Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 319 of 560.
#15901 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

The light is going in the shooter rod area. I don't have a long enough extension. I suppose I could make one.
But where is the ATX and what is it and what does it look like? And how do I connect to it?

Yeah, you'd have to make one. The ATX power supply is just a computer (PC) power supply in the backbox. You can just modify an ATX splitter and tap into it.

Splitter is like this (quick search only brought up multipacks of them, but this is the kind of splitter you're looking for):
https://www.amazon.com/Lheng-Supply-Extension-Splitter-Connector/dp/B07QQKHVQM

It has 5V and 12v, so you can pick the voltage you need and connect your extension to that.

#15902 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

A microfiber cloth works in almost all modern machines to stop balls rolling out. But the JJP flaps work too.

Why haven't I thought of that.....oh well, thats why I read the forums!

#15903 2 years ago

Anyone have an issue with balls getting stuck coming out of the bass up kicker? Seems the screw for upper PF is causing it but won’t go in any further. I recently had it removed to install cliffys.

#15904 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Im not seeing where these parts might go…
[quoted image]

That nut could go literally anywhere. For the spring I'm not entirely sure, but it kind of looks like a diverter spring. Maybe check the right ramp diverter?

#15905 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Why haven't I thought of that.....oh well, thats why I read the forums!

Same here! I always pull the balls out. Then forget to put them back in and have it pull the glass again. Now I am going to do this instead! Thanks punkin (who has rosey cheeks) and pinside!

#15906 2 years ago

You are welcome. only neg is sometimes it can fuck with where the balls sit in the trough and give a missing ball alert which means you have to glass off again.
But i find that removing the cloth reminds me to have a look in the trough and poke my balls where they need poking.

#15907 2 years ago

So my friends game is bricked! Not sure how I became his local tech support but here goes:

I gave him three imaged thumb drives (including one that I used before) and none worked. It shows the double progress bar screen then errors out. Thoughts? Bad ssd? It all started out when he turned on wifi. It died. I was able to do a full image last time. Then a month later he tried wifi again and it wouldn't boot. I tried to re-image the drive and it just errors out every time now.

#15908 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So my friends game is bricked! Not sure how I became his local tech support but here goes:
I gave him three imaged thumb drives (including one that I used before) and none worked. It shows the double progress bar screen then errors out. Thoughts? Bad ssd? It all started out when he turned on wifi. It died. I was able to do a full image last time. Then a month later he tried wifi again and it wouldn't boot. I tried to re-image the drive and it just errors out every time now.

Check connections to the drive in the backbox and the board just below the drive. Maybe a flaky connection or bad SSD?

#15909 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

The manual mentions that this game has a mechanism that will hold the balls in the trough even when the playfield is lifted (to position 4). My question is, how much do you guys trust this mechanism? Do you guys remove the balls prior to fully lifting your playfield? Or does everybody fully trust that mechanism and that no balls will come falling out smashing into something breakable?

That drop flap was my favorite simple engineering feat ever… until one time four balls came flying out and crashed everywhere. What has happened (I believe) is that when the balls have been stopped by the flap in the past, they eventually bent the flap a little so it no longer swings freely. So it got stuck open and the balls were free to explore. Luckily nothing was destroyed and now I know to manually move the flap before I lift the PF. It sticks in place and works fine like that. I just have to remember to move it back open before putting the glass back in.

So keep an eye on those, make sure they’re still swinging freely before you lift the PF with abandon!

#15910 2 years ago

I seem to have recently started getting a few 'glass bangers' on the lower left side of the playfield and balls that roll up onto the plastics in just past the left out lane before heading to the out lane. Is this a common occurance? I think I've seen mention of fly ball protectors but I'm not sure where to put them. I can't quite place where/how the balls are going airborn as it always seems to happen during intense song modes with 4-5 balls chaotically clanging around, so without the assistance of a high speed camera, it's tough to see the sequence of events that is causing it.

Is this common?

