Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 560.
#9751 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Those look like a perfect solution as well in the same size and also PETG. I'm not sure of the thickness size of the PB life ones that I installed, not sure if they are .06" like the Titans as I don't have a caliper measure at the ready

Cool. I’ll give them a try and report back. Now just to find an iron similar to the one in the thread

#9752 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Shrek topper coming soon![quoted image]

Seems like it’s basically the ce topper but without the speaker.

#9753 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

What increases your ball save time when you're playing a song???

That’s a good question. I believe ‘before’ a song is started boosting band members increases ball save time to the max of 60 secs (default).

But during a song, if you hit the scoop for the next wave of shots, sometimes it gives a ball saver and sometimes it doesn’t. Curious if there’s a rhyme or reason to triggering that ball save.

#9754 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

during a song, if you hit the scoop for the next wave of shots, sometimes it gives a ball saver and sometimes it doesn’t

I noticed that too. I would guess that has to do with a patch but I'm not sure.

#9755 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I’m in Israel so getting the game back, and the additional shipping and tax it cost me in the first place, wouldn’t make it worth anyone’s while. it’s VERY disappointing to say the least. But it is what it is. My build date is a mix of December (decals,printed date) and January (hand written date on larger back box decal). It’s a CE, so they’re not prone to anything if anyone thought that. And I’ve since noticed another two or three posts that are still 100% in tact, but a formation building around them can be seen if you’re now inspecting it closely. I hardly have 138 games and this is already happening, I plan on keeping this one for at least twenty years going forward but seeing someone’s post here with the mic pooling around the magnet? What washer will I need then? I’m only a month in!
Why don’t we all just get a white wood of gnr and call it even? I’d be happy with a bare pf rather than a worn,chipped,pooled out one any day. Just as much as I’m into playing pinball, I really am drawn to the hobby for the art, the aesthetics, the pop culture , THE DETAILS. So this really bums me.
This is the first thing I’ve really mentioned, I was ok with all the rest of the problems. Mylar on the drumsticks, rubbers, diverter/left ramp, my lockbar not fitting properly for the latch to lock, but this one is really upsetting.

Stay safe!!

#9756 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

About to install my Cliffys. Where does this one go?
[quoted image]

Where do you buy this? I don't see Cliffy's for JJP GnR on his website?

#9757 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#9758 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Send Cliffy an email with what you are interested in.
He will put you on the list.

#9759 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Send Cliffy an email with what you are interested in.
He will put you on the list.

FYI he was about 4 weeks out when I ordered mine a couple weeks ago. I would order soon

#9760 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:Seeing this is really making me question my purchase of a LE, especially with the reports that JJP are doing nothing to resolve the issue with Mirco.

I would not buy, if I were you. Move on to another thread.

#9761 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Me as well. How pervasive of an issue is this? Is it really not just if but when this will happen?

Definitely pass on this game.

Move on to another thread.

#9762 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Ooooh. Goody!!! Things are gonna get even more cooler soon. Can't wait to find the time to install these bad boys.
Thanks Pin Monk.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the patience waiting for these. I'm working through a big backlog of these and the R&M ones, but everyone should have the backorder they're waiting on within the next week or ten days.

#9763 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the patience waiting for these. I'm working through a big backlog of these and the R&M ones, but everyone should have the backorder they're waiting on within the next week or ten days.

Does that include the orders placed after you opened your web site back up for new orders a week or two ago?

#9764 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

This is an owner's thread. Everyone here is already in on it. Kindly take your negativity to another thread.

#9765 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Does that include the orders placed after you opened your web site back up for new orders a week or two ago?

Yes, I should be caught up with all the backorders for the Tibetan Breeze kits in 7-10 days. My outflow is more than the daily orders adding to the stack now, so I'm making good progress.

#9766 2 years ago

i may be the lucky one with no flipper power/heat issues as they feel like old bally williams ones to me. Can backhand any ramp and hit orbits with fast speed. even after playing for 2 hours straight .. I am happy with that too, Yeah the pooling sucks but i wouldn't sell my game back to JJP for 20k i like the game that much .
What other game out there Drains your ball and Boo's you out of play(happens to my brother all the time,Haha) .. Not one comes to mind .

#9767 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

i may be the lucky one with no flipper power/heat issues as they feel like old bally williams ones to me. Can backhand any ramp and hit orbits with fast speed. even after playing for 2 hours straight .. I am happy with that too, Yeah the pooling sucks but i wouldn't sell my game back to JJP for 20k i like the game that much .
What other game out there Drains your ball and Boo's you out of play(happens to my brother all the time,Haha) .. Not one comes to mind .

I run my flippers at +2 and I'm pretty happy with them as well. I did have to rebuild them recently (at around 500k flips) but that's cheap/easy and really perked the game right up!

#9768 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Move along troll!

