20210512_130128 (resized).jpg
20210512_130200 (resized).jpg
20210512_130059 (resized).jpg
AC25649D-7ACE-4797-AB75-9EAF79EB2ED6 (resized).jpeg
D1EA404F-2BCA-4BFD-BA27-3BE6BADB1CA9 (resized).jpeg
C12D6C4E-2DB3-4069-A4BF-B45576881E3B (resized).jpeg
28887625-8F20-4E5B-AF2A-45FD6540FFC3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9538 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 191.
#9051 10 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I would gladly pay JJP extra to have a playfield like Haggis.. free from dimples, pooling, chipping, missing art.. That would eliminate most modern pin issues

You beat me to it .
It's been a while since any of these issues have been reported here .
If it is a small random issue now , I don't know why JJP doesn't make Micro give people new playfields , at the minimum , to try the keep them happy .

#9052 10 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

This happened to me, it’s in part because that post becomes loose over time, it isn’t held by a nut at the bottom. It’s easy to not realize that the post is rattling around smashing against the playfield. I used these clear washers which look good. I used 1” washers and they don’t interact with the ball. I actually put the 3/4 washers on every other post in the game just in case.
https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html

Might grab a few of these to have just in case. You used 3/4” where you had no issues and 1” where there was chipping?
Just got my game Friday and nothing yet but want to be prepared.

#9053 10 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

This happened to me, it’s in part because that post becomes loose over time, it isn’t held by a nut at the bottom. It’s easy to not realize that the post is rattling around smashing against the playfield. I used these clear washers which look good. I used 1” washers and they don’t interact with the ball. I actually put the 3/4 washers on every other post in the game just in case.
https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html

What about these, wouldn't they be better since they are silicone?

#9054 10 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak: What I don't understand is how Hobbit playfields made by Micro are pretty much perfect, probably the best quality playfields on JJP games. Micro seemed to change something with how they are making playfields. It's on JJP though for continuing to use them and sell products with quality defects.

Yep , my Hobbit Playfield was perfect after thousands of balls .
What I don't get is why would you let a third party make your product look so bad .

#9055 10 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What's sad is the clear coat used in old Bally Williams diamond plate playfields is still available. The real problem may be artwork around posts due to the digital printing process used today. Stern got around this by not putting artwork around posts. At this point I wish JJP would do the same thing.
What I don't understand is how Hobbit playfields made by Micro are pretty much perfect, probably the best quality playfields on JJP games. Micro seemed to change something with how they are making playfields. It's on JJP though for continuing to use them and sell products with quality defects.

I have zero issues with my Hobbit. Fingers crossed with my GnR

#9056 10 days ago
Quoted from greeneye:

I have zero issues with my Hobbit. Fingers crossed with my GnR

My GNR LE has a good playfield, game needed other adjustments however (e.g., shooter lane sdtm, sdtm from the locks). Hobbit also needed adjustments out of the box (ramp flaps curling, balls flying off left return wire form, beast mech adjustments, etc.).

#9057 10 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Might grab a few of these to have just in case. You used 3/4” where you had no issues and 1” where there was chipping?
Just got my game Friday and nothing yet but want to be prepared.

yep

#9058 10 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So does anyone have a song with their favorite lighting effects? I'd rank "Out to Get" me as my favorite so far.
It's fun how you experience different lighting moments, as you are able to play further into the song on subsequent plays.

I’m a fan of Rocket Queen once you get about halfway through the song. It’s almost mesmerizing...

#9059 9 days ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I’m a fan of Rocket Queen once you get about halfway through the song. It’s almost mesmerizing...

Yes! Totally my answer! Agreed. I kept choosing this song when I was playing on location. All the red in the light show and at just the right times (minute 2, minute 3) with the music .. omg.. there's 100% pure adrenaline.. so addicting and not easy to get in the zone with this song as a new player but man, just hit it once and you're chasing it over and over!!

#9060 9 days ago

Went with the soft white (amber) LED strips. The artwork is fantastic and too bad JJP didn’t light it up for shit. Oh well that’s the cheapest mod there ever was and well worth it especially running the jukebox IMO.

15E6968E-C6BB-4973-99A5-BE7236F1A73A (resized).jpeg
#9061 9 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My GNR LE has a good playfield, game needed other adjustments however (e.g., shooter lane sdtm, sdtm from the locks). Hobbit also needed adjustments out of the box (ramp flaps curling, balls flying off left return wire form, beast mech adjustments, etc.).