#15911 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

I seem to have recently started getting a few 'glass bangers' on the lower left side of the playfield and balls that roll up onto the plastics in just past the left out lane before heading to the out lane. Is this a common occurance? I think I've seen mention of fly ball protectors but I'm not sure where to put them. I can't quite place where/how the balls are going airborn as it always seems to happen during intense song modes with 4-5 balls chaotically clanging around, so without the assistance of a high speed camera, it's tough to see the sequence of events that is causing it.
Is this common?

It is pretty common. It's probably happening off the standup target on the left of the left ramp. Launches the ball up and over the left side plastic and into the outlane. The airball shield is made to keep the ball in the game and out of the outlane when it goes airborne.

https://pinmonk.com/products/guns-n-roses-airball-drain-barrier

Ministry of Pinball will have them in stock soon for Europe.

You can also DIY it with some L-shaped clear edge moulding.

#15912 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

have a look in the trough and poke my balls where they need poking.

I look in my "Trough" and poke my balls where they need poking too - hang on...are we still talking about Pinball?

#15913 2 years ago

the nights will get colder. GnR needs a cover

0D842F67-AC87-40C7-BB51-A88E91E86274 (resized).jpeg0D842F67-AC87-40C7-BB51-A88E91E86274 (resized).jpeg
#15914 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

the nights will get colder. GnR needs a cover[quoted image]

I agree.

8D2171BF-1E99-48E9-9918-68333899C3E9 (resized).jpeg8D2171BF-1E99-48E9-9918-68333899C3E9 (resized).jpeg
#15915 2 years ago

So been reading a lot about pinwoofer in this thread. I was never a believer in replacing speakers (going back to original (pinball pro?) days from a decade ago) and have added subwoofers since to every game I own from funhouse to ACDC and adding a sub completely transforms the sound experience.

For GnR, man the experience is very different. The sound is so shallow out of box which is so disappointing for a music themed game. Added a Polk sub and does add a little but for the first time ever I can definitely still hear it's lacking. Plugging in a set of headphones with the mic jack gets the sound you need.

Has JJP done something different with this game that it sounds so poor?

In any case, just ordered a pinwoofer yesterday to give that a try. Such a great game want to enjoy it to the full.

#15916 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Factory speakers sound like ass. I added External sub and tweaked some of the sound levels. Works great

Ass it is. See post above. In the meantime while I wait for the pinwoofer set up what adjustments did you make when adding your sub? Mine still sounds half-ass.

#15917 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I agree. [quoted image]

Where'd you get that?

#15918 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

So been reading a lot about pinwoofer in this thread. I was never a believer in replacing speakers (going back to original (pinball pro?) days from a decade ago) and have added subwoofers since to every game I own from funhouse to ACDC and adding a sub completely transforms the sound experience.
For GnR, man the experience is very different. The sound is so shallow out of box which is so disappointing for a music themed game. Added a Polk sub and does add a little but for the first time ever I can definitely still hear it's lacking. Plugging in a set of headphones with the mic jack gets the sound you need.
Has JJP done something different with this game that it sounds so poor?
In any case, just ordered a pinwoofer yesterday to give that a try. Such a great game want to enjoy it to the full.

I've put pinwoofers in all the games I know I'll keep long-term and have never been disappointed. I'll be ordering a set for gnr once I get confirmation on the games shipping. Easy install and great service, I can't imagine owning this game without.

#15919 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Uh, no. They are still processing direct October 2020 orders. They may be into November 2020 now, but I haven't seen any proof of this.... It's close to year wait from sales to ship.
Distributors can seem faster if they bought early against future sales. That's what likely happened to hoteldrummer... His distributor got in stock that had been ordered probably last year and he strolled in and snagged one .. Good timing. Correct me if I'm wrong Hoteldrummer

Yes! I was just lucky. I called in for another game which was out of stock but she joked about having just got in a handful of GnR LE’s and maybe I would want that instead? Being that I wanted one a year ago but did not want to wait at that time, I went for it now that it was available right then and there!

#15920 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Where'd you get that?

I just used the GNR banner image and had a photo site (collage.com) print off a fleece blanket (baby blanket size). They usually have really good deals like 60, 80% off or even free sometimes.