#9769 2 years ago

So i am home now and my Build date was Feb 2021 and i am up to 211 games played and left flipper 24,326k right flipper 31,271 k
and no sign of them weakening yet but will pay close attention when i reach that mark of 500k
I enjoy these updates / if i was not paying attention that art Under AXL bottom post i would have missed it until wiping down playfield again and also pleased to report the playfield grime does not build up as fast as sterns do but i assume it is due to the rubber choices they used ,Not that they were great having some splitting already but at least they are clean.

Quoted from zaphX:

I run my flippers at +2 and I'm pretty happy with them as well. I did have to rebuild them recently (at around 500k flips) but that's cheap/easy and really perked the game right up!

#9770 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

That's awesome, are you backhanding from a trap or on the fly? I bumped my coils +2 and still can't backhand the left ramp with the left of the right with the right from a static trap.

I'm also just touching the 2nd line on the bubble level and my digital inclinometer shows 6.5 degrees near the flippers and 6.7 to 6.8 miidfield and the top

#9771 2 years ago

Just a brief intermission from the discussions...
Proud dad of my 15 yr old daughter on location playing the LE for the first time.
Afterwards, she asks if I am going to get one, and I smile and say, yeah, maybe later this fall.
20210513_190758 (resized).jpg20210513_190758 (resized).jpg

#9772 2 years ago

Both but mostly on the Fly . I must say that i did change the flipper rubbers to superband ones i believe but it may not make the difference or perhaps it does .
Not sure of the incline but i see the bubble at just edging over the second line from bottom

#9773 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This is an owner's thread. Everyone here is already in on it. Kindly take your negativity to another thread.

I am an owner! Very happy owner. Seemed to me that I was commenting to someone who is not an owner (possible troll), maybe I misread the post that I commented on.

#9774 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Move along troll!

No troll here but I was advising a possible troll of moving along... maybe my sarcasm did not come thru?

#9775 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I am an owner! Very happy owner. Seemed to me that I was commenting to someone who is not an owner (possible troll), maybe I misread the post that I commented on.

Sorry that I misread the situation!

#9776 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That area takes a lot of abuse. Before anyone flips a ball on their pin, they should put PETG clear's (3/4) inch under any posts they can, and if not those, then larger metal or carbon. I like the look of the hard clears and they disperse the weight properly. This one requires a little notch to fit but it stays put and this is after 400 games with no further wear
[quoted image]
The other areas that are a must are the ones near the pop bumbers and all the posts just north of the slings on both sides of the playfield. If you can reach it easily, cover it with clear PETG. There is some minor disassembly in some hard to reach areas, but this beats disassembly and touch up.
It sucks but you have to play an active role in the preservation/damage mitigation process. It's not if this will happen for certain areas but when. But you can stop it before it starts
The rest of the field looks amazing, just these post areas all take a hit
Heat it up with an iron or some carefully directed blasts from a heat gun then cover it up...I covered mine at the first sign of pooling
Here's some more samples:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I’m sorry to lol!!
But this is so wrong. People are really adding washers to a brand new game.

Return it!

#9777 2 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

I’m sorry to lol!!
Return it!

chicken-little-sky-is-falling-1a (resized).jpgchicken-little-sky-is-falling-1a (resized).jpg

#9778 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I would not buy, if I were you. Move on to another thread.

I will reword that just for you.

I am happy to buy if I see that JJP are looking after the few playfield defects. I am a fan of the game and I like this owners club very much.

Remember.... snow flakes melt. (sarcasm)

#9779 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

No troll here but I was advising a possible troll of moving along... maybe my sarcasm did not come thru?

No sarcasm did not come through as we are not mind readers. (sarcasm)

#9780 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

No sarcasm did not come through as we are not mind readers.

you seem to be an expert at all else tho... sorry thought that was also in your bag of tricks.

#9781 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

you seem to be an expert at all else tho... sorry thought that was also in your bag of tricks.

Thanks!

#9782 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Both but mostly on the Fly . I must say that i did change the flipper rubbers to superband ones i believe but it may not make the difference or perhaps it does .
Not sure of the incline but i see the bubble at just edging over the second line from bottom

Ah thanks, that would explain it a little, I know when I put superbands on my JP at one time, the shots seemed to Rocket off the flippers. I love how those look, just a little bit to hard and grippy for my taste versus Titans. But I do have a spare set lying around, maybe I'll try those out for a couple games

#9783 2 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

I’m sorry to lol!!
Return it!

I have a Deadpool incoming and the first thing I’ll do is add washers to a few of the ball guides to prevent them from scraping through the clear.

I’ve learned that preventative maintenance comes with the hobby

#9784 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I believe I read that you can make an adjustment to raise the nut so it doesn’t come down and hit the playfield

Anyone know where to learn how to do this?? I was just made aware of this, and mine is bashing into the playfield as well.

#9785 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:To put on button on my diverter issue and to help save anyone else's PF from getting f'd...there are 2 screws that adjust the height of the diverter. Mine came from the factory too low, which meant the hex kept pummeling into the playfield unbeknownst to me which is why it kept trapping the ball. See below the damage it did to my playfield. Best to make sure it's not doing the same on yours.
[quoted image]

#9786 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Anyone know where to learn how to do this?? I was just made aware of this, and mine is bashing into the playfield as well.

