Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 560.
#17601 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

That’s the beauty of the patch. You like the tension? Don’t collect it, collect another patch that speaks to you and you still maintain that tension you thrive for. Everybody wins!

Problem is, when things get hectic, sometimes I get two patches in a row without having time to change to the next one I want, so I can see a situation were I end up getting this patch and not wanting it, especially if it's next to one I frequently DO want.

#17602 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The crappy stock servos are likely failing on yours. Moving them manually helped them temporarily. Just replace them with the $10-$15 EMAX ones and your problem's solved.

I ordered 4 servos from aliexpress a week ago so they will get delivered at sometime. But for shits and giggles I moved them around when I had the glass off and they started working again. Didn’t know if someone had an explanation for it.

#17603 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The crappy stock servos are likely failing on yours. Moving them manually helped them temporarily. Just replace them with the $10-$15 EMAX ones and your problem's solved.
It's POSSIBLE you have a wire with a short, but I think that's less likely than bad servos because the ones JJP are using are bottom of the barrel junk.
Post with EMAX links is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/176#post-6250280

And don't forget your excellent post here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/285#post-6467352

#17604 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

I ordered 4 servos from aliexpress a week ago so they will get delivered at sometime. But for shits and giggles I moved them around when I had the glass off and they started working again. Didn’t know if someone had an explanation for it.

It could just be getting weak and moving it manually got it past the stuck/rough spot it didn't have the power to start from. It will get stuck again and then eventually quit.

#17605 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks.
I'd like one of these bumper ball savers too...
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4835017[quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely would like to have but don’t have printer and can’t order $80 worth.

Hope someone makes them avail. Ball gets stuck there a lot.

#17606 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

A clear adhesive dot right next to the post will stop it too

#17607 2 years ago

Or a couple little wedges of mylar where the ball sits will allow you to nudge it out of it ever does stick.

#17608 2 years ago

Installed pinstadiums. Absolute game changer. Looks factory and the integration is perfect. GnR lighting is the best I have seen but this is another level. Worth every penny IMO.

#17609 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Installed pinstadiums. Absolute game changer. Looks factory and the integration is perfect. GnR lighting is the best I have seen but this is another level. Worth every penny IMO.

Well if pinstadium is to the light show like pinwoofer is to the sound, then you'd think the pinstadium would be more popular. Someday I might try them since they have a money back guarantee.

Do you have any pics or video forthcoming?

#17610 2 years ago

No video taken but there are a bunch available online. The pinstadium commercial is pretty damn accurate. External sub is a must as well.

#17611 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Well if pinstadium is to the light show like pinwoofer is to the sound, then you'd think the pinstadium would be more popular. Someday I might try them since they have a money back guarantee.
Do you have any pics or video forthcoming?

I'd also love to see a video.
Been on the fence on these but I'm generally a fan of Pinstadium and have them on a lot of my other machines. I just wasn't sure it was needed on the already excellent JJP GnR.

#17612 2 years ago

To be honest. I preordered these before I got my GNR. When I got a shipping notification I forgot I pre paid for them.

After I got the pin, I thought why would I ever order them.

Greatest mistake!

#17613 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Hey Guys! I checked with Agima2000 and he approved printing some of these free of charge for disty to PinSider's. So, I printed some overnight. They are printed with PLA so there's no guarantee they will be strong enough to last the lifetime of the playfield, but free is free and who knows.

I'll send a few to @vespula, but is there a volunteer to take these off my hands and give them out? Thanks!

JJP Jet to Wireframe Diverter (resized).pngJJP Jet to Wireframe Diverter (resized).png

#17614 2 years ago

To those of you who have changed out the servos…..

My replacements seem to be slipping in the housings which makes the spot point all crazy. I did notice there was a plastic ring (like some sort of heat shrink tubing) around the gear of the original that would not go on the replacement servo gear. Did anyone experience this issue - any easy fixes out there?

#17615 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey Guys! I checked with Agima2000 and he approved printing some of these for free of charge disty to PinSider's. So, I printed some overnight. They are printed with PLA so there's no guarantee they will be strong enough to last the lifetime of the playfield, but free is free and who knows.
I'll send a few to Vespula, but is there a volunteer to take these off my hands and give them out? Thanks!
[quoted image]

#17616 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey Guys! I checked with Agima2000 and he approved printing some of these free of charge for disty to PinSider's. So, I printed some overnight. They are printed with PLA so there's no guarantee they will be strong enough to last the lifetime of the playfield, but free is free and who knows.
I'll send a few to Vespula, but is there a volunteer to take these off my hands and give them out? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Hey Dan, I'll take one, 2 if you have an extra for a friend.

#17617 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

My replacements seem to be slipping in the housings which makes the spot point all crazy. I did notice there was a plastic ring (like some sort of heat shrink tubing) around the gear of the original that would not go on the replacement servo gear. Did anyone experience this issue - any easy fixes out there?

Try wrapping the new gear in white plumbers tape or try heat shrink

#17618 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hey Dan, I'll take one, 2 if you have an extra for a friend.

Hey Hayfarmer ! - I'm checking around for someone to doll them out since I don't have the bandwidth due to my personal labor shortage LOL

#17619 2 years ago

In an effort to get more consistent ball feeds from the shooter lane and fix some cheap drains during multi-ball play, I added a about 1/2” of fuzzy velcro to slow the ball exit and feed the flipper more consistently.

I’m seeing about 1 in 20 launches going sdtm now as opposed to about 1 in 4.

Just putting this out there in case someone else is getting cheap drains off the feed.

8804B540-2079-449B-8CA4-7B5110ED1376 (resized).jpeg8804B540-2079-449B-8CA4-7B5110ED1376 (resized).jpeg
#17620 2 years ago

I volunteer Hayfarmer.
Hayfarmer, when you get them I would like one. Thks your cooperation.

#17621 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Problem is, when things get hectic, sometimes I get two patches in a row without having time to change to the next one I want, so I can see a situation were I end up getting this patch and not wanting it, especially if it's next to one I frequently DO want.

Fair point fair point. How about this? A patch that automatically collects jackpot and can only be activated when applause jackpot is lit and you press the action button. Also this patch can only be used once.

#17622 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I believe an earlier post from zaphX indicated the servo teeth may have rounded out (stripped) the grooves in the plastic cavity that's possibly why its slipping.
I don't know for sure. But I do have 6 Spotlight upgrade kits imported in over the next couple weeks from Germany if anyone wants one when they arrive.. I have 5 of 6 slots available @ $110 per kit shipped. PM me if you are interested in one of these remaining slots.

And there's more... Act now, and I will throw in a free bumper diverter! (thanks to PinWoofer )

#17623 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I believe an earlier post from zaphX indicated the servo teeth may have rounded out (stripped) the grooves in the plastic cavity that's possibly why its slipping.
I don't know for sure. But I do have 6 Spotlight upgrade kits imported in over the next couple weeks from Germany if anyone wants one when they arrive.. I have 5 of 6 slots available @ $110 per kit shipped. PM me if you are interested in one of these remaining slots.
And there's more... Act now, and I will throw in a free bumper diverter! (thanks to PinWoofer )

Agima2000 deserves the credit for the clever design!

#17624 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

My son is printing a set of the spotlight repair items from thingverse - hopefully that fixes it. In the mean time, I’m going with the plumbers tape idea Mattyk suggested.

Thank you, though.

#17625 2 years ago

On a different note, I have not seen any posts on the "snubber rubbers" located on each side of the center scoop. These are apparently in place to guide the ball into and out of the scoop. Nice idea but they don't last, after 1900 games mine have been replaced twice, when I first contacted a tech about this problem he told me not to play the game until they are replaced.

IMG_5768 (resized).jpegIMG_5768 (resized).jpegIMG_5769 (resized).jpegIMG_5769 (resized).jpeg
#17626 2 years ago
Quoted from trailrider:

On a different note, I have not seen any posts on the "snubber rubbers" located on each side of the center scoop. These are apparently in place to guide the ball into and out of the scoop. Nice idea but they don't last, after 1900 games mine have been replaced twice, when I first contacted a tech about this problem he told me not to play the game until they are replaced.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Here is a post
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-guns-n-roses-bnod-parts#post-6468504

Says you can get them from:
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/rubber-parts/snubber-block-rubber-bumper-blue-pad-for-guns-n-roses-scoop-on-jersey-jack-pinball-machine-25-1000007-00/

Also another post references:
JJP Part
25-100007-00 - SNUBBER Block
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/337#post-6573668

#17627 2 years ago

So my LE is delivering Wednesday!

Got a call from JJP on NOV 2nd that my pin was getting ready to ship, and shipped it last Tuesday Nov 9th to the local trucking company.
I scheduled some vacation time off starting this week on Thursday & Friday plus all next week with the holiday.
Hoping the pin would deliver sometime during this time...

Got a call 10 minutes ago from the trucking company they are delivering this Wednesday.
Just shy of 11 months from order date and the day before my scheduled time off.

#17628 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Got a call from JJP on NOV 2nd that my pin was getting ready to ship, and shipped it last Tuesday Nov 9th to the local trucking company.
I scheduled some vacation time off starting this week on Thursday & Friday plus all next week with the holiday.
Got a call 10 minutes ago from the trucking company they are delivering this Wednesday.

Nice. You’ve had a long wait. Enjoy.

#17629 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Congrats... its worth the wait.

#17630 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I’m excited that your excited.

#17631 2 years ago

Thinking of buying but this forum has me concerned. I've never bought a new pin, so forgive the naivety, but is this level of "I'm fixing/ adjusting/ replacing normal?"

Also, if I was to buy one 2nd hand, is there a manufacturers warranty that transfers or is it only original owner warranty?

Thanks all.

#17632 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I bought a supply of those blue bumpers from JJP to keep on hand after I broke one. It's a wear item.

Interesting that you would say those blue bumpers are a "wear item". It seems to me they one of the many not very well thought out pieces of this game. Think of the Addams Family "chair" with the posts on either side, I have never in 20 years had to replace them.

#17633 2 years ago
Quoted from JPKnapp:

but is this level of "I'm fixing/ adjusting/ replacing normal?"

You should be able to at least do some basic maintenance. With the ball running around sooner or later you'll have to clean it or fix something..

Quoted from JPKnapp:

Also, if I was to buy one 2nd hand, is there a manufacturers warranty that transfers

No.

LTG : )

#17634 2 years ago
Quoted from trailrider:

Interesting that you would say those blue bumpers are a "wear item". It seems to me they one of the many not very well thought out pieces of this game. Think of the Addams Family "chair" with the posts on either side, I have never in 20 years had to replace them.

That's the inexperience of the game designer. Pat Lawlor would have watched on and not wanted to be too critical of Eric. Hopefully with his next game design will have learnt a thing or too from the shortcomings of this game.

#17635 2 years ago
Quoted from JPKnapp:

Thinking of buying but this forum has me concerned. I've never bought a new pin, so forgive the naivety, but is this level of "I'm fixing/ adjusting/ replacing normal?"
Also, if I was to buy one 2nd hand, is there a manufacturers warranty that transfers or is it only original owner warranty?
Thanks all.

For a game THIS complex... Yes. its pretty normal.. I have not had any issues I have not expected yet.. always tweaking and adjusting as there is so much in the game...

Warranty does not transfer.

#17636 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Fair point fair point. How about this? A patch that automatically collects jackpot and can only be activated when applause jackpot is lit and you press the action button. Also this patch can only be used once.

I don't see Keith doing it, but that would work. Make it the prize for completing Slash's Solo.

#17637 2 years ago
Quoted from JPKnapp:

This forum does the exact opposite for me. Its my first pin ever, delivering Wednesday, and I am totally confident and strengthened by the fact that I can do all things through the power of the Pinside community.
Nobody leaves anybody (except the haters) hangin' around here.

#17638 2 years ago
Quoted from JPKnapp:

is this level of "I'm fixing/ adjusting/ replacing normal?"

So far I have had no fixing or replacing and have found GNR to require less adjusting than other NIB games I have purchased.

I have a July build and everything on mine was pretty close to perfect right out of the box.

#17639 2 years ago
Quoted from JPKnapp:

Thanks all.

It really depends on your OCD. I feel like I’ve done more tweaks and maintenance on GNR than any of the stern NIB’s I’ve had. If you’re unfamiliar with maintenance and tweaking pinballs, I’d recommend starting with a Stern pro (not premium or LE). Then move up from there. Other than that, GNR is one of the best pins ever made. A pin is only as good as the care you give it.

#17640 2 years ago

Seems like I have the glass off more than any other I've owned, for stuck balls and small adjustments. Part of the fun tho, for me anyways, and now that it's pretty dialed in, I'm really digging how it plays. Still trying to find the perfect pitch tho. Any solid recommendations?

#17641 2 years ago
Quoted from trailrider:

For what it’s worth, I’ve had to replace post rubbers long before the “blue nubs of death.” Might just be the angle at which the ball is hitting these on GNR that maybe wears them out faster, but they’re definitely a wear item. Keep a few on hand for replacing like you would any rubber on a pin.

#17642 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Seems like I have the glass off more than any other I've owned, for stuck balls and small adjustments. Part of the fun tho, for me anyways, and now that it's pretty dialed in, I'm really digging how it plays. Still trying to find the perfect pitch tho. Any solid recommendations?

Mines on 6.7

#17643 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

For what it’s worth, I’ve had to replace post rubbers long before the “blue nubs of death.” Might just be the angle at which the ball is hitting these on GNR that maybe wears them out faster, but they’re definitely a wear item. Keep a few on hand for replacing like you would any rubber on a pin.

You should bear in mind that our use levels are very high. Thousands of plays.

#17644 2 years ago

Just got mine back from Newcastle Pinfest yesterday. 300 odd games over the weekend.

DSCF0032[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0032[1] (resized).jpg

#17645 2 years ago

Just got an email from FedEx that my JJP art blades have finally shipped.

GnR-Inner-Art-Blades-Promo (resized).jpgGnR-Inner-Art-Blades-Promo (resized).jpg

#17646 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, if anyone is planning on installing mirror blades and you don’t have enough room on one side versus the other. You can loosen the lockdown receiver and slide it over a bit. Now I have plenty of room on both sides for mirror blade install. Hopefully that helps someone out.

My mirror blades didn’t come with screws. Any recommendations?

#17647 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Do they darken for a song? How would you describe the experience? Because I feel the game is perfection out of the box especially in song modes with that dark concert like contrast…. Curious how it’s different.

#17648 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

So far I have had no fixing or replacing and have found GNR to require less adjusting than other NIB games I have purchased.
I have a July build and everything on mine was pretty close to perfect right out of the box.

You must have both a horseshoe up your ass and stepped accidentally on horse shit
Different experience for me compared to my NIB Sterns.
Lost count on the number of glass off moments.
Still loving the pin though.

#17649 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just got an email from FedEx that my JJP art blades have finally shipped.
[quoted image]

Nice one, these are very cool… look good with the official topper.

#17650 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

My mirror blades didn’t come with screws. Any recommendations?

3M Super Strength Molding Tape, 03614, 1/2 in x 15 ft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002JOVUO0/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_FYEKE135FG8WF2YEXJHE

This is what I have used on mirror blades recently. You can skip the screws entirely with this. I would recommend using clamps to hold the mirror in place on one side while you tape it on the other. The stuff is extremely sticky and it should stay in place.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairmount, IN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/353 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.