IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ra77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Bluetooth to external sound bar CONFIRMED!! There's your topper

CE topper bar I expect to be hardwired to sound board, in saying that there should be nothing stopping LE, SE, owners connecting a sound bar via BT . Also nothing stopping all model owners connecting a sub via BT. Or if you want to go wild connect you BT enabled home sound system and get the neighbours worked up

#630 3 years ago

I wish that I ordered a CE direct while I had the opportunity.
Was frustrating to see the direct order window open and not clicking buy now as I was being loyal and patient with our distro. Then to see the door close without hearing anything was a bummer.
Still waiting patiently to hear from our distro.
Feeling somewhat deflated here

1 week later
#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

OK- so there is chipping on the scoop hole on a game.. Not sure why no picture has been shown.. but is out there..Clearly making playfields is Hard.
I hear directly that only a handful of playfields are affected.
[quoted image]
Iā€™m still in for an LE!

Scoop looks Smashed !

Surprised a solution has not been applied ?

C'mon JJP you can do better

#1330 3 years ago

Scoop needs more than Mylar

1 week later
#2012 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Post 2000!! Still no CEā€™s on the line!

Saving the best till last
Patience bro

3 weeks later
#3080 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

33 games total shipping to Australia on 6th December i heard.
In my limited experience LTG is right and the OS countries are packed and shipped so that people get games at the same time as you guys in the contingent assembly of united states of north America.

I don't get it mate ?
33 games ?
So only one 20ft container ?

Im only guessing cuz I don't really know how
how many Nib's fit in a 20 ft or a 40ft container.
Anyone in the knows the correct answer care to enlighten us please.

1 week later
#3478 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

Found a pair of wire cutters in the cab of my GnR. Didnā€™t someone else find tools in there cab?
[quoted image]

These are an excellent set of cutters, and are expensive, perfect for the prepping RJ45 connectors.
Great to se JJP using quality tools.

#3484 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

It is a great tool, but fairly inexpensive. Probably not worth the shipping cost. They do break so I like to buy a few at a time. At least I think these are the same. One of my most used tool in the toolbox.
amazon.com link Ā»

Nice
5 x that price down under
Wow you guys are on a good thing

1 week later
#4049 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Iā€™m sure itā€™s been mentioned but I cannot get GNR to connect to my network. It recognizes it and I accepted the agreement
It keeps saying failure to connect. Signal is good.
Anyone else have an issue.

Consider checking your router setting/details.
Double check accuracy for router name and password, your router may need to be forced into 2.4G mode.

#4228 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Bluetooth is terrible on this game. Not sure if the dongle they selected is bad quality or there are software issues with Bluetooth. Iā€™ve been able to connect headphones twice successfully. Most of the time it wonā€™t see the device thatā€™s in pairing mode.

Have you tried other devices ?

I was hoping JJP had Bluetooth refined.... ???
Really was looking forward to having my GnR connected to my home stereo via Bluetooth.

1 week later
#4437 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Taxation is theft :p

Yep certainly makes the game no fun

#4550 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Aussies know of anyone doing a kit in Australia?

Try these mate, I think the Haus may do them soon hopefully

The 2 best supplies down under

https://pinballhaus.com/

https://www.rtbb.com.au/

Speaking of parts, no one has mentioned balls ?
Guessing JJP balls are great from the factory ?

My first JJP so I don't know

#4553 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Balls and Rubbers suck. You may want to order new sets now!

Ah ok, thanks for that.
I haven't read anything bad about balls, just bad flipper rubbers ? I was thinking JJP being a premium product would be using first class balls and rubbers ?

#4659 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Just got my SE up and running and after playing a few games noticed this and some cringeworthy metal to metal sounds, all I had was a basic white rubber post but itā€™s better than nothing I guess. For such an awesome machine I thought the balls were dull. I couldnā€™t stand it any longer and pulled them after a few games and replaced with those Ninja balls. No other issues so far.
[quoted image]

I still can't believe JJP doesn't have good balls ???
Does JJP really source from same rubbish tip as Stern ?

For a extra dollar per ball, probably less , I don't get it

Edit, I would and no doubt many Pinheads would love an announcement from JJP to say..............
Hey, You are buying the most current premium available Pinball Machine in The World,

well you deserve the best Balls and Rubbers available

Here it is !!!

Ninja and Titan

#4661 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

\
I'll be good, 50 ninja's and 50 carbons. thanks babak, arrived today. Post guy handed me the little box and said 'heavy'. Yep, 100 pinballs.
I figured vacpac would stop the wild rust, it's rained every day here for 6 weeks or so.
Prizes for who gets the carbon V Ninga.[quoted image]

Ninja right, I'll settle for a Blunt
Man I will catch up next time in Woopi for sure

#4700 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Headphone jack work fine here. I was considering purchasing a Bluetooth 2.1 Speaker sets but if the connection cannot work correctly this is a no-go.

My guess is a software or firmware update from JJP is necessary. No doubt the technical team is on to it.
Edit , just realised Kermit recognises the problem as well.

#4758 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

On the topic of Bluetooth support... thought I'd mention that I hooked up an older Yamaha ATS-1060 sound bar that we bought at Costco several years ago. The specs say it has bluetooth "v2.1 + EDR" (whatever that means) and it's been working flawlessly. So maybe that's a clue? Perhaps the gear inside the pinball machine is more reliable with an older Bluetooth device?
Having played with the Bluetooth a little bit now I have to say I like the fact that the pinball machine remembers what volume you were at for the Bluetooth versus the built-in speakers. It is kind of a bummer that when you hit the Bluetooth button on the front of the pinball machine, the pinball machine doesn't automatically reconnect to something that you connected to previously but I really have to hand it to Keith and company for the way they implemented the Bluetooth connection menus on the screen, it is very intuitive and easy to use.
All in all, using the sound bar which I just placed on top of the head is really working great for me, and the sound is damn good. I also have a subwoofer-out RCA port on the back of the sound bar which I connected up to a 12-in powered sub that sits underneath my pinball machines, but it's almost not even necessary because this particular sound bar does have a pretty decent bottom end.

GnR looks to be the most epic pin from ANY manufacturer to date. Now we can just hope the game gets the audio support from JJP hardware engineers and sound mix team to take JJP GnR pin over the top.

So far we have Integration and Lights that are Amazing !
Video and art that are next level !
Oh man , and thank you Eric, Slash and Team JJP for Juke Box !!!!!!!! This is a must for EVERY music pin.
insert ( Ripped off with Iron Maiden ! .... )

But then, Sound ??? What's goin on.
Audio is obviously one of the major components to any pinball, especially a music pin.

I'm shocked to hear so many pinsiders with GnR audio issues ??? Lets hope JJP gets the sound quality/mixing and BT connections to the ultimate level of satisfaction and reliability soon.

ps, it is understandable that the new BT hardware will have compatibility and teething problems, just hoping there is a strong focus to get this awesome tech to a well functioning and user friendly level.

#4759 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I added a sub to mine the other day. Wow, what a difference. Really helped balance out the midrange level. I used the pinnovators kit.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/guns-n-roses-limited-edition/products/pinsub-subwoofer-kit-multi-system-blue

Highly recommend Pinnovators as well, Great products, excellent communication and customer support.

These 3 bad boys run the pinnovators kits and a well defined/set up, sub is kick ass on any pin.

Gonna be interesting when my first JJP........ GnR turns up.......... 3 against 1 , haha.

Challenge Call out to JJP team to whack Stern Pinball in the audio quality department as well ????

pisd (resized).jpgpisd (resized).jpg

#4819 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's the bolt that can't be found, though he's looked around.

Haha, nice one punkin Some brilliant Dr. Seuss there, Love it.
Keep em comin

#4858 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You can improve your LE for sure. But I have seen the CE and LE side by side today. The CE is superior. Itā€™s stunning. The sparkle in the playfield is freaking gorgeous.

As well as the Sparkle the CE also has Green lower pf highlights compared to LE Blue highlights. Sorry about the low res, Im sure that they both look amazing in real life.

20210114_084643 (resized).jpg20210114_084643 (resized).jpg20210114_084711 (resized).jpg20210114_084711 (resized).jpg
#4887 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The big mystery for me is why on Spike2 pins cradling up doesn't raise the temps appreciably. Spooky/JJP and older Sterns the temp keeps going up as long as you cradle up, but on Spike you see a change of only a degree or two in a half hour of cradling solid. Awesome, but I don't get why that's the case (at least not yet).

Can you measure current draw on coils as part of your testing Vic ?

Hold has to be minimal right ? Guessing same coils used in Spike 2 if so, I can only guess there must be a sweet spot that Stern has found/produced in the drive circuit ?

Thanks for your efforts Vic.
I'm lucky not to play long enough to experience fade, but I could imagine how much it must suck. Pretty unfair for tourney players too I reckon.

1 week later
#5218 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Someone made a mod board to eliminate this pop on start up in the Hobbit thread.
I could never figure out why it upset people so much, but if you want it gone, search the Hobbit thread for it.

The audio pop is unpleasant and messes with my ocd, lol,
I don't think it does the speakers any favors either.
reminds me of some WPC games that have a nasty pop on start up.

3 weeks later
#5909 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I cheated and opened the instructions before my mates got here.
[quoted image]
Can't wait to unbox this thing.

Man, you are going to be in on a GREAT Sunday session !
Enjoy

#6005 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I haven't talked to my distributor or JJP about it yet as i'd rather replace them with decent switches. I only need to know which ones to order that will fit. I mean this is the major moving part, an extra 50 cents won't break them.
might have to start pulling some of my other machines to bits to find out for myself what will substitute.
Thanks, i'll pull it to bits again shortly and see if i can find a way to dodgy it up.

Hey mate, sorry to hear of the frustration,

They appear to be BW type leafs that RTTB would carry. I am heading your way tomorrow for a leisurely 5hr drive, once im settled I'll look you up and be happy to help out as I have a tech background.
Sorry I have no parts with me though they are at my place up north still. Can pick up anything along the way if you like ?
Cheers

#6074 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

My buddy and I are still weeks away from getting our CE's

Saving the best till last

If SE's are sneaking in between CE's , I can only imagine that there may be some component delays.

#6089 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well i got the update onto a stick, but can't find a usb port to put it in. I have checked the support page in JJP's website all it say's is insert your stick.
Are you suppossed to have a tech background just to be able to play a fucking pinball machine? Why can't they make proper instructions with a picture of where to 'insert it'?
I have looked in the backbox where most of the usb slots are in most of my machines. i have also lifted the playfield for about the 30th time on my brand new machine, but can't see a slot there or on the door.
Hoping someone here can do JJP's job for them and show me where the usb port is?

I have not had a JJP as yet, but believe it is pc based, so you could remove a usb dongle that is already in the back box pc and insert your update stick. Hopefully it is as easy as following the prompts , then put the wifi dongle or whatever you removed back where it was

#6179 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Gotta die of something.
I'd rather die from having too much fun than die from being too healthy. Got a text from my neighbour at 3.02am this morning telling me for the sake of friendship to turn the music down
It's all Ando's fault i tell you.
Pinwoofer going in shortly, stand by for todays meltdown.

Maaattttee...............
Thank you for your incredible hospitality, such a amazing collection, Wow !
Sorry I could not keep my hands off your JJP LE Gunners, Amazing !
This Game IS NEXT LEVEL ! Holy Shit, Blow mE away ! Fuck ! Wow, \m/ \m/ Fuck................. Wow again !!!!!!
Thank you for the being so cool from an unknown visitor, such a Champion, Cheers,
Ando

20210219_215824 (resized).jpg20210219_215824 (resized).jpg20210219_222522_resized (resized).jpg20210219_222522_resized (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6510 3 years ago

Looks Awesome,
I don't care what some say about the SE art, its really cool !
That playfield is ripe for some killer mods !
Light it up

#6528 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

SEā€™s going out in the states rn with serials in the 200ā€™s. SEā€™s might be the real LE/CEā€™s depending on what the finally tally is

I agree, the SE's will be "most least produced" Mmm, is that a legit comment, lol ?
So therefore the rarest of the range.
So yeah the SE is special in more ways than 1, I really like the package and not doubt its a shooters paradise.

#6530 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not yet. Getting close. We had the wires for one of the fans installed in the field pop off the solder pads in the fan spontaneously, and that may be related to a number of out of the blue failures of the "standard" type fans from the last shipment (before that there was like 1-2 fans that failed ever in 2 years). It seems like maybe the factory worker just pressed too hard when stripping the wires and scored the remaining wires, weakening them, and the machine vibration did the rest with the wires breaking clean off the solder pads at the insulation.
I have 8 JJP 3 flipper kits out and this is the only one of the 24 fans installed that failed, so it's probably a fluke, but I want to be sure and want to understand what happened to make sure that whatever changes need to be made at the factory are made before I start shipping these. This last-minute investigation is going to push the launch into next week though.
Here's a picture of the whole kit to hold you, though. I'm including the precision cutters with this kit for the zip tie installation since the higher CFM fans just to better control the hotter-coil JJP machines are bumping the price up over the Spooky kits that have the standard fans. Trying to give a little extra value.[quoted image]

Kit looks brilliant, going next level by including cutters and all securing hardware, very cool, Nice work Vic.
Where do you pick the supply from ? I guess current draw for each fan is only in the milliamps ?

1 week later
#6874 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I would love when a jackpot is lost that the jackpot score stays on screen a little while longer. Playing today I kept missing what the jackpot I had lost was. Also still think a biggest jackpot lost needs to be implemented in the saved scoring. pinball_keefer

Its great to have a battle and fun time with a pin that can stick it to you when you make a mistake or get ripped off with a cheap drain, IMDN does this really well. Also a great feeling when you kick the games ass and you get rewarded

#7044 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I guess because AFM is next to it. I also know all the major rules to it, i think.
I have a few games, but only 4 are up the front .

You need to separate those 2 mate

20210219_222442 (resized).jpg20210219_222442 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9303 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I am waiting for the show next year in Groningen The Netherlands. Tickets are hanging on the fridge.

Enjoy mate
Waiting for cold November rain here in Australia November 16th for Brisbane.

#9304 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have two mates close to me who were day 1 orders and are still waiting here with no indication on time frames.
It's in JJP's interests to get the games out as quick as possible, so i'm positive that's what they are doing.

The boat is underway mate

1 week later
#9850 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Such a shame, that guitar neck one would bother the sh!t out of me

Mmmm, WTF is causing that ? Ball just rolls off ? or is up post punching the ball ? I don't get it ? reduce power up post ?

#9851 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks for the offer pinball life, but $67US to ship 30 washers doesn't sound too appealing for some reason.
[quoted image]
GladIt'sNotAPlayfieldPunkin

Terry is good mate, he has refunded excess post costs that are system generated, usually about 1/3rd.
Agree RTBB is go to for value.
Super nice of Vic to offer to help out.

punkin have you got any of this pooling crap mate ? your game is mint and I didn't notice any when I played.

#9875 2 years ago

I thought the special QC Mirco stamp under the apron assured QC on these new GnR's

This video Sep 12 2019................................................

1 week later
#10330 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Happy weekend to all .I finally have the time for the ā€œscoop from hellā€.They sent a new snubber bracket and Im still where I was .Seems the holes drilled into PF are way off .Setting it as is in holes is nowhere close .I drilled the snubber last time slightly and that wasnā€™t enough .Ill try to drill further just because i want to play the thing real bad but does anyone have any suggestions as if i drill the holes wide to swivel i believe it will be an ongoing problem coming loose here n there .As always much appreciated .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, alignment looks way off, sorry I can't help with pics atm, still waiting for my game. You may want to check/replace your balls ? Pf looking scuffed up, should polish out.

#10499 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Also mylar circles and smaller washers (as per HEP suggestion) are two options you're missing. I keep ordering these parts as people suggest them and now I have them all coming to me. When they all arrive I won't know which ones to use now.
It would be nice to have a spare playfield to do some testing on with all of these options. With us all only having the one playfield in our game we want to get it right the first time. It would be nice if someone with a spare playfield and an interest in fixing this problem could do some testing for us. Someone like maybe JJP?? But then if JJP did this, it would be an admission of faulty playfields and opening a whole can of worms for them that they don't want to touch.

I ordered some of these
hoping for the best

washrs (resized).JPGwashrs (resized).JPG

#10500 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Also mylar circles and smaller washers (as per HEP suggestion) are two options you're missing. I keep ordering these parts as people suggest them and now I have them all coming to me. When they all arrive I won't know which ones to use now.
It would be nice to have a spare playfield to do some testing on with all of these options. With us all only having the one playfield in our game we want to get it right the first time. It would be nice if someone with a spare playfield and an interest in fixing this problem could do some testing for us. Someone like maybe JJP?? But then if JJP did this, it would be an admission of faulty playfields and opening a whole can of worms for them that they don't want to touch.

I posted @HEP in another thread asking if his amazing treatment might "lock up/lock in" a suspect PF, prevent art tear under posts, gonna ask Savage too. Shit ton of work though for complete strip and re-populate

2 weeks later
#11139 2 years ago

I intend to install Cliffy carbon washers and PETG clears, looking at the video the thread length of the metal posts will not be long enough to accommodate these. Can anyone provide part # for a suitable post with longer thread please. I am guessing only need 2 of these ? Remove T nut and install washer and nut under playfield. Perhaps JJP could supply a kit with service bulletin ?

#11374 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Finally, my anal note taking ahead of actually having a game pays off for someone
Also, props to Zaphx and I sure do wish heā€™d come back
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/179#post-6257557

Sticky for LO airballs please admin

1 week later
#11724 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I told JJP about the pooling on my CE and they sent me this.
[quoted image]

Mmm, I was kinda hoping this kit would be correct fix.

If the new posts have the narrow diameter this is not a good fix.

We need a big hard post in a very tight hole please JJP.

#11880 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My guitar lock was completely broken. It showed up in test mode and appeared to calibrate, but the switch didn't work. Keyboard and skill shot sensors worked fine. Post #3764 showed a similar issue, a wire not seated in a connector all the way. I never did hear it click in, it's in an awkward spot. It's working now, hopefully it stays. There are a lot of wires in this game under tension. I can see a lot of problems like this coming up over time.
[quoted image]

I have an electronics background and it drives me crazy when I see cables and wiring dressed incorrectly. There are 2 primary rules for good wiring practice and that is following a good path,running neatly without leaving loops and criss-crossing all over each other and most importantly leaving a small amount of slack/give in the wires to allow for vibration and some movement this is also important for servicing.
I was a little frustrated to find wiring in my CE severely over tensioned in a few locations causing problems ( mainly lights out ). I have since rectified these without too much trouble, but think it could be difficult and unfair for some pinheads to locate correct these issues. Hoping the assembly line workers are briefed about the wiring over tensioning problem and a little more care taken. I am a very fussy individual and still very happy with the build quality.

1 week later
#12153 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The clearcoat is very soft and the silicone is softer than the clearcoat, but the petg gives the rigidity. When you tighten down, the silicone sort of spills out inter the edge of the petg washer softening the edge.
Thatā€™s my theory anyway- Iā€™m no expert.

I think your theory is sound and certainly worth a go .
My choice will be Cliffy carbon with clear PETG combo.

Your set up will look better than mine.
I hope that they both perform well.
I will post a few pics when I'm done and provide updates.

#12154 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

The longer post does not necessarily require a nut from below. I replaced the short one with the long one and put a silicon washer under the metal factory washer. After screwing in the post still has some free movement in the wood (was discussed earlier here already). To improve that I wrapped a small (0,5 cm) of clear tape around the part of the post, which is the upper part below the small ā€žplatformā€œ of the post. That lowers the gap between the post and the wood hole. You can adjust that very well by try and error until the movement is close to zero.

Yeah, That gap is a big part of the problem, Mmm, dunno how long the tape will last ?
I will be looking for a metal sleeve of some sort when I get my posts out.

I still don't get why JJP just can't send us an update kit made for this ?

1 week later
#12453 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Just remove the posts completely if you can mate. No post = no pooling. That is the plan for pur Gunners when we get it.

Defeat design purpose ?

#12589 2 years ago

My CE still a glorified jukebox, no play till Cliffy kit arrives. Tracking says stuck in San Francisco for last 10 days, frustrating. Oh well, had to go away for work again.
I implore JJP to address the matter appropriately. Our Australian distributor has provided great customer service and Barry from JJP has been super helpful.

20210701_175915 (resized).jpg20210701_175915 (resized).jpg20210702_114642 (resized).jpg20210702_114642 (resized).jpg20210702_114703 (resized).jpg20210702_114703 (resized).jpg20210702_143207 (resized).jpg20210702_143207 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#13031 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Im actually curious if they will do an actual CE run since it's got the sparkly bits. I'd consider ordering one if a) it was not Mirco and b) it was a CE PF.

Probably an extra 2 fiddy for CE, those sparkles cost ya know

#13193 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Thank Christ JJP got this game out the door before ā€œABSUŠÆDā€ ended up in it.

Totally agree, wow, shocker

https://www.loudersound.com/features/our-first-reaction-to-the-new-guns-n-roses-single-absuyad

1 week later
#13544 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Those do look different, what the machine number or build date?

B/W posts

#13546 2 years ago

My Cliffy kit finally arrived,
Thanks for the awesome products Cliff
So the fun begins

20210814_194524 (resized).jpg20210814_194524 (resized).jpg20210814_203017 (resized).jpg20210814_203017 (resized).jpg20210814_203032 (resized).jpg20210814_203032 (resized).jpg
#13714 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

So what are folks using to eliminate that JJP speaker pops on bootup? I know they sell a ground loop isolater but I think that's more for humming sounds rather then the popping but I could be wrong. I know others made a relay timing board to cut sound off to the speakers until x amount of time passes but is there anything else at this point we can use or does the isolater device work?

The THUMP and POP on boot up I dislike greatly. I wish JJP would get rid of it.
Its appears to be an audio pop, can't it be muted somehow ?
Is it really that difficult ?

#13744 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like the Crackle Pop on startup , it let's me know it's alive

Fair enough mate
I just don't think it does any good for the speakers , and it scares the shit out on me in a quiet room, I think something is shorting out.
Very unpleasant

#13746 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just picture Slash plugging his guitar into a live concert stack!
It's harmless and really nothing to worry about at all.

Haha,
Keefer should make that a mode, just to blow the speakers and freak players out, lol

1 week later
#14145 2 years ago

I don't get it ?

My CE clear is set rock solid, It's like glass, you can't push into it with fingernail.
I dunno WTF the Mirco process is and how some PF's are fine and others are soft ?

#14147 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I agree with you as I just spent hours installing cliffyā€™s, putting carbon fibre rings and Petg posts under ever potential problem post. Brand new game and I turn it on to findā€¦.. no signal on the screen after hot rails worked for 2 secs. Nothing else works WTF

Double check all the connectors I/O PCB and PC and make sure there are no pinched wires
Im in Brissie and happy to help if you get stuck.

1 week later
#14742 2 years ago

The holes for the 3 danger posts are too large in diameter allowing for movement, as seen in the video that was posted ages ago

After having my game for over 2 months without any play, due to too many other commitments, I am MAKING the time to get the bulletproofing job done.

So I have lower playfield complete almost 3hrs, working on upper now and I find that I will have to get a 3 x metal or plastic sleeves for the 3.......... super problem posts. I have installed bigger T-Nut and have longer posts ready to go. -_- The larger T-nut is still not long enough to reach all the way through the PF -_-.

****** Has anyone found perfect size tubing that can be cut to length and fitted to post ? *******

20210909_161858_resized (resized).jpg20210909_161858_resized (resized).jpg20210909_165144_resized (resized).jpg20210909_165144_resized (resized).jpg

#14744 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

How can you tell they are different? I thought ALL playfields were already made.

Yep, removing problem posts will prove if the issue has truly been addressed. At the moment my guess is they are dressed with washers and torqued with a little more care.

If and when JJP run new playfields it would be a good idea to copy Stern and remove art around posts. Also a great idea would be to get all playfield through holes drilled the correct size to match posts that are used.

Perhaps they will come with a more fancy stamp ?

20210909_134044_resized (resized).jpg20210909_134044_resized (resized).jpg

#14809 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

What about this from Pinballlife?
[quoted image]

Its good, just need to add 3 x t nuts for the 3 x oversized holes up top, great idea from cooked71.

Edit: this problem may be corrected on newer playfields ?

All posts, especially at high impact locations should be locked in tightly ie. Tight hole for post.
Never over torqued though.

Screenshot_20210827-212044_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210827-212044_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210911-154901_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210911-154901_Chrome (resized).jpg

#14851 2 years ago

Disclosure, I'm no audio expert, but like to have my head around and understand basic specs.

I cannot confirm performance until I actually get some time on my game, still waiting parts for bulletproofing.

I agree with Vic on this one mate,

They are all China special, Try not to be misled by bs power statements and flashy stickers.

I have great trust in Dan from Pinwoofer and keen to try out his kick ass products.

From what I can see the Gold Wood is a superior product, at least they publish specs, there is very little detail to be found on the Pyramid.

I dunno if a CE really needs the PW upgrade ? a great option is to add an external sub.

From what I have read Pinwoofer, Dans products , support and dedication is next level

GW (resized).JPGGW (resized).JPGGW 2 (resized).JPGGW 2 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#15161 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just got my Le a few hours ago, Aug production. Going to set it up after work....Are you guys screwing the front casters all the way in and pitching the bubble with the rear leg casters? Just wondering the best setup.... thx

I set mine all the way up at front and adjust back levellers to obtain correct pitch , helps if you are tall.
(Lock them in properly to prevent wobble)
You can set them to accommodate your height for best viewing.
Main thing to remember is to set pitch between 6.8 and 7 degrees is reported to be best

#15173 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

What are you using to set pitch ?

Its a pretty cool ol school aluminium jig that you sit a level on top. I believe that it is set to 6.8.
I will take a picture of it tomorrow and put the phone level app beside it and see how they compare. The bubble apps that I have tried before are a little hit and miss.

1 week later
#15472 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I waited all this time to bulletproof. Think this post is too slim for the hole made for it.
[quoted image]

Yes, I recommend following the "PoPs" (pioneers of protection) procedure , Doug and Mark, Thanks guys for worthy solution to the 3 oversized holes.
Install some kickass tnuts and longer posts with lock nut, Cliffy carbon and PETG to minimise post movement at these high impact zones.
I maintained factory washers against Fooflighters (thanks Damo for your incredible dedication and providing such awesome detailed advice.)
to be able to pull up on the PETG tight, this allows the outer edges of the PETGs to not dig into the clear.
In saying this I am fortunate to have playfield with rock hard clear.
I found the BW posts would not fit at these 3 locations without being drilled or forced, so I passed on that.

Its such a great feeling to finally be able to enjoy playing this incredible game.

20210925_110546 (resized).jpg20210925_110546 (resized).jpg20210927_150950 (resized).jpg20210927_150950 (resized).jpg20210925_111131 (resized).jpg20210925_111131 (resized).jpg20210927_152305 (resized).jpg20210927_152305 (resized).jpg20210925_110524 (resized).jpg20210925_110524 (resized).jpg20210925_111457 (resized).jpg20210925_111457 (resized).jpg20210927_151916 (resized).jpg20210927_151916 (resized).jpg20210927_151952 (resized).jpg20210927_151952 (resized).jpg

#15474 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Does the flat side of the washer go down or up when installing?

Flat side should be down on top of the PETG
In saying that, looking at my pix, I may have 1 or 2 arse about. That might be a good thing ? Thinking about it if the " high side " centre of curved washer is forcing down centre of PETG, this allows outer edges of PETG lift ever so slightly and not to dig into clear.

#15617 2 years ago

Since itā€™s gonna be a while til I get the replacement parts suggested for this post to be shipped over to my side, how bad would it be if I played without it there altogether in the meantime? Itā€™s come off twice alreadyā€¦
Could damage to the left bottom post of ā€œbackstageā€ take the hits and suffer even with the washer and carbon rings in place?
[quoted image]

I would suggest to protect the backstage plastic with a PETG washer

fg (resized).jpgfg (resized).jpg
#15618 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A couple maybe bugs for pinball_keefer, running the current software:
1. High score default table
If you change the high score from 10 characters to 3, the default high scores of staff are essentially wrong because rather than having 2 name tables for default high scores, there's apparently only the one 10 character one. So in 10 character mode, "ERIC" is one of the defaults. Once that's changed to 3 character, it becomes "ERI". Seems like there should be two internal default name tables, one that's names >3 characters and the 3 letter initials version for the shorter setting.
2. Ball search when trying to start a new game.
Finished a game. Had a ball loaded on the left side of the guitar. Ball search could not find it. It would drop the RIGHT side, but never the left. The barrier works fine in all other circumstances, just not in ball search. Seems to be an oversight.

Start a JJP GnR Bugs/Wishlist thread please Vic ?
Great to see pinball_keefer is engaged and dedicated.

#15639 2 years ago

Thanks mate,
Yeah I was aware of that one and it sure is a great idea. Again huge thanks to Keefer for pro active code development, Very cool.
I asked Vic for a code , bug , wish list thread as he did such an amazing job with the Iron Maiden thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features
I think that the beta code thread is best remained focused on just that.
A new thread that is well structured encapsulating bugs, features and wish list would be great. There are many pinsiders with great ideas such as PinMonk and Eskaybee with some great improvement ideas.

#15665 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

For the spotlights issue:-
Confirm these work perfect for me:
Corona DS-238MG Digital Metal Gear Servo 4.6kg / 0.14sec / 22g[quoted image]

Good to know there is another option
Cheers

#15866 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have a klipsch 12" , just waiting for games arrival

Great choice

20211006_191456 (resized).jpg20211006_191456 (resized).jpg
#15867 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

So I think Iā€™ve narrowed down my issue to the guitar lock sensors. Can someone direct me to a post explaining how to remove the upper playfield so I can reset the connector??

Check the topic index for key posts at the top
It really isnt too difficult, remove left guitar wirerform ramp, remove left catwalk ramp, and then 4 screws on top of mini PF will release it.
Take extra care with wiring and be careful not to pinch wiring anywhere on reinstall.
While you have it out would be a great idea to beef up the lock post that gets hammered

20210912_131833 (resized).jpg20210912_131833 (resized).jpg20210912_135651 (resized).jpg20210912_135651 (resized).jpg20210912_142432 (resized).jpg20210912_142432 (resized).jpg

20210912_131839 (resized).jpg20210912_131839 (resized).jpg

#15870 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Iā€™m guessing the sensor board for the guitar lock has connectors? Iā€™m thinking I have a loose connection. Iā€™ve checked every other connector under the playfield and in the head. The issue is 100% with the sensors.

Sorry I didn't catch lock sensor pcb in this shot, only one I have of underneath mini PF.
So there is a little comms cable (blue) between sensor pcb and main mini pcb.
You could try reseat blue comms cable that is under main playfield connecting mini playfield.
If still no good you will need to remove mini pf.

20210912_115731 (resized).jpg20210912_115731 (resized).jpg

#15898 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

The manual mentions that this game has a mechanism that will hold the balls in the trough even when the playfield is lifted (to position 4). My question is, how much do you guys trust this mechanism? Do you guys remove the balls prior to fully lifting your playfield? Or does everybody fully trust that mechanism and that no balls will come falling out smashing into something breakable?

The drop flap works,
But if it doesn't, the ball will smash into mini LCD. I always wedge a piece of HD foam into eject hole before lifting.

#15934 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If I remember right on WoZ you could manually enter the game plaque number on the settings menu, but I don't see a similar option for GnR.

Its there on GnR, I can't recall where sorry

#16045 2 years ago

Updated to 1.24 and updated Scorbit app on Android.
Both worked perfect and was effortless.
Love the new intro !!!!
I'm impressed the connectivity process of JJP GnR has been so smooth.
Thanks to entire team at JJP and Scorbit for making this amazing game and online excellence possible.
Now if I could just crack some decent scores

20211013_181408 (resized).jpg20211013_181408 (resized).jpg

#16092 2 years ago

Maybe a flipper code to run it after the fact?

First thing I thought as well
Perhaps not so crazy long like the bonus video one .
Man I love easter eggs. Keep the awesome content coming please JJP.

#16110 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ted; know if slash solo is going to be reworked or polished? Might I suggest making it stackable with everything else in the game (except song start). Patches, boosters, etcā€¦all stackable while slash solo runs. Final slash solo score could also be a good way to incorporate an album level boost.

Without wanting to be negative, Slash solo is the most underwhelming mode for me so far.

I find all other modes to be amazing

So many cool modes

Now if I could just play better

20211010_111304 (resized).jpg20211010_111304 (resized).jpg20211010_111313 (resized).jpg20211010_111313 (resized).jpg
#16141 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If my game has been sitting powered on for a couple of hours the sensor light/switches on the ball launch skill shot start playing up. I have to go in and manually calibrate them in the menu - bit of a PIA. Anyone else?

Yep, same here
Gunners sensors don't like the heat.
Also my game play gets sluggish after about 40 minutes, mainly flippers lose what little snappiness they have. Fade
Also a new ball will auto launch when it should wait for me to get a beer. Never happens in first 30 minutes, perhaps the game is trying to tell me something, lol.That sucks.
Anyway when my game is cool its very happy. When it gets hot it gets the shits
Spring here now and my ambient room temperature is only about 20 degrees c or 68f
I hope as PinMonk has mentioned that code can correct some of the heat craziness.
So yeah my game is awesome but getting hot appears to be a problem. Luckily I only play for up to an hour at a time. First 30min great, second 30min not so great.
Pinmonk fans are on the way and I guess this will help.
Edit, I forgot to add, my left catwalk diverter coil fires more at random after the game heats up. Guessing its all sensor related ?

#16143 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The up posts on the guitar neck reset on start up to release any trapped balls that may be there. That would be the coil firing off that you hear.

Yeah I get the same.
I don't understand why a clear or release trapped balls would be necessary if a full set of balls is detected in the trough ?

#16246 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Haha, gold !
I have a feeling that SKB gonna slay us all

#16501 2 years ago

My first attempt at BT connection today and found Bluetooth of JBL headphones effortless

Super impressed \m/

20211021_183653 (resized).jpg20211021_183653 (resized).jpg
#16502 2 years ago

Anyone have a solution for left ramp diverter firing erratically ?

#16504 2 years ago

How is the sound quality? I found it to be very poor like FM Radio

Thanks for asking Chaka
Surprisingly very good
Im a bit of an audio nut and found the quality to be acceptable. I would not say high end, but certainly very good . If I could rate out of 10 I'd give it a solid 7
The JBLs are only low spec. I will try with my flagship Sony's tomorrow and provide feedback.

#16506 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

I think you will find that is intentional. It helps reduce the heat on the diverter coil.

Oh man, thanks for the answer, but wow that's not what I wanted to hear. Constant banging is driving me nuts. Really puts me off my game

#16547 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What about the bluetooth delay? I found it to be around 1/2 a second. For pinball that is simply unacceptable. Let me know if you are able to reconnect just as easily as you paired. That's also been an issue. I've found bluetooth to be very bad, but maybe they improved it.

I just connected the Sony X3 and again was super easy. Yes there is delay. I played a couple of songs in Jukebox then a full game. Audio quality was decent and acceptable. Certainly nothing amazing but decent nonetheless.

20211022_124838 (resized).jpg20211022_124838 (resized).jpg
#16548 2 years ago

Tibetan breeze and airball shield ready to install this weekend, thanks Vic.

20211022_122556 (resized).jpg20211022_122556 (resized).jpg
#16551 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anybody else go from 6 balls to 0 balls after a 6-ball powerchord jackpot?

Oh no,
6 like wow, awesome !
Im lucky to get 3
I can see my game getting better.
This is the most relaxing multiball game I have ever played. Sterns are just crazy, full on, but GnR just feels so good. I think once I get my heat problems sorted out I'll be in with a chance of decent scores.
My vision is ordinary at best and GnR is the only pinball that I can play comfortably in the dark. This is not possible on my Sterns , just too hard to see the ball.
GnR is such a great game, I continue to maintain its killing my Sterns

20211006_195511 (resized).jpg20211006_195511 (resized).jpg

#16619 2 years ago

Tibetan breeze installed, very cool
Thanks Pinmonk

20211023_115735 (resized).jpg20211023_115735 (resized).jpg20211023_123926 (resized).jpg20211023_123926 (resized).jpg20211023_123956 (resized).jpg20211023_123956 (resized).jpg20211023_124003 (resized).jpg20211023_124003 (resized).jpg20211023_124012 (resized).jpg20211023_124012 (resized).jpg
#16634 2 years ago

Awesome score daveyvandy
I seen your challenge on Scorbit the other day, but I was unable to get it to accept
I am running Scorbit on Android and it has been a little hit and miss. Its like it loses communication with the pin mid game

#16755 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

A question regarding the cliffys scoop, I installed mine but it didn't "clip" under the playfield properly no matter what I did. It was too tight and wouldn't go under properly. Has anyone else experienced this. Now as I play the game it seems that the balls hitting it are flattening out the bend/ folds in the metal (straightening it) causing the bottom of the cliff to protrude further into the hole. Hope this makes sense and can get some help.

Its a very very tight fit, and meant to be that way. My one was a challenge to install, but you have to be patientwithit. Most important for the lower clip to male home. Don't forget to remove the old jjp scoop bit.

20210927_151952 (resized).jpg20210927_151952 (resized).jpg
#16886 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It would be great if you could send messages to people you are following and to people who follow you .

A thumbs up option would be cool as well, for players to acknowledge a good or bad score , haha

#16910 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I could go one of those .

Following you guys and will be ready to rumble for a Vegemite sanga when I get home from work next week
Game is so good and some friendly rivalry will make it even better.
Im Ando RPA if anyone wants to add.

#16921 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Well once we take off 40% for a 5 ball game , looks like we could battle it out for E division championship

Hey hey hey
Its 3 balls only

Haha

#16952 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Congrats!! You're gonna love it. Out ta get me, with 6 balls locked is just incredible

Out ta get me and Rocket queen are incredible ! The light show and pumping audio is insane ! Chills down the spine mental. The coders that are doing the light show should get a bonus. Of course none of it would be possible without Erics amazing design accommodating all those lights so well.
JJP GnR is not a game
Its an Experience !

#17041 2 years ago

Honeymoon phase will last forever on this one.
Truly is incredible !

#17169 2 years ago

Oh man another ordinary effort tonight. Crappy 5 mil.
Was trying to pip the Chaka and Rolls.

Oh well maybe next time.

Im still figuring out the magic of patches. was a pleasant surprise to be gifted 5 patches on mystery. Super valuable they are.

So is there an easy way to see what patches achieved ? When holding flipper and scrolling patch screen will only show for a moment.

Kinda be nice if flipper hold pause/achievement menu would not auto progress so an ol fart like me can read wtf is going on before it jumps to next page, lol.

Mad duff call out after an extra nudge tonight...
At least buy the machine a drink before you bang it,
Haha

JJP GnR is pure gold

#17170 2 years ago

Yeah, Hurry up an get your game Scream

#17172 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The shaker in this pin is violent. I've tightened lock bar, put in vibration tape and turned shaker down and it still rattles like crazy. Are the arms adjustable on these like stern or pinball life shakers?

Interesting, Mine is perfect during game play.
Only time it goes mental is during that crazy robot mode, forgot name 1/2 cut right now.
But man its perfect as soon as mode starts whole machine shakes like its gonna take off !
Its effin awesome !

Outside that shaker is really tame and perfectly integrated.
I have not adjust shaker or settings. was spot on out of the box.
Awesome work JJP coders !!!

#17259 2 years ago

I feel you pain bro
Was really jamming on out ta get me, then this

20211107_082414 (resized).jpg20211107_082414 (resized).jpg20211107_082707 (resized).jpg20211107_082707 (resized).jpg20211107_083056 (resized).jpg20211107_083056 (resized).jpg

#17298 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Ahhh interesting. My games factory posts were definitely thinner, May build i think.

Yup, thicker and longer the new posts be.
Excess play (wiggle room ) eliminated.
Now if clear not excessive or too soft.
Problem solved.

#17533 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Any idea why my auto launch fires every time thereā€™s a ball in the shooter lane?
As soon as a ball gets queued up the auto-launch just fires it into play. Happens some games for every ball and other games are normal?? Definitely intermittent.

Engage sw history in menu, palm hit playfield.
If no switch is triggered there is a good chance that the skill shot sensor board is triggering unwanted automatic launch.
You will see it happening before your eyes in sw history. Usually sensor 4.
If so try removing sensor pcb and carefully blow out inserts. Then carefully remove and re -seat all cables on sensor pcb.

20211023_152132 (resized).jpg20211023_152132 (resized).jpg
#17534 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The rock meter on the right side of the display has to be Maxā€™d (i.e. flaming on fire and skull rocking) when your song ends or/and if you collect the Applause jackpot.

Man I can't wait for the day when I can stack a few encores !
This game is so effing awesome. I have had no desire to turn on my Sterns since owning JJPā€™s GnR. Godzilla arrives in a few months perhaps it will give GnR some rest

#17674 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

haha! I had my GNR LE just sitting in Attract mode while I was working on something else, when I heard a random attract mode callout come from the machine, Axl saying "It's Richard Fortus's birthday today!" ... So I look it up on Wikipedia and sure enough, Nov 17th is indeed his birthday! The attention to detail on this game is amazing. Seriously, callouts based on the current date? Is that common in pinball? I've never seen it before!

I think that would have been Duff, how cool is that, I love little Easter eggs, Nice one Eric.

#17758 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, right. I think I've had that happen, too. And rotating through the positions doesn't have the missing letter on a different position. It's just gone. Hard to track while playing, though.

Yep, awesome inlane action ! 3 x 3, really keeps you on the hop.
Some brilliant next level shit right there.

I remember the old days when we used to shift a single inline spot with the flippers.

But man, again, this game is on a whole new level !

Brilliant !

#17777 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

Just got this sweet game. Iā€™ve looked thru this thread a lot but have a couple of questions if someone could answer Iā€™d be very appreciative.
1) my glass rattles even with the shaker motor set to low. Any suggestions?
2) occasionally at the start of a new ball when I hit the left flipper it also triggers the left ramp diverter to lower also - this is before the ball is even plunged.
3) my left spotlight seems to move a little ā€œjitteryā€ at times.
4) sometimes I heard a load buzzing noise like a coil being activating but Iā€™m not pressing a flipper button and I donā€™t think itā€™s the axl magnet either.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions on any of this. Super stoked to get into this game!

Congrats on picking up such a great game.
1) anti rattle tape ?
2) appears to be code related. Mine started doing the same after installing 1.25
3) slipping gear ?
4) Lock release? its loud.

#17925 2 years ago

The power of patches and combining sets is so cool and unique. I can't think of any other pin that has that kind of innovative strategy.
I'll be back from work next week and can't wait to flip GnR again. My scores still suck and I need motivation to play better. Hit me up on Scorbit, RA77.
Happy Thanksgiving you guys in the States, enjoy your long weekend and get some fun flipping on.

#17951 2 years ago

Any tips on how to make upper right flipper more snappy ?
I can only make inner left loop all the way about 50% of the time from that upper right flipper. Ball seems to get all the way to loop exit gate but ends up returning the way it came.

Pinmonks ball stuck photos reminded me of this. I really struggle to hit the Coma target when needed, again the upper right flipper will not cooperate.

#17958 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That coil gets really hot pretty quickly, so it may be fade if it's not behaving that way from the start (if it is at the start on a cold game, you may have a mechanical/binding issue robbing power).
But if you fire a ball around the left orbit and just hold the right flipper up, the ball will usually go right to the coma target automagically when it finishes the orbit and hits the right upper flipper.

Thanks Vic,
I have your Tibetan breeze and they are great !
I think that it may be a mechanical issue as you say. I was curious if anyone had to repair or adjust that upper right flipper somehow to make it more snappy/responsive.
Man, I need some automagic my scores still suck.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17960 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's the build date on your GnR? On early builds that upper right coil was a FL-15411, which was weaker than the FL-11629 they eventually went with. The manual still shows FL-15411, but my machine and others have FL-11629 now. They didn't change them to be the same until a little bit into building them last year, probably until around Nov 2020 since the Nov 2020 manual still has the lesser coil listed.
Aside from that, maybe check the resistance of the coil to see if there's some issue with the coil itself? Also, check the EOS switch to make sure it's triggering as the flipper finishes its sweep and not too soon. You can do this by putting the game in switch test mode and manually moving the flipper bat up, noting when the EOS triggers. If it's triggering too soon before the flipper peaks, it will rob power, so you can adjust the EOS gap so it triggers right as the flipper peaks.
And of course if when you're manually moving the flipper it feels like it's binding, check the coil sleeve and make sure the coil isn't swollen inside where the sleeve goes.

Brilliant advice as always, cheers Vic
The different specced coils is something that I didn't consider.
My game is a February 2021 build I think.
So fortunately I have 11629.
Flipper moves, freely and mechanically feels fine, eos appears ok.
I will do a resistance check when I get back home next week.
Thanks again

Edit, just a thought, is upper right flipper power adjustment available ?
I haven't found or adjusted any coil power settings as yet.
Screenshot_20211127-183738_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211127-183738_Gallery (resized).jpg

#18000 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Just to reiterate: Two types of Challenges (actually there is another, but we'll talk about that more next month).
Challenges (tagging players to beat your score) are casual, fun small taunts and responses. They are being re-worked a bit to give more transparency and visuals, so they make more sense in the context of how you all are playing them. These are started after you complete a game.
Challenge Matches are entirely different, which I'll explain. They are not available yet.
It's always a bit premature to pre-announce a feature as we're likely to change bits of it before release, but the general idea is that a Challenge Match is "premeditated." In other words, you create a new Challenge Match, select your game title or if it's specific to a single machine at a venue, choose your challengers, then your challengers get a period of time to accept. Once they do, everyone, including yourself, get one shot, one game, the next one you play.
While the app and visuals support live game play, so you can see the other players and their progress, it is not a requirement to play live. If it takes one player a few days to get a chance to play your turn, so be it, though there is an expiration variable. Since we can support live multi-game play, you can do events that way (or we can identify that as a type of challenge), but that's going to be ultimately up to the players.
It's like an unmoderated tournament between other players on Scorbit, though the scores are verified.

Thanks for the update Jay,
Appreciate you progressing with the build.
I have accepted a few challenges so far and managed to win a couple however there is no detail to be found in the app ? Android
Still finding the UI not very friendly. The app is also struggling to keep up with the game on most occasions.

Screenshot_20211128-105719_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211128-105719_Scorbit (resized).jpg
#18090 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm getting a hardware error: LED/PFC (ACC) Board Communication Failure. Anyone know where this board is located? Can't find any info in the manual.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/318#post-6540667

#18106 2 years ago

So I have no friends ā€¦ at least none that have a GNR on Scorbit . Iā€™d love to see what challenges are all about. So if anyone is looking for a quality Scorbit friend feel free to challenge HornerSyndrome Iā€™ve only had the game 2 weeks and can only play occasionally as I have two young boys - 1 and 3. Love it so far! Game on!

I'll be back home tomorrow

prepare to be annihilated Mr Horner
haha ....

RA77 is my handle,

Cmon guys, the more challenges the better.
Once Jay gets the app firing on all cylinders should be awesome fun.

Screenshot_20211201-073858_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211201-073858_Scorbit (resized).jpg

#18141 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Kind of. The CE lighting is mostly (entirely?) just additional lights on the back of the backbox and under the cabinet synced to the hotrails. Someone has detailed how to add that so you end up close to the CE effect.
If you click on "Topic Index" at the top of any page in this thread, then click on "Keypost summary" to sort by entry name, look for the MOD:Cabinet section on that keypost listing. There's a link there in the MOD section to the post about how to set up DIY cabinet lighting to mimic the CE.

Hey Vic,
Just to clarify, CE cab lighting is stand alone.
I believe that some modders have used the hotrail data to drive external cab lights.

The lighting coders at JJP have done the most incredible work. Super creative and the greatest wow factor lighting in pinball of all time.

#18150 2 years ago

Knock on the the noggin.
Haha
Love it.
Thanks Scorbit and team for the fun and creative achievement naming conventions, so cool.

I really want to play coma all the way through, keep choking

Just got home and had a quick 2 game session got 2 of my favorites songs, out ta get me and live n let die.
Man this game is the best !

Screenshot_20211202-081342_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211202-081342_Scorbit (resized).jpg

#18157 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ok so two things happening on my first game tonight... First I noticed the ball got hung up on the lower pop bumper, noticed the ball saver lying on the play field.... The collar of the ball saver cracked and it fell off. No big deal, I've got more. I think I did it by not being delicate on jamming it on with a small screwdriver and split it but didn't realize it.. I put another on and was very careful this time.
So slid the glass back on and fired up the game ready to rock.... Ball got stuck in the inside of the top LEFT pop bumper Right near that post. I was like what the...
Upon a closer inspection I can see my Mylar is moving and making waves. Assuming this is from post vibration. Not affecting the playfield.... Yet..
So to fix this I guess I need to take off that post, Maybe warm Mylar up with a hair dryer a little bit? And then smooth a mylar back out, and put a bigger PETG washer on there, remove the metal washer and hope it will hold it in place? I do have the BW posts also in my kit so depending on what I see once I get that off maybe that should be installed instead?[quoted image]

Oh no, that is not nice.
The post has been moving
Apologies to Zaphx , for going on about post fixes, im only trying to help fellow pinheads.

Guys, please check out Fooflighters post fix sticky at the top of this thread.

It is highly recommended to lock the 3 problem posts in with a longer tnut and install a PETG washer, tighten fully, but Do Not overtighen.

Vespula it is highly unlikely that you will get that mylar to adhere properly. Worth a try I guess. I think that it will need to be completely removed and a new sheet applied. Otherwise will need to be carefully trimmed away.

Edit,
Yes, that larger steel washer should be removed and I recommend the clear PETG's

20210925_110546 (resized).jpg20210925_110546 (resized).jpg20211007_153427 (resized).jpg20211007_153427 (resized).jpg
#18161 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

On the contrary I'm sorry for bitching about it. This ain't my forum and clearly people love the washer talk.

I can't say that I love the washer talk, it really sucks that we have to go through this crap.
It is what it is, and hopefully some simple preventative measures can save some grief.

#18170 2 years ago

Holy Crap! Apparently I work well under pressure! Thanks for the challenges all. After 3-4 poor games getting warmed up and trying to figure out changes patches on the fly (thanks to all the info here about strategy) I blew up my GC of 23 mil prior with getting 2 band frenzies and just trying to pepper the pops during Sweet Child. I only went in with 61 song value but hit the applause jackpot for a cool 70 mil! The rest of my balls sucked as my total was 72 mil but what a rush!

Awesome man,
Killed it
Well done

I'll be chasing

#18172 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sorry to be a downer guys...
I'll work on this over the weekend.
I've had my 2 weeks of fun playingb and modding it.. now it's time to get on it.. it, being the not as fun "bulletproofing" stuff.

Ves, don't be sorry.
You have been super cool throughout your whole journey while being a cool contributor to the thread.
Take a moment to assess what's going on and consider reaching out to your distributor for support prior to taking any action.
Good luck man.
We're here for you.

#18189 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Although I agree the longer t-nuts could be helpful in preventing lateral post movement, installing them is not easy. The ones I used had four large prongs and there was no way I could hammer them into the pf without doing collateral damage. I ended up pre-drilling small holes, and even then it was nerve-racking getting them flush with the underside of the pf. I decided to only do those two posts above the pops.

Tnut installation tools pictured below
Pita having to do it.
It's only 3 post holes that have incorrect bore.
The fix is well worth it as now posts are locked in permanently.

This is my last "post" about the problem and solution
Pun intended, lol
Anyone catch me posting about this shit again, flag me and kick my ass.

20210909_162359 (resized).jpg20210909_162359 (resized).jpg20210909_165144 (resized).jpg20210909_165144 (resized).jpg20210925_111115 (resized).jpg20210925_111115 (resized).jpg20210925_111127 (resized).jpg20210925_111127 (resized).jpg20210927_152305 (resized).jpg20210927_152305 (resized).jpg

#18230 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

You actually don't need to use the QR code. Just tap the player number. Did the tool tip not function showing you when you first used the app?

Sorry Jay,
I don't get it
Just tap the player number.
From what screen ?

Screenshot_20211205-181016_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211205-181016_Scorbit (resized).jpg
#18351 2 years ago

Thanks for the Scorbit challenges sent my way,
Very cool.
Unfortunately I am away for work again.
So, no snub or disrespect champions.

Jay and Scorbit team, I realise you have a lot going on to fine tune the app, another consideration for down the track would be an away mode.

In saying this I hope our buddy Chaka is well and will come back soon.
Ando

#18369 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Have any of you guys ever hooked your GNR up to a smart plug just to monitor power usage? I did today for the first time. So when sitting idle, the game consumes about 90-100watts. During a game, it uses about 175-200 watts. But the most jarring is whenever the Axl magnet engages, it shoots up to 500+ watts. It's only a brief spike, but wow. Is that normal for pinball magnets?

Mmm, easy way to check the magnet is working
I don't seem to see any magnet action after the last code update
I miss it.

#18430 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You can adjust the time on applause jackpot in the settings to limit your frustration until you get better.

Better

Can't wait to get home and play my Gunners.
3 weeks off for Christmas, Im gonna get charged and play hard.

#18543 2 years ago

#18549 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So does the left flipper work intermittently from all sources (flipper button OR coil test) or just doesn't work reliably with the flipper button?

Damn, you caught my rant
Frustratious maximus at the moment.
Just flipper button, thanks Vic
Against good advice I bypassed the dodgy thermal, far out, never ending story.
I am looking forward to get this this amazing game to play as the designer intended

#18550 2 years ago

Well a little Novus 1 and a scratch gave me a grin. So
Thermal bypassed
Spacer inserted in skill sensor pcb and left leaf switch adjust.
Lets go

Gotta luv, I scored the spc spag record decal too
You beauty.

#18551 2 years ago

Can confirm intermittent left flipper was slack leaf switch. Wow so much better when flippers are sharp. Im really split between best flipper activation technique ?
On one hand the leaf sw is simple and mostly reliable, until constant flex causes mis adjustment. Mine went out after very few games.
Opto activation should never go out of adjustment, however adds an extra 2 dollars to BoM ?
Dunno, just hoping that all manufacturers give priority to sharp and snappy flippers, because without this any game will really suck.

#18574 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Hmmmm seems like it tied directly to the flippers. It takes a flipper to be flipped starts at 10 points quickly builds to 100 then 200 per flip either flipper and then other pop bumpers as well points just go nuts and the jackpot builds quick.
Any ideas?
Thanks
John

Hi John,
Please follow frobozz advice, post # 18558
Go into menu and find "switch history "
This is the best tool to assist with erratic switch behaviour
When you are in there make sure the door interlock switch "large white, push/pull switch, one on top" is pulled towards right , this will allow power to flippers
Then press flippers to see what switches become active.
20211218_131059 (resized).jpg20211218_131059 (resized).jpg20211218_131610 (resized).jpg20211218_131610 (resized).jpg

#18575 2 years ago

Anyone have a clear copy of schematic diagram on page 194 of the manual please ?
My sensor 4 "GOOD" for skill shot in shooter lane goes crazy after around 30 minutes of play.
Our distributor here has been awesome and kindly sent me a new shooter sensor PCB, however the problem remains.
I can go to switch history when game is warmed up and see sw100 Shooter lane 4 going crazy by itself.
This frustrates the hell out of me because it causes the ball to auto launch.
I need to isolate sw100 only
Row 4 column 13
If I could have an easy way to disconnect IR4 on the board pictured would be a huge help.
A schematic that is legible would also be of great assistance.

20211218_130359 (resized).jpg20211218_130359 (resized).jpg
#18577 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Perfect have to do this next week leaving for a little trip.
Thanks so much!!

No worries, safe travels

#18578 2 years ago

Video of skill 4 going bananas.
Its like too sensitive, over amplified.
I'm unsure if each reflective opto has individual gain ?
Replacement PCB behaves identical.

It really spoils the game when ball auto launches because of this 1 crazy switch.

#18582 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Mine autolaunches like this sometimes too. Mine is fairly intermittent but needs to be addressed for sure. Iā€™ll be following in your footsteps soon. Please post all you find out - Iā€™ll do the same.

I will do,
and thanks
When you get a chance can you go to sw history and find out which sw is triggering your auto launch ?

I believe that the problem is somewhat common. There was a post on fb about it.
Interesting to note, always skill 4 !
There has to be a solution, It may lay in code ?
I have reason to believe that sensor gain/calibration could be a factor.
Hoping that Keefer is onto it.
I got a feeling that hes getting pressured to bang out toy story code.
GnR code is so awesome however there are some bugs that need to be squashed.

#18597 2 years ago

Skill 4 update.

As there was little point removing a row WHT/ORN or a column GRY/BRN, I had to figure out direct switch isolation.

Doesn't help my eyes are 54 years old now.
I connected my laptop to a bigger screen so I could see blown up schematic.

Found R53 22 ohm SMD VDD feed for reflective opto IR4 control (appears each IR is amplified and controlled individually)
I have removed R53 SMD to disable skill 4 effectively.

I guess I will need to live without this switch until a solution is figured out.
Again I think reflective opto gain can be controlled with code.
Looking forward to next code drop.

Why my game is super sensitive I don't know.
I did also try some spacers between PCB and playfield to try and reduce sensitivity, did not help.

Even though I have had some little electrical hiccups along the way it has been good in a way to help me understand JJP's a little better.

To me JJP GnR is always gonna be the GOAT
20211218_130359 (resized).jpg20211218_130359 (resized).jpgReflective opto's IR 1-6 2 (resized).jpgReflective opto's IR 1-6 2 (resized).jpg

#18605 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You were probably sick of experimenting, but it would be interesting to know if a piece of varying amounts of opaque plastic over the hyperactive one reduced the sensitivity if you found the right opacity.

Nice idea Vic
Worth a try.
I should have thought to close sensor 4 with electrical tape
That may eliminate if there is some sort of freak reflection on that particular insert.
Again, interesting that others have sensor 4 trigger problems as well.

#18650 2 years ago

Applause is awesome
I love chasing a good power chord
F*ck this game is the best !

"Go out and live your dream"

#18670 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Okay, I have a new favorite shot. I love getting the six ball power chord, and I love love love getting the applause jackpotā€¦ but when you slip one past the keeper (Slashā€™s record) and it skirts the bumpers but doesnā€™t knock, and you get an extra ball the clean way, dayum that feels slick!
I used to always rely on the Axl magnet and shoot the loop, but since JJP snuck in and removed my magnet in the dead of night, Iā€™ve just been collecting extra balls during multiballs by luck and letting it be. Tonight I decided to shoot for one. And that is one badarse feeling shot to hit!

It is a great shot, and I'm sure it was intentional.
Eric has gone above and beyond to make GnR a very rewarding shooter.

There are a number of super cool shots. Another one i like is the single shot from lower playfield into the guitar lock without needing to use the upper PF flipper, it's so cool how the ball will sometimes just glide in there, Awesome !

The game is capped off to perfection with some amazing code.
If GnR could just get a little love in the audio mixing, perhaps the addition of a basic equalizer ? would make for a perfect 10.

#18671 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

This - if a replacement board didn't fix it, then the next thing to check for is something blocking the insert - playfield manufacturing grunge being the most likely culprit. Even if you can't see it, it might be there - soak a Q-tip with Windex and run it all around up in that insert hole, then use the other side to wipe it off again. (semi-opaque filters and electrical tape are going to have exactly the opposite effect you want, by the way.)

Hi frobozz, Thanks so much for your excellent support in this thread. Your time and input is greatly appreciated.

Yes a good clean of all inserts with air brush was completed a while ago. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/351#post-6602377
I was quietly confident that would fix the problem as a lot of crap came out of the inserts, mostly wood waste from the hole cuts I guess.
With all due respect if I could make a suggestion if economically viable ? that playfields go through some kind of blower/vacuum system after cutting is completed.

I will re-install feed resistor and pay further attention to insert 4 with a cuetip and windex.
The electrical tape was an after thought to isolate sensor 4, certainly easier than mucking around with removing smd resistors.
The idea is if sensor is locked out with tape and problem no longer occurred that would infer that there could be something weird with the insert.

I had a look at the data sheet for APDS9130 and wow, what an amazing little device it is ! Very cool.

#18779 2 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Great Thankyou for taking the time to help me. It was Fuse F701, just wonder why ?

You are fortunate to not have a smoking coil.
If it pops again carefully check coils for one that may have heat stress.
Fuses can fatigue and fail for no apparent reason.
Always best practice to install correct rated replacement fuse.

#18843 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you tried to clean the lenses of the inserts (with non-ammonia cleaner) and the sensors on the board (with rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip)? There may just be a film of coil dust developing on one or both.
How much have you played the game in that month?

I would not recommend isopropal alcohol to clean any sensor, it will attack the plastic casing. The tiny sensors are delicate, if you want to clean them my recommendation would be careful spray with air brush.

#18845 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

so... super frustrated here.
Around a month ago i had an issue with the sensors on the upper playfield. I ended up changing out the board and that seemed to resolve the issue. I'm now having the same issues again.
On startup three sensors are failing calibration, i am able to manually calibrate them afterwards. During gameplay the sensors seem to work and register the balls arriving on the upper playfield, however when in a song it looses track of how many balls are up there, doesn't release all of the balls after a powerchord jackpot is scored or timed out and then automatically starts a new powerchord registering the balls already up there from previously. After the game all sensors have the (uncalibrated) ring around them in the test screen.
I feel it's highly unlikely that it's a board again, although it may be. Open to suggestions on what else to check/change. Its currently unplayable in this condition.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check the sensor connector cable on mini pf, also the blue Ethernet stlyle cable between upper pf and sensor i/o pcb under main playfield. Even if it looks good carefully swap it out with another cable.
Use sw history in diagnostics to help provide detail about the problem.

#18846 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

PinMonk I haven't as yet, I will do as I'm gonna have to pull everything apart anyway. I have a feeling the board may be disconnecting intermittently causing the issue. So maybe a connection or cable. Again only a gut feeling but frustrating as I've been through this before.

Take extra care with mini pf removal and installation. It is important to make sure wiring is dressed clean and not pinched anywhere during re installation.

#18905 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks. Can't hit the Double flippers fast enough then
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"05482d9b70e55417d4decdfb37fe34a76ad7acbd-1640913977-1800"};
//]]>

I love the mystery animation and appreciate the way that it is integrated into the game.
Its nicely done

#18923 2 years ago

pinball_keefer man your code is solid and I really enjoy its non linear scoring construction.
Its refreshing and a great change from "the norm"
Truly is very rewarding to go in with different strategies make a great score.

I think this has been asked before ? Please give a 1 or 2 second grace to get applause jackpot to register.
Totally devastated today to get ripped off on a 44 mill My Michelle jackpot, I made the scoop right as the timer hit zero.
Similar has happened on a few occasions now.
This game is still rockin hard.

#18960 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Backhanding that shot to "patch up" is one of my favorite shots.

Ah yes, thats cool,
I can convert that backhand about 60% of the time. Depending on my mood I usually post pass to the right flipper.

I really thought that I was going to hit the 100 million club this evening but fucked it up.

Great to be able to bypass unwanted album modes. Figured out how to get away from Slash solo. Just get the 6 ball lock up.

Such a satisfying game to shoot.
Even when that sensor 4 fucked up again.
Was pissed off having to bolt to the fridge to get a beer because the game would fucking auto launch

Kept me on my toes anyway and got some exercise in.
Ended up with 43 mill GC

That's it fo me now, have to go away for work again.

I will be back in a week to claim that 100 mill +GC and get to final wizard mode nsftd
Fuck I love this game

#18996 2 years ago

Anyone care to update easter eggs thread with GnR easter eggs ?
I understand that there is a few out there.
The only one I have is the tour video.

Keefer "The Godfather " my nickname for him is known for cool easter eggs. Perhaps there is a cow in there somewhere

Hopefully there is some more hidden gems in there.

Please share what you have here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cows-easter-eggs-anything-since-2006

Easter eggs in pinball rock \m/

1 week later
#19241 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thereā€™s a pattern at the beginning and like you said it seems to get randomized as you progress and I think it is. I do agree that the inserts to show the good vs bad shots needs improvement - i.e. needs to be quicker.

Interesting that you say quicker SKB,
For me in any red/blue insert mode, my inserts all flash red/blue fast, there is no way that you can pick red or blue.
If it was slowed down there may be a chance to shoot for red or blue.

#19242 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

For sure - many ways to play.
I only bring up the patches because you have no choice but to collect them even if youā€™re just banging around, whether youā€™re going for them specifically or not, so you may as well choose wisely - band members first for me.

I love the structure of the patches and greatly appreciate the thought and construction of the patches combinations.
Im looking forward to achieving them all and getting the mystical Pinball patch. I hope that there is a great reward for that one.

#19272 2 years ago

Hey I know this has been addressed before but my AXL magnet went out. In the key posts it says about bypassing it but Iā€™m not really sure what that means or how to do that. Seems like it could be a resister or a fuse issue? Hard time getting any extra balls which is a bummer as I just hit a great score for me 58 mil but had 2 uncollected extra balls I left on the table. Thanks in advance for the help.

The thermal switch can be bypassed easily, however this is not recommended.
Coil may overheat and cause damage
Best to get a replacement from your distributor.

#19273 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

What is the pinball patch? I think I got it the other day. Is it just a black patch with the Jersey Jack guns n' roses logo? If so yeah I got that somehow.

That may be center spinner
pick patch.

#19297 2 years ago

#19299 2 years ago

#19327 2 years ago

Scorbit failure here
Won't claim my slot
Wasted way to much time uninstalling and reinstalling apps , far out why does it have to be so difficult
My network is good, the app decided to shit itself for no reason

#19351 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sometimes the cash out is just a cash out, and sometimes it's a cash out with extra ball.

To help allay confusion regarding extra balls.
When you cash out, or achieve applause jackpot, this may best be considered as completing, winning the song.
Because the game kills the ball, technically not an extra ball as such, It may best be considered a continuation of the current ball.

Edit, Yes, sorry my bad, can get EB on cash out sometimes, I too would like to know how this occurs.

#19354 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Hey there. You can always reach out to support if a problem like this happens, or jump on our Discord. We agree this should never happen.
We're in the process of fixing a few bugs that relate to the challenge system which is effecting claiming of slots when you've been challenged. We're working now on resolving those as quickly as we can.

Thanks Jay,
Excuse my frustration.

I have a bunch of challenges that I wish to play.
Interesting to note that functioning Scorbit is a great draw card to keep me coming back to play, I really appreciate when the app works and shows challenges and high scores.

#19356 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can't you just do it and pm a photo?

Yeah, that would work, however it is really cool to see the leader board and your high scores at a glance. Looking forward to Jay and his team get the Scorbit app working solid.

I'm so intent on cracking the 100M score. Getting frustrated with some game problems and then Scorbit fail caused me to crack a wobbly
I probably need to give GnR a rest until I get the issues sorted out.

In the meantime I'll have to go and get back into some Stern action

#19529 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Nice trade, MM is great fun! Stop by this thread from time to time, we'll miss your spicy commentary.

Ditto !

#19530 2 years ago

Found this screw in the back of the cabinet. Any clue where it may have come from?

Holds under playfield I/O board, the one with all the blue ethernet cables

#19533 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Thanks a bunch! That was supposed to be my 100+mil video but I accidentally uploaded the wrong one. The 100+mil video may go up soon.

This is key! That upper playfield is so important strategy-wise. You need to be able to hit it regularly with the left flipper as much as the right flipper. I've actually hit the left orbit with left flipper and right orbit with right flipper also, which is extremely helpful. If you can pull that kind of stuff off, the game gets easier, especially in clutch situations.
I said it before, I like to go for Power Chord as soon as the song starts. Once I get band frenzy during the song, then I focus on the shot just to the left of the scoop through the center spinner and into the pop bumpers. Then, as I get down to just a few balls in play, I'll go for Power Chord again since it always adds a ball (unless you drain last ball in play to get Power Chord). Adding a ball via Power Chord is often how I'm able to keep playing through a song.
When not in song mode, I like to use the upper playfield to mix it up between getting patches and ball locks. Only after I have Gun, Fender, Vater and Duff will I consider locking the 6th ball to start a song. Which reminds me - I never, ever try and start a song with the scoop unless I've already got 6 balls locked. And that's only possible if you lock the 6th ball during a booster multi ball, then you'll have to hit the scoop to start it. Once I'm to that point, I don't usually risk going for more patches or potentially losing a ball - I'll go ahead and start the song. But ideally, I've gotten as many patches as I feel safe getting, then I'll lock the 6th ball to start the song.
If it's time to collect an extra ball, then I'll either try and do it with a booster multi ball or during a song. If those aren't options, and I'm on my last ball of the game, then I'll go exclusively for the extra ball and risk everything to do it.

Great strategy here.
It took me a while to figure it out and find out how to improve my scores.
I'm very happy that this strategy has finally clicked.
I read complaints about lots of work for low scores.
I believe the non linear scoring from Keefer is intentional and I love it.
JJP's GnR will keep you on your toes and if you want a great score strategy is necessary.
On the other side of the coin, any novice can walk up to the machine and start a song easily and be blown away by theme integration !

As sevenrites said
Don't start the song until you get those balls locked

#19534 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks mate. i think i'm going to get much more enjoyment out of the MM, more my style of game, and a proper Williams (sort of).

MM is awesome and it will be the perfect companion for your stunning AFMr
You're really going to enjoy MMr

#19547 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

As youā€™ll see, I have a bit of ugly pooling around the bolt at the top of the upper playfield (mine is a May 2021 build and this is the only playfield damage)
Iā€™m all set to replace it with a B/W bolt and do the repair work including a washer. However, for the life of me, I canā€™t remove this bolt. It just turns and turns.
Do I need to remove the upper playfield to get at a nut underneath? Any tricks to this that anyone can offer me?
[quoted image]

Just 4 screws mate.
Take care with wiring, don't stretch or pinch during removal and re installation.

Do yourself a favour and get an correct sized open end spanner to hold top of post prior to removal.

This will help prevent further tearing of the art.

1 month later
#20633 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

I've noticed lately I've had a bit harder time making scoop shots, I get a lot of balls that bounce out or off the hood. Do the snubbers stop this from happening? Could also be my poor/amateur playing of course!

Noticed same here, I don't think poor playing.

My scoop shot used to land 10/10.
Not so recently, maybe 7/10 now.

My snubbers are intact and complete, however I think that the rubber is hardening with age and making the shot execution more difficult with bounce outs.

1 week later
#20690 2 years ago

Where is setting for ball save time ?
It appears code on factory gives around 10 seconds for ball 1, then it appears to reduce on ball 2 and less again for ball 3.
Am I imagining this ?
I would like to increase ball save for a few seconds and have it consistent for all 3 balls.
Is this possible ?

1 week later
#20815 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Don't fix what isn't broken. I don't even consider any of this "bulletproofing" nonsense to be worthwhile.
Play your game and enjoy it. If things break or fail, address them then.

Have to chime in here.

Some improvements from JJP are required.
new playfields need to been updated with more accurate - tighter sized through holes especially at high impact area posts, including ball guide rail posts. Also art removal under posts, same similar as Stern process would help a lot.

Until playfield improvements are made there is a high probability of damage in certain high impact zones.

Enchantress I highly recommend proceeding with your bulletproofing plans and recommend cliffy carbon washers with PETG clears on top.

I suggest Cliffy carbon washers for posts as PETG washers applied directly to playfield may react with any surrounding mylar. If the PETG is next to mylar, the mylar can bubble and lift. Some crazy chemical/gas reaction ?
I have seen this first hand.

I will admit that it doesn't look the best but Cliffy/PETG combination is an effective way to mitigate damage on a playfield that has been incorrectly engineered and a playfield manufacturing process that is flawed.

#20816 2 years ago

#20819 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:Bah. Meant to edit and quoted myself.

Lol, happened to me as well

#20827 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think advising newbies to disassemble and reassemble their brand new game (voiding the warranty) is poor advice.
But we'll agree to disagree.
This stupid forum has terrorized people to the point they are afraid to play their games.

I'll do my best to reply to your comments in a polite and respectful manner.

At no time was I advising a newbie to disassemble and reassemble their brand new game, it seems the Pinsider that made post about "bulletproofing" is no newbie and taken the time to find out about the game .

Your mention of voiding warranty is along the lines of the ridiculous comment about playfield issues "terrorizing" people.

Pinside is not a stupid forum. There is a great group of people that are passionate about the hobby. Intelligent people that go out of their way to help others. The site is mostly informative and genuine.

In conclusion, let me know how you go with the new $500 + playfield that you have to purchase for your new game. I will be interested to know how well made this new playfield is and how long it takes to be swapped over, if and when you decide to go to the task of a new JJP GnR playfield swap.

#20828 2 years ago

#20829 2 years ago

#20831 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nut and bolt came off my left flipper tonight. When I put it back on, it wonā€™t go all the way up. Any thoughts? If I rotate it manually, it seems just fine. I replaced coil sleeve, the coil stop seems in tact and the replacements I have are the wrong size. Also, anyone know if I can just buy a full flipper assembly? Pinball life seems to only sell stern and b/w.
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Got a pic of mech from underside ?
I believe they are B/W assemblies ? Would be great to get confirmation.

#20833 2 years ago

2 weeks later
#21047 2 years ago
Quoted from Dobler:

So stoked. Got my machine signed by Duff this evening! He gave us a tour of his studio as well which was awesome. Sounds like he is having some issues with his Team Edition so Iā€™ve offered to take a look at it.

That's so awesome man !

The CE's have some interesting challenges.
Band member TE games no doubt would be a CE +

A big one is playfield disintegration around some posts unfortunately.

Check key posts for tech tips and problem post area map. Will be worth running your eye over these problem areas while you are looking into other issues.

I'm guessing sensors and or scoop ?
I'm sure JJP support will help, great to hear that support appears to be improving.

If you get a curly one, here to help, shout out with a DM if JJP support is unable to help.

Ando

PS
Please thank Duff for his awesome input into the game, so cool.

#21057 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thank him from the heart of your bottom?

Haha, fitting comment, yes

#21108 2 years ago

Some huge points are possible with multiple fuse triple jackpots. I managed about 4 or 5 triples on one ignite multi, award will increase, the last one awarded over 1.2 million.

Super satisfying !

3 weeks later
#21412 1 year ago

Yeah early builds are shit !

JJP still learning to fly

JJP still getting screwed by a playfield manufacturer that has his head up his ass !

#21414 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They really are hit-or-miss , mine is still perfect and the dimples if you can call them that , are so tiny , unlike my rrwoz or my mate's Sterns .

Dimples are not the problem mate.
Post pooling and art tearing is unacceptable.

Pisses me off that there is no accountability at JJP for a blatant engineering and production failure.

Some post holes are oversized and Mircos process is flawed.

Give it 6 months and carefully check around your posts.

#21439 1 year ago

Also installed pinmonks diverter and magnet coolersā€¦

Perhaps JJP has made enough money from GnR to put some R&D for an overhaul of it's archaic driver board.

With better coil control Toy Story may not need fans all over the place.

Sorry Pinmonk not trying to take work away from you. You are a champion for coming up with solutions to design shortfalls.

2 weeks later
#21575 1 year ago
Quoted from GoinPostal:

Anyone else having issues with the proximity sensors in the shooter lane and guitar neck?
Or
Anyone else having issues with 2nd ball in shooter lane?
@jjp #GnR Guns N' Roses
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Shooter lane false activation is still an ongoing problem for me. 2 replacement sensor pcbs installed so far. Initial problem was sensor 4 false trigger when game got hot. Now it is sensor 3 false trigger when game is cold.

The proximity sensors used in GnR are a cool little device however they appear to be extremely "delicate" (sorry I can't think of a better term ) with regards to calibration. They are supposed auto cal up to 100mm. I think that they may struggle with the wild reflections created from the starburst inserts ?

APDS-9130 Device info
https://www.broadcom.com/products/optical-sensors/proximity-sensors/apds-9130

I am of firm belief that modified code is required with regards to sensor pulse count. It appears that there is no adjustment for gain/sensitivity, limiting code options for improvement of device reliability for pinball machine ball sensor application.

I am guessing that this type of proximity sensor will be seen in Toy Story. Will be interesting to see if JJP continues to use the 9130 device ?
If so one can only hope that coders and engineers will be allowed the time to address this reliability issue.

With regard to guitar lock sensors, they appear to be much more reliable for some reason. Starburst inserts are used here as well yet I think the depth of insert hole is less ?

Anyway main problem I have encountered with guitar lock sensors is all 6 were intermittently dropping out entirely. This appeared to be caused by the blue ethernet style comms cable between the upper pcb and the I/O pcb underneath the main playfield required re-seating.

The 2 ball in shooter lane is likely a ball through problem, check re-seat ball trough connectors. And perhaps check the balls have not be become magnetized.

1 week later
#21697 1 year ago
Quoted from DKong:

Loving this game more and more after 8 months just so awesome! and no playfield issues at all!
I have noticed on the Duff/Fender return wire form I hardly ever ( only seen once ) get the ball to ride the 3rd (far right wire form) which feeds the GNR in lane.

Coolest wireform ever !

Maybe check your left right pitch ?
Adjusting game pitch front back may help as well.

I wish Karl would share how he sets up his games.
They play so well.
gr ptch (resized).jpggr ptch (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#21829 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

As I am playing alot and loving the game more and more, I thought about some songs I would rather have than Coma and Double Talkin Jive. So, I thought I would get ya'lls thoughts on this multi question regarding the selection of songs for the game. My answers are after the questions, and I hope to hear more about the deep cuts you all like. Thanks, everyone.
1) What is the most unfortunate
exclusion left out of the game, and why is it Yesterdays? lol
2) If you could get a 4 song DLC what would you want the songs to be? - I Think About You, Ain't It Fun, Yesterdays, and Move to the City
3) If the 4 song DLC could only include 1 additional song from each of the primary 4 albums, what would those 4 songs be? I Think About You, Bad Obsession, Don't Cry (Alternate Lyrics), Madagascar
4) If the 4 song DLC had to include ONLY songs from Lies and TSI, which 4 would you choose? Move to the City, You're Crazy, Since I Don't Have You, and Ain't It Fun....I almost want Attitude so Duff has more lead vocal time, but, eh...lol

While I would never say no to any extra or hidden ? tracks, JJP'S GnR is the full package as it stands.

Eric, Slash and the entire JJP GnR team have produced one of the most complete and comprehensive pinball machines ever produced. The set list is perfect and for me never gets old.

As for Coma and Jive, they are 2 of my favourites, absolute killer riffs in these 2 tracks.

Crank up your stereo, or get those headphones on, listen to Slash go off !

Coma riff still the ringtone on my phone for 3 years now, can't bring myself to change it.
Slash, Duff and Richard going hard here

Just fucking awesome !

My preference would be for a little code polish, as per requests in the code thread.

IMHO DLC is unnecessary for JJP's GnR, the game is the total package and deserved game of the year 2021.

#21848 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

A couple connectors. A couple screws. A screw or
Call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) back before Toy Story needs help.

Will be interesting to see how much help Lawlors Toy Story will need.
I expect the game to be loaded, however usual bom cost cutting will be employed I guess ?

Can't wait to see JJP's next release any day now.

It seems customer service is improving however still finding it difficult to get acknowledgement with support requests here.

1 week later
#21965 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Anyone get a replacement ce playfield yet or notice how much longer must we wait?

I'm guessing your CE playfield is Fucked as well ?

Fucking Mirco Shit !

#21967 1 year ago

You can put that into the beauty salon... Blow dry, nail polish and some washers..

Yeah, I have mate

Frustrating having to do this on a 20k + machine

#21973 1 year ago

I agree, it is shitty. Sometimes some games need more pampering than others.
We have had a few issues with ours as well. I still love the game!

Agree mate, the game is awesome and I love it !

I have sacrificed at least 20 hours of my life to fix short comings failures of a product that is priced at a premium.
Disappointing to say the least.

1 week later
#22073 1 year ago
Quoted from Rivsta:

Hi all, Iā€™m still a bit of a newbie, I thought Iā€™d share a few of my cheap little mods, if anyone is interested, hope this is on the right thread
First one was a GNR 3d belt buckle, I grinded the little pieces off the back to make if flat, and stuck it on over the printed logo , it was $25 aud
The 2 x les Paulā€™s guitars , either side of the buckle were off eBay $16 each ..
Third one, is the skull on the left ramp covering the black sensor capā€¦
$12 for the skull and $6 for about 5 mini roses from a craft shopā€¦
I made a cardboard templet that fitted over the cap, and then use a dremel to cut that out on the bottom of the skull,
Added a bit of extra black on the eyes and teeth, used the smallest drill bit I had and drilled 2 holes in either side of the teeth
And feed the rose thru it, and gave it a coat of clear coatā€¦ ( as the skull is hollow I had to put a bit of material packing inside
Just to make it up just rightā€¦) so for less than $20 I covered up that ugly senor. ( I will one day, wire up some green leds in the eyes)
Fourth , used one of the mini roses to cover up the wiring on the right side near the not in this life time speakers .
Five , from the same craft shop bought a pack of 6 stick on roses flowers for $5 .
Covered up the top of the spot light in the bottom trough near the flippers, and a couple other places
Six.. I was struggling here in Australia to get some mirror blades for my machine, I had a feeling if I ordered them from the US , by the time they got here they would of been damaged.. and was told by a few other that would more than likely be the case..
So I ended using silver / chrome wrap , I think it works quite well. Itā€™s not as mirrored finished as polished aluminium, but it gives off a nice
Reflection and easy on the eyes , without having to wear sunglasses ..lol ( so Iā€™ve read with the mirror blades)
All up, for less than a $100 bills, Iā€™ve got to add a few personalised touches to my machine ā€¦[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice touch man,
Top value and looks great !

I would love to see Slash top hat on that skull.

Very cool, well done.

#22074 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

a funny thing happened on the way to my Guns n' Roses concert last week.
https://fb.watch/dX5Wlw7gg2/[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing man,

Very Cool !

#22115 1 year ago
Quoted from GoinPostal:

I've had LE for 11 months now and it has never worked correctly. I am sick to my stomach and I hate looking at it. JJP keeps sending boards that do not work. Biggest most expensive mistake of my life.

Im so sorry to hear that. I am waiting for another board and my game has had the problem for around 11 months as well.

The game is so good and I would like to keep it.

I am somewhat ocd and wish to have all my games working 100%

The shooter problem is very intermittent for me and has shifted from sensor 4 to sensor 3 on my game. A new playfield controller board is on its way, so hopefully this will fix the problem.

My distributor and the team at JJP support have been helpful towards me.

I am fortunate to have electronics trade and pinball maintenance experience.

I would be happy to help you with any information I have regarding the problem via pm to try help you work through this.

#22155 1 year ago

Yeah, have to admit, I am surprised to see JJP GnR slip out of the top 10

If Keefer and team have time to update / complete / fine tune code ?

GnR is certainly top 10 material !!!

gn (resized).jpggn (resized).jpg
#22173 1 year ago

I have officially now joined the broken spotlight club.

My guess is they have been busted for ages, I never cared to pay attention until now.

I installed a replacement playfield controller board for my relentless shooter sensor issue and thought I better check all devices after fitment,

Quickly realised both the spots were no good broken links and a possible servo fail on right hand side unit.

Good news is the shooter sensor problem may actually be fixed
I need to get time to test some more.

Hoping JJP support may be kind enough to assist with upgraded parts to fix this failure.
Broken spot (resized).jpgBroken spot (resized).jpg

#22202 1 year ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Go and see the dentist before you play one with a shaker, specially in ā€˜Live and Let Dieā€™. Shakes your fillings outā€¦.

Oh man, its so good !

1 week later
#22257 1 year ago

Hopefully new playfields will be produced with tight fit post holes and no art under posts.

#22288 1 year ago
20220704_182350 (resized).jpg20220704_182350 (resized).jpg
#22302 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

As others said, right rail is 62 LEDs while the left is 42, so flipping those connectors will do that. The pins in those connectors will shake loose sometimes. Fun fact, those pins are rated by the manufacturer to stay firm for around 30-40 plug/unplugs, so donā€™t keep flopping them around just for fun. I donā€™t know why I bother with these pointless public service announcements. If youā€™re into repeatedly unplugging and replugging connectors, just enjoy yourself.

Crazy amount of LEDs
Makes the game so awesome !

Again kudos to the coders for the most epic light show in pinball of all time.

#22307 1 year ago
Quoted from 67cutlass:

I finally hooked up the shaker motor in my SE, but it doesn't seem to use it much. I have the setting on high (can't remember exact screen) and the tests shows it's working. Is there another setting I'm meeting somewhere?

I have found most intense shaker action on Live and Let die,
Maybe try it out on that.
Should rattle the glass if working well

Sidenote,
GnR wins best light show coding in pinball to date.
KME's Godzilla wins best shaker coding I have ever come across. Godzilla light show a very close second to GnR.

1 week later
#22353 1 year ago

Honestly man,
Don't waste your time with a playfield overlay.

It's unnatural.

However if they can make a "glow in the dark" might be cool !

Bareback all the way brother.

glow (resized).JPGglow (resized).JPG
#22372 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve done them all in the same game lol
I guess I just suck at playing this particular game but I wouldnā€™t call myself a great player. For those that own Wonka my best score is 6M on that
The rules on these modern games are quite complicated

Don't give up man,
Sometimes it takes a little while for a game to click.
Took me ages to get into the groove and figure it out.

The risk/reward is awesome.

When you do get really jamming your gonna love it !

#22414 1 year ago
Quoted from GoinPostal:

Any luck, sounds like we have similar issues.

Yes, my GnR auto launch sensor fault is fixed now.
I appreciate the support from Brian at JJP.

In Hardware menu check ACC Driver Version mine was 120

Installed replacement playfield controller PCB with 130 Driver

All good now.

Hope you can get it sorted soon, I can certainly understand your frustration.

20220704_180331 (resized).jpg20220704_180331 (resized).jpgvers (resized).jpgvers (resized).jpg
#22415 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Excellent , they look great , did you use the little screws .
Maybe consider getting some blade protectors to keep them shiny .
https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/cabinet-game-blade-protector-set/
rtbb are currently out of stock but pinball life also has them.
[quoted image]

These are a great idea and a must for anyone who has playfield mirror or cab art

#22429 1 year ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Just joined the club HUO SE, squired from original owner
[quoted image]

Looks Great ! That be the rarest model as well, Bonus !

Happy Flippin'

1 week later
#22538 1 year ago

I would like to see anything that JJP actually gives a shit about this title anymore.

1 week later
#22655 1 year ago

Is there any guarantee that the new playfields will be any better ?

Like, what's the point if Mirco is making the same shit ?

#22682 1 year ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

For those that asked in the past, JJP started shipping the replacement playfields. Got an email from them last Friday and the playfield got delivered today. It looks great and will probably be hanging it being that my currently installed playfield looks great.

Photo please !!!!

#22692 1 year ago

Yes, I

Quoted from Mar3nBu:

I ordered both. Iā€™ll take a pic of the main playfield but here is one of the upper one.[quoted image]

Thanks for the pic.

Looks like problem fixed with art removal around post holes.

The big question is are the post through holes drilled to correct size now ? Is the post hole on the right of lock arrow holding post tight now ?

This and 2 post holes on the main pf are/were oversized causing too much play in post.

Screenshot_20220824-161004_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220824-161004_Chrome (resized).jpg
#22693 1 year ago

The other 2 bad oversized holes

Screenshot_20220824-161602_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220824-161602_Gallery (resized).jpg
#22718 1 year ago

Check remove and reseat the blue ethernet style comms cables LED PFC board mate, take care while doing so.

#22724 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Have reseated all cables on board and backbox, the fact the game reset midway through and now i have this error makes me think something has blown open to any and all other suggestions to try.

I would recommend that any of this type of work be done with machine power off.

#22727 1 year ago

I assume that the red / black is 5v ?
Sorry I am not home to check.
If it is remove plug and then if 5v comes up you may have a bad pcb.
Might have to raise a ticket there

#22731 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Checked with a multimeter, getting 4.76v from that connector. is that what you were asking? But would that single bad pcb cause the whole lot to go down?

4.76 is too low
Check again on the plug not the board when unplugged. The game may even start.

Essentially you are isolating the board.
If the board has failed it may put extra load on the 5v pulling 5v down.

Outside this I would follow pinmonks lead, check 5v at the ATX suppy.

Again be careful in there there is 240v coming into that power supply.

#22747 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

New Beta 23 offers an equalizer. I played with it for 20 minutes and created this custom curve, finding it to be much superior to default/flat. But it's early days. Might decide I don't like the high end roll off or some other aspect.
[quoted image]

Awefknsome !!!

Thank you Keefer and Co.

#22761 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Please put a ticket in with us.
We show some in inventory.
You will need 1 of each of these part numbers:
32-100009-00
10-100190-00
10-100190-01
82-000106-08
91-000108-00

Without wanting to be selfish
What if CE owner needs any of the parts mentioned ?

You state some inventory.
Will you continue to manufacture these CE specific parts ?

All good if you do

#22763 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Done it multiple times. It fills the roses out and when full does nothing more. I believe it build towards your end of ball bonus. No achievements attached or anything else unfortunately.

Bummer,
Some cool graphics and riff of some sort to celebrate the achievement would be cool.

Perhaps Keefer has something special in mind for the final polish ?

1 week later
#22817 1 year ago

Anyone have these available for Australia ?

#22826 1 year ago

Sorry to hear of your sensor 57 problem,
I know the feeling after having same problem with lane sensor 3
excuse me if I missed it, have you tried the game with sw57 sensor disconnected ?

At least you could play still.

I still feel that there is sensor gain/bias problem in the code.

Hope the problem is solved for you soon.

Really appreciate your positive contributions to this thread.

3 weeks later
#22968 1 year ago

Man, glad im out. my CE gone.

Nothing but drama with jjp.

It's a shame because the game is truly awesome.

GLTAH

1 week later
#23044 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Think of it this way:
- It's cheaper than retail - a nice compromise by JJP
- When they are gone, they are gone - this is the one chance to do it
- Yes absolutely the ability to restore the machine to new condition brings value

Compromise, lol

It's a Kick in the guts mate !

Have to pay to replace a defective product from new !

What a Rip Off !

3 weeks later
#23430 1 year ago

I am missing my GnR to the extreme. I enjoyed the rush of Erics GnR immensely.

Killed me to battle with on going errors.
I may be a sucker for punishment.
Wanting to get back in the game with an LE.

I just hope to get one that is not possessed.

20220708_133439 (resized).jpg20220708_133439 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#23798 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Does anyone have any good images of the ce playfield differences and sparkle?
Trying to get a good look at the differences but can't seem to find anything.

The sparkle is awesome,

The sinking posts and peeling art are not

Shame on you Mirco and JJP.

20220302_111742 (resized).jpg20220302_111742 (resized).jpgsh (resized).jpgsh (resized).jpg

#23809 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is this the new replacement playfield?

No,
Distro has indicated that I can purchase a replacement playfield for $500.

Original has been repaired successfully with Cliffy carbon and PETG.

1 month later
#24179 1 year ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Oh, I have - many times... I may try again - but just not a fan of these Gremlins - that feel like something JJP should KNOW How to fix by now.

Yep, different hardware with quality locking connectors

2 weeks later
#24280 1 year ago

Great game.

Will be greater when code fully baked.

I want get back in the ring with an LE !

Will code update ever happen ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ra77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=ra77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.