Easy, invisible, reversible fix.

#5277 12 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

OK I’m putting this out here once again not sure if there is enough GNRLE’s out in the world yet or if I am the only one having this issue but I have contacted support and so far we are hitting a brick wall. JJP has been very responsive though FYI as well as LTG.
This is not a huge deal but I would like it to connect for convenience for updates I know I can always get them manually from the website it doesn’t affect gameplay just looking for solutions.
I can’t seem to get it to connect to any network.
1. It sees my networks
2. I have plugged the dongle in to the board underneath the plastic cover and plugged it into the cable to the left of the coin box.
3. Password is correct
4. I’ve tried resetting my router multiple times.
5. Accepted the terms etc.
6. Signal strength is fantastic in the house.
It’s almost like something is unplugged somewhere? It’ll say reconnecting to network and then after about a minute gets disconnected again. Any ideas?[quoted image]

If you have an iPhone, try internet connection sharing from that - can the pin connect to that? If so, it may be a weird incompatibility with your router.

#5414 11 months ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Most JJP games suffer from the "flail in multiball for all your points" syndrome. Dialed In doesn't, but the others do.

I disagree, at least for Wonka. That game demands precision shots AND doing the right shots at the right times. Multiballs must be controlled via cradling or strategic drains or you just won't make your shots.

#5447 11 months ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Hey guys, I heard GNRs cabinet on the LE is almost semi Radcal-ish. It’s like it has a protective coating/shine to it. Is this true? Do we need flipper protectors or is this new decal tech anti-wear? Thoughts?

I found the Wonka SE decals similar, a really nice clear finish on them. We did not experience wear on them at 5000 plays when we sold.

#5579 11 months ago

Anyone have advice on SDTM from the left guitar neck release?

#5581 11 months ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I carefully bent(using a cloth on the metal and pliers) the left portion of the metal “platform” under the wood guitar headstock upward. I did this 6 weeks ago and have not had one SDTM from that left lock since. It feeds to the left flipper every time now. Others change the coil strength of that left lock release with varying degrees of success.

Ah. I got a suggestion to bend the left edge inward, which didn't do anything. I will try bending it a bit upward instead.

#5583 11 months ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I suppose I did bend it upward and sort of inward(towards the center). In order to make that left most edge bend upwards it naturally moves inward towards the center as well. I’m referring to placing the cloth on the bottom(floor) of the metal piece and bending it up and towards the center with the pliers attached sort of on the left edge of that bottom metal piece “platform”. That seemed to definitively guide the ball to bounce to the flipper after releasing and falling on to that platform first at the new angle. Good Luck!

It is counterintuitive that bending inward doesn't make it more_ SDTM-centric!

#5603 11 months ago

I only just realized that the POTC-style multiball stacking we love was brought forward into GNR during the pre-song stage.

POTC has the 5 colored banners that show totals when you lose the stack, then disappear.
Guns does the same with the 4 quadrants for lights, pyro, amp and crowd.

Now I’m going to focus on getting “sixes” (fours)!

#5619 11 months ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

CE arrived ... such an amazing game. But 8 games later, issue with the trough. Ball drains and the trough is not recognizing the drain. Can cycle through the ball trough test and every ball fires fine. Play 1 game, everything seems okay. 2nd game, same issue. No errors.
** Note, upon reboot Coma lock error is triggered. I would assume related?

Coma lock is likely a red herring, that fires if it doesn't see use in X games. I get it fairly frequently on my game despite Coma functioning perfectly.

#5635 11 months ago
Quoted from fastchef:

I’ve noticed the not in this lifetime insert not lit. I checked in the settings and still doesn’t light. Any thoughts?
[quoted image]

Mine lights up - I'd hit up support, might need a new board. Happens now and then.

#5674 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You're BUSTED!

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 9.55.51 AM (resized).png
#5683 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Too funny lol. As heavy as that game is I doubt the game moves much anyway.

Strange you mention it as we find it's one of the more difficult games to tilt. Even POTC is easier to tilt.

#5787 11 months ago

FYI the download part took well over an hour for me. Maybe closer to two hours though I wasn't monitoring it.
The install part was quicker and did not hang.

The default upper right flipper power is now 12 which is a lot lower than it was previously if I'm not mistaken. If you like playing "in spec" you'll want to make sure you're still at default there.

Currently running my lower flippers at default+1.

#5795 11 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Very interesting post on the POTC owners thread; states that JJP has 3000 GnRs back-ordered. This from Jack himself (supposedly). I had heard rumors that JJP sold around 3500 GnRs to date, and if there are 3000 in the queue, then 3500 in total sounds about right.

I hope they sell through the entire run of 5000 LEs!

#5850 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Only looking for a Le, maybe a se.

Trading POTC LE for GNR LE? That's leaving around 10K on the table. I'd push to trade for a GNR CE.