I posted a link to Adam Ross’s post on his adjustment

#9787 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Shrek topper coming soon![quoted image]

Moving Skull with horns?

#9788 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

There are 2 hex nuts on the diverter. Loosen those and raise the diverter slightly and resecure.

Test in the settings by triggering the diverter and seeing how your clearance is

You may need a carbon Cliffy to cover any damage that may have already occurred

#9789 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Move along troll!

Psych?

#9790 2 years ago

My CE (Feb build date) came with clear washers on some posts but not all. Can someone who has added washers recommend which posts should get washers, based on those that are most susceptible and/or easiest to add? I haven’t done much pinball disassembly so I’d probably skip ones that are difficult to access. Thanks in advance.

#9791 2 years ago

Noob question, what about making a single slit in clear washers and then just slipping them on so as to avoid all that disassembly? I know it won’t look quite as clean as a fully intact washer, but maybe not that noticeable and still looking better than torn artwork?

#9792 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Noob question, what about making a single slit in clear washers and then just slipping them on so as to avoid all that disassembly? I know it won’t look quite as clean as a fully intact washer, but maybe not that noticeable and still looking better than torn artwork?

If pooling is the issue, the soft playfield can ooze up into the slit in the disc you made over time from the pressure, like pushing play-doh through a fuzzy pumper. You need a continious surface area. I'm not even 100% sure the plastic discs will completely fix the problem, but it's better than what JJP ships with and says "G'luck!"

#9793 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

My CE (Feb build date) came with clear washers on some posts but not all. Can someone who has added washers recommend which posts should get washers, based on those that are most susceptible and/or easiest to add? I haven’t done much pinball disassembly so I’d probably skip ones that are difficult to access. Thanks in advance.

I'm just going to post all the areas with pics because it's easier than describing as there are alot

About 5 of these areas I have are treated with the iron

The guitar neck was not pooling but the hex screw in the bare wood scared me after I had to remove the upper playfield to replace my Spotlights, so I put a small washer there as well

Some areas I had to use metal washers due to size limitations

Most areas got the 3/4 " PETG clear treatment

Inked20210519_210540_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210540_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210556_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210556_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210615_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210615_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210622_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210622_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210627_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210627_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210637_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210637_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210643_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210643_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210647_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210647_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210650_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210650_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210701_LI (resized).jpgInked20210519_210701_LI (resized).jpg
#9794 2 years ago

While checking my playfield near my diverter for damage I found a suprise where the post are I assumed hammered in. Doesnt bother me to much, but it is a sad sight. I'm not sure what can be done to cover or save this from happening. Tips?

20210519_220723.jpg20210519_220723.jpg20210519_220920.jpg20210519_220920.jpg20210519_221030.jpg20210519_221030.jpg20210519_221105.jpg20210519_221105.jpg
#9795 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm just going to post all the areas with pics because it's easier than describing as there are alot
About 5 of these areas I have are treated with the iron
The guitar neck was not pooling but the hex screw in the bare wood scared me after I had to remove the upper playfield to replace my Spotlights, so I put a small washer there as well
Some areas I had to use metal washers due to size limitations
Most areas got the 3/4 " PETG clear treatment[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Someone need to sticky this!

#9796 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

There are 2 hex nuts on the diverter. Loosen those and raise the diverter slightly and resecure.
Test in the settings by triggering the diverter and seeing how your clearance is
You may need a carbon Cliffy to cover any damage that may have already occurred

Thanks for the help.
Also, I'm curious if pulling up the rails that seem to be hammered in near it is ok? Will they go back in snug if I do?

#9797 2 years ago

I’ve yet to get mine (and maybe this was already mentioned), but is anybody under the impression the long number of multiballs is the reason we are seeing so much playfield damage & flipper/rubber wear so fast?

#9798 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Thanks for the help.
Also, I'm curious if pulling up the rails that seem to be hammered in near it is ok? Will they go back in snug if I do?

I would be willing to bet you would chip the playfield even more and do more damage pulling them up.

#9799 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I’ve yet to get mine (and maybe this was already mentioned), but is anybody under the impression the long number of multiballs is the reason we are seeing so much playfield damage & flipper/rubber wear so fast?

No.

Also, long number... I don't recall specifics from coding but even integer seems like an exaggeration.

https://techdifferences.com/difference-between-int-and-long.html#:~:text=The%20basic%20difference%20between%20the,and%20long%20is%2064%20bits.&text=In%20Java%2C%20the%20range%20of,much%20greater%20than%20type%20int.

#9800 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

While checking my playfield near my diverter for damage I found a suprise where the post are I assumed hammered in. Doesnt bother me to much, but it is a sad sight. I'm not sure what can be done to cover or save this from happening. Tips?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, I'm sorry to see that happen to your game, I would report it to your distributor and or JJP. If you don't mind me asking what is your games build date?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairmount, IN
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/196 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.