I’ve done it on most my pins, here’s some pics of others…
5DD19723-B020-4406-82B4-78FBF0F1739E (resized).jpeg5DD19723-B020-4406-82B4-78FBF0F1739E (resized).jpeg87338801-EE1F-479F-978B-AB010870A8E7 (resized).jpeg87338801-EE1F-479F-978B-AB010870A8E7 (resized).jpegBFE30EAA-12E2-4B25-B2BD-4BE555239BD8 (resized).jpegBFE30EAA-12E2-4B25-B2BD-4BE555239BD8 (resized).jpegE0EE3817-D522-44BE-92D8-1D02D41AB4DF (resized).jpegE0EE3817-D522-44BE-92D8-1D02D41AB4DF (resized).jpeg

84058F43-7E75-4652-A302-FB91949FB07B (resized).png84058F43-7E75-4652-A302-FB91949FB07B (resized).png
#15921 2 years ago

Just unboxed my GnR, getting it into the home really made a difference to see how great this game shoots! I really like the use of multiball now with some time on it. Question: the higher range seems a bit distorted, can’t find an equalizer in the settings. Is there an amp I can adjust somewhere?

37FAF1DC-9BD6-4D53-8509-75CC46010643 (resized).jpeg37FAF1DC-9BD6-4D53-8509-75CC46010643 (resized).jpeg60A1188D-5CA7-428C-AEB3-CE01B8D172F8 (resized).jpeg60A1188D-5CA7-428C-AEB3-CE01B8D172F8 (resized).jpeg

#15922 2 years ago

Well that's a first

20211010_184506 (resized).jpg20211010_184506 (resized).jpg
#15923 2 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

So, I'm having a bit of an issue using Scorebit. When I scan the QR code it keeps me as Player One instead of putting in my display name (Batey). My pal's Wonka will substitute the Player # with the scorebit display name.
Can any owners confirm if this is the same with their GnR? Thanks!

On the app, when you're on the playing screen, tap the word "Player 1."

The QR code will auto-navigate you there, but won't auto-claim the slot if multiple players are set.

GnR support for display names is coming, very soon. Very soon.

Let me know if that helps!

#15924 2 years ago

Just installed. Whooooo hooooo

665FEDBD-68E5-4A11-84B6-4742C7BE7053 (resized).jpeg665FEDBD-68E5-4A11-84B6-4742C7BE7053 (resized).jpegB490BED7-EA5E-4497-BD1A-F939CA14164A (resized).jpegB490BED7-EA5E-4497-BD1A-F939CA14164A (resized).jpeg
#15925 2 years ago

I’m late but made it to the show.

D5CD340D-A1E4-4140-AE93-5BDA51251B49 (resized).jpegD5CD340D-A1E4-4140-AE93-5BDA51251B49 (resized).jpeg
#15926 2 years ago

Quick question. If I understand correctly, the LE plaque number is not attached at all to the serial number of the game, correct? Anyone want to trade numbers? Would like to get a number that means something since this is a game I am keeping a long time.

Let me know!!

#15927 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Just unboxed my GnR...Question: the higher range seems a bit distorted, can’t find an equalizer in the settings. Is there an amp I can adjust somewhere?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Greetings dts - problem solved:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-jjp-super-kit/

#15928 2 years ago
Quoted from brmorr:

Quick question. If I understand correctly, the LE plaque number is not attached at all to the serial number of the game, correct? Anyone want to trade numbers? Would like to get a number that means something since this is a game I am keeping a long time.
Let me know!!

The game knows it's number. Don't know if that's user changeable or not though.

#15929 2 years ago

Anyone know what's the hold up/ status of the JJP art blades? All sites say shipping pre-order August or September.... But..

The LE signed by Jack from pingraffix that's for sale pending in the market here has them already installed and I think they look awesome... Just wondering if anyone has these now or if anyone knows what's the delay.
Screenshot_20211010-084234_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211010-084234_Chrome (resized).jpg

#15930 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The game knows it's number. Don't know if that's user changeable or not though.

If I remember right on WoZ you could manually enter the game plaque number on the settings menu, but I don't see a similar option for GnR.