#5868 11 months ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Thanks for this report. We separately had a complaint about the update screen timing out (which our diag system does when the coin door is closed) which I just fixed today, but this other one had us mystified. We'll confirm tomorrow, and if so we've already fixed it.

Hardest working man in showbusiness!

#5924 11 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Where exactly is this resistor? Is it under the paper?[quoted image]

Yeah it's under the wrap, the baby bump. If you open it up please post pics, I'm curious what's under there.

#5929 11 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Before doing that, I would understand what that resister does. It’s gotta be there for a reason.
It could be okay, but make sure first.

It's listed in the manual as a thermal fuse.

#5956 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

What would cause my issue of flipper dropping when it's hit, is that a faulty coil winding on the eos bit or is it just another go at getting the switch adjusted better? can't play it and it's killing me.

Lift the playfield and examine the flipper mechs.
There may be a loose or fallen coil stop. Look for black hex screws and lock washers in the bottom of the cabinet to reattach if so.

#5995 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

So i'm just adjusting the blade wrong and that's making it bend again after a few games? Maybe i'm just the only one to have a switch that has a dodgy blade.
Just because the problem doesn't seem to be common doesn't mean it's not a problem if i can't play my game.

IIRC this video speaks to adjusting leaf switches, how to do it without bending and damaging them, etc.

#6015 11 months ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

Where do you guys have the top of the bubble on for pitch.
Trying to find the sweet spot for this game.

I always run JJPs with the top of the bubble at the second line from the bottom, per the manual.

#6026 11 months ago

I think Guns has some of the best shaker effects I've seen.

Some songs use it as subwoofer for solid bass drops. Some use it as stomping crowds, etc. So good.

#6056 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Can anyone help me find the connection for this?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Your topper speakers are wired backwards. You have the right speaker in the left channel output and vice versa.

#6128 11 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hi Guys can someone please tell me if this is the bill validator connector? (spare one in pic with blue wire, etc) and confirm please which wire is 12V and Ground. Thanks in advance
[quoted image]

Center that tilt bob, yo

#6193 11 months ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

HA! That was my post originally. It's a thermal fuse, actually, not a resistor. Nonetheless, it is failing causing the magnet not to work, and after the second thermal fuse failure on my game (they sent me a new one when my original failed), I would guess they have a bad batch of thermal fuses or something in the code is keeping the magnet energized too long causing the failure. Maybe during a certain song mode where top lanes are needed and ball save lasts a minute or more (possibly keeping the magnet activated for a long stretch and over-heating). Not sure if people are playing the games yet, or still just modding them but it seems like this would be a wider-spread issue.

I'm waiting on my part - everything is delayed due to weather here. Considering bypassing the resistor to get running again, and if it just keeps popping maybe I will just throw a 23-800 coil in without one and call it done.

#6206 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

At what point do you just install a whole house fan in the cabinet? lol Pin-AC-systems

I actually considered throwing a standalone fan in there plugged into the service outlet, but apparently that doesn't work well enough. These hot little buggers need directed air.

#6222 11 months ago
Quoted from Troz:

JJP's philosophy (my observations based on this and POTC) is you have to do well leading up to the mini-wizard modes in order to earn big points in them. No freebies. Max out your album levels as much as possible. Keep playing songs from the same album, do well in the songs, and get your record to platinum before starting an album mode.

Is there a way to defer album modes? The scoop seems to demand it after my first song completes.

#6247 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I figured, the game requires you to decipher and track 50 patches to put up a score. Seems... odd.

It’s nowhere near as complicated as you’re making it.

It’s a feature you can ignore at first, then grow into as you start to build skill and understand the game.

I consider it a lot like the character system from POTC - buffs that enhance/change the gameplay - but instead of having to choose up front (which overwhelms some) you get to opt in.

#6270 11 months ago

Does anyone recognize this screw? I found it in the bottom of the cabinet (roughly under the record area.)

No idea where it came from.

IMG_2827 (resized).jpeg
#6288 11 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

This, 100% I do like the patch feature, theres just too many of them.

As others have said, ignore them if you wish.

There aren't THAT many patch sets, and the button is color coded to most of them.

For example:
Yellow = 2 patch set (poster+t-shirt) to reduce meter decay in songs.
Orange = 4 patch set (lights+firecracker+amp+hornhand) to get infinite booster multiballs.
Pink = 2 patch set (bra+underwear) to get double bonus.

Some people complained that the 22 chars on POTC were too overwhelming/confusing. I loved it, as it gave the game lots of depth and replayability.

I see the patches as similar to the characters, but more of an opt-in if you care to explore the depth and ignorable if you don't.

#6351 11 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

How do I know if my magnet fails? Is there a diagnostic at game start up that shows this? Or are we just noticing it not working anymore

For me I just noticed it hadn't been grabbed in a long time. Then go to tests, coils, loop magnet. Make sure the coin door is closed. and have a ball near the magnet while pressing start.

The test pulse is very short, not a long grab like you get in the game - but if the magnet jumps at all when you hit start, it works.

