IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 569.
#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I joined the club today! - the machine was literally built yesterday in Chicago (10/20/20), shipped to Mike at Automated last night, and in my home (Long Island, NY) this AM (10/21/20.)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! When did you place your order?

#1352 3 years ago

Funny, i'm really looking forward to my Gunners pinball. But I'm really worried about the Avengers i ordered at the same time. So many production issues has me second guessing whether to cancel it or not.

#1353 3 years ago

Updated.

#1354 3 years ago

That brick orange looks nice

#1355 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Same as others - jealous but happy to see they are making them at least. Awesome pics - very nice. Enjoy it!

you might think they are pumping them out way too fast and QC is an afterthought.

#1356 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

you might think they are pumping them out way too fast and QC is an afterthought.

Way too fast? I donā€™t think more than 20 owners have posted to pinside with new games.

#1357 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Last Wednesday directly with Mike at Automated. 10/14/20.
This is my 4th machine from him. Highly recommended.

Man youā€™re incredibly lucky. I ordered mine day of release 1st second and no dice. Mike must have the hook up! Good to know

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Last Wednesday directly with Mike at Automated. 10/14/20.
This is my 4th machine from him. Highly recommended.

I ordered mine the same day will Bill at Fargo Pinball. I wonder when mine will come.

#1359 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I gave Jack a heads-up on the zip ties.

I don't think it's really a QA issue (I would say that for tech issue not this). It's just training not to pull those wires too tight with zip ties. But it wasn't anything egregious. I'm sure it worked perfectly at the factory - then the wires pulled when the head went down.

With that said - if you're a new pin owner I'm guessing you'd freak out. I just know better lol

#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm still playing with some sound settings, but I wish the callouts were a bit more audible during songs. This is my first JJP machine and I was hoping for better audio. This game NEEDS an external sub.

Adding an external sub won't help the backbox, unfortunately. Here's a link to our Super Kit if you want to take your GnR audio to the next level:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

PW-GT-8-JJP-SPK - coin door  (resized).jpgPW-GT-8-JJP-SPK - coin door (resized).jpg
#1361 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Adding an external sub won't help the backbox, unfortunately. Here's a link to our Super Kit if you want to take your GnR audio to the next level:
[quoted image]

I honestly didnt know you made a JJP version. Then again, ive never owned a JJP, haha. Definitely interested in your kit when I get my machine shortly.

#1362 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

if you want to take your GnR audio to the next level

Yes I do.

#1363 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

[quoted image]

Dan at pinwoofer is great to work with... I love his speaker and amp set ups!

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man youā€™re incredibly lucky. I ordered mine day of release 1st second and no dice. Mike must have the hook up! Good to know

He is JJP largest volume distro so I would expect them to get the most and the earliest batch.

#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

[quoted image]

I'll get one eventually. Right now, the fun money is gone and I have a spare external 12" polk on hand. You know I love the product! FYI, this game is a rattle monster with the shaker motor. I've been tracking down rattles all evening.

#1366 3 years ago

I'll get one eventually. Right now, the fun money is gone and I have a spare external 12" polk on hand. You know I love the product! FYI, this game is a rattle monster with the shaker motor. I've been tracking down rattles all evening.

Get a sub and you'll be fine. It makes all of the diff.

#1367 3 years ago

If anyone is interested, I played around with the picture settings on the monitor this evening. Out of the box the monitor looked washed out pretty bad to me. Turns out, the brightness was turned up to 90%!! And the color temp setting was at 6500k. No wonder it looked bad. I took brightness down to 0 (thats right zero), and changed color temp to 50/50/50 rgb, and it now looks crazy better. Much more vibrant colors and blacker blacks. Still no HD quality, but much better than out of box.

#1368 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Get a sub and you'll be fine. It makes all of the diff.

Already hooked up that 12" polk. Much better. Back box is still pretty crappy though.

#1369 3 years ago

Already hooked up that 12" polk. Much better. Back box is still pretty crappy though.

hook up a sound bar up top like the CE!!! ; )

That's what I'm doing.