EDIT: Found it. On GnR, it's under SETTINGS->GAME SETTINGS->GAME NUMBER

You can enter whatever you want.

And a request for pinball_keefer for this game number adjustment. If you hold the button, it kicks into a faster incrementing by one after a few seconds. This would be much more useful if it jumped to incrementing by 10 after a few seconds of holding the button, then by 100s after holding the button for a few seconds more. My alarm clock does this for setting times and it makes it very quick. To get to 2587 (my number) by ONES, even at an accelerated rate, took a LONG time. If it had the 1s, 10s, 100s increment progression, it would have taken about 10 seconds.

#15931 2 years ago

Can we add the stock jjp external audio control to an SE?

If so please lead the way.

#15932 2 years ago

Looking at a reoccurring record wobble; the 1/2" screw engages shaft just short of 5mm. It should be fine. I'll give it one more try with Loctite while thinking of sleeving the record if it doesn't hold. Ordered a 8-32 flat-screw kit too; the assembly will accept a 3/4" screw if needed.

Record (resized).jpgRecord (resized).jpgShaft (resized).jpgShaft (resized).jpg
#15933 2 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Looking at a reoccurring record wobble; the 1/2" screw engages shaft just short of 5mm. It should be fine. I'll give it one more try with Loctite while thinking of sleeving the record if it doesn't hold. Ordered a 8-32 flat-screw kit too; the assembly will accept a 3/4" screw if needed.[quoted image][quoted image]

Careful with the loctite. Don't get any excess on the plastic wheel. It will weaken or melt it.

#15934 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If I remember right on WoZ you could manually enter the game plaque number on the settings menu, but I don't see a similar option for GnR.

Its there on GnR, I can't recall where sorry

#15935 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Anyone know what's the hold up/ status of the JJP art blades? All sites say shipping pre-order August or September.... But..
The LE signed by Jack from pingraffix that's for sale pending in the market here has them already installed and I think they look awesome... Just wondering if anyone has these now or if anyone knows what's the delay.
[quoted image]

I asked a week ago and got back a “Soon”. So could be next week, could be next month. Seems less complex than the toppers, but we have shipping delays on everything so maybe that’s the issue? I’m getting close to opening this up, would be nice to do everything at once

#15936 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I’m late but made it to the show.
[quoted image]

What’s important is ya got here!

#15937 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Careful with the loctite. Don't get any excess on the plastic wheel. It will weaken or melt it.

Thanks.

Quoted from RA77:

Its there on GnR, I can't recall where sorry

Yes, I remember editing the setting when on arrival. It's in the Game Settings right after Adult Content.

Installed the Airball Barrier weeks ago, Tibetan Breeze last weekend and PinWoofer today. Makes a world of difference. Truly lucky to have these mods available.

GNRpinwoofer (resized).jpgGNRpinwoofer (resized).jpg
#15938 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

[quoted image]

Somebody posted Cointaker shipped them a set and shipping was fair priced.

These have grown in me and I’ll be getting a set as well.

#15939 2 years ago

GNR is steadily moving into a top 5, maybe even top 3 favorite pin of all time for me. Moments, Adrenalin, risk, agony, reward, and of course…the encore.

Just to share some of those moments I experienced tonight. Had double right loops then smack into the right ramp target for a lights double jackpot. Then a left loop > upper right flipper inner loop > whip around and let it bypass down to the bottom right flipper and smack into the left ramp straight into a ball lock. And anytime I get the ball to whiz through the center spinner and through the pops up the whizzy-do into the top lanes, especially during a band frenzy; so sweet.

I just can’t stop smiling, game is so good, felt compelled to post. I Feel bad for anyone refusing to experience the genius GNR offers when they think it’s just a glorified light show. Oh well, sucks to be them haha.

#15940 2 years ago

Oh and on a side note, and a bit of criticism with an offered up idea. Does anyone actually play slash solo? I find myself timing it out more and more. Hope keefer is reading cause here’s a simple rule addition to help the mode:

- when slash solo is going, allow the rest of the game to stack on it. Everything except starting a song. i.e. allow patches to be collected, members to be collected, booster multiballs to be played, etc… and if you stack a booster multiball with slash, have it continue playing the slash solo rather than the booster music. Also, let your total slash solo score add to your album levels (maybe with a capped amount. Lastly, only allow one slash solo per game.