#6358 11 months ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I can tell you for sure that the device permanently fails (to open...no continuity).

Can confirm, tested mine out of circuit completely cool and it was open.

#6372 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just get the fans. Then you won’t have to worry about it and play however you want for as long as you want.

I have to agree - I installed a pre-release 3 flipper kit from PinMonk today.

Install was simple - plug and play into the power in the backbox, and some wire routing with zip ties to make it nice and tidy.
The kit includes the brackets+fans, standoffs (which screw into the coil stop), wiring harnesses and zip ties.

I spent about 2 hours on the install but honestly a good part of that was spent tightening up my wobbly record spinner so it's hard to quantify how much I actually spent installing the kit.

I have to admit I was resistant and maybe even a little skeptical about adding fans...but these things work amazingly well!
I can play for hours and the coils are still barely even warm. And more importantly, the shots remain consistent and powerful without fade.

I could not be more gruntled!

IMG_2843 (resized).jpeg
#6418 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Does your right flipper fade much faster than your left flipper? I’m wondering if there is an issue with it... just had a decently long game, three songs two all the way to applause jackpot and by the end of it making the left ramp was 50-50. The left flipper seems to keep its power no problem.

Right flips are higher than left ones in the audits for me, 176972 / 232927.
More use = more heat and more fade.

I cannot endorse the PinMonk Tibetan Breeze fans highly enough, they have made the game feel consistent for hours of play.

#6437 11 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Are the fans quiet? I am a buyer regardless as I am noticing this more and more as we play. I think in the beginning I was just flailing around trying to keep the balls in play. Now I trap up more. But if the game just sits it would be nice if the fans were on a thermostat.

I had concerns about the fan noise too. I can tell you the gameplay benefit FAR outweighs the noise.

After installing the kit, it decreased in volume quite a bit once I put the glass back on and closed the door. I can hear it when the game is at idle, but do not notice it AT ALL during gameplay.

I like the thermostat idea too, but I have a feeling the fans would just stay on all the time anyway due to the heat this game generates.

I may do a strim today (NSPinball on Twitch)

#6550 10 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Why is there a separate CE thread in the first place? It's the same machine besides the coma lock. Seems a bit elitist to me. Cant we just share our issues, fixes, and joy for this machine in 1 place? This whole separate thread for top tier level machines is just dumb.

There are CE specific issues (such as topper wiring). You don't have to visit it.

#6553 10 months ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

But there is literally NOT a toy in the game. How can you give that a 10??

So what's a toy?

Is it a sculpt? We've got the Axl skeleton.
Is it a mech? We've got the guitar lock and proximity sensors, as well as the hot rails.

Genuinely curious what the expectation is for "toy."

#6556 10 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The one “toy” is the spinning disc

Completely forgot that one, and the slash hat! And the cymbal drums.

Those are both interactive toys.

#6613 10 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i think the full install will wipe all your settings and scores. Hopefully they fix the code quickly so we can play our games and not have to do a full reinstall. I'm sure they are on it.

That has not been my experience. However, I did nuke settings once (for an unrelated reason) which caused extreme consternation in the household...so now I back up settings EVERY update, regardless.

#6616 10 months ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

I am getting a service message on power up. Switch 33 upper play field stuck open. Is this the leaf switch on the sling rubber? Do I need to spread it apart?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Stuck open would mean closing the switch not spreading it apart. However it's also possible you just haven't hit it in a while - if you tap that sling in twitch test does it go away?

#6634 10 months ago
Quoted from holminone:

Any buyers with buyers remorse or is this game the goat/bees knees/super fun as everyone seems to be experiencing?
Any of you dislike GNR before the purchase but now find yourself a fan? (My wife is not a fan... but I understand this pin can have a positive affect on people...)

Susan and I both went through a "ugh, I'm too frustrated, you can have it" phase...got past it, then got deeply addicted.
It was kind of funny how it went the same way for both of us.
Now we are hooked - 2000+ plays so far.

I did not care for GNR before the game, now like a lot of their songs and ended up buying their albums on iTunes.

#6640 10 months ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

I got this when I turned my pin on. The tilt bob was easy but I'm not sure what to do about the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[quoted image]

Check the leaf switch gap on the target at the end of the shooter lane - it's probably too close and registering always closed.

#6685 10 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you run over the GNR lane or exit the mini through the hole behind the flipper, you get a GNR letter toward a patch. So, why do sometimes, or what takes letters away from that. I'll have the G lit on the screen, then I look up and the G isn't lit any more

Hitting the flippers cycles the lit inlanes. You got a GNR letter then flipped and it moved to AMP or JAM lanes.