#1370 3 years ago

Iā€™m taking notes on what you sound hounds are doing for GNR as Iā€™ve never added on other than some FF speakers here there in past.
This one will be worthy of an upgrade.

#1371 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Iā€™m taking notes on what you sound hounds are doing for GNR as Iā€™ve never added on other than some FF speakers here there in past.
This one will be worthy of an upgrade.

First thing (and only thing) I do to make a major change for the sound is add a sub. You'll get a lot of folks selling you full systems, new speakers ,etc....just get a sub and start there. It's a major diff.

The sound bar is just fun b/c it's on the CE and I never thought of that. I'm going to try but it's almost def not needed.

#1372 3 years ago

Iā€™ve been hearing about wear on the drumsticks... anyone think they will be an issue?

#1373 3 years ago

You guys might also want to consider an upgrade from the Polk, check out the Sony SACS9 10". It's $200 but has a more powerful Amp 115 W compared to 50 of the Polk, also it has a greater frequency range (28-200) but especially the lower end where it counts. I have one hooked up to my desktop with some Klipsch Reference R41PM Powered Monitors and the BASS is very good, not muddy and just the right amount of punch.

Another great $200 one is the BIC America F12

If your feeling saucy you could also go with a Klipsch 10" R100SW but now the price is getting a little up there $300

#1374 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Iā€™ve been hearing about wear on the drumsticks... anyone think they will be an issue?

Not remotely....where did you hear this? All the people who own the game haven't mentioned any wear on the drumsticks. If it does I'd be shocked if it occurs on the new games in the wild

#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not remotely....where did you hear this? All the people who own the game haven't mentioned any wear on the drumsticks. If it does I'd be shocked if it occurs on the new games in the wild

They have a wrap around them like a decal, different on the CE than LE

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1376 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

hook up a sound bar up top like the CE!!! ; )
That's what I'm doing.

May have to do that. Especially considering there's a 3.5mm jack in the backbox feeding the current speakers. I went the alligator clip route on the sub. Again, because I already had it on hand.

#1377 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Mylar is literally wrapped around the drumsticks.

#1378 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

They have a wrap around them like a decal, different on the CE than LE

I think the guy makes shit up

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think the guy makes shit up

You mean one of the JJP tech guys ?

Who has been at the factory and has a game ?

LTG : )

#1381 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You mean one of the JJP tech guys ?
Who has been at the factory and has a game ?
LTG : )

I donā€™t think he meant me

#1382 3 years ago

I believe he meant Nicoy3k

#1383 3 years ago

I believe he meant Nicoy3k

I agree with this

#1384 3 years ago

No the guy claiming there was wear on the sticks....sorry

#1385 3 years ago

Kermit24, whats your patch strategy man? Any ideas yet? I've started trying for the Marshall amp first since it helps spot band members. Beyond that, I'm lost. You've been playing for a bit now. Whats your take?

#1386 3 years ago

Kermit24, whats your patch strategy man? Any ideas yet? I've started trying for the Marshall amp first since it helps spot band members. Beyond that, I'm lost. You've been playing for a bit now. Whats your take?

The specific benefit of each patch is described in the mini LCD when you cycle through them. Patch sets are even more beneficial. Sets of like patches.

Iā€™m still trying to get all the patch sets straight. A few things Iā€™ve found:

There are patches that make getting cities easier. Airplane, Train and Bus. Also sunglasses help with that too. This will help you get to tour multiball faster.

Bra and Panties are a patch set that award double bonus for the entire game. I thought condom might help with that too but not sure as I havenā€™t collected all three yet.

If you collect all vendor patches: Marshall, Fender, Vater and Gibson that will light an extra ball as a patch set award.

Of course Iā€™m sure that collecting all 5 album patches will do something really cool. Havenā€™t donā€™t that yet.

