Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

414 posts in this topic match your search for posts by kermit24. You are on page 1 of 2.
#174 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

LE buyers..... Any timeline given on getting your game?

Wednesday (tomorrow) pickup. I'm IN!!!!

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

After Rick n Morty and now GNR - you can see how working with the content creator produces such great theme integration.
Wonder is Stern will produce a partnership like this .....

They did a pretty good job with Ghostbusters.

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from brmorr:

I have one quick question about GNR. Is the music in the pin the stuff with Axl singing now or back in the 80/90's?
If its now, I might have to wait until I play and hear this thing.

Studio masters.

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I have talked to distributors who don't even know how many CE models they are going to be allotted?

I talked to mine and it seems the distros "request" a number of CE games and it is up to JJP to allocate if the number of games requested exceeds the quantity available.

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Why is this appetite for destruction album cover banned?
[quoted image]

Tipper Gore. She led the charge in 1985 to ban them.

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

How quickly do y’all think the LE will sell out? I would love to get one but I don’t think I could pull the trigger on another pin for another 6 months or so. I may have to work the corner to get enough for this one. Lol.

You have plenty of time. I could see a scenario where if the LE games sell out you see a “premium” game with no powder coat and a different art package with the same playfield features for $8500.

#300 3 years ago

There is a crap ton of stuff to do in this game. I am not worried about the rules / multiball on this one. Hopefully I'll be playing today and post my thoughts.

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Depending on how many/long the multiballs are from the factory, this may be a great option. Although, ballsave at initial plunge is nice occasionally

I believe normal ball save and multiball ball save are separate adjustments.

#331 3 years ago

LE Number 225 coming home!

8CA3D6D7-E36C-43BB-85B8-BA97380C34D2 (resized).jpeg8CA3D6D7-E36C-43BB-85B8-BA97380C34D2 (resized).jpeg
#351 3 years ago

new code !

E3968CA0-6B81-4FE0-A244-AB826B3F9855 (resized).jpegE3968CA0-6B81-4FE0-A244-AB826B3F9855 (resized).jpeg
#363 3 years ago

Game is incredible.

D83CF2A5-0B36-4124-B97A-3BDE156621AD (resized).jpegD83CF2A5-0B36-4124-B97A-3BDE156621AD (resized).jpeg
#370 3 years ago

For those who are calling this an easy multiball game, you are sorely mistaken. Sure it has lots of multi balls but this isn’t an easy game set up properly.

#373 3 years ago

Just play it. It’s so immersive and fun. Concert experience.

#379 3 years ago

I’m not a “super fan” but after a few hours of games I can say this thing is fantastic. Not disappointed at all.

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

? There is an upper flipper on the center right that directly feeds a loop to feed the upper Playfield. Works perfectly

Huh?

#411 3 years ago

Has anyone been able to successfully pair Apple AirPods Pro to this machine?

What is the trick? I know how to get into the Bluetooth menu and scan and make the AirPods discoverable.

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Really nice to see the mantis? style protector! Or is that a Cliffy style in the scoop?

It’s like a hybrid of both.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#413 3 years ago

More than 40 pinball machines have been in my basement and this is then first one my kids have been impressed with. That says something. I guess?

#471 3 years ago

This game plays super fair. If you are killing it you will be rewarded. But don’t expect to be playing a long game if you brick shots. I wouldn’t touch any settings until you have played a few games. Keith gets it and the long games for me so far were because of great play.

#489 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what happens to the balls locked when you drain?
How is the upper PF? I can't figure out the shots up there and how is the ball placed in the upper PF only from the left ramp or is there a VUK and where is the shot to the VUK?

The VUK to the bass wire form is the hole in the upper left of the playfield.

17013616-7D00-4AAD-A0D3-E0F5737B914B (resized).jpeg17013616-7D00-4AAD-A0D3-E0F5737B914B (resized).jpeg

#491 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

got it!
what about the locked balls when you drain?

If you lock balls, and then drain before you start a song, the balls released after your game is over.

There is only one way to the upper PF. The left ramp.

#496 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Yeah, that seemed to be the case. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will let me know

Yes there is no lock stealing. The game knows who did what. You do need to be ready for the ball release from the guitar neck. It can be dangerous.

#538 3 years ago

OK, so since this IS an owners thread after all, I think I should post some early learnings.

1. When you remove the huge packing foam around Axl, check the switch wires. For me one of them (Guitar lock entry) was pressed down by the foam and was shorted closed. Just a simple adjustment to get the wire off the switch bracket.

2. After a a couple days, the spinning record became wobbly. Just needed to tighten the screw under the PF.

3. Did have one reset today while playing Patience. Not sure if they can send the log over WiFi to Keith or they need it?

4. I think all playfields are the same (except CE Glitter obviously). See the Coma lock under the LE apron?

Loving the game and will have a few friends over again tomorrow to play.

9ED814B5-BEDF-4BD4-AB24-9BE4015FF31A_1_102_o (resized).jpeg9ED814B5-BEDF-4BD4-AB24-9BE4015FF31A_1_102_o (resized).jpegAxl (resized).pngAxl (resized).pngComa (resized).pngComa (resized).png
#546 3 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

For those of you who already have it in house, how does travel work? Do the little lights show you where you are, or have been?

That is one rule that I need to lean more about. The cities on the map turn green with you have been there, but I'm not sure the scoring benefits, importance, etc.

#551 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

How do you advance cities? How does that factor into getting to wizard modes?

Three travel shots: Left/Right Orbits and upper flipper loop. When they are green, you can shoot it and the City advances. Beyond that I don't know the benefits yet.

#588 3 years ago

Those rails are the Fu**in' bomb!! I've never owned a JJP before. Why dont all companies do rails like this?!

$$$$$$

#604 3 years ago

Soooooo, my distributor says my game should ship today, but call JJP for a tracking number since it's being drop shipped. I then call JJP, and they emailed me the bill of lading from the freight company, still no tracking number though. So I call the freight company and they poke around in their computer and tell me "hmmm looks like our truck showed up for a pickup, but the business has moved"! So, another call to JJP, only to find out my distributor gave the shipping company JJPs OLD ADDRESS!!!! Dammit!!! How many weeks is this gonna cost me?

Ok. Please tell us who this distributor is.

#622 3 years ago

Ok for those that have the game, what kind of scores are you putting up? So far my highest is 7.5M but I feel like I’m barely scratching the surface.

#627 3 years ago

So for me it’s not just AirPods. I’ve tried to connect 3 different Bluetooth headphones and none of them have worked. The others pair fine but no audio comes through them. Hopefully they get it sorted out.

#637 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I wish I was getting an LE, period!
Some day.....
This game just hit another level, or 3, above existing music pins! Not quite what WOZ achieved, but man I thought I'd never see JJP hit a different, unique high water mark for pinball!

I think at the end of the day this will sell more units than WOZ. It’s a better game.

#642 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does anyone know how many WOZs have been sold? Across all models?

Some JJP close followers may know, but I’d guess they have shipped over 5,000 WOZ games.

#643 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I was going to order an LE when my gameroom is finished, should be around christmas.
After seeing sdtm initial review, im kind of worried the LE's will be sold out by then.

Not a chance.

#650 3 years ago
Quoted from Slingshot:

Last NIB was a Dialed In, my next is the CE. I am really looking forward to get ting this into my line up. Couple things I am curios about; How many balls are required for the game and how long typically, is a game out before IPDB adds it to their roster? TIA.

Congrats on the CE. 6 Balls. Not sure about IPDB.

#656 3 years ago

I figured out what cities do. It was listed in the TWIP article the entire time.

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 9.26.15 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-10 at 9.26.15 AM (resized).png
#661 3 years ago

Had a guest over today.

4F0BF7F4-30A5-44BC-A5B7-DAEFEDE04189.jpeg4F0BF7F4-30A5-44BC-A5B7-DAEFEDE04189.jpeg61A72E73-2148-4039-95EA-F3C26A4D4EDA.jpeg61A72E73-2148-4039-95EA-F3C26A4D4EDA.jpeg
#677 3 years ago

No playfield issues.

#702 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then hardwire the mod. Why wouldn’t you be able to do that?

You could there would be multiple options. I’d say the speakers are better than Stern but not quite good enough for me. I’ll try an external sub probably first.

#721 3 years ago

Good reviews above. Exactly what I have been trying to point out. This game is the most fun I have had in pinball period.

#740 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Question? How does the WiFi work for downloading code?
Do you keep the pin logged in to WiFi?
Does the pin notify you of updates?

You connect to your network one time by entering the password. I checked and downloaded the 1.05 update. Not sure if it notifies you that new software is available.