Yes this game was definitely NOT plug and play:

This is just to help out NIB owners, NOT TO SLAM ON JJP as all Pins need a little early on care

I'm a little OCD so some of my items may not even be on your radar or may be considered trivial

Here's what I have checked/adjusted so far since getting it a last week...some of it was preventative :

Everythiing here I have remedied back to 100% or fixed it to be unseen/not spreading/fixed. Some I have posted detailed workarounds for and some are listed as key posts in this thread:

Cliffy shooter lane and scoop - added (see Key Post)
Flipper decal wrinkle left button -- fixed 100% (see Key Post)
Backbox washed out - changed settings, better, not great (see Key Post)
Right One way gate stuck up position - fixed see next
Gate stuck because of peeling mylar on both drumsticks underneath - removed and put new mylar underneath (see Key Post)
Lockdown bar foam peeling away on 2 extenders that cushion glass - replaced new foam
SDTM drains off locks - squeezed side rail closer to center
Left Ramp Wwire gate coming undone during play - bent upright holder inward slightly to prevent wire from coming loose
Both Spotlights broken - RMA's with JJP - very fast service
Upper playfield flipper rubber split at rail contact - replaced with Titan
Upper playfield post to locks pooling and clear/art gone - added SG< mylar large and small washer
Imbalanced spinning record, plastic rubbing underneath not allowing rotation smoothly, removed and reset, adjusted, spinning perfectly now (may have got jostled in shipping)
Some decal wrinkling on spinning record - living with for now - may get new decal at some point, very minor
6 factory rubbers split before first ball - replaced everything with Titans
AXL magnet extended too far up, contacting ball too much, put 2 washer below playfield and evened it out to not contact ball abruptly, smoother roll, magnet works perfectly
2 pop posts pooling and washers overtightened, missing artwork, added larger washers
Lower post near inlane splitter showing wear on playfield, overtightened from factory - added larger washer and mylar
Lower pop skirt ball area sticking - added foam pience on skirt
Sound - very grainy upper end - added Pinwoofer GT amp kit in addition to external sub
Backbox glass rattle/loose - added weatherstip to back of glass to prevent movement
Lockdown bar not seated properly/loose - adjusted screws - tight fit now

So as I've said, these are all fixed or near 100%
I'm happy with the pin still as most of mine have gone througha breakin, adjust, fix period the first month. This one, just a little more than all the rest. Do I feel it's good quality..In all honesty, yes, do I think there needs to be some better QC, most definitely.

#9062 9 days ago

holy crap you guys werent kidding about the slingshot rubbers. I got a week in and they are torn to shreds! Shouldve ordered in advance but now I guess the game is sidelined a few days. Well more time to play stranger things le which I got the same weekend.

#9063 9 days ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Went with the soft white (amber) LED strips. The artwork is fantastic and too bad JJP didn’t light it up for shit. Oh well that’s the cheapest mod there ever was and well worth it especially running the jukebox IMO.
[quoted image]

Could you show where you connected your strips and where , thank you much.

Looks great

#9064 9 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yep , my Hobbit Playfield was perfect after thousands of balls .
What I don't get is why would you let a third party make your product look so bad .

Yeah, it's weird how Mirco had it right for a bit and now is consistently a mess. I'm wondering if JJP was originally using the ceramic finish on those early mircos but it was too expensive. Problems started with Dialed In, right off the bat.

#9065 9 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What's sad is the clear coat used in old Bally Williams diamond plate playfields is still available.

Wasn't diamondplate finish more like an epoxy of some kind? I didn't think it was regular clearcoat.

#9066 9 days ago

I checked the playfield on my SE and I have some significant dimpling in one area. Where do I go from here? Ignore it? Is this a common issue with playfields from say, the 90's? Does it get much worse leading to cracking etc.?

I'm somewhat concerned considering I just got it and have about a dozen plays on it! Again, where do I go from here?

4D17C52F-A40B-4290-8770-BB828B6B45F2 (resized).png
#9067 9 days ago
Quoted from greeneye:I checked the playfield on my SE and I have some significant dimpling in one area. Where do I go from here? Ignore it? Is this a common issue with playfields from say, the 90's? Does it get much worse leading to cracking etc.?
I'm somewhat concerned considering I just got it and have about a dozen plays on it! Again, where do I go from here?
[quoted image]

Totally normal. No issue.

#9068 9 days ago
Quoted from greeneye:

I checked the playfield on my SE and I have some significant dimpling in one area. Where do I go from here? Ignore it? Is this a common issue with playfields from say, the 90's? Does it get much worse leading to cracking etc.?
[quoted image]

I would call those normal. Nothing like the moon craters you see on some Spike playfields.

#9069 9 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Could you show where you connected your strips and where , thank you much.
Looks great

Cut the plug for the old LED and spliced in two 6 foot fixtures from amazon

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9070 9 days ago

Soo. How do i replace the darn slingshot rubbers in this game? Do i have to remove the entire base guitar wireform and the left ramp return just to change the rubbers?

