Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 560.
#9201 2 years ago

I fly RC planes and I can tell you that you def get what you pay for in servo brand. I think they all are made in China but the hobby zone ones are light years better than others and will last along time

#9202 2 years ago

Ok I just did a little research on my old servo and the new ones I was sent, and I can tell you that the old ones are capable of over double the torque of the new ones. Could that contribute to the linkage failure, I don’t know.

#9203 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am

Sorry I flew off the handle, you are fine. I'm just saying, I don't think software has shit all to do with this issue. From my research into the RC servo world when sourcing a replacement, it just seems like they are wear items with hit or miss quality.
I think it's unfair to lay speculative blame on the code when we've seen no evidence of the code misbehaving.

I’m not saying it’s code or not code, but from my 15 years in the NIB pinball hobby, I have seen code and drivers fix many many many issues. It’s why I don’t like buying early, I don’t want to be the Guinnea pig, and I don’t believe that going through rules updates is a reward - it’s a curse to my pinball OCD.

So why do I have an early run GNR? Simple, timing. This hobby is all about timing (or deep pockets and endless space - which I have neither). Just before GNR was released, I was in the market for a new pin (or 2). I missed the JJPOTC boat and didn’t want that to happen again after seeing this release and having a hunch it was another JJP masterpiece.

#9204 2 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

I fly RC planes and I can tell you that you def get what you pay for in servo brand. I think they all are made in China but the hobby zone ones are light years better than others and will last along time

I'm glad you're here as I have many questions!

Is there one brand that is known to be super high end and reliable?
Is there such a thing as "magnetic" servos that don't have gears?

#9205 2 years ago

I've been following the spotlight issues on here with great interest, waiting for my time to come, and as luck would have it this weekend my right spotlight's vertical arm finally shit the bed. Contacted my distributor, put in a ticket on Monday, parts arrived this afternoon!

Obviously, I gotta install them still which will take some time, but I really don't understand the arguments people are having on here about this type of shit. Yes, I know it's a new machine and yes it was not cheap, but things break when you send a steel ball hurling around a bunch of wood and plastic pieces! As long as JJP does its best to make it right, I think that's all you can ask for and personally I'll gladly continue to give them my money.

Maybe I'm a masochist but learning how to troubleshoot the problems and fix them is actually something I've come to really enjoy about the hobby. The support from communities like this make it even better! My two cents anyways.

#9206 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Maybe I'm a masochist but learning how to troubleshoot the problems and fix them is actually something I've come to really enjoy about the hobby. The support from communities like this make it even better! My two cents anyways.

With you 100%, I like fixing things too. It's a fun part of the hobby.

#9207 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm glad you're here as I have many questions!
Is there one brand that is known to be super high end and reliable?
Is there such a thing as "magnetic" servos that don't have gears?

Spectrum servos IMO are the best you can buy and metal gears are the high end of any brand. That being said there is no reason to put a $200+ dollar servo in this game. When you are trying to move the elevator of a 100lb model aircraft diving from altitude going 70mph then maybe. Be aware of physical dimensions for replacements as not all servos are the same. I am unaware of magnetic servos but my experience only spans aircraft and now pinball. I haven’t had any issues with my GNR servos but I have a box of extras ready to go

#9208 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

They are all dying. All vertical. I wonder what percentage of people have had this issue.

WRONG

My right spotlight died on the X-axis (I received the replacement in few days, kudos to JJP for great support)

#9209 2 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I believe I put in my warranty request shortly before you did. I have a package arriving from JJP via UPS today that I suspect are my replacement lights. So yours should be arriving soon.

UPS shows mine scheduled for tomorrow woohoo!!

#9210 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think that has anything to do with your machine not booting.
So CMOS clear and then PWR jumper did not get you back in business?
If not, I'd talk to Barry at JJP and see if maybe you have a defective/flaky ATX power supply.

I did the CMOS clear with power off and tried reset with power on. Still dead. I will try JJP. thanks!

#9211 2 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

I did the CMOS clear with power off and tried reset with power on. Still dead. I will try JJP. thanks!

And just to double check, all the red lights on the large circuit board below the computer motherboard box are on, right?

#9212 2 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I believe I put in my warranty request shortly before you did. I have a package arriving from JJP via UPS today that I suspect are my replacement lights. So yours should be arriving soon.

UPS shows mine scheduled for tomorrow woohoo!!

Quoted from LukyDuck:

I do not have any pins with light up flipper buttons yet. I might have to try those.
I see that they sell several models. Do you remember which model you purchased?

I ordered this kit

https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-jjp-for-dialed-in.html

In the notes it says compatible with GNR... Fits perfectly

The wire harness works off a y splitter tied into the back box led strip and leads up to the front of the pin... Plenty of length to organize wire

#9213 2 years ago

#9214 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

In the notes it says compatible with GNR... Fits perfectly

Thank you very much! Now I just have to figure out what color I desire.

Been reading your posts. I bet we ordered from the same distributor.

A few of my posts also had some paint issues under the washers. I bought some nylon washers from Lowe’s to keep the metal washers from digging into the paint.

#9215 2 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

A few of my posts also had some paint issues under the washers. I bought some nylon washers from Lowe’s to keep the metal washers from digging into the paint.

Yep, distro has been great with my RMA of the spotlights

As far as the post and clear issue...I think some of these posts were just torqued down too tightly on the line. The T posts that they are secured in should offset alot of the force but I don't think any playfield could withstand damage if it's done at the time of install. Not blaming anyone as I don't know if that is the case, but I had to dig one of the washers out of the recess it was in to apply my fixes. Luckily there was not art or clear removal and the iron tool fixed it back to factory smoothness. I might put some PETG washers that PB Life has https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html as preventative MX

#9216 2 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

The RED looks really nice in person, it looks orangey in the pics..I think Yellow or Red would look great either way

Just FYI, these are Clear when they are off...the LED ring that you insert between the inner cab and the plastic Lock Nut (they supply) has the color

#9217 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

The RED looks really nice in person, it looks orangey in the pics..I think Yellow or Red would look great either way
Just FYI, these are Clear when they are off...the LED ring that you insert between the inner cab and the plastic Lock Nut (they supply) has the color

I think it would be cool if the flipper buttons changed colors to the songs like all of the other lights!

#9218 2 years ago

Anyone know when JJP is going to be building LEs for US based distributors again? Earlier in this thread it was said Stern was focused on overseas distributors for a bit and that’s why we are not seeing US unboxings at the moment. Any update on that front?

#9219 2 years ago

I don't understand why JJP can't seem to produce games that are in extremely high demand at even a slow rate. It's a snail pace. They have been in the manufacturing business now for 10 years and have developed and shipped 6 fully featured games. They have what, 3,000 machines on backorder? All that product waiting to be sold and most of the distributors I know are getting only a few machines every few weeks? If even that.

I know people that have been in since the first week or two after the machine was announced... and they don't have a game. The original GNR teaser was June 2020, and the official reveal was October 5, 2020. So in Seven (7) months, people that saw a mostly finished product put money down on a game and STILL DON'T HAVE A GAME.

On top of that, JJP has the potential to sell what, a thousand POTC's? And aren't Wonka's and WOZ's in super high demand with no NIB supply? No doubt hundreds of those could be sold too! I couldn't imagine owning a company and sitting there with so much potential to earn capital and expand the brand/product. Am I thinking the wrong way here? The demand is there, people are willing to pay the (Ridiculous?) prices, and people can't get games.

Sorry for the rant, but it comes from the heart. .

Just curious, on JJP games, if I buy a used GNR LE will the warranty transfer to me? Or am I screwed if, for example, the magnet or screen shits out?

#9220 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

if I buy a used GNR LE will the warranty transfer to me?

No. Warranty is in the manual. Who Is Entitled To The Warranty - The Original Owner.

Tech support will still assist you. Just not send replacements under warranty.

LTG : )

#9221 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know when JJP is going to be building LEs for US based distributors again? Earlier in this thread it was said Stern was focused on overseas distributors for a bit and that’s why we are not seeing US unboxings at the moment. Any update on that front?

Email from my distributor May 1 said the overseas builds at JJP might run through the end of this month.

#9222 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Warranty is in the manual. Who Is Entitled To The Warranty - The Original Owner.
Tech support will still assist you. Just not send replacements under warranty.
LTG : )

Thank you sir, appreciate it!

#9223 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Email from my distributor May 1 said the overseas builds at JJP might run through the end of this month.

As a day one LE order from Australia, this is news to gladden the heart. We need every machine produced in May to satisfy first day orders

#9224 2 years ago

Supply chain, transportation, parts and labor shortages due to the global pandemic and the restrictions and challenges it presents perhaps?

Warranty’s don’t transfer.

Quoted from Cobray:

I don't understand why JJP can't seem to produce games that are in extremely high demand at even a slow rate. It's a snail pace. They have been in the manufacturing business now for 10 years and have developed and shipped 6 fully featured games. They have what, 3,000 machines on backorder? All that product waiting to be sold and most of the distributors I know are getting only a few machines every few weeks? If even that.
I know people that have been in since the first week or two after the machine was announced... and they don't have a game. The original GNR teaser was June 2020, and the official reveal was October 5, 2020. So in Seven (7) months, people that saw a mostly finished product put money down on a game and STILL DON'T HAVE A GAME.
On top of that, JJP has the potential to sell what, a thousand POTC's? And aren't Wonka's and WOZ's in super high demand with no NIB supply? No doubt hundreds of those could be sold too! I couldn't imagine owning a company and sitting there with so much potential to earn capital and expand the brand/product. Am I thinking the wrong way here? The demand is there, people are willing to pay the (Ridiculous?) prices, and people can't get games.
Just curious, on JJP games, if I buy a used GNR LE will the warranty transfer to me? Or am I screwed if, for example, the magnet or screen shits out?

#9225 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Does any (pinball) company warranty second hand owners? I know stern doesn’t.

#9226 2 years ago

Little help here guys?...

Did the full cliffy install last night (scoop, shooter lanes, ramp diverter). It went smooth as hell. Until...

I went to lift the playfield for a different little project and I heard the dreaded rattle. I checked in the back and saw the following washer. I'm hoping someone can point out where these are in their machine. Since it's black, and the ones holding the ramps and such in place are silver, I am hoping that it is easier to identify.

Things I had to remove to do the install... the upper playfield, the bass wireframe, the apron, the auto plunger, half of the right hotlane lights, and obviously the middle scoop. Any of those could be the culprit.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 9.59.23 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-05-06 at 9.59.23 AM (resized).png
#9227 2 years ago

Production is most definitely ramped up right now on GNR's.. it's just that all of them are going overseas so that's why there's a small lag in unboxings.

Be prepared for a wave of GNR LE's to hit the market... no way I'd buy a used one right now unless the price was right (not including CE's). Lots of people worried about playfield problems too, guys with old games waiting to dump theirs for a incoming NIB...

JJP was waiting on parts and things were slowed down with COVID.. but make no mistake, things are ramped up!

#9228 2 years ago
Quoted from reflex33:

Little help here guys?...
Did the full cliffy install last night (scoop, shooter lanes, ramp diverter). It went smooth as hell. Until...
I went to lift the playfield for a different little project and I heard the dreaded rattle. I checked in the back and saw the following washer. I'm hoping someone can point out where these are in their machine. Since it's black, and the ones holding the ramps and such in place are silver, I am hoping that it is easier to identify.
Things I had to remove to do the install... the upper playfield, the bass wireframe, the apron, the auto plunger, half of the right hotlane lights, and obviously the middle scoop. Any of those could be the culprit.
[quoted image]

I know where two are located…

897B3E23-7BD3-4A4C-8313-BCAEE8CB234F (resized).jpeg897B3E23-7BD3-4A4C-8313-BCAEE8CB234F (resized).jpegF7D0445A-A185-470A-B6EB-B017C71D22B8 (resized).jpegF7D0445A-A185-470A-B6EB-B017C71D22B8 (resized).jpeg
#9229 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Production is most definitely ramped up right now on GNR's.. it's just that all of them are going overseas so that's why there's a small lag in unboxings.
Be prepared for a wave of GNR LE's to hit the market... no way I'd buy a used one right now unless the price was right (not including CE's). Lots of people worried about playfield problems too, guys with old games waiting to dump theirs for a incoming NIB...
JJP was waiting on parts and things were slowed down with COVID.. but make no mistake, things are ramped up!

Hoping you are correct, but where are you getting this information?

#9230 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Hoping you are correct, but where are you getting this information?

Take a look at where I live

#9231 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

That is certainly disappointing for us here stateside (as it means it’ll be mid-June before we see another unboxing), but great news for those overseas. I may receive my Mando before my GnR.

#9232 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is certainly disappointing for us here stateside (as it means it’ll be mid-June before we see another unboxing), but great news for those overseas. I may receive my Mando before my GnR.

Stern does the same thing, all the new games go into shipping containers first then the US gets it's supply.

There are plenty coming, believe me!!

#9233 2 years ago

This was just posted a few minutes ago by JJP. It's no secret production is in full force and things are looking good for the next few months!

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.22.39 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.22.39 AM (resized).png

#9234 2 years ago

Bueno! Thank you much!

Quoted from LukyDuck:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from LukyDuck:

[quoted image][quoted image]

#9235 2 years ago

Happy day...just got my new spotlights

JJP and my distro were super fast took less than a week

20210506_134342 (resized).jpg20210506_134342 (resized).jpg
#9236 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

But with a 6 week delay from leaving the factory to be able to deliver to customers here in Australia, don't worry but lot's of US customers will see new deliveries before these machines are available to the guys' that ordered day 1 here.

Don't forget, only 33 machines have made it here so far as far as i'm aware.

#9237 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Happy day...just got my new spotlights
JJP and my distro were super fast took less than a week
[quoted image]

Looking forward to another key post from you after the install.

#9238 2 years ago

Swapping out Spotlights

Super easy - takes all of 15 minutes

1. Turn off power and lift/pullout playfield to extended position 3

2. Before disconnecting take photos of your wires and label so that you can reattach correctly, then snip zip ties and unplug.

20210506_141215 (resized).jpg20210506_141215 (resized).jpg

3. Left assembly - unscrew 2 Phillips head screws holding servo - these are the only 2 screws holding assembly on vertical bracket. Reattach plugs making sure the wires correspond to the colors yellow with yellow, black/brown , orange with orange

4. Rezip plugs to wires as per factory and make sure main LED plug/wires is free and clear with slack and no obstruction

20210506_140754 (resized).jpg20210506_140754 (resized).jpg

20210506_151553 (resized).jpg20210506_151553 (resized).jpg

5. Right assembly - remove back metal panel using 1/4 inch hex driver. There are 2 plastic looms also held in place by screws holding on panel, one is for the left wires, the other is near the bottom right. (not shown in photo)

20210506_140807 (resized).jpg20210506_140807 (resized).jpg

6. Again, photograph and label wires, snip zips and unplug.

7. There are 2 nuts holding the bracket that goes throught the back wall, remove these. The spot assembly slides forward under the right ramp and also sits on a plastic deflector for the orbit lane. Go slowly so as to not scratch the plastic or move the servos/spot when removing/installing spots.

20210506_142600 (resized).jpg20210506_142600 (resized).jpg

8. Reattach nuts, rezip plugs and wires, reattach back panel making sure to secure the plastic looms

9. Check your work, make sure the spotlight LED cables are not binding on the back wall and have slack.

20210506_151539 (resized).jpg20210506_151539 (resized).jpg

10. Lower playfield, power up. Done!

In my experience, I was extra gentle with the new spot assemblies taking care not to move the servos or touch the spot when assembling for fear of putting anything out of calibration. I did not run a test diagnostic. The servos autocentered when the machine powered up.

These new servos are very smooth and make no noise unlike my other ones.

This is a simple install, just take your time

#9239 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Black mirror 100%. I added them and have no issues with clearance when lifting the playfield.

Where did you get your black mirror blades. The only place I found them was at Pinball Decals.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

Are there any other sources for the black mirror blades?

#9240 2 years ago

What would you do??
I cashed in cause my heart was pounding.

PXL_20210506_232421194 (resized).jpgPXL_20210506_232421194 (resized).jpg
#9241 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

What would you do??
I cashed in cause my heart was pounding.
[quoted image]

Wow. I have a hard time scoring over 5,000,000 lol

#9242 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Wow. I have a hard time scoring over 5,000,000 lol

Band Frenzy, yo!

Get yourself a Fender patch. In song, spam the active band member until Band Frenzy starts, then feed as many balls into the spinner/pops as you can.

When you hear gunshots popping off like popcorn you know you're in the butter zone.

#9243 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Swapping out Spotlights
Super easy - takes all of 15 minutes
1. Turn off power and lift/pullout playfield to extended poistion 3
2. Before disconnecting take photos of your wires and label so that you can reattach correctly, then snip zip ties and unplug.
[quoted image]
3. Left assembly - unscrew 2 Phillips head screws holding servo - these are the only 2 screws holding assembly on vertical bracket. Reattach plugs making sure the wires correspond to the colors yellow with yellow, black/brown , orange with orange
4. Rezip plugs to wires as per factory and make sure main LED plug/wires is free and clear with slack and no obstruction
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
5. Right assembly - remove back metal panel using 1/4 inch hex driver. There are 2 plastic looms also held in place by screws holding on panel, one is for the left wires, the other is near the bottom right. (not shown in photo)
[quoted image]
6. Again, photograph and label wires, snip zips and unplug.
7. There are 2 nuts holding the bracket that goes throught the back wall, remove these. The spot assembly slides forward under the right ramp and also sits on a plastic deflector for the orbit lane. Go slowly so as to not scratch the plastic or move the servos/spot when removing/installing spots.
[quoted image]
8. Reattach nuts, rezip plugs and wires, reattach back panel making sure to secure the plastic looms
9. Check your work, make sure the spotlight LED cables are not binding on the back wall and have slack.
[quoted image]
10. Lower playfield, power up. Done!
In my experience, I was extra gentle with the new spot assemblies taking care not to move the servos or touch the spot when assembling for fear of putting anything out of calibration. I did not run a test diagnostic. The servos autocentered when the machine powered up.
These new servos are very smooth and make no noise unlike my other ones.
This is a simple install, just take your time

Great writeup, should be a key post!

#9244 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Band Frenzy, yo!
Get yourself a Fender patch. In song, spam the active band member until Band Frenzy starts, then feed as many balls into the spinner/pops as you can.
When you hear gunshots popping off like popcorn you know you're in the butter zone.

I’ll do that. I need to spend some time strategizing which patches to go for and have to make it a point to try to collect them. Getting better though

#9245 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Band Frenzy, yo!

Thank you, that is a really great strategy and I will have to start paying more attention to band frenzy and the Fender patch!

#9246 2 years ago

So how are extra balls qualified in this game? I got like 3 yesterday in one game and today had an awesome game and got 0. Whats the best way to get them?

#9247 2 years ago

Karl good.

D568EB98-8CEB-4259-832F-F1354A0D6CA0 (resized).jpegD568EB98-8CEB-4259-832F-F1354A0D6CA0 (resized).jpeg
#9248 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Karl good. [quoted image]

#9249 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Karl good. [quoted image]

I really like watching him play. One of the best streamers doing it. Got the skills and the patter down.

#9250 2 years ago

I replaced my spotlights today, when I looked at the broken ones, it looks like there is a horizontal misalignment that pulls them laterally apart making them break. See photo...

F789D8A2-3C67-4492-B276-1D4CD1F05920 (resized).jpegF789D8A2-3C67-4492-B276-1D4CD1F05920 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.