You need to agree to a privacy policy to go online. It’s pretty basic, the programmers and designers have access to your game logs for improvements etc. It says the photos are not collected.

9D9C5731-83CB-4F07-ACD3-F17FFBB83A8B (resized).jpeg9D9C5731-83CB-4F07-ACD3-F17FFBB83A8B (resized).jpeg
#742 3 years ago

(Reposting from another thread)

Overall, the code for this game is great. But the Desert Demolition mode (UYI1 Album Mode) doesn’t seem to be coded completely. No direction on the small lcd and no progress shown. Eventually it will exit out of the mode if you keep the ball alive long enough. I’m on 1.05.

#755 3 years ago

Here is another minor issue with an easy fix. This is for the Guitar neck lock release. There is a gold bolt that adjusts the resting position of the plungers that release the balls. This fell out on one for me. Simple to find in cabinet and reattach. I don’t think it was ever tight from the factory.

CCE8E6B5-BE5E-4F2E-88B4-0913EB060DE5 (resized).jpegCCE8E6B5-BE5E-4F2E-88B4-0913EB060DE5 (resized).jpeg
#757 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You are now our tech support til we get ours.

Happy to help. I bet some of these things may be common in early builds. This is my first JJP and I’m super impressed in the quality overall. It’s pinball and this stuff happens.

#784 3 years ago

Artwork is different for sure. The holes seem to be the same.

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I believe they are already protected, pinball_keefer mentioned something in a stream about it.

Drumsticks have mylar on them.

#807 3 years ago
Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 1.09.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-12 at 1.09.39 PM (resized).png
#854 3 years ago

Another minor easy fix issue today: The upper right flipper was sticking and it was a mechanical issue. The coil bracket was not straight and it caused the issue because the plunger wouldn’t move freely. It’s possible it wasn’t tight enough and it worked itself crocked over the first 200 games or so.

Just loosened the bracket, aligned and tightened. All good.

#856 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I certainly hope JJP was prepared for this. They worked so hard to get a hit like GNR and last thing they need is 6-10 month lead-times to deliver games. I've seen this movie before (CGC) and although people can be patient with a deposit, when they fork out $13K day 1 they start to get impatient.

It shouldn’t be too bad if they are truly close to 100 per week. I’d guess they probably have at least 1000 units on order right now between the CE, LE, and SE. that’s 10 weeks of production. If they are only 50 per week it’s 20 weeks and that gets tougher.

#868 3 years ago

No printed manual for the LE. It’s online in PDF. I got appetite for my album.

#901 3 years ago

Man the four album modes are badass. My favorite right now is “Shall We Play a Game” (Chinese Democracy). Just beat that one. So awesome.

#903 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I believe that’s the one with the UNIX crash in the beginning? I really loved that mode - came out of nowhere when I was playing and the China vs US graphics are so good.

Yep

#904 3 years ago

I just lost a 8M+ song bonus on Rocket Queen. There should be a leaderboard for the biggest losers. The most song bonus lost.

#906 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

You're such a huge loser!
J/K I can't wait to get my LE.

Yeah it will be good when there are more owners with games in hand. It’s pretty lonely in here.

Currently I’m trying to figure out patches. They are huge actually. And the concept of patch sets is really interesting. Patches that go together when collected will have another benefit. For example when you collect both the Bra and Panties patches you get double bonus for the whole game. Need to figure out all the patch sets.

#927 3 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

I asked a few pages ago, and was told the lights turn green for the cities you’ve visited. There are some band member power ups at certain cities, and the rules list 2 multiballs associated with visiting x number of cities and for visiting all cities.
I’m hoping there is a patch to help that along because there are ~50 cities/lights

Yes there are patches that can help for SURE. I've got to Tour Multiball one time so far.

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Was it a 2 ball mode? Do you remember if it was lucrative at all?

I don't remember how many balls, I think it was 2. Unfortunately I didn't make it very far. The first stage you need to shoot all 3 loops and I drained after making two.

#966 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Anyone have an idea where the “Lights” target is on the SE. Both LE & CE have it on the upper playfield.

I believe hitting the left ramp spots lights on the SE.

#992 3 years ago

When you lock 6 balls it’s very satisfying.

F93E2068-91B4-4D4F-9461-3713B39FF4F2 (resized).jpegF93E2068-91B4-4D4F-9461-3713B39FF4F2 (resized).jpeg
#1001 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Looks nice. Stern Mirror Blades will fit these? I'm thinking black mirror only

I don't think JJP uses Stern cabinets. Isn't it WPC style?

#1007 3 years ago

Played a game on my lunch break

Best game yet. 14M song jackpot!

9E490C47-5301-46D1-B37F-06B9BAC49CAF (resized).jpeg9E490C47-5301-46D1-B37F-06B9BAC49CAF (resized).jpegCCB4C242-4EF2-46A5-B78A-EE8CEDC819F0 (resized).jpegCCB4C242-4EF2-46A5-B78A-EE8CEDC819F0 (resized).jpeg
#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Awesome!
[quoted image]

Yes the Slash selfie is cool also.

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

This is my first JJP, can anyone confirm which style mirrors fit?

Cointaker sells JJP specific ones, so guessing there may be a slight difference.

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Disappointing on a new game that you have spent 9,500.00 on? I hope I don’t have this issue

I agree but also the reality of pinball is that you need to be comfortable fixing minor issues and lifting the playfield every once in a while. It’s just part of owning a pinball machine. ALL of them will require tweaking and repair.

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone know how to troubleshoot or adjust the new proximity sensors?
New LE here had the spinning disc sink after about 10mins if play and the lock locations on the upper playfield are not all registering. First one works but not second.

Reboot the game. Make sure you are on 1.05 (can download over WiFi) Put into switch test. Place a pinball over each sensor to verify they are working. Reboot the game. I believe the sensors auto calibrate upon each boot up.

#1134 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I want a table with the scores for biggest jackpot lost!

Totally. It needs to happen. Biggest loser.

#1135 3 years ago

1.06 is available for direct download now!

7ED42BC9-DC3D-4ADA-A0FB-9FF390E2C0E1 (resized).jpeg7ED42BC9-DC3D-4ADA-A0FB-9FF390E2C0E1 (resized).jpeg
#1147 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Bras and panties ?
That does it , I'm in

Condoms too!

#1148 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

37M+ jackpot lost on Paradise City last night. Knew I was pushing my luck, but was in the ZONE. (Until I wasn’t).

Wow thats the biggest one lost I have heard of. Biggest loser so far!!!

#1164 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Can anyone offer any help with this? Before I moved my pinball machine earlier, I heard something rattling around inside. Once I got it in the basement and set up, I found these 2 screws.
I’m Not sure where they go.
Any help would be appreciated.[quoted image]

They secure the coin mechs in place

#1168 3 years ago

Anyone else having trouble with guitar ball lock?
Mine recognizes the 1st 2 balls then not the third or fourth (or any after I think).
For now I just bypass it and open the coin door and force another ball into play.

Reboot the game. Make sure you are on 1.06 (can download over WiFi) Put into switch test. Place a pinball over each sensor to verify they are working. Reboot the game. I believe the sensors auto calibrate upon each boot up.

These are the non mechanical sensors.

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you. Not having the game yet, I didn't know that.
LTG : )

I figured. Happy to help until you get one in hand!

#1196 3 years ago

Still have the issue.

So when you put it in switch test and place a pinball over each switch what do you get?

#1197 3 years ago

FYI - I was finally able to pair my BackBeat Pro Headphones with the game. Sounded great and the delay wasn’t terrible. Maybe they fixed some Bluetooth stuff with 1.06.

#1199 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

What are the dimensions of the box the machine comes in?

57” x 29 3/4”

#1212 3 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Has anyone figured out what the patches do for you? I don't see much in the manual or I'm not understanding it..

Each patch has its own individual benefits. The screen tells you what the benefits are. Sets of like patches can be collected for an even greater benefit. You change the patch you are trying to collect with the action button. Can't collect patches in songs or the wizard modes.

#1244 3 years ago

I fear I might have to disassemble and lift that upper playfield.

Supposedly it is very easy. I haven't done it yet.

#1246 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I think these 2 plastics and axl mold, if sold as spare parts by JJP, could look good up top. If not on a toper-less LE or SE where it may look a little lonely for their size and quantity, on the CE it might really look good in front of the flame, or up top on the sound bar. The lights would also work nicely there. Question is when could they be available by jjp, if at all.
[quoted image]

The Axy mold is in all three games. I wouldn't want the same thing on top.

#1256 3 years ago

No one has mentioned the Jukebox feature in attract mode. Can you just play the playlist? What goes on in the screen? Is there an option to view lyrics while the songs play? I think it would be awesome if during a song mode in a game, you’d have the option to have the lyrics run on the screen for the bystanders watching... could add some good vibes.