#15941 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

That nut could go literally anywhere. For the spring I'm not entirely sure, but it kind of looks like a diverter spring. Maybe check the right ramp diverter?

Everything seems to be functioning?

#15942 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

GNR is steadily moving into a top 5, maybe even top 3 favorite pin of all time for me. Moments, Adrenalin, risk, agony, reward, and of course…the encore.
Just to share some of those moments I experienced tonight. Had double right loops then smack into the right ramp target for a lights double jackpot. Then a left loop > upper right flipper inner loop > whip around and let it bypass down to the bottom right flipper and smack into the left ramp straight into a ball lock. And anytime I get the ball to whiz through the center spinner and through the pops up the whizzy-do into the top lanes, especially during a band frenzy; so sweet.
I just can’t stop smiling, game is so good, felt compelled to post. I Feel bad for anyone refusing to experience the genius GNR offers when they think it’s just a glorified light show. Oh well, sucks to be them haha.

Can’t wait to have this feeling…soon

#15943 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

…is great to see you here Wildbill (…the last time I saw you was in a Jurassic Park thread if I’m not mistaken) , I hope that you get your game soon. Cheers

#15944 2 years ago

I've only had my game for about 3 weeks but i'm absolutely loving it.
I noticed this brass screw fall onto my playfield tonight. Any ideas where it might have fallen from? I'm thinking around the guitar neck area?
Also found a washer in the cabinet.
20211011_204032 (resized).jpg20211011_204032 (resized).jpg

#15945 2 years ago

Stupid question , are the coin mechs set up and ready to go .
I remember , I was told I had to pay extra to get the coin mechs to work on my Hobbit .

#15946 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I've only had my game for about 3 weeks but i'm absolutely loving it.
I noticed this brass screw fall onto my playfield tonight. Any ideas where it might have fallen from? I'm thinking around the guitar neck area?
Also found a washer in the cabinet.
[quoted image]

I had the same exact screw fall onto my Wonka playfield. It was out of the diverter solenoid left of the gobstopper, it is on the bottom of the solenoid where you can see it. The diverter allows the ball to go into the left return lane or diverts it to drop into the upper left flipper. Hopes this help, My G&R shows up next week

#15947 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Woot! Let me know when it comes in and Hit me up if you want any tips or help setting it up and getting it dialed in. It took a lot of adjusting with trial and error for me to get it playing how I like it….fast, mean, with lots of flowing combos. But 2 basic adjustments: realign the flippers to be parallel with the ball guide, and a 6.8-7 deg pitch - top of bubble just touching 2nd line.

#15948 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Stupid question , are the coin mechs set up and ready to go .
I remember , I was told I had to pay extra to get the coin mechs to work on my Hobbit .

Mine game came from the factory with USA Quarter coin mechs, at least mine did. I'm in Canada so I've swapped out both mechs and reject buttons for Canadian $1 coins (loonies). From there it's just a matter of going through the menu and setting up your pricing settings, how much a credit costs, how much a pulse from each mech is worth, etc.

#15949 2 years ago

I know this has probably come up time and time again and I'm sure the answer probably changes as people learn more strategy. But what patches do you guys prioritize getting at the start of a game? What are the best patches and patch combos to work towards as you get started?

I'm a novice player (at best). My best score is about 5.1 million, so I need all the help I can get!

#15950 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

I know this has probably come up time and time again and I'm sure the answer probably changes as people learn more strategy. But what patches do you guys prioritize getting at the start of a game? What are the best patches and patch combos to work towards as you get started?
I'm a novice player (at best). My best score is about 5.1 million, so I need all the help I can get!

I always start with Fender (must have before 1st song), then T-Shirt & Poster, Vader, Duff, Marshall & Gibson (xtra Ball), Melissa, Gun

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
12,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 319 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/319 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.