#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Iā€™m still trying to get all the batch sets straight. A few things Iā€™ve found:
There are patches that make getting cities easier. Airplane, Train and Bus. Also sunglasses help with that too.
Bra and Panties are a patch set that award double bonus for the entire game. I thought condom might help with that too but not sure as I havenā€™t collected all three yet.
If you collect all vendor patches: Marshall, Fender, Vater and Gibson that will light an extra ball as a patch set award.
Of course Iā€™m sure that collecting all 5 album patches will do something really cool. Havenā€™t donā€™t that yet.

Good info. And as far as I can tell, action button changes patch, light G.N.R. on left inlane to collect selected patch. Any other ways to collect/earn patches?

#1388 3 years ago

Good info. And as far as I can tell, action button changes patch, light G.N.R. on left inlane to collect selected patch. Any other ways to collect/earn patches?

Yes. Draining through the hole on the upper PF spots a GNR letter and helps collect patches.

#1389 3 years ago

OWNERS.... PUT A SUBWOOFER ON THIS GAME!!!! Just like a shaker motor is a must have on Jurassic Park, the Sub is a must have on GnR. It make the song modes so much more immersive!!

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. Draining through the hole on the upper PF spots a GNR letter and helps collect patches.

Awesome! Did not notice that one

#1391 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I can only speculate that after 6.25 million plays they will probably be the size of toothpicks!

#1392 3 years ago

Finally going to start getting my photography back up on here, so figured I'd start with this one I shot a few days ago.

1GnR_vert_TFP (resized).jpg1GnR_vert_TFP (resized).jpg

Unfortunately I didn't have time to actually PLAY it -- I felt bad monopolizing the machine for as long as I did, while doing my photography thing ... but at the very least I can say WOW, the lightshow in this game is impressive!!!

Anyway, thought you'd all enjoy the pic (less the compression effects, as it doesn't look quite as vibrant here as the original) ... so here it is, along with my shameless plug -- see also: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04360-guns-n-roses-photo-by-turbofox-photography

#1393 3 years ago

Anyone have a rubber parts list for this game yet? Would love to have a spare Titan set ready.

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

Anyone have a rubber parts list for this game yet? Would love to have a spare Titan set ready.

The clear rubbers installed on the machine OOB aren't Titans?

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

The clear rubbers installed on the machine OOB aren't Titans?

I just assumed they would be generic silicone ones, not sure though, just wanted an extra Titan set.

#1396 3 years ago

OWNERS.... PUT A SUBWOOFER ON THIS GAME!!!! Just like a shaker motor is a must have on Jurassic Park, the Sub is a must have on GnR. It make the song modes so much more immersive!!

Cool......the sub only gives certain bass range.....
The JJP guys have designed this with the Soundbar in mind via the 3.5mm jack output.
I really think we are missing out if we donā€™t utilise this also.
Looking forward to hear feedback from an LE owner in this regard...

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

So I got a photo memory from the Oct 2017 Pinball Expo with Steve Epstein and saw that I had the 2017 Louisville Arcade Expo GNR shirt on. That was when I ordered my JJPOTC from Flip-n-Out / Larry Kitchen too. My brother and I came up with the design of that shirt while literally at the GnR Not In this Lifetime Tour concert in Cincinnati 2016. Turns out that concert poster is on the LE cabinet too! Needless to say, with Virtual Expo going on, and Steve telling me through this pic "You NEED to order this game too", I placed the order for a GNR LE with Flip-n-Out / zmeny !
Looking forward to joining the club![quoted image][quoted image]

Funny thing. The poster on the right of yours is the one from The Netherlands, Nijmegen which i was suppose to visit.

#1398 3 years ago

Notice the pooling on the left post on the upper playfield in picture above ā€

#1399 3 years ago

could that be a reflection of the gi? Not seeing it, plus... i think everyone that has the game has taken that pic...

71EB25A9-D478-4EBA-8B50-347C46D791D2 (resized).jpeg71EB25A9-D478-4EBA-8B50-347C46D791D2 (resized).jpeg
#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

As a representative from CANADA, I wish to remind everyone that we are not to be confused with Kaneda.
The USA is entirely to blame for that mess.

Lol , I could only be bothered correcting voice-to-text , once .
I don't blame you for wanting to clarify the difference

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.