#9071 9 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Soo. How do i replace the darn slingshot rubbers in this game? Do i have to remove the entire base guitar wireform and the left ramp return just to change the rubbers?

No.

#9072 9 days ago

Hehe how do i do this then! Right side is hard to with that return rail

#9073 9 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Hehe how do i do this then! Right side is hard to with that return rail

Remove nuts. Remove plastic. Replace rubber. Replace plastic. Replace nuts.

#9074 9 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Remove nuts. Remove plastic. Replace rubber. Replace plastic. Replace nuts.

I feel super dumb here but I dont seem to be able to do that the way its constructed..... see pics.

20210504_185526873_iOS (resized).jpg20210504_185533450_iOS (resized).jpg20210504_185541524_iOS (resized).jpg20210504_185545640_iOS (resized).jpg
#9075 9 days ago

Thanks for the quick peace of mind!

By the way I installed a RGB music mod from Mezelmods and if you have a LE or SE it’s a no brainer

#9076 9 days ago

Gotta ask and it's silly but is wear on the shooter area normal for such a new game. I have order cliffys but I'm kinda OCD as well. I know wear is normal but shocked that it's already wearing away. What is everyone thoughts on this.

#9077 9 days ago

Got the right rubber on. But still cant see how to do the left without removing a bunch of stuff

#9078 9 days ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Cut the plug for the old LED and spliced in two 6 foot fixtures from amazon[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you very much!!

#9079 9 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

But still cant see how to do the left without removing a bunch of stuff

Remove the locknut. Remove slingshot rubber ring. Gently lift wireform over the post locknut was on, just enough to squeeze the old rubber ring out and new one in.

Position new rubber ring on posts. Pull it around a bit to get even tension on all sides.

Replace locknut.

Done.

LTG : )

#9080 9 days ago

Ok i didnt know that one long hex bolt thing would come off without hurting something. Thanks

#9081 9 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok i didnt know that one long hex bolt thing would come off without hurting something. Thanks

Where in my post did I say to F with that.

Remove the old rubber ring over the slingshot plastic and hex post. Slip the new one over the hex post and the slingshot plastic.

#9082 9 days ago

Ok i didnt know that one long hex bolt thing would come off without hurting something. Thanks. Still learning!

#9083 9 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Where in my post did I say to F with that.

LTG unchained.

banner_transform.gif
#9084 9 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Still learning!

I know. That is why I tried to simplify it for you.

#9085 9 days ago

I like that he just said the same thing again straight after the backhander he got the first time he said it.

big-balls-apron (resized).jpg

#9086 9 days ago

Heh double post by mistake. I got it done. Used 2 inch rubbers as its all i had around and maybe itll last longer

#9087 9 days ago

My tech noticed that same post has an identical chip on mine on the weekend. I emailed my distributor just to seek his advice about how best to cover it and he rang straight back (as always).

He said to use a hairdryer to try to settle it and cover with a fibre washer which i intend to do.

I think the idea of a new playfield because of it is hysteria.

#9088 9 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

My tech noticed that same post has an identical chip on mine on the weekend. I emailed my distributor just to seek his advice about how best to cover it and he rang straight back (as always).
He said to use a hairdryer to try to settle it and cover with a fibre washer which i intend to do.
I think the idea of a new playfield because of it is hysteria.

A few weeks ago it seemed like you were kinda iffy on the game, has it hooked you?

#9089 9 days ago

Man this black chrome is sexy!

F9614485-3534-4151-88FB-73C86154E94D (resized).jpeg
#9090 9 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

A few weeks ago it seemed like you were kinda iffy on the game, has it hooked you?

No, i enjoy it, but it's not my favourite game to play.

It's staying, and i love it for the best lightshow and prettiest ramps in the business, the good music (did they just flip the finger at their fans with that shit last album and say fuck you?) and the stunning artwork. But the game is too deep for me to understand with tyoo much going on.

That's ok, i have twenty something other machines i can play and i can still play this when i feel like it too and have fun. I just know that it's a scoring based game and i'm never going to be able to exploit that no matter how half decent i may get at flipper control in the future because i'm never going to invest the effort needed to unravel it.

Still, i'm keeping it and there's four or five here that i'm not keeping.

#9091 9 days ago

From what I understand, they were contractually obligated to do one more album, but they had essentially broken up. The Spaghetti Incident? exists because they didn't want to get sued.

That's my understanding anyway.

Quoted from punkin:

(did they just flip the finger at their fans with that shit last album and say fuck you?)

#9092 9 days ago

Thanks. Doesn't explain why they wanted it on the pinball machine, they can't be proud of the music, even if they are proud of the move.