Not sure this has been released yet.

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

BTW what does the damn button do

1. Song selection

2. Song Jackpot cash out

3. Changes Patch you are going for.

4. Ignite the Flames jackpot timing

#1279 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

scores the "jackpot" when the field lights in flames during the Pyro multiball mode

Edited! Forgot about that.

#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Well it's not exactly what I'd call a lot of points or anything

I think my biggest triple jackpot using the button was 600K. Not bad.

#1291 3 years ago

Anyone know if the center post in the left outlane is supposed to have a rubber on it??
[quoted image]

No rubber. If you add it you will be frustrated I bet.

Was going in the inlane and whoops....

#1296 3 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

[quoted image][quoted image]

My favorite Album mode.

#1309 3 years ago

Ok, spoke to JJP today and they gave me direction on where to look first before taking the upper playfield apart. Good news is that’s where the issue was.
Again the issue was (2 actually);
1. Left center ball lock sensor not working
2.stand up target in upper playfield not working.
Took pictures in case anyone else has the same issue.
Picture 1... where to look;
Picture 2... harness pulled out from wire ties.
Picture 3... the culprit! White wire with brown stripe also another wire tied into same pin (most like stand up target wire).
The pin that goes into the plastic connector was not pushed in all the way so the fix was just to push it I n and the pin locks into place.
Problems fixed. Yay...
All good now.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work all. Easy fixes are the best fixes.

#1340 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

To add to this... thick mylar underneath to protect the playfield from the balls dropping onto it.

It is already there. Large mylar section.

#1356 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

you might think they are pumping them out way too fast and QC is an afterthought.

Way too fast? I don’t think more than 20 owners have posted to pinside with new games.

#1377 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’ve been hearing about wear on the drumsticks... anyone think they will be an issue?

Mylar is literally wrapped around the drumsticks.

#1386 3 years ago

Kermit24, whats your patch strategy man? Any ideas yet? I've started trying for the Marshall amp first since it helps spot band members. Beyond that, I'm lost. You've been playing for a bit now. Whats your take?

The specific benefit of each patch is described in the mini LCD when you cycle through them. Patch sets are even more beneficial. Sets of like patches.

I’m still trying to get all the patch sets straight. A few things I’ve found:

There are patches that make getting cities easier. Airplane, Train and Bus. Also sunglasses help with that too. This will help you get to tour multiball faster.

Bra and Panties are a patch set that award double bonus for the entire game. I thought condom might help with that too but not sure as I haven’t collected all three yet.

If you collect all vendor patches: Marshall, Fender, Vater and Gibson that will light an extra ball as a patch set award.

Of course I’m sure that collecting all 5 album patches will do something really cool. Haven’t don’t that yet.

#1388 3 years ago

Good info. And as far as I can tell, action button changes patch, light G.N.R. on left inlane to collect selected patch. Any other ways to collect/earn patches?

Yes. Draining through the hole on the upper PF spots a GNR letter and helps collect patches.

#1418 3 years ago

A bit of good news for those with concerns is this. I've put probably 40 or 50 games on mine now and the playfield looks smooth as glass. Not 1 divet that I can spot. I expect divets by the way, they also dont bother me, part of playing. But I'm telling you, this machine still looks perfect. On my Stern JP I saw divets after a handful of games. So, whatever this new Mirco process is, its working.

You will get dimples. All machines do.

#1445 3 years ago

I had all the balls locked in the guitar neck but the one currently in play and that activated the jackpot. So you're saying put final ball in play up into the guitar to collect?

When you shoot your first ball into the guitar neck during a song, a timer starts on the screen. You then need to lock the rest of balls in play (from 2 to 6) in the guitar neck before the timer expires to get the power chord jackpot. The more balls locked, the higher the value.

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you know if any of the recent updates fixe the power chord jackpot call out?

The callout says super jackpot. It would be awesome if they could get Melissa to say power chord or have a cool riff. I think they added the power chord rule late in development so it probably wasn't recorded in the voice sessions.

#1493 3 years ago

Ok guys, next little annoying thing that needs attention. This one probably will require a fix from JJP. When you hit the right ramp and go into the drumsticks, if the ball carries enough momentum, it wont roll down between the drumsticks. It actually rolls between the right drumstick and the inside of the cabinet!! Then when it hits the wire form guide at the bottom, it falls off the end of the stick onto the playfield. There is no guide to the right of the drumsticks to prevent this from happening. Eventually, the ball will form a line down the inside of the cabinet. Not to mention its just annoying to not have the ball feed the flipper. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

I’d put that on new game speed. I haven’t seen that so I’d take a close look at how everything is assembled. I’ve played hundreds of games so far.

Sometimes a super fast clean right ramp shot will hit the side of the cabinet but it will always roll down the sticks properly to the catwalk wire form.

#1495 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Never had this happen to date. Might tell us how you leveled game and what adjustments you made in the flippers.

Good point. My flippers are default settings and are plenty powerful. I could see overpowered flippers and a low pitch causing this.

#1524 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way it keeps building. You have a short time to hit the scoop at the end to collect. Sounds like encore only requires you to make it through the song, and doesn’t require the jackpot collect.
Your boosters carry over though, so that’s the most important thing.

This is correct. If you don't hit the scoop before the end of the song you will lose the jackpot. If your rockit meter is maxed out you will get encore and the song level carries over to the next song.

#1592 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

This is not a true statement if they were building GnR in July 2019.

Doesn’t make much sense. All of the dates I have seen are Sept/October 2020. Maybe a prototype they put on location? Where was the photo taken?

But yeah who knows when the playfields were made for the first batch. Could have been long ago.

#1612 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

What happens when you are in a song MB and the song ends? During MB you have no chance to collect the song jackpot.

If you are at the end of the song, you will be able to get the song jackpot no matter how many balls are in play.

#1662 3 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

YInterested to see how JJP is wiring the CE soundbars, be it through a splitter or its own amp.

It is a direct molex type connection. I believe it is there on the LE models also, just not used.

Edit: maybe not. The molex was for power it looks like.

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 8.43.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-24 at 8.43.38 AM (resized).png
#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there any documentation on what all the GNR patches do? Or is it on the instant info screen?

The benefit of each patch is shown when you cycle through them. But what’s not shown are the patch sets. Those are even more important and have bigger benefits. We need a list of those. Kind of nerdy next level code stuff that the designers want us to discover for ourselves.

#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Can someone tell me where to purchase a shaker motor? Ive used the pinball life ones for my stern games, but didnt know if something else was recommended for JJP.

Pinball Life sells the JJP ones also. The SE doesn’t come with a shaker?

#1769 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thank you, and no it does not.

Get it right away. Best shaker integration I have seen.

#1775 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

LE/CE owners check upper pf rubber and have backup.
All of mine came w/standard red except that one which was synthetic and tore.
Lasted 131 games - oh well.
[quoted image]

Check that the flipper rubber isn’t digging into the ball guide up there. Mine was and I had to slightly bend the guide to stop it.

#1783 3 years ago

How did you do the quick bend? Looks like a major task to get that guide out. Do you have an after pic?

It doesn’t take much bending. Just take a skinny nut driver or something that can get under there and give it a quick push out. Yeah if you want to remove the ball guide completely it would be a major PITA.

Also if you just throw a superband on that flipper that may be enough as they are not quite as thick.

I put superbands on all 4 flippers as the JJP stock flipper rubber is terrible and wears super fast. Also the silicone sling rings are bad. Wear out way faster than they should.

#1805 3 years ago

Anyone else notice that when you're doing particularly well during a song mode, one of the callouts is Melissa saying "hey everyone, look at this fucking loser"? Is this a bug? Shouldn't that be a callout if you're doing bad? Maybe I'm not hearing it correctly?

You heard wrong. I believe the callout is "Hey, look at this fucking wizard!"

#1814 3 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Question for those of you that have the game. When your shaker motor fires is it audible? Or can you just "feel" it? Mine is on stock settings and it's pretty loud when it fires. Took the plastic cover off to see if that was maybe making noise but still pretty loud.

The shaker motor itself isn't really that audible. What is audible is the backbox and cabinet shaking at certain points. I think the intensity is pretty spot on and well done. Nothing like the Cointaker "Red Tremor" motors. Those are so overpowered its a joke.

#1830 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Just wondering if anybody has installed standard mirror blades on a GnR LE yet and if so how they find them? Do they make the light show even more awesome or are a bit too much? Alternatively few people have suggested that maybe 'black' mirrors would be better. Would love some thoughts from anybody who has actually installed either 'standard' or 'black' mirror blades on a GnR LE. Would also love to see some video of game play with these installed if anybody has this available.

I wouldn't be so sure about black mirrors. I know that one guy who posted photos looked pretty good, but I have seen the black ones in person on other machines and was not impressed. You barely knew they were there.

#1852 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So I have an SE coming in a few weeks. How is the shaker integration and is it worth adding one with current code?

It is outstanding and a no brainer IMO.

#1856 3 years ago

Now if I can just get it to stop rattling and ruining the song, that would be awesome

Your speaker volume is too low....

#1858 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Saw on JJP's Facebook page an LE buyer who purchased direct from Stern on Oct 7th was told today expect January or February. I bought on the 8th so next year it is

Stern is selling JJP?

#1862 3 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Can this sub be attached and used with multiple pinnies at the same time? Can you offer or point me to some instructions on setting it up? Thanks!

Pinnies?

Ugh (resized).pngUgh (resized).png
#1875 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I would use a manual switcher and run 1 input at a time from each source, or just ante up and get separate subs...going to be way muddy and cluttered using different Hz freq's all over from multiple sources. It can be done, but really shouldn't...an audiophile would cringe at the thought

While it does “work” with 4 games at the same time, I do agree with you especially if all the games use the sub frequently. I view the pinnovotors kit more as a convenience not needing to switch a connection from game to game. If I know I am going to have all games played together that day I’ll just hook up one.

#1886 3 years ago

I have no idea either. I just know if you're running speaker wires in with wattage on them, its high level input. RCA cables which are signal only, no wattage, are low level. Even if it is full frequency range, the external subs almost always have their own built in adjustable crossovers.

I just hooked up the recommended Sony sub via high level inputs from the cabinet woofer and it sounds fantastic. I don’t think you need to split the 3.5mm jack in the head. Now if your sub of choice only has line level RCA input that’s another story.

#1894 3 years ago
Quoted from JLebowski:

I am in this situation myself actually, my spare subwoofer "only has line level RCA input". What's the best way to connect a sub with just an RCA input option?
I bought a set of RCA adapters seen below and was going to connect them via alligator clips to the cabinet speaker... would that still work?
[quoted image]

I wouldn't recommend that. In your case, use a 3.5 splitter from the connection in the backbox and then convert the 3.5 to RCA.

Just not sure how that adapter will adjust the power level of the signal.

#1900 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

What I ordered. Don’t have game but this should be what needed correct?
UGREEN Headphone Splitter, 3.5mm... amazon.com link »
AmazonBasics 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA... amazon.com link »

It should be ok, but for the 3.5mm to RCA you typically only use one RCA on a sub since it is a mono signal. Depends on the sub. Just hook up the white one and see if it works.

#1904 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Not sure about the overall amp/speaker setup in this pin, but if you absolutely need to get an RCA signal and all you have is an amplified speaker wire, I use a converter like this:
amazon.com link »

Pinnivators also sells a converter that is purpose built. Lots of ways to do it.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/guns-n-roses-limited-edition/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit

#1939 3 years ago

After connecting the external sub last night, I’d recommend everyone wanting to upgrade the audio start there and then if that isn’t impactful enough consider a properly connected full range soundbar once someone figures out the best way to connect it. I’d recommend copying the connections the CE model uses.

#1941 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Everyone's obsession with the sound coming from these machines is incredible !

Well it is a concert after all. Pretty important!!

#1950 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I’m probably explaining poorly. Hope this pic helps.
I assume the shot is supposed to follow that yellow line. Mine always gets caught in the pops.
[quoted image]

That shot goes to the top lanes some of the time.

#1970 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Always seems to hit the bottom pop for sure. Ill try taking the pitch down first. If the mount is slotted the rail definitely has room to move, but im certainly going to try pitch first as it appears you have to take the whole damn stage apart to get to the screw, haha.

I’m at about 6.7 for my pitch. I’d try that. A strong shot from the right flipper can make it up there. There is also a setting that disables the pops when the “through the pops” shot is lit to make it easier but I always thought that was the extra ball shot. It may be the “S” shot.

There are some points toward the end of a song when you need the top lanes shot. The magnet doesn’t stop the ball up there at that point so the “S” shot becomes super important. Of course you could also shoot the extra ball shot if the record isn’t in the way.

#1994 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What determines if the right ramp diverts to the third flipper?

If the inner loop is lit during a song the diverter will fire.

#2015 3 years ago

That would be a nice adjustment to add. The ability to keep explicit songs / video content, but not explicit callouts. I'll make the feature request.

#2016 3 years ago

Speaking of add a ball, and multiball, remember when everyone (including myself) was worried about too much multiball?? Oh my God, you couldn't get away from the posts complaining about it, and no one even owned the damn machine yet. After putting almost 200 games on it at factory settings, I can say with confidence that JJP knew what they were doing. The 2 ball multiballs are very helpful to building ball save time and bonuses before starting song modes. And, unless you focus on putting balls into the ball lock, most song modes are single ball play. I now cringe when I hit the center scoop and get start song as an award when I havnt had time to lock balls or build my save time up. Seems silly all the bitching we did about the multiballs from the get go. The only adjustment I've made is the initial ball save time after plunge has been turned up a bit (and turned on adult mode of course), everything else is spot on right out of the box.

Spot on. This game isn't easy by any means.

#2019 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I’m not tried to be pedantic, JJP have given you have options already...
Since you have mentioned your 2 year old.... can you not utilise the headphone jack or other family friendly themes or wait for Toy Story?

No harm in adding an extra adjustment in the settings as an additional option.

#2021 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What's the explicit video content , is it swearing during a song or do you get to see boobs in the crowd .

There are a few things. During some song, Slash has a shirt that says "Fuck Off". Rocket Queen has animations of skeletons getting it on, etc.

#2065 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I hate when they are different. I don’t have infinite space to decide which side I want to display, I hate being stuck with the side I don’t like as much. Symmetry please. You can’t see both sides at the same time so I don’t see the benefit.

Huh? More art is better than same art.

#2082 3 years ago

Just had a massive game with 3 large song jackpots. The game is a rush with you get it going!!!

B3DD3875-3095-4271-840B-EC89CE983C2D (resized).jpegB3DD3875-3095-4271-840B-EC89CE983C2D (resized).jpeg

#2087 3 years ago

Awesome score!! My best so far is just shy of 20 million.

Thanks. My GC was around 26 when I got this one. Super fun.

#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

does your right orbit always come around to the flipper? Mine hits left sling some of the time

Check the ball guide on the left side. I was hitting the sling and needed to adjust it. It is a PITA to adjust, as you need to remove at least the first 2 bolt / screws and align it.

#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

good to know its adjustable

There isn't much adjustment. Mine was leaning back a bit (not perfectly straight up and down). I removed the first bolt and the next screw and was able to give it a better curve and reinstall it straight. That worked for me.

#2261 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

soo... any way to prevent the call outs from lowering the music volume? is is terrible during songs.

I didn't find this to be a problem. The call outs seemed well mixed with the songs to me. You need to be able to hear them, they are super helpful during multiball.

#2263 3 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Any updates on getting a Titan rubber kit put together? Sounds like flippers are a must. Still waiting to hear on my LE date, but want to be prepared!

Yeah I need to order a kit. The sizes / quantity are not listed in the manual unfortunately.

#2264 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

they happen at random times and literally lower the music volume. Like a random PA announcement in the middle of a concert... buzzkill

Yes there are settings for that.

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 12.30.29 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 12.30.29 PM (resized).png
#2266 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

can you help me understand that? I want to keep the call out volume I just dont want them to lower the music volume when they happen

I'd just play with the settings. Start with increasing music mix. Maybe it isn't possible to do what you want. To me what you are describing isn't so noticeable or a buzzkill. During a song the song volume is noticeably louder, so you would probably have a hard time hearing the callouts if it was set as you described.

#2269 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you guys think JJP is applying this to current and future built games? Or should I plan on ordering a bottle of loctite?

Yes they are. It was just the first few games that went out.

#2296 3 years ago

I noticed the same thing. Mine has not been catching the ball as much it seems like but I did move it and adjust the legs recently. I wonder if that affects it?

I don’t think so. There are certain situations where the magnet is activated. I think it’s just coincidence.

#2331 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I am wondering that what I see no discussion regarding rules is going on. The general rules are clear, collecting band members for a song, playing the song for an album mod. But what happens during a song? Are there different jackpots for each song? What to shoot for in a song? What influences the score/jackpot value in a song?

Maybe you are new to this thread. Early on I described a lot of the rules. Maybe filter by my earlier posts?

#2333 3 years ago

Would be easy to install an opener.

#2417 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

My best is 11m so far. Right now I don’t really know what creates a big song jackpot. Feel like I’ve gone through entire songs doing well with smaller jackpots than songs I cash out in 2 minutes

You need to use the booster multiballs to build the song level (value) before you start the song. And lock 6 balls.

#2420 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is there a way to track song level before you start it? Also is there a way to see how many balls are locked in the SE?

The band member revolver insert color turns green when you have locked that band member. There are meters for Crowd, Pyro, Lights, and Amp on the LCD that show when they are maxed out. Circle meters.

861255DB-F910-4766-8150-F9802DA95EB8 (resized).jpeg861255DB-F910-4766-8150-F9802DA95EB8 (resized).jpeg
#2429 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are you saying crowd, pyro, lights, and amp build your song value?

Absolutely. If you just collect the band members and start a song right away your song level (value) will probably be like 20, which is really low. That starting value will be almost impossible to have a huge song jackpot.

#2430 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

LTG can you guys put in a way to cancel a song start in case you want to increase song level? Also in the operator menu it would be nice to control mystery awards. The game plays very long for location play it would be nice to make ball saves mover conservative.

What are you seeing for average ball time at your location?

#2431 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

If you controlled mystery award, would it still be a mystery?

I think he is saying he doesn't want "start song" as a mystery award.

#2435 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Buckle up. You’re going to be waiting a LONG time. I suggest taking a road trip and finding one to play on location.

How did the tournament go with no ball saver?

#2438 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Game kept resetting so we couldn’t use it. Haha

Did you disable the camera? Known bug.

#2446 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ahhhh good to know
Is there a rule sheet available yet?

This is good. More info than you think if you read it closely.

1.jpg1.jpg
#2447 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

my revolver insterts just stop blinking when I lock a band member, they don’t turn green.

They stop blinking when you qualify them. Once qualified you can lock a ball for up to 6 band members.

#2449 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks where is the lights target on the se?

Your screen should say what you need for Lights. I thought left ramps?

#2477 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I'd like to get mirror blades for my incoming GNR. Who sells them?

Cointaker

#2478 3 years ago

All of the silicone rubber rings are garbage. I’ll try a Titan set and see what happens. Anyone have a size / quantity list?

For flipper rubber I switched to Superbands after the first week. No wear and they don’t get as dirty. I play a lot! Not super happy with the dead bounces on Superbands in this game for some reason. It’s almost like it “deadens” the ball too much and it does not hop over to the other flipper like you expect. Other games aren’t as bad. May try Titan again.

#2480 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They should be fine everywhere but slings and any posts that get hammered. For the slings get a few different sizes. Bigger the better. If you have to stretch them a lot to fit, they are gonna break in no time.

There are others that I had to rotate or they would be broken by now.

#2486 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are the JJP rings Titan?

The bad ones seem to be consistently Pinball Life.

#2509 3 years ago

I have stock flipper settings and can backhand the left ramp at 6.6. Now it must be a perfect clean shot to get up there.

#2510 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

The game has been in operation for 4 days
5 minutes 22 seconds on average plus with 212 plays the rubbers are already breaking. This is terrible quality We noticed that the flipper rubbers are wico did someone raid a 20 year old warehouse?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My buddy operates in ATL. What he sees is hardcore pinheads the first month or so then the ball times drop as more casuals get to play the game. But yeah over 5 mins isn’t optimal.

#2517 3 years ago

I doubt they're Titans, because I've had 3 split already. All my other machine have Titans on them (everywhere) and they last for YEARS of play before needing replacement.

I’ve checked. They are pinball life. “PL”. Silicone rings.

#2519 3 years ago

Well, then, I'm going to compile a list of rings and order a Titan set. Because as much as I like the guys at Pinball Life, these rings are sub par.

Please share the size list!

#2520 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Optimal is 1:30 to 2:00 on average. I have given feedback suggesting an operator default. While I can remove posts and increase the pitch if I cannot get the game times lower I’ll be forced to sell it.
A few operators warned me about long ball times on Aerosmith which might be why you don’t see them on route regularly either.

If my average game time was 1:30 I’d never return to the location.

#2524 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So to clarify. I am able to backhand the left ramp I was questioning the ability to backhand that ramp to actually hit the lock? It will go up the ramp but not far enough currently to award a lock.

I can usually get it to the upper flipper and then lock it.

#2531 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

A machine game time average is your average. If players get bored of long game times means they stop playing the game. This means that a game that a factory wants operators to buy wont. Stop conflating collectors with operators.

Where do you operate?

#2540 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

*sigh* I came on here to help provide issues to those who actually care. I'm done providing feedback to those on pinside.

Why did you edit your post where you stated the locations you operate? I didn’t find a Quarter Lounge in “South” Texas only the Dallas area. When I’m in the area I’d like to pay you a visit. Curious how your machines tuned for 1:30 game time actually play.

#2552 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Do you reckon JJP avoided this version with the guns due to roses being more family friendly?
Similar with the flipper bats idea on the topper - CE?
Would be strange given the whole theme.......

It’s Guns and Fucking Roses. Never was “family friendly”

#2619 3 years ago

Has anyone created a list of the patch sets? I've found 3 so far. Don't plan to take the glass off to find these as I think it is more satisfying to earn them and discover the sets.

#2621 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What exactly do the patches give you or do?

Each patch earned (by spelling GNR @ left inlane) has a specific benefit that is stated as you cycle through them with the action button. Just look at the mini LCD as you push the button. Once you know what patch you want to go for just leave it and it won't change. Patch SETS are sets of like patches that earn an even better benefit.

On the LE/CE you will get a GNR letter spotted if the ball drains through the hole under the flipper on the upper PF.

#2629 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Whoa awesome! I didn’t know that, very cool as I thought the SE would be the better game for patch strategy. These guys think of everything

Yeah it is a good idea. Beware however as draining through that hole can put the ball in danger @ the right outlane.

#2710 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I think you can turn the power up on the flippers, i played it and was told it can be adjusted is this correct?
Just tell me you didn't beat Paul's score he would be spewing i nearly beat it but got 2nd.
I was also blown away by this release, Jersey Jack has raised the bar, Awaiting Stern's reply. LED ZEP? anyway its excellent for the hobby.

Curious what was Paul’s score?

#2719 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Stupid question, how do you pull out the monitor from the backbox? Manual doesn’t show anything. Is it the screws along the sides?

You just pull. Magnets hold it in place.

#2739 3 years ago

Can’t wait for more owners to get the game. Cashing out a huge song jackpot is probably the most satisfying thing in pinball. Just got 18.5M on Estranged.

6101FC05-4ACF-4109-92C1-8FAC557A87B6 (resized).jpeg6101FC05-4ACF-4109-92C1-8FAC557A87B6 (resized).jpeg
#2743 3 years ago

Nice!! What was the overall score?

24M. It’s all about the massive song jackpot. If you can get 2 big ones you are set. 3 and you are on the board!

#2745 3 years ago

Songs:

12080BB0-6668-47F4-B3B2-6E7F22468498 (resized).jpeg12080BB0-6668-47F4-B3B2-6E7F22468498 (resized).jpeg
#2747 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so do you just keep on playing it (passing up on cashing out) until the songs end and then you hit that applause jackpot to get this score?

No. I have gotten applause and encore many times, but rarely is that the massive song jackpot also. It’s all about boosting the song value by using the booster multiballs and locking balls before you start the song. I do keep playing as long as I feel it is safe. It’s very important to pay attention and shoot the scoop when the next stage of the song mode is ready. The scoop is green when this is the case. The mini LCD is your friend. I look at it all the time during songs.

#2755 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Does GNR use a transformer or a 48v switching supply? Line voltage shouldn't be an issue with a decent switching supply.

Transformer.

#2775 3 years ago

New code out! 1.08.

=== Game Code
+ added Scorbit scoring and mode support
+ added attract mode jukebox
* fixed an issue with song album progress not showing for the song Patience
* corrected an issue where Shall We Play A Game? did not start the
background music on time
+ added a brightness adjustment for the lit bass guitar on the left ramp on
the Standard Edition
* changed mystery default difficulty
* changed "Continue Add Ball" adjustment to "Continue Add-a-Ball Limit". i
can be set from 0 (No add-a-balls) to 9 or unlimited. default is unlimited.
this is per-song
* fixed power chord add-a-ball
* songs now kill on-the-road modes on start
* various other bug fixes and improvements

=== Core Code
+ added initial Scorbit support
+ added initial NTP/Time Zone support
* network settings are now cleared on factory reset
* fixed crash at game start when camera is disabled
* sped up network initialization greatl

#2788 3 years ago

Lots of new helpful callouts in the new code.

#2790 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

I just updated code and had a weird glitch where the screen went full solid color and I lost all animations etc. seemed to glitch right as I was starting a song at the center scoop. anyone else encounter this? i turned it off and back on and all was good again.

Nothing like that here.

#2793 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

how does attract mode jukebox work?

It’s pretty cool. You can set it to be automatic or manual. In auto it just starts playing a song in attract. You can choose if you want just the song, song with video, or song video and light show. In manual you need to hold the action button to start.

#2795 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Also, anyone know what switch #18 “bumper rubber” is?

When you go into switch test you can toggle a playfield map that shows you exactly.

It’s the rubber ring to the left of the “P” under the hat.

B021FD6D-3B75-478A-8430-B947CF3CF001 (resized).jpegB021FD6D-3B75-478A-8430-B947CF3CF001 (resized).jpeg
#2800 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Attract mode jukebox , can you actually control what song is played?

You push the button to skip to the next song. You can set it to album order or shuffle.

#2803 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Updated to 1.08 and was having a killer game then both monitors went black, power reset and all good again. Looks like some kind of bug and not isolated to your game.

Were you in a song? Which one?

#2806 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

glad to see it wasn't just me ha. I'm sure they will fix it soon...at least I hope.

They have been really good at squashing bugs.

#2819 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Scorebitvision visualisations .
Anyone know what this does or what it is ?
Sounds cool .

It’s pretty robust. At its most basic level it’s an electronic leaderboard. Can just be your games or a combination of games around the world.

#2821 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Won't nerd idiots just pull the glass off to hike their scores up just for bragging rights?

You choose who is on the leaderboard. Don't choose nerd idiots.

#2823 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Any tips for adjusting the center vuk? Mine started shooting the ball at the very tip of the left flipper, drains about half the time.

First and foremost, make sure the game is level left to right. Loosen the top hood of the scoop and make sure it is pointing as far as possible to the left flipper and retighten. There is a little play there. Also, you can slightly bend the hood down which can help. Haven't has a single issue after this minor adjustment hundreds of games later.

#2825 3 years ago

I created a leaderboard. You can have up to 8 machines on the leaderboard. Found a CE at JJP HQ...

https://sv.scorbit.io/viewer/leaderboards/62

#2827 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

are scores automatically uploaded to scorbit? I see my game but only the # of plays seem to be tracked

On the "scoreboard" the score updated for the game in real time. On the "leaderboard" you need to submit your score through the app. You need to do that shortly after the game ends.

#2834 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Am I reading this right. For a collection of ten games it’s 230 per game for the board you have to install and then 75ish bucks a year per game?

No. Always free for GNR.

#2851 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

I must be the only one having trouble updating . All other updates went smooth but this one takes forever then cancels . The usb I tried to use dont work either but I have always had issues with Jersey Jack machines sometimes being difficult to update . Sterns are much easier .
waiting waiting waiting
[quoted image]

It takes a long time. This isn’t a delta update. It’s 6GB! If your WiFi has poor signal you may want to take a look at your network.

#2855 3 years ago

Something really cool today in attract mode: “it’s Mr Richard Fortus birthday today”. I checked and indeed it is!

#2857 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I apologize to ask this Kermit... but this is like "Video Mode" (E.G. Attack From Mars, shooting down those Martians with the flippers) or what is that?...
Thank You.
[quoted image]

That is the Album Mode for Appetite. It’s called Thirst for Carnage. You fight the dirty robot. Not a video mode.

#2881 3 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

I got the impression that he was saying there were only 30 games made... period.

No way 30 games have been made. Try 150-200 between LE/SE.

#2888 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So that means like 50-100 since launch? Thats gonna take forever to get the rest built. I would hope more than that.

Last I heard they could make around 60 per week. Not sure how accurate that is, or if they have slowed down due to supply chain issues or COVID, etc.

#2907 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

The reason why they haven't sent them out or why we have no timeline yet could be easily understood.... Playfield playfield playfields issues being resolved

Echo

Echo

#2931 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Finally set up my SE. Really enjoying the game. Amazing light shows. Shoots better than I expected. I like that I can backhand both ramps. The outer orbit feels huge, like a wide body orbit (ie Hobbit). Shots flow nicely. Needed to turn up the flipper coils just a little bit. Pretty much standard with JJP games. Didn't think I'd like the skill shot because of the short travel but it is growing on me. Occasionally the feed out of the skill shot is a bit too squirrely. This game is definitely all about the songs! Need to figure out what the hell I am doing though. Any detailed rulesets out yet? Figured I'd go check the Tilt forums to see.

There is nothing on Tilt yet. I've posted a lot about the rules in this thread. I'd start with the flowchart which gives a lot of the foundation. The key to big scores is the boost your song value with the 4 booster multiballs and lock all 6 balls before you start a song. There is a lot of strategy with the patches and patch sets also.

gnr (resized).jpggnr (resized).jpg

#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

how do u access it?

You need to enable it in settings.

#2960 3 years ago

Ass backwards.

#3007 3 years ago

Biggest loser so far: Lost a 40M song jackpot on November Rain. Ugh.

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

[quoted image]

Funny this is that I never had a chance to cash out. I had multi-ball going almost the entire time, just the last 30 seconds or so was single ball. Which was a problem because I still needed like 600 switch hits to light the scoop. Next time I may cradle a ball and drain the rest to cash the huge ones in.

#3012 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

It just baffles me why the designer intended for the scoring to be so lopsided to playing the songs. When I get to an album mode or Slash's solo I just time them out to get back to the songs, no point to risk draining for a measly 500k-1mil reward when you have these insane song scores. With the code being at 1.08, I doubt this changes.

You can build the album mode value just like you build song value. You can choose to not play the album mode when it is lit by holding the action button. If you just start the album mode right away the value is going to be pretty low generally. I do agree that Slash Solo and Tour Multiball need to be more valuable.

Another thing, never play Slash solo without the Guitar Pick and Slash's Hat patches.

#3015 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

It just baffles me why the designer intended for the scoring to be so lopsided to playing the songs.

I am ok with the song jackpot scoring. In order to build up a huge song jackpot, it takes a LOT of work before you even start the song. You need to not only max out the 4 booster multiballs, you need to get lots of jackpots during them. You also need to lock 6 balls. Then you need to execute the song properly by quickly progressing though each stage of the song mode. The huge ones are rare and don't grow on trees. It takes skill for sure, but the stars must also align. More realistically you are going to get 1-3M on a song jackpot during an average game.

#3018 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

quick rule question:
What do the gnr circle inserts do? Seems like they are also sometimes lit during modes? I’ve had the game say “album sales increased” but not really sure what that means...

The GNR logo inserts spell “Guns N Roses” and that lights mystery.

#3021 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Just got my LE today. This is what I get when I start it up. Trough error. Anyone know why?
- 6 balls are in there
- trough coil fires on testing
- auto plunger fires on testing
- underneath the wires look fine to me
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have 7 balls in there? The jam switch should not be activated.

#3023 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Nope. 6 balls.
I just took them out. Still get same error message with all switch lights green.

When you put the balls in one at a time during that test when does the jam switch activate?

#3025 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I fixed it!
It was a loose connector at the IO Board behind the monitor. I figured it out from searching pinside and people had the same issue with their POTC. THANKS PINSIDE!!!

Play ball!

#3028 3 years ago

Doesnt the game give you a chance to cash out automatically at the end of a song if you're in single ball play?? Its short, but the scoop should flash blue for the last few seconds of any song if only 1 ball remains.

I don’t make it to the end. November Rain is like 9 minutes.

#3030 3 years ago

Wait, what??? I had no idea. Hold the action button when?? And how do you build album value?

When you have an album mode qualified the value of it is displayed in the mini LCD. Lower the number the lower the value. Hold the action button to toggle between enabling and disabling the album mode. Play more songs from the same album to increase the value. More risk / reward!

#3041 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Those of you who have upped your flipper strength- what did you land on?
Left orbit- does it always feed the right flipper? And does it do so from the ball guide or does the upper right flipper guide the ball?

For me both orbits feed the flippers when the shots are clean. Stock flipper settings.

#3091 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Previously wdbthree listed the patches, but I haven't seen anyone list out the set's and those related bonus'
[quoted image]

Sets are there. On the right.

#3093 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Previously wdbthree listed the patches, but I haven't seen anyone list out the set's and those related bonus'
[quoted image]

One additional set: Poster and T-Shirt: Rock-it meter flipper decay halved

#3095 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I didn’t see the unlock Patience patch there

Yea not all there in the image. Is there a link to the spreadsheet?

#3097 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Basically no soup for you here in the USA during the holidays. I’m a little pissed.
[quoted image]

At least 60 games in that photo.

#3114 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Freak out? Really? World hunger, pandemic, democracies in jeopardy... these are things to freak out about. Pinball is a game. Maybe yours will take a month or two longer to arrive than originally thought. Let's have a little perspective and patience. JJP will deliver.

Says the guy with the CE in his collection already.

#3152 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

when you look at owners map of CE model you have 7 in Florida alone of the 60 saying they got it ..

I don’t understand this. A game doesn’t enter my “collection” until it’s delivered and in my basement.

#3170 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

That looks silly good.
Theme integration is beyond.
Will it ever reach europe, and at what cost?

Who gets the extra 25% tax?

#3174 3 years ago

Agreed. I paid in - full - so I most def own one

Your distributor or JJP owns your payment. You do not yet own said pinball machine.

#3198 3 years ago

The game plays fantastic and is not easy. The redit people don’t have the game and are making comments based on videos.

#3204 3 years ago

It still needs some scoring/rules tweaking in code, but for the most part, its a great game. Start song as a bonus from the scoop with no way to cancel is infuriating. That's right, I'm mentioning it again, since it happens far too frequently.

Don’t shoot the scoop until you want to start a song.

#3205 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

I think I saw this mentioned previously but I’d like to put it in here again in case Keith and co. are reading...I can envision a situation where I would want to have all the songs available but turn off the adult callouts. I know it sounds kind of ridiculous, but the language in the songs are more predictable and, in many cases, harder to hear, while the callouts are clear, very obvious, and can happen at various times. I realize it’s a long shot but it can’t hurt to ask.
The three options could be:
Family Mode <> Adult Mode <> Adult Mode (songs only)
Anyone else with kids around where this might be useful or am I on an island on this one?

Already been requested.

#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Well if you want to collect the mystery award and not start a song prematurely then what do you do? Giving players an option to pass is not going to hurt the game especially when you can pass on the album modes already.

I’d save your mystery award for the song. It’s actually pretty valuable and could award extra ball save time during the song.

#3222 3 years ago

It's so easy to light mystery, you may as well collect it. If you waited until in song mode, you potentially could have collected 5 or 6 mystery awards by then.

I get it. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a change to the mystery awards or add an adjustment.

#3224 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you want to hear a stern fanboy talk total crap about GNR then watch this .
Everyone is more than entitled to have their own opinion and not to like a game .
But to hear the garbage he's spews , trying to put down the game is just ridiculous .
He also fails to mention that Turtles and Avengers have way more reported issues than GNR.
But as a stern fanboy , you would expect that .

I think he was ok, but I do disagree with his complaints about the GNR ruleset. It seems to me that if a game doesn't follow the Keith Elwin type scoring formula, he won't give it a chance. He is hung up that every song is (usually) a multiball and thinks the big scoring shouldn't be there. Why not? Lots of game have HUGE single ball play scoring chances. Apart from the Slash solo and all of the Album modes, this one does not. Thats ok. Also, the song gets hardest when you go down to single ball play and need to make the risk / reward choices.

Here is my comment I posted on his channel:

I love the Elwin approach to rules and scoring as much as you, but I think there are many ways to make pinball fun. Eric and Keefer have a different approach here and it really works IMO. The "heart and soul" of GNR is playing a song and the risk / reward that goes along with cashing out the song jackpot. This will usually start as a multi-ball but won't finish as one. All of the tough decisions and risk / reward choices need to be made when the song is in single ball play when you choose to take the song jackpot, or keep going. Some songs are harder than others, and all of them have different shot patterns and rules. Lots of strategy on collecting patches and patch sets that can help along the way. All 4 Album modes on GNR are single ball play and quite awesome. Well, except for the unfinished one, Desert Demolition.

#3231 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I have to say I am pretty disappointed with the lack of communication from JJP on our GNR machine. We are having a serious resetting issue on location and we sent an initial request 10 days ago, it took them 5 days to respond to us, and then I sent them a dump file that day once they requested for it, and still no response back on this issue. Being on location clients want to play the machine, and with the way things are right now it is already difficult enough as it is without the machine working. We had to cancel a launch party event and reschedule and this issue might not be addressed by the time the rescheduled date is on Dec 11, very disappointing. Out of the big three (Stern, JJP, AP) I would have to say they are the most unresponsive to technical issues, just something to think about again when purchasing machines from certain manufacturers. AP is by far the best with response times in hours instead of days.

What software are you running? 1.07 has an issue that would cause resets when the camera was disabled.

#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

From what I gather it is random, but it only happens on third ball or at least I have only ever seen it happen on the third ball. I guess I could do a stop watch and see if it resets at a certain point on every ball 3. It isn’t a shot that triggers it thou that is for sure. It is the craziest thing I have ever seen in a pinball machine.

The game has detailed logs in the menu system under Reports / Event Logs. It would be easy to determine exactly when the resets are happening, because it would show the power cycle mid game. I doubt it is solely software. I have hundreds of plays on my game and would be seeing some of that I believe if it was only a software issue.

#3321 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Pinball of the year?

Yes, and it is not close.

#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s got lots going for it, but it also has weaknesses.
Same for AIQ.
Neither is perfect.
I’ll be voting for AIQ since it has better shots and gameplay/rules imo. Those are the two most important things in a game for me.
GNR is amazing in all the other facets, but falls short in the shots and gameplay/rules compared to AIQ.
RM will get some votes, but I fully expect a close one between GNR and AIQ. AIQ will probably win solely due to more people having played it.

I have played AIQ quite a bit. Like the shots and the rules, but the generic music and callouts drag it down BIG time. It doesn't really build up to to a huge moment in virtually every game like GNR does. Yeah, battling Thanos is cool, but it won't happen often. The games needs more "soul".

#3433 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’ve had the game for over a month and haven’t paid 1 second of attention to patches. They just aren’t presented in a way that is intuitive imo. At some point I’ll figure it out

The patches and patch sets you go after totally depend on where you are at. If you need an extra ball, go after the vendor patches (Fender, Marshall, Vater, Gibson) and you will light extra ball. If you have the Appetite Album mode lit, go for the the Appetite patch and you get progress towards the death blow shot on him.

Typically as a general rule, I’ll go after Bra and Underwear on ball 1. This patch set gives you double bonus for the rest of the game. From there I’ll go for poster and T-shirt. This set will cut your rockit meter flipper decay in HALF. This is useful during hard songs so you don’t get booed off stage.

Lots more strategy here but that’s some ideas.

For Slash Solo, you want both the guitar pick and Slash Hat patches. These make the mode both easier and much higher scoring.

#3435 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks. It’s all a bit overwhelming for my taste. There just seems to be too many patches with rewards that are too specific. I’m sure some folks love that level of detail though.

That’s to cool thing about this game. At the most basic level, you can explain it in 30 seconds. Then if you want to go deep, you can, but not required for sure.

#3439 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Another tip on patches. When ball is in shooter or you’re cradled, and you press action button to cycle patches, the small display inside the game will briefly display the award for the patch you’re on.
Also, learning the inlanes and knowing how they work to spot a letter is key. Took me a bit to figure it out, but flipper buttons cycle through the 3 inlanes, you want the inlane lit when the ball goes through it (or have it on GNR inlane when ball goes in the gutter on the mini pf to spot a letter too).
Other than that, I haven’t dug as deep as kermit24 but that’s the beauty of deep games. I typically find a patch that’s cool and go for it. Got to play Patience tonight cause I got that patch. Real cool. Also, when selecting a song, itll have the patch lit up next to the song if you got it which will increase scoring for it.
Still haven’t broke 10 mil, but did lose a 7 mil welcome to the jungle jackpot today haha.

Awesome. Yes the three in-lanes are VERY important when cycling through and allow you to collect patches quickly if you are paying attention. That one key detail took me a few weeks to figure out!!

#3449 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Besides the 21 songs , how many modes are in the game .

22 Songs including Patience actually.

Others:
4 Album modes (all single ball)
Slash Solo
Tour Mutiball
On the Road (loops hurry up)
Light the Flames (Pyro) Multiball
Throw the Lights (Lights) MB
Make Some Noise (Crowd) MB
Turn it Up (Amps) MB
Coma (Ball save mode)
Coma Multiball
Not in this Lifetime Wizard

#3450 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Anyone use the scorebit app? I may be getting old but that app seems like a POS. Do you have to create a location? Thanks for any help.

It’s been pretty solid lately. You need to create your game room as a location but can make it private. I had a few friends over last night and we put the scoreboard on the TV via AirPlay. When you start a game each player can claim their spot and it’s easy to track who is up etc.

#3452 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

There is the coma mode/multiball also.

Thanks. Added it.

Also:
Album modes can’t be stacked
Booster MBs can all be stacked together.
On the road stacks with anything except songs.

#3453 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh one other thing - The inside spinner shot to pops/lanes. I know ppl say it’s random, and to me, it feels completely like the katana ramp in DP but less consistent. I noticed a plastic guard at the end of the ramp by the lanes, I have a sneaky feeling the ball gets hung up on that guard which is why it’s not completing the shot. I haven’t completely dug into it, but it’s awfully close to causing bricked shots. Also, there’s a post with rubber entering that guide rail which seems fairly exposed to cause shots to ricochet. Hard to tell to be honest.
Anyone investigate that or do any tweaking in those areas yet? I’m tempted to take the plastic guard out just to see if it improves. But figured I’d pick others’ brains on it first. [quoted image][quoted image]

I don't think the "S" shot will go to the top lanes every time. There are just too many variables in play. Getting right from the spinner into the pops is very helpful when you are in a frenzy (switch hits) type mode. But it does make it up there a good deal of the time.

#3468 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks. Is this how the entrance of your ‘S’ shot is? Looks like that target is in the way of really setting up the beginning of the shot. There’s a set screw behind it though to adjust the guide rail, im tempted to toy with it. [quoted image]

Hard to tell from your photo angle. My JAM target is centered in the playfield hole for it. It does overlap a bit, but usually doesn’t interfere. Pretty sure it’s like that so it’s possible to hit the JAM target on its way through the spinner. I’ve done this a lot.

#3471 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I moved it over a tad and moved the guide rail slightly right. Seems much better - I think the target is overlapping the guide by design to protect balls slamming into it. There’s an exit guide adjust as well, but looks like a pain to get at. Lowering the flipper power closer to factory helped too as I increased it a few notches. The 2nd part of the ‘S’ shot has some guide adjustments as well that I may tinker with later on but overall I think it’s fine, just the random design of the shot.
Back to flipper hop from the inlanes. Do you guys get it from time to time? I know nicoy3k said it’s normal on a new game and to give it time, but I’m tempted to readjust the flippers and see if it improves. It’s really not bad or anything, just my OCD kicking in and curious if it happens on other games as well (i.e. normal, or not).

I get a tiny hop on the right inlane, but I’m not using stock rubber. I think the rubber used makes a difference since they are not exactly the same.

Edit: really not much flipper hop at all here.

#3474 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That’s one of the 4 album modes (Appetite for destruction album to be more specific).

Yes. Thirst for Carnage. Always get the Appetite Album Patch before starting. Fills the power meter half way to start.

#3477 3 years ago

I got a ball stuck last night from a crazy bounce...
Been getting a lot of flying balls lately in the area just below the pops.
[quoted image]

What is your flipper power at?

#3486 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Think I got my flipper issue resolved. While trying different rubbers, I noticed this:
Before:
[quoted image]
Made an adjustment. These flippers are pretty easy to adjust with a small ratchet tool. Much easier than sterns. After:
[quoted image]
The black rubbers worked the best, but hard to see black on black. Went with yellow and those worked really good but the ball bounces wildly on yellow rubbers so no real drop or live catches possible. Found some Marco reds I ordered awhile back and that did the trick.
Back in action and rocking out! Finally enjoying the pin and it’s pretty freakin bad ass. Time to start really digging into the rules, speaking of which is there anything written down anywhere on how to build song values or other side objectives in the game? I found some cool tour patches so gonna mess around with those and try to stack with tour multiball. So much to do! ...even though it doesn’t seem that way on the surface.

Are you using a wide angle lens? Why does your flipper look like it’s 6 inches long?

#3487 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Time to start really digging into the rules, speaking of which is there anything written down anywhere on how to build song values or other side objectives in the game?

I just edited the rule sheet Wiki on Tilt Fourms. Lots of stuff there. Didn’t post Patch Sets yet.

http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

#3509 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

dumb question but I'm also struggling with the patches. I now see that the patch status is bottom left but does the game auto choose the patch you go for? Where are the patch icons throughout the playfield?

You use the action button to cycle through the patches. Once you leave it on a patch it will always be going for that patch. You can hold the left flipper and hit the action button to go "back" if you skip a patch. You can do this before you plunge also. The patch benefit is displayed in the playfield LCD. Important: All THREE inlanes can be cycled to move the GNR letters over. Also, the drain on the upper PF spots a GNR letter. Make sure you cycle the flippers to have as many GNR letters as possible when it drains up there.

#3515 3 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

The Sonos move has Bluetooth.

I'll just say it - Don't even bother with Bluetooth on this game. The implementation is terrible. Hard to pair, often doesn't pair at all. Maybe the dongle they used isn't great?

#3516 3 years ago

My game lets me change the patch anytime now without holding the left flipper button.
I don’t think it that before the update?

I think you misunderstood. There are like 35 patches. The button always cycles through them in a certain order. If you accidentally skipped one, holding the left flipper and hitting the action button will go in the opposite direction so you don't need to hit the button 35 more times to get to the patch you missed.

#3517 3 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Got an issue on mine that maybe someone here can give me some pointers on how to fix:
My center scoop eject isnt going to the left flipper. It's barely enough over to the left to where I have to flip and basically hit it as it's flying down to keep it in play and then it's flying all over the place, usually very horizontal.
It's made it to where it's not fun to play anymore. I can't complete a song anymore because if I dont time it perfectly, anytime I try to add a ball, I'm going to lose the one I had SDTM.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Two / Three things you can do.

1. Loosen the hood above the scoop 2 X 1/4" drive nuts under the plastic. Point the hood as far to the left flipper as possible. Retighten.
2. Slightly bend the hood down. The ball will get less air and be more reliable.
3. Adjust eject power. I wouldn't recommend this before trying 1 and 2.

#3518 3 years ago

FYI - I posted the Patch Sets on the Tilt Rulesheet. Spoiler Alert, but if you are interested.

http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

#3526 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

is there a virtual ball lock in the SE? curious how locking balls for each band members works on the SE

It’s virtual. Left ramp.

#3531 3 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

How are the Limited game numbers assigned.
As most of us are waiting for our games, do get to pick from what's available when you get the call or do you get whatever is next?
my distro didn't know when I ordered on day 1.
At this point I care more about getting the game than what number it is

I believe LE games are random. CE also, but with the option to request a number if it’s available.

#3575 3 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

I ordered within 20 minutes of it going live from "one of the largest JJP distributors". I was told early on not to ask about when I would be getting it and they would let me know. I haven't heard a thing since then.

Distro: Please pay me.
Buyer: When am I getting it?
Distro: Not allowed to ask.

Buyer: Buh-bye.

#3601 3 years ago

Anyone grab any merch today?

#3603 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Where do you buy? Navigating to their store site doesn’t bring up anything on my phone. Maybe I need to log in with a PC?

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Merch/

#3618 3 years ago

The meters to max out Light/Pyro/Amps/Crowd are in the middle of the LCD. Circle meters. Also, when the Lights/Pyro/Amps/Crowd inserts are a solid color, they are maxed out. You can max them out AFTER the multi-ball is over also by hitting the shot for it. Huge jackpots during boosters will increase your song level higher than just maxing the booster out with no jackpots. Locking balls also impacts song value and ball save. I believe the max ball save you can build up is 60 seconds for a song.

IMG_3669 (resized).jpegIMG_3669 (resized).jpeg
#3621 3 years ago

Kermit, please elaborate a bit on this. You can still hit booster jackpots AFTER the multiball is over??? I thought once a boost was maxed, that was it. It didnt get better. I'm wrong apparently. Help a brother out.

You can only earn a "jackpot" during the multiball. If you have a bad Throw the Lights multiball and the meter isn't maxed out, you can shoot the Lights target in single ball play multiple times until it is maxed out.

#3624 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ugh, I don't want to hear that. Lack of inlane to flipper smoothness is one of the biggest indicators of poor design in our experience. It was one of our biggest complaints with Alice Cooper. I hope it IS fixable.

Not an issue on my machine.

#3628 3 years ago

Kermit, please elaborate a bit on this. You can still hit booster jackpots AFTER the multiball is over??? I thought once a boost was maxed, that was it. It didnt get better. I'm wrong apparently. Help a brother out.

Also, there is a way to play the booster multiball AGAIN to try to get more jackpots before you start the song.... With a certain patch set......

#3631 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well since you can Max the meters by hitting their various targets, what would be the incentive to play those booster multiballs again? Builds the meter faster in the multiball?

To get more jackpots. The booster jackpots have a huge impact on song value.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
414 posts in this topic match your search for posts by kermit24. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.