#6698 10 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I am seriously contemplating purchasing this pin. For those that have had it long enough to figure out the rules, is it still hard to figure out what to shoot for? As it has been brought up many times, with all the lights it seems like it’s difficult to know what to aim at.
Is there more to this pin than just flailing around in multi ball? It’s hard to find good YouTube videos because of the music copyright garbage

#6703 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, we all just flail around, or as i like to call it, hit and hope.
The lights change colour and flash like other pinballs, but we tend to ignore that. Also the callouts, you know, hit the ramps etc. We ignore that too because we are just listening to the music.
It's not the right pinball for you if you like to aim at stuff.

I respectfully disagree. At first, yes...spray and pray.

With time, it becomes more strategic - you find places to stash balls so you can make your shots.
Loading up the guitar neck is the best way, as you can also get a power chord.

#6706 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Apologies, should have labelled it as sarcasm.

Hah! Sometimes with Pinside it's hard to tell!

#6708 10 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Does the 1.15 code have the magnet issue? Just booted game up first time and that's what's on it.

There is no evidence (at least, not yet) tying a specific software version to the magnet fuse issue.
I honestly think it's just a question of how long your play sessions are and how much heat builds up.
We tend to have multi-hour streams/sessions.

It's not something I'd worry about unless it happens. Nobody knows how widespread it is either.

#6735 10 months ago
Quoted from Bluethursday:

Hi All, 2 quick questions:
1) Is anyone else having an issue with the LED closest to the right bottom flipper? On my machine, this LED seems to be outputting the wrong color some of the time. I am having a hard time photographing it, but in one instance the other lights in the area are white and it is cyan. When the other lights in the area are pink, this light is blue. When other lights in the area are yellow, this light is sometimes green. At other times this light seems to work perfectly. Any idea what I could do to fix this?

Might need a light board replacement. Contact support. You can confirm the fault running the all LED test and cycling through the colors.

Quoted from Bluethursday:

2) one of my ball locks seems to have dropped. It still functions when it should so it doesn't impact gameplay but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of what I could do to fix it.

Easy fix, just tighten it back up under the playfield to match the right one. I just did this tuneup on my own.

#6749 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can't think of any offhand, except maybe the path of adventure diverter at the top of the right ramp on Indy, but that is timed so it only stays held for a short period of time.
It seems to me that there should have been a small unlocking coil added so the diverter coil enables, the diverter clicks into a locked position, diverter coil releases, but the diverter stays locked. When it needs to change the diverter back, the small coil releases the lock and the diverter pops back. One more tiny coil and some extra metal, but it would have made it much more reliable long-term setup, IMO.
Whatever changes they made to the software recently has helped (the diverter can't quite crack 200F now), but even 200F is too hot.

I don't know if it would work, but to me a good solution would be leave the gate off (up) all the time and pull it down when a ball trips the entry gate. I'm guessing they've already thought of that and it didn't pan out though.

#6840 10 months ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I read I should replace all the rubber in the game right off

No, whoever suggested that is overboard. Would you put new tires on a car the day you drive it home?

Have a rubber set on hand and replace what needs replacing, when it needs it. Some rubbers you'll not have to replace for years.
The ones that wear first tend to be the flippers (easy) and the slings (easy).

#6842 10 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

I believe he's eluding to the issue folks had with the flipper rubbers. Several people reported the flipper rubbers breaking/wearing with in a few days of play.

checkout the GnR Troubleshooting post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-

Yeah. Have flipper rubbers on hand. But replacing ALL rubbers in the game? No way.

#6890 10 months ago
Quoted from simpswho:

WOW this game and company are beginning too sound like a continuous TRAIN WRECK, really considering canceling my order .

Based on what? I'm loving my game.

#6965 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I know a lot of jjGnR owners are waiting for the JJP Tibetan Breeze 3 flipper kit, so I'm posting here (and in the CE thread) to let anyone waiting for one know that they'll go up on Pinmonk.com tomorrow (Sat) and start shipping next week. They'll be added to the Pinside Pinmonk store after that. Everyone will be able to get one that wants one, but there may be a backup at the beginning, even though I've stockpiled brackets for the launch.

I just want to say this kit is a game-changer, literally. It makes a big difference if you like to play for long periods as we do!

#6986 10 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I have one on order. As soon as it arrives its going in.

Please document the install!

#6991 10 months ago
Quoted from Drenden:

This thing is so easy to make, I may just design some brackets for 3D printing and put them up on thingiverse with a link to the fans.

It's really not nice to rip off people who create things for the community.

#6993 10 months ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Rip off? I just said I would release it for free? It’s about 10 mins worth of work to create the stl file for the bracket. People would have to self assemble of course.
There is nothing proprietary there either. It’s a 3D printed fan bracket. That’s it.

Why should anyone do the research to come up with useful mods when people will swoop in and make free clones?

I really dislike the mentality that "hey that guy is being rewarded for his work, I'll put a stop to that"

#7027 10 months ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I checked the Pin Monk shop for JJP flipper fan kit but don’t see anything. Not even the item with “sold out”. Am I looking in the wrong place or has it already been pulled/sold out? Thx!

https://pinmonk.com/collections/new-and-top-sellers/products/tibetan-breeze-jjp-pin-3-flipper-cooling-kit

#7032 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

The rules are too complicated for my tiny brain. It's a great machine but i can't see myself ever figuring all the patch shit out and the rest is just as complicated. Been playing the machines around it a lot more than GnR.
I like a simple ruleset with some variation in what you can go for, so as far as new machines go, think deadpool and AFM.

I think the rules are pretty simple. Think about it as two distinct phases pre-song and song:

PRE-SONG: Goal is to lock balls and get the best booster multiballs going into the song:

Lights: Hits to target on upper playfield, then purple shots
Amps: Spell AMP in the inlane, then yellow shots
Pyro: Hit the pyro target/sling behind Slash's hat, then spinners/switches until the fuse appears, hit action in the sweet spot to collect
Crowd: Hit skill shots and the under flipper shot, then blue shots

The perfect world is to stack all 4, collect several rounds of jackpots, and lock as many balls on the neck as you can.

SONG: Hit the shots for the song (indicated on the small screen), and the scoop. Repeat as much as you can in the song to boost jackpot.

PATCHES:

Now, patches are extra. They really aren't complicated - select which one you want from the action button and collect by spelling the GNR inlane. Each patch tells you what it does on the screen when you select it. THere are patch sets, but there are only a small number of them.

Sets are for the most part color coded the same at the action button.
Pink: Bra/panty set (double bonus)
Orange: amp/hand/firecracker/lights set (unlimited booster multiballs)
Yellow: poster/t-shirt set (reduces power meter decay in songs)

#7062 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well that's the thing, i'm not getting as much as i can out of it. It's only been here a month or so, but it fell out of favourite spot much quicker than most of the games i get. Because it's frustrating me i guess. Can't even break 4 mill.
I'm sure i'll get used to it eventually and she's a pretty bitch, no question.

If it helps, this was our experience:

- OMG it's an amazing concert spectacle!
- Shit, now that we know the rules we can't even break 1M
- Maybe this isn't the game for us
- Ok we're having some success, damn this is the most addictive game we have

I feel like you're experiencing step 3 which soon yields to step 4.

#7063 10 months ago

And BTW Susan and I both went through these phases independently.

#7068 10 months ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I found this surprising. I have a total of 65 games played, of which, not all were on these titans. Maybe about half. I guess those multiballs do take a toll.

That purple looks good on the CE, also consider glow titans:

IMG_2824.jpeg
#7070 10 months ago

It's weird how flipper rubber complaints are blowing up lately, not just here but on Facebook and in other game threads like RM.

I always just considered it a fact of life, and if they are wearing it's a sign you love the game and it's getting proper use.

This happened somewhere near 2000 plays for us. I always have a stash of Titans on hand to keep us in the game.

63670476123__11736D70-5B98-40BB-85D9-4F1349355EF5.jpeg
#7073 10 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I like those in green zaphX, very nice. This is the 1st time that I’m buying rubbers, so there’s a particular size or all of them are standard?
Thanks

Standard for the bottom 3, the one on the upper playfield is mini.

#7074 10 months ago

Here's a few different colors to compare. Pink installed, purple glow and red. Buy a few different combos and experiment!

IMG_2777.jpeg
#7084 10 months ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

The stock flipper rubber on this game is junk, so soft and brittle at the same time. It's crazy how they now use these nice rubbers on the playfield and give you the crappiest flipper rubber they can find.

Eh, it's just standard Suzo/Happ red rubber (I think). Probably chosen more for the bounce/feel than longevity - I've never known these rubbers to wear as well as Titans. i do keep a stash on hand though and now and then I'll swap them in. POTC is wearing them right now, for example. My other games are all on Titans.

#7271 10 months ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Sorry for the repeated bugs, guys. It is unfortunate but there's not enough internal resources to test everything every time, but it's not like we don't ANY testing.

Escaped defects happen. It's a fact of software life. Users forget quickly once they are patched!

The awesome ruleset and thought put into goal progression is what perseveres.

#7358 10 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Back on track with wifi. update from 1.18 to 1.19 was quick and easy! Big thanks Keefer. Also, did anyone else notice a few call outs missing with 1.18? Melissa with the...super fing skill shot was one I noticed and backed up settings so shouldn't be issue with family friendly mode?

Adult flags are more granular now, make sure they are all turned on.

#7387 10 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It’s people bitching and getting all worked up over very minor issues.
The problems are so minor, but lots of people can’t handle it.
The magnet issue is 100% speculation, there is no confirmed software fix coming. Sounds like they got a marginal batch of fuses and some people needed a replacement.
And the WiFi bug is fixed, but god forbid you have to break out a usb stick...

Agree with all of this.

The biggest problem was the crasher in 1.18 which was fixed within a couple of days. 1.19 works great for me and has the cool power chord multiplier feature.

#7403 10 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Could someone please clarify how one would know if they have the “magnet issue”?

Does the magnet grab the ball in gameplay, ever? If the answer is yes, no issue.

You can test the magnet coil in the tests while holding a ball near it. If it jumps, no issue.

#7430 10 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Got a full set of cliffys installed on my CE last night. They fit great! Super easy shooter lane protector install. Slightly more complex song scoop protector install which requires the upper playfield be removed (4 machine screws and unplug cables from under playfield and spotlight).
Super happy with how they turned out. Thanks Cliff![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that looks great!! Any changes to gameplay?

Any chance you documented the required disassembly? What happens with the original metal "wings" in there?

#7443 10 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Easy is not the way i would discribe this game. And i have titans on them.

Can confirm.

#7447 10 months ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Where can you buy titan flipper rubbers? I was on there website but can’t find them.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1610

The flippers are pink in this kit but change the color on checkout to taste.

#7450 10 months ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Should I buy a whole kit instead of just extra flipper rubbers?

I usually do. That way whatever breaks during play you've got what you need to get back in the game.

I keep spare sets for all my games on hand.

#7452 10 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

This game is nuts! Just had my best game yet and a huge song jackpot. Had to take my shirt off for the picture. I felt it was fitting.

What a score!

I squandered a 35M jackpot against a 6M game last night and it devastated me. That would have doubled our GC.

#7456 10 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Was just thinking the same thing.... Ive never taken an upper playfield off before.

I've done it on WOZ and POTC, but I had guides both times.

#7522 10 months ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalPoet:

Well it’s seems my axl lane magnet has failed like many others! When I first got my game it seemed to grab quite a bit and have a very strong grab. Now for the last week or so it very seldom grabs, and it’s very weak. When into coil test and couldn’t get it to work. My question is has anyone asked jjp if there is a permanent solution for this problem? Is just a bad batch of thermal fuses? Bad design? Has anyone looked into just changing the thermal fuse and what is the rating on it? I have been running 1:14. Just updated to 1:19 yesterday.

If it grabs at all, it's working - the fuse will kill it entirely. If you're seeing it grab during gameplay (even weakly), check that magnet coil test more closely...it's a very short pulse and you'll need a ball very close to the magnet when the start button fires it. If it jumps at all, it's firing.

#7530 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

May be leaving the club. I think mine is the 1st listed used in Australia, has a premium on it because i'm happy to keep it.
Such a beautiful machine but just to hard for me to the stage that it's not fun.
Hopefully i'll get one again one day (or get to keep mine).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/gunsnrosespinball/permalink/350991079664497/

I promise you, that stage passes...the outlanes are greedy but after a while you learn to anticipate them and the vertical nudges needed to rattle them out of danger.

Don't give up Punkin!

#7532 10 months ago

It took me a long time to dethrone my wife's 20M score but I did it!

IMG_2911 (resized).jpeg
#7533 10 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It took me a long time to dethrone my wife's 20M score but I did it!
[quoted image]

...and I think I may have to sleep in my car now.

#7539 10 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Congrats Derek. Wish i was there to see it. Big increase in GC as well.

I didn't get it on stream, but I did get it on Scorbit.

#7562 10 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

jsa Would I be correct to assume that if I'm playing my Guns CE, that I'm only going to see other CE owners' high scores? Or are the LE owners in those high scores as well? It would make sense to combine those leaderboards, as the gameplay is the exact same.

Agree with combining scores but I do like that the CE artwork is displayed on the web scoreboards.

#7568 10 months ago

While we've got Troz dropping science, I've got one to ask...

What are "super pops?" Is it just a multiplier on the pop hits like the guitar pick patch?

#7573 10 months ago
Quoted from Troz:

Increases song values and their specific shots during songs, or at least I think that's what they do. I always collect all the band member patches on every game first. Always.

I have started doing this too and my scores have improved.

Initially I blew them off because band members are not that hard to get, but I believe this also extends to band frenzy member collections where it matters more.

#7583 10 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That gate is notorious for coming off.

Yeah - spread it apart a little bit before putting it back in and it behaves itself.

Do both of them.

#7585 10 months ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Picked up an SE. Not a huge GNR fan (or band themes in general). Holy smokes, this machine is amazing. Just ordered clips for a sub and can’t wait. I’m now contemplating ordering an LE. Anyone had time on both? This seems like it would feel faster outside of muktiball, but the light show, ball locks, and mini play field look pretty awesome.
As an aside, my game is leveled left-right, but my skill shot is draining a notable portion of the time. It’s not immediately clear what the issue is. Anyone experienced that?

I've played SE and CE, the upper playfield is a huge game changer and very satisfying to shoot.

Get the LE

#7608 10 months ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Mine kept on coming off too. So I took a pair of needle noses stretched it out stuck it back in and then gently bent it downwards and it hasn't come out since and works perfectly

Same. Spreading out the "W" a little is all it really takes.

#7610 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can someone point me to the post where the balls draining from the guitar lock fix is please? i remember it was a rail bend or a little clear bump glued on, but can't remember the details.
My left one is stdtm 90%

For me, slightly squeezing in the metal guitar neck border greatly improved this.
It makes the balls hit the plastic in the center on the way out which aims them away from the center drain.

#7616 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks mate. Just with your hand?

Yeah it really doesn't take much pressure/bending at all. I can't even visibly see a change after I did it.

Does this mean you've decided to keep it?

#7618 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

slowed the release speed down by one and will see what that does.
I've taken the ad down, but the right offer would still see it go. It's a great machine, i'm just not a good enough player to get the fun out of it. Just played a game this morning, two songs started, thirst for carnage went really well etc. 1.5m
It'll stay i reckon, but down the back with Hobbit, Houdini Alice Cooper and other games i rarely play.

I tried the release speed too, but ultimately changed it back. The slight rail bend did the most good for me on the problem.

My personal observation and belief is that if one side (or both) are SDTMing, the balls are resting far enough away from the center triangular plastic that it doesn't make contact on the way out...meaning it will not be "steered" left or right and instead follow the whim of gravity and whatever bounce it gets on the way down.

#7619 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

It'll stay i reckon, but down the back with Hobbit, Houdini Alice Cooper and other games i rarely play.

Wait until you start getting hooked on building the perfect multiball stack going in, the perfect patch set etc!

#7639 10 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Does anyone have any experience with flippers sticking? My right flipper sticks all of the sudden and I can’t find any obvious reason why.

Can you manipulate it freely by hand, or does it feel like it's binding?
Is the spring intact? Coil stop?

#7641 10 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Feels like it’s binding at the very end of extension.

Gotcha. I'd check the coil sleeve, maybe replace it - maybe got cooked?
Make sure there is appropriate vertical gap also.

This video may help!

#7644 10 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Fantastic video JJP and thank you zaphX for the share! Turns out there was no up and down flipper gap. Compared to the left it was tight as shit with no play. Loosened it up and gapped it properly and we are back in business.

Butch Peel did the pinball community a great service with his series of videos - I learned a ton! Very glad you got it working well, fixing things is a real joy.

#7647 10 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

It’s 1/2 the reason I love this hobby. Mechanical things are uniquely satisfying to troubleshoot and maintain. The almost instant help on this site is invaluable and MUCH appreciated. Side question. Should a guy keep a few coil sleeves on hand in case one burns up on this game? I would hate to ruin the weekend play because of something like that. I have a complete set of rubbers but what else?

I wouldn't say it's common_ that coil sleeves fail...but GNR flippers definitely run hot so it wouldn't be a terrible idea to keep some.

I change mine out every few thousand plays for performance.

Consumables I keep, in order of most frequently replaced to least frequently replaced:

- Flipper rubbers
- Slingshot rubbers
- Coil Sleeves
- Balls
- The rest of the rubbers for the game
- Flipper rebuild kits

#7663 10 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Love this Derek!
You should start a new topic to compile a list of the spares to have on hand. Maybe a basic, intermediate and advanced list?

i just realized I misspoke and those are in DECREASING replacement frequency. Whoops

Flipper rubbers wear fastest, rebuild kits slowest.

#7682 10 months ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Recently when the balls drop off the left side of the guitar head they go straight down the middle... almost every time. The guides all seem to be lined up correctly but the diverter has a very slight loose delay as it drops changing the balls trajectory. Does anyone know of an adjustment that I can make?

I slightly bent the metal edges of the guitar neck toward the middle. This makes the balls contact the triangular plastic on the way out end steers them away from the center drain. This greatly improved it for me to where it’s rare.

#7727 10 months ago

I noticed one of the patches lights Special - where is the Special insert on the playfield? Is there one?

#7736 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

This fucking game. Mr Brownstone last night, she said 'shoot the ramps'.
I hit left/right ramp combo 5 times. I never get 5 ramps in a row, never. Just not good enough at pinball to that.
Booed off stage.
Turned the game off in disgust.

Sometimes those callouts don't reflect the current state. You want to shoot the lit shots for the song, red/yellow flashing for AFD songs.

Specifically, Mr. Brownstone frequently shuts down all the shots except the center spinner, then opens more after you hit it.

This is maybe a stretch but I actually see that as song theme integration - the repeated need to shoot that shot represents the demands of the needle for a heroin addict.

#7738 10 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If I understand the rules correctly (which I may not), those shots aren't what fills that meter. I thought the meter gets filled by the respective bandmember shot that is designated hear the bottom of that meter. (see blue arrow in picture below, Axl/Microphone in this picture)
Or am I way off here?
[quoted image]

AFAIK....

Album progress is time
Rock-it-meter is lit song shots
Band Frenzy is shooting the indicated band member shot until all the gun holes are filled.

#7742 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just got 'Shall we Play a Game?'. I thought the machine had reset as the little writing came up on the screen after propoganda something, like when it starts up. Is that suppossed to happen?

Pretty hilarious huh!

#7754 9 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

album progress is progressed by shooting the scoop when shots are completed while in song. Each scoop shot is a level, which carries over to songs of the same album. At least thats how i experience it

Album level (numeric) I think you're right, but I'm pretty sure album progress (silver/gold/platinum/diamond) is time.

#7794 9 months ago

<JJP> * Releases GNR with more songs and content than any band pin ever

<Pinside> Wah, I want more content

#7870 9 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

LOL, right. Problems happen, this is really minor. It seems like they got a source that sent them parts with a higher failure rate than normal.
If they haven’t sorted it out already, they will.

And it's not everyone getting the magnet issue either. My advice is don't sweat it unless you get it.

1 week later
#7950 9 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Do you hit the middle button often in the game? It’s just to change patches and collect others, right? I rarely hit that button

It has several functions:

1. Patch selection
2. Pyro jackpot collection
3. Press and hold to defer (toggle) album mode
4. Press at the tank to allow song selection
5. Hadoken in the AFD album mode
6. Cannon shot in the Tear Down the Wall album mode

Any others?

#7957 9 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, I do use it for song selection but during active ball play the only time I press it is for that pyro jackpot with the dynamite and shooting the posters mode. Other than that I don’t ever press it

If you're not choosing patches you're leaving a lot on the table!

#7963 9 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Oh, I’m not saying I’m doing anything right I just never look at the screen. I honestly don’t even know how or when I get a patch. That’s why I am asking to Understand how they work. Sounds like after you collect a patch then you hit a button and collect another one, correct?

The button chooses which patch you're going for, and lighting the GNR inlane collects it. Dropping through the hole on the upper playfield collects a letter too.

I did a quick and dirty explanation and some patch strategy yesterday:

#7967 9 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

zaphX
So how do you use the action button to NOT play an album mode. I honestly wish those modes didn't exist at all. They are lacking so much in comparison to song modes.
Can you still get to the final wizard mode if you don't play those modes and skip them?

When an album mode is qualified and flashing just press and hold the action button. Do it again to turn it back on. It must be done each new ball.

I wish the album modes kicked in a bit later in the game, after completing gold or platinum perhaps.

Re final wizard mode, unlikely - I'm sure you have to finish them.

#7975 9 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is everybody else getting shooter lane protectors? I just installed mine today - I think they are a must given the number of balls this thing fires out.

Strangely enough I have yet to see shooter wear against Wonka (~8000 plays) or GNR (~2600 or so).

I did order the scoop Cliffy though!

#7984 9 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Do you have a link for the cliffy? I couldn't find it on his site. Thanks!

https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#8030 9 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

My launch will often drain right down the middle. Any tips on what and how to bend to fix this?

Off the plunge?

Quoted from JDub03:

I’m less than 50 games on my LE. Cliffy on order, put Mylar on the shooter lane and installed most of my mods. I knew JJP has shitty rubber so after a few games to test I swapped all flipper rubber. But this? I know it’s cheap. But ya drop $10k on a new machine and this happens? I have rubber in stock here, but out of principal it is a bit disappointing. I tightened coil stops and spent time tightening everything before I even played a game. Love the game so far, light show and immersive experience but they can do better on the little things. No platform issues I can see and I do recommend steeper pitch vs adding power to coils. Much more control.
[quoted image]

It craclks me up when someone is willing to drop 10k+ on a pin, then is completely outraged about a 50 cent rubber.

Just buy Titans. Have them on hand. Replace them when they need to be.

Really a petty thing to bitch about IMO.

#8034 9 months ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Its not really. This has been an issue since launch. Easy to fix. You and the other folks here can fix it easily, its no big deal. I know people who do not know how to take the glass off. This is now a luxury item, you dont expect to buy a mercedes benz and have the steering wheel start peeling...
You know why this is going on. Same reason Stern coil stops are garbage, they bought 10,000 of these rubbers and they are commited.

I mean...they even threw in spares in the coin box.

#8037 9 months ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I do love your optimism. Why would I want another crap set of rubbers... Like yes, our burger tastes awful.., here have a free one.

It keeps the game from being unplayable while you wait for new ones to land.

#8071 9 months ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

what color Titan's should I order for backup rubbers? White? or clear? In some pics I see they look white, and in some they look clear. I'm looking at my old stash of rubbers and they are pretty old so thinking I need to upgrade my backup stash.

Clear for everything but the flippers. Flipper colors are personal choice. Red is stock for the upper mini flipper, I like glow in the dark for the bottom ones.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1610

#8074 9 months ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Yes, I have continuity between the 2 lugs, I am really puzzled by this. I have no idea why it would work in coil test and not in game.

My take: if it works in coil test, it will also work in game. As others noted sometimes you can hit the orbit too fast for it to grab, and it doesn't grab all the time.