#9093 9 days ago

It isn't on the pinball machine, is it? Some people got a little nod toward it being on the spinner, but there are no songs from it. They could have (minus licensing issues), I believe they did some songs during the tour, but they were left off.

Quoted from punkin:

Thanks. Doesn't explain why they wanted it on the pinball machine, they can't be proud of the music, even if they are proud of the move.

#9094 9 days ago

Status update on the jjGnR Tibetan Breeze coil cooling kits:

After being paused for a month and a half to resolve failures that came in from the beta testers right as I opened general orders, domestic backorders with the new bracket design have been going out since last week and should be done in the next day or so, then international will be filled. I still expect to have all the backorders caught up by the end of this week. The new design is a side mount like the Stern kit that's been rock solid for almost a year now.

I'll open up for new orders again for the kit on pinmonk.com this Friday, but if I get too many, I'll still may pause them so I don't get too overloaded at once.

#9095 9 days ago

I don't know their songs or albums, but i'm talking about the last album on the pinball machine with 4 or so real shitty songs on it that don't sound like the rest of the music on the machine.

#9096 9 days ago

Chinese democracy? That's just Axl and a scab band. Decent and even really great musicians came and left after the real band broke up, but none of the really good ones lasted.

Quoted from punkin:

I don't know their songs or albums, but i'm talking about the last album on the pinball machine with 4 or so real shitty songs on it that don't sound like the rest of the music on the machine.

#9097 9 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Do you need to use hairspray too?

This must be a new playfield restoration process. Do you mind sharing a photo of the chips please?

We are in the cue for a LE and the playfield issues still seem to be around and have been plaguing JJP since Dialed in. Normally a few chips and a bit of pooling does not stop us from buying games but when you start to see the issues on lots of games it means lots of games have shit playfields.

#9098 9 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Do you need to use hairspray too?
This must be a new playfield restoration process. Do you mind sharing a photo of the chips please?
We are in the cue for a LE and the playfield issues still seem to be around and have been plaguing JJP since Dialed in. Normally a few chips and a bit of pooling does not stop us from buying games but when you start to see the issues on lots of games it means lots of games have shit playfields.

My chip in the artwork under the clear is exactly the same as the one in the photo around the same post that is shown a few posts back. No point me oposting a duplicate pic.

If it had been there while it was in a show room and i saw it, I'd still buy the machine and still put a washer over it. I don't think the playfield is shit, it just has a small fault on it that i can't see unless i move the machine and stand up the front and is easily stopped from spreading if not repaired. If it does become a widespread issue over the entire playfield i am very sure that my Distributor Paul from Pinball Sales Australia will stand behind it and so will JJP.

I don't believe in all the chicken little sky is falling stuff is all, and wouldn't have bothered mentioning it if it wasn't that i saw an identical pic and i know that JJP monitors this stuff and will put a remedy in place when they find out it's more than an isolated incident. As they did with sling posts. That's what i want to see as a proactive move from them. Not sending populated playfields, but everyone is different and it's up to JJP. I wouldn't refuse delivery of a new playfield, just would never ask for one for such a minor issue.

#9099 9 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

My chip in the artwork under the clear is exactly the same as the one in the photo around the same post that is shown a few posts back. No point me oposting a duplicate pic.
If it had been there while it was in a show room and i saw it, I'd still buy the machine and still put a washer over it. I don't think the playfield is shit, it just has a small fault on it that i can't see unless i move the machine and stand up the front and is easily stopped from spreading if not repaired. If it does become a widespread issue over the entire playfield i am very sure that my Distributor Paul from Pinball Sales Australia will stand behind it and so will JJP.
I don't believe in all the chicken little sky is falling stuff is all, and wouldn't have bothered mentioning it if it wasn't that i saw an identical pic and i know that JJP monitors this stuff and will put a remedy in place when they find out it's more than an isolated incident. As they did with sling posts. That's what i want to see as a proactive move from them. Not sending populated playfields, but everyone is different and it's up to JJP. I wouldn't refuse delivery of a new playfield, just would never ask for one for such a minor issue.

Thanks very much for the honest feedback, appreciate it. Good to know you have confidence in our Distro, that is extremely important to me.

#9100 9 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Status update on the jjGnR Tibetan Breeze coil cooling kits:
After being paused for a month and a half to resolve failures that came in from the beta testers right as I opened general orders, domestic backorders with the new bracket design have been going out since last week and should be done in the next day or so, then international will be filled. I still expect to have all the backorders caught up by the end of this week. The new design is a side mount like the Stern kit that's been rock solid for almost a year now.
I'll open up for new orders again for the kit on pinmonk.com this Friday, but if I get too many, I'll still may pause them so I don't get too overloaded at once.

That is good news. Looking forward to seeing the breeze come when temperatures are heating up this week in Europe

There are 9538 